Zoho Assist Reviews

Pros

Its easy and cost effective. Most of executive willing to help more than to sale a product, its win win to customer and solution provider.

vijya J.

I really like how easy it is to simply invite or just send a link to a user for them to connect to a remote session. I also like being able to see the admin approval boxes when they pop up.

Ricky I.

The ease of use is excellent, there is no major learning curve. Giving the end users the 'still in the office' experience of communicating directly with a technician is excellent.

Keith B.

Cons

It not so much that i would abandon the platform but is a bit annoying.

Sheldon M.

I have features missing, when I initially signed up I had space to add more technicians now I am over the amount of technicians I am allowed.

ADAM O.

Alan G.

So far so Good for remote assistance

Transcript

Erick V.: Hi, my name is Erick. I'm a Client Technologist Manager and I'm reviewing Zoho Assist and then...

Best Value On The Market

Transcript

Jacob S.: Hi. I'm Jacob, I'm the operations director at a church, and I give Zoho Assist a five out of...

Teamviewer and Chrome Remote Replacement

This perfectly replaced Teamviewer and later, Chrome Remote Desktop which, interestingly enough, proved to be quite difficult to uninstall after using. This led to my search for a replacement and I found this free remote solution.

Pros

The software worked seamlessly with Ubunutu Linux, Windows and iOS. It's free for personal use and extremely responsive when logging in remotely. There was little lag and the gestures are intuitive. It also includes 2-Factor Authentication 2FA for extra security.

Cons

Unlike other remote software, I had to purchase a $8 DVI "dummy" plug so I could reboot the Linux computer that did not have a monitor connected. After that, it worked perfectly. Without the plug, Linux refused to boot and Zoho Assist didn't have any graphics drivers included that helped resolve the issue.

Zoho Assist review by a company who is using the product since last five years

We are using Zoho Assist for the last five years and we are happy with it.

Pros

It is to the point, accurate, and real-time customer support portal. Everything is transparent and logs are generated in the back end so that you can check who is doing what in your team. Granular level access can be given to technicians.

Cons

Two features are missing as of now. Real-time voice chats with client and auto chat transcript mailing to the client at the end of the sesion. Otherwise, everything is good.

Zoho Assist is the nr 1 Bang for the buck Remote Software

Pros

The software is easy to access and easy to operate. Image quality is really good!

Cons

Sometimes the UI feels a bit outdated compared to other software solutions on the market.

Just about the worst support software I have ever had the misfortune of using

Based in a rural location, I have been providing technical support to my clients for over 10 years now. Having initially used pCAnywhere, I quickly switched to a SaaS solution from Citrix which worked tremendously well at a price and offered fantastic features. I begun to investigate alternatives some 3 years ago and came across the Zoho offering and registered as a Beta user on the understanding that...

Pros

Inexpensive, Reasonable Customer support Attended system is okay

Cons

Keyboard on iPad pro does not work (on screen keyboard does) Was advised to stop using Chrome extension (which I liked) and use the desktop app instead. The desktop app is about as stable as Homer Simpson after a donut and beer binge. Desktop app require frequent restarting. Sessions abruptly finish and impossible to reconnect without asking client to reboot their machine (and this does not always work). Unattended component is diabolical

Is Zoho Assist

Pros

The flexibility of licensing for unattended or by support person is what attracted us to the ZohoAssist solution. For liability reasons we have a balance of unattended stations and support person licensing. Company owned remote machines for unattended and support person licensing for non-company machines. This forces the acknowledgement of allowing support in by starting the support session.

Cons

One item that we find cumbersome is modify station properties like changing the name of the machine in unattended stations. It has to be modified from a different area and is not intuitive. I suggest adding a link in the system properties to allow modifying the system name.

ZohoAssist does what it says it does.

It is a fast secure solution that meets our needs. we may upgrade soon to start utilizing additional features.

Pros

Ease of use and simplicity training staff to use it.

