ExpensePoint Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.61/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

ExpensePoint really helps us been organized with all your expenses, it's easy to use and the support is amazing.

ss

shlomo sam m.

Accuracy of billing out of pocket costs to clients is a win for ICG and its clients. The staff at ExpensePoint has been there to help us out through the on-boarding process.

LR

Lloyd R.

It also has good integration with our corporate cards along with good reports for both analysis and to reconcile to our corporate cards and accounting system.

AC

Alexander C.

Unfortunately we were unable to use the automatic ACH payment due to some requirements which the company was not ale to provide because of confidentiality.

RO

Ronita O.

MS

Matt S.

The only thing that I have noticed that I would consider a slight negative is that Expense Point will not allow me to import a credit into our accounting system.

ST

TeamDesk

Zoho Expense-logocaret

Zoho Expense

Compare both
How would you rate ExpensePoint?

Easy all-in-one expense management

Pros

What i like the most is the mileage tracking functionality of this software. I have tested so many mileage tracking software such as Triplog, Everlance, Simply, and MileIQ. Those software either are not available for my region or the GPS tracking is not accurate/failed to capture the trips on certain days. This mileage tracking function will auto-track once you are on the move (it knows the route I took exactly which is pretty amazing). Then, you can also edit data and attach receipts before submitting to the management system to approve.

Cons

There was this one time the user suddenly got logged out and couldn't log in to the application. Wasn't sure what happened, but all it took was for the user to reinstall the software to make it work again.

Expense Report User Review

We have over 260 users in Midwest & East coast and we have brought them on one platform

Pros

About the simplicity and friendly usable APP

Cons

It has issues about uploading the maps for travel related expenses

Dear Bhupendra, Thank you for your review of ExpensePoint. We appreciate your comments about our app being user friendly and easy. Thank you for this. Our Tech support has dealt with the issue of uploading you mentioned. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any difficulty. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint for your expense management system. Kindest regards, Sherry McKeen-VP-Global Client Relations

Easy to use expense tool

Good software, good support

Pros

easy to use, clearly structured, good reporting

Cons

No search functionality in user list. Lot of scrolling needed

Hello, I really appreciate your 5 star feedback and great comments about ExpensePoint. We would really appreciate the ability to contact you to show you how to use the user search feature which would cut out your scrolling needs, however you did not leave us your details ;-) . Please feel free to contact our support team and they would be more than happy to help you. Warm regards, Paul Ansloos - Vice President - Global Sales & Marketing

Expense Point experience

The team reached out ( Via Phone ) to make sure Their support was addressing my needs vs an email. I travel 100%, I need an application that will make my life easier especially with the requirements of various clients and the reporting structure gave me more than what I needed. I have used numerous applications but when it came to reporting ExpensePoint is head and shoulders above, not to mention it price point.

Pros

The team at Expensepoint wants you to fully understand the application, wants to make sure you are comfortable with application, your needs are meet. The team is outstanding The application itself is probably more information that is ever needed, but from a fiscal and reporting mechanism it is outstanding.

Cons

I really cant say a con against the application,it has more functionality that is needed, but able to either use it or grow into the use.

Dear Lenhardt, Thank you for your amazing review of ExpensePoint. We are happy that it is making your life easier! It is great to hear that our support team was able to meet your needs and that you found ExpensePoint affordable and value adding. Thank you for choosing us as your expense management solution.. We want you to know that we really appreciate your business. Kindest regards, Sherry McKeen - Vice President - Global Client Relations

Taking expense reporting to the next level

ExpensePoint allows our employees to organize their receipts and expenses, which helps them be more efficient, transparent and timely with their reporting. It is extremely easy to navigate as both a user and administrator.

