Invoice2go Logo

Create & send professional invoices across every device

Invoice2go Reviews

Suggested alternatives

honeybook
stripe-billing
netsuite

I like the ease of use once you have set up your account and all your items or services you plan to offer. I love the app on the iOS platform makes it very useful on the go.
This can be confusing at times being able to adjust your settings.
Sent invoices are sometimes fall into clients spam or junk mail or are not able to view PDF attachments.

JD

Jason D.

Owner

Entertainment, self-employed

Great Invoicing and Accounting App Unfortunately Overpriced

Transcript

Jason D.: Hi, I'm Jason, and I'm the owner of a small business. I gave Invoice2go four out of five stars....

JH

Jared H.

Graphic Designer

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Just another invoicing app

Transcript

Jared: Hi, my name's Jared. I am a graphic and web designer and my rating for Invoice2go is four out...

SC

Scott C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

10 stars if I could! THIS COMPANY CARES!! A decade of loyal partnership says it all!

Over the past decade, we have remained loyal to Invoice2go. We love their small business feel and their ability to meet the needs of our company promptly and efficiently every time! They cater to all businesses big and small and are consistently actively engaged in improving, and attaining viable solutions to meet the growing needs of their clientele. THIS COMPANY CARES. (And THAT alone— is huge!)

Pros

Easy to use. Customer support is amazing! The product is professional and reliable. Affordable. And you really know that they care about your success. After all, that’s the best way to achieving their own success (which they’ve certainly accomplished!)

Cons

Bug fix needed. I don’t like that I can’t call support anymore but they’ve made up for that with prompt, efficient communications amongst their team via whichever network they use to communicate with one another in order to operate as a singular unit to provide effective and outstanding customer support!!

HB

Herman B.

Security and Investigations, self-employed

Invoice2go is great!

I’ve used it over the years as they keep improving it. I usually like the improvements.

Pros

I like the way it helps me track my income and expence’s. I like that it helps me invoice my customers. It makes me look very professional. Customizable invoice layout is pretty easy.

Cons

The price is steep. I think Intuit’s similar product is $300. Some times when I convert an estimate to invoice it brings up another invoice. The sales tax has to be added each time even though I have saved items I repeatedly enter.

Thank you, Herman! Customizable and professional-looking invoices are a huge part of what we do, so we are glad you find our features intuitive to use. We offer a variety of plans starting at 5.99 per month. Please check them out on our website. Thanks again for leaving us this review!

EM

Elizabeth M.

Accounting, self-employed

Was once a great app.........

Disappointing

Pros

This app was fantastic for time tracking and well priced when I first started using it about 2 years ago

Cons

2 factor authentication, introduced around Oct 2020 is TERRIBLE Price increase makes the app very expensive now. I will not renew once my yearly subscription has expired. The 2FA is USELESS. So annoyed and disappointed. I can no longer log in efficiently to an app that I have paid good money for. Especially with the price hike, you would think the company would invest in some quality 2FA (google authenticator, sms code) rather than some cheap useless verification email that takes AGES to arrival and always goes to junk (even if you create rules ect, still goes to junk) then when the email finally comes through, you verify yourself (if it hasn't already expired) and then you still CAN'T GET INTO THE APP!!

Hello Elizabeth. Thank you for expressing your concerns with 2FA. While we have launched updates since this review and are consistently working on expanding and improving our 2FA feature, we allow users to turn 2FA off. For detailed instructions on disabling 2FA, please check out our article on our help center, https://support.2go.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049057751-Email-Two-Factor-Authentication/. We would love to hear from you to further understand your concerns. Please email us at support@invoice2go.com. Thank you again!

AB

Alan B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Invoice2go Customer Review

Great! We have referred many new customers based on our experiences and will continue to do so. My wife just started a new business called RepBizz and she bought a subscription

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. We like being able to do everything using our mobile devices in addition to our desktop computers

Cons

Had a few issues with credit card processing and delays getting our funds into our bank account. This service was from an outside vendor and we did get it resolved.

Hey Alan! We are so grateful for your review and recommendation! Congratulations to your wife on opening up a new business, RepBizz! We are excited to help support you both on your journey with your businesses, and should you need anything, we are more than happy to help. Happy invoicing!

KP

Keith P.

user

keeps track of all ongoing business transactions

Pros

Product easy to use when on the road

Cons

Tough to update and make changes to clients creates multiple entries not templates to work off of Arrangement of past invoices seems odd Would like to have more options store important or unpaid items in a separate account. Would like to have multiple account options for additional businesses

Hey Keith. Thank you for leaving us this review. We appreciate the feedback and have brought your suggestions up to our product team. We would love to hear from you to gather more detail about your business needs. Please send us an email to support@invocie2go.com at your earliest convenience.

