All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

BigTime

Time, billing, expense, payment, and project mgmt software

visit website

BigTime Reviews

Pros

I look forward to continuing to work with representative with helping me grow my knowledge of the software and utilize all of the great functions Bigtime has to offer. Thank you representative.

Derek C.

Read the full review
The customer service representatives are super knowledgeable, helpful and send articles from the Knowledge Base. For the price, I believe BigTime is a wonderful system that exceeds my expectations.

Darlene A.

Read the full review
I love that Big Time has the capability of integrating a variety of content that can help us organize systems and better perform.

kristen s.

Read the full review

Cons

This makes it difficult to integrate BT invoicing directly into QB data. A problem made even more difficult given that all of our projects to date have been invoiced from QB.

Christopher M.

Read the full review
Management denied my request. This is foolish, short sighted management.

Ginette R.

Read the full review
Timesheets dont get easily submitted, it gives errors which causes submissions to fail.

Jatin S.

Read the full review

Accounts Receivable/Accounting Manager BigTime Review (Not project management)

The training was really amazing. And the capabilities made it well worth the switch from Productive.

Pros

The customization and the ability to track just about anything you want for project management, profitability and invoicing. And the integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

I wish more fields were customizable. The handful that they allow you to rename are great, but more would be better! I wish there was a 45 day training session to ask questions that arise after using for a bit.

Onboarding

Pros

The onboarding process and support has been seamless so far and we expect to be fully converted in 60 days total.

Cons

Always room for improvement, but we haven't had any with BigTime yet. We need to sort out some details in our Quickbooks Desktop projects to align when integrating.

Bigtime

Overall this is for big company's with employees over 100 plus to time manage them but need a better system for invoicing.

Pros

I like that you are able to create your own engagements per client.

Cons

I least like the invoice part as it does not function how it is suppose too. There are to many steps for it to be integrated into QuickBooks.

Jenna, Thanks so much for this review- we really appreciate hearing from all our customers here at BigTime! We are very glad to hear that you're happy with our engagements and how you can create unique engagements per client, but we're sad to hear that you feel that invoicing is not working for you. There are many ways you can use BigTime's invoicing, and there are many help features that can help...

Great Customizable Software

In our month of using BigTime, our experience has been wonderful! Our Customer Success Manager is AMAZING! We ran into some logging in issues for a team member and she jumped right on getting it fixed for us! The software has been so beneficial for Project Management in the month we have been using it. We still have a training session left with our CSM at BigTime to learn more features it offers and we cannot wait to learn what else it has to offer!

Pros

That it is so customizable from just about every feature it offers. Easy to use. Intregrates with QuickBooks. The white glove service from our customer success manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. All of the report options and customizations Project Management and tracking on all aspects of a project. The Knowledge based section for finding information on how to use features.

Cons

That you cannot change the Project Fee to say Project Budget. This is just a preferred naming system for our company though, so not the end of the world that we could not change this.

Project Management Software +

Overall, we have had a very positive experience working with the BigTime team, and the software itself. All of our questions and concerns have been addressed as quickly as they arose.

Pros

BigTime is incredibly inexpensive and easy to get into compared to competing software. If you have a dedicated team, you could be implemented in as little as a month. The customer support has also been superb. I have really enjoyed working with the sales and implementation mangers. We decided on BigTime because we needed a Project Management software, and ended up with a slew of other features that has allowed us to cut out some other software subscriptions such as time tracking software.

Cons

The only thing I can say we really dislike about BigTime is not having a "clock-in, clock-out" function. Meaning the software does not record the time of day you start and end. Overall, the time tracking portion does not seem as detailed as Tsheets, our previous time tracking software.

Great Experience

We currently use BigTime for timekeeping, invoicing, and project management. The newest benefit that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] shared with us is being able to copy a project instead of having to create it from scratch. Thanks for the tip, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

Pros

Very user friendly! Ease of issuing invoices and ease of timekeeping. Of course, let us not forget the wonderful training that we received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

Cons

We would like to have a reminder sent to use for invoicing outside of our normal period. However, I understand that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will discuss this with us further.

Big Time is Big Value for small companies

I realize at a glance we can see valuable financial information. the ease of creating invoices if allowing for faster payments.

Pros

This software is easy to navigate, and is very user friendly to edit/customize for your companies specific needs

Cons

It takes time to set things up properly, but that is expected.

Powerful time and expense tracking, budget management, and invoicing software

Pros

BigTime is a very powerful time, expense, budget, and billing tracking software. It's fairly easy for employees to track time and expenses and offers powerful reporting capabilities and a lot of customization when drafting and sending invoices. The on-boarding experience was smooth, albeit a bit work intensive, and customer support continues to be extremely helpful and responsive. It integrates more completely with QuickBooks than the software we were using previously, so is helping us cut down on small bookkeeping issues we used to run in to.

