Hostaway Reviews

Hostaway

Vacation rental software for property management companies

4.47/5 (51 reviews)

Pros
  • After trying many alternative solutions on the market, we finally found Hostaway. While not perfect, it outperformers their rivals and offers a far more cost effective solution.Gary F.Read the full review
  • This software is easy to use, big advantage is app for your phone. And I would like to mention that this team is really working hard and they always improve this software, they listen you.Aleksandra Z.Read the full review
  • Integrates with a number of good channels for STRs and they have very responsive customer service.Lisa M.Read the full review
Cons
  • TRIED CANCELLING ACCOUNT MULTIPLE TIMES HAD TO DISPUTE CHARGES. Interface confusing terrible customer support saw no value tried to cancel multiple times.scott t.Read the full review
  • They had this corrected in just a week. The most recent issue I reported was also something that affected every user and they are working hard even now to correct it in a timely manner.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Not accurate "earnings section" lack of precise currency exchange and missing externals fee like cleanings.Pawe P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Justin No

Hostaway Review

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
Very easy to use and it is good to book rental vacations

Cons
everything is good with this software but customer service does take a while.

Breean Hewitt

WE LOVE HOSTAWAY

Reviewed 2020-03-30

Pros
We did several demos on different PMS companies. What I learned is that everyone offers something different. Hands down, Hostaway has been the best fit for our needs and the customer service is nothing short of top-notch. Highly recommend them!!!

Cons
Every software is not going to have all your needs but Hostaway has worked with me, listened, and responded to all my needed request. I'd love to see automated smart responses and few other efficiencies added to the PMS but this company is passionate and committed to working with the client and I feel like a partner with this team rather than a customer. I'm a big fan :)

Brian B

Good for basics

Reviewed 2019-03-12

Sugar coated software

Pros
Initial set up and support was great, great for small property owners

Cons
Support after set up, functionality, crucial issues don’t get fixed (it’s been months)

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Aleksandra Zinoveva

This is what you need for your business

Reviewed 2020-03-25

Pros
I have used another channels manager before and to compare to them this is the best! I don't have any problems with synchronisation, no overbooking, that makes my life much easier )) As well I save lot of time on messages. Because you can use automations in Hostaway. This software is easy to use, big advantage is app for your phone. And I would like to mention that this team is really working hard and they always improve this software, they listen you! You don't need 80 channels to sell your apartment. Hostaway has enough channels for max occupancy rate.

Cons
May be would be good to make an option to copy prices for another apartment (because I have 4 same apartment in the same building), so I don't need to spend my time to make prices for similar apartments.

Serena Somani

Makes my day more efficient

Reviewed 2020-02-04

Excellent quick replies on questions. They offer a product that is easy to navigate quickly.

Pros
LOVE IT - so easy on mobile! Automations are life changing :P Price point can't be beat!

Cons
Wanting more services so I can continue making my life easier! :) I have just added Stripe payments with HostAway which is great too!

Sophie Davey

Reviewed 2019-12-03

They have helped us link all our properties and ensure we can respond from one central messaging system

Pros
Helpful functionality, great customer service and support

Cons
Nothing we are very happy with it. Any teething problems have been resolved by the customer support service

Gary Fox

The team makes the product

Reviewed 2020-04-20

Pros
After trying many alternative solutions on the market, we finally found Hostaway. While not perfect, it outperformers their rivals and offers a far more cost effective solution. The best bit however, is the people behind the product. Whenever we encountered a challenge or an issue, the Hostaway team worked to solve it rapidly. What impressed me most was that during the Covid-19 issue, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on the phone, helping customers. That says it all really. Would recommend.

Cons
Would have liked easier setup process as it required changing of all logins.

Anonymous

Hostaway Has Streamlined Many Aspects of My Business

Reviewed 2019-01-14

Hostaway has treated me with great care and respect. Due to their commitment to their customers and the time and care, they have spent with me, and the fact that they are growing every single day despite the success level they have already reached; Hostaway is a company I plan to stay with for the rest of my vacation rental management career.

Pros
What I love most about Hostaway is the ability to organize guest info and messaging onto one platform which has enabled the fastest guest response rates of my entire career.

