Recruiterbox Reviews

Recruiterbox

Recruiting Software & Applicant Tracking System

4.64/5 (181 reviews)

Pros
  • Overall I really enjoy using Recruiterbox. It's an absolute pleasure communicating with the customer support and it is an excellent tool.Paige R.Read the full review
  • It has been amazing and when given the chance I totally endorse this program. So user friendly and amazing.Jacklyn A.Read the full review
  • The ability to set up proactive communication with the candidates has ensured a seamless alignment with candidates which has improved our connect and engagement significantly.Kenneth W.Read the full review
Cons
  • Of course, NO ONE will CALL me even after reading this review - I bet you 10,000 emails they won't even bother. You have been warned - do not buy this ATS.Tannen G.Read the full review
  • They have lost notes on candidates, canceled interviews for no reason, and lock hiring managers out of seeing the candidates notes, so you ALWAYS need to double your work to cover your butt.Tannen G.Read the full review
  • The layout of the pages is just awful. You can't find anything - it is too convoluted.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Sreekumar J

A lightweight and effective ATS for small businesses

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Pros
Recruiting became a key responsibility area in mid-2016 with the emergence of expansion plans of my previous company. So far, recruitment was a once in a while activity as we were having a record employee retention rate. During 2015-17, I have received a special assignment, i.e recruitment efforts to fill many positions in the product management team on a war foot basis. Earlier we used to manage the recruitment cycle mostly around emails and tracing a particular transaction was so horrible. However, the recruiter box helped us to streamline the ATS without parking huge amount towards servers, deployment and licenses. I liked the usability portion. Recruiterbox deserves a huge applause for creating such a lightweight solution and great UX. The questions feature has helped to eliminate hundreds of job hoppers (Thanks Recruiterbox, otherwise we would have ended up in interviewing a lot of disinterested candidates) Another interesting observation is the amount of time the entire hiring team saved by focusing on a single tool. All activities including reviews, comments, scoring, recommendations inside Recruiterbox and no offline correspondence. We have made a practice of going to an interview room with a laptop to record observations and reviews, immediately. A newcomer to software services can also use this tool without any formal training. The feature to track referrals from internal employees is also a plus. Recruiterbox made the interview from home, hasslefree.

Cons
Not finding serious dislikes with my experience with recruiterbox. A few observations are here. Maybe, the reporting and intelligence portion require a bit more focus. Pricing is not so high but at the same time is not that affordable for smaller teams, I think.

Nancy Slessenger

No refund

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-06-27

We have spent two months trying to get it to work, invested a huge amount of time and money into it and couldn't get it to work for our process. There is a simple software change we need, however, they prioritise software updates on a numbers basis. As no one else needs it, this update is not a priority for them. This great for all the other users, but very bad and expensive for us.

Pros
It is attractive and relatively easy to use, you can adjust it to fit your hiring process.

Cons
We were given the impression they would create a particular customisation for us, or that it would work for our process. This turned out not to be the case. As a result we paid for an entire year up front, and now can't use the system at all. Their customer service person said: "I'm not indicating fault here. I am simply reiterating our policy that we do not offer refunds in instances such as this. " He also said: "we are more than willing to work with you to show you how you might maximize the feature at your disposal to help you make advancements in your hiring process. " However, when we implemented their suggestions on our process, we found applications were duplicated (sometime 4 of the same application). This caused all kinds of extra work for us and it was just a very small campaign. Sadly it meant the system was unusable for further campaigns as it would have created far more work than it would have saved. I'm sure for others it is great value for money, but for us, as a result of this, it has only resulted in costs - the original cost and the cost to us of trying to get it to work.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Taylor Monson

RB is a great price for what it offers, but could use some improvements.

Reviewed 2017-03-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Recruiterbox is still a great Applicant Tracking System (ATS), especially for how affordable it is. However, I've found I was much happier with the system 1 year ago than I am using it right now and hope they remove some of the "busy-ness" from the interface.