Cons

We don't find the UI to be the most intuitive, and it lacks any visual images of the data or numbers. The capabilities of the software definitely outweigh these downsides, though.

Fantastic Implementation and Support Team

Outstanding experience and product!

Pros

The user friendliness of this software is great. The implementation team is absolutely top notch and made understanding the use of the software simple!

Cons

We have a complex billing structure, so customizing rates, mark-ups, etc was not as easy to accomplish without the help us the implementation team.

Time tracking tool is very easy to use!

Makes time entry a joy as opposed to a chore. Easy to use, and saves me quite a bit of time.

Pros

It took me months to learn how to use our previous time-tracking tool and I hated using it. It took me 5 minutes for BigTime and it is the easiest way to enter my time I ever experienced.

Cons

Making sure that a line is saved to be able to enter a new line. Just took me a few minutes to figure out.

Solid Platform for Professional Services Organizations

Automating, improving, and reducing time and cost required to process weekly time and expense. Providing reporting and audit-ability across the entire process with a few button clicks vs having to sort through manual data collection templates.

Pros

Overall, we have been very happy with BigTime and its use in support of our field consultants. Our production implementation went smoothly and their staff provided helpful training and support to assist us with our launch. In addition, we have been very pleased with the configurability of the platform - just about every time we wanted to do something a certain way, for example how we wanted to display...

Cons

We have no outstanding support tickets currently and we have only seen a few small glitches but once we bring them to the vendors attention there is usually a way to correct it or some type of acceptable workaround. As far as suggested areas we think they can improve upon, one would be having the ability to set up to send specific invoices to multiple customer contacts on the To: line. Another area...

David, First of all, thanks so much for posting this extensive review for us here at BigTime. It is most appreciated and valuable to get specific feedback from our users. We are pleased that you're finding the platform responsive and flexible enough to meet your needs and we are very pleased that both Jeff and Kevin have provided excellent support to you. Please do reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of further assistance in any way - we are always happy to help. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Experience was rough in the beginning. It would be VALUABLE for onboarding to be completed by someo

full integration with our financial software - invaluable... there are many great software solutions out there that do what they do fantastically, however they lack full detailed integration with financial software... not Big Time! BigTime allows you to manage workflow and not miss deadlines. You can quickly reassign work, monitor deadlines, track phone calls/messages, assign tasks, view work in progress, allocate work, and also track all financial functions related to this work inside your financial software. No more having to track accounts receivable and client payments in two systems. After spending 8 months with 2 people trying and testing multiple practice management solutions, Big Time was the best and satisfied all of the "critical" requirements.

Pros

The ability to communicate in detail with QBD and QBO. FYI to all who job cost... You CANNOT job cost in QBO. It is not a limitation of BigTime, it is a limitation of QBO. Which is what i mean by my partial experience answer above... (allow more text there).. if onboarding is completed with a premeeting checklist about the firms existing workflow and time management and by someone intimately familiar...

Cons

The wide range of terminology used in the software is confusing and causes errors to be made during implementation. Examples: Start Date and End Date... without these terms being defined you would think that start date is the day the work should begin and that End Date is the DUE DATE. Not so within Big Time. For recurring tasks, Start Date means Due Date in Big Time language. Another example:...

We use BigTime for Professional Services Automation. It is great for our multilevel company.

Our company is not able to more accurately and completely track time to be charged to a project. Our systems are now more automated and more paperless.

Pros

BigTime allows users from a variety of backgrounds to connect to the software from various platforms (desktop, laptop, smart phone) to track time per project, to track expenses on a daily basis with electronic submission of receipts, to run reports on time spent, to connect with external accounting software seamlessly.

Cons

the software has some limits on "naming" items that do not always correspond directly to our external software and do not fit within our company culture. (For example: In BigTime, billable means charged to the project, may invoiced or may not invoice. In our company culture, billable means an invoice will be sent for payment to the client.

Denise, Thank you so much for the review - we truly appreciate the time and the effort you've taken to let us know how our software is working for you. We're very happy to hear that BigTime is working for you throughout your organization and that you're able to use the software across several different platforms - we work hard to make that happen! We're very sorry to hear that some of the terminology...

The training sessions have been paramount to my success with using the software. Brea rocks!

Ease of use with Quickbooks integrations and lots of customizations for staff

Pros

Straight forward navigation on all tabs makes all operations easy. I like that all of the administrator functions are kept fairly simple; there are a lot of great ways to customize almost everything, without being overwhelming to learn. Most customizations are nice since you really only need to set them up once, then make small tweaks until everything is just right. The software will be very easy to train new employees to use. I love that it links to Quickbooks; I have so much less leg work than my previous software when it comes to data entry. So far a fairly smooth transition from the previous software.

