Divvy Logo
Divvy

Spend management and business cards made simple.

visit website

Divvy Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.17/10

See full reviews by rating

The budgeting features are great and allow me to put myself in a better position both financially as well as educationally as I am able to see things more clearly.
Very user friendly and the ability to track and capture departmental expenditures is excellent. Customer service is always available and very helpful when I call.
We very frequently (more than once per week, have charges declined when paying our vendors. The ACH and Bill Pay process work very, badly.
A little hard to figure out how budgets and card limits and other maximums interact. What they also really need to add: vendor restriction.

BJ

Bailey J.

COO

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Divvy - business credit cards as they should be

Transcript

Bailey J: Hi, I'm Bailey. I'm the COO for a medical device company, and I give Divvy a five out of five....

Jason Alexander C.

Founder & CEO

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Show me your corporate card and I'll show you your company's future

Transcript

Jason C: Hi, I'm Jason. I'm an executive at a culture consulting company, and I give Divvy a five out...

Brett W.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Great Company Spend & Budgeting Tool

We wanted a solution for our different departments to have control over their spend while making sure we still had firm controls and oversight in place. Divvy met all those requirements for free.

Pros

Divvy has a great budgeting tool that allows you to easily segment departments so that they are in control of their own spend. Their app is easy to use to keep track of reciepts and ensure your team is in compliance. Best of all everything is free.

Cons

Getting set up and a credit line is a bit cumbersome as I have seen other companies have a much easier onboarding and offer higher levels of credit.

Maddie T.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

I appreciate how simple it is to keep track of invoices and receipts

Divvy is a unique tool that provides an all-in-one solution for your needs. In addition to issuing the card, they also handle all of the associated expenses. All of our expenses are now coded in Accounting so that our field workers can simply submit receipts and a business reason and move on.

Pros

Because it is so user-friendly, this program has completely changed the way we track our expenditures and enter our data. Because each employee may now input their receipts, it has saved our accounting department many hours of labor each month. Divvy is a fantastic service. It's simple to pick up. I was worried I'd be disoriented, but a quick scan of the area turns up everything I need.

Cons

ACH transactions are taking too long to process. We'd want to be able to send PayPal monies straight to Divvy for payments. It is not possible to map QBO tags for transactional line items at this time. Improvements are constantly needed, just as with any other piece of software. Divvy is always striving to improve the procedure.

AL

Andrew L.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Divvy is the best expense software by far!

Overall with Divvy, we’ve been able to increase visibility in spending, empower our employees to make purchases and allow our budget managers control over what is being spent from their budget. It has been a win-win-win for us. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Pros

I love that Divvy is not only free, but that it also allows you to manage expenses companywide we have about seven spenders in our small business and using Divvy allows us to assign budgets issue funds to particular employees and allow them to make purchases as needed. it also streamline to the bookkeeping process because all of the transactions are already categorized and require receipt upload it is absolutely fantastic.

Cons

It’s hard to think of anything I don’t like about the software because I love it so much the only negative I can think of is that setting it up to integrate well with your books can’t take a bit of time however, their team walks you through the entire process from beginning to end, which makes the process a lot easier.

LH

Lindsey H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Should still be in Beta - has a long ways to go...

I have always been a pretty early adopter for new platforms and I have to say, DivvyPay should still be in Beta Mode. Divvy - you could be great. Really really great. But you have a long ways to go. I’m rooting for you, but looking for other options in the meantime. Stop spending advertising dollars and fix your issues.

Pros

- The virtual cards are BRILLIANT (1 of only 2 reasons I stay) - The ease of classifications of transactions and how customizable they are, this a great thing for my accounting team! (2 of only 2 reasons I stay) - The cards look nice - Their customer service is responsive (They will not call you unless you are a new customer trying to get an account so do know that. There is no phone support after being a customer.)

Cons

- The app is getting better, but still has very very limited features. - The bill pay feature; run as fast as you can from this. I have a vendor that still has not been paid and I approved and funded the transaction over a month ago. Divvy has made this a manual process and they actually call ever vendor you add into the platform. They can’t call me for support - but sure will call my vendors. ...

KV

Kim V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Divvy changed the way we do business!

Pros

Divvy gave us the ability to allow employees to pay for expenses with company funds as opposed to having to use their own funds and wait to be reimbursed. Divvy gives us the ability to manage requests "on the go". Divvy integrates with Quickbooks which is super helpful. Divvy rewards program fits our organization much better than previous rewards programs. It allows for multiple options and depending on what we have going on at the time, we utilize the various options given. Sometimes we take a statement credit, other times we use it for unexpected travel and yet sometimes, we find it most advantageous to receive a check that we can use for things like purchasing equipment that is needed we didn't budget for in a particular fiscal year.

Cons

It still has some quirks that need worked out. From what we understand, it is a fairly new software. When syncing with Quickbooks, it doesn't always seem to work correctly. We have had instances where receipts disappeared that were uploaded to the mobile app. It isn't quite as intuitive as other software in our opinion. The user interface could be improved. When you go back in to update a transaction after it has been synced, you have to remember to resync it. The problem with this is that there is nothing that prompts you to do so. Overall though, we would still recommend this software.