SH

Sarah H.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Great for small businesses - Saves your time and is worth the money

As an owner and main photographer of a photography business, I am so busy all the time with tasks and managing inquiries. The app helps me quickly send quotations, invoices, track payments and expenses all while I'm out of the office.

Pros

The software is customizable so you don't see it's coming from an app. It raises your professional aesthetic and saves an incredible amount of time. I can be out and about as a photographer, get an inquiry, make an estimate within a few months and send it to a client from my phone. The client can approve the quotation, it moves to an invoice, and the whole process is amazing. The customer service has also been great anytime I've had a small issue.

Cons

I do wish there were easier options to use multiple currencies, but it's not impossible. Unfortunately the easy payment methods are not applicable in Oman where we usually operate from, but if Paypal gets approved someday for Omani currency this won't be an issue. I also wish it was a little more affordable, or there were benefits for being a longer-term customer.

BD

Barbara D.

Photography, self-employed

Invoice2go makes billing so easy!

I've used Invoice2go for my last 2 businesses! I don't have an accountants mind, so the fact that this software is so easy to set up and use has been great! It looks bad (and is bad for the bottom line) for a business to let bookkeeping matters lag and this software makes it easy for someone whose strengths don't lie in numbers/accounting to easily keep an accurate view of your business financials. The ease of use makes invoicing so much less time-consuming and allows me to spend that time improving my business!

Pros

After you've taken the time to enter products/prices/tax rates and client databases almost everything from that point forward is just a menu selection. Calculation is done for you! Reports are done for you. You have an overview of sales by client, date range, past-due invoices and due dates. You also have year-to-date totals and variable time ranges of your choosing to help get a better feel for the direction sales are going and a comparison of past years! It also gives a easy picture of which clients are past due and by how long so action can be taken sooner rather than later! And it allows easy preparation for tax time!

Cons

There are many layouts available based on your business needs and many customization options, however I think that the graphics and 'feel' of the invoices could use some improvement! The functionality, which is the most important however, is great!

KP

Karole P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Invoice2Go - the Next Best Platform?

It was good while it lasted. I watched the platform started to implement sensible upgrades which showed growth. It is my first love but I had to move on since my company was growing in leaps and bounds and I had trouble keeping up using Invoice2Go platform.

Pros

I loved the simplicity of preparing Invoices and Estimates. I had trouble growing my business because the platform seemed starter service rather than management capable. There is plenty plenty room for growth.

Cons

I hated the Payment platform used which is Stripe. Funds takes a minimum of 4 days to hit account. This was discussed on several occasions and they assured it took between 24-48 hours after deduction from client's banking platform. That was not so. I tracked the process several times and the least it has ever taken is three days. It made Cash Flow impossible resulting in insufficient funds bank charges. There are platforms paying in 24 hours maximum and instantly without a fee.

Misty V.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Invoice2 go

Pros

The style and layout of the whole system is extremely nice. It converts from mobile app to desktop. It allows real time updates of the data. Also restricting users access.

Cons

The cost of this software and the poor communication of the staff. We are really busy as everyone and when the software renewed it had jumped in price. It is a nice software. But they are reaching too far in price. So I did not renew. And they locked all past data no access unless you renew. That's fine I keep copies. But leaves a bad taste for this company. Now using a free app which works for everything we need with out own custom db. But for others there are more reasonable companies that does not homd your data hostage.

mR

mykhaylo R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Fix the bug with phone number on invoices and estimates

Its good, customer support is there. Wish the bugs would get fixed faster

Pros

Quick, simple and relatively easy to use

Cons

There are a few bugs and very big requirements for fast internet

DM

Douglas M.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Great for quick invoicing for single users.

Unresponsive when ask them to customize settings or add critical creatures.

Pros

Great for quick invoicing for single users.

Cons

Cannot retrieve deleted invoices for audit purposes.

TH

Troy H.

Frustrating

Pros

I like it when I can remember to constantly be remembering to go click save every minute or 2. If I didn't, anything could wipe out everything I written in an estimate. A phone call, checking another app, etc. Not every time but a lot of times if I left the screen, I was going to lose my estimate. And some take hours to type up if it's a full house remodel.

Cons

I think I already said all the cons in the pro section. This time the app crashed on me and I contacted customer service and they just proceeded to tell me it wasn't their fault because I have a bad connection. Lol my connection is rock solid at my house! I told them a 1 month($5.99) refund would be nice for the time they wasted but just received an email of course they are denying me that too. That was the final straw. I think I wouldve stuck around and grew my company with them but if I'm not worth a measly 5.99 to them, I'll move on before it becomes more difficult to move on!

DS

Dale S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Disappointed your told stuff on the phone that does not happen… it’s all about billing high

Disappointed

Pros

Felt it was easy to use, and easy to teach others to enter clients an make an invoice

Cons

$&more

BB

Bobby B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

My recommendations

9 out of 10

Pros

Multiple reasons- Online, Phone App, accounting, recurring invoices, reporting, customization in designing, reminders, estimates

Cons

Every thing works perfect for my business except these two issues: 1. Sender email ID "MUST" be of the company not invoice2go, it confuses the client and give a negative impact on branding 2. Also under recurring invoices there should be yearly recurring of invoices as well

BM

Bob M.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Big Office for a small operator

Great

Pros

Ease of use, carry in my backpocket, sync with laptop

Cons

Needs an eftpos connection such as square

mh

mike h.

Buyer beware

Horrible I bought it owned it then the updates & renewable every year for something that you own Stupid updates for more money that was not wanted

Pros

This is not the first time they have dropped the ball I'm six days in the new problem & waiting for them to tell me I'm so sorry but you win need to reinter the Imfo that you don't have Lol

Cons

No support In the past you could call with a problem Now you can chat with no results for a week

AF

Anais F.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Good for starters

I have used this software for about 5 years. Even though they continue to improve the system they still like a lot in the customer service department. Only buy it if you are able to self navigate then it’s okay, otherwise stay away.

Pros

That it is a okay software for cheap price. Once you grow you will need better software.

Cons

I do t like when invoices or other information goes missing and customer service is not helpful in trying to recover it.

CM

Christina M.

Would (and probably will) Resubscribe

After using Invoice2go for years, our accountant recommended switching over to Intuit Quickbooks. We will be switching back to invoice2go very soon.

Pros

VERY user friendly for people who are not tech-savvy. Offers a lot of different features like customizing invoicing, estimates, appointment tracking, mile tracking, purchase orders, etc.

Cons

Every product/service description is automatically saved. Would like to enter products and services separately only to then add to each estimate and invoice.

DM

Dan M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great For Startups

Love it

Pros

I needed an easy to use invoicing software for my startup. After looking at several options (and even trying a couple of others-briefly) I found and started using Invoice2go. I like the simplicity, the ability to customize and their customer service is very responsive.

Cons

I haven’t had any issues. My bookkeeper has been wanting to integrate to Quickbooks and I just saw that feature has been added…so no complaints

Rq

Ricardo q C.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Nor for Large Companies

Pros

I like how easy it was to use very user friendly

Cons

The fact that I could only do invoicing and process payments but i could not use it to pay contractors or vendors or to even do payroll

AA

Anthony A.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

The Mobility of invoicing

Very positive and it helps keep me organized , I’ve been using this system for well over 10 years.

Pros

The ability to generate and send invoice over text, or email . The new project folder is also very helpful in keeping various invoices from the same project in one place.

Cons

Accepting Apple Pay online and via text would be exceptional.

kd

ken d.

construction company

Loses invoices, they vanish, and cannot be retrieved. I have noticed that I have lost invoices and they are completely gone, I called customer report if I can find the invoice number they can retrieve it?? Does me no good if it comes up missing and I don't see it gone. I don't understand why they can't find the Glitch in the software and guarantee me that it won't happen again. I am currently looking to find a better invoice software.

Pros

quick invoicing

Cons

loses invoices, cannot make progress bills off a single invoice, such as draws on a project.

Rc

Robert c.

Forced

I’m still with it after 12 years

Pros

Easy to use . Nice customizing of invoices

Cons

No mass delete of previous years . Hard to update product changes in a large format

Thank you for the support over the past 12 years. We have and continue to improve our software, and a large part of that is with the help of feedback from our customers. Thanks for letting us know your desire for mass deletion and a larger format.

DL

Debbie L.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

I have used this product for 10 years was excellent till going on internet and icloud

For 9 years it was excellent, not now!!

Pros

It was easy to navigate and use. I loved the templates. .It was reliable and I was able to create many subfolders for one year.

Cons

Since going onto internet and icloud and getting away from the computer desktop, it has become a nightmare. I lose invoices and have to recreate them which takes a lot of extra time!!!!

KM

Karen M.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

You will not be disappointed

I really like it because it has freed up a lot of time, I would have been spending trying to get data out of a software program that was too hard to operate or understand.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and it never has any problems like other software I have used.

Cons

There is nothing difficult to use about it.