Pros
- Extremely affordable for smaller and mid-sized companies - Ability to allow multiple users have access to the same application in order to keep track of where they are in our process. - Constantly implementing updates (sometimes a con as well) - Pretty intuitive and easy to use for the most part

Cons
- Although they implement many updates, I don't view all of them as improvements. For example they used to have a Dashboard on the home screen that was one of RB's best features. You had a great visual of which stages seemed to have a lot of apps built up and instantly knew where your attention was needed. They took that feature away and although you are still able to filter by stage, it is a pain and adds much less value. Sometimes it seems they make it busier more complex than it needs to be in order to add value. I've used it for 3 years and have been disappointed with their updates in the last year. - The search function works very poorly and inconsistently. I can search an applicant's exact name at times and "no results found" is what I'll get. - If the stages you create in each opening aren't typed exactly the same, they won't stack and will act as completely seperate stages. For example, "BGC and DT" vs "BGC & DT" - The RB support is very prompt in resonding to your chat, however they've asked me for my feedback 3 different times on the same exact matter. They say they will pass it along to their engineering team and I don't hear anything more which makes me think it never goes anywhere. Even a later response saying "it was talked about but here's why it can't happen right now.." would be good enough.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kasey Sendgraff

Great quality software with superb customer service!

Reviewed 2020-02-03

Pros
Recruiterbox is simple to use, customize, and navigate! When I'm hiring with our hiring managers, Recruiterbox has been secret weapon to keep all aspects of the recruitment process moving. The software provides simplicity in the interviewing process - especially to those who don't hire everyday.

Cons
Recruiterbox does not integrate with our other HR software and programs. This is a minor detail for us though and we can function and perform our processes without the integration.

Shubham Patel

Best chat support team

Reviewed 2020-02-06

It's little tricky, almost most of the functionality are hidden or very complex to use. Every user should've went through a demo session first before using the RB.

Pros
1. Just one click away to check duplicate data. 2. Customized opening and interview round

Cons
1. Can't raise requisition. 2. Can't cancel calendar invitation sent to candidates 3. Unable to fill the form customized for candidates while Recruiter upload the cv 4. Most the time resume not parse information accurately 5. Unable to integrate with most of the job portal and online assessment

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jaclyn Kopek

Good option for ATS for a start up

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Good tool, low cost and responsive customer service.

Pros
It's easy to use and to teach managers to use effectively. You can also tailor applications and processes for each role, depending on how the hiring manager/team preferences.

Cons
Sometimes sending emails via the tool makes them format a little funny, especially if you are inserting a table.

Janice West

Recruiterbox experience

Reviewed 2020-01-30

It is an easy way to get our applicants directly to our hiring managers as soon as they apply. It has been really a lifesaver as far as recruitment goes.

Pros
Very easy to use, affordable and great customer service to provide support whenever we have questions!

Cons
I can't think of anything at the moment.

Ali Aguilar

An easy-to-use option for mid-sized companies

Reviewed 2020-02-13

I forsee this being a viable option for our company for quite some time. Any issues have been pretty minor, and have been addressed by their attentive customer service team. I gotten positive feedback from my hiring managers as well.

Pros
Ease of use and customization, it requires very little training with new users - it's quite intuitive. A handful of customizable options (including Open API) but no overly robust. Great value for our budget. Customer service is great as well.

Cons
The job boards section is a bit "all or nothing" - I do with you could track, for example when a post is live and closed (or sponsorship ends). Once you add a job source, it's there.

Paige Reierson

Organized, Easy to use, and Pleasant

Reviewed 2020-02-03

Overall I really enjoy using Recruiterbox! It's an absolute pleasure communicating with the customer support and it is an excellent tool.

Pros
I like how it is very easy to learn and use. It's really organized and easy to navigate. The agencies can see how their candidates are progressing through the stages. I get emails for updates that I need directly from Recruiterbox.

Cons
I wish it was easier to find candidates matching key words

Laura Martin

I recommend

Reviewed 2020-02-03

I can keep all my applicants organized in the system. Knowing where they are in the process.

Pros
It is easy and well organized. It helps me stay on track.

Cons
The dash board does not remind me what I need to do. Only if I go to it. I would like an email reminder.