Cons

While there are a lot of ways to customize the appearance of pages for employees, the invoices are still fairly restrictive. I find it odd that I can't change little things like: justifications (Overall message stuck in the center of the page and I can't indent it lower), and the job name is right justified and continues long names to the next line mid word sometimes; the color or boldness of each...

Flexible Project SetUp and QBO Integration

Pros

We support many different kinds of projects and contracts. We have T&M, Fixed Fee, Recurring and some Fixed Fee with a T&M Element. We like BigTime because it is easy to set up a project with tasks (line items) that match our contracting terms. Also, it is possible to set Cost and Bill rates at the Company, Project or even Task Level. This kind of flexibility makes it easy for us to produce invoices that match our contract setup. We also needed something with fairly tight QuickBooks Online integration. BigTime deliveres here also. Lastly, the reporting facility in BigTime is very usuable.

Cons

There is not really anything that I find I don't like. From time to time, I have a feature request for the BigTime team. They communicate very well regarding their roadmap.

Scott, We are so very thankful for your review - we really thank you for taking the time to post it. :) We are very happy that you're finding BigTime's flexible invoicing system able to provide what you need when it comes time to send your customers the bill. Also, we love that we can make it easy for you to setup your diverse projects with all their various bill rate structures and unique needs. The fact that you are utilizing our Quickbooks integration as well and it's working for your business, well, that's just icing on the cake! Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Good Basic system that is easy to use

Overall BigTime is a good system that works for what it is suppose to and is simple to use for someone that knows how to use a computer. We have been able to track hours against certain projects by person which helps us with cost estimating. I am sure there are plenty of good systems out there but I have been satisfied for my responsibility when using BigTime.

Pros

The ability to pull out job lists with titles is very convenient for having team review meetings. You are able to pull out most reports into excel and filter and sort from there. Having the task status is very useful for those who utilize that feature. My office does not take full advantage of the capabilities this system offers but does work for us when being used.

Cons

For the new Gantt chart feature I have not been able to use very much but am disappointed it is not able to be exported into excel like the other reports. The difficulty with this system is that it is only as good as your weakest link. For my office enforcing full participation is difficult and that prevents us from taking full advantage. I do not work in accounting but apparently it does not sync as well as it used to for quick books and other software. This makes work duplicated on that end which is really inconvenient. Another item that is irritating is when pulling complete job list you have to do it a certain way or else it will not pull old jobs that you were not listed as team member for. That caused some confusion/concern during review meetings.

Cloud Based Time & Project Tracking for CPA firm

Does what I need - staff have no problems at all entering time and it does all we need to track returns and who has what

Pros

I chose this software since cloud based access and integration with Lacerte and Quickbooks, my staff has found it easy to use.

Cons

Reports are very, very generic and lacking compared to other programs I have used

Steve, Thanks so very much for posting a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased that you are finding the software and its integration features easy to use and that the software is providing the services that you and your staff require to get the job done. Regarding your statement about the reports in BigTime, you are correct - they are very generic, by design. BigTime services many different industries, so the reports are generic to provide basic information across the board. However, they are also infinitely customizable! You can review some of the ways you can customize your reports in BigTime via the following webinar: https://youtu.be/R6juDAuEgNE We hope this helps! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

I still recommend this product after having using it for 10 years

Time tracking, expense reports and invoicing all comes out of the same information that is entered in one place: BigTime We use QuickBooks for accounting and the BigTime information flows easily into QuickBooks at a nightly synchronization.

Pros

The ease of use and setup, management and flawless connection to QuickBooks to post information and allow us to invoice clients, print and pay expense reports and collect project information in an easy to use project database. Time tracking is a breeze and built in reports allow us to view important information with a few clicks.

Cons

That the BigTime monitor is not a service but it requires an account to be always signed in in order to run. I hope it can be converted to a service that we don't have to worry about.

Mary, Thanks so much for your review - hearing good things from our customers always makes us happy, but hearing good things from our customers from the past decade really makes our year! :) We're very pleased to hear that we're doing things well in your book and we're going to try really hard to keep doing so and maintain your positive impression of us. Regarding the Sync Manager, it's actually the security requirements of Quickbooks that prevents us from creating a stand-alone service, so as long as Quickbooks keeps their security as is, then our hands are unfortunately tied. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, or if we can assist in anyway! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Big Time

Time and Expense reporting for employees who work in different sites. Invoicing has simplified our billing system.