Pros

multiple ways to save receipts to the wallet mobile app is very user friendly for our employees on the road very easy to customize categories endless analysis reports excellent training and ongoing support team

Cons

no way to automatically populate information for recurring charges unable to edit multiple charges from the same vendor at once to save time

Dear Nicole, Thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review of ExpensePoint. We appreciate all of your comments including your feedback regarding reoccurring expense population and editing multiple expenses for one vendor. This is excellent feedback and I have asked Kelly from our CRM team to contact you regarding editing multiple charges from the same vendor as I believe we have a solution to this which she can show you. We have added your other suggestion to our internal development 'wish-list', so hopefully we will see this feature added in the future. Finally, thank you for choosing ExpensePoint and for being our client. We really appreciate your business. Kindest regards, Paul Ansloos - Vice President - Global Sales & Marketing.

Happy Customer! Very professional team and a software that fulfill our needs.

So First benefit is that people don't have to carry around there receipts and lost them, and for us that the huge benefit. Then I would say that on the long term it's gonna reduce the work of creating the report (waiting to see how the integration with our ERP works first!)

Pros

First everybody we talked to was very professional and very reactive on every requests we had (even proactive). Great Customer Support! Then what we like the most about the software itself is that it's very user friendly and very flexible for the company needs. Also best value on the market. The receipt reader is a feature that we really love. We are using expense point since a little more than a month and our company is very pleased with it. I definitely recommend it. We are still in the process of integrating expense point with our ERP and looking forward to it. That would saves us a great amount of time.

Cons

I don't have much cons because when we have a problem we notified the customer service that take care of it. The only thing right now is that we are eager to have the Spanish Version!

Dear Noemie, Thank you for the wonderful review of ExpensePoint; we certainly appreciate it. I am very pleased to hear that everything is going really well and and I have passed on your comments about 'Great Customer Support' to your customer support team. We are also looking forward to getting the Spanish version very soon. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint and allowing us to serve you and your company as your expense reporting partner. Welcome to the ExpensePoint Family! Kind regards, Paul Ansloos Vice President - Global Sales & Marketing

Ariel Technologies

Implementing Expense Point has been one of the easiest things I have done all year. The support has been by far outstanding. We have worked closely with rep from setup to training to helping us to develop the means to import expense reports into our ERP system. She has done an outstanding job, in my opinion. Response to any issues that have arisen has been prompt and thorough.

Pros

Ease of use. Users love the phone app, the ability to capture receipts from either phone or email and the ability to easily classify expenses. VERY user friendly. Bosses cannot say enough good things about Expense Point. You all made me look good finding you.

Cons

I have not received any negative feedback from our users nor have I, as of yet, found anything I do not like about it. Wish we had found this long ago.

Dear Robert, Thank you for your most excellent review of ExpensePoint. We really appreciate all your feedback and are glad that all your team members are really enjoying the system and its ease of use. I also appreciate you nice comments about our support team and I will certainly pass them along. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint as your employee expense report system, and we look forward to providing you with our services for many years to come. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos - V.P. Global Sales & Markting

Great customer service and easy to use

Pros

The ExpensePoint Receipt Wallet receipt wallet feature takes away the age old problem of losing receipts , customer service is great and if you have a question or problem its quick and easy to reach a support specialist.

Cons

No real complaints about the software except its so easy to use there is no good reason you can give your boss for turning your expense report in late!

Dear Jeff, On behalf of the ExpensePoint team, I would like to thank you for your great review. I am glad that you are enjoying our customer service and find ExpensePoint easy to use. We agree that the receipt wallet is a great way to keep organized. I love that there will be no excuse for late reports with ExpensePoint! I will be sure to pass on your encouragement to our support team. Premium customer service is one of our core values. Thanks for your business. Respectfully yours, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Navigate with Ease

Pros

I maintain ExpensePoint for multiple users. I find ease in entering report for each user and I am able to easily locate the report after it has been submitted. I also find the Receipt Wallet helpful. As the users I maintain turn in receipts I can keep them in an easily accessible place until I have all the receipts I need for the report. The Google map option is also a convenient way to have exact mileage for trips.

Cons

Once I learned the program I have had no issues.

