Booksy Logo

Booksy

One solution for managing your calendar and your business.

Booksy Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.17/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I love that the interface is easy for both the salon and our clients to use. Its awesome that I have so many different reports at my fingertips.
I love the ease of convenience and the flawless layout of the app. Best value for the money paid.
It’s easy and accessible, I love that my clients can book when ever they want with out having to go through me.
Not being able to remove or hide negative reviews.
The text message reminders have the booksy name first so clients get confused about who they are from. The booksy name should be at the back or not at all.
Not easy to edit appointments and difficult for clients to book online. I was with Genbook and Genbook merged with Booksy, so disappointing.

Piotr K.

Founder

Internet, 1-10 employees

All you need to manage your small beauty shop

Transcript

Piotr K.: Hi, my name is Piotr. I'm a founder and co-owner of the beauty shop. We use Booksy for our...

CL

Charles L.

GAME CHANGER!

Anytime I’ve has problems, the team have been prompt in responding with a solution everytime

Pros

I’m able to book clients and make money in my sleep

Cons

Be great if Australian customers could pay for their bookings through Booksy

AM

Abrianna M.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Booksy Review

My overall experience with Booksy has been great. It’s a great price for the features it offers and it makes running my business easier for me. Not to mention my clients also like how easy it is to use.

Pros

What I like and appreciate most about this software is the mobile access, appointment scheduling, and confirmation/reminders. These are some of the main things about this software that makes it easy not only for me, but for my customers to use.

Cons

I do feel calendar sync could be improved. I do like this feature, but I’ve had issues with my appointments not being on my calendar even though someone would schedule their appointment.

Thank you for the great feedback! We'd love to hear more about your calendar sync. If it continues to be an issue, please reach out via our 24/7 in-app chat so we can walk you through your setup.

Karol H.

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

Over Charged My Bank Account

Pros

Cons

AWFUL!!!! This app has overcharged my bank account several times. I have tried to contact them several times and they will not get back with me. I have emailed them, called them and no response. I have been very patient. Still no response. Not even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will respond to me. Just shows the business ethic on their end and the lack of compassion towards the hairdressers that pay them...

We're sorry you've had this experience with your subscription payments and we appreciate your patience as we work for a resolution.

MH

Megan H.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Online Booking is the reason my business continues to grow!

benefits include my clients finding other beauty services on the same app so they love finding their beauty pros in one spot! managing my appointments is effortless so I can focus behind the chair!

Pros

I love the customization available when booking clients and appointments(color coding, time variations) I also like the templates they have to share so easily on social platforms. I love the Booking integration on social channels and google maps and yelp and IG! App is highly functional and looks good too!

Cons

some of the ways things are worded can be slightly complex on the back end but thankfully they have an incredible support system in place!

DK

Dana K.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

Excellent

Easy to use my clients love it I love it and most of all I love the little Booksy icon .

Pros

How much my clients love booking the appointments on booksy.

Cons

What's not to like about booksy its great.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Revolutionary product that makes life easier

It brings the supply and demand together in the market. I guess the simplest description can be this. Finding a place with the service I need and making an appointment has never been so easy.

Pros

First of all, great idea and product. It solves a big problem for everyone in everyday life. I can't express enough how Booksy improved my life quality by making appointments and reservations in the most simplified way. Moreover, it allows me to make a more informed decision as I can see other reviews. Filters and sorting helps a lot. I can't imagine my life now without Booksy.

Cons

I am a long term user so I can say that at the beginning UI/UX was not as intuitive. However, they do release product updates and improve the tool so I can't really complain.

Thank you for the feedback! We love hearing from our long-time users and we're so glad our improvements have made a difference for you and your Booksy app experience.

DW

Devin W.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Scheduling made easy

Pros

Scheduling is super easy. Easy to find new salons and other places.

Cons

Some salons in my area were not available

It is great to hear how easy it is to find and book with salons in your area. Thanks for taking the time to review Booksy.

Dwight T.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Must have

Really good keeping up with analysis. So overall it's a valuable resource and must need.

Pros

The function on payment. I can charge a will or make clients prepay.

