All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Insightly Reviews

Susan A.

Read the full review
Insightly CRM is a great option to consider, it has all the needed features like dashboard, process workflow, lead management, opportunities , converting opportunities to project, etc.

Nawar A.

Read the full review
I like that you can have two users for free. It's a great solution for small businesses that need capital for other things.

Lucinda H.

Read the full review

Cons

There are community threads with problems that are unresolved from 3-4 years ago. Support is non existent and the staff are clueless about their own product.

Read the full review
The activity view is really horrendous - when you mark a task complete, it doesn't disappear unless you refresh. When you delete a task, it takes you all the way out of the contact's record.

Melissa P.

Read the full review
So many fake reviews - this software is horrible.

Read the full review

Decent software option that gets the job done

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Hi Susan, Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Brings all record-keeping together

We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons

The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Very reliable, makes record keeping easy

Overall not a bad software. Provides opportunities to improve customer service.

Pros

Very reliable tool that allows you to document everything from start to finish easily. I like the fact that it offers many features that other apps are charging us for. It also operates well with other marketing initiatives.

Cons

Task portion of the app is a bit complicated and takes too many steps. Hate that notes aren't automatically refreshed.

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied. Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box! Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues. Good simple project lists. Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility. Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent. No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to laura@insightly.com and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Effective and Affordable

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

Pros

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

Cons

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Hi Nezar, Thank you for the feedback!!!

All of the basic functionality of a CRM, but feels outdated

From our experience within our company, it is a sufficient CRM, but in all honesty, after switching to Hubspot CRM, I realized that Insightly was missing a lot of other useful features.

Pros

It was a good starter CRM for our small company to get us more organized and move from an excel spreadsheet into a more feature-rich platform. It has the basic functionality of what you would expect from a CRM platform nowadays, with automatic email logging, contact management, as well as an integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

I felt like we outgrew it quickly. We were only on the free plan, but with the features that we used, and after analyzing the cost of upgrading versus the competitors, we couldn't justify the additional cost of upgrading Insightly.

Insightly CRM Review

Overall, Insightly solved my simple problems and provided a solution to our financial services firm so we could track our leads/projects until completion.

Pros

I previously used a version of Salesforce for small companies called Salesforce IQ. It didn't link contacts to leads, projects and companies well. It synced too much information from email and most of it wasn't relevant. Insightly solved all of these problems and made it easy to connect the dots between a person, lead, project, etc.

Cons

The software graphics were somewhat childish initially, but they have updated the graphics over time. It would be great if the software provided analysis / charts on some of the data that is stored there without forcing the user to do it themselves manually in excel.

Thanks so much for your kind note, Kelsey. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

intuitive and easy to use

Pros

easy to customise pipeline, good online information support

Cons

unable to customise reports to the extent we need

Wasn't right for our org, could be right for you.

Overall, the system is good for a smaller organization that is not putting large stresses on their CRM. We ultimately outgrew Insightly in many ways, and often overwhelmed the system with our integrations. Developing tools and processes internally to accommodate for this was less desirable than just moving to a new product. Definitely worth considering for a smaller organization or one that fits neatly into Insightly's wheel house.

Pros

Insightly was highly customizable and for the price a very capable tool. Flexibility in terms of object and workflow customization. Very easy to connect to third party or self-developed integrations via API. Loved being able to email to any specific record

Cons

API changes caused fatal errors in several of our integrations over the course of our time with Insightly. User interface was never the prettiest

Support SUCKS

NEVER have I been satisfied and it is the clunkiest, most user-unfriendly, counter-intuitive POS I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Cloud-based - I liked the ability to use on my handheld.

Cons

So.Many.Bugs. For example, I just added another user. They billed me immediately with absolutely no explanation of review of costs or anything (it would be nice to have a "Proceed" button. They are absolute jerks. And then, I try to add that used and NOWHERE to be found is "System Setting: to add a new user. Help gave me the answer but it doesn't exist in the actual program. Its a nightmare. Tried twice to ask for support via their email support system - NADA. Called, and got "please use email" and then got hung up on. Needless to say, we're looking.

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

Pros

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Cons

It’s rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors’. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It’s something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information.

Ease of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.

Pros

They offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them...

Cons

Its not visually pretty. I know that is silly but staff has to look at it all day and they like pretty. When a new user/employee first looks at program they make the mistake of thinking it is an old program. While I am able to bring them along and show them it isn't true, their first impression is a temporary detriment to their learning curve and acceptance of the program. In order for Insightly...

Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's

Pros

Having worked with clients using a variety of CRM’s we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRM’s because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are...

Cons

Insightly's calendar doesn't work for me, but I use google calendar and haven't missed it. I wish you could customize what you want to see on the home page. Right now it's just a running list of the activity on your accounts, but not super helpful in my opinion. Right now you have to manually advance pipelines. It would be nice to set them to advance to the next stage once all the activity sets are complete.

Insightly offers great features, ease of use, and low cost.

