All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ExpensePoint Reviews

Pros

Fantastic, people are very friendly and helpful, listen to what you need. Because this program was customized for me my job is faster and easier than ever.

Debbie T.

Read the full review
Then what we like the most about the software itself is that it's very user friendly and very flexible for the company needs. Also best value on the market.

NOEMIE V.

Read the full review
Overall, the experience has been great with ExpensePoint. The team took care of us during the integration by adapting to your unique circumstances.

Michael H.

Read the full review

Cons

There is nothing that I can say that I dislike about the software.

Carlee A.

David W.

Read the full review
I haven't seen anything that I dislike about this program.

Lisa S.

Great Piece of Software

Each employee is able to assign their own expenses to the correct project and then break it out for the correct department expense. We have all of our transactions automatically uploaded into our system so I know if an employee forgets to turn in expenses. This is a very beneficial aspect of the software that I would not want to lose.

Pros

I have been using this software for 3 years now and rarely ever have service issues. When I do have an issue, the tech support team at ExpensePoint takes care of it immediately. I like the functionality of the software and ease of use, but what I like most is the people in tech support. The expense reporting needs of our company can be complicated, but the tech support team has always been able to create something for us to make it easier.

Cons

We are limited to to a certain credit card company that will allow us to have our transactions automatically uploaded.

Dear Trey, Thank you for taking the time to review ExpensePoint. We appreciate your generous feedback. I will be sure to let our support team know they are doing a great job. Your business is important to us and we are so happy to hear that this software has helped to automate your processes with the different functions and ease of use. Thanks again and have a great day. Respectfully yours, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

ExpensePoint Review

The support staff at Expense Point has been extremely helpful and always very quick to respond and resolve any issues I may have. Their customer service is very personal and professional. The ease and organization of communication regarding the expenses submitted between staff and myself has been an immense help for me. The ease of looking up and finding specific expenses is quick and easy.

Pros

The functionality of Expense Point has been very valuable to me as an administrator. I really love how much I can do and create within the system, I don't have to get Expense Point to set these up, instead I can play in the system and create what I need. It allows me to have the system set-up to fit our company and our unique and complex accounting program. The system is very adaptable and allows me to create report templates and change approval processes easily and quickly, which is an aspect I did not find with other systems we had tried. This aspect also allows the system to grow with us in any changes we may implement in our company.

Cons

From an administrator perspective the adaptability and flexibility of the program can be a little difficult navigating at first because there are different layers to fill in when setting up or changing settings. However, once you have done it a few times it's very intuitive and it is easy to follow how all of the parts fit and work together. Unlike other programs I have used, Expense Point allows you to be able to access many features that other programs do not, and that is well worth any learning curve that may be encountered.

Dear Roxanne, Thank you for taking the time to review ExpensePoint so favorably. We are happy that the functionality of Expense Point has been valuable in your job. We do appreciate that there is a bit of a learning curve for administrators at first, but knowing these functions are making your life easier to create report templates and change approval processes quickly is an encouragement to us. We appreciate your business and look forward to a long relationship with your company. Sincerely, Sherry McKeen - Vice President - Global Client Relations

Complete streamline of our expenses

Reduced paperwork and printing and improved efficiency throughout the company.

Pros

We have been struggling to keep track of expenses in a way that doesn't seem like an interruption to our workflow. We previously used paper vouchers for accountability and have now cut our printing by almost 50%. There is a receipt wallet which stores all receipts once upload in real time which is a great feature for employees who work primarily in the field. For busy employees, rights can be granted...

Cons

We haven't found any major features that were lacking. Those we though were an issue were rectified with additional training.

Dear Thelesha, Thank you for this amazing review. I am so happy to hear that ExpensePoint is making a positive impact on your day to day business, saving you time, giving you valuable data, and a great result for an affordable price. Kind regards, Sherry McKeen - Vice President - Global Client Relations

Worth the money...If it's Free

The system freezes up when you try to create a report. To work around this, I put my receipts in the receipt "Wallet". When I try to create an expense, it links the wrong receipt with my entry. I wish they wouldn't have rushed to bring this system to market. Maybe a competitor of theirs will take their idea and actually make a program that works...

Pros

It is a good idea, take a picture of a receipt and it will capture the data and make expense reports easy.

Cons

It totally fails at accomplishing what it sets out to do. I think they rushed the software to market. It needs to have the bugs worked out of the system.

Dear David, Thank you for submitting your review of ExpensePoint. I am so very sorry to hear of your recent negative experiences with our system. As a constant heavy user myself I too would be quite frustrated if I was experiencing these kinds of issues. We really pride ourselves in offering our clients the very best world class customer service and support which the majority of our reviews will...

