Xola Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.95/10

Reviews by rating

Xola has the BEST feature set, an amazing look and feel that your customers will love and they have a solid support team - the friendliest and most helpful ever.
The best part about Xola is that they do the heavy lifting for you. They get the booking software up on the site for you and it works great.
We have been using this software for 4 years and love it. We are continually contacted by other systems, but this is by far our favorite.
Unable to book with different email if same name (problem when working with concierge bookings). Cannot assign guides if turn around time is tight from one event to the next.
One other thing that is slightly annoying is I have to refresh the page or close then open the app to get it to refresh to see if there are any other bookings.
My issue is they are making you pay for all of the functionality instead of just paying for what you use.

Jennifer N.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, fast responsive trouble shooting

The professional look, automated emails, easy to use customer facing links really set my business apart from competitors as looking professional and organized. Connectivity with 3rd party sites makes my life easier. I use several 3rd party vendors and have to set up back end calendars on places like Viatour, Expedia and AirBnB experiences; these companies use booking software that is so cumbersome, redundant and/or incomplete its like using caveman software in comparison to the ease and speed of Xola's software. Its also easy for my employees to use, everyone gets it 1st time you show it to them.

Pros

The chat feature is indispensable, questions answered/problems solved on the spot. If the tech on chat can't fix or answer a question I get connected with someone who can solve the problem within 24 hours. The updates are pretty much instant, if I make a change, its on my site immediately.

Cons

I would like to be able to add more review links than just one on follow up emails.

JS

Jesse S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

This made my life so much easier

Speed of money flow and updated accounting is a breeze. The ability to adjust hops with minimal key strokes and everything automatically adjusts to our website is a life saver. And overall, the customer service is top notch.

Pros

The customization to suit the variety of needs for our little company. Once everything is plugged it only minimal administration is needed to keep everything flowing.

Cons

The inability to not be able to make a tour private and only accessible via a password for guests.

Jesse, we are so glad Xola has been useful for your business. Thank you for the feedback on private tours. We're always seeking to improve our product and service so your feedback is super useful!

Maritime, 1-10 employees

Disappointed with Xola

Pros

This platform is definitely affordable and in the beginning the customer service was great. From a clients prospective the interface is user friendly and visually appealing.

Cons

We started using Xola over 2 years ago and although a rough start, the service was on point and customer support was helpful and speeds when it came to fixing bugs and problems. Since then it seems as if they have restructured their company drastically. Getting customer support has become a challenge. In the beginning they assigned account managers, which was great. When you called Xola you could...

I am so sorry to hear your disappointment with Xola. First off let me say that responding to our customer is our number one priority, so I will forward this onto our Customer Success Manager to look at. We know that setting up a platform can be stressful and we want to make your experience as stress free as possible. Please let us know if you are still having problems with your buttons and I will personally look at them and get them into the right hands for modifications. Again thank you for taking the time to leave this review, it helps us grow as a company when we can examine our weak points from the eyes of our customers.

RD

Randi D.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Satisfied

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to teach to staff, and I enjoy most features.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like thus far.

Hi Randi- So glad you find Xola easy to use. Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Best, Sophie

Wes H.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use, Great Customer Service, Could Improve on Reporting Tools

Overall, we've been very happy as a Xola client!

Pros

Xola features a great online dashboard and an open API for easy integration. Customer service is fantastic; I've always gotten very quick responses via online chat and opening tickets with the company's IT team.

Cons

The reporting and analytics tools have lots of room for improvement. Xola has a lot of data to work with, but clients can only see a limited amount of it via the online dashboard. Luckily the API is a great resource for retrieving data, but obviously not as easy to use as an improved reporting dashboard would be.

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to see you are enjoying Xola. Our team is constantly working on new features and reporting is one of them. We recently came out with our Custom Reporting tool, that I hope is helping you retrieve more data. I will be reaching out soon to get more feedback from you on what you are wanting to see so I can report this to our team. Look forward to talking to you soon. -Jessica

Izabella Z V.