Dear Rosa, Thank you so much for these wonderful comments about ExpensePoint. It is really pleasing to know that the software has all the flexibility that you need. We also love the Google map option. It makes reporting the mileage so easy. We really appreciate your business and appreciate your support by providing this superb review. Sincerely, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Third company roll-out and it continues to improve and impress.

Elimination of paper receipts, automation of account coding, simple tool for users which encouraged adoption and prompt approval and payment of employee funded receipts which also encourage adoption. Electronic workflow ensures proper approvals and accountability.

Pros

Intuitive, even for team members who have not undertaken any formal tutorials or training. Team loves the functionality of taking pictures of receipts on the go and submitting reports even when on the road. Reporting allows us to ensure that submitted reports are reviewed, approved and paid on a timely basis.

Cons

We are still working to fully customize the software to properly track units of measure (number of attendees, nights, car rental days, etc.) but the occasional miss is not a material con.

Dear ExpensePoint Client, Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint; we certainly appreciate the positive feedback. I am also very confident that our team will be able to accomplish all your requirements for the items that you point out i.e. number of attendees, nights, car rental days, etc, as I know the system is capable of handling those requirements already. We will work with you in configuring the system to ensure that these items are properly tracked. We are privileged to have you as a client. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos - President

Great value, fantastic customer support!

This has saved us time and money in the expense reporting process.

Pros

Easily adaptable for the specifics of our company. Highly responsive customer support. Intuitive application for staff to use. The Receipt Wallet makes capturing expenses the easiest part of my job! In researching a solution for our expense reporting, I am extremely satisfied that I chose ExpensePoint. It was the only application I found that incorporates everything I was looking for: high level reporting, automation, approval pathways, and ease of use for staff.

Cons

Dear Andrea, Thank you so much for your great feedback on ExpensePoint and in particular how the program has made things so much easier for everyone. Thank you for being our client and we look forward to a very long relationship with your company. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos V.P. Global Sales & Marketing

Super interactions. Extremely knowledgeable, attentive and communicative team. Really made this an extremely easy tool to get up and running. Well done [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

Navigation, functionality of the app, ease of rollout

Cons

Data integration with VISA took longer than expected, but was delivered on time. Not Expense Point issues, entirely on card issuer.

Dear Stephen, Thank you for your kind review of ExpensePoint. We love 10/10! I am pleased that you are finding the system easy to navigate and especially how easy you found it to have Expensepoint up and running. Thank you for being our client. Have a great day. With appreciation, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Learning to use Expense Point

Once I reached out to get some training/assistance, the light bulb went on. I feel I can now have more accurate reports from staff, and we can all become more productive rather than spending time on clumsy expense reports.

Pros

Since I have started using Expense Point for staff , my processes have become easier. With the credit card integration, staff members will be less likely to overlook submitting an expense. My customer service representative is VERY helpful.

Cons

It is not really intuitive in learning some parts of the program. After some training, it becomes easier, but the training is necessary to use it to it's capability.

Dear Rhonda, Thank you for your wonderful review of ExpensePoint. I am really pleased that your expense report process has been enhanced by the program. I know as an administrator there are a few areas to learn about the program and one of the things we are going to be publishing soon is an Administrators Guide which will be accessible directly within the program. Also I know that you will be well supported by our amazing support team if ever you require some help. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint; we really appreciate your business. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos - Vice President - Global Sales & Marketing.

Efficient and Consolidated

Elegantly designed, and brilliantly constructed.

Pros

The software allows us to run a smooth expensing operation without the hassle of paper files. In and of itself, the interface is easily navigable to both front and back end users, allowing a pain free, expedited approval process. Additionally, ExpensePoint's phone application makes it easy to upload documents, approve transactions, and everything in between while on the go.

Cons

ExpensePoint does not have a centralized manual that users are able to reference. Even though there are short 'how-to' video clips, there are many details that are not explained, resulting in a mandatory customer service call.

