BigTime Reviews

4.57/5 (390 reviews)

Rhonda Reed

Experience was rough in the beginning. It would be VALUABLE for onboarding to be completed by someo

Reviewed 2017-11-06

full integration with our financial software - invaluable... there are many great software solutions out there that do what they do fantastically, however they lack full detailed integration with financial software... not Big Time! BigTime allows you to manage workflow and not miss deadlines. You can quickly reassign work, monitor deadlines, track phone calls/messages, assign tasks, view work in progress, allocate work, and also track all financial functions related to this work inside your financial software. No more having to track accounts receivable and client payments in two systems. After spending 8 months with 2 people trying and testing multiple practice management solutions, Big Time was the best and satisfied all of the "critical" requirements.The ability to communicate in detail with QBD and QBO. FYI to all who job cost... You CANNOT job cost in QBO. It is not a limitation of BigTime, it is a limitation of QBO. Which is what i mean by my partial experience answer above... (allow more text there).. if onboarding is completed with a premeeting checklist about the firms existing workflow and time management and by someone intimately familiar with the industry that is using BigTime the cons below could be addressed upfront. The team at BigTime were difficult to get a hold of but once they were aware they worked like crazy to get us setup and working in the time frame we had. We moved our QBO file back to QBD (we had to do the testing on our own because the team at BT didn't know why job costing wasn't working in QBO) Once we moved back to QBD the job costing, invoicing, payroll work like a charm inside QBD. Hands down, it is the best integration with QBD of any practice management software out there... We had 2 people who spent 8 months testing many software solutions... most were lacking at least 1 "critical" requirement... Big Time was not. As we become aware and work through things like "terminology" we are becoming more and more confident in the workflow and keeping track of what is due when and who has what and what state the work is in. This is key as we go into tax season but also something we cannot live without on a day to day basis as 95% of our work is recurring on various time schedules. Thank yo

Denise Teague

We use BigTime for Professional Services Automation. It is great for our multilevel company.

Reviewed 2018-04-15

Our company is not able to more accurately and completely track time to be charged to a project. Our systems are now more automated and more paperless. BigTime allows users from a variety of backgrounds to connect to the software from various platforms (desktop, laptop, smart phone) to track time per project, to track expenses on a daily basis with electronic submission of receipts, to run reports on time spent, to connect with external accounting software seamlessly.

Sonia Griffith

The training sessions have been paramount to my success with using the software. Brea rocks!

Reviewed 2017-06-08

Ease of use with Quickbooks integrations and lots of customizations for staffStraight forward navigation on all tabs makes all operations easy. I like that all of the administrator functions are kept fairly simple; there are a lot of great ways to customize almost everything, without being overwhelming to learn. Most customizations are nice since you really only need to set them up once, then make small tweaks until everything is just right. The software will be very easy to train new employees to use. I love that it links to Quickbooks; I have so much less leg work than my previous software when it comes to data entry. So far a fairly smooth transition from the previous software.

Mary Zamora

I still recommend this product after having using it for 10 years

Reviewed 2018-05-18

Time tracking, expense reports and invoicing all comes out of the same information that is entered in one place: BigTime We use QuickBooks for accounting and the BigTime information flows easily into QuickBooks at a nightly synchronization.The ease of use and setup, management and flawless connection to QuickBooks to post information and allow us to invoice clients, print and pay expense reports and collect project information in an easy to use project database. Time tracking is a breeze and built in reports allow us to view important information with a few clicks.

Shannon Dodge

BigTime is a huge asset

Reviewed 2015-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been using BigTime for about 6 months now and could not be happier. In my previous company, I purchased a time tracking software for my employees and bookkeeping and it was a disaster. It didn't integrate with Quickbooks, was cumbersome to use, fouled up our taxes and was extremely expensive. Conversely, BigTime has been a huge breath of fresh air. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allows me to easily track my time, expenses, and create invoices. I can readily see where I am with project budgets verses time spent and can easily gauge when it is time to bill. I am now a sole proprietor and have to wear all of the hats of the business. Having BigTime has been an indispensable tool in being able to manage the "business" side of the business easily and efficiently. The customer service (specifically through my personal Account Manager) is outstanding. If I ever have a question, he has solved it through timely and knowledgeable feedback or it has been resolved with a quick online chat with support. As you can tell, I can't say enough about this software and am so glad that I found it (and wish I would have found it sooner).

Eman Jucutan

BigTime saves the time in timekeeping!