Pros

Insightly is a very powerful toolkit, and incorporates both CRM and project management into the same application.  This makes it easier to keep track of status, and gives a single list of tasks which can show everything that needs to happen organized by person or by project. Insightly has more powerful sales pipeline management, strong task management, and integrates CRM and projects.   I use Google Apps for Business. Insightly has a direct integration with Google Apps.  This makes user management simple, and allows me some "extras" because their tool works nicely with Gmail.

Cons

On the negative side, the permissions are more "liberal" than some competitors making it harder to block people from access to project information. You need to have a user account for every person working on each project, which may mean you have to buy a larger number of users than are in your organization.

OMG!!!

My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros

Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly...

Cons

It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

Frustrating to get started

Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.

Pros

I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

Cons

My first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.

Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!

We are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit: When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly! One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering...

Pros

Inexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use

Cons

No easy way to get answers to questions

We'll pass the feedback on entering data on to our product group. With regards to tutorial information to help you get started we have a number of resources for first time Insightly users -- many of them are on our resources page on our website (www.insightly.com/resources). Our Getting Started Guide is a ebook on the resources page. Our our online knowledgebase has great FAQs (i.e. what are tasks...

Insightly is a good choice for small software-savvy operations

Our small agency needed a small CRM and Project Management support package so we went looking for a good fit. The person who chose Insightly did her due diligence in terms of functional comparison and interface design. The problem was that the person who selected Insightly had no experience with lead tracking or project management, let alone the software packages that save time and enable information...

Pros

Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.

Cons

Not particularly business-like, visually. Cutesy. Not as intuitive an interface as expected. Glyphs and symbols are not immediately intuitive. More clunky when it came to integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar.

Insightly - Punching above its weight

We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.

Pros

We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Cons

Insightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.

Almost Perfect - But not quite!

After using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one...

Pros

Here are just a few pros: * Easy to use and learn * Integrated Light Weight Project Management * Fast Response * Great note taking * Easy task tracking * Great for sales cycles and customer service alike * Useful Integrations * Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)

Cons

A couple of Cons: * Service - The guys and gals at Insightly need to learn to listen and pass information 'up the management chain' * Task and Event Handling need improvement as reported by many clients * Need fully functional 2-way sync with Google Calendar * Need real workflow functionality instead of clunky Project Management (to their defense, lots of systems 'miss this one')

Highly customizable and advanced CRM tool with easy to navigate features.

Insightly , no doubt have been a great addition to our tools for perfect customer relation management. We can track customers, mails and leads and project at an in-expensive subscription providing us with great and handy features.

Pros

Insightly CRM has the most intimidating interface with easy to understand and quite productive features. It is a perfect tool for the customer relation for mid-size and small organizations. We can easily customize the tool in order to get it properly synchronized with our working and requirements.

Cons

From the initial look, it is not very much professional but rather seems to be a visually appealing tool. The integration with the other tool is also not so easy and reliable and affects the overall performance. The project collaboration tools also gives me a tough time so there needs to be some improvements required.

Thanks so much for your kind note, Mathew. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team. I'm more than happy to help review your integration concern. Integrations shouldn't slow the system down.

Insightly is a CRM with a very clean interface that is easy to navigate

Insightly is my favorite CRM. I love the app version, and I am able to connect Insightly with other apps. It offers great value for the product, and customer support is good, and responsive.

Pros

I love Insightly because it has a clean look that is easy on the eyes, and it is a very intuitive CRM, unlike many others that can overwhelm or be confusing.

Cons

Hard to think of many drawbacks with this CRM. Sometimes I wish the community pages and discussion boards were more lively.

Easy to implement and it's very affordable

Keeps thing organized, the price is right.

Pros

We've been using it for 5 years. Small Retail online/brick mortar for customer follow up. 3 users, it makes it easy to follow and get updates about tasks. the gadget that interfaces with gmail is convenient.

Cons

My staff that are in their 20's say the new UI is confusing and harder to use, so we stay with the older UI. The side bar chrome extension was suppose to make things easy but after trying it for a month my staff avoids it. Customer service is mediocre , they only wanted to help if I were going to upgrade to a higher level. I wanted to fist resolve over 700 contact dups. They said I had to do it manually! Emailing - Bcc'ing insightly each time I send an email seems so old style. When I get a rely the email does not go into the same thread, seems to me that is standard now a days. I've been using it so long I know what it's missing so we take extra notes or have links from the email in the notes so other staff can see or find the thread.

Great Potential, Lack of Foresight

In general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.

Pros

Great cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.

Cons

Whenever you push events from your Google calendar to Insightly, the Insightly calendar makes it private with no display of time, so nobody else can see it. It just disappears for everyone else. Likewise, any event you put on Insightly marked private doesn't show on the calendar as busy. It just disappears for everyone else. So, this bug makes the calendar essentially useless for showing team member...

Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations

Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Pros

It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

Cons

Looking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.