Maximizer CRM Reviews

Maximizer CRM

Find the right plan to help you get growing.

Review Summary

Pros

I love this product and there features that help us improve our team , this lead us to maximize our capability to serve our clients with the satisfaction that they want.

Audrey A.

I like the ease of use and I like the help buttoms throughout the program for issues you may have with a specific area. I feel it's pretty user friendly.

Kristina D.

Penney M.

Cons

After the sale, the glow fades quickly. Any support is costly in either your time, loss of functionality, or the fees and charges needed to solve issues.

Ray P.

It's such a complicated product that I had to pay a ridiculous amount of money to a special company that only works on Maximizer. The customer support is lousy.

Laurie D.

Lots of things just randomly disappear which can cause some stress and anxiety. Integrating Maximizer and Outlook together was also an absolute nightmare, so many things went wrong in the process.

Samantha R.

Making Maximizer Your Firm's Cornerstone

We are able to complete our tasks much more efficiently and able to coordinate with other members of our team. Over the years we have tried other CRM options but Maximizer has been the one we have been looking for. Extremely glad we made the switch.

Pros

Maximizer is very intuitive to use and the layout feels as if it has been designed with the end user in mind. The easy to navigate fields and customization allows it to be adaptable to many different practices. Our efficiency has improved significantly as a result of Maximizer.

Cons

Personally, I am still confused on how to best set up households and individuals within that household and it feels like I have some duplication but I have not been able to figure out how to clean it up.

Robust for a Call sheet

Not great. We had to navigate several levels of customer service and received really high quotes to finally figure out that our old database that lived in an old license of Maximizer wasn’t compatible or transferable to the new.

Pros

Great to manage a robust database of contacts and profiles. Customizable user defined fields are particularly useful.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, and the current version is 100% incompatible with older licenses (such as desktop versions) which are islands. So transferring an old database to the new version was virtually impossible.

Hi Sofia, Thanks for submitting your review. I wanted to let you know that our app is under constant upgrades for improvement and we have some amazing things coming down the line! Thanks again!

Max CRM Review

Its ok. What really put me off is every time you need some assistance they turn it into a huge billable hour exercise. Talk about ripping off your customers.

Pros

The product out of the box works for what we need, I have the advisor template on mine and it still has the design on selling, and the sales process. This inst the focus of the average advisor. This does the basic features required. however it certainly isn't what it could be.

Cons

It doesn't have the ability to track products well. It took leads tab and renamed it opportunities and felt that was a improvement. it wasn't. We end up using a global note to record and track all items a client has with us.

Hi Brad, Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer. It's always great to hear feedback from our customers and gauge where we can improve. If there is something we aren't doing well to fit into your workflow I would love to discuss. I feel that you have had somewhat of an off-putting experience due to particular charges, perhaps changes in your software? I would love to discuss and help design a workflow that benefits you. Please reach out to: support@maximizer.com and let them know you would like to discuss the set-up of your Maximizer CRM and we will get a Customer Success Manager on a call to discuss and plan a path forward. We look forward to hearing from you! Best regards, Adam Wilson Head of Customer Success

My use of Maximizer

Since 2002 Maximizer has aided me in keeping in touch with my clients. The action plans I have set early in 2004 still work to this day, and are easily assigned to my new and existing clients.

Pros

I have used Maximizer since the early 2000's. It is my MAIN source of CRM. I have many pre-edited documents that automatically get sent and merged with my contacts. I love this software and the amount of time and energies it's saved me over the years.

Cons

Originally, I didn't like the cost of the product, but as it became more mainstream the price dropped. The features increased and their negatives turned into positives. SO I don't have any cons to discuss at this time.

Hi Todd, Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to helping you build on your already solid client relationships. Thanks again!

A good piece of CRM Software

Overall experience is quite positive from an administrator end, from a user perspective I have & have helped people who have had problems navigating and using Maximzier to its fullest potential when they are brand new to the platform.

