Booksy Logo

Booksy

One solution for managing your calendar and your business.

Booksy Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.16/10

Reviews by rating

I love that the interface is easy for both the salon and our clients to use. Its awesome that I have so many different reports at my fingertips.
I love the ease of convenience and the flawless layout of the app. Best value for the money paid.
It’s easy and accessible, I love that my clients can book when ever they want with out having to go through me.
Not being able to remove or hide negative reviews.
The text message reminders have the booksy name first so clients get confused about who they are from. The booksy name should be at the back or not at all.
Not easy to edit appointments and difficult for clients to book online. I was with Genbook and Genbook merged with Booksy, so disappointing.

Piotr K.

CEO

Internet, 1-10 employees

All you need to manage your small beauty shop

Transcript

Piotr K.: Hi, my name is Piotr. I'm a founder and co-owner of the beauty shop. We use Booksy for our...

CL

Charles L.

GAME CHANGER!

Anytime I’ve has problems, the team have been prompt in responding with a solution everytime

Pros

I’m able to book clients and make money in my sleep

Cons

Be great if Australian customers could pay for their bookings through Booksy

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Revolutionary product that makes life easier

It brings the supply and demand together in the market. I guess the simplest description can be this. Finding a place with the service I need and making an appointment has never been so easy.

Pros

First of all, great idea and product. It solves a big problem for everyone in everyday life. I can't express enough how Booksy improved my life quality by making appointments and reservations in the most simplified way. Moreover, it allows me to make a more informed decision as I can see other reviews. Filters and sorting helps a lot. I can't imagine my life now without Booksy.

Cons

I am a long term user so I can say that at the beginning UI/UX was not as intuitive. However, they do release product updates and improve the tool so I can't really complain.

Thank you for the feedback! We love hearing from our long-time users and we're so glad our improvements have made a difference for you and your Booksy app experience.

LN

Laura N.

Disappointed with takeover of Genbook

Booksy took over Genbook quickly with very little warning. They did NOT make sure they had the same features in place before this, which made the transition challenging for clients as well as practitioners. They still have not added the features we needed. At a minimum I wish they would have made sure they could offer the same simple features of Genbook before the takeover.

Pros

They integrated my customers and reviews from Genbook when they purchased it. This was convenient... that said, many other things since have been a nightmare.

Cons

There are no options to send repeat or automatic reminder to clients. They collect client information and encourage them to sign up for "booksy" to get an appointment. Clients have a lot of trouble making appointments, often get frustrated, then reach out by email anyway. There are no options for resource management, room management, or group classes. There is no option to show the "buffer" time set on the calendar; this allows practitioners to accidentally overbook themselves, we worked around this by adding time on to the appointment time, but then clients contact us and ask if their session is actually 30 minutes longer than expected.

Thank you for the feedback! Change is difficult, big or small, and it is never our intention to create confusion for you or your clients. Some of what you are describing we do have solutions for. Search "resources" in the Booksy Library or reach out to support via chat for tutorials on how to implement them in your Booksy.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Definitely the best tool to book your haidresser!

Perfect! The mobile app works amazing and I can't imagine using another tool. Good job Booksy team!

Pros

I use this tool daily to book hairdressers, groomers, barber,s and beauticians. It works perfectly for me as I can choose time and place and price or reschedule and I don't have to call each place every time.

Cons

Not all the places are available at Booksy, but I hope it's only a matter of time. Apart from that everything works well for me!

Thanks for letting us know that your enjoying Booksy to book your services. We're so glad to hear it.

Small Business Savior

Booksy is one of the three main components of my business' smooth start and quick success. Eliminating a Receptionist and now having direct access to my clients scheduling needs has allowed me to satisfy my clients and grown my business. Without Booksy owning my own business would definitely not be as easy, lucrative or enjoyable as it has been.

Pros

My clients, age range from teenagers to elderly, can easily navigate the software on whether on the Booksy App or Booksy.com.

Cons

I reviewed, downloaded and tried 5 different booking software/Apps before I chose Booksy. I have yet to find an aspect of Booksy I do not like.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Great on the inside but outside could use a little work

Pros

Booksy is super easy to use on the business side of things. It takes just a couple of minutes to set up and then you're good to go, customers can book their own appointments based on your availability.

Cons

I didn't experience this myself, but customers kept complaining about the interface being clunky, I had people go to my website and email saying "please can I just make an appointment without going through that website." Definitely not what you want in a system!

Dwight T.

Must have

Really good keeping up with analysis. So overall it's a valuable resource and must need.

Pros

The function on payment. I can charge a will or make clients prepay.

Cons

The freeze up at time and scheduling update load slow.

Kathryn Zochert B.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Where is their support staff?

