Maximizer CRM Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.67/10

Reviews by rating

Am very satisfied with this software. Its ease of access, the best and simplistic data storage method, and the very good customer support it offers make it better and satisfying.
Maximizer has been a wonderful experience. Maximizer keeps all of our activities with business organized and the ease of access is wonderful, along with great Tech help when we need it.
Great support follow up is quick and responsive, new update is clean and clear, like the new features and the screen and font used.
The worst aspect of this company is that they aren’t risk free. If you purchase a year software and decide after a few weeks it simply isn’t for your company, there are no refunds.
The inability to do multiple search functions (and, if, or, = etc). Have had a lot of error problems with our CRM since last upgrade.
Very confusing to learn, has so much it can do that we don't really need. I am just using it the way I have always used the program so much of the software is wasted.

Rod T.

President

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A Good CRM for sales and automation

Transcript

Rod: Hi, I'm Rod. I'm a financial advisor, and I would rate Maximizer CRM a five out of five. And for...

Stuart H.

President & Founder

Publishing, 51-200 employees

I have used Maximizer for 25+ years

Transcript

Stuart: Hi, I'm Stuart. I'm the CEO. I give Maximizer a rating of four out of five. Please see below...

Kevin Q.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Maximizer

I am very please with the software. I had a chance a few months back to change CRM's and I actually made that decision to change but after using the other CRM I cancel and went back to Maximizer. So much easier to use.

Pros

I like the interface of the Maximizer software make it very easy to sort and find specific clients. I use the Hot-list section on a daily basis and it again makes it very easy to find the clients you need to contact on a specific day..

Cons

Some of there add on or third party software partner do not always work properly or I should say work without a lot of effort to get them to work.

CK

Cody K.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Easy To Customize

We didn't have any 'issues' per se, but Maximizer is just a much better platform and is way easier to manage and populate.

Pros

The fact that is so easy to customize and train people on, is great.

Cons

It could be better set up to hold sales data and display it to the user. Also the fact that the Last Name is required doesn't fit with our needs and is a bit of a pain.

Hello Cody, First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and welcome back to Maximizer — we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

SS

Sam S.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Difficult to set-up, pay as you go support, pieced together from other CRM's

If you are not a savvy database programer or don't have a staff member that is, then you will likely find this CRM to be very difficult to use and customize to your practice. The cost keeps increasing and once you have been using the system, the company knows they have you on the hook and will keep the price increases rolling your way. Using this is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Pros

Online access from anywhere. Dashboard provides a good overview of your business. Wealth edition has some customization to the financial industry.

Cons

The way it is sold and supported is not CUSTOMER friendly. The resellers charge for everything and don't want to teach you how to be independent of them. They would rather do it for you without educating you. Pretty expensive. The webinar support is inadequate, they won't answer some questions and tell you that they have people you can pay to get that done. We should be able to learn it ourselves. You will have to buy a second access for your Administrative Support person, which is not the case with all competitor products and seems like a cash grab. Subscription is paid annually not monthly, so if you don't like it you are out a big chunk of money. Will not separate out billing for multiple advisors in a firm.

RR

Robert R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Maximizer Review

Great pricing, ease of learning and ease of scalability.

Pros

Feature rich and ease of use and customization.

Cons

Some cloud featurs not available in mobile app.

Hi Robert, Thank you for leaving a 5-Star review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

VW

Vanessa W.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Maximizer is easy to use

Easy to use when you want to use it. Great way to create lists using filters so you can then create targeted emails.

Pros

I love that I can see the history of emails, phone calls, etc between a team member and a customer and pick up where they may have left off at in the sales funnel. I also like that I can save the details of their purchase and quickly refer to it when they call with a service issue.

Cons

The cost for this program is large for a small company of only 3 people. Some members do not feel it is worth the money and they do not use it to its full potential. They come from companies that used Sales force and want to continue with that program so trying to teach them this program has been tedious.

SG

Sofia G.

Research, 51-200 employees

Robust for a Call sheet

Not great. We had to navigate several levels of customer service and received really high quotes to finally figure out that our old database that lived in an old license of Maximizer wasn’t compatible or transferable to the new.

Pros

Great to manage a robust database of contacts and profiles. Customizable user defined fields are particularly useful.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, and the current version is 100% incompatible with older licenses (such as desktop versions) which are islands. So transferring an old database to the new version was virtually impossible.

Hi Sofia, Thanks for submitting your review. I wanted to let you know that our app is under constant upgrades for improvement and we have some amazing things coming down the line! Thanks again!

RG

Ralph G.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Long time stand alone user

I am a one man show and have been using several versions of Maximizer since the late 90's. For me, it was best when it was just on a local drive and did not have to be connected to the cloud. I don't need most of the latest features that keep getting added.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ease and speed of recalling a contact name and all of the past jobs history when searching a first or second name. I store all notes and contact information which is great for reviewing many years later as an anecdote reminder when my path crosses with an old contact again.