Not happy , considering using another software

managed the bookings through this we are and escape room, we have 8 employees (we are not an accounting firm the system suggests below)

Pros

customer support, it is great that we get the software all set up and that there is a team to help any time. The software looking pretty.

Cons

if your client books 4 sessions, they get 4 confirmation, 4 reminder and 4 follow up emails, there is no option to just send them one email with all bookings listed there. in our confirmation email, you should not advertise yourself. it makes us look like we are using a free software. no. we pay a lot to use our software, so get your logo off and stop advertise yourself to out clients for free....

Hi Izabella- I am sorry to see you are disappointed with Xola. We do strive very hard to listen to our customers needs and wants. I am going to send your feedback to our team and put your request into the system as well! I am also going to reach out very soon and see if I can get more feedback from you on how to make your experience with Xola better! -Jessica

Luis Jared P.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Need some extra features - Great App

We have been working for years with Xola and everything goes great, we love it! If only we can have this extra info in the booking detail it would be cool.

Pros

Is easy to use, my customers find it useful and the best feature for our business is to get Google Analytics data and the new Xola custom reports.

Cons

We really need to show more info in the booking detail not just day picker. Maybe some custom fields like a map, conditional inputs, description, etc. I know we can get this info in the questionnaire after booking, but we believe that displaying questions like "you need pick up?" "are you arriving in airplane or cruiser?"

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to see you and your customers love Xola. I am going to put your feedback about the booking details page into our features team. If they have any questions they will be reaching out. Thank you again for your feedback!

Kai K.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Goldilocks Booking Software

After using a half dozen alternatives, I settled on Xola because they offer the features I need at an affordable, flat monthly price. Hence, Goldilocks. They haven't succumbed to the money-grab of taking a percentage of operators sales like other companies. Overall, my experience with Xola for the past four years have been excellent. I highly recommend them for tours and activities businesses.

Pros

-Reasonable fixed pricing per location rather than pass-through costs to customer -Responsive support -New features regularly -Great back end functionality and ease of use

Cons

-Still missing some features specific to my industry (robust resource management and better guide assignment)

Thank you for the review! We are glad to see how much you are enjoying the features of Xola. We are constantly trying to improve our features and we hope that our future updates will help make you love Xola even more!

Chris D.

Xola has made my business function with ease and automation!

Xola is feature rich so we have gained many benefits across the board for our company including enhanced financial / sales reports, better understanding of our customer demographics and most importantly increased sales / conversions via our website.

Pros

The software is wonderfully coded and designed, but the on-going support and development are always on target for exactly what my business needs.

Cons

We have a unique way of selling / booking customers and while we have been able to use Xola's rich features to make a work around I wish I could simplify our booking process with Xola. Sadly I know this is a developmental issue and only affects a very small portion of it's users like my company.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for the review! We are happy to see that you are finding Xola to be full of rich features. -Kris

Michael L.

Information Technology and Services,

Simply The BEST Online Booking Software

As a web developer and owner of Web Development Corporation, I have worked extensively with XOLA. I have seen the direct correlation between using XOLA versus other online booking systems for activity providers. My experience has shown that their usage of modal windows versus sending potential clients offsite to book activities or appointments matters; it translates directly into more sales for my...

Pros

Booking window is modal and doesn't send user offsite. Very intuitive, Easy to book. Easily implemented code which is automatically generated. Bookings are synchronous with calendar, Friendly Staff

Cons

There are no Cons.

Thank you for the review! We like to hear stories like this that allow our customers to feel empowered. Thank you for sharing!

BL

Brian L.

Tobacco, 11-50 employees

Xola for Small Tourism Business

Fantastic! I encourage you to look seriously at them - they are the best fit by far for us and I have interviewed and ran trails with the major competitors.

Pros

Allows for tours that have minimums - Our tours require 8 person to sign up in order for a tour to go (minimum). Xola handles this portion far far better than any of the other competitors and I have met with a number of them. If you do minimums, and care about customer communication, this is a must use. Software works with many options Very strong amount of features Very strong customer support Reasonable competitive pricing Great analytics They will listen to and often times implement feature requests Good integration with booking site (Yelp / Google / TA) Highly recommended!

