Hostaway Logo
Hostaway

Vacation rental software for property management companies

visit website

Hostaway Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

Easy to use, good connection with few platform, good user friendly design. Some of the features are good.
The customer support is excellent and they are constantly updating and improving. As you grow in number of listings the pricing becomes one of the best in the industry.
It has been good working with them and the customer support has been wonderful. The learning curve is really steep so it just takes time to get things really set up and understood.
Long time to receive an answer and they reply without looking at your enquiry, just sending random links to their knowledge base. Just useless if you have an urgent problem.
Difficult functionality, unable to put in standard restrictions or rules that you can when dealing with the channels directly.
Response time can be delayed due to timezone challenges.

SM

Stephanie M.

Account Manager & Virtual Assistant

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommend!

Transcript

Stephanie M.: Hi, my name is Stephanie. I'm an account manager and virtual assistant. I give Hostaway...

MH

Midge H.

Owner

Support from Hostaway

Transcript

Midge: Hi, I am Midge, and I am the owner and manager. I give Hostaway four out of five stars. And you...

George N.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Amazing Software and easy to use

Starting from the inquiry till the sale was done and onboarding, it was a very smooth process, sales team members were very informative, support and onboarding team were very cooperative and organised

Pros

This is not Just a software for property management, it is a smart soloution to handle all of tasks

Cons

almost nothing i am really surprised from how easy is it

GP

Gayle P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Overall feedback

Happy. Just disappointed in the support center that uses email and not live chat or connection. It is very difficult to EMAIL complaints vs connect online and resolve quickly.

Pros

Unified inbox Analytics - although it shows group level and not multi unit

Cons

No revenue / occupancy management tool No report for staying guests for a specific date

CG

Carrie G.

Horrible Customer Service

Pros

The initial onboarding process went well. I have never had an issue with double bookings and the automated messaging is really helpful.

Cons

Customer service is basically non-existent. If you call about an issue they will tell you a specialist will get back to you and then they never do. If you are a property manager with multiple owners PLEASE do not use this software. The financial reporting and owner statement piece is a wreck and you will spend hours trying to work it out every month with absolutely no help.

KE

Kerry E.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

my hostaway review

Its ok but a little over priced for the offerings in our country

Pros

multi platform Channel management and calendar sync

Cons

Doesn't allow for southern time zones...

MH

Mikke H.

My honest review

Pretty good! The inbox, calendar etc are good! Also, Mr. [sensitive content hidden] is doing an amazing job during the onboarding calls. I just wish the direct booking website had the option to set more length of stay discounts.

Pros

The onboarding process was good and Mr. [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful. He did a great job during the onboarding calls and he is very easy to approach!

Cons

The direct booking website doesn't allow you to set length of stay discounts (other than just weekly and monthly). This makes the website less competitive, and booking through the OTA's more attractive. Also it could be nice if the website had more customization options in terms of page background color, etc.

JH

JOELEEN H.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

fix my issue please with booking.com- i am not a fan of bdc

Pros

John is a great technical person.Very helpful thank you.

Cons

they dont connect changes to booking.com, you have to manually do it. south africa cannot do direct invoices because of stripe, meaning i cant do direct bookings on the website, have to pay a charge automation which i dont want

DD

Deidre D.

Real Estate, self-employed

personal onboarding

mostly good and I am willing to stay with it awhile to see if it A-gets easier to use, B- pays off in more bookings, C- affords automations that will truly save me time.

Pros

personal one-on-one sessions w [sensitive content hidden] were instrumental in my understanding what Hostaway can do and learning how to do it. there were a few glitches with channel managers that would have prevented me from sticking with Hostaway; fortunately [sensitive content hidden]'s consulting helped me solve these.

Cons

it's tricky to learn, the UX is not super intuitive or easy to read. It's expensive and I have not seen a significant increase in bookings yet to justify the expense. also the app is not as robust as the website so i feel I must travel with my laptop (vs just my phone) in order to manage bookings etc. that is inconvenient. i also wish there were a guest view so i could see what guests see.

HB

Heidi B.

Recent Hostaway intereraction

very good. Very quick to answer the phone. Very easy to do google meet meetings with, very trained staff

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] was successful after trying a variety of strategies, to get a something done that was very successful for me, changing a map that wasn't loading correctly. Together we figured it out and got it working in real time. We had tried 3 other strategies. He didn't give up and basically we talked it through during the 40 minute call. He was very patient and good-humored and I enjoyed talking with him. I didn't have to wait at all to get a Hostaway helper on the phone.

