Salesforce Essentials Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend7.61/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It was a fantastic experience and an essential for a company looking to better engage and retain customers on digital platforms.

JP

Jillian P.

The code quality was awesome and the staff was super helpful. I think I'm getting the value for my money using this product.

TP

Tanay P.

Superb integration with social media helping to leverage existing business relationships. Mobile functionality is also a positive.

Too many unused fields that muddy up the screen and info can get lost in all the blank fields.

JW

JAMES W.

The prices are outrageous. As a small business owner; it is a horribly large pill to swallow to pay that steep of pricing- especially as you are beginning your journey of entrepreneurship.

Naomi B.

DO NOT try to use the tool as a task manger or PM supplement as it does not work well for these functions.

Salesforce Essentials users...

Zoho CRM-logocaret

Zoho CRM

BNTouch Mortgage CRM-logocaret

BNTouch Mortgage CRM

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops-logocaret

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

Compare both
How would you rate Salesforce Essentials?

Packed with features

Transcript

Matthew: Hi, I'm Matthew. I'm a digital engagement officer and I give Salesforce Essentials a four out...

Starter Plan is Worth Every Penny and More

Instead of separate email inboxes for our three customer service agents, all incoming mail goes here and can be worked on by all. Perfect for when an employee is out and someone is covering for them.

Pros

Even with all of the restrictions of the Starter Plan I was still able to configure everything to work great for our needs.

Praticidade

Pros

Usei por aproximadamente 2 anos, uma vez que as informações são muito fáceis, existem muitas opções de como rastrear a configuração, seria bom se houvesse uma opção de configuração automática para certos tipos de uso / tipos de negócios.

Cons

Muitos campos não utilizados que confundem a tela e as informações podem se perder em todos os campos em branco.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

An Essential Software for All Your CRM Needs

Pros

I really like how Salesforce is the best in its industry and offers great CRM software. It is perfect for reaching out to potential clients based on their past interest in the company as well as what they might need in order to stay engaged and retained.

Cons

I did not like the price tag associated with this product. Although it is highly effective, I feel that there are other products out there to track customer engagement and sales solutions.

RelateIQ; the app is simple to use, the team is wonderful to work with.

I work as an executive for a 3-person start-up. We are in the seed stage of a start-up's life-cycle, and are sourcing investment opportunities left and right. The team desperately needed to organize our contacts and improve our internal communication. RelateIQ organized all our historical communications, contacts, and accounts, and simplified the process of viewing, editing and evaluating our pipeline as a team.

Pros

Customer service: Our Accnt Mgr, Jane Alexander was an incredible resource with her wealth of knowledge, accessibility, and amenable personality. Product: A highly customizable and collaborative tool, simple and intuitive. the iPad of CRM.

Cons

Would love to be able to integrate a calendar function into the platform to schedule precise timelines for follow-up and set future meetings. An internal chat function would also be great to streamline communication.

Terrible workflow, worse than buggy

Very disappointed.

Pros

Cloud based and easy to share. Price was affordable.

Cons

Workflow is TERRIBLE. I switched from ACT which didn't synch well with Outlook. Salesforce's workflow is POOR requiring going back and forth to different screens. It's glitchy - if you edit a calendar item, it creates a NEW one. It seems that this product wasn't well tested with actual users before released. NO control on what transfers from Outlook so records are cluttered. NO control on records - for example, I can't delete any history item!

Everything you need to get started

Pros

Pretty much all the software you need to get started with your business.

Cons

After you exceed the user limit, all the features will cost a lot.

SalesForce Essentials - The answer for startup CRM

We're a young technology and management consulting company and have used Salesforce and been a systems integrator at other firms. This was the perfect solution (and cost effective) for us to immediately begin tracking and tackling our pipeline and contacts to stay on track with everyting.

Pros

-Out of the box it's ready to go -Intuitive interface -Ability to customize and add modules as needed -Collaboration for transparency on deal flow and pipeline as well as activities

Cons

There's nothing in particular I dislike about Salesforce Essentials

Perfect companion to Salesforce

Pros

SalesforceIQ assists in reporting insight into the data that you already enter in to Salesforce. The reporting features are great and it's easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the integration into Salesforce can be a bit glitchy in the sense that it takes a while to load and the data needs to be refreshed manually.

Not for me

Not very good. I gave up.

Pros

The promise of its reputation. I didn’t expect so much difficulty with using it.

Cons

I’m not new to CRMs but I had so much trouble trying to customize it for my needs. Customer service wasn’t very helpful. I was disappointed.

Packed with features

I'm still learning how to use Salesforce, but it does have a wealth of features and is clearly an industry leader. It is a complex beast, however, so utilising the training modules is essential.

Pros

The Trailhead Playground and the extensive training modules allow you to become an expert in Salesforce, although you do need to dedicate lots of time to it.

Cons

It's almost too complicated at times. It can be difficult to resolve problems without having to search for help topics.