LL

Lou L.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Divvy is great. I highly recommend to companies of all sizes

Pros

Divvy is a fantastic solution. We have been using it for 4 years and it not only saves our travelers and admin team time each month, but we feel it saves us from unnecessary spend each month. We are heavy users of Divvy with over 40 active users. We also manage all of our business software subscriptions via the virtual card solution that Divvy offers. This provides us greater visibility into spend and keeps it organized in one place. It also prevents fraud when using the virtual card solution. And come month end we easily integrate Divvy activity into our financial close in a matter of minutes. I highly recommend Divvy for companies of all sizes. It is truly a transformational expenses/card management solution that is light years ahead of the way it use to be done.

Cons

I've been pushing for a global solution with multi-entities so we can roll out to our UK and Canadian teams. No solution offers that at this time but hoping Divvy is the first as we would likely use it.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Ease and convenience

It is really great. It is very simple to use. Our cardholders like it, and our accounting team likes it.

Pros

We like the virtual cards, because it allows us to protect our physical card data and we can make virtual cards for individual vendors.

Cons

We don't like the fraud process and having to put in data for each individual fraud charge and having to wait 3 months to hear back about it.

RH

Reed H.

Design, 51-200 employees

Highly Recommend

Pros

Divvy, has been key in helping us streamline our business, get more accurate data, and better understand where our money is going. Additionally, their customer service has been top notch as they have always been available when questions or problems arise. I would highly recommend Divvy to other business owners.

Cons

New credit card roles outs can be a pain, however, their team was very helpful in navigating it.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Divvy makes life easier

Pros

Davy is amazing. We integrate with QuickBooks online for our accountant’s sanity. The automatic categorization and receipt tracking saves us so much time, as our organization has three physical locations, multiple departments, tons of different funding sources and needs.I love the ease of use. I have ADHD and I am an executive Director, and I struggle with receipt management. This program automatically triggers me to upload my receipt and categorize my purchase.

Cons

Honestly nothing. I’ve dealt with customer service and they have been great. I love the price a.k.a. free.

Braedon P.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 employees

Divvy is great for growing business

Pros

The spend management is easy, integrates with our accounting software and helps us see trends.

Cons

Some areas do not have the ability to update to Netsuite.

AB

Anthony B.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Perfect for our small construction company.

Using Divvy has solved so many issues for us. First in foremost we've saved roughly 30-40 hours a month in receipt tracking. It's very easy to set up and use. We're very happy with Divvy.

Pros

We loved how easy it was to roll out to our employees. Each card came with instructions. Very little had to be done to get the ball rolling. We love how visible the spend in our company is. We have a much better understanding on how much we spend per expense. A lot better than the manual method we were using. The cards work! We've tried other services that had declined transactions on a regular basis. These cards have had no issues.

Cons

We've had very little in the way of complaints. Currently the Divvy cards have a spend limit of $100 when purchasing fuel. From my understanding this is a VISA issue and out of their control. I would also say that there are better platforms for larger businesses. Our company has around 50 employees and Divvy ended up being perfect for us.

Kelsi N.

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

Divvy is the BEST

Amazing. I truly enjoyed working with our Implementation Manager and felt like they worked with us as a partner, not a client. They were willing to work with us on all of our many asks.

Pros

Divvy is a very innovative product that allows for you to have an all in one product. They not only issue the card, but they provide the expense management. With their help, we have been able to bring all expense coding inside Accounting to allow for our teammates in the field to just submit a receipt and a business purpose and move on.

Cons

The reimbursement and reporting side could use some work. Divvy does not charge for reimbursements and does not make money for that part of the product, so I understand that it is not their priority, however to make a better product they would puts some resources there.

JC

Jason C.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Show me your corporate card and I'll show you your company's future

On a scale from 1-23 I'd give them a 23. It's the people that make Divvy what it is. I'd give the developers and engineers a standing ovation every day if I worked at Divvy. They have truly built a remarkable product, kinda like Comcast.

Pros

Transparency when it comes to spending has shifted our company culture. People are now act more trustworthy with what they use the company card on. Any product that helps my company have a culture of openness & accountability will be a company I stick with for years to come. Cheers to Divvy on closing the gap of emotional and reactive spending & budgeting.

Cons

I wish I could get my cards overnighted from the second I order them. #RichBusinessManProblems

Zachary B.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Pros

I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has...

Cons

Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy: 1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!) 2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

Hi Zachary, Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review! -Mark

MC

Miriam C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Seems too good to be true — but it's true

Expense management is not a stressor in my life because of Divvy, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Pros

Divvy is as simple as it gets with expense management. Everyone on the platform, from myself as the one who implemented it for our team to the newest employee just onboarding, has had such an easy time navigating it and understanding their role on the platform. It is intuitive, quick, and seamless. The customer service team is second to none and any time we've had a request or question we get help right away from the best team out there.

