Xola Reviews

Xola

Xola is a booking, marketing and distribution platform for businesses offering activities and experiences.

4.72/5 (469 reviews)

Jose Sierra

Smooth operator, but there's definitely room for improvement and new features

Reviewed 2019-01-11

Overall the experience has been transformative. However, we're coming from basically no booking software at all - before XOLA we had just implemented an extremely rudimentary home-grown solution in an effort to organize our burgeoning business and a significant shift in our business model that was producing a much higher level of traffic (and revenue.) As a result, we've been able to capitalize on these new channels and really bring our business to another level. There's hiccups, as with anything, but we've seen the software maturing and changing to accommodate and scale up, and we're very happy with the results. I recommend this software for any small to medium-sized business that is looking for a solid, smooth booking experience. As the software improves, I believe there's a very good chance that it will become a best-of-breed app and is absolutely worthy of consideration.Without a doubt this is a smooth app that knows what silk feels like. The UI has gone through some great improvements that have improved the silkiness to a degree even silkworms would be jealous of, but it's clear that they're taking the time to listen to their users in the development process and that's important. Performance is more than just good, it's Tony-the-tiger great. Smooth and well executed interface. It's missing features - some of them might be important to you, it's hard to say - but the devs do a great job of listening to feature requests and we've seen real, significant improvements all around. That's the sign of a maturing application. Is it best-of-breed? Hard to say, and I'm sure there's arguments for and against, but I'll give them this: their support is out-freaking-standing. That alone is worth a few awkwardly implemented features or some gaps in how things are executed. If there's a problem, you connect to a staff that takes their support work seriously. I'm surprised they don't hop in a plane and come to your computer and help you out - they legitimately take every step just shy of that in an effort to find a solution. It's impressive and it outshines any downsides you might find in the app itself. Is there always a solution? No, that's unrealistic. But they often find a workaround and if they can't they'll make sure the devs know there's a gap that's been discovered and that needs to be looked at. Great, great support team.

Kellie Crowe

My experience with Xola has been outstanding. I've used two other systems - PeekPro and Bookeo.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

I love the platform's ease of use, for both the customer and the user. When using previous platforms, we had customers calling continually because they were unable to complete transactions because they were confused with the setup. And, for the back-end user, it is a breeze! In fact, we never even had to train our employees to use Xola. The backend is extremely intuitive. And, I can't say enough about Xola's customer support. It's the best of any platform I've used. If I have a problem, Xola's chat is ALWAYS available. I also appreciate the backend functionality of being able to refund customers with store credit. The system automatically emails the customer a promo code for future use and stores the information within our system. Rebooking previous customers is also a breeze! And, what's BEST for me, is Xola's pricing model. We live in an area with a very high sales tax and I did not want to have to charge our customers an additional 6%. With Xola, we get an incredible platform (that more than pays for itself with the "abandoned shopping cart" feature) for a flat monthly rate. Xola is also continually tweaking the platform, making it better. The most recent backend mobile update is incredible -- giving me near full functionality from the ease of my iPad.

Maren Rosenberg

Generally good - but not the very best

Reviewed 2018-03-31

-- Online Ticket Booking Platform -- Online Scheduling System-- 24 hour customer support available by chat -- Clients stay on my website while booking tickets for my escape rooms using Xola -- Automated reminder e-mails -- Ability to customize questionnaire and booking requirements -- A salesperson quoted me a price and stuck to it -- Report Features -- Great Credit Card processing rate (through Stripe) -- Ability to integrate with Google Cal so staff can see when they are scheduled to work -- Instigation with Smartwaiver (limited, would like more)

Kevin Poe

Xola is the best reservation service. Some bigger, others less expensive. So what? I want the best!

Reviewed 2018-02-09

My entire 6-figure income business (not bad for only 3 years in the ultimate boutique of astronomy tourism) is powered by Xola. I would not be nearly as successful as am, if not for Xola. My customers find it as easy and enjoyable to use as I do. I'm constantly referring others to Xola -- everybody except my closest competitors of course. I don't want everybody to wield the might power of Xola as I do. :-)The software is easy to use and yet still has a lot of capability. Indeed Xola has allowed me to add capability and service (gift certificates, rain-check coupons, equipment rental, etc) to my business that I would not have thought of implementing if not for Xola showing me how easy and profitable it would be. The absolute best part about Xola is their customer support. I don't need much help, but occasionally a client's credit card company gets obnoxious when the guest asks me to add another person to their bill, but a quick online-chat with Xola folks (even if 3am as it usually is for me because my business is astronomy tourism) and problem resolved. Some reservation companies brag about how they assign specific agents to each client but that's not as great as it sounds. At Xola everybody knows my name and my business model which means I literally get 24-hr support. About twice a month one of Xola's so-called competitors try to woo me away. I sat through about 6 or so of these pitches just to confirm that Xola was the best, and now I turn the table on these poor interlopers. When they say "You should switch your business to us!" I argue, "You should switch your career to Xola!" And I follow through by providing a link to Xola's employment page and their excellent reviews at Glassdoor.