Cons

Since Version 10 which suited my needs, Maximizer has gone to the cloud which is dead slow at times and crashes 2-3 times per session requiring me to log out, then log back in. Too many feature creepers have been added that I don't need, don't want, and they have just slowed the system down at times to a crawl. Having to "renew" a license every couple of years to be able to continue using it is a pain for someone like me who has built a huge data base so am committed to have to stay.

JF

JOE F.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Always breaking down; constant problems and issues

Really tremendously disappointing. Little problems tend to be solved within 3 days but problems come monthly and there are constant problems and issues. Bigger problems have never been solved. Functionality sounds great but doesn't work in reality. I am stuck though so I have to keep fighting with them for repairs.

Pros

If it worked in reality there are some great potential management features - however it constantly breaks down - something as simple as recording birthdates creates ridiculous and tremendous issues. It just doesn't work well - I don't recommend it - once you are over to it you are stuck and although I have requested constant repair to some of the bigger issues nothing has been done.

Cons

At this stage it is just an expensive contact manger and note taking system - not much else works... Right now the system functionality is again down for me and it won't sync with my calendars that do work correctly like Calendly...

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

not much guidance

not great, lots of money upfront, terrible initial integration with moving minimal data over from outlook and our HO dataphile, not customized support

Pros

my tech guy (that i had to pay) had more success than i did with them.

Cons

I am a busy professional (CPA, CA) in the business for almost 25 years and used Janna and Act in the past and found Maximizer not well suited for me to get up and running. It was not easy to train and to have the conversion do what you want, eg. mass emails, electronic birthday cards, easy team access to pdf attachments, we had to do too much customization given we bought the financial advisor version

Andy Z.

Investment Management, 501-1,000 employees

Financial Advisor

Pros

Action plans, team calendar management, UDFs, dashboards.

Cons

It feels like there is a lot of functionality available that we have not yet tapped, it would be nice if there was more sophisticated support available to us.

TM

Terry M.

Education Management, self-employed

WOW! Just get Maximizer! Don't wait!!!

This should say it all again. I said this earlier in the review. I have been legally blind since birth. I have used Maximizer for "30-years!" That should say it all.

Pros

I really like its easy of use. My favorite feature is the Customer Service module. I also like the "Related Entries" option very much. You can't ask for a better product. I'd also like to mention the fantastic technical support team. What a great bunch of people. Lastly, to show you how much I have liked the program, I'll pass on the following. I have used Maximizer for "30-years!" That should say it all.

Cons

Frankly, I don't have any "cons." That is the truth!!!

Hello Terry, Thank you for being a customer with us for 30 years! We take great pride in our customer service and we're delighted to hear about your positive experience with our support team. We're constantly evolving our product to serve our customers better and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy the "Related Entries" feature. Looking forward to continuing to serve you and you organization for many more years. The Maximizer Team

MC

Mark C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Maximized for small companies

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

TT

Tom T.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Maximizer and the cloud

As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

CK

Chrissy K.

Great Product to Keep Your Business Running Smoothly

Maximizer is a very important part of our day, we check it to see what tasks we have coming up, have completed, and what we are waiting for. It makes our day run smoothly and keeps everyone on track.

Pros

The features I like about Maximizer is that it is easy to use. There are many features that we use to keep the company running smoothly, even if someone is on holidays. You can add their tasks to yours so you know what needs to be done while they are away. The program keeps the client's files secure and easy to access when looking for a form. The customer service is wonderful and fast in helping find solutions.

Cons

There isn't much negative I can say. I don't use alot of the features, because I don't have time to just play around and see what else I could use to help with efficiency.

Hi Chrissy, Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you! Maximizer Team

GB

Greg B.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Maximizer review

Maximizer really helps me to keep track of all the important personal and relevant business information for my clients and I can easily reference this information when I am talking with my clients. It's a great place to store my notes and I always quickly look over my client information on Maximizer before any client meeting to refresh my memory on everything I know about them.

Pros

I like how I can quickly access all of the information I have gathered on my clients and that it is categorized in easy to see areas.

Cons

I find the software a little clunky to use and I often have difficulty editing things how I would like it. For example, I would like to be able to edit some of the drop-down box options to delete options I never use and add things that I would. For example, in the notes section, I would like to have a category in the drop-down box for "withdrawal" but there is no such option and I cannot edit it to add something myself.

SJ

Shelley J.

Have used for over 10+ years have been very pleased no reason to change

Pros

Cloud based … confident in their security features

Cons

Price for smaller offices

Hi Shelley, Thank you very much for sharing your Maximizer experience with us! We look forward to continue to work with your organization. The Maximizer Team

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Daily necessity of my business

I keep detailed client meeting notes, important dates and follow-ups are automatic. I don't personally utilize the email integration within Maximizer, and hope that some day soon Maximizer will release functionality with MacOS for Outlook Integration, as this would be a huge pro for my business / work-day.