Reviewed 2018-08-30

If you want to have the confidence in the accuracy of how many hours you bill your client for a certain project or if you want your employees to save time in creating their timesheet, choose BigTime!BigTime saved us from doing biologs, logging out and also the need of us to keep track by ourselves the time we spent for a single project. It is an online application where you can input how many hours did you consume just to create or to lead a single project versus the other projects that you are doing. BigTime saved me more time in logging in and logging out, and also keeping track with how many hours of work I did for the day.

Kate Henry

Great interface for timesheets and expense reports

Reviewed 2018-01-24

I like the intuitive interface that generally does not confuse me. I also like that if I have a specific question, I can typically get it answered quickly through the support team.

Anonymous

BigTime: The Best Timekeeping and Expense Reporting Tool Out There!

Reviewed 2018-08-02

BigTime is easy to set-up. Employees submitting their timesheet also likes it rather than the manual input to excel that they are doing because bigtime is a web-based program. The synchronization it has with QuickBooks as well is perfect and strong!BigTime is the easiest timekeeping and expense reporting tool I had so far! Before we just used excel (manual) to track on how many hours a specific employee allocated his or her shift time to a particular project. Since our firm is getting bigger, we can no longer assign just one project to a single person, some have 2 or more projects, and it is hard to account how many billable hours we will be charging to the client, accurately. Bigtime helped us with that. It is also easy for us to synchronize it to QuickBooks. This greatly reduced the time we usually do in manually entering clients, project names or jobs, expense types, and category of labour. Plus the changes or the updates we incorporate in QuickBooks are immediately reflected in BigTime as well.

Mike Avery

Data Visibility And Project Cost Management

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Overall, BigTime has been easy to do business with and the software has optimize our back office. The front end time and expense reporting system allowed us to kill static Excel forms and provide our users with a clean modern interface to start the data entry process. BigTime allowed us to optimize how we track project dollars and hours. In the past we would manually enter the data multiple times to different forms and systems - it was always out of date static information. Now, we enter the data once and have real-time access to project costs and hours. The data flows to invoices, reimbursements, and reports.

Tammy Chavez

Bookeeper/Office Manager

Reviewed 2018-11-07

My overall experience with BigTime is "Super Amazing", I just spoke to support team with BigTime Support this morning and they were so helpful! All the staffers are so friendly and understanding even when I keep asking the same questions over and over again because I just can not seem to grasp it! At times support has had to share a screen with me because I am not explain or using the correct terminology and yet they still have a great sense of support and understanding. There are so many great things about BigTime but my favorite is the support and reports you can create.

Alyssa Friesen

Does its job with

Reviewed 2018-05-09

The integration with Quickbooks makes our lives much easier. The support staff is really good too - they always get back in a timely manner. The integrated task timer is a nice feature as well.

Josephine Klingler

Review of BigTime After a Month

Reviewed 2017-03-15

After reviewing four options for Time and Expense Tracking software we decided on BigTime for two reasons: Ease of Use and Invoice Templates. The Time and Expense entry for the engineers in our office was intuitive and easy to learn. The mobile app works very well and is used more than we anticipated. From the administrative aspect the setup is relatively easy and the user interface is easy to follow and understand. I really like how the screens navigate from one to the other and how I can customize what I want to see on each screen. The clicking on the column headings to view the information in varies ways is great. We create about 50 - 60 invoices each month where the format may vary depending on the client for each one. BigTime does a good job of providing a base of invoice templates with the flexibility customize. The one thing that is really missing from the invoicing option is the ability to display the Total Cumulative Amount Invoiced as of the current invoice (prior amount + current invoice amount). I have requested this change and hopefully it will be added. The last aspect is customer support. Two training sessions were included in the software subscription. The first one was good for the very basic information, maybe a little too basic. The second session was much more informative that gave us some good practices to use with BigTime (Brea was very knowledgeable in both). The day to day support seems short handed. Most of the time you have to send an email and wait for a response which could take hours or the next day. As a new user that was a little frustrating. I don't necessarily need to talk to someone on the phone but a live chat would be great to get an answer and move on. That is the one area that I would recommend BigTime address. Overall we are happy with our decision to go with BigTime and I would recommend BigTime to others. The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn

Amy Wolff

Big Time Review

Reviewed 2018-10-15

I really love Bigtime because of the customer support. Without that this would be extremely challenging. I hope there will be more development to make the program more fluid for various types of projects.Simple interface, fairly user friendly, and customer support!