Dear Becky, Thank you for your wonderful review of ExpensePoint. We really appreciate your feedback and are pleased that ExpensePoint is working really well for you and your team. Thank you comments regarding ExpensePoint being Elegantly designed and brilliantly constructed. This is a truly appreciated comment, one which I will pass along to our UI design and IT team. I wanted to also acknowledge...

ExpensePoint review

Resolved manual Expense reporting for a large multi division company with excellent results.

Pros

Functionality, customer support and cost.

Cons

Tutorials are not updated quickly with new technology.

Dear valued customer, We appreciate you letting us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that ExpensePoint has replaced your manual process with excellent results. That is music to our ears! Thank you for your feedback regarding tutorials for updates. We are in the process of making this better for our customers. We look forward to providing you with the very best of employee expense report automation for many years to come. Yours truly, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

The best Expense Management System you will find!

If you are looking for an excellent online expense management system, your search can now stop. ExpensePoint Web is hands down the best system out there. We looked at several other systems, and even got through the installation stage with another system, only to discover management reporting could not be done. When I found ExpensePoint I was skeptical they could do all they claimed to, but was soon...

Pros

Cost, webinars, customization capabilities, creativity of the staff to help meet unique needs, the responsiveness of the staff, ease of use, training videos, cost (I know I already said that, but it's important. I looked at several web based expense management systems and this was by far the best and the fact it was the least expensive was a bonus!)

Cons

I can't think of any, other than supervisors forgetting to log in and approve expense reports. But that's our process problem we are trying to resolve.

Dear Cathy, Thanks for your amazing review of Expense Point. We appreciate your comments so much. Thank you for being our client. We really appreciate your business. Best wishes, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

Supurb customer support

Pros

Relatively easy to navigate The Customer support provided by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing

Cons

Limited to no automated reporting functionality (e.g. automated weekly email reports of expense activity, weekly reminder emails of pending expense items). Limited number of fields read by Receipt Reader (currently only 3)

Dear Matt, Thank you for taking the time to review ExpensePoint. We value your feedback regarding automated reporting functionality. I will forward these suggestions to our Development team. Thank you for the kind words about our customer service. This is one of our core values so I will be sure to pass on the accolade to our support team. They are pretty awesome! Best wishes, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

Easy Deployment Ever

We have moved our global expenses over to ExpensePoint at the beginning of the year. It has been a nice and easy transition, and the team at ExpensePoint has been extremely helpful throughout the entire process, and made it very easy and painless. We've had a few challenges with handling multiple currencies on a world-wide basis but nothing major and all of our inquiries have been handled promptly. The online training has been great and they have been very flexible about arranging training sessions for people in Australia, Europe, Asia and North America - always a challenge at the best of times! Would highly recommend it to anyone considering a move to ExpensePoint!

Pros

Cons

Cloud-based - that isn't completely fair because we knew that, but having an offline mode for the mobile app would be very useful.

Dear Graeme, Thank you for your feedback on ExpensePoint. I am very pleased that your transition was smooth and that your international employees received the training and support that they needed. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the mobile having offline capabilities. Our team are looking at adding this feature in the future. We thank you for selecting us as your expense management solution and it is a privilege to have you as a client. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos Director of Global Sales

Best expense software I have used

Expense reports are not fun for anyone or any department but they are necessary. ExpensePoint makes them user-friendly and the admin features allow you to add rules which give users guidance or reminders of policies as they build reports.

Pros

The app makes on-the-go reports very easy to build. You can snap a pic of the receipt/paperwork and not worry about keeping track of them while traveling.

Cons

If you do not use the standard GL account structure, you may not be able to map the exported reports to your system. This creates more hands-on work or creative workarounds.

Dear Melanie, We are so happy to hear that you think ExpensePoint is the "best expense software" your have ever used! This makes us smile. Thank your for the amazing rating. We are happy that you find it user-friendly and that the admin feature that allow you to add policy rules is helpful. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in your expense management needs in the future. Kind regards, Sherry McKeen VP of Client Relations

Chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Trying to run an expense analysis on companies, expense types, people, etc. and it is helping me a great deal!