Cons
Many kinks in the system still as they are a younger company. But every day that I reach out to the support to report that something is either wrong with my account or something is wrong in the entire system, they immediately get to work on correcting the error no matter large. The last issue I flagged for Hostaway was something that negatively affected EVERY user of their software. They had this corrected in just a week. The most recent issue I reported was also something that affected every user and they are working hard even now to correct it in a timely manner. There may be many kinks to still work out throughout their platform, but their ability to accept my feedback to then correct it immediately makes them the company I want to stick with. They even take suggestions for additional features that a property management service can prove they need and they are currently working at developing a feature I suggested myself for Q2 2019 release!

Lisa Marion

Great PMS and channel manager in one that actually integrates with Airbnb. Continually improving!

Reviewed 2017-05-07

Pros
Integrates with a number of good channels for STRs and they have very responsive customer service. Any time I have a question I get an answer within a day, and they even update me on development timelines so I know what new features to expect. I've watched this company grow and hope to see even more out of it in the future

Cons
Still a little new (as of spring 2017) so some kinks being worked out, and some features are needed to make it truly powerful, but I feel confident that this time next year they will have all the most important features down pat!

Sean Ragsdale

Excellent Software

Reviewed 2017-02-17

As an independent property manager, I have been looking for a low-cost solution to help manage my vacation rentals. A lot of the online PMS solutions out there are just too bloated and expensive. Since I manage less than 10 rentals, I needed something with reasonable costs and that fit my workflow. Hostaway is an Airbnb first platform which is great since that is where I earn most of my business. They are able to propagate the Airbnb listing on many other platforms and sync my calendars and rates. There are a few glitches and learning curves to overcome but the customer service has been very responsive. Overall, I'm very happy that I found Hostaway and I will continue to use them.

Pros
It fits my workflow and has great features. Not too bloated like other PMS solutions. Excellent for freelance property managers.

Cons
There are some glitches but overall the software is easy to use and navigate.

Vasilis Diakogeorgiou

The Best Channel Manager

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Hostaway is an excellent channel manager. I have been using it the last 3 years between my team and has helped to organise my properties with ease! Everything is synced between all channels, prices, availabilities etc. With task manager my cleaners are all informed on when they have to visit a propertiy and all the details they have to take care. The Hostaway team is always there for me, at any question I might have and always get under consideration any feature proposal!! Overall, I would not change the Hostaway at all!! Thank you very much Hostaway team!Keep Up!

Pros
Ease of use Availability Synchronisation Price Synchronisation Wordpress Plugin Messages And Many many other features

Cons
There is nothing I don't like with Hostaway. A few times I have asked for something that is not available, the Hostaway Team added it to their "To do list" and gets it done very soon!!

landon goold

Hardest working team in the vacation rental software industry!

Reviewed 2019-05-09

Pros
Hostaway comes highly recommended from us as the clear cut best value for the money vacation rental software. For a relatively low per listing monthly fee everything is included. Perhaps the best part of Hostaway is their clear interest in improving their software. They continue to make improvements and make it easier to use and more functional for vacation rental managers. When I have an issue their support team is quick to respond to me and also quick to fix the issue. Once you begin working with Hostaway its clear to see the people behind it are the ones you want to align your business with.

Cons
It does not have all functionality of other vacation rental management softwares. It does not have integrated automatic credit card processing and a few other features are missing. However it was missing more features a year ago, but the Hostaway team continues to fill in the gaps!

Ulrich F.

Essential for daily business of property managers

Reviewed 2019-11-21

I want to highlight that I am a user from the start and admire the accessibility of the Hostaway team and that the listened to what we need and then develop most relevant features.

Pros
Essential for daily business of property managers. We were able to automate most of regular tasks (messages, payment) and are able to cross post on various platforms. Hence, Hostaway allows us to focus on what is core - adding new properties with ease.

Cons
Nothing. Some elements are yet in beta, but they will get there.

Rebecca Sither

Hostaway, yet another amazing booking software.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
The customer service for Host away is exceptional. Whenever there is a problem or there is an issue setting up the interface, Host away staff is there 24/7 to help with any questions. The ease of use, functionality, and appearance of the product is also great.

