All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Recruiterbox Reviews

Pros

Overall I really enjoy using Recruiterbox. It's an absolute pleasure communicating with the customer support and it is an excellent tool.

Paige R.

Read the full review
It has been amazing and when given the chance I totally endorse this program. So user friendly and amazing.

Jacklyn A.

Kenneth W.

Read the full review

Cons

Of course, NO ONE will CALL me even after reading this review - I bet you 10,000 emails they won't even bother. You have been warned - do not buy this ATS.

Tannen G.

Read the full review
They have lost notes on candidates, canceled interviews for no reason, and lock hiring managers out of seeing the candidates notes, so you ALWAYS need to double your work to cover your butt.

Tannen G.

Read the full review
The layout of the pages is just awful. You can't find anything - it is too convoluted.

Read the full review

How did we ever survive before Recruiterbox!

I was hired on to provide recruiting backup, and when I covered for our recruiter one holiday last fall, I was shocked and horrified at the chaos of trying to manage everything via email. I started shopping around for the right ATS immediately. I tried out probably 8 or so systems, going round in circles with other vendors about walk throughs and limited trials and so forth. Recruiterbox had none of...

Pros

Hugely, endlessly adaptable to your specific processes. We're a temporary staffing company, and with some creative thinking and detailed questions to the support folks, we have created an exquisite database and invaluable tool. The technical support team is unlike anything our office has ever experienced from a vendor. We wish every support team could be even half as good as them. Immediately responsive,...

Cons

Wish there was an option to quickly insert a signature line when writing an email to a candidate. One of our teammates requests a way to overlay a markup/highlight resumes in the viewer. Also wish we could view and/or manage the email subscribers for job posting updates, and give subscribers an option for frequency of job notifications (and maybe by job type they're interested in, like sorted by team?). We're being super picky here! :-)

No refund

We have spent two months trying to get it to work, invested a huge amount of time and money into it and couldn't get it to work for our process. There is a simple software change we need, however, they prioritise software updates on a numbers basis. As no one else needs it, this update is not a priority for them. This great for all the other users, but very bad and expensive for us.

Pros

It is attractive and relatively easy to use, you can adjust it to fit your hiring process.

Cons

We were given the impression they would create a particular customisation for us, or that it would work for our process. This turned out not to be the case. As a result we paid for an entire year up front, and now can't use the system at all. Their customer service person said: "I'm not indicating fault here. I am simply reiterating our policy that we do not offer refunds in instances such as this....

RB is a great price for what it offers, but could use some improvements.

Recruiterbox is still a great Applicant Tracking System (ATS), especially for how affordable it is. However, I've found I was much happier with the system 1 year ago than I am using it right now and hope they remove some of the "busy-ness" from the interface.

Pros

- Extremely affordable for smaller and mid-sized companies - Ability to allow multiple users have access to the same application in order to keep track of where they are in our process. - Constantly implementing updates (sometimes a con as well) - Pretty intuitive and easy to use for the most part

Cons

- Although they implement many updates, I don't view all of them as improvements. For example they used to have a Dashboard on the home screen that was one of RB's best features. You had a great visual of which stages seemed to have a lot of apps built up and instantly knew where your attention was needed. They took that feature away and although you are still able to filter by stage, it is a pain...

Great quality software with superb customer service!

Pros

Recruiterbox is simple to use, customize, and navigate! When I'm hiring with our hiring managers, Recruiterbox has been secret weapon to keep all aspects of the recruitment process moving. The software provides simplicity in the interviewing process - especially to those who don't hire everyday.

Cons

Recruiterbox does not integrate with our other HR software and programs. This is a minor detail for us though and we can function and perform our processes without the integration.

Ease of use!

RB has severed as well with our core expectation of making our recruiters jobs easy, fun and time saving. The ability to set up proactive communication with the candidates has ensured a seamless alignment with candidates which has improved our connect and engagement significantly. The data analytics has helped us improve on better defining our recruitment strategy to get agile with our Talent Acquisition....

Pros

The structured approach built with care to ensure process flows are meaningful, seamless and easy to comprehend and execute. The data analytics and reporting is another important piece of RB that brings great value add touch overall.

Cons

The UI/UX experience and richness is still very outdated and less appealing.

Definitely the RIGHT CHOICE choosing Recruiterbox!