Pros

Customizable to your businesses needs and functions. Organization of all client data and notes. Follow up functionality, and searchable User Defined Fields a huge asset. Access from web/cloud based from anywhere.

Cons

Outlook integration compatibility does not work with MacOS which is a huge negative for me. The Windows Outlook & Word compatibility is seamless though.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're happy to hear Maximizer is having such a positive impact on your business, and want to assure you we are working on improving the Outlook MacOS integration.

RC

Ryan C.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

HMECU - Maximizer CRM Review

It's been fantastic. I don't know how our department functioned without the use of a CRM system but very grateful we are able to utilize Maximizer as it makes tracking things so much easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use - very simple to train a new employee on how it functions in our day to day tasks. It's critical to our success that we have notes and data available quickly and Maximizer ticks all the boxes. The company is extremely pleased with the purchase thus far.

Cons

I feel like the Administration tab could be a bit more user friendly. Had some trouble starting out but the videos on the Youtube channel were helpful. Just time consuming to explain to another member of the team.

Hello Ryan, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you and your team find Maximizer easy to use and train new team members on. Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive! The Maximizer Team

RP

Ray P.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

Maximizer 12 Milks Your Cash Away

Don't buy Maximizer products unless you have an IT department internally that is at your beck and call. I am/was a 20 year user at multiple small companies only to be left paying fees every time a Windows operating system change or upgrade was made. Good from afar, but far from good! I will summarize my experience as a "Classic Bait & Switch" business model. Beware.

Pros

Good looking GUI, after you train yourself thoroughly it becomes a decent contact database, and they have a really convincing sales pitch.

Cons

After the sale, the glow fades quickly. Any support is costly in either your time, loss of functionality, or the fees and charges needed to solve issues. You need to expect to explain your issues repeatedly and pay out of pocket for any help. Software regularly has failures that cannot be corrected by the average user.

WL

Wendy L.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Maximizer is a great CRM and helps to pay for itself in time management and efficiency

VERY robust program with great capabilities. Maximizes efficiency in the office allowing the whole team to stay up to date on all clients, no matter who deals with them each interaction.

Pros

Activities tracker as well as being able to create customizable Activity plans for each client

Cons

There can be issues when importing data from other sources and the client information gets mixed up

Hi Wendy, Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you! Maximizer Team

PM

Penney M.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Investor business review

Overall experience has been excellent. I can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

I really like the client data base features. It allows easy access to all our client information. The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do.

Cons

The only struggle I've had is reading the manual when trying to trouble shoot as it doesn't always list the steps as clearly as I would like. For instance when adding a field. I do finally get there and when I've run into problems the support team have been excellent.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Flexible, but can be time consuming to set up

My overall experience has been good with Maximizer. Now that it is set up the way I want, I have little to complain about, but I would suggest that they should have a very basic initial set up, with users adding fields as needed. What I found was that there were 1000's of fields to choose your set up from, and I ended up deleting a lot of them just to reduce clutter.

Pros

The software allows you to build a very strong relationship management process for your clients. You can customize virtually everything, and there is very little you can't do with the software. It is unlikely you will have a need that it cannot meet.

Cons

The software does not come out of the box in a user friendly fashion. It also isn't intuitive to make changes, and in my experience it comes with too many pre-sets which feels overwhelming. It can take quite a long time to get things trimmed down to what you need, and then grow it from there. The dashboard features are also extremely ugly and I have not found much of a use for them.

CT

Chuck T.

Packaging and Containers, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Maximizer Review

I ended up going back to my old version of Maximizer as I found it a lot more effective and user friendly. I informed Maximizer that I was dong this and asked for someone to provide me with a copy of my information from the latest Maximizer system. This they would only do if I paid them additional money to do this. I also contacted technical support to explain my annoyance. No-one responded. So I sent...

Pros

I found it took too much time to get training on this system.

Cons

It was not an easy transition from my previous Maximizer. I found it difficult to use and even the technical support people could not always answer questions that I had.

Alex R.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Solid CRM tool

Pros

This is the one and only CRM tool you'll need whether you're running a public office or a private business. Even journalists will find this tool handy for finding the right contacts and quickly putting a story together.

Cons

Canadian company but charges US dollars.

Hi Alex, Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you! Maximizer Team

KC

Kathryn C.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Doesn't work in all settings

We use it as a CRM for clients accessing a service - so not a sales function

Pros

Can access online (if using the right browsers) - so don't have to have it installed on your device. Fairly easy to navigate as a user.

Cons

Doesn't work in Safari? Formatting of emails often goes wrong Very clunky looking I only have experience of it as a user though

Hi Kathryn, Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer! Here at Maximizer we value Customer Experience and I notice you are having issues with Safari. Please feel free to reach out to our support team: support@maximizer.com They will be able to help get you up and running or if needed, get an issue in front of our product team so we can get you using Maximizer as would work best for you! We look forward to hearing from you! Adam Wilson Head of Customer Success