Bree Sarlati

How did we ever survive before Recruiterbox!

Reviewed 2016-09-23

I was hired on to provide recruiting backup, and when I covered for our recruiter one holiday last fall, I was shocked and horrified at the chaos of trying to manage everything via email. I started shopping around for the right ATS immediately. I tried out probably 8 or so systems, going round in circles with other vendors about walk throughs and limited trials and so forth. Recruiterbox had none of this...which was an amazing thing! No annoying calls from sales people. No limitations on the trial, which was an incredibly smart tactic on their part, because we ended up selecting the "Ferrari" of subscriptions and never looked back. It's like they trust that their product can stand on its own merits, and they don't need a sales team to harass you every few days. We really wonder sometimes how we could accomplish what we do now without the aid of Recruiterbox. A coworker recently asked me if I was in RB so I could look up a candidate. My response: "I LIVE in Recruiterbox." All day, every day, wouldn't have it any other way.

Pros
Hugely, endlessly adaptable to your specific processes. We're a temporary staffing company, and with some creative thinking and detailed questions to the support folks, we have created an exquisite database and invaluable tool. The technical support team is unlike anything our office has ever experienced from a vendor. We wish every support team could be even half as good as them. Immediately responsive, genuinely want to help solve whatever weird problem you're having. Their follow up if an issue that is not resolved to their satisfaction is astounding. I've received two and three follow up emails, them double and triple checking that everything is working fine now. They are always striving to grow and improve their product (we love being "pioneers"!!). Best part? Cost wise, even with the "Ferrari" subscription, their prices beat almost every other competitor. For those needing old-school peace of mind, this package also offers monthly, downloadable data backups. We feel totally safe in their hands. Love the job board syndication. Such a great added value. Also easy to customize and add the job feed to your own website via a quick piece of code.

Cons
Wish there was an option to quickly insert a signature line when writing an email to a candidate. One of our teammates requests a way to overlay a markup/highlight resumes in the viewer. Also wish we could view and/or manage the email subscribers for job posting updates, and give subscribers an option for frequency of job notifications (and maybe by job type they're interested in, like sorted by team?). We're being super picky here! :-)

Igor Romanov

A great tool for managing applicants, interviews

Reviewed 2017-11-28

We were able to completely streamline our recruitment process.

Pros
I use Recruiterbox for many years, almost since their very first version. This software came a long way and became a very powerful ATS. - Recruiterbox can parse attached CVs and extract information about applicant, skills experience etc. This makes CVs searchable by these texts. - You can configure custom workflow for every opening and define steps of your hiring process, outcomes. There are special steps for interviews and reviews, you can setup coordinator and actual interviewers. - Recruiterbox can sync with Google Calendar and create appointments for interviews. - You can communicate with candidates right from RB, configure templates to send responses like rejection letters etc. - Many other features... frankly I think it has just about everything recruiting / HR team may want.

Cons
- Price is a bit on a high side. - No integration with Zapier, we can't easily bind it to our other tools (to onboard hired candidates for example). - Too simple integration with Slack - basically just notifications, no actions. - Doesn't feel like you have candidates database, it feels like after many years of using it we have just a bunch of CVs, not people. If the same person will submit CV three times - you will have three entries in RB, there's no way to combine them, it is not shown as 1 candidate -> 3 applications. I think this is the biggest minus of this software, it is not people-centric but more like "applications-centric".

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kenneth W Wheeler

Ease of use!

Reviewed 2019-12-13

RB has severed as well with our core expectation of making our recruiters jobs easy, fun and time saving. The ability to set up proactive communication with the candidates has ensured a seamless alignment with candidates which has improved our connect and engagement significantly. The data analytics has helped us improve on better defining our recruitment strategy to get agile with our Talent Acquisition. The overall well defined process flow has ensured we do not miss on any candidates and always find ourselves on top of our game. The ability to use it as a tool to help bring greater visibility to our employees and the referrals they upload is another great win as it sets up confidence in the referral system and employees have awareness of their referrals output without chasing the TA team. It has been a great win for us in more ways than one!