Cons

The freeze up at time and scheduling update load slow.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great booking software

booksy has great customer support so i am always able to get help with any features i do not understand

Pros

Covers everything i need with great customer support and with boosky boost for new clients

Cons

missing the ability to save emails to send to clients

Thank you for this great review! We're so glad you're enjoying using Booksy, that Boost is helping you find new clients in our Marketplace, and that our support team has been able to provide guidance when you have questions.

hl

harlen l.

Public Safety, 1-10 employees

barbershop

Pros

i like this app my bussines be came more organize and we can find more customer via bookys

Cons

that customer cancel they appointment ..

Thank you for the great review! We're glad Booksy is helping you build and keep your business organized.

CH

Chantelle H.

Best Software

I love it. Its awesome! And the help is always friendly even when you have silly questions they are always willing to help.

Pros

I have used booksy a long time ago when they just started, then went back on the books and paper for a while, then they came to see me and i saw so many upgrades and features, i dont use any other apps, they are the best of the best in salon business, i can do anything and everything i need to. Amazing software, easy and user friendly. I LOVE IT!

Cons

I Have nothing negative to say. Except for the gallery could be easier to use.... if you click on a pic and want to go back it takes you to the top again. if you could go back and stay where you are that would be great otherwise you have to keep scrolling down. or if they could add in sections in the gallery like example.. in the salon business. say you have a full service salon. in one folder Nails, in another folder , Hair, ect. that would be awesome. or to categorize the peoples images in the salon. for example.... (Me) Chantelle and all my images under my name in a folder separate from Dee or sons images. so that way everyone creates their own profiles.

CC

Crystal C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great for ones who work alone.

My over all experience using this app is great I just don't really like you can't see what is pending to be deposited into your account I do not like that you cannot set a lunch time continuously and I am very upset that they took away the bounce back text messages but over all it's a great app to utilize if you work alone.

Pros

The pros of this software is that your clients can book 24 hours A-day 7 days a week with out a phone call you can apply a cancelation policy You can describe your services in full you can add a question that they have to answer before they can book that service it's a completely well rounded thought out software for someone who works alone.

Cons

I do not like that they took away the bounce back text messages so when someone would call and you couldn't get to the phone it would send them a text message where they could book their appointments I don't like that you can't set a set lunch time. And I do not like that you cannot see pending deposits. The way they have it set up is confusing

Cosmetics, self-employed

Booksy seems to be too understaffed and overwhelmed to be as effective as it can

I hate the fact that I'm stuck using this awful company (if I jumped ship I would lose the hundereds of reviews that I had amassed while I was using Genbook). Booksy clearly got greedy by acquiring a competitor and instead of boosting up its staffing to handle the numerous bugs in its software as well as the influx of all the new customers from the competitor, they choose to go cheap with keeping its domestic staff lean (which I'm sure is terrible for morale) and contracting with ill-trained overseas customer support who are essentially useless when it comes to addressing the very real flaws in its system.

Pros

Good effort that they offer videos and webinars to help users navigate how to use Booksy. Too bad that those videos and webinars tend to be general and vague, and when there are specific questions and issues (or problems we run into that we point out) they are simply not addressed. I like that someone from Booksy reached out to me as a new customer after being migrated from Genbook to help me with...

Cons

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Booksy touts offering support by phone (except they are so short staffed that the wait time is interminable), email (response rate is about several weeks), and 24/7 chat (response rate several hours for a reply, and oftentimes the overseas support person is not equipped to provide an answer or solution and when that is the case then they just ghost the conversation. Here...

We are sorry the transition to Booksy from Genbook did not meet your expectation. It is never our intention to leave anyone with questions and we appreciate you sticking with us. We've made strides to improve response times on the phone and in the in-app chat. If you find yourself with a question please reach out so we can assist.

PB

Paula B.

Lasting Impressions

The reports of the products etc. Marketing tool also very helpful

Pros

Very user friendly, affordable, and easy to manage when not in store. This software changed my life and my business turnover. I have recommended it to many colleagues who are also very satisfied.

Cons

Te voucher system can improve to redeem vouchers and also if clients load credit I would like to have access to the sale to make changes

Thank you, Paula! We are glad booksy has made a difference in your business. Thank you as well for the feedback. We'll be sure to share it with internal teams.

jw

josh w.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Best of the Best

Great

Pros

Great customer service that actually interact with you. Everything is always easy and taken care of. Booksy appreciate their customers and thats why i appreciate them. Highly recommend!