Cons

About latest interaction, there was nothing that was unsatisfactory. Except I would like more customizability in the booking engine section, especially for adding a page to the site in a custom design. The template is a bit narrow, but there is away to use a url site to import something of variation from the template.

EM

Edward M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Easy Onboarding with [sensitive content hidden] - Good Product

Pros

Product has performed as promised. Onboarding specialist [sensitive content hidden] was great getting me up to speed on all the various features and elements of the package. Good product to consolidate functions from the STR business into one platform. Especially, considering that they are planning additional consolidation of verticals into the system.

Cons

The product is priced like a rolls royce

AI

Alevtina I.

good beggining

[sensitive content hidden] was very helpfull with onboarding, his explications were clear, his attitude was very nice and professional, he helped us to know the platform, he resolved our doubts, we are very happy with his assistance

Pros

Dashboard userfriendly, a lot of integrations, fast syncronizations, helpfull functions

Cons

there is no app for guests where can see reservation information, istructions etc

DD

Daniel D.

I love using Hostaway

I love using Hostaway. It's not the cheapest product; however, it's nice to have all the features I want in one place instead of slapping together a few cheaper products to try to get the same result.

Pros

The thing I like most about Hostaway is the ease of use. I manage my properties while working another job, so I need automation. The automated messaging and task creation with saved checklists really saves a ton of time. My cleaner also really likes it because he can just update the cleaning tasks via the app. I really only have to answer one-off questions from guests because I'm able to seamlessly...

Cons

The booking engine could look better. I used the WordPress plugin and don't love the overall look; however, I figured by the time guests get to that point on my website they're already very interested in booking and won't be turned off by the look.

DM

Daniel M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Hostaway -- best ease of use and amazing support

Pros

I checked out probably 20 different PMS solutions, and had individual demos of about 10. Hostfully was in my top 3, here's why I went with them. 1). Easy interface, web-app enabled for 90% of what my managers need to do day to day, so it's easy to deal with on the go. 2). Top tier API integrations with the platforms I cared most about, VRBO and AIRBNB. 3). Their sales rep was really knowledgable...

Cons

Nothing that has bothered me yet. I think it would be nice if there was a bit more pricing tools and options, but if you are connecting to a third party Pricing Management solution (which I'm going to be doing soon) then it doesn't really impact your workflow.

MB

Mickey B.

New to Hostaway

Pros

Having Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and our own direct booking link in one place is great. The pricing modifications between OTA's are a huge plus along with setting longer stays to be available further out is one of the features we needed. Support is great when you have questions.

Cons

It is pretty complex, and is taking a while to get everything set up. It isn't as easy as setting up an Airbnb, or VRBO account, But there is much more going on between the sites. Getting things all setup and learning the steps to create a reservation, change availability, and see how those changes affect what you are trying to accomplish isn't as visible as we would like. Its an amazing powerful system, and worth going through the steps to setup and learn. We have a much larger picture in mind so baby steps are being taken for our 1st 2 properties.

Mickey, Thank you for the honest review and overall 4 stars. When switching to a PMS that has all the features/functions as Hostaway offers, we completely understand that there can sometimes be a learning curve if coming directly from a channel, or from a less feature-rich property management software. We offer an onboarding service that is very flexible, to ensure that we meet our customers...

GR

Greg R.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great customer service and on boarding to get me up and running.

I've had a great experience overall. The software is robust i'm just starting to understand all of the features it provides.

Pros

User account management is great. Allowing tasks to be assigned out to different users at different levels is very helpful. Onboarding was very helpful. Channel management is complex and there is no one system that will meet every users needs. Having dedicated, scheduled time to talk though my individual issues was great and allowed me to get moving faster at a higher quality.

Cons

Channel management is complex and there were a few snags in getting it setup however with the onboarding calls the issues were quickly resolved. SMS message for tasks and reservation messaging would be nice to have.

Greg, We would like to extend a huge thank you for writing such an amazing review of our software. We are delighted to hear that you found the user account management great, the ability to assign tasks to different users at different levels helpful, and the onboarding process was very smooth. We are aware that channel management can sometimes be complex, and that setting it up can come with a few snags, but we are glad that the onboarding calls were able to quickly resolve the issues. We will also take your suggestion into consideration for SMS message for tasks and reservation messaging, and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. Thank you again for taking the time to write such an awesome review. -Josh from Hostaway

MB

Mary Beth B.