Pros

Ease of use for time reporting, expense tracking, invoicing and tracking jobsites. Mobile App.

Cons

Mobile App is very limited and a lot of glitches.

Lori, Thanks so much for posting a review for us here at BigTime - we really appreciate your time and your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're finding the software easy to use for the tracking of your time and expenses, as well as invoicing and making things easier on the go. If you're having difficulty with the mobile app, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance and let your Customer Success Rep know too and we'll see what we can do to help. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Bigtime Review

My company is able to use Bigtime for time and job management. All of our employees utilize it and is pretty user friendly. Customer support is extremely important to me and I have been working with representative who is the Manager for Customer Success and she has been great to work with! Without her support I would not have been able to learn how to utilize all of the functions that are beneficial for our business. I look forward to continuing to work with representative with helping me grow my knowledge of the software and utilize all of the great functions Bigtime has to offer. Thank you representative!

Pros

I like the functionality and how we were able to have some custom features made that are helpful for my job/company and how we use Bigtime.

Cons

I don't like that there are some advanced features offered but they are not completely working when I try to set them up.

Derek, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased to hear that your interactions with Chris are helping you to understand all of our software's functionality and how you can apply your business processes to it. This is great to hear! As well, be sure and check out our Knowledge Base, which has hundreds of detailed articles on all of BigTime's functionality - these articles will prove to be invaluable as you continue to learn about BigTime's advanced features: http://kb.bigtime.net/ We hope this helps, and thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

BigTime is a huge asset

Pros

I have been using BigTime for about 6 months now and could not be happier. In my previous company, I purchased a time tracking software for my employees and bookkeeping and it was a disaster. It didn't integrate with Quickbooks, was cumbersome to use, fouled up our taxes and was extremely expensive. Conversely, BigTime has been a huge breath of fresh air. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allows...

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change

BigTime saves the time in timekeeping!

If you want to have the confidence in the accuracy of how many hours you bill your client for a certain project or if you want your employees to save time in creating their timesheet, choose BigTime!

Pros

BigTime saved us from doing biologs, logging out and also the need of us to keep track by ourselves the time we spent for a single project. It is an online application where you can input how many hours did you consume just to create or to lead a single project versus the other projects that you are doing. BigTime saved me more time in logging in and logging out, and also keeping track with how many hours of work I did for the day.

Cons

What I don't like about BigTime is that sometimes when you submit your timesheet, it creates duplicates times. So instead of just sending 40 hours of work in a week sometimes it gets doubled or tripled.

Eman, Thanks so much for posting a review for us here - we really appreciate everything you have to say and your taking the time to post a review. :) We are very pleased that our software is saving you time and freeing you up to do your job and run your business - that's precisely what we created BigTime to do! Regarding your duplication of time, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team (support@bigtime.net) if this persists, as this is definitely not the norm for BigTime functionality. We'd be happy to help out and get this corrected. :) Feel free to reach out to us on the Customer Success Team as well. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Great interface for timesheets and expense reports

Pros

I like the intuitive interface that generally does not confuse me. I also like that if I have a specific question, I can typically get it answered quickly through the support team.

Cons

1. I would love to have access to timesheet and expense review through the app on my phone 2. I would love a more hands on 'onboarding' process where someone really walked through the interface with Quickbooks for us as business owners

Kate, First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of Big Time - your review means a whole lot to us! We're very pleased that you've had a positive experience with both our intuitive software and our responsive support. :) Regarding Timesheet/Expense approval on the mobile app, we understand completely and you're not alone - other users are asking too, and we hope...

Excellent time management and customizable invoicing system

We were looking for a solid time management and invoicing system and were hard pressed to find something that was really specific and tailored and not a huge SAP system. BigTime was an amazing find! The system is easy to configure, easy to use and the support has been amazing. We're very happy with the system.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to configure, brandable and great support

Cons

Wish the documentation for the custom invoices was stronger.

Chris, Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave us a review here at BigTime! We really do appreciate it and we're super excited that you're finding our software so easy to use, configure and brand! We're also very pleased that your experiences with our Support Team have been positive as well - we work very hard to make sure that is the case. Please do let us know if there's anyway we can serve you more (or better)! Thanks, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Big Time Switch from Timeslips after 20+Years

Pros

It is bendable once you figure out exactly what you need it to do. Customer Support works with you to get to your end goal. I am particularly pleased with the ongoing support have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who handles every support ticket with Support, Satisfaction and Complete Competence . Her knowledgebase is clearly an asset to her customers and what she is unsure of, she escalates and does not spin her or your wheels wasting time, which is a precious commodity in the World of REMOTE WORK Space.

Cons

Its inability to perform some task that I am used to which is to be expected in a switch form one system to the next.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.