Pros

It is an integrated software that allows you to run analysis without extracting the raw data and working with that outside of the software.

Cons

The inability to amend reports in analysis manager or to build one that suit your needs.

Dear Sameer, Thank you for your generous review. We appreciate when our clients take the time to share their experiences with ExpensePoint. We love to hear how things are going. We are especially pleased that the analysis feature is something that is adding value to your company. I will be sure to share with Theresa your pros and cons. We are happy that the program is helping you in your work. Kindest regards, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

Great Expense Management Software

The set-up and implementation of the software was easy and smooth. Due to its easy functionality and features, our users don't have the hard time to get familiar with the software. And I have to thank Theresa who has been very helpful and quick to respond, even though we had a great time difference.

Pros

Easy to use, its features and functionality, and not to mention their great customer service support.

Cons

Nothing on its features and functionality, however with the new update the app keeps on crashing and its getting tiresome to some of our users.

Dear Alva, Thanks for taking the time to review ExpensePoint. I am happy that you experience with the set-up and implementation of the software was positive. I've noted your feedback regarding the latest update and have sent it to development. We value your business and look forward serving your needs. Respectfully yours, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

My Experiencer

Wonderful. Personnel are receptive, helpful, and readily available. You guys are awesome.

Pros

It's easy. I can quickly and efficiently report receipts and prepare almost immediately send them off to our accountant. It's quick, easy, affordable, and it our accountant love it.

Cons

Nothing. You have it all together from my perspective.

Dear Jerry, Thanks for taking the time to review ExpensePoint. We value our customer's feedback and appreciate knowing you find our software convenient, easy to use and affordable. Thank you for your positive comment regarding our support team. I will be sure to forward this review to them. ExpensePoint values your business and is happy to be your automated expense reporting solution. Best regards, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Expense Point

ExpensePoint has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Our company uses this software in both the United States and Canada and favor the accountability that ExpensePoint provides for both the employee and management.

Cons

We went into the exercise of setting this software up expecting that it would take less time to plan than it actually did. We were very pleased with the help that we received from customer service as she addressed each issue with clear explanations as we made the transition.

Dear Byron, Thank you for your kind review of ExpensePoint. I am pleased that you are finding the system helpful to ensure accountability for your employees and management. We want to simplify processes for people and make expense management seamless, so to hear this feedback is encouraging for us. In addition, I am delighted to hear that your experience of our customer service was positive and helpful. Thank you for being our client. Kind regards, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Overall experience was great , very satisfied with the training and respond to emails and calls if any questions. The implementation was s smooth process there was no hiccups or employee complaints

Pros

Easy to use Reporting smooth Implementation Tracking of expenses

Cons

Dear Ronita, On behalf of the ExpensePoint team I would like to thank you for your great review. We created this expense management solution to help businesses save time and have seamless process for expense management. We are pleased that your experience with implementation was helpful and efficient. Have a great day. Respectfully yours, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Customer Service and Technical Training at its B E S T ! ! !

Pros

The software itself has an easy-to-use desktop and mobile interface. You can use the software via web or download the desktop app for quick access. My company's application was slightly different from common use and the team at ExpensePoint quickly assessed the need and manipulated the program to best fit. Not only that, they continuously trained us on using the program AND were quick to troubleshoot anything that did quite work with the manipulated features.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is a stretch to find a con, but as a team we agreed that being logged out after 5 to 10 mins of no activity.

Dear Josh Thanks you for the great review of ExpensePoint. I am really pleased that we were able to accommodate and customize ExpensePoint to you company¿s unique needs. I will also pass along your comments to your ExpensePoint team members. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint as your expense management system and thank you for being our client. We look forward to providing expense management services to you for many years to come. Kind regards Paul Ansloos - Vice President Global Sales & Marketing.