I was forced over to this product when GenBook was purchased. The support is terrible. It takes at least an hour to get a response from the chat, and sometimes, I get NO response even by the next day. Their online videos are useless to a new user who is just trying to switch over. Everything seems focused on salon usage, which is not how I use it.

Pros

I like that I can create a document to be completed by my clients right online when they create an appointment

Cons

I have no idea where or how to find the features I am used to. Documentation is lacking.

Thank you for the feedback! We never want to leave anyone feeling like they can't get in touch with us. Checkout out our webinar series specifically for Genbook users coming to Booksy. They are a great platform to ask questions, get answers, and engage with the Booksy team.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great booking software

booksy has great customer support so i am always able to get help with any features i do not understand

Pros

Covers everything i need with great customer support and with boosky boost for new clients

Cons

missing the ability to save emails to send to clients

Thank you for this great review! We're so glad you're enjoying using Booksy, that Boost is helping you find new clients in our Marketplace, and that our support team has been able to provide guidance when you have questions.

MK

Michaela K.

Like a personal PA

They have 24/7 chat available so anytime I need to ask there is support.

Pros

Easy to use for me and client end. Message blast, easy acces to clients profile.

Cons

Creating double profile by clients when they set different email address when logging in.

SC

Shannon C.

Stay Away if you value your Customers

Awful, frustrating, have definitely upset my clients over this unplanned switch from Genbook.

Pros

I do like the option you can add forms as I'd like to get away from paper. I haven't used theirs as I'm looking for alternative software, but it was the one thing that appealed to me.

Cons

As others have stated, there is zero customer support. They want you to watch their webinars...um seriously?? The chat people will say "hi" then maybe answer your question 10 hours later. If ever. There's really too many things that make this software the worst ever, just trust the bad reviews with recent ratings.

We're sorry the transition to Booksy did not meet your expectations. It is never our intention to deliver a less-than stellar experience when they need answers. We've dramatically expanded our support team to reduce wait times. Please continue to reach out via the in-app chat or by email at info.us@booksy.com

TH

Troy H.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Its Hard to teach an old barber new tricks!

I get people who look me up on booksy. People will find you and you will begin to develope a following after great reviews. People who move to las vegas are new to the Valley. They need a barber . They find me on Booksy. In thier area. Booksy pulls it up. Experience 2 to 3 people a week that i normally wouldnt have gotten if not for booksy. It truly pays for itself if you get just 1 new person a month from of Booksy.

Pros

It was Simple! The software was easy to maneuver around on my android. It frees my hands up and my time . Which is a valuable thing in the barber industry . Book and keep moving. Love.it.

Cons

This wouldn't fall under the category of dislike necessarily! But, it would be nice to have some picture or photo of what the person looks like. Walking into a busy shop. There have been times that person walks in the shop and I can not identify them. They sit. If I could have an IDEA or better idea of the person of their hair height and photo ..something. Uber does it. Technology takes away the personal connection. Late nights in my shop to open a barbershop door to whomever that booked on booksy. Let me see your face before i open the door to the shop. Or get into a strange vehicle for a ride home.. with a stranger... GETIT. MAKE IT MANDATORY TO UPLOAD A PICTURE ON 1ST VISITS. I THINK THAT WOULD BE AWESOMEEEE...THANKS FOR LISTENING.

CW

Courtney W.

Beyond disappointed 😔

Horrible, betrayed, scandalous ,atrocious,

Pros

Convenient .

Cons

After 2 years of paid subscriptions I felt abused by customer service and belittled they rushed me off and told me someone would call from upper management to resolve my problem but they never did 😔😔😔I’m very disappointed that they were not able to amicably resolved my very simple accounting 🧾 issue.

We are extremely sorry to hear about this, and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. We'd like to make sure that such mistakes don't happen again. Please reach out to us by email at support@booksy.com. We want to hear all about your concerns and address them in the most suitable way. Your feedback makes us better.

Jeff S.

Disaster for my business

It has been a nightmare. My business is down to half capacity. I regret not leaving immediately at the beginning of the year, but the problems compounded to the point where I must get a new booking system in order for my business to survive.

Pros

When they bought Genbook the migration was handled adequately and the transition was relatively smooth.

Cons

Everything else. The software is very buggy, customers began having trouble booking online and my schedule became less and less full over time. Customer support is non-existent. We lost the wait list function of genbook, we lost reviews, everything takes 3-4 extra clicks. They seem to be only interested in capturing my clients data so they can spam them. It was so cumbersome to book that many clients just started calling or texting me, defeating the purpose of online booking.

Thank you for your comments! We're sorry Booksy didn't meet your expectations and we're sorry to see you go.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Don't believe all those glowing reviews -- terrible online support and impossible to cancel.

Shop around! There's so many better booking sites out there with far better support and who won't try to make it impossible for you to cancel your subscription.

Pros

It's pretty straightforward as far as scheduling softwares go, but there's so many to choose from that are simple to use and have way better support.

