Zoho Assist Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.1/10

Reviews by rating

Its easy and cost effective. Most of executive willing to help more than to sale a product, its win win to customer and solution provider.
I really like how easy it is to simply invite or just send a link to a user for them to connect to a remote session. I also like being able to see the admin approval boxes when they pop up.
The ease of use is excellent, there is no major learning curve. Giving the end users the 'still in the office' experience of communicating directly with a technician is excellent.
It can have a habit of not connecting correctly and just gets stuck in a spin and you have to start the session again which can be a little annoying.
I have features missing, when I initially signed up I had space to add more technicians now I am over the amount of technicians I am allowed.

JS

Jacob S.

Operations Director

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Best Value On The Market

Transcript

Jacob S.: Hi. I'm Jacob, I'm the operations director at a church, and I give Zoho Assist a five out of...

Erick V.

Client Technologies Manager

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

So far so Good for remote assistance

Transcript

Erick V.: Hi, my name is Erick. I'm a Client Technologist Manager and I'm reviewing Zoho Assist and then...

Glenn M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Seems to work well with just a couple of quirks

Pros

It's pretty responsive, seems to be tolerant of reboots and network interruptions, and the file transfer and diagnostic features work pretty well.

Cons

1) the ZA server doesn't always recognize when a computer is offline, and 2) sometimes the session will freeze if you log out of the remote computer's user account, necessitating a disconnect and reconnection to the session. And 3) Certain keyboard combinations, such as anything with the Windows key, do not work and you have to use the "Sticky Key" feature, which works but is a bit clunky to get used to.

MB

Michael B.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A "No Fuss" Solution To Our Remote Needs

I have been in consulting for over 30 years and have almost always worked on the technical side of supporting customers. In my years of doing this kind of work I have had to rely on many different types of remote connections. Zoho Assist is by far the easiest and most reliable connection method I have used, all while still being secure.

Pros

Working in a consulting practice that consistently needs access to customer systems requires remote access software that is secure, uncomplicated and just works. We have subscriptions to other remote software for those few cases where the customers have a required method of access but Zoho Assist is the primary go-to product for our systems engineer group. In the past, we often had to manage multiple...

Cons

I have no real complaints about Zoho Assist. It is a solution that is simple to use and the price point for the feature set you get is very reasonable.

SM

SRAVAN M.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Simple but Great !!! Affordable

Great Unattended feature and Monitoring End Devices with alerts.

Pros

Easy to Use, Tools to Manage, Multiple Features and Options

Cons

Web Browser based - not as clear to view as application based.

JP

John P.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Look at an alternative to the very expensive other remote assist application

We were looking at a sensible prices alternative to main named remote access/assist application. We need occasional access to our clients server and PC to assist in problem resolving. The issue we have is that we have several engineer who do oncall assistance. They might only need to get remote access to a customers system once or twice a year. But you can guarantee when they do its 2am in the morning...

Pros

Very easy to get to work and deploy. Unattended access once applied is so simple to use Note section at end of session really useful Both Browser and desktop version easy to learn The ability to add technicians- Not every needs to use all the time by on call engineer need the ability. This is possible at no addition cost with Zoho. A real plus. Multi connections to allow two technician to look. Nice smooth interface not clunky. User admin easy to learn Ability to have different department with assigned dedicated technician

Cons

Nothing at the moment. We have run a full test on the type of support we would normally be requested to do. Everything is as good as with the thrid party application we are using

DB

David B.

Great Functionality but Needs Improvements

Pros

The software was easy to use, reliable, and never had any issues. The connections had no lag time and were always immediately available at startup.

Cons

The plans offered are Free, Standard, Professional, and Enterprise. The free plan doesn't offer nearly as many features as one would expect and with having to keep expenses down, we were unable to upgrade back to the Profressional plan. It's also a little odd that the software is advertised for the remote unattended but conveniently leaves out that is a premium upgrade.

vh

vance h.

Zoho Assist

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy, price, and ui

Cons

i have not found any at the moment we are still setting up all features

TG

Tiaan G.

Zoho Assist

Pros

Domain Features are amazing. Unattended Access is nice and fast overall experience with platform is nice and user friendly.

Cons

In my personal opinion there are no "Cons"

BW

Brandon W.

Great Product

Pros

Price and ease of use. We've looked at similar products that cost a lot more and is hard to set up. We are pleased with this product.

Cons

The trial wasn't long enough. I would have like to see at least 30 days not 15.

JD

Jennifer D.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Zoho Assist Review

user friendly, customer based and easy to operate

Pros

Easy customer friendly and can teach the others about the product

Cons

Nothing I have no complaints about this product

SB

Scott B.

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Easy to setup and use

Pros

Zoho Assist was very easy to implement across the team and has been really easy to use.

Cons

Whoever sets up the account is classed as a 'technician', so it consumes this as a licence. There should be a way to have an 'administrative only' account.