Cons
The payment process has been a bit clunky at times, but that may have just been our server. Other than that and sometimes being slow, this has been a very helpful product!

Simon Pfau

Great product with innovativ ideas

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
Easy to use and very straight forward. Details are very carefully thought through. Great and fast support. Especially our customer rep. knows the product very well and has great to ideas for solving upcoming problems. All in all great value for money.

Cons
Few things are in early stage but getting developed and improved more and more. For connection apartments, the implementation is still a bit though but I´m sure our customer rep. and his team will solve that soon.

Jochem Blokker

Respons / Have a nice stay

Reviewed 2019-12-19

I am very happy with the help I have received [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], they have all helped me very pleasantly, i'm happy about that.

Pros
1 agenda , multiple bookingsites, template messaging

Cons
it does not recognize languages, i working and answering in 3 languages , you can't schedule a template per property per language.

Pawe Ptasznik

Just superb

Reviewed 2017-02-24

I have to really admit that hosteway from the early beginning is the only one channel manager I use. I got two listings which are basically managed at all stages through hostaway. The constant development and new addons makes it better & better and its really worth to consider for "small" hosts like me.

Pros
Easy dashboard, multi new addons, useful, essentials

Response from Hostaway

Andrea Heaney

Excellent product and service

Reviewed 2020-04-05

Great service all round and easy to use

Pros
Automatically updates and syncs my calendar across booking platforms. Auto messaging to guests Excellent onboarding support

Cons
One of our booking platforms would not allow automated messages as we did not have enough properties listed

Artem Belov

Great customer service

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
Very easy to add platforms, perfect message automation

Cons
I need more options to the mobile app!!

Frank Sander

Best booking app for hosts on the global market

Reviewed 2017-02-18

Easy to use interface, speedy synchronization of various booking platforms, constantly improving functionality and the BEST customer service one can think of, makes this clever software the best on the market!

John Bhimji

Great overall, customer support needs improvement. Integration with some channels slow.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

All in one place platform

Pros
Good all in one package, easy integration with Airbnb, good layout, each unit calendar is good, the same basis as Airbnb.

Cons
Support. Sales don't fulfill their promises. Multi-calendar needs work. Keeps jumping after each input. Revenue manager needs improvement. 2 months later and still not connected to my major bookings provider. Guys, if you had sent me a review form, I would have told you all this.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Viktor Kolar

It works better then expected.

Reviewed 2017-02-18

I was searching the internet far and wide for a solution that would reliably sync our room. It does this without fail. What I like the most is the super fast support. I needed help to find some settings and had some general questions about pricing when the chat support came in handy. I've learned about the Hostawey platform trough a web forum when doing my research.

Pros
Simplicity of GUI and use.

Cons
Some features didn't work at first; multicalender didn't show occupation of rooms correctly.

Moira O'Brien

Overall a good product

Reviewed 2017-02-28

As a time and effort saver, even in its present partly developed state, this is a very usable product. There are still a few hiccups but so long as one is aware of them, they do not detract from the usability, merely that the additional functionality can't yet be relied upon, specifically the automation which has not worked for us. Overall, we are very pleased and would not like to be without it!

Pros
Automated connection to AirBnB and Booking.com ensuring that there is no double booking.

Cons
Automation not yet working

Josh Wilson

Hostaway Vacation Rental Software

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-05

It can be used by not only the owner but it can also be used by a property manager, it appears to me that it can be used simultaneously to manage many different properties and to tackle a lot of challenges that property managers face.

Pros
Able to have direct bookings from site has easily made it easier to generate more revenue and easier on the end user.

Cons
Not sure that a mobile app was the best thing to add into the capabilities or focus as it is so much easier to use a computer to access and better overall use.

Kalyn Hoffman

Good first impressions

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2017-07-13

Pros
I was checking out host away to manage some vacation rental postings on multiple platforms. Hostaway streamlines the rental system by combining bookings from several medias. The interface is easy to use and doesn't overwhelm you with a lot of options!

Cons
I have not contacted customer service yet, so I can't comment on the service communication however, it does seem like they've had an influx of customers resulting in a slightly less personal experience.