Cons

App on Android can be a bit buggy and frustrating - not a deal breaker. Sometimes you may have to click buttons a bunch before it responds or have to shut it down and reload it. Won't allow you to take a call and check the app when roaming (this does work if you have active internet). Would like to see further integration with hotel and other booking companies

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. I'm so glad Xola works for your business needs and you are happy with the integrations! We're always looking to improve and appreciate your feedback about the Android app! Stay tuned for more updates in 2020! Thanks, Sophie

SD

Susie D.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Responsive to needs and continually improving the software from my feedback.

All booking info in one place and so easy to keep on track of what is coming up for both myself and my employees. Also, easy reporting to see trends, end of month reports, etc. I can access the info from anywhere - even when away on vacation. Also, I believe more customers will book, when it is right there with a "book now" button - they don't need to call, or email and so they do more impulse...

Pros

Ease of Use and Customer Support -- I looked at many companies and did demos prior to making my decision to go with Xola. Xola is, by far, the easiest to use of all the companies that I demoed. Inputting product, making changes, updating info is all easy and very intuitive to use. When I can't easily figure something out, Xola's 'chat' feature is AWESOME! There is always someone there to quickly...

Cons

Calendar does not show multi-day events (only the first day shows). Also - only allows for 'group' or bulk discounts on same item. I would like a way to have the system give "Xth purchase free" - for example - so once someone has booked 2 items, it could prompt them with a "Buy one more and you get a free one". I saw other companies with this capacity, BUT then they had other things that I did not like. Overall - Xola has more Positives for me, than negatives.

Hi Susie, So happy to see that both you and customers enjoy using Xola! Your feedback helps us improve our software. Cheers! -Kris

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

C'MON features!

Pros

I started with Xola back when the booking software genre was almost nonexistent. Back then there was Bookeo and that was about it. Now I get a sales call every week from competitors. Peek Pro seems to be the only software that is more feature rich but they are pushy and spam your customers if they get ahold of your data base so beware about them. Xola has an easy and beautiful interface. Non-pushy sales people. Help when you need it. Great ability to manage customers IF you never have to reschedule. The cost is lower than other companies if your doing volume greater than 5K a month. A good choice but you need a dedicated reservationist if you are offering an experience were rescheduling is common.

Cons

When pricing out a booking software company for your business consider the cost of an employee to manually have to reschedule your customers if your experience is prone to cancellation i.e. rain, wind, snow etc. and add it to the monthly cost of Xola to get an accurate idea of the true cost. The point of having a booking software is so you can concentrate on running your business and making it grow....

MW

Mike W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Outriders Northwest

I like the software, just not happy with the new pricing structure.

Pros

Ease of use for updates to listings and schedules.

Cons

I do not like the updated pricing structure of 3%. I do not like the idea of "passing" this costs along to my guests, so I am stuck with this large cost increase.

Hi Mike, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I'm glad you find Xola easy to use. Our pricing change was made in order to make all features available to all customers at no cost and after extensive research on the impact of consumer fees on conversion. We're happy to talk more about ways you could configure your account to not absorb this cost without impacting your conversions. Best, Team Xola

ED

Emma D.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Xola has been enjoyable to use

I'm pretty happy with Xola! It's very customizable, very easy to use, and I've always had such quick replies from their customer service team. I have experience with a few other booking systems (OPERA & Mindbody Online) and I much prefer this system.

Pros

I really appreciate how easily you can customize and set specific details of listings. I believe it allows more different types of businesses to use Xola pretty easily.

Cons

Being able to edit bookings which use the split payment option would be SO ideal. I often times have to cancel the booking and rebook, which makes any refunds more complicated down the road. I would really also appreciate the feature to type the number of guests into a booking made manually, instead of having to click increase/decrease for each guest. In the purchases tab, the order it comes up...

Hello Emma! Thank you for this very detailed response. I'll have your account manager reach out your way to discuss some of these suggested improvements. Glad things are good overall!

SG

Sean G.