Cons

Business reporting could be made a little more nuanced for teams to be able to play with more views etc. in the dashboard, but this isn't a big enough con to move away from Divvy to anything else and they take innovation seriously. I won't be surprised to see more functionality here launch in the near future if enough customers are asking for it.

CG

Caleb G.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Divvy - Always Great Service with an Excellent App

Divvy has allowed our organization to set more controls and give more responsibility to managers through use of individual budgets. Divvy also has transactions show up in the users transaction log instantaneously, making it easier for individuals to do all of their admin work right away.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to control credit lines for individuals at any given time. If an employee who rarely uses the corporate card suddenly has a need, we can adjust accordingly.

Cons

For the time being, Divvy doesn't integrate with our ERP, Netsuite. As such, I have to import into our ERP with CSVs which isn't ideal. Divvy is currently BETA testing an integration with Netsuite so we are patiently awaiting the full release of that.

CJ

Caleb J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Divvy - Allows us to Manage our Expenses with effectiveness

Pros

1) Dashboard for all transactions - allows us to work on what needs completed and then publish to QBO. 2) Automatic notifications - allows us to request receipts and categorization from cardholders in seconds. 3) Virtual cards - allows us to automate transaction entry, manage overspend with our vendors, and minimize and mitigate fraud with our expenses. If a card gets compromised we turn off that one virtual card and then create a new one within seconds.

Cons

There aren't many features built yet for Accounting Firms to manage their list of clients. There isn't good features like Ramp & Brex to text the categorization details, notes, and receipts on the transactions.

DH

Darren H.

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very quick and easy to implement with great customer service

Overall I very impressed with Divvy and the constant innovation of making using and administing the card easy.

Pros

Very easy to integrate into our business and very user friendly software.

Cons

Out of pocket reimbursement. Be easier once approved Divvy sent check to individuals and charge the Divvy account vs ACH funds to Divvy.

MM

Miguel M.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!

Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

Pros

For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy. The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it. Oh and it's free!

Cons

I have not had a single issue with them.

SF

Stephen F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Seriously the Best App our Business Found, for Anything

Pros

If you're a small business with big monthly expenses, and petty cash headaches, Divvy is a no-brainer. Each of our field techs have a card we can control from the office, or divvy out funds as needed. As a small family business, this cut down on half our office work (and my mother no longer goes through receipts in the office; she can just retire) Divvy integrates with Quickbooks well, but here's...

Cons

Nothing. So far it's perfect for us. We haven't been able to mess anything up yet.

PR

Peter R.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 employees

Expense Management Made Easy

We've loved Divvy. It has given flexibility to those that travel while giving the flexibility to get things done without having to worry that one of the 3 corporate credit cards is floating around being used by a random employee.

Pros

Divvy has been great for our organization. We have been able to move away from reimbursements and have been able to give spending flexibility to everyone within our organization. We love being able to give every employee a card, but not having to worry that they are going to overspend. And possibly, one of my favorite features of any software ever is the ability to create virtual cards (both for subscriptions and burner cards for one time purchases). Its nice to know that I can cancel a virtual card and not have it affect other vendor payments.

Cons

There is a little bit of a lack of hierarchy available (like an administrator over certain budgets only) and a lack of flexibility with paying down our account (holds placed on account effectively freezing our cards) but other than that, it has been great!

JB

Jeff B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

It's the best because it is simple

It has been very positive. They are timely in their responses and they are flexible and open to customer ideas for improvement.

Pros

It is very easy to use and very ease to teach users how to use. It allows us to customize expense fields, budgets and reports so as an accounting team we get what we need, but it is simple enough for any user to use.

Cons

The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts. I'd like to be able to say "all transactions over $20 require a receipt," but that is not available yet.

Jacob C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

What we needed in a Corporate Credit Card

Overall we have had a great experience with Divvy. We were waisting so much time with fraud issues with other cards. Also has helped us with our employee card reconciliation. We can have required fields that our employees need to fill out like notes.

Pros

Virtual Cards are easy to generate, Control of employee cards and funds is really nice, Reporting is good, support has been really good

Cons

It is a little difficult for employees to catch on to how everything is supposed to work. It changes fairly quickly (good because it gets better, but con because you have to change your processes or relearn the software)

CC

Chase C.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Innovative and unparalleled service

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Divvy. It has significantly reduced the time to close the books at month end. We used to have to wait at least a week just to reconcile credit card transactions, but with Divvy, it only takes one to two days. The team at Divvy has been extremely receptive to our feedback and providing the best customer experience possible.

Cons

The software is constantly evolving as we and other gives feedback (this is a good thing), but there doesn’t seem to be one clear cut path of best practices with Divvy.

AH

Ashley H.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

A Fantastic Expense Report Tool

Pros

I love the automation it creates for all of our expense reports. I also love the ability to make changes to spending limits, or accounts directly on the website. Any other card, we would have to get on the phone with customer service to make these changes, which was headache and a waste of time. I love the digital cards we can create for our online payments/ transactions.

Cons

The recurring vs one-time limits were hard to get used to. This has improved over the last couple of years though.