Pros
The structured approach built with care to ensure process flows are meaningful, seamless and easy to comprehend and execute. The data analytics and reporting is another important piece of RB that brings great value add touch overall.

Cons
The UI/UX experience and richness is still very outdated and less appealing.

Anonymous

I LOVE RecruiterBox

Reviewed 2019-05-02

Very positive!

Pros
As an HR Director this software changed the way we accept and process resumes. The software links directly to our company website and allows us great flexibility in the application process. Email communication with applicants is made easy through a template function and even provides an automatic email function when resumes are received. The software is very logical and easy to use. They have even helped in simplifying our hiring flow by making suggestions on how we have set up the process. RB customer service is excellent, they often ask how they can make the product better. I have seen my own suggestions implemented after one of their follow up calls.

Cons
One area that needs some improvement is the ability to look at archived applicants. We have work around when trying to refer a prior applicant to a hiring supervisor, but this is not an easy process. Additionally, if we have an applicant that is not eligible for hire, there is no way to flag this across the system. Applicants who apply for multiple jobs are linked, but there is not a way to share information between the linked occurrences, it must be done individually, which can be time consuming.

Ashley Rohner, MA, SHRM-CP

Easy to use and intuitive -- definitely an asset!

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Ease of recruiting, more accurate and efficient filing, ease of listing job opportunities.

Pros
The software is very intuitive. I rarely ever have trouble locating a feature or a setting. Everything is where you think it would be, and that is not always easy to achieve. If by chance you do need to reach out to their customer support team, you're in luck -- they are incredibly responsive and personable! This, too, is difficult to achieve. With this software we are able to pre-screen, sort, comment on, review, and set up interviews with candidates. You can communicate with candidates directly through RB, as well. I have found this to be a great filing tool. Now all communications, resumes, and interviews are filed within this database. Even if candidates do not apply directly through Recruiterbox (which links to your company's Careers page), it is easy to import a candidate from other sources. It is also relatively easy to reject candidates in large quantities by using a rejection template. Very cool features!

Cons
Desktop notifications would be incredibly helpful, because with all of the candidates/applicants we receive it is often difficult to navigate through tasks and responses from these candidates. I have also noticed that selecting a large amount of candidates at once for any task can result in a frozen screen or incredibly long delay.

Stacey Smith

No competition

Reviewed 2016-06-28

The #1 reason I have recommended Recruiterbox in the past and will continue to do so in the future is the unprecedented support they provide. Any time we have had an issue or a question or concern, their team has been lighting fast to provide the needed support. The staff at Recruiterbox make us feel as if we are their only client, and in today's marketplace, that is rare, indeed!

Pros
It sounds simple, but it this platform just makes sense. We all know how fast-paced recruiting is, and the ability to learn the software without losing momentum was a huge benefit. The time invested setting everything up on the front end was quickly recovered with all of the time saving features from resume parsing, candidate tracking, email templates, and more. And as our staff has grown, training new users on the software is a breeze.

Cons
The only thing that comes to mind is more of a preference from a previous version than a con. (Old habits) The recent upgrades with the hiring workflow are outstanding; however, it would also be helpful to bring back the drop-down menu that used to be anchored to the static header. It was much more streamlined to be able to change the stage after logging activity or sending an email without having to scroll back up to the top to change the stage each time.

Brittney D'Ambra

Simply the best there is out there!

Reviewed 2019-03-29

I absolutely love working with Reruiterbox. I love all of the functions, having one place to review and screen all of my candidates without having to jump all over to look at resumes from different ads. The customer service here is hands down the best I have EVER experienced. They are increadibly fast at getting back to you and resolving your issue. They follow up with you to make sure your issue was resolved correctly. When I first started with this program I was thrown into it with zero training and I was able to reach out to a rep who provided me with tools to learn it along with doing a phone call with me so we could walk through some of my questions. We recently changed software programs for our HR/Payroll and the software provided a recruiting service. I check it out and could not make the change. Recruiterbox does everything I need without headache or hassle. If you are considering using Recruiterbox stop concidering and just do it. You will not be disapointed!