Best PMS in 2023

I haven't looked back. I believe it's going to help take my property management business to the next level with the latest in integrations, their focus on integrations, and the educational content they push out online. They also provide an onboarding experience that is extremely helpful in getting you up and running with their platform on day one. You're partnered with someone who helps you take all listings and set up features with you one-on-one so you are just done and don't have to take the time to figure out the platform with user manuals. They are wizards, and save you hours. [sensitive content hidden] was amazing!

Pros

Great user interface, great integrations across automating your STR/MTR business. Direct booking connect directly to website is seamless, and we now have access to OTA integrations across the big players like Airbnb, VRBO and booking.com AND mid-regional OTAs that are hyper local to us in Tampa Bay. We have increased our visibility, offer more channels for guests to book, increased conversion as a result, and have one stop PMS that really puts us in the drivers seat for operations. I switched from another leading PMS platform that I used for 2yrs and love Hostaway.

Cons

Messaging could have a better user interface. Looks a little 90s but it works, you just have to make sure you have messages sorting with the latest on top like the OTAs do so you're on top of the latest message. I believe default is a different setting.I could be wrong. Also, app doesn't allow PMs to add expenses. This would be a nice feature so PMs can add expenses on they fly, instead of just the desktop version.

MW

Madilin W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Hostaway is an all encompassing software that is vital to our Short Term Rental Management business!

Pros

Their support is great! After working with them for a year, we have only had one experience, out of probably 30, that was not great. They are a company that listens to their customers and strives to provide the best service. They are continuing to lead the market, grow their team, and improve their platform. Every issue we've ever had with the platform has been fixed or solved in an update. We are always pleased to log-in and get a notification of a new feature/partner/integration. It is clear they have a growth mindset and are looking to fill gaps in the market that other softwares leave you high and dry on.

Cons

We've never been able to reach them by phone, so we just send our inquiries by email. Sometimes it would take several days for them to get back to us. We are hoping this wait time decreased with the new funding they just received! Their support staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.

CD

Chloe D.

Hospitality, self-employed

New user, very happy with product and service!

Pros

Amazing customer service - the guidance was very communicative and thorough; all of my questions were answered and everything was demonstrated to me in great detail so that I fully understand how to use the platform to its full potential. Automated processes/messaging - saves so much time and extra effort, avoids communication errors/missed messages

Cons

The cost initially is quite high compared to other programs - however, the additional features are worth the extra cost, in my opinion.

KO

Kim O.

Top notch customer service

Pros

We found Hostaway to be the perfect option for our property management side of the business. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond meeting with us to get us started and through the first few months of operation. Now we deal primarily with the customer service via the app, and they get back to us immediately. They will either fix the issue we're having or we dialogue and troubleshoot to fix. They are constantly working to streamline the program for property managers in terms of calendar updates, updating listings etc. We host between 20-30 properties and they've been great to work with. Highly recommend.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are glitchy, but customer service immediately attends to the issue. It's a newer software and very inexpensive compared to its competitors so minors issues are is to be expected, but they troubleshoot and update constantly.

MS

Mike S.

PMS Solution

Overcoming the integration with other OTA's. Simplifying guest interactions and automating repetative tasks.

Pros

App allows some functionability on the go. When everything is set up correctly, facilitates property management and guest interactions.

Cons

Support response in the last 12 months. Seems to be improving now. Too many features to implement on own.

BA

Barbara A.

Very Helpful

Overall good experience but expensive

Pros

The guest portal is a big plus! Having the option of EXTRAS for guests is very good. They can add-on rentals and requests easily.

Cons

+Not allowing same guest, same credit card information to book more than 1 unit per time. +Not having option to manual customize my website cancellation policy similar to VRBO would be nice! (we refund 100% minus a $100 fee)+Not having the option to have multiple daily "rates" (ex: non refundable, pay upfront rate with discount and one normal rate that is refundable)+For the price, it would be very nice to have the pricing tool and smart lock integration. On the demo, before purchasing, I thought it did and I did not know it was extra.+VRBO messaging/Integration has some issues

TC

Troy C.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Critical choice in my business suceeding

The support and technology are top-notched. Hostaway enables me to communicate with my team and guests to provide outstanding service and enables me to optimize my business to run more efficiently, and effectively. I wouldn't be able to grow my business so fast without Hostaway and their excellent team

Pros

when I initially decided to move forward with Hostaway, the decision was based on features and benefits. As I am getting more familiar with the value it offers, the support team is outstanding and hands down what I like about most. They are knowledgeable, quick, and responsive. They really do care about your business and how to help you become more successful

Cons

there is a bit of a learning curve because of all the features and detailed reporting it offers. "Getting what you pay for" definitely applies here. with Hostaway you get a ton of support, a great product and the best value for a PMS.