I was hired by Healthy Kids in March and one of my tasks was to research and select an ATS. After researching, I decided Recruiterbox would meet our needs and especially my needs as I was very used to working with Taleo for several years. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] trained me initially and did a fantastic job. At that time, due to Covid, I was only working a few hours one day per week so week to...

Pros

Ease of use Navigating the system Moving candidates through process Offer letter process Customer Service/support desk

Cons

There really are no negatives I can think of

Recruiterbox has been great!

Without question Recruiterbox has been a great tool for me at Linaro. Prior to Recruiterbox all out managers would interview and send me emails and we had no system. Thanks for Recruiterbox several years later we have notes on every person that has interviewed with us. Have used many different ATS systems over the years and Recruiterbox is by far my favorite.

Pros

Collaborative and I use it for everyone of our hiring manager and hiring team. Our costs are not increased just by wanting to add a new user. Just about every competitor to Recruiterbox charges per adding a new user license. That is not how they work and I love that. Considering using this but not positive feel free to reach out to me.

Cons

They have not flown me to California yet to meet the people that created this great software!

Good tool for applicant tracking but could use some improvements

Good experience overall. There are definitely a few things they can improve but this is leaps and bounds better than systems I have used in the past.

Pros

-easy to look at applicants and share them with colleagues -easy to schedule interviews and see what interviews others have scheduled with the candidate -nice that everything is in one place -transparency of reviews and ratings

Cons

-The review process is a bit confusing. There is a quick review which is apparently different than a regular review. If you do one instead of the other you keep getting the email reminders to complete your review. On the bright side when I eventually decided to email customer service about this they got back to me very quickly to help me figure this out -I wish you could choose to hide other people's reviews and ratings until after you complete your so that colleagues' opinions don't have any effect

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback Michelle. Glad you're enjoying Recruiterbox overall! We'll take note of improving the quick vs. regular reviews process. Have you heard about unbiased interviews by chance? It's relatively new and could help solve exactly what you're looking for (hiding other reviews until you've written your own). We'll reach out to see if we can help. And of course, you can always get in touch with us at support@recruiterbox.com.

Product continues to evolve and support continues to be amazing

Streamlined our hiring processes, allowed us to reach more candidates, and reduced the time we have to devote to processing candidates by at least 50%.

Pros

Recruiterbox is easy to setup and get moving with. When I'm asked to post an opening I can be done in less than 5 minutes most times. In the 4 years I've been using Recruiterbox I've seen the product continue to evolve and the company is great about receiving customer feedback and being honest about whether a feature request is likely to see daylight. The only time I had an issue they were incredibly transparent about the reason for it and did a great job of keeping me informed on when it would be resolved. They love their customers and it shows. I can't say enough great things about them.

Cons

Since I have to put something here I'll say that it's not as customizable as Salesforce. Then again you wouldn't expect it to be. But there are times that I want to do something that is an edge case at best and I can't.

Going to give this a try! Need talented associates! Are they still out there?

Excellent! Would recommend to anyone! Great program and overall 100% satisfied!

Pros

The ease of use was the best thing for me! It is very easy to maneuver around and learn how to use! Also, the candidate base was a million times better than ZipRecruiter what I had previously been using! I actually have associates that show up to interviews now and that actually go to work that I can depend on! All because of Recruiterbox and the talent it provided me as a Hiring Manager! It is outstanding at tracking our usage and number of candidates who have successfully been hired through us finding them!

Cons

The only thing that I disliked was when I tried to use their Customer Service line. But other than that it has been a very useful and outstanding program to use! A+

A lightweight and effective ATS for small businesses

Pros

Recruiting became a key responsibility area in mid-2016 with the emergence of expansion plans of my previous company. So far, recruitment was a once in a while activity as we were having a record employee retention rate. During 2015-17, I have received a special assignment, i.e recruitment efforts to fill many positions in the product management team on a war foot basis. Earlier we used to manage...

Cons

Not finding serious dislikes with my experience with recruiterbox. A few observations are here. Maybe, the reporting and intelligence portion require a bit more focus. Pricing is not so high but at the same time is not that affordable for smaller teams, I think.

A great tool for managing applicants, interviews

We were able to completely streamline our recruitment process.

Pros

I use Recruiterbox for many years, almost since their very first version. This software came a long way and became a very powerful ATS. - Recruiterbox can parse attached CVs and extract information about applicant, skills experience etc. This makes CVs searchable by these texts. - You can configure custom workflow for every opening and define steps of your hiring process, outcomes. There are special...