Recreational Facilities and Services, self-employed

First-rate support

Pros

The strength of this company is the fantastic support it provides for its clients. This is both at the set-up stage, and also after implementation has started. It is available 24/7, and if the on-line platform is not sufficient to solve the technical issue or the user-end challenge, a telephone conversation can be easily scheduled. This was even the case at the beginning of my using the platform: I...

Cons

No difficulties, just a couple of limitations for payments and parameters for booking.

Dear Sean, Thank you for such a glowing review. We're so glad you love our support and we're always happy to answer questions and appreciate your honest feedback about our product. Best, Sophie

Chad M.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Customers need to reschedule? Better hire a designated scheduler because Xola camt handle it.

Online purchases, quick payout.

Pros

I started with Xola. Used to have one on one support. It's pretty enough. You can find work arounds for most problems.

Cons

If your in a business where weather can cause trip cancellations? Xola STILL isn't powerful enough to allow customers to reschedule on their own?!? So a reservation system where you NEED a human to reschedule customers over the phone. It's ridiculous. Xola has no desire to fix this giant hole and it's frustrating. They seem to cater to small guides and tours. My small business has theirvanilities taxed....

Hi Chad- Sorry to hear you are running into some issues. I am, however, happy to let you knew we do have self-service options available to your customers. My teammate Jessica just left you a voicemail. We'd love to be in touch about how to make sure you are making the most of Xola. All our support is in-house and available 24/7. Feel free to reach out anytime via call, chat, or email! Cheers, Sophie

TM

Tanner M.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Xola for the win

Xola was our first choice software for our new business and we are glad we went with them. Starting a new business is always tough but working with Xola gave us a quick launch with great insight and tips from their staff. Xola is constantly improving, offering education and studies on the tourism industry and is a quick phone call away. We are always looking for the most efficient way of doing...

Pros

User Interface is simple but robust. There is no sacrificing ability for the sake of navigation.

Cons

Refunds have to come out of your xola account, there is a balance that stays in your account and gets sent to your account according to your desired time frame. If the account is empty and you need to refund a customer you have to load money to your account. This is supposed to change as we discussed it with our rep and they were already working on a solution.

Hey Tanner. Chris here. Thanks so much for taking the time to review. I've enjoyed getting you setup with Xola and helping you get your business off the ground using our system and also giving you the 'best practices' based off of all the other pedal taverns who use us. Next year will be a big year for you and I'm excited to see you grow. In regards to refunds, we are totally restructuring that work flow and will have a new solution soon with plenty of time before your next season. Take care and talk soon!

JA

Jack A.

Xola helped bring our business into the 21st century!

Whitewater Adventures has been running the Upper Cache Creek in California for over 30 years. Until recently we didn't do online booking, and as a consequence the poor office staff had to hand type detailed booking notes and run credit card payments nonstop during the rafting season. Upon joining the team I immediately began searching for a cloud based solution to Whitewater Adventures online booking...

Cons

Thank you for your review! We are glad to see you are enjoying Xola!

ES

Ernie S.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Xola for Escape Rooms

We use Xola for our escape rooms and it's a complete breeze. We haven't come across any buggy software issues or things of that nature that prevent us from managing a business, especially one that's very dependent on a booking software. We like the new split-payment function and overall the investment that the team makes to continually upgrade and develop Xola. Several other competitor booking softwares have reached out to us trying get us to switch but really, if it ain't broke why fix it. We're very happy with Xola and look forward to future developments from its team! Thank you for helping us run our escape rooms!

Pros

I believe the best feature about Xola is its customer support. Their chat function is extremely handy when you've got a last minute question or need a quick tutorial on a feature. Plus the staff is very friendly and will always guide you through any difficulties you may encounter.

Cons

The thing I liked least about Xola is just learning a new software but that comes with anything worth doing. At first it seems as it may be a daunting task to learn new software for your business but the ease of use is beyond amazing and again, customer support is second to none. Got questions? They've got answers!

Thanks for the review! We love to see you are loving Xola for your business! Also, happy to see you love customer support and think they are amazing, we feel the same!

DW

Doyle W.

Y'all should have given me the option for leaving more than 5 stars for Xola.