Michelle Hyde

Big Time Migration

Reviewed 2018-09-06
Review Source: Software Advice

We were switching from an antiquated time & expense software that had reduced technical support to the point where we were almost at a standstill. Big Time was easy to use and set up and we had great support from our account executive from the initial demo all the way through our trial period to quickly getting us set up. Our office has breathed a sigh of relief at having a more nimble and intuitive product to record time & expenses. We were able to quickly set up clients due to the ease of integration from Quickbooks. We love the ability to change reports easily based on what is useful for us and to be able to adjust invoices fairly easily based on what each of our clients like to see. Our staff training has so far been quite minimal as it was easily picked up by everyone. We are in the early stages so we might run into problems later but so far so good. This program also has the flexibility to help us figure payroll overtime with reports rather than having to wrangle the information from an excel type exercise. We have not used this software for any project management type of viewpoint and there are probably better programs out there if that is your mail goal for roughly the same price. However, if you are looking for a time & expense recording, payroll and invoicing program -- especially if Quickbooks integration is also a pro -- then this is a good bet. We have not had to go back to technical support very often as the program is very easy to pick up on. There are lots of options for invoicing looks as well so you will be able to find something that will work for you. There are some quirks or shortcuts that the program uses so please use the set up team and don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand because they are very responsive.Ease of Use for time entry and set up Technical Support Mobile App Quickbooks integration for both online and Enterprise version

Anonymous

At last we could prioritize our client support in proper way

Reviewed 2018-07-29

It was a good quick option to organize our support team billing.One of our projects is in support stage. Team of 15 people is still there on all lines of support. The deal is that requests from our clients are coming at random moment of time and require from 1 hour to several days to handle. I feel with BigTime it came to more order. Now we can form kind of backlog of client requests and also track time people spend for their processing. For clients that have series of similar requests, we are able to find past communication history and get all required stakeholders together to sort out things once and forever. From other side, some of clients have paid support contract with us. As they see how each of their requests is priced at the realtime they also prioritize their requests in more smart way.

bridget duarte

Efficiency that is well worth the money.

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Project management efficiency Bigtime gives us the ability to manage our projects time and expenses more efficiently and work together cohesively as a team.

Sharon Austin

Easy to use and to get support

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Ease of use and prompt service, the invoicing and time tracking is invaluable. Budget monitoring is easy too and the connection to Quickbooks is perfect!

Mike Troiano

Long time users. Software works will and employees like it

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Chance to comment directly to the companyEasy to understand for the end user and easy to administer. Sync function works as designed and interface has improved with phone app and new version.

Aaron Dick

Bigtime is a game changer for design budgeting, billing and project management

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Managing our time and invoicing more efficiently and put it into a functioning system and process rather than just using spreadsheets.This software has really made it possible to track everything in one place and it can easily be customized to fit your type of business and how you operate. The customer service is second to none. The initial training is top notch and they can walk you through everything to help you get set up. They are quick to respond and get you through every problem you encounter along the way. Worth every penny

Charlotte Garvey

Expense/Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-10-11

That it sync with our Quickbooks account, makes tracking time and expenses easy and accessible to our employees who work in the field, and the support team is always prompt and helpful.

Erin Pilcher

BigTime saves me hours of work. My employees are able to input everything with ease.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

Reporting and ease of access to all of my data. BigTime saves me hours of work. My company used to input everything by hand in excel, and now I am able to have my employees enter their own hours. I can pull reports and keep track of all of our projects with ease. I print reports weekly and have Project Managers review them all to make sure we are in line with budgets and our schedules. I am able to have separate tasks under each job and even move hours with ease if needed. Employees submit their time sheets and I have the ability to reject them if needed. I love that employees are also able to access BigTime from home too. If someone is out of the office and I need time sheets, they can log right in and submit them for me to process payroll.

Terri Kauten

BigTime review

Reviewed 2018-08-23

I use it daily, and I do like the system. There is a lot I don't know how to use, but hope to get more familiar with it.It is user friendly once you get to know the system. I hope to be able to get myself more familiar with it.

Al Oomens

BigTIme makes time and expense tracking easy.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

The web interface works well and is very intuitive to use. Since it is cloud based you can aceess it from any web browser.

Rose Jimenez

Awesome

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Helping us manage our task easier.Reports are also much easier to create and change and drill down on.The chat feature. Customer support are awesome and always help you work through the issues

Robin Self

could be better

Reviewed 2018-11-28

that things stay in place from one week to the next