Pros
The ease and functionality of this software. It does everything scheduling an interview, evaluating that interview, emailing and making comments about the candidate.

Cons
I really enjoy the software. I would like to see a function where you can label a previously rejected candidate with a flag warning of some sort when they reapply, for when we passed on them for one reason or another that will be in your face so you can notice it right away. Also, another feature would be nice is a No longer with our company with reasons such as left on good terms or Terminated something along those lines.

Bertold Kolics

This Tool Makes Hiring w/ Many Candidates A Breeze

Reviewed 2016-08-03

Hiring for intern positions require us to sift through dozens of resumes. Bulk upload feature is a blessing as the tool can parse PDFs and populate profiles automatically. We love the integration capabilities and it was a breeze to add the job listings to our website. It is great that we do not have to request the website team to update the list of openings manually anymore. Receiving applications directly into the tool reduces the manual effort put into processing the applications. Configurable workflows are helpful. E-mail templates make communication with candidates super easy. Customer support is fantastic - majority of the time the resolution of an issue takes only a few hours.

Pros
Easy integration into your website Applications go directly into RecruiterBox Bulk upload of PDF resumes Managing hiring process using custom workflows E-mail templates are time-savers

Cons
Calendar integration in Google Apps is not working very well, but this is a minor annoyance only Sometimes the app has problem scanning the PDFs - s they are either not displayed properly inline or have some garbled text. The original resume can still be downloaded and viewed using a standalone PDF viewer application.

Stephanie White

Recruiterbox is so simple, intuitive, and now a staple in our hiring process!

Reviewed 2014-12-09

I started using Recruiterbox about a year ago to help staff for hourly restaurant positions for new restaurants we were opening. I liked Recruiterbox because it was an additional option to learn about interested candidates in new cities, without them having to come into the restaurant during our job fair hours. It was also interesting to track the sources and see where are online candidates were coming from, so we could focus our spend on those sources. I soon transitioned into using Recruiterbox for some of our existing restaurants that were struggeling to hire hourly positions. I would set-up the restaurant and jobs, and the restaurant managers/sous chefs would login and screen candidates. It was so easy for those busy end-users to quickly navigate Recruiterbox, and reach out to those candidates for hire. When I was not on the unlimited plan, and had to manage the number of openings, my end-users did not want me to turn their jobs off!! They saw that much value in it. Support at Recruiterbox is amazing. They answer immediately, even if they're researching the answer. They're kind, and honestly the best help-desk I've ever dealt with!! Cons of recruiterbox: 1. They don't provide physical training materials, and they keep updating their website, (not a bad thing, but my training materials are already outdated) 2. I'm not technical enough to understand how to arrange my positions on the website by city or state. My jobs are currently listed in a random order 3. I can't brand the hosted website with our fonts, I have to use their standard font templates. It's very clean though 4. Doesn't post on Craigslist Pros of Recruiterbox: 1. Easy, simple to use, intuitive to teach to end-users 2. Excellent support team 3. Recruiterbox listens to your needs, and develops new features to meet the needs of their clients 4. Free hosted website 5. Posts to 5 websites organically With our unique restaurant brands, Recruiterbox designed a platform that worked for me to introduce all our restaurant brands on the website to help not only new restaurant openings, but existing restaurants staff. That tailored customer service is genuine, and they really came through for me. I've seen a lot of progress and growth with Recruiterbox in just 1 year's time, I'm looking forward to the many features and updates in 2015. Thank you Recruiterbox!

Kelly Weikle

Fantastic Service

Reviewed 2018-08-13

We have appreciated our relationships with RecruiterBox, even through some changes, and are always appreciative of their approach and service when we need assistance.

Pros
This company clearly has a "customer oriented" mentality, from feature requests, to education, to support, I always feel there is a concern for our needs and a genuine attempt to create a product that matches our goals. While I realize that this is not a custom software product, I think RecruiterBox is always looking to maximize the tool for the most users possible.