Feature and navigation

Running report as admin, importing information

Pros

The Themes and features re user friendly and easy navigation

Cons

looking good and easy to access, quality features and easy to search

Salesforce Essentials

Excellent experience I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

Excellent product for research industry. We used for inventory for device. Super easy to have everything done in few minutes. I would highly recommend this product.

Cons

There are some time it showed some technical problems.

We had ours customized at my former employer as per needs and found it to be very easy to use!

It kept me on track when the company I worked for integrated it in the sales process. Helped me to stay focused and organized with call backs and meetings I had set up previously.

Pros

Made it easier to follow up on leads, track customer interaction and set meetings with clients. Provided a great overview of each customer/client.

Cons

As with all software that requires documentation, it's the actual entering recaps of conversations with customers and meetings that is always the 'chore'. Most salespeople find this to be the challenge.

Powerful tools for delighting your customers

We've used Desk.com for over 4 years now, and the most powerful features revolve around the relationship with your customer. Being able to build and develop a rich relationship with the people you interact with is critical for exceptional support, and Desk makes it as easy as possible. Customer information, Company information (if you do B2B), and especially Customer History. I can easily see previous...

Cons

Bad intelligence and hard to override

Pros

I do not give only 1 star because there were occasional situations where SalesforceIQ informed us accurately that a client had changed companies. It did not offer us zero valid sales intelligence.

Cons

This software drove me crazy. Regularly confused our clients with other individuals with the same name and filled in data about those unrelated people. Regularly overwrote our own, hard-researched data about our clients with their LinkedIn dreams of being a DJ or Freelance Graphic Designer. I could never find an option to turn it off or siphon their "intelligence" to separate column. Maybe if we'd had a bespoke Salesforce implementation this would have been possible but I HIGHLY ADVISE you avoid if you're using out-of-the-box Salesforce.

Desk was challenging to use on a number of fronts

It was a good CRM a few years ago, but never received the attention it needed from the Desk product team.

Pros

It was intuitive to use when working on tickets and responding to customers. The reporting interface was easy when to create and run reports.

Cons

The reporting was barely functional and often times would time out when loading. There were countless days that I needed to run a report and was unable to.

Good CRM platform

If you are well trained on how to use it and know all the features inside out than it's great.

Pros

That it is saving a lot of your work automatically and that you can easily go back to previously opened case and modify them or look into it

Cons

There are too many features, which at times are repetitive and sometimes not easy to find/ not distinct enough to know what to click on

Enjoying Desk.Com!

Great experience and overall enjoy Salesforce and their solutions

Pros

- Provides a nice clean interface that does not have too rabbit holes to fall into - Quick to update and have never noticed any latency issues - Easy to navigate and link to other tickets/items that should be addressed by the respective teams

Cons

- Have heard that this software will be retired soon

Salesforce, a necessary tool for your sales team

Pros

Easy to use, and track activities, manage pipelines.

Cons

Doesn't provide customer support, the salesforce community doesn't always have the answer for you.

dropping after a year

We migrated from Zendesk based on positive feedback we saw. It was OK. The ease-of-use is there, but the support is horrific and the speed/repsonsiveness of the site is extremely bad. We have other solutions that are web-based that operate without issues, so we determined it wasn't a networking issue. The cost is definitely out of range for the functionality you get. We needed to contract out...

best CRM, hands down

For a salesperson, there's a holy grail of seamless interaction between email, contacts, and your pipeline. Tons of people have worked on this problem, but they all have shortcomings. RelateIQ has solved this by implementing best in class back end tech with a clean and intuitive UI.

Pros

-Automatic email integration -Automatic "follow up" management -Reporting -Contact organization and curation -Integration w outside tools via API

Cons

-Young company, so some features are still on the horizon, but you know they are coming given what they've been able to accomplish to date.

Great experience

Has been great to have all aspect of your costumers' records in one single tool.

Pros

Having a virtual office and always out and about, the tool allows me to access and add records on the go.

Cons

the lower version allows limited customization but it is easy to adapt.

Straightforward to use

Pros

It is easy to use and set up workflows. The dashboards are very intuitive and show you who is working on what.

Cons

The reporting in this is just awful. Does not provide anything similar to what Saleforce provides unfortunately, and even the custom reports are bad.

Disappointing in so many ways

Not helpful at all. Technology from some other decade/century?

Pros

Nothing; it's so irritating. And I'm an IT person, programmer and DBA? Can't imagine what it's like for a non-tech user?

Cons

Can't add multiple records at a time; groups difficult to work with; emailing a challenge

Great Product

Overall, this is a great product. I am able to communicate about inventory with much ease and I have very few issues. The few times I have had issues with the pen reader communicating with the Salesforce app, I was able to get immediate assistance to resolve my issue.

Pros

I am able to communicate directly with the Shipper for inventory and returns.

Cons

I have had several issues with the pen reader not scanning the product. I have had to get a pen replacement, and have several trouble shooting conversations with the shipper regarding not being able to scan in devices.