Cons

We do not use any of the available integrated apps

My review

Very happy and all around stable experience for us

Pros

Easy to start a session with our users makes it a good tool, in the future we might add some more features

Cons

If site isnt online we are out of luck, no other way to help our users

Excellent

Fantastic! 10/10

Pros

Very easy to use and has every feature we would ever need!

Cons

None so far! Really love it. Can't think of anything negative.

Not only does it allow you to give great support, Zoho Customer Support is awesome too!

Great tools and amazing customer service. Whenever we have an issue, they are on top of getting it resolved.

Pros

It does everything it is supposed to do and there are very rarely any issues.

Cons

It has worked seamlessly with everything we have tried to do. So, nothing bad to say.

NowApps Ltd

Portal is really easy to use and intuitive, and support from the Zoho team through Chat is excellent.

Pros

We have a number of remote servers processing 24x7 and we can now solve problems easily remotely. Also the diagnostic tools for services management and the command prompt are great for resolving issues without affecting the user screen.

Cons

Unlike the rest of the product, the File Transfer option is limited when compared to LogMeIn, also frustrating that it was not included in the trial by default, needed 10 days to get access to it for evaluation.

Zoho Assist Unattended Access and Remote Support - a perfect COVID remedy

Pros

We deployed Zoho Assist Unattended Access and Remote Support in April, 2020 as a means of reducing face-to-face support interactions. We’ve found that not only were our technicians able to avoid excessive COVID exposure inside the office, they were also more productive and able to offer support for issues that we’d previously not had the time to address. When our primary remote access solution was...

Cons

The biggest feature missing from the package is true multi-monitor support, an option that has been promised for some time. Yes, you can switch between monitors using a keyboard shortcut or the mouse, but it’s nowhere near as efficient as being able to see both of an end-users monitors and once and interact with both of them at the same time. We hope the beta version of this feature makes it to production soon.

Best remote support software so far.

Overall ease of walking a customer (especially the elderly) to be able to not only connect in the first place, but also complete security checks has been a breeze. We've been able to connect to devices that other techs using other tools have not been able to get a connection to.

Pros

Far reaching compatibility with devices, both on the tech end and the customer's end. Really easy to set up connections as well.

Cons

Not really a whole lot of cons. Would say graphics if I had to choose something but they have definately made improvements in the recent updates.

Great Product

I use this software daily to provide remote computer support to individuals and businesses. Since COVID this type of service is in high demand.

Pros

There are slightly easier to use products on the market but when I looked at pricing they were approximately 3 or 4 times the price $14 odd dollars a month compared to $52 odd dollars a month. Value for money this product wins hands down. As a sole trader incorporating $14 a month into my fees makes me look a whole lot more competitive to my customers than $52.

Cons

The software sometimes as the customer if the Technician can access their clipboard an excessive amount of times *between 3 and 20 times for one session* - it also asks when you arent even trying to use the clipboard. This can feel obtrusive and unneccessary.

Small company internal and clilent IT support

Our business has a small staff and numerous clients worldwide. Clients sometimes need assistance with VPN access and with navigating their Quality Systems. Ad hoc sessions help individuals to recover quickly. Our in-house team sometimes needs assistance with configuration of software, or adding new client access to the servers. I have 3 computers that I use for different tasks. When I'm out of office I use unattended access to securely access the computers in the office.

Pros

Zoho Assist is simple to use, both for ad hoc sessions and for unattended access. It is easy to send an invitation to clients to almost immediately start a remote session. Likewise, once remote access is setup on a company system I can get to that computer to retrieve data and use software in a flash. And the screen scaling lets me work from systems with vastly different screen resolutions. This is far superior to remote desktop.

Cons

The two factor authentication allows a browser to remember settings. If I'm not careful the accessing computer may remember my credentials and bypass their two factor authentication feature. While this is useful when accessing computers from my in-office workstation, it is not a welcome feature for accessing from a laptop in the field. That is the main reason for wanting MFA and it is far to easy to accidentally bypass.

