BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy) Logo

BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

The all-in-one expense management solution.

BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy) Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.28/10

Reviews by rating

Divvy integrates with Quickbooks which is super helpful. Divvy rewards program fits our organization much better than previous rewards programs.
Very user friendly and the ability to track and capture departmental expenditures is excellent. Customer service is always available and very helpful when I call.
Stable, secure, and very intuitive app that helps you to track all the receipts. The ability to issue virtual cards.
The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts.
A little hard to figure out how budgets and card limits and other maximums interact. What they also really need to add: vendor restriction.

Jason Alexander C.

Founder & CEO

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Show me your corporate card and I'll show you your company's future

Transcript

Jason C: Hi, I'm Jason. I'm an executive at a culture consulting company, and I give Divvy a five out...

BJ

Bailey J.

COO

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Divvy - business credit cards as they should be

Transcript

Bailey J: Hi, I'm Bailey. I'm the COO for a medical device company, and I give Divvy a five out of five....

Mandi W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Divvy is a LIFESAVER!

WAAAAYYYY easier to track spending. Receipts are all in one place. Staff is able to take more ownership and complete reimbursement requests and expense tracking on the go through the app. Wonderful that it syncs with their bank accounts so disbursing reimbursements is a breeze.

Pros

Divvy was easy to set up and is easy for our whole staff to use. Our previous expense management was done more manually, was time consuming, harder for staff to use, and an all around pain. Divvy alleviated all those problems!

Cons

The only thing I dislike is not being able to sync reimbursements in QB online the same way credit card expenses can be synced. It's definitely not a deal breaker, but more time consuming for sure to have to download the reimbursements, format the csv and upload in QB, vs just hitting "sync" like you can do with the credit card expenses.

AM

Anna M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great program, simplifies expense tracking!

even though its a newer company, we love Divvy. Their customer service and support teams always do their best to make it a comfortable process for all users.

Pros

simplifies expense tracking, reimbursements, receipt collecting, approval process

Cons

its newer so working out bugs still. I don't really think this is a big con, but its what I could think of

JF

Jeffrey F.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

OK product, questionable tactics used for acquisition

They promised the world to get us to switch over to their service. We have problems and their standard response is that they are always improving service. Failed to deliver on a promise their sales rep made on the phone .

Pros

We can match spending to budget lines and adjust them on the fly

Cons

the software is very buggy. at least several times per week, the approval process for spending gets hung up using the mobile phones. We very frequently (more than once per week, have charges declined when paying our vendors. The ACH and Bill Pay process work very, badly.

AH

Ashley H.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

A Fantastic Expense Report Tool

Pros

I love the automation it creates for all of our expense reports. I also love the ability to make changes to spending limits, or accounts directly on the website. Any other card, we would have to get on the phone with customer service to make these changes, which was headache and a waste of time. I love the digital cards we can create for our online payments/ transactions.

Cons

The recurring vs one-time limits were hard to get used to. This has improved over the last couple of years though.

AA

Aaron A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Divvy is amazing!!!

We are now much more efficient. No more looking for 3-4 different software to handle all our needs because Divvy does them all in a perfect way.

Pros

Best expense software I have ever used. Our time reviewing and/or approving expenses is now cut in half. No more reimbursements. The budget features are also amazing. We have been looking for a better way to budget our expenses and Divvy does an amazing job at budget management.

Cons

I kinda wish we had to pay for it to let them know how much we appreciate it. It's that good.

JP

Julieann P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Happy Divvy user

For both Admin and card holders, the whole experience is so fast and intuitive. Adoption was super easy, even for the people that didn't have the old software straight 2 years in. This has even made communications between regions and the National office more fun.

Pros

Ease of use for cardholders and ease of data sync between software and card were revolutionary in our office.

Cons

We're pretty sophisticated users and did not get everything we wanted out of the box. The software has been developing rapidly (and we have been able to help influence that) which makes it better. The gaps are closing. But the only true negative for us is that we dont' quite get it ALL the way we want it so far.

DS

Davaun S.

Construction, self-employed

Good business tool

Happy with my experience. Compared to other software, Divvy is definitely recommended

Pros

I like how this software made managing my expenses easy.

Cons

The most difficult process was connecting business account information.

GS

Grant S.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

You should use Divvy, seriously.

I went from caputuring around 35% of my receipts using other methods to a 95% capture rate. This brings peace of mind that we know where our funds are being spent and that they are categorized correctly and backed up by documentation.

Pros

This is a huge time saver from an administrative standpoint. The end user experience is really simple and intuitive. I feel confident I have documentation and accuracy in my expenses.

Cons

There needs to be a reporting function for reimbursements.

DA

David A.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Divvy is an excellent resource

Pros

The UI on mobile app is very user friendly. It's free. And it saves considerable time compared to traditional expense and spend management solutions.