Pros

Maximizer in comparison to some of it's competitors runs a very light & simplistic method of storing data. This is mainly in respect to have to act as the admin for the data, but Maximizer exports and imports quite nicely from most data subsets which makes maintaining data on a day to day that much easier.

Cons

The site is very dated (especially before the reskin of 2017), and this causes user intuitiveness of finding things were one expects them to be quite difficult. At this point it is a difficult process to properly bring the website into the 21st century, since a massive overhaul would leave many existing users lost.

Doesn't work in all settings

We use it as a CRM for clients accessing a service - so not a sales function

Pros

Can access online (if using the right browsers) - so don't have to have it installed on your device. Fairly easy to navigate as a user.

Cons

Doesn't work in Safari? Formatting of emails often goes wrong Very clunky looking I only have experience of it as a user though

Hi Kathryn, Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer! Here at Maximizer we value Customer Experience and I notice you are having issues with Safari. Please feel free to reach out to our support team: support@maximizer.com They will be able to help get you up and running or if needed, get an issue in front of our product team so we can get you using Maximizer as would work best for you! We look forward to hearing from you! Adam Wilson Head of Customer Success

Maximizer CRM

I believe our company has risen greatly because of Maximizer CRM, most of the clients information we use is from this software, and our marketing was taken to a better level because of this software.

Pros

Suitable for any business size, meaning small companies can get to grow and still be using it when they are big. Your entire business performance and history can be found on one platform. Its compatible with smartphones, meaning one is not limited to work on the computer CRM allows for sharing of data, hence promoting workplace efficiency

Cons

It needs to be upgraded a little to have the updated look of a current software. The data from way back is hard to track

Hi Hilary, Thank you for the kind review. We pride ourselves on Customer Experience here at Maximizer and love to hear these amazing comments! Enjoy using Maximizer! Adam Wilson Head of Customer Success

Mostly happy

Pros

Its pretty easy to get the basic to work and it's response times are greatly improved. Service is much much better than a few years ago.

Cons

templates for notes and sending e-mail confirmations is limited to what you can include. Can't use snipit type programs to copy info to Max files. Organizing notes and files is very awkward so we have resorted to keeping then in client files in BOx.com

Financial Advisor

Pros

Action plans, team calendar management, UDFs, dashboards.

Cons

It feels like there is a lot of functionality available that we have not yet tapped, it would be nice if there was more sophisticated support available to us.

Good for contact management

I've used Maximizer for many years but only surface level.

Pros

Flexibility and customization to different niche markets

Cons

I would love to see MAC integration. I cannot sync with other applications.

Robust, but lacking integration

It really is a solid CRM, and did well keeping the entire company apprised of the situation. It handles B2B and B2C with ease, and made it very easy to keep tabs on our clients. If it integrated with other critical apps, automated marketing tasks, and had a stronger customer service tool, we'd still be using it today.

Pros

I really liked the User definable setup, and the hierarchy between contacts and companies. I also liked how every user defined value got it's own view in SQL, so it was very easy to extract data into other systems using the database. It's very familiar to office users, and performed really well, even with 90,000 contacts/companies in it. It's a solid CRM, as long as that's all you need.

Cons

It didn't integrate well with other applications. We use Google Apps, and Quickbooks, which are pretty common. But it wouldn't integrate with either, and was going to cost in order to write each integration. The customer service case manager was minimalist, so it was simple to use, but didn't allow for a conversation to happen (eg I couldn't tell how much back and forth happened during a customer service...

Wouldn't Have A Growing Business Without It

I believe the business is better protected. We are more effecient. We have a small team and any one of us can take a phone call from a client and within seconds understand any history to do with a client issue. It might be something very simple or complex but because I can call up notes from others on the team and access all emails between us and the client and our back office it saves a tremendous amount of time. I think it also gives the client confidence that we know what we are doing because they don't have to explain an issue all over again

Pros

It is incredibly flexible. Basic programming that comes out of the box is more than what you need because it anticipates that not all advisors operate the same way. We have used it to save ourselves hours of work and redesigned how it works with us rather than us redesigning how we work. Saving of all emails under client file along with relevant notes. Easy tracking of client service work as well as understanding staff workload issues.