SS

Sarah S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Efficiently Managing Multiple Booking Platforms with Hostaway: A Game-Changer for Retreet Resort!

We cannot praise Hostaway's customer support team enough. Specifically, [sensitive content hidden]. His prompt responses and extensive knowledge have resolved any queries or challenges we faced swiftly. He truly understands the hospitality industry and has tailored their assistance to suit our unique needs.

Pros

As the Marketing Director of Retreet Resort, I am thrilled to share our experience with Hostaway, a remarkable channel management software that has transformed our property management operations. We cannot stop raving about why we love this platform and how it has significantly enhanced our performance across multiple booking platforms.Effortless Integration:One of the standout features of Hostaway...

Cons

We haven't run into any yet and we trust it will stay that way.

JF

Joanne F.

Hospitality, self-employed

Once you use Hostaway as a channel manager there is no way you could go back to life without it.

Generally a very good experience. There was a bit of a delay at the beginning after my introductory session to see if I wanted to proceed. I experienced a few weeks delay before they came back to me to get signed up and start the onboarding. Then the training is pretty intensive once you are allocated a trainer. I did 7 days of training in about 10 days. So be prepared to find this quite demanding....

Pros

Pleasant user-friendly graphics and design of calendar, great way of looking at the financials - eg the analytic tools give you 'at a glance' on revenue, or per OTA, or % occupancy, the link to a payment API (I use Stripe), a means to add 'extras' to invoices eg luxury welcome pack, or bottle of wine.Messaging - you can do it all from the Hostaway platform (although as yet no means to add emojis if...

Cons

I would like the main calendar (not the mobile one) to highlight the day that is 'today' in some way. A different colour, or a coloured line around the day. This would make it really easy to find when you are scrolling backwards and forwards.A small thing, but I look forward to being able to include emojis in my messaging.Overall, I think it would be useful to have more training sessions scheduled...

HW

Henri W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Mislead during sales process and overcharged, refused refund

It's been a very bad start to be totally transparent. In addition to issues with the software and the overcharges, it's really been the absent support. I had to message an executive on LinkedIn to get anyone to respond. But they have no problem charging me (more than they're supposed to).

Pros

The best thing hostaway has going is it's automatic responses and integrations. With that being said, the automatic responses do NOT work on VRBO and, despite claiming to be a preferred integration partner, the process to integrate with VRBO took over 1.5 months and resulted in dozens of double bookings

Cons

1) Inability to integrate with VRBO / Booking.com 2) If you need help, forget about them answering the phone or returning your voicemail. One of the key selling points was their promise I could always get someone on the phone. It's been 2 months and I've called about a dozen times, not 1 single time has anyone answered or returned my call3) Automated messages don't work with VRBO. This was confirmed...

Henri, We apologize for any issues you may have encountered during the sales process and for any overcharges you may have experienced. I've personally taken this issue up and have refunded the amount requested, even though the contract that was signed was at a higher amount so that we can hopefully move past this. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and never intend to mislead or overcharge...

MD

Melissa D.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Continuous excellence in customer service

Great experience so far, thanks to:- An excellent customer support- Constant innovations - Incredibly helpful webinars - Tons of user guides to setup listings across all channels

Pros

Customer service is outstanding! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] especially always takes time to understand and resolve all our issues/questions The booking engine is super easy and efficient, easy to plug into our website

Cons

If we could get a phone line to call when we experience an urgent issue, it would be great. Instead of waiting on a ticket to be addressed I would be really interested in a model where I pay a fee that includes all integrations (with a noise sensor provider, a smart lock provider, a dynamic pricing tool provider, and a ops integrator like Breezeway). A fee that would be negotiated at high level by Hostaway and that would cost less than having an account with each partner and pay them directly. I recently had a call with Jurny about this Saas integrated model, and I liked it because it seems to save a lot of time in ops and reporting, and a lot of money too.

Our team is happy to hear that you have had an outstanding experience with one of our onboarding team members. We've passed those kudos along! We actually do have a support phone line, just takes a look at our website it is at the bottom or in your Hostway dashboard it is at the top left. If you have any questions or need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. -Josh from Hostaway