Cons

- Price is a bit on a high side. - No integration with Zapier, we can't easily bind it to our other tools (to onboard hired candidates for example). - Too simple integration with Slack - basically just notifications, no actions. - Doesn't feel like you have candidates database, it feels like after many years of using it we have just a bunch of CVs, not people. If the same person will submit CV three times - you will have three entries in RB, there's no way to combine them, it is not shown as 1 candidate -> 3 applications. I think this is the biggest minus of this software, it is not people-centric but more like "applications-centric".

I LOVE RecruiterBox

Very positive!

Pros

As an HR Director this software changed the way we accept and process resumes. The software links directly to our company website and allows us great flexibility in the application process. Email communication with applicants is made easy through a template function and even provides an automatic email function when resumes are received. The software is very logical and easy to use. They have even helped in simplifying our hiring flow by making suggestions on how we have set up the process. RB customer service is excellent, they often ask how they can make the product better. I have seen my own suggestions implemented after one of their follow up calls.

Cons

One area that needs some improvement is the ability to look at archived applicants. We have work around when trying to refer a prior applicant to a hiring supervisor, but this is not an easy process. Additionally, if we have an applicant that is not eligible for hire, there is no way to flag this across the system. Applicants who apply for multiple jobs are linked, but there is not a way to share information between the linked occurrences, it must be done individually, which can be time consuming.

Easy to use and intuitive -- definitely an asset!

Ease of recruiting, more accurate and efficient filing, ease of listing job opportunities.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. I rarely ever have trouble locating a feature or a setting. Everything is where you think it would be, and that is not always easy to achieve. If by chance you do need to reach out to their customer support team, you're in luck -- they are incredibly responsive and personable! This, too, is difficult to achieve. With this software we are able to pre-screen, sort, comment...

Cons

Desktop notifications would be incredibly helpful, because with all of the candidates/applicants we receive it is often difficult to navigate through tasks and responses from these candidates. I have also noticed that selecting a large amount of candidates at once for any task can result in a frozen screen or incredibly long delay.

No competition

The #1 reason I have recommended Recruiterbox in the past and will continue to do so in the future is the unprecedented support they provide. Any time we have had an issue or a question or concern, their team has been lighting fast to provide the needed support. The staff at Recruiterbox make us feel as if we are their only client, and in today's marketplace, that is rare, indeed!

Pros

It sounds simple, but it this platform just makes sense. We all know how fast-paced recruiting is, and the ability to learn the software without losing momentum was a huge benefit. The time invested setting everything up on the front end was quickly recovered with all of the time saving features from resume parsing, candidate tracking, email templates, and more. And as our staff has grown, training new users on the software is a breeze.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is more of a preference from a previous version than a con. (Old habits) The recent upgrades with the hiring workflow are outstanding; however, it would also be helpful to bring back the drop-down menu that used to be anchored to the static header. It was much more streamlined to be able to change the stage after logging activity or sending an email without having to scroll back up to the top to change the stage each time.

Simply the best there is out there!

I absolutely love working with Reruiterbox. I love all of the functions, having one place to review and screen all of my candidates without having to jump all over to look at resumes from different ads. The customer service here is hands down the best I have EVER experienced. They are increadibly fast at getting back to you and resolving your issue. They follow up with you to make sure your issue...

Pros

The ease and functionality of this software. It does everything scheduling an interview, evaluating that interview, emailing and making comments about the candidate.

Cons

I really enjoy the software. I would like to see a function where you can label a previously rejected candidate with a flag warning of some sort when they reapply, for when we passed on them for one reason or another that will be in your face so you can notice it right away. Also, another feature would be nice is a No longer with our company with reasons such as left on good terms or Terminated something along those lines.

This Tool Makes Hiring w/ Many Candidates A Breeze

Hiring for intern positions require us to sift through dozens of resumes. Bulk upload feature is a blessing as the tool can parse PDFs and populate profiles automatically. We love the integration capabilities and it was a breeze to add the job listings to our website. It is great that we do not have to request the website team to update the list of openings manually anymore. Receiving applications directly into the tool reduces the manual effort put into processing the applications. Configurable workflows are helpful. E-mail templates make communication with candidates super easy. Customer support is fantastic - majority of the time the resolution of an issue takes only a few hours.