Zoho Assist Is A Great Replacement for LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Pro, and LogMeIn Rescue

It has been great. I had heard of them previously but never paid much attention to them. But they have a SHOCKINGLY comprehensive product offering between Zoho and ManageEngine. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a delight. He communicates very clearly and he delivers on his promises. In fact, that whole team has gone out of their way to help me understand the product and the feature pipeline. I trust this company.

Pros

I find the company behind the software to be the best thing about it. Specific to the software, I find the the Remote access and Unattended Access software to be a solid all purpose offering. But after many years of sudden price hikes and random product changes at LogMeIn ... I have learned that good software means nothing when the company behind it isn't a reliable partner. Zoho is a company that is more focused on the customer than the shareholders. And that's the kinda company that makes a good partner. Consider then company you're getting into business with ... that's at least as important as the product features.

Cons

My only two concerns were them being available during West Coast business hours and the lack of the ability to store computer login credentials (which will be coming soon in the next update) so I don't have to remember hundreds of complex passwords when the remote computer is locked

Really Easy Setup

We needed something to gain unattended access to our PCs and Servers. It was a really easy setup process and had devices ready to login within minutes. They also have a chat feature which allows you to speak with technical support within minutes.

Pros

There are so many great features of Zoho Assist. The unattended support feature saves so much time in the troubleshooting process. It is fast and haven't had any issues with performance. I also really like the fact that when you delete a device, the software deletes itself from the device automatically. The setup was really easy and the chat feature in the admin portal, I was able to get technical support within a few minutes the times that I did have questions. I would recommend this to anyone who needs unattended remote access to the network environment.

Cons

I haven't seen any cons. It is really fast connection and especially convenient that it is unattended remote support so I can login without needing confirmation from the end user, this saves so much time in the troubleshooting process. A suggestion would be add features that would allow the admin to see information without having to log into the PC, such as disk space, memory / CPU usage, last time rebooted.

My Review of ZohoAssit

Seeing the problem is often the fastest and easiest way to find solutions. By offer the tools such as dual screen view, Ctrl Alt Del, and a easy method to get client to give access ti remote assist make my job easier and permits me to make more revenue to pay for it. Hopeful clients will appreciate this long distance tech experience.

Pros

I am a computer/network troubleshooter. My job is to effectively diagnose problems in a minimal time frame. Offering tools such as reboot in safe mode, shutdown and lock screen, cmd prompt, control panel, computer management, device manger and event viewer save me time. I also look in reducing my cost and using software that is more affordable, so I can offer the client a better service for the cost.

Cons

I dislike the reduction services when I may need in Unattended access. I am wiling to pay for the professional version at extra cost but I sometime rely on the unattended for a nagging problem. I do not require 25 license, but maybe 5 with full professional functionality.

Best ROI purchase I have made in a long time.

I have already recommended this program to friends who are in the IT industry

Pros

How I can easily control devices from my mobile device as well as my laptop. The unattended access is very seamless. The links for attended access are very user friendly, and the ability to actually interact with admin prompts via the new Service Permission feature that was recently rolled really makes it seamless after initiating connection with my users. The less they need to do and the more I can - that's a win for anyone experiencing an IT issue!

Cons

I wish it would automatically fill my monitors upon connection when it detects that the user has more than one monitor. It would be nice if the actions or tasks I choose to add to a remote session in notes; could be automatically synced and added to the spiceworks ticket I am working with them. If I could initiate a remote access session from my spiceworks helpdesk; and have it pickup the user and tie the notes into the ticket.. that would be amazing! but either way this is an Amazing product for the cost!! I have already recommended this program to friends who are in the IT industry.

Reliable, Easy To Use Remote Support Tool

Our agents have found it to be reliable, easy to use, and supported clients have also found it easy to work with. Our technical support capabilities have been greatly amplified by using this tool.

Pros

We've had a great experience with Zoho Assist. One of the best things about the software is the speed to which a client can be invited to a session - in the agent portal, one click creates a session, another click invites the user, done. A small client software download is involved, but this has not been an issue for any of the remote sessions we have conducted. We have also not had any installation issues with the remote client software on customer machines. We also appreciate how cross-platform the Zoho Assist tool is, so that it works on any machine our customers are using. The remote desktop experience is reliable, operates with minimal lag, and automatically reconnects if any bandwidth interruptions occur. Ability to conduct sessions via mobile device is also useful.