Cons

I was using Genbook when it was bought by Booksy. I spent a fair amount of time working with the Booksy platform but there were numerous things that I didn't like about it that made me decide to switch to a different scheduling platform. That's when the real trouble began. First, they took down the account access page that would let you cancel your account online. So I called and got a nice young woman...

Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry you've had this experience! We want to deliver top-notch support at all times.

ND

Nick D.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Been a booksy user since close to the beginning.

Less no shows now that I charge for that.

Pros

Man it’s easy to use. I love that the client has an app rather than try and remember a website to use and book.

Cons

I wish I could control frequency and time of reminders. I would love clients got a 12 hour reminder. And could get a reminder first thing in the morning.

NB

Natalia B.

Payouts issue - disappointing

I am experiencing issues with registering my account for payouts since September 2022.I have provided Booksy with my Revolut details for payouts and as per error of one their employees I have been accepted even though they don’t allow Revolut for payouts.My customers have been charged for £160 worth of services and I can’t claim my money back from you due to this error.I have been informed by Booksy...

Pros

Absolutely rubbish of a Customer service!

Cons

Absolutely rubbish of a Customer service!

DP

Denise P.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Great company to work with and excellent software scheduling program.

Scheduling. I appreciate this software in that it incorporates resource rooms.

Pros

The layout is user-friendly and has many options and functionality. The help staff are always on top of inquiries and are very, very kind.

Cons

This software needs to implement an SMS calendar function integration (like Cronofy) to integrate with other calendars and automatically push reminders through to Gmail, etc. Also, the business app does not push reminders through of appointments. A user must hand-enter the appointment through the "add to calendar" link by re-opening the appointment after it has been scheduled and including details such as the name of the staff, etc., as well as who will be included on the appointment notification.

CC

Crystal C.

Long time customer

It was good at first, after covid things changed, mainly getting help and customer service.

Pros

All in one marketing tool. Great for new stylist as it helps bring in clients.

Cons

Customer service is not as good as when I originally started with them. Not all features work properly. I feel like they started to nickel and dime. Can't choose how you wanted deposits taken ( has to go thru their payment system). Was not as customizable as I'd like it to be

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry your experience with support hasn't met your expectations. We value your input and commit to delivering excellent experiences in the future.

ZG

Zahira G.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

3 years and counting...

Booksy makes my life less complicated. I love it!

Pros

I love that I don't have to stop between appointments to answer the phone or to look in my agenda . Booksy is my receptionist. All my clients learned how to use it and they love it

Cons

It doesn't have a waiting list. I'm constantly booked and sometimes my clients will ask me if I can call them if someone cancel an appointment if I Dont write a list I will always forget who ask for a spot as soon as is available . I will absolutely love if Booksy can manage to send a notification to a list of clients that set themselves up on a waiting list. ;)

JS

Julie S.

Worst Customer Service

Disappointed entirely with the transition from Genbook to Booksy.

Pros

I have not had a good experience with the product and most specifically with customer support.

Cons

When Genbook transitioned to Booksy I was assured that it would be seamless, and it has been anything but that. When I call for customer service the message saying there are is no one available to help repeats every 10 seconds, I get it they don't want me to wait on hold because then they have to provide service. Wait time for chat is ridiculous. I started a chat an hour ago and have been waiting a...

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We're sorry the transition to Booksy has been less than smooth. It is never our intention to cause any confusion.

FF

FELIX F.

The best software

I can have my inventory

Pros

That customers can do their appointment when ever they want it with out calling the spa.

Cons

I can't do cancelation free I have to pay BOOKSY to do it

LM

Lynette M.

Awesome

Pros

Easy to use. Very simple. Amazing features. I love the pre pay system as well as the scheduling systems.

Cons

I don’t like that the customer can’t pay remaining balances through the app

KZ

Kevin Z.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Best marketing we’ve done!

It has been great! I probably don’t research the app enough, as I am always figuring out new features. Maybe Tutorials on new/ all features would be helpful to fully understand the apps capabilities.

Pros

It allows anyone who finds us online to book immediately. You know what time your getting in and keeps you updated. We keep cutting hair and Booksy does all the booking!

Cons

When booked up it will jump people to that day next time we are available. If you try to get in Monday and we are booked, It will take you to following Monday. Confusing to clients. Also wish we could set standing appointments( same day/time every week or two/three)

RA

Raul A.

Booksy is Awesome!

Pros

Booksy is great! Helps make my life %100 easier! I am a Barber, and I no longer have to deal with txt messages and calls for my clients wanting to make appointments for haircuts. It’s now simple and easy for them to access my schedule threw Booksy and book what works for them whenever they need to.

Cons

To be honest I can’t really think of anything that would be considered a con about Booksy. Best decision I’ve made in my career thus far.