Cons

I have no substantive critiques... it might be nice to have a notification setting for reimbursement requests, I haven't seen that in the app.

CR

Chris R.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Divvy is great!

Divvy has enabled us to proactively manage our credit card spend and streamline the user reporting as well as the related back-office processes.

Pros

Innovative credit card/expense platform.

Cons

Still early in development of administrator interface and advanced features, but maturing rapidly.

AH

Andrew H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Really friendly sales team and support tries hard as well

I like the product in theory and the team was great to work with, but the product is too complicated for its own good.

Pros

The ease of signing up and how friendly everyone is

Cons

A lot of the settings are confusing. They require you to set budgets per some 'best in class' methodology, but all we wanted to do was use a credit card. It was way too difficult. There are also a lot of catches like rewards not being available for a year by default or foreign txn fees. Some of the role permissions are also configured oddly (likely for our book keeper -- the book keeper permission didn't give her access to all transactions, particularly reimbursements, so I had to make her an admin).

CJ

Caleb J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Divvy - Allows us to Manage our Expenses with effectiveness

Pros

1) Dashboard for all transactions - allows us to work on what needs completed and then publish to QBO. 2) Automatic notifications - allows us to request receipts and categorization from cardholders in seconds. 3) Virtual cards - allows us to automate transaction entry, manage overspend with our vendors, and minimize and mitigate fraud with our expenses. If a card gets compromised we turn off that one virtual card and then create a new one within seconds.

Cons

There aren't many features built yet for Accounting Firms to manage their list of clients. There isn't good features like Ramp & Brex to text the categorization details, notes, and receipts on the transactions.

CT

Casey T.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Divvy Cannot Be Beat for Small to Mid-sized Businesses

Divvy's support is amazing. They chat back extremely quickly and are so polite and professional. Their product is unmatched. I've tried tons of different business cards and none of them had the features that Divvy does.

Pros

I really like how easy to use the web app and mobile app are and how quickly I can create a new budget with a set amount of funds, as well as a new card (either virtual or physical). The software and hardware cohesion is unmatched and I love how easy it is. The best part is that once I set it up, I don't have to mess with it very often. I just know that they'll keep all my budgets and funds the way I set it up.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to automatically categorize (for my taxes) based on merchant. Right now, you can set up automatic categorization based on budgets, but sometimes I'll use one budget for multiple vendors. Other than that, I really have no complaints.

WS

Wayne S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Divvy Changed My Company

Life changing.

Pros

Divvy has made it possible for my business to expand as quickly as I need it to without the burden of cost. A great rewards program is the cherry on top of what is a tremendous service that I plan on never leaving.

Cons

The site breaks on rare occasion. This usually only requires a refresh of the browser, but can still be inconvenient.

Juan B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The perfect solution to simplify and control your business expenses

My overall experience has been tremendously positive. Since the moment I joined this platform, I have felt a great relief when it comes to managing business expenses. The combination of my credit card and the intuitive software has greatly simplified the entire process.

Pros

What I liked the most about this application is the ease and convenience it offers when it comes to managing business expenses. Using his credit card and intuitive software, he was able to automate the entire process of expense reporting, budgeting, and reimbursement. I no longer have to deal with mountains of receipts and endless spreadsheets, now everything is automatically recorded and organized.

Cons

Although in general I loved the experience with this platform, there is one aspect that could be improved. Sometimes I have experienced some technical difficulties with the software, such as platform errors or delays in loading information. Although these problems are not frequent and the support team has always been attentive and quick to solve any problem.

We appreciate your feedback Juan. We are happy to hear that our software is the perfect solution and has made managing your expenses easier. We apologize for the difficulties and frustrations that come along with technical difficulties with the software and the delay that it causes with loading data. We are glad that your overall experience has been positive. If you need to reach out in the feature please contact us at 1(855)229-3111.

PE

Preston E.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Divvy - Best There Ever Was

Pros

Divvy is an incredibly useful platform that makes managing your company spend an absolute breeze. It is so easy to use too! Everyone in our company uses Divvy, and it requires very minimal training. You have tons of capabilities as an administrator to put controls in place and to monitor all of your company's spending habits at a glance. The reporting and filter options are fantastic! Don't know where we'd be without Divvy!

Cons

There truly is not that much to dislike about Divvy; however, if I did have to say one thing, it would be that I've encountered (a handful of times) moments where the mobile app or browser app has been unresponsive or hasn't been performing as you would expect it to. Divvy is constantly working on its apps, though, so this never stays around for long.

KG

Kelly G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Divvy is BY FAR the best product for expenses!

Divvy is AMAZING! Their customer service team is very well trained. From implementation to my managing representative to regular customer service - Their team is top notch.

Pros

Divvy is easy to use for users and admins alike. The setup is very easy to do, and my organization was able to hit the ground running from the day we had cards in hand.