Cons
This is an off the shelf product that must measure the needs of all vs. a custom built approach. That said, there are times when we'd like features that don't necessarily make sense to the greater good. Despite this, we feel that they are attentive, approachable, and their customer service/interchange is fantastic, even when we don't get everything we wish for :)

Kelly Weikle

You guys are awesome!

Reviewed 2017-03-31
Review Source: Software Advice

First, the customer service team is amazing. They are responsive, friendly, and completely willing to take the time to understand any issues, and to see them through to conclusion. Every person that I have spoken to at this organization has been fantastic to work with. They are eager to learn how to provide more meaningful support and ease of use for our specific circumstances, even when I'm sure we don't represent the broader group in the way we utilize the processes and tools.

Pros
First class customer service at all levels, not just the ones that are "supposed to" - We have not had a partner company more willing to work with us to find solutions.

Cons
As with all systems there are times when you are looking for individual tweaks. All situations can't be accommodated immediately, but even when they can't, I feel that they always are willing to find every possible way to provide service tailored to your needs. On the rare occasions when this isn't possible, I've always had great faith that it wasn't for a willingness to work towards the goal of meeting our needs.

Amy Adams

Great way to manage recruitment - great service

Reviewed 2016-07-12

Useful tool for managing recruitment efficiently. I had an issue with The application form and the Recruiter box team were really helpful in helping me resolve the issue.

Pros
At a quick glance you can see the stage of each of your candidates which is helpful when you have a large number of applicants and multiple positions running at the same time. You can manager interviews, cvs or any additional documents everything is all on the recruiter box which makes managing the recruitment process much more efficient and a lot less stressful.

Cons
I have not found any negatives with using the recruiter box. At first it took me time to get used to the system but now I would not manage without, it really helps with the organisation of recruitment.

Mike Levine

Recruiterbox has been great!

Reviewed 2016-07-27

Without question Recruiterbox has been a great tool for me at Linaro. Prior to Recruiterbox all out managers would interview and send me emails and we had no system. Thanks for Recruiterbox several years later we have notes on every person that has interviewed with us. Have used many different ATS systems over the years and Recruiterbox is by far my favorite.

Pros
Collaborative and I use it for everyone of our hiring manager and hiring team. Our costs are not increased just by wanting to add a new user. Just about every competitor to Recruiterbox charges per adding a new user license. That is not how they work and I love that. Considering using this but not positive feel free to reach out to me.

Cons
They have not flown me to California yet to meet the people that created this great software!

Parul Tyagi

Extremely affordable for smaller and mid-sized companies

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-02-16
Review Source: Software Advice

If your recruiting team is not very familiar with technology, this software as a service is one of the best choices, since with the customer support team that they have, your team will be able to be auto sufficient in troubleshooting.

Pros
Very easy to manage and track. It has made our recruiter process much more fluid and transparent.. Keep track of candidates and help one to track the hiring process. While the program has been fine tuned since we have been using it, and some of the changes have needed more changes, we are overall very happy with the product. They have been responsive to my feedback and that is important. Response time is good. The program organizes the hiring process very well.the free version is excellent. It contains all the core functionality for applicant tracking, it's only limited to a number of users (5) and applicants (200).Ability to allow multiple users have access to the same application in order to keep track of where they are in our process

Cons
you had a great visual of which stages seemed to have a lot of apps built up and instantly knew where your attention was needed. They took that feature away and although you are still able to filter by stage, it is a pain and adds much less value.The search function works very poorly and inconsistently. If the stages you create in each opening aren't typed exactly the same, they won't stack and will act as completely separate stages

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rahul Bhardwaj

The best Interviews, Candidate tracking and Recruiting Product ever!

Reviewed 2016-07-01

Awesome. Recruiterbox is hands down the best recruiting product I've used. It's really freed up hours and hours of my time and taken over a lot of manual work.

Pros
Strong features, automates a lot of manual work and saves us hours and hours of tracking, interviewing, processing etc.. during all stages of recruiting. Has really freed up the team to do what matters and that's speaking with and spending time with candidates.

Cons
UI is a little hard to use at first ... after training though everything is smooth. Could be a little more friendly on how the features and ui appears.