Pros

Easy integration into your website Applications go directly into RecruiterBox Bulk upload of PDF resumes Managing hiring process using custom workflows E-mail templates are time-savers

Cons

Calendar integration in Google Apps is not working very well, but this is a minor annoyance only Sometimes the app has problem scanning the PDFs - s they are either not displayed properly inline or have some garbled text. The original resume can still be downloaded and viewed using a standalone PDF viewer application.

Recruiterbox is so simple, intuitive, and now a staple in our hiring process!

I started using Recruiterbox about a year ago to help staff for hourly restaurant positions for new restaurants we were opening. I liked Recruiterbox because it was an additional option to learn about interested candidates in new cities, without them having to come into the restaurant during our job fair hours. It was also interesting to track the sources and see where are online candidates were coming...

Fantastic Service

We have appreciated our relationships with RecruiterBox, even through some changes, and are always appreciative of their approach and service when we need assistance.

Pros

This company clearly has a "customer oriented" mentality, from feature requests, to education, to support, I always feel there is a concern for our needs and a genuine attempt to create a product that matches our goals. While I realize that this is not a custom software product, I think RecruiterBox is always looking to maximize the tool for the most users possible.

Cons

This is an off the shelf product that must measure the needs of all vs. a custom built approach. That said, there are times when we'd like features that don't necessarily make sense to the greater good. Despite this, we feel that they are attentive, approachable, and their customer service/interchange is fantastic, even when we don't get everything we wish for :)

You guys are awesome!

First, the customer service team is amazing. They are responsive, friendly, and completely willing to take the time to understand any issues, and to see them through to conclusion. Every person that I have spoken to at this organization has been fantastic to work with. They are eager to learn how to provide more meaningful support and ease of use for our specific circumstances, even when I'm sure we don't represent the broader group in the way we utilize the processes and tools.

Pros

First class customer service at all levels, not just the ones that are "supposed to" - We have not had a partner company more willing to work with us to find solutions.

Cons

As with all systems there are times when you are looking for individual tweaks. All situations can't be accommodated immediately, but even when they can't, I feel that they always are willing to find every possible way to provide service tailored to your needs. On the rare occasions when this isn't possible, I've always had great faith that it wasn't for a willingness to work towards the goal of meeting our needs.

Great way to manage recruitment - great service

Useful tool for managing recruitment efficiently. I had an issue with The application form and the Recruiter box team were really helpful in helping me resolve the issue.

Pros

At a quick glance you can see the stage of each of your candidates which is helpful when you have a large number of applicants and multiple positions running at the same time. You can manager interviews, cvs or any additional documents everything is all on the recruiter box which makes managing the recruitment process much more efficient and a lot less stressful.

Cons

I have not found any negatives with using the recruiter box. At first it took me time to get used to the system but now I would not manage without, it really helps with the organisation of recruitment.

Extremely affordable for smaller and mid-sized companies

If your recruiting team is not very familiar with technology, this software as a service is one of the best choices, since with the customer support team that they have, your team will be able to be auto sufficient in troubleshooting.

Pros

Very easy to manage and track. It has made our recruiter process much more fluid and transparent.. Keep track of candidates and help one to track the hiring process. While the program has been fine tuned since we have been using it, and some of the changes have needed more changes, we are overall very happy with the product. They have been responsive to my feedback and that is important. Response time is good. The program organizes the hiring process very well.the free version is excellent. It contains all the core functionality for applicant tracking, it's only limited to a number of users (5) and applicants (200).Ability to allow multiple users have access to the same application in order to keep track of where they are in our process

Cons

you had a great visual of which stages seemed to have a lot of apps built up and instantly knew where your attention was needed. They took that feature away and although you are still able to filter by stage, it is a pain and adds much less value.The search function works very poorly and inconsistently. If the stages you create in each opening aren't typed exactly the same, they won't stack and will act as completely separate stages

The best Interviews, Candidate tracking and Recruiting Product ever!

Awesome. Recruiterbox is hands down the best recruiting product I've used. It's really freed up hours and hours of my time and taken over a lot of manual work.

Pros

Strong features, automates a lot of manual work and saves us hours and hours of tracking, interviewing, processing etc.. during all stages of recruiting. Has really freed up the team to do what matters and that's speaking with and spending time with candidates.

Cons

UI is a little hard to use at first ... