Insightly Reviews

3.95/5 (391 reviews)

James DiPilla

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

Reviewed 2018-07-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Anonymous

A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information.

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Ease of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.They offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them for a monthly service that will be used by all members of my company. The program can accommodate the growth curve in a company such as mine. We started out simply needing contact management software. Later as our sales and marketing needs became more our focus adding these features was an easy decision. There are many videos to quickly bring a new user up to speed. The experienced user can use the videos to explore the many functions that may yet be used by a company as needs and goals change. The reporting function has recently become important as we need to know the results of our marketing and sales efforts. The tool is there and ready for us to implement. I think the more our company commits to using Insightly the more our communication between owners and employees improves. We openly share information on Insightly and our feedback has been positive. In the past before Insightly, communication was dispersed informally and sometimes led to bad feelings due to the inefficiency of word of mouth. Insightly is constantly making changes and updates to its software.

Melissa Bamfo

Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's

Reviewed 2015-04-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Having worked with clients using a variety of CRM’s we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRM’s because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are managing lots of clients at different stages of fulfillment, Insightly’s pipeline feature helps all the players involved know exactly what they need to do and when. The client profile makes it easy for me to link contacts to organizations or note other important relationships. The ability to save my email communication and related tasks to a contact has become an essential part of how we use Insightly and it’s intuitive ability to save any attached files I send is another feature I love. Other favorite features are their mass emailing tool within the CRM. I can send a personalized email to a group of clients without having to write individual emails. A task management feature that allows me to see on one screen what I’m working on for each of my clients and in all areas of my business. With one click I can see what each of my employees is working on, what’s been done. You can create custom tagging systems to easily sort and find clients in your database. In one place see all of the projects you’re currently working on and where they are in the process of completion. Insightly’s Gmail gadget makes it easy to assign tasks, create projects, save emails, add or update contact email easily from within your email. No more switching back and forth from program to program. Insightly University provides a good training source for new users in addition to their highly responsive customer service team. I also have to mention all the strategic partnerships that makes using Insightly with other programs really seamless. For example, Mailchimp, evernote, DropBox and Google Apps for Business to name a few. Sure, there are lots bigger more robust CRM’s out there, but I don’t want to drive a Mack truck every day. I like my sports car. :)

Tom Cooper

Insightly offers great features, ease of use, and low cost.

Reviewed 2015-04-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Insightly is a very powerful toolkit, and incorporates both CRM and project management into the same application.  This makes it easier to keep track of status, and gives a single list of tasks which can show everything that needs to happen organized by person or by project. Insightly has more powerful sales pipeline management, strong task management, and integrates CRM and projects.   I use Google Apps for Business. Insightly has a direct integration with Google Apps.  This makes user management simple, and allows me some "extras" because their tool works nicely with Gmail.

Iain Mackay

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

Reviewed 2016-10-05

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied. Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box! Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues. Good simple project lists. Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Kevin Lee

Frustrating to get started

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me. I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

Anonymous

Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!

Reviewed 2014-11-16

We are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit: When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly! One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering United States every time gets tedious! On other CRM programs, I can enter a contact once and, if there is another person from that same company, I can choose to retain the information and simply change the name and e-mail address. Not so with Insightly! You have to re-enter ALL of the info for each contact! Upon entering the program, Insightly proudly announces that they have teamed-up with "Microsoft One drive" and Google "Whatever." I'm older but not that far gone, yet I haven't a CLUE as to what these programs are and how to use them! Finally, the big frustration: How does a task differ from an event differ from a meeting differ from notes? Now, don't get me wrong, the Insightly team always returns my e-mail questions promptly but, how many times can I do that in one day? There really needs to be a manual (not videos!) for this stuff! I looked for an "Insightly For Dummies" book on Amazon but there isn't one. This CRM is obviously geared towards twenty-something's and not us older folks.. And yet, we outnumber them and in many cases make more $$$ than them! Are you listening Insightly? Inexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use

Matt Roberts

Insightly is a good choice for small software-savvy operations

Reviewed 2016-12-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Our small agency needed a small CRM and Project Management support package so we went looking for a good fit. The person who chose Insightly did her due diligence in terms of functional comparison and interface design. The problem was that the person who selected Insightly had no experience with lead tracking or project management, let alone the software packages that save time and enable information sharing. Still, upon installation, the Insightly program did a fair job. Where there was friction and frustration was having to devote the time, and align our thinking with their software designers, to implement the software on different Windows platforms we had among our small team. (Our problem, we know.) While the newby on the team found she could use Insightly after some (time consuming) tutorial watching, the guy with more CRM, contact management and project management experience found Insightly to be less intuitive and more clunky when it came to smoothly integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar. Take all of this with a grain of salt, please, because we loaded the free version. Still, before paying for any upgraded functionality, we are looking for a product that behaves as intuitively as it should it it was designed by busy agency professionals who need to switch functions on a dime, just after a client contact, or integrate easily with other packages. Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.

Insightly - Punching above its weight

Reviewed 2018-11-27

We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Thomas Eberhard

Almost Perfect - But not quite!

Reviewed 2016-10-05
Review Source: Software Advice

After using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one of my companies). Yet I decided to give Insightly the last shot. It works great - almost the way I would have designed. There are some weaknesses as well, most of all the lack of the support teams response to multiple request of the same kind and promising future fixes that 'are just not coming'. That all said, Insightly is well rounded, has lots of integration options and works very well for most CRM needs, especially around customer service, contacting, tracking and task planing. Even light weight project management is included in 2 different forms - pipelines or more traditional but more complicated to use project management optionslHere are just a few pros: * Easy to use and learn * Integrated Light Weight Project Management * Fast Response * Great note taking * Easy task tracking * Great for sales cycles and customer service alike * Useful Integrations * Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)

David kelly

Easy to implement and it's very affordable

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Keeps thing organized, the price is right. We've been using it for 5 years. Small Retail online/brick mortar for customer follow up. 3 users, it makes it easy to follow and get updates about tasks. the gadget that interfaces with gmail is convenient.

Kevin Herring

Great Potential, Lack of Foresight

Reviewed 2016-10-08
Review Source: Software Advice

In general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.Great cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.

Tracey MacKenzie

Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software. It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

John Thomas

CRM software that promises ease of use, but just can't seem to deliver

Reviewed 2018-06-10

Insightly's CRM software has been essential for our sales reporting and tracking requirements.The dashboard interface is convenient and graphically easy to navigate, and it is an attractive interface. Some of the sections are simple and understandable by anyone first using the software.

Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features

Reviewed 2017-10-13

We were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program. The ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click. Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.

Tim Jackson

Insightly was my runner up when picking a CRM. The automation looked awesome.

Reviewed 2017-10-13

What I wanted to do would be more work in Insightly, but for a lot of businesses, this one is it.Insightly is a great contender in the small business CRM market. I had looked at many others (there are a TON of CRM out there), basing my criteria on integration with accounting software, ease of managing client information, and ease of managing client projects. Unfortunately, none of the CRM I looked at has strong integration into the accounting software that I ultimately went with. Insightly seems to have some great automation to help out with managing projects, but where it got beat out was the managing of client information. Since a lot of my business is conducted through social media, another software beat it in ease of integration with those applications.

John Treece

Free trial without limitations

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Great product. This product has a wide array of CRM tools and applications to work with including Google suite, Gmail, Docs, MailChimp, Outlook, Evernote, QuickBooks and more. The mobile accessibility was incredibly useful for on the go client relation management and is compatible with iPhone, Mac products, and Android phones and tablets as well. When navigating the "dashboard" Insightly offers real time reports and even probability of gaining new business and the value of specified clients. The project management function is fantastic. Once you've opened an account with a client, you can manage follow-ups and track progress on commitments and business along with history of conversations and specific details that can be utilized in the future for personable experiences. Insightly does a great job at distinguishing leads from clients, it's highly customizable, and removes the requirement of other project management tools you may be utilizing. The layout is similar to Facebook.

Jackie Pacha

InSightly for Non-Profit Use

Reviewed 2018-12-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy user interface The InSightly University provides lots of quick, well made instructional videos Free for a limited number of users Great for tracking grants, related documents, & timelines

Eliot Goldstein

Good CRM for small business. Easy to use - Easy to import lists

Reviewed 2018-07-02

I've using Insightly for years. It is a very easy process to import prospect lists. Since I am the main user in my organization I've been able to use the basic functionality without needing the reporting and audit capabilities. Easy to cc outgoing mails to the prospect listing. Simplicity is the biggest benefit for Insightly. Anyone can import without needing IT support. Search function is incredibly simple. Setting follow up is a click and done.

Katy Armstrong

Insightly - great offering

Reviewed 2014-12-09

I've been trialling Insightly and Solve360. I really like Insightly but there are some limitations versus Solve which are making me think twice. I can only customize 25 fields in contacts when I need more - SOLVE has unlimited custom fields. The other great thing with Solve is that you can give a contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need. Another advantage Solve seems to have over Insightly is that you can share a "project blog" in Solve with an external person such as a client. That's fantastic when you want to be able to show your client how far along a project you are. Instant access. You can also operate all your gmail from directly inside Solve - total integration. That said, Insightly looks better to my eye and has unlimited storage. I think if you could get up to speed with SOLVE on the other items, you'd be at the front of the pack and I would be IN for sure.Unlimited storage Intuitive Great gmail gadget

Jennifer Filla

Robust features - except reporting

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I use Insightly for one of my companies. It meets most of my needs for that company, especially around understanding people's relationships to one another and in social media. I've also used the project management feature when managing group activities.I really like how it tracks relationships among the records and makes it easy to pull a list using tags. It also has robust features like project management. Data entry is simple and I like the way it uses actions/tasks. And it is very awesome the way it manages social media account information.

Diana Hoffman

User-friendly software

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Insightly is designed for people, who work with sales, so its main task is to coordinate everything and set up relationships with clients. Moreover, this service integrates with Microsoft Office, Gmail, and other important applications, so you can easily organize working issues. If you are looking for the service that helps with task managing and information tracking, then Insightly will definitely suit you. A user-friendly design, a full package of integral features and pleasant customer service will win over your company.

Rueben Oakley

Grеаt Sоftwаrе fоr yоur Fіrst CRM

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Hаs аll thе bаsіс CRM funсtіоnаlіty yоu nееd іn а grоwіng stаrtuр, орроrtunіtіеs, соntасts. Intuіtіvе аnd еаsy tо usе fоr а CRM. Grеаt fоr trасkіng оf Sаlеs аnd Busіnеss Dеvеlорmеnt Pіреlіnе. Wе hаvе bееn usіng Insіghtly fоr аbоut а yеаr. Its іntеgrаtіоn wіth gmаіl hаs bееn а bіg tіmе sаvеr аnd еnhаnсеmеnt tо оur аbіlіty tо trасk аnd rеsроnd tо сlіеnts. It іs еаsy tо usе аnd sеtuр аnd іts wеb bаsеd whісh mеаns еvеryоnе hаs ассеss tо іt аnd іt rеquіrеs nо dоwnlоаds оr uрdаtе оn іndіvіduаl соmрutеrs.

John David Ayers

Very powerful tool. Must be setup correctly and is only as good as the data you have in it.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

It helped us to solve a problem that no other software was able to solve.We wanted a tool that would be very easy to for our sales team to implement. It needed to be something that would require a lot of training and that they would actually be able to use. Insightly is a tool that is easy to use and doesnt have alot of extra bloat that we don't need.

Anonymous

Great CRM tool for small and growing businesses

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Great for tracking and progressing sales opportunities and general business developmentThe option to create custom fields was a real hook for our business as we require a great deal of specific data and capture it in specific ways. The pipeline feature for defining custom workflows is a great feature which allows us to carve out our own procedure and modus operandi.