Cons

Very little that we did not like about the software. We have not experienced any crashes, installation issues, or incompatibility issues (both agent and supported client can be on any device). We cannot recall any service outages.

Great remote connection software with multiple level account options

We use Zoho Assist primarily for training our new clients on our software as part of our on-boarding process. Zoho Assist has easily connected to windows and apple/mac machines and really help us better understand how our providers were interacting with the software. I'd like to see a level of use between business and enterprise or have the ability to "choose" the features I want to use/pay for kind of like a la carte pricing.

Pros

The ability to easily and quickly connect to a remote user's machine. The ease of setup (except Apple products).

Cons

The quality of the connection can severely affect usability. I'd like the option to connect to the remote machine to "watch", but have to "Press a button" to turn on my ability to interact directly with the machine.

ZoHo Assist - Great for small IT Support business to support clients

During the pandemic ZoHo Assist has proved fantastic in support my clients whom are now having to work from home and not familiar with the various online tools that many businesses use. This has enabled me to 'jump' onto their PC's and give them a bit of training on an adhoc basis.

Pros

The easy that I can talk less experienced users through establishing a connection.

Cons

I am struggling to think of any cons for this software, especially at this price point. I've not had to use their support team as setup and use has been straightforward.

Brilliant remote access system

This is such a brilliant, cost effective tool that requires little to no setup and has given us the ability to resell a really fantastic experience to our customers.

Pros

This system is great for large or small deployments. We primarily use this tool for granting our end clients remote access to our Samsung devices for remote contributor filming. We work with some very large production houses and this is the preferred system for this particular type of activity.

Cons

It would be amazing to be able to brand the end user access page more, but this would be a nice to have and doesn't really affect our use case.

Affordable Remote Support with Included Deployment Tool

Connectwise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) has similar features, but lacks a tool to deploy. This platform has a built in deployment that uses psexec and requires virtually ZERO configuration. Just input the domain, domain admin creds, and deploy to the PCs you want! PDQDeploy is a paid solution to this issue, and I'm not aware of a competitor that has this built in.

Pros

- Cost is far lower than most competitors. - Free deployment tool - Fast connection - Windows Application (for tech and user) - iOS and Android App (for tech and user) - Clipboard support, admin tools, and shortcuts to open many useful programs (event viewer, cmd, etc.) - Remote Support (non unattended access) is easy to setup and easy for users to understand - Inherent support of UAC in support - competitors lack this ability

Cons

- Browser-agent speed is not as fast as competition.

Few Things I was hoping...

Well i used couple devices and started unattended access... Now i nee to see the dat for billing purposes

Pros

I like this because we can record session and write tech notes... Its my 2nd day using this application but need to get used too... I will also need assistance in accounting and billling related questions how to round up and charge customers... My review will improve as soon as i get used to it.... I came to zoho from teamviewer and will need some assistance.. So far, its not too bad, just need to get used to and set it up right.

Cons

So far, i tried to make session with an IOS Iphone user... I look everywhere but cant seem to take control over the device but can only support viewing only... Can we take control over android or ios devices?

Excellent Desktop Sharing

Helping people who are computer illiterate is VERY difficult; they can barely find the taskbar, so if they cannot have a simple, consistent way to activate their remote client, you are done before you start. And they say "see here?" which is impossible since you cannot see their remote cursor in other applications. I have had virtually no problems with Zoho Assist. The only thing is if I hit 'escape' key on my end, it dumps me out of full screen to windowed in the chrome browser. Not sure how to keep in full screen mode.

Pros

Accurate, no glitches, ability to see remote cursor, easy for non-computer literate person to connect (I used the widget placed on my website)

Cons

Hitting escape forced departure from full screen mode to windowed. Worry about when/how much they will start charging for this excellent software.