Susie Dornellas

Responsive to needs and continually improving the software from my feedback.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

All booking info in one place and so easy to keep on track of what is coming up for both myself and my employees. Also, easy reporting to see trends, end of month reports, etc. I can access the info from anywhere - even when away on vacation. Also, I believe more customers will book, when it is right there with a "book now" button - they don't need to call, or email and so they do more impulse scheduling. I even use the feature to be able to contact those that don't complete a booking and it almost always results in a booking, once I've had the chance to contact them and answer the questions that may have stopped them from booking on their first impulse. Without Xola, I would never have even known they were considering booking....that results in more bookings and more satisfied customers. My customers all rave about the ease of booking - Happy Customers means repeat customers.Ease of Use and Customer Support -- I looked at many companies and did demos prior to making my decision to go with Xola. Xola is, by far, the easiest to use of all the companies that I demoed. Inputting product, making changes, updating info is all easy and very intuitive to use. When I can't easily figure something out, Xola's 'chat' feature is AWESOME! There is always someone there to quickly guide me through with very little or no wait time. They walk me through the process via chat and once even offered to call me, instead, so they could more easily guide me through how to do something. If I have a need that Xola can't fulfill, they immediately send that to their development team and in most cases, I get an email or call saying the feature (or a similar one) is now available. I've had offers from other companies that may be less expensive - but am so impressed by Xola's customer responsiveness, that it would take a LOT before I would make a change. VERY happy overall with my choice to go with Xola!

Justin Harnish

Easy to learn/train/use, responsive to tech support needs, and good variety of features.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Xola has greatly enhanced our ability to make the sales process easy to use for the customer, as well as robust and easy to use for our sales and accounting team.The ability to sell gift cards at discounts (and then to properly manage the accounting on the backend) is one of the great new features that we really like. This is quite a simple checkout process, but the underlying logic is quite complex. Xola did a great job on this rollout, which speaks more in general to their quality control with new releases. We find that as Xola rolls out new features, they are really well supported, with very limited "bugs" right out of the gate. This has been reassuring, as they have demonstrated the discipline to thoroughly vet updates prior to release, so that there are limited problems caused for their clients with the updates. This allows us to enjoy the new features without the headaches of "unintended consequences" that can sometimes come with feature releases. Also, more in general, Xola has done a good job in making their product use intuitive, This aids the ease of the booking process, makes sales quick, training quick, and even helps in troublshooting. Lastly, the existence of an API is nice, as we have been able to build a few integrations with other software that we also use.

Anonymous

C'MON features!

Reviewed 2017-12-18

I started with Xola back when the booking software genre was almost nonexistent. Back then there was Bookeo and that was about it. Now I get a sales call every week from competitors. Peek Pro seems to be the only software that is more feature rich but they are pushy and spam your customers if they get ahold of your data base so beware about them. Xola has an easy and beautiful interface. Non-pushy sales people. Help when you need it. Great ability to manage customers IF you never have to reschedule. The cost is lower than other companies if your doing volume greater than 5K a month. A good choice but you need a dedicated reservationist if you are offering an experience were rescheduling is common.

John Flannery

I recently moved 4 tour companies onto Xola from other options and I am happy to never look back!

Reviewed 2017-08-16

Slicker guest interface as well as a more intuitive and cleaner user interface for staff. My favorite thing about Xola has been the extremely knowledgeable and speedy support staff always being at the ready via email, phone or 24hrs a dang day via chat. I can not tell you how key it is to understand that hours of need to not happen between 9-5 somestandardtime but can happen at anytime. To me, having someone there to bounce questions and issues or even just log a feature request is key compared to the many other software companies that offer lame "help/knowledge bases" or "video tutorials" you can search forever and still not find what you need. I also appreciate that they are not resting on their laurels when it comes to updates and feature additions. Since I have been using Xola since Jan 2017 they have released many updates that actually have workflow function compared to "Wow.. we made it so you can add emoji's to your email signature" type of stuff I have suffered through as "function upgrades" on other platforms. Lastly I really like that the software has the ability to be cross platform and mobile and you can still have full functionality. It is helpful that they are working towards upgrading the app as they go so more actions can be tackled through there as well.