Pros

Staff's support and interest in "my" software needs. Put this way, I'm constantly hounded by other company's booking software guys to "look" at their software and I keep telling them..."Nope, I'm using Xola and they serve my needs just fine!" For whoever reads this review, I want them to know that I have used Xola for several years and I really appreciate how they have constantly kept up with my growth needs and seek to improve the software to help me grow. As we all know, what works today is outdated tomorrow! THANK YOU XOLA!

Cons

Really? After what I wrote above, do you really think I have any "cons"? For the record, ever since I first started using Xola I have received excellent support and anytime that I needed to "personalize" the software to meet my need, Xola was there to help me.

Hi Doyle- Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We are constantly looking to improve and better meet the needs of the businesses we serve, so I am very happy to hear that this matches your experience! Thanks for using Xola, Sophie

SD

Sandra Dee H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Loving XOLA!

I love the XOLA package. I actually understand it and am beginning to find my way around it. This is amazing! I mean, it's truly amazing! And as I become more and more familiar with it, I'm discovering all sorts of useful things it can do. I especially like the feature that allows me to assign a guide to a walk and then send the walk roster to that guide. This has saved us from miscommunication...

Pros

The training and support staff have been extremely helpful and extremely patient with me! In fact, everyone with whom I've worked at XOLA has been the same ' incredible! Everyone seems to really care about making sure the program works just as it should. And they all seem to care whether it's helping to make my business run smoother. This means a lot! Brennan got me started. Then I had my first on-line- training session with the very attentive woman whose name I don't remember. And now I have my own personal techie assistant ' Chris! He may not know he has this title but I'm pretty sure there are many XOLA users who would enthusiastically give him this title. This personal service is so important, both functionally and psychologically.

Cons

I always have problems learning something new but this is definitely not the software's fault! It's user error!

Thank you for the review! We love hearing that our customers are enjoying Xola! Happy exploring and please let us know if we can help in anyway!

AP

Amber P.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Manager

We enjoy using XOLA wish it was a little cleaner and simpler sometimes but overall we are satisfied.

Pros

Flexible to switch experiences, ease of booking on back and front in,

Cons

Gift Certificates: not able to purchase multiple certificates for different experiences, one person can't buy multiple gift certificates for different people in same transaction Back office: can't override booking capacity, can't book one group with different experiences have to book separately Accounting: would be nice if you could be compatible with Quick-books, daily transactions are confusing and not clean cut

Hi Amber, Thanks so much for your feedback on gifts. Jessica reached out and can help solve some of the issues you mention. We're always looking to improve our product and software so your feedback is super helpful! Thanks, Sophie

MG

Mário G.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Wine Tourism

I've been using XOLA.COM for more than one year, and it's been an outstanding experience. All the features that you need to run online sales are present. The support is excellent. Overall, after using Regiondo, Bokun and Fareharbour, I found the app with exceptional features

Pros

The software has all the features you need to accept online bookings, as well marketing tools.

Cons

The only thing to improve is the translations. It could have more OTA's connections.

Thank you for the review! We are glad to see you are loving our Software! Please reach out to us anytime with your request for OTA connections and we can see what we can do.

MG

Michael G.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Xola provides a great way for tour guests to register online for our guided brewery tours.

Organized and comfortable experience for guests, professional atmosphere (moving from paper sign-in sheets to Xola), ability to see bookings update during a weekend shift, ability to check my private tour schedule from home

Pros

- Ease of registering a new group - Flexibility in creating different tour experiences - Usability across different check-in platforms (phones, computers, tablets, etc.)

Cons

- Mobile app: Adjusting a group size or editing a booking is not always possible/typically buggy, which can be stressful when a tour is about to begin within a few minutes and a group is trying to check in for their tour. - Heavy focus on financial info: While this is undoubtedly useful information for tour programs that sell merchandise or charge for their experiences, I would like to see more detailed analytics on attendance info rather than just financial info.

Michael¿ thanks for the review! Happy to hear that the platform's flexibility is helping Bell's manage the tours well. Someone from our Customer Success Team will be reaching out to get more details on what you'd like to see from the mobile app and reporting. Thanks! -Alex