RG

Roger G.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Small company internal and clilent IT support

Our business has a small staff and numerous clients worldwide. Clients sometimes need assistance with VPN access and with navigating their Quality Systems. Ad hoc sessions help individuals to recover quickly. Our in-house team sometimes needs assistance with configuration of software, or adding new client access to the servers. I have 3 computers that I use for different tasks. When I'm out of office I use unattended access to securely access the computers in the office.

Pros

Zoho Assist is simple to use, both for ad hoc sessions and for unattended access. It is easy to send an invitation to clients to almost immediately start a remote session. Likewise, once remote access is setup on a company system I can get to that computer to retrieve data and use software in a flash. And the screen scaling lets me work from systems with vastly different screen resolutions. This is far superior to remote desktop.

Cons

The two factor authentication allows a browser to remember settings. If I'm not careful the accessing computer may remember my credentials and bypass their two factor authentication feature. While this is useful when accessing computers from my in-office workstation, it is not a welcome feature for accessing from a laptop in the field. That is the main reason for wanting MFA and it is far to easy to accidentally bypass.

NJ

Nicolas J.

Zoho Assist is a must for Small MSP Businesses

I do everything remotely. I support around 40 machines and receive calls daily from end users that I support remotely. Resolving problems with all the windows devices I have.

Pros

Zoho assist is the most critical software for an MSP like me. I work remote and have clients\servers in different locations.

Cons

I truly dislike the fact that by closing a window to Zoho does not disconnect the client, making the end user have to disconnect.

CD

Craig D.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

If you want an affordable, dependable Remote Assist platform - use Zoho Assist

After reading my dislikes you might think that I dislike Zoho Assist. This is not the case. Overall, I must say that I have been pleased with Zoho Assist and plan on keeping it for many years to come.

Pros

I was an early adopter. I have a grandfathered rate that is very favorable. Zoho has been light on the resources of the end user devices. It has been very dependably available. It has less functionality on Macintosh computers but I am pleased to be able to be able to remotely assist Mac users from the same platform with PC users. It is very helpful that it has an option to remotely view the screens of IOS and Android users too. I like that Zoho has continued to add more features such as remote audio and printing.

Cons

I have 4 monitors and I dislike that I am unable to move the remote session screen to the monitor of my choosing. When I have multiple remote sessions operating simultaneously, I dislike that the machine name is not visible on each screen session - so I can locate it quickly. I dislike the way the "Choose Monitor" function has to be re-opened in a separate pop up each time. A dropdown showing pictures of all remote monitors simultaneously would be much easier. I believe their Customer Support hours are too short. I feel that Zoho Assist Support should be available 24/7/365 since the service is frequently in use by IT techs during off business hours.

SD

Shaun D.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Extremely useful and easy to use

This is one of our strongest support enhancements in our portfolio. Naturally, with the exponential increase in remote work since 2020, this tool "paid for itself" within the first few months of use. It is preferred over Teamviewer based on price and features. Same capabilities, better pricing, more integration with our other systems.

Pros

Zoho Assist integrates with our Zoho-powered ServiceDeskPlus. From our ticketing system, we can start remote support sessions affiliated with a specific ticket.

Cons

The SDP-integrated aspect doesn't seem to recognize our paid subscription, and sometimes limits features that would normally be available if the connection were started from the ZAssist desktop app.

JW

John W.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

First impressions are very good

I would definitely recommend giving Zoho Assist a go and I've had good remote access experience with the desktop app. When stuck, the available online help has pointed me in the right direction. Certainly much cheaper than TeamViewer and much more straight forward interface.

Pros

Free trial; low cost to get started; integrates with Azure AD for user login; multi-factor authentication; remote access for Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, as well as Windows.

Cons

Difficult initially to understand departments and groups, and how to move devices between them. The web viewer did not provide a reliable remote access experience (the display often froze or lagged by seconds making remote access control impossible) however not had any issue with desktop app.

RJ

Rey J.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Remote Access - Quickly & Affordable

For the most part, servers purpose completely 90% of the time.

Pros

Ease of deployment. Not a huge learning curve

Cons

Screen swaps - when having to switch to 2nd & 3rd screens

BH

Brandon H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Best ROI purchase I have made in a long time.

I have already recommended this program to friends who are in the IT industry

Pros

How I can easily control devices from my mobile device as well as my laptop. The unattended access is very seamless. The links for attended access are very user friendly, and the ability to actually interact with admin prompts via the new Service Permission feature that was recently rolled really makes it seamless after initiating connection with my users. The less they need to do and the more I can - that's a win for anyone experiencing an IT issue!