Matt Gromek

Very easy and convenient to use

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I am an employee of the owner who uses Xola for Buffalo Pedal Tours. I really like that as I'm headed to a tour I can just open the app and within 5 seconds I'm looking at the name of the person who booked and it only shows tours that are booked for me. I really like that I don't have to "check the schedule" to see when I work, like restaurant staff, since sometimes tours are booked only a day in advanced. The notification system through email ensures I'm not missing any tours I've been booked. So overall its a great piece of software. Keep up the good work and keep improving! -I love that with my tours I can just go onto the app and check without having to keep track myself of what days I work. -The app is intuitive, clean, and easy to use. -I like that I can see my bookings on the desktop site and sync the calendar with my gmail calendar. -I like that when I get booked a tour it sends an email to me.

Alexander Whitaker

Best live support I've ever seen. Great product. Easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Great 24/7 customer support for me. Easy interface for my guests. Makes setting up new products and automating my web bookings very simple. The Xola sales system works fantastically well. Yes, it does take a little bit of time to familiarize yourself with all of the bells and whistles, but thankfully they have 24/7 live support that is actually there and are fantastic. Not only can they explain to my dumb ass what actions I need to accomplish in order to toggle product listings and calendar settings, they will do it for me when I am confused or lazy. I love XOLA.

Mike Lewis

Almost perfect! - But missing a crucial functionality.

Reviewed 2018-10-19

It's been great - Xola is the clear choice for escape room scheduling and online booking payments.Xola's has pretty much thought of everything and makes it very easy to manage checkouts and payments for a modern escape room. Their support is always there and willing to go the extra mile. I've been in online business since before Google was a search engine - and Xola is flat out impressive!

Seth Kamil

Good & easy to use

Reviewed 2017-08-08

Advance purchase and daily ACH deposits are great. Having client emails will be helpful too.The software is easy to use and mostly intuitive. Over the past few years a number of features have been added to make it more user friendly. Customer service is very responsive. Site has very few "down" times and only the occasional issue with international customers having interface issues. Overall, we are pleased.

Anonymous

Xola has streamlined our booking process and made it easier for customers to sign-up online.

Reviewed 2018-05-03

The overall ease of the booking process for our customers and even on the backend has been a huge improvement in saving time and being able to track all of our customers bookings.Xola has really streamlined the booking process. It has made it easier for us, in the office, to manage bookings coming in and see when trips and courses are happening. If we are booking private trips or courses that are not listed on our website, we have built our backend system to allow for us to do this quickly. Xola keeps our customers credit card numbers on file in a safe and secure manor making it easy for us to take deposits and final payments prior to a trip or course. Our customers seem to find the booking process easy and user friendly. We have also integrated the use of Smartwaiver with Xola which has made tracking waivers much easier and taken the need of our guides to do it away. Our guides are still learning Xola but Xola has made it so the guides can quickly access the client information without having to send it in a seperate email.

Pete Griffin

Have been with Xola for 3 years - Happy to recommend!

Reviewed 2018-01-28

We're a TO in Europe and have more or less had a good experience with Xola with no plans to jump ship. They began working with outward bound service providers in the US and when we arrived with dozens of complicated walking tours, we tested them. Xola have listened to us and made some improvements, but several are still pending and have been for 3 years. Their CEO has been notified about these service limitations (how to price private tours, how to store age banded price ranges for future time periods with 100% flexibility, and others...) and we hope he'll get on it. In general though, Xola is a big thumbs up against the weaker providers like Rezdy and Trekksoft which are both inferior to Xola. Chat support is first class (Milos, in particular).

Erik Stein

This software makes everything about my business easier

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Using this software saves me time money and headachesfrom being able to integrate waivers, to reconciling my bookkeeping, to making notes, to creating waitlists for sold out trips, to making manifests, to having incredible customer service 24/7 live, to being able to keep making more and more functionality, it is hard to choose what I like best

Tanner Mcleod

Xola for the win

Reviewed 2016-11-10

Xola was our first choice software for our new business and we are glad we went with them. Starting a new business is always tough but working with Xola gave us a quick launch with great insight and tips from their staff. Xola is constantly improving, offering education and studies on the tourism industry and is a quick phone call away. We are always looking for the most efficient way of doing business and clearly Xola is as well. Our calls are on time and our questions are answered. The UI is straightforward and robust. Something we were unable to find in other software. The costs are clear and easy to manage. Our contact at Xola regularly checks in with us and we have created a relationship that ensures our needs are met. We are looking forward to growing our business with Xola.User Interface is simple but robust. There is no sacrificing ability for the sake of navigation.

Jack Atlasov

Xola helped bring our business into the 21st century!

Reviewed 2015-04-28

Whitewater Adventures has been running the Upper Cache Creek in California for over 30 years. Until recently we didn't do online booking, and as a consequence the poor office staff had to hand type detailed booking notes and run credit card payments nonstop during the rafting season. Upon joining the team I immediately began searching for a cloud based solution to Whitewater Adventures online booking needs. While poking around on other outfitter's websites and on Google I kept seeing the same name come up at the top of every "best booking system" list. That name was Xola. After scheduling a demo time I was contacted by Delamon, one of Xola's biz/dev representatives. Delamon proceeded to walk me through an hour and fifteen minute in-depth demo of many of Xola's features, including how to set up a trip listing, how to collect and track customer information, how to utilize Xola's powerful marketing and customer outreach features, how to integrate Xola with our website, and much, much more. In these times of outsourced and call center driven sales and customer service Delamon stood out with his positive attitude, clear communicative style, product knowledge and professionalism. As for the booking system itself, well, all I can say is that the reviews weren't exaggerating . The Xola online booking and marketing system is, simply put, a pleasure to use. It is unbelievably robust and well thought out. The booking process is incredibly simple and straightforward. Just the other day I was training one of the office staff on how to use it and I was able to take her from never having seen the program to being totally able to set up her own bookings and create trip listings and add-ons in less than 30 minutes! Creating trip and product offerings through Xola is a breeze and there are multiple options for up-selling through their brilliant add-on feature. Things like trip times, dates, deposits, accepted payment types, built in credit card processors, customer questionnaires, automatic dropped checkout emails and conformation emails, driving directions, lists of what to bring, and much, much more are easily entered and even more easily customized for every listing that you want to create. I really can't recommend this service enough. The care and effort that the Xola team has put into their product and into supporting their customers through the onboarding process has been deeply appreciated by everyone at Whitewater Adventures.

Mike Lorrain

Efficient, Effective, Perfect!

Reviewed 2014-03-24

Our adventures in trying to find the perfect online booking tool went from designing our own custom platform to using tools that were so big and had so many features they were cumbersome for our staff and nearly impossible for our customers. Needless to say, sales were down, customer satisfaction was low and our staff morale even lower. Then came Xola - an elegant and simple solution to our problems. With features the 'bigger and better' systems are trying to upsell you on, Xola has them all built in, it literally runs itself. Translation: less time working the system and more time with the system working for you. Pros: For our customers, a quick way to check out. No more getting shuttled to multiples screens or worse to a completely different URL! Confirmation emails getting to clients within minutes that contain all of the information they need to know to enjoy their outing. For our staff, a simple back office view with few buttons that make booking reservations quick, checking in guests fast and booking walk-ups a pleasurable experience. The analytics component provides all of the information we need to determine how our business is doing, providing the metrics that matter the most in a manner that's both comprehensible and effective to make quick decisions about pricing and performance. Last but certainly not least is the Xola method of distribution. We can provide check out points throughout our website and through partner websites. We can easily create discount codes and special coupons and feel comfortable that redemption will be easy for our customers. There are so many great features built into the Xola platform, we have saved time and money and with the level of customer support, downtime is a thing of the past, answers are quick and solutions are always an phone call away. Now: Sales are up almost twice what they were at this time last year, online conversion are up nearly 12%, customers are happy and we are getting outstanding reviews on sites like Trip Advisor, thanks to Xola's automated post experience emails. Seeing the entire range on online booking options that are on the market (and some that are not), this is by far the most intelligent system out there and it keeps getting better. Cons: N/A Xola knows who they are and knows who they are not, makes them the perfect solution for small to medium business who want to grow.

Jeremiah Reynolds

A singular experience

Reviewed 2018-11-12

Xola manages my entire booking process for my escape room. They also handle all of my payments.As an escape room owner, I am always looking for a solution that does absolutely everything I want it to do. That solution does not exist, and many booking vendors fall significantly short. Xola is way beyond where any other vendor is in this space. The ease of use, GUI, functionality, and development plan that Xola offers is unmatched. But the product is only part of the experience you get when you sign up for Xola. As a business owner, I NEVER know when I will be able to scratch out a few hours of work. Sometimes it is Sunday afternoon, some days it is Tuesday at 10:00pm. Xola has 24/7 chat support. I have never not been responded to in longer than 90 seconds (it is almost always 25 seconds or less). Their service reps always answer my question, and if I suggest a feature that is not currently active, they send it to the devs to look at. At the end of the day, the software just works. And when I don't know how to work it right, there is someone there to literally hold my hand through the learning process.