Cons

Like any CRM it takes time to learn and create new work habits yes you should throw away the paper notes. Regulators expectations are moving the bar upwards. Love to see a system map starting with a contact. How do each of the tabs relate to different functions. Because of its rich customizable capabilities it can be overwhelming even for your help desk.

Maximized for small companies

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

Difficult to set-up, pay as you go support, pieced together from other CRM's

If you are not a savvy database programer or don't have a staff member that is, then you will likely find this CRM to be very difficult to use and customize to your practice. The cost keeps increasing and once you have been using the system, the company knows they have you on the hook and will keep the price increases rolling your way. Using this is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Pros

Online access from anywhere. Dashboard provides a good overview of your business. Wealth edition has some customization to the financial industry.

Cons

The way it is sold and supported is not CUSTOMER friendly. The resellers charge for everything and don't want to teach you how to be independent of them. They would rather do it for you without educating you. Pretty expensive. The webinar support is inadequate, they won't answer some questions and tell you that they have people you can pay to get that done. We should be able to learn it ourselves. You will have to buy a second access for your Administrative Support person, which is not the case with all competitor products and seems like a cash grab. Subscription is paid annually not monthly, so if you don't like it you are out a big chunk of money. Will not separate out billing for multiple advisors in a firm.

Good Overall Solution

Maximizer helps me simplify organizing my calendar and appointments, makes following up on tasks almost automatic, keeps all my contact info, notes, address updates and all I need to know in one easy to get to place - regardless of where I am. I find working remotely much easier using Maximizer. My staff loves it because they have instant access to all my client notes to help them in their jobs.

Pros

Maximizer has everything I require to easily organize my client relationships without being cluttered up with features I don't need. It is simple, intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and the training modules are great.

Cons

The contact list search engine is awkward - it only flashes the list starting with the first 3 letters, then it disappears and you have to type in the whole name . . . The embedded template feature is gone and is now attached to MSWord - which is an awkward connection. Because I have secure/encrypted email with my company, with severe firewalls - Maximizer cannot link to my corporate outlook email - this is not a significant problem and I would rather have the added protection than the convenience. I can still easily save all email communication through Outlook to Maximizer.

Maximizer and the cloud

As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

Long time stand alone user

I am a one man show and have been using several versions of Maximizer since the late 90's. For me, it was best when it was just on a local drive and did not have to be connected to the cloud. I don't need most of the latest features that keep getting added.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ease and speed of recalling a contact name and all of the past jobs history when searching a first or second name. I store all notes and contact information which is great for reviewing many years later as an anecdote reminder when my path crosses with an old contact again.

Cons

Since Version 10 which suited my needs, Maximizer has gone to the cloud which is dead slow at times and crashes 2-3 times per session requiring me to log out, then log back in. Too many feature creepers have been added that I don't need, don't want, and they have just slowed the system down at times to a crawl. Having to "renew" a license every couple of years to be able to continue using it is a pain for someone like me who has built a huge data base so am committed to have to stay.

Maximizer Review

We are able to identify opportunities and keep it at the forefront with this software. All the information we need is at our fingertips on the go.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use. We have been using this software since the 1990s. We left for a short period to try something new and quickly realized that Maximizer was better than any other product out there, so we switched back. We don't use all the feature however we learn new ones all the time and try to adopt them one by one. We are able to store all information for each every client, make notes, create documents, send email and assign tasks so our service does not fall through any cracks. It real is a great CRM tool

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I am at a computer that is not used by me. I can't find what web address I need to login. I have to remember to email the website to myself before I leave the office

UPGRADING TO LIVE

We have been a long time Maximizer user and overall are very happy with the product and service. The live version was a good upgrade for us overall. The software provides what we need and is user friendly for non techies.