Cons

I wish it would automatically fill my monitors upon connection when it detects that the user has more than one monitor. It would be nice if the actions or tasks I choose to add to a remote session in notes; could be automatically synced and added to the spiceworks ticket I am working with them. If I could initiate a remote access session from my spiceworks helpdesk; and have it pickup the user and tie the notes into the ticket.. that would be amazing! but either way this is an Amazing product for the cost!! I have already recommended this program to friends who are in the IT industry.

AG

Alan G.

ZoHo Assist - Great for small IT Support business to support clients

During the pandemic ZoHo Assist has proved fantastic in support my clients whom are now having to work from home and not familiar with the various online tools that many businesses use. This has enabled me to 'jump' onto their PC's and give them a bit of training on an adhoc basis.

Pros

The easy that I can talk less experienced users through establishing a connection.

Cons

I am struggling to think of any cons for this software, especially at this price point. I've not had to use their support team as setup and use has been straightforward.

JW

Johnny W.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Few Things I was hoping...

Well i used couple devices and started unattended access... Now i nee to see the dat for billing purposes

Pros

I like this because we can record session and write tech notes... Its my 2nd day using this application but need to get used too... I will also need assistance in accounting and billling related questions how to round up and charge customers... My review will improve as soon as i get used to it.... I came to zoho from teamviewer and will need some assistance.. So far, its not too bad, just need to get used to and set it up right.

Cons

So far, i tried to make session with an IOS Iphone user... I look everywhere but cant seem to take control over the device but can only support viewing only... Can we take control over android or ios devices?

JB

James B.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Zoho Assist Unattended Access and Remote Support - a perfect COVID remedy

Pros

We deployed Zoho Assist Unattended Access and Remote Support in April, 2020 as a means of reducing face-to-face support interactions. We’ve found that not only were our technicians able to avoid excessive COVID exposure inside the office, they were also more productive and able to offer support for issues that we’d previously not had the time to address. When our primary remote access solution was...

Cons

The biggest feature missing from the package is true multi-monitor support, an option that has been promised for some time. Yes, you can switch between monitors using a keyboard shortcut or the mouse, but it’s nowhere near as efficient as being able to see both of an end-users monitors and once and interact with both of them at the same time. We hope the beta version of this feature makes it to production soon.

ST

Sandra T.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Microsoft Aquires Zoho for 10 Billion

ZOHO assist is golden

Pros

Title above is a prediction in the +- 5 year range. The pros of Zoho - the width, depth and maturity of their product range. By width i mean the functionality enabled across the entire range - - there isn't anything outside of the highend ERP systems that covers as much raw functionality. At the same time where they vary from the standard functionality e.g Office range. MS is the gold standard...

Cons

The modules are all distincy products within their own right - that means each product has all tables it requires to operate - this means customers and transactions need to sync to facilitate integrations, i havent actually had any significant issues with that process yet but it introduces concern re reconning stuff post disasster - also the folow between modules is not 1000% clear in my min.,. those areas concern me.

JH

John H.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Zoho Remote Assist Saves Money, Protects Profits and Ensures our Organization is setup for Success!

Pros

Zoho Assist is by far the best remote assistance solution that our team has used within our service territory. The ability to easily support our customers remotely and securely is paramount in our industry. The ability to remote assist across multiple devices and platforms including iOS and Android devices is a must have. The advanced tasks that allow for remote reboot while staying connected to the customers device, and more, saves time and works flawlessly. The brand specific communications that supports our corporate communications plan enables our organization to provide a consistent, seamless experience.

Cons

This has been the best tool we have used in our effort to support our customers. While there may be future enhancements that we may wish to be researched, at this point, this Zoho Assist solution sets our team up for success.

AD

Al D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Zoho Assist is straightforward and reliable. User and admin friendly as well.

Overall, Zoho Assist has worked great for myself and my support team.

Pros

Zoho Assist is fast, responsive and reliable. I've had no issues remoting into my customers computers - even those with 4 monitors.

Cons

I wish unattended access was included with this software.

NT

Nick T.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Solid product, works well for us

Pros

We moved over to this after trying TeamViewer and evaluating a few others like AnyDesk. We use the Unattended Access feature to support our PCs when they are out with customers and our customers ring for support. A simple but great feature is it's just so easy to ask the customer their laptop number and connect straight on, because we can easily access the whole list of devices from one screen. It's a good value option when you have a lot of devices to manage.

Cons

The technician's interface is browser based, and maybe for that reason it doesn't feel as instantaneoulsy responsive as desktop clients like AnyDesk. I suspect this would have more of an impact if you were doing graphics work remotely, but for us it doesn't really bother us. The file transfer interface could probably be improved to be more heavily integrated with the OS file browser.

MM

Manuel M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Zoho Assist great value for the money

I have been using it for years and love it, it would be nice to have a billing module to bill customers directly for their use of Zoho Assist.

Pros

Cost and features are the pros compared to the competition, no one comes close.

Cons

Customer service could improve, but they do respond