Cons

The only con is that it doesn't integrate with QuickBooks Desktop. There is a workaround that is very helpful. I am just waiting for the day when I can use it with Desktop.

HF

Harrison F.

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Great Product, Feedback does not make it to the decision makers.

super fast close process, easy for employees to use.

Pros

ease of use, ability to assign funds fast and instantly (on the road even on my app). 100% card integration

Cons

approval workflows aren't greatno ability to send push notifications for "needs approval" why on earth is that not fixed?automated push notification on phone should be every 48 - 72 hours. (concur does this).once a week emails are spotty (dont actually send) and most of my managers have no idea they have something to approve. 1st round with production implementation specialist was lazy, non-responsive, "Goal of 24 hour response time" was a pathetic goal and was more like 2-3-4 days. by that time the context of the email was misunderstood and issues had to be repeated, repeated, repeated, new customer manager seems a lot better and Salesman Michael Gleason was always great.

JT

Jonathon T.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Great program!

Mostly positive. Hard to work with on the credit side and my account manager which is the one that seems to be able to actually make some big decisions doesn’t seem to care about responding or helping out company.

Pros

Easy to use and gives great control over employee spending.

Cons

Sometimes the account manager isn’t very responsive, but their everyday customer reps are great. Don’t appreciate their Methods for extending credit To businesses and paying them through their portal is laughable. I’ve never had a company limit how much I can pay them each day.

DB

Donna B.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Divvy is a great product to use to implement a paperless A/P process

Divvy has increased our cash back on our credit card transactions and has allowed us to transition to a paperless A/P system. We use their bill pay service and upload all of our invoices to their system and we don't have to pay anything to use Divvy.

Pros

The ease of querying past credit card transactions and invoices is impressive. The ability to save invoices and mark how they were paid is crucial to being paperless and works great in Divvy.

Cons

I haven't found a good way of showing that budget owners have approved expenses.

AW

Austin W.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Divvy - easy to use interface with great tools for managing company spend

Divvy has saved our team so much time in categorizing transactions and feeding into our month close process. It's been easy to use, and any complications we've run into have quickly been resolved through Divvy's great customer support team!

Pros

I love how easy it is to get employees started using their card and coding expenses. It's an intuitive interface, and saves time in training employees on how to use the platform.

Cons

Divvy has a lot of great features, but since the company is still relatively new, there are still a lot of other features that have yet to be released, but they are constantly rolling out great new features. So any deficiencies it currently has will soon be resolved.

IA

Isaiah A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

One of the best ways to manage the finances of a large group!

This service has helped us keep track of spending and manage finances in an easy and efficient manner!

Pros

The website and app are well-designed and easy to navigate. The site is fast and I am able perform tasks without many slow-downs.

Cons

Issues popped up occasionally with my users not being able to login due to a Date of Birth entry problem. Some physical cards were not delivered properly.

Thank you for you feedback Isaiah. We are glad to hear that our software makes managing the finances of a large group more efficient for you. We apologize for any frustrations you experience with logins issues due to date of birth entry and cards not getting delivered. We are happy that the service helps tack spending and in the future if you need any assistance please reach out 1(855)229-3111

JE

John E.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great credit card platform

I am the credit card admin for the company I work for and we love using Divvy. It has made keeping up with CC transactions and receipts so easy. The ability to allocate funds to individual budgets and card holders has made it easy to control how much everyone can spend. Reconciling CC transactions to your other financial platforms is also a snap.

Pros

Receipt capture, spend is immediately available, virtual cards

Cons

The rewards has a requirement to spend 30% of available limit to receive the reward. This could be done away with. Also the rewards should have more value if using as a statement credit or cash back.

CC

Cassie C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

We love divvy for our crews

We really like the budget feature for our crews. We are able to set monthly budgets for each person which has helped us to cut expense costs.

Pros

We love that we can assign budgets. It has really helped us to track expenses per job. The receipt feature is probably our most favorite part of Divvy. Having the ability to simply take a picture of your receipt and have it uploaded on the spot has greatly cut down missing and unreadable receipts. This is a major plus for a construction company.

Cons

Sometimes the upload feature won't work. However they have recently upgraded this feature to allow admins to upload receipt pictures for other user. So when the upload won't work for my guys in the field they simply send the picture to me and I can enter it.

CM

Carrie M.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Finally a Credit Card with All the Features We need and More!

We have had a great experience with Divvy. It has made accounting much easier as well as purchasing. The points are an awesome perk as well.

Pros

We are so pleased with this software. The Quickbooks Desktop integration is key and the ability to add as many vendor cards as we need has made reconciling a breeze. The ability to approve funds request instantly is also a huge feature for us.

Cons

I did run into an issue where if we split a transaction to categorize it under different expense accounts when the transaction is synced it splits into two separate entries. This does not work for us so we no longer use the split feature. The work around we currently use is to enter notes about splitting the transaction then we edit it in quickbooks after we sync the transaction.