Ryan Lloyd

Xola Fan, make that a Super Fan

Reviewed 2017-07-20

it makes running our tour business so much easierI love Xola for so many reasons; The mobile view from the customer pov is so clean compared to other options i looked at, this is important for conversions. Cart abandonment emails, have a crazy high response rate, and we knock down so many deals. Reservationsist can tag bookings, so we can pay them commission Past customer data is all saved to expedite repeat bookings Really easy to charge balance day off tour. Software is flexible to change an customize specific day schedule. Add ons can be hidden from customer view so we can Most of all the Xola staff (particularly Delamon and Kelsey) is so cool, responsive, and they really get tour businesses, they are open to new features

Doyle Wells

Y'all should have given me the option for leaving more than 5 stars for Xola.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Staff's support and interest in "my" software needs. Put this way, I'm constantly hounded by other company's booking software guys to "look" at their software and I keep telling them..."Nope, I'm using Xola and they serve my needs just fine!" For whoever reads this review, I want them to know that I have used Xola for several years and I really appreciate how they have constantly kept up with my growth needs and seek to improve the software to help me grow. As we all know, what works today is outdated tomorrow! THANK YOU XOLA!

Rachel Goldenberg

Easy to use for our business and for customers with responsive and helpful support.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Easy online booking for tours. Integrations with Viator, Expedia, Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. Customer database management. Organizational tools.Xola makes it easy for us to list and sell our tours. They've thought of every part of the booking process to ensure that our customers have no trouble booking, are reminded if they leave the process, and get a follow up after their tour. When we've needed help with processes or integrations, the Xola team has been quick to help. They've even listened to us and worked directly with our team to implement our suggestions into their system. When we expanded to a new market, there was no hesitation signing up for another Xola account to manage tour bookings.

Colton Stowe

Great booking software for small business

Reviewed 2019-01-12

Xola takes a ton of the work load from the booking process and streamlined it so people are ready to go as soon as possible. It makes it mischief easier for us to track and keep up with our customers and prospective customers and even makes marketing and promotion more effective. The support is great and the interface is easy for us and our customers. The set up and user interface is really easy for the most part. The customer service is fast and responsive, anytime I have a problem it’s answer d in minutes over the phone. The pricing option are really good for small business/new start ups and the booking fees are very reasonable. The best part is Xola is geared towards the outdoor industry and the software easily integrates into your existing website. It also has automated features like abaindon cart as well as custom coupons and discounts which I really like. We use this software for our SUP/Kayak rental business and it has been fantastic so far.

Phil True

Xola is quick, easy to navigate, and their customer service is top notch when issues arise.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Use of pictures for listings, timeline views, and short quick steps help in booking a reservation. Managing listings is intuitive and easy to access. Adding booking features to our website is accessible through their custom booking buttons which produces copy/paste codes. With 24 hr customer service we can access their chat line at some of the most inconvenient hours and solve most problems.

Sandra Dee Hoffman

Loving XOLA!

Reviewed 2016-07-07

I love the XOLA package. I actually understand it and am beginning to find my way around it. This is amazing! I mean, it's truly amazing! And as I become more and more familiar with it, I'm discovering all sorts of useful things it can do. I especially like the feature that allows me to assign a guide to a walk and then send the walk roster to that guide. This has saved us from miscommunication on a number of occasions!! Love this feature! I also love to see the XOLA emails announcing that I have another booking!! I don't think I'll ever tire of these! I'm still exploring all that XOLA can do. I intend to master it all. I've found that taking and re-taking the on-line, live trainings sessions has been invaluable. I understand the program more each session and get more assertive as I go along. The training and support staff have been extremely helpful and extremely patient with me! In fact, everyone with whom I've worked at XOLA has been the same ' incredible! Everyone seems to really care about making sure the program works just as it should. And they all seem to care whether it's helping to make my business run smoother. This means a lot! Brennan got me started. Then I had my first on-line- training session with the very attentive woman whose name I don't remember. And now I have my own personal techie assistant ' Chris! He may not know he has this title but I'm pretty sure there are many XOLA users who would enthusiastically give him this title. This personal service is so important, both functionally and psychologically.