Concise and Easy to Use

Pros

-ExpensePoint has a user friendly interface for navigating through different functions needed. -Home page dashboard gives a good overall view about yearly spending by category. -Report search function helps program admin tracking report approval status quickly.

Cons

-Depends on browser and operating systems, sometimes receipts section gets squeezed to size that is not visible. It happens when using Safari on a Mac system. -The mobile app does not have as much accessibility as desktop version - trouble viewing and creating authorized user's credit card reports on mobile app.

Hello Song, Thank you for your review. Wow! 10 out of 10 is awesome. I am pleased that you are finding the system user friendly and the reports helpful. Thank you for your feedback about receipts and the mobile app. I will share your comments with Development. Thanks for your review. We appreciate your business. With appreciation, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Untangle the mess of expense and credit card reporting

We have had a smooth implementation and excellent customer service. Our users like the software and the mobile app, and reports are much more detailed and provide documentation that we can save electronically, instead of files and files of paper reports and receipts.

Pros

The software is easy to use and flexible, and can be customized to fit our ever-changing needs. I like that it has multiple platforms available, and I can use it with QuickBooks Online. It automates the processes that we were doing by spreadsheet - so much easier now!

Cons

Our corporate cards are not eligible to automatically feed transactions into ExpensePoint, so I have to periodically upload them manually

Dear Julie, Thank you for your kind review of ExpensePoint. "Untangle the mess of expense and credit card reporting" is the best review title I have ever heard. I am pleased that you are finding the system easy to use and flexible to fit your needs. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our support. I will be sure to pass on the accolade. We appreciate your business, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Great Product

To be honest I wasn't looking to change expense reporting companies but I am so glad that we did. This product is easier and faster for the end user and cost us less each month. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been my implementation specialist and she is great! Very knowledgeable, and friendly and no matter what I threw at her, she fixed it quickly.

Pros

The system will automatically create a new expense report for you based on charge date. This saves the end user a lot of time. I love that there is a live person verifying the receipt information.

Cons

I wish I could zoom in on receipt pictures better (or easier) because the pic is farther out than you think when taking the pic. They are hard to read. I thought that your receipt pictures would automatically match to the charge/expense once verified but it doesn't seem to be doing that for us. We could be doing something wrong. I like the report that is created for me upon final approval but I wish it could be edited more. I would remove the weekly breakdown as we don't use/need that.

Dear Gayle, Thank you for taking the time to review ExpensePoint. We really appreciate your feedback regarding time and cost savings, and ease of use. I have passed on your feedback regarding the readability of receipt pictures to our development team. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint as your expense management system. We look forward to working with you for many years to come. Yours truly, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Quick , fast, easy

Pros

the app on the mobile phone is the easiest to use. My sales team only uses the app.

Cons

Can't think of anything. we moved from Expensify and there is a bit of a learning curve, but soon Expensify will all but be forgotten.

Dear Benet, Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. I am pleased to know that your team is enjoying the mobile app. We want our people to be able to get work done on the go, to save time and energy. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our flexibility. We pride ourselves in offering efficiency, customization and data integrity. They are three of our core values at ExpensePoint. Thank you for being our client and giving us such great feedback. We appreciate your business. Best wishes, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

ExpensePoint Review

Exceptional! Especially with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the beginning and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] through to implementation. I have never worked with a more impressive, professional group of people!

Pros

Ease of use and overall attention to detail. This product has been thoroughly well thought out and designed. The reporting capabilities are outstanding!

Cons

At this time, there is nothing that I can think of.

Dear Greg, Thank you for your growing review of ExpensePoint. We are happy Tubbesing Solutions LLC is enjoying the system. I will be sure to pass on your praise to our Solution Specialist who presented to you. We think she is awesome as well. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint. We appreciate your business and look forward to a long relationship with your company. Kind regards, Sherry McKeen Vice President - Global Client Relations

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the perfect person for us

It has been amazing. I wish all software companies worked with their customers the way [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has worked with us. She is fabulous.

Pros

This software at first glance can be overwhelming, it can do so much. It is a great system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been with us each step of the way fixing what we needed and just making it all flow easy. She is a great asset to your company.

Cons

Honestly I have not found anything I don't like.

Dear Kelli, Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint! We are happy you are enjoying the expense report automation and that our customer support people have helped you every step of the way. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint. We appreciate your business and look forward to a long relationship with your company. Kind regards, Sherry McKeen - Vice President - Global Client Relations

Simply the best

The end user benefits tremendously from not having to carry multiple receipts in their possession. The administrator doesn’t have stack of paper sat on the desk The accountant can automatically sync the claims with our ERP. These are all savings of NVAT with no negative impact on our administration at all. It’s a win/Win

Pros

The accuracy of the receipt reading is second to none that I have ever experienced with other suppliers.

Cons

I would like for it to automatically take daily values down to a pre-set amount if the end user exceeds an allowance. It doesn’t do this, but neither does ay other system. I hope that the industry best practice will change to suit.

Dear Thomas, On behalf of the ExpensePoint team I would like to thank you for your generous review. Simply the best is a great accolade! The benefits you have mentioned are why we created this expense management solution. To have you articulate that, is a win for us. I will forward your suggestion for automation to our Development Team. We thank you for your feedback and your business. Kind regards, Sherry McKeen-VP-Global Client Relations

Easy and Efficient

Pros

We have been using ExpensePoint for a few years now and we have nothing but positive things to say about the software and Team. We recently engaged ExpensePoint for a project to upgrade the way our expenses are uploaded to our financial system. The ExpensePoint team was very helpful throughout the whole process. From listening to what we needed to delivering the upgraded features to the system. We recently rolled this out globally and it is a game changer! The amount of manual data entry we were doing before this project was astronomical. The new process is not only efficient but very simple with just a few clicks of the button. We highly recommend ExpensePoint. Thank you for the continuous support.

Cons

Overall the system is great. One thing that could be updated is adding a search field to the User tab. Having so many users and scrolling through can be a pain. Another update could be to allow more lines to be exported at a time. Currently I believe it is only 5,000 and when running a report for a large category like client entertainment I have to pull it several times to get the full year. Again these are small items but would be nice to have.

Dear Sophie, Thank you so much for your great review of ExpensePoint; we really appreciate it. I wanted to make note from your feedback re: Search functionality and also the maximum of 5000 records for export. You will be pleased to know that we are already in the process of adding a search function in the User & Group Manager which will make things much easier for you looking up employee profiles. Also we are going to be expanding our maximum record length for so that you won't have to run multiple reports. Both these enhancements should be rolling out before the end of October. Thank you again for your excellent review and feedback. We are very thankful to have SSI as our client. Kind Regards, Paul Ansloos - Director of Global Sales and Marketing

ExpensePoint Review

This has consolidated as well as promoted for much change in our company. Our department heads are taking control of their financials for their departments and much of it started with questions when we began using ExpensePoint.

Pros

Any time I have needed help, our rep has always been right there to assist very quickly. It has made things much smoother and easy for us.

Cons

The app can have bugs every once in a while and it would be easier if you could click from the main screen when you have reports to review, rather than go into the Expense Manager and search.

Dear Kelly, At ExpensePoint we appreciate G&C Food Distributors. Your business is important to us and we appreciate that you have taken the time to review our program. It is great to hear that your experience with our customer service was helpful and efficient. In addition, is is great to know ExpensePoint has promoted change in your company and empowered your department heads. Wow! I will forward your suggestions to our Development Team to review. Thanks again. Best wishes, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

ExpensePoint Delivers Great Value and Ease of Use

I had a great experience setting up the platform, getting personal training and my service rep is excellent. Again, I can't emphasize enough the level of personal support you get for such a reasonable price. I'm getting the same support an organization 100 times my size would receive. Great product!

Pros

I have 3 companies that I keep track of expenses for. This is the only product that allowed me to set up custom fields including different companies to track expenses for. I was very impressed with the level of support and attention I get for such a reasonable monthly fee. The desktop and mobile platforms work great and are intuitive to use.

Cons

I have been using the product for a short time and there is nothing I do not like about the platform. The mileage tracker is a great feature but I wish I didn't have to go into my settings to turn it on and off. I don't know if this can be improved or not, but I don't like to have apps running in the background.

Dear Mark, Thanks for taking the time to review ExpensePoint. We value our customer's feedback and comments. Thank you for your comment regarding ExpensePoint's capacity to customize. Our aims is to provide an excellent experience. Great software is functionality, but also the support you receive after the purchase. I will be sure to forward your positive review on to our support and implementation teams. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint as your automated expense reporting solution. Best regards, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Great Customer Service!

Expense Point takes the guess work out of expensing the many transactions that come through our company. We have almost 100 credit cards that are used on a regular basis. I am able to take care of all of this by myself with the help of the Expensepoint program. Theresa our account rep is very helpful and always courteous! Thank you!

Pros

If there is something I cannot understand or figure out, our account rep Theresa helps me through it every time! She has come up with some great solutions for issues I have encountered on our end. It is also very easy to understand and navigate for all of our users.

Cons

There should be a help section where you can type in what you need help with to search the database for answers. All I have ever seen are the links to video tutorials.

Dear Deana, Thank you for the amazing review of ExpensePoint. We really appreciate your feedback and we are very happy that ExpensePoint is working well for you and your team. Thank you for your feedback on the help feature. I wanted to point out that we are working on an Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) system that will be built into ExpensePoint. This will allow you to put in a keyword and obtain answers to your questions. I will make sure your support team lets you know when this feature comes available. Thank you for being our client. It is a pleasure for us to serve you. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos - Vice President Global Sales & Marketing

Fantastic Support

Overall very good experience.

Pros

For the most part it's user friendly. On occasion when we do experience hiccups I know I can rely 100% on their support team - specifically Theresa. She responds quickly to any concerns that I have and will work closely with me or our team to to resolve any issues that may arise.

Cons

The software only allows one receipt per one transactions. For example, a hotel receipt may have accommodation - food - parking on 1 invoice, we like to break these transactions down - however, we cannot tie this 1 invoice to multiple transaction lines.

Dear Tracy, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for ExpensePoint. I am pleased that everything is going well with your program and thank you for your great comments regarding our support. We certainly know how important it is to ensure that our clients receive the support that they need quickly. Thank you for comments about Theresa; I will certainly pass them along to her. Regarding...

Fantastic Software with a great team behind it

Implementation process was great. With the multi currency set up that our regional offices needed, the implementation team helped us find a solution which would work for us specifically. Post implementation, Expensepoint Support and the Customer Relationship Manager were very helpful in answering queries.

Pros

Great implementation process Easy to set up new departments, GL account etc after Go Live Easy Navigation throughout the system. U Easy to use - our users only needed an hour training session and they were then comfortable enough to use the system on their own. Good Mobile App Administrators have access to most of the system, thus allowing me to resolve issues quickly

Cons

Initially there were some bugs during implementation but they were quickly resolved by Expensepoint Developers. Support hours could be longer as being in London there is a big time difference. However, luckily we did not have to call upon their help too many times.

Dear Anas, Thank you for such a favorable review! I am glad to hear that your experience with our Implementation and Support Teams was helpful. Our goal is to provide an expense solution that meets the diverse needs of our clients, so to read that you think ExpensePoint is a fantastic solution with great features, indicates that we are right on target. Thank you for your recommendations around support hours for our international clients. We are working on this. Thanks so much for your business. Sincerely, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Exceptional Customer Service and Support

We needed to find ways to capture some indisyncratic data so we could stage 4 different uploads based on the expense report type. Dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her team was a dream when we were trying to make significant changes to our EP environment regarding data, report composition and customizations that would allow us or better ease in integrating data. She was extremely responsive...

Pros

Easy to use, simple GUI and immediat repsonse by support staff.

Cons

Wish it could directly integrate with MS Dynamics Great Plains

Dear Adam, Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. I am pleased to know you enjoyed working with Theresa and her team. They are our support dream team! I know that Theresa loves helping our clients, so it is great to know how she made your implementation easier and timely. I also appreciate your feedback regarding integration with MS Dynamics Great Plains. I have passed this recommendation on to our development team leader. Thank you for being our valued client. We really appreciate your business. Best wishes, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

Best Expense Report Software!

Overall experience with ExpensePoint has been great. Truly the best expenses software I have ever used by far.

Pros

Apart from being a 100% user friendly to both users and admin, what I really like about expensepoint is that it can be customized according to business needs. And when it's customized, it even works like magic! Also, when ExpensePoint team promises you the best customer service, they actually mean it! They're always available to help you anytime, wherever part of the world you may be.

Cons

Limited information displayed for the transactions (description not shown) when viewing the entire report which is a bit difficult when browsing quickly to look for a specific transaction by its description. I would need to open each transaction to see it's full description.

Dear Rachelle, Thank you for taking the time to provide your wonderful comments about ExpensePoint. I am very pleased with your overall experience with not only the program but also with our company service and support; it means a lot to us to hear those things from clients. I have also asked your support team to contact you to see if there are better ways for us to expand on the viewing experience...

Great Product and Customer Service!

The benefits of time, efficiency and electronic approval have been the most rewarding features. The customer service that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have provided in incomparable with thorough and timely responses - a wonderful experience!!

Pros

We love that the product is so versatile and allows us to customize it as needed. In addition, the ability to move from a paper system to completely electronic with an electronic workflow has resulted in huge time and process efficiencies for our company.

Cons

The only con is the learning curve associated with the admin roles; however when questions arise Customer Service is very knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Dear Amy, Thank you for your amazing review of ExpensePoint. We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with our customer service team. I will be passing your review on to them. I am pleased to know you have benefited from the electronic approval process by increased efficiency. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint as your expense management system. We look forward to providing you with the very best of employee expense report automation for many years to come. Yours truly, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

Expense Point

Great tool for processing expenses and running reports. Charges derived from corporate credit cards are placed in user's profile which assists in creating a more accurate expense report. Employees appreciate the ease of use.

Pros

1) Easy to train employees on usage 2) Virtually eliminates the use of paper 3) Accessible 4) Good report writer 5) Great customer service

Cons

1) Timing out too quickly when idle 2) At times, having to switch browsers to log on

Dear Wade, Thank you so much for your amazing review. I am glad that ExpensePoint has been a great tool for your company. It is good to hear that your users have found it easy to learn and use, and that it has made the whole process of expense reporting more efficient. I hope the issue of timing out has resolved, but I will have someone from your tech support team reach out to you. Thanks for your business. Sincerely, Sherry McKeen VP-Global Client Relations

ExpensePoint

Let me preface this review with the fact that I work for a small non-profit with about 55 employees. ExpensePoint works well as an expense reporting program. With the help of our customer service rep, I was able to setup our account code structure and approval chain. The account structure requires a sort of high level programing to assign certain departments different account codes and project...

Cons

Dear Peter, Thank you for your great and very constructive feedback. Our team have been notified of your suggestions and will look at integrating them into future upgrades of ExpensePoint. Thank you for being our customer. Paul Ansloos Director of Sales and Marketing

Recplaced SAP Concur

Very positive experience with the implementation and support team. They are the best. We did run into some bugs but they were quickly addressed and never really impacted our ability top process expense reports in a timely manner.

Pros

Flexibility of implementation. Personal touch of implementation and support. Simpler more intuitive interface. Receipt reading and matching is great.

Cons

Need to have the right type of credit card for automatic upload of transactions. Our small business BofA card needs to be manually downloaded and uploaded.

Dear Paul, Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. I am pleased that you found value in our customization of implementation and support. I am sorry to hear that your bank does not integrate with the uploading of transactions. If you are interested in switching to a credit card that is compatible ExpensePoint issues a MasterCard that is fully integrated. I will have one of our team members reach out to you. Thank you for being our client. We appreciate your business. Best wishes, Sherry McKeen- V.P. Global Client Relations

Great Service team, flexibility for any reports you need

Every company has its unique requirement on process and reporting. ExpensePoint service team can always make it happen for you. People are comparing UI of expense reporting between vendors when find a system. I don't really see much differences on UI between vendors. The reporting and date transferring to finance system are much more important from my experience. It would be a nightmare if I don't have a full service team to back me up.

Pros

Be able to generate any kind of reports needed for management and finance. Flexible design on approval process setting. Strong and Friendly service team back you up for all technical needs.

Cons

Exchange rate set by the system might not be the same as the rate used by bank at the time wire the payment to oversea employees. This is inconvenient only if you have remote employees from overseas.

Dear Patrick, Thank you for your very positive comments on ExpensePoint. I especially appreciate your remarks about our Service team. In my opinion, having a great experience any software can be very quickly decided on by the support you receive after the purchase, so I thank you for these comments and I will be sure to forward them on to our team. Thank you also for choosing ExpensePoint as your automated expense reporting solution. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos Vice President - Sales & Marketing

Expense Point saves time

The customer service that we have received has been excellent. Questions have been answered in a timely fashion and screen shots of our system provided to explain an issue or fix were appreciated.

Pros

We decided to utilize the Expense Point Mastercard for ease of downloading transactions directly into Expense Reports in Expense Point. No more questions of actual charges hitting the credit card - tips added incorrectly, forgotten charges, or guessing. Staff simply categorizes entries that need to be categorized and attach receipts - saving time. We then upload a file from EP into our Accounting software.

Cons

Sometimes, it seems that pulling reports is cumbersome and still figuring out potential duplicate entries from learning curve of manual versus automated entry of transactions.

Dear Molly, Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. We really appreciate your feedback and your comments about pulling reports. We do have an analysis report that you can run to determine if there are any duplicate entries. One of our team members will be sure to reach out to you to show you this report and also to walk you through the Analysis Manager area more. Thank you for being our client. Kind regards, Paul Ansloos - V.P. Global Sales & Marketing

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.