Pros

It mostly allows us to make necessary connections between patients and recipients and to find information we need quickly.

Cons

We use the notes for important medical details and it is a challenge to have to dig through the notes with the live version. The recently added 'search' bar in notes is much appreciated and we're hopeful there will be further improvements to scrolling through notes more efficiently. The possibility of not being able to connect due to a server glitch is very scary to us since we depend on the information relative to providing medication dosage on a daily basis for a medical business. If it goes down we are virtually out of business and unable to provide urgent medical information.

Maximizer review

Maximizer really helps me to keep track of all the important personal and relevant business information for my clients and I can easily reference this information when I am talking with my clients. It's a great place to store my notes and I always quickly look over my client information on Maximizer before any client meeting to refresh my memory on everything I know about them.

Pros

I like how I can quickly access all of the information I have gathered on my clients and that it is categorized in easy to see areas.

Cons

I find the software a little clunky to use and I often have difficulty editing things how I would like it. For example, I would like to be able to edit some of the drop-down box options to delete options I never use and add things that I would. For example, in the notes section, I would like to have a category in the drop-down box for "withdrawal" but there is no such option and I cannot edit it to add something myself.

Long time customer -Book Wholesaler-Store and Publisher (Indigenous)

One stop shop for sharing information in the office including an appointment calendar, notes and a company library.

Pros

I have been working with Maximizer for over 8 years. Since then, Maximizer has evolved and I can now update records and email from anywhere and anytime from my laptop, tablet or cell phone. Lists can be imported and exported in Excel. Maximizer offers webinar training, customer support and a user guide. Maximizer provides templates for building email campaigns.

Cons

A wish list-A more user friendly campaign builder for large communication marketing via emails which creates records of clientele who visit promotional material sent to them, unsubscribe, email bounce. Maximizer has synchronized our records with Mailchimp but there is an additional cost for Mailchimp for maintaining the list of subscribers.

Daily necessity of my business

I keep detailed client meeting notes, important dates and follow-ups are automatic. I don't personally utilize the email integration within Maximizer, and hope that some day soon Maximizer will release functionality with MacOS for Outlook Integration, as this would be a huge pro for my business / work-day.

Pros

Customizable to your businesses needs and functions. Organization of all client data and notes. Follow up functionality, and searchable User Defined Fields a huge asset. Access from web/cloud based from anywhere.

Cons

Outlook integration compatibility does not work with MacOS which is a huge negative for me. The Windows Outlook & Word compatibility is seamless though.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're happy to hear Maximizer is having such a positive impact on your business, and want to assure you we are working on improving the Outlook MacOS integration.

Upgrades

Pros

After many years, we upgraded our on-premise version and the way the tech installed it, it grew out of proportion and blew up our server. After a lot of conversations with their support team, we eventually got things up and running again on a new server and this time it didn't grow so big. Then we decided to move to the cloud version. While our database wasn't that big, for some reason our files still were. But their conversion team worked wonders and brought it down to a manageable size again so we weren't paying a fortune for data size. The training was better this time as well as the support team.

Cons

Can't sort UDFs or search for things that were easier to do with our on-premise version.

Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM really helps sort and store all our contacts in a central location, making life very easy for all users. Finding someone's details is a few clicks away.

Pros

- Super easy to use - Web Access version is really light-weight and as comprehensive as the application - Helps will efficiency across the business

Cons

- The search feature isn't as smart as you'd like it to be

Hello Clint, thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts. We're happy to hear your business is benefiting from using Maximizer. I can assure you we are always working on ways to improve the functionality of the software. I have passed your feedback regarding the search feature to our product development team to look into. Best regards, Michael

Investor business review

Overall experience has been excellent. I can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

I really like the client data base features. It allows easy access to all our client information. The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do.

Cons

The only struggle I've had is reading the manual when trying to trouble shoot as it doesn't always list the steps as clearly as I would like. For instance when adding a field. I do finally get there and when I've run into problems the support team have been excellent.