Cons

N/A nothing to complain about. Everything is awesome

ND

Nicola D.

Simply amazing

I have really enjoyed using booksy, I can use it on the go when clients phone and I'm not at the salon. It's been really easy to use I have only had 2 problems with it and was fixed within 5 minutes. I know I don't have to stress when I'm away and my staff members won't struggle with using it.

Pros

This software is easy to use, can be used on a pc, tablet or phone. Clients find it easy for booking online. If there is a problem the support is always there and quick to respond

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was more managing software for staff wages and etc so I wouldn't have to pay extra for another software system. Also wish that you didn't have to always have a clients email to send receipts wish it could send to the cellphone number and lastly it needs capabilities for voucher functions

FF

FELIX F.

The best software

I can have my inventory

Pros

That customers can do their appointment when ever they want it with out calling the spa.

Cons

I can't do cancelation free I have to pay BOOKSY to do it

VA

Vijay A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Overall i have very satisfied. It helps derive full value from the product.

Pros

The no. of features and depth of features required to run a individual or a small team setup is great. there is very little learning curve. The additional discovery platform helps in getting more visibility and eventually in more business.

Cons

Not much. I am pretty satisfied with the overall package. Also i like the face even though the have expanded in so many countries, the platform is quite adaptable to different languages.

QJ

Quinsean J.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Booksy is great!

Booksy basically kicked off my career as a barber if it wasn’t for Booksy I would not have been able to grow with the times that we are living in today as far as technology goes. It just works! It has all your needs and plus the chat team that they have are always happy to help, I couldn’t ask for more.

Pros

Any app that I could immediately recommend to my colleagues says everything you need to know about this app it’s perfect in my opinion.

Cons

Nothing that I don’t like about this software everything exceeds my expectations.

AM

Ashley M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

So happy I left paper book scheduling

Taking up time going back an forth with clients trying to book them is over!!!!

Pros

The promotions and confirmations are life savers !

Cons

Sending thank you to clients after service and having a reminder to review them at same time . Also having a section when clients book to slow them to ask questions (about color ext. and allow them to send us a photo of there hair ( that’s so helpful for consulting purpose )

RK

Ross K.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Booksy user for over 2 years

I had over 100 clients before booksy which meant I had to communicate with all of them to get them booked into times they could make. We now have over 500 clients with 3 barbers and everyone is extremely happy with the app and the way booking has evolved.

Pros

It’s helped me organise my business and ultimately my life, Very easy to use.

Cons

That you couldn’t book from overseas and that you couldn’t enter clients into a waiting list when full. Both have been amended by booksy, brilliant.

CB

Christina B.

My personal Assistant

5 star

Pros

What I love most about this software is that it is more than just an app It's has saved my career and have allowed me to spend more time serviceing my client than taking calls and answering questions.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it I've been using this for years and everytime I find something wrong or that would help navigate the app easier i contact a tech and it is fixed

JO

Jeffrey O.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

BooksyBIZ!

Fantastic

Pros

Easy time saving app! Customers are now their own receptionist. They can make and change appointments with no problems at all.

Cons

Updates cause link issues from time to time for people without the app. Ie my website, FB, and IG

RF

Robert F.

I love Booksy

Before Booksy, I'd never had an appointment system. I'd tried a few before, but found they were more trouble than what they were worth. Booksy has made my life, and my customers life, a lot easier.

Pros

It's very easy to use. Not only for the owner, but also for the customers. I'm not tech savvy at all. Yet I found it very easy to use. Any problems I did come up against, the support team helped me through straight away.

Cons

I can't say I dislike anything about it. I would like to suggest some extra features. Like the ability to add multiple locations, and to be able to have different prices for different times.

CW

Courtney W.

Beyond disappointed 😔

Horrible, betrayed, scandalous ,atrocious,

Pros

Convenient .

Cons

After 2 years of paid subscriptions I felt abused by customer service and belittled they rushed me off and told me someone would call from upper management to resolve my problem but they never did 😔😔😔I’m very disappointed that they were not able to amicably resolved my very simple accounting 🧾 issue.

We are extremely sorry to hear about this, and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. We'd like to make sure that such mistakes don't happen again. Please reach out to us by email at support@booksy.com. We want to hear all about your concerns and address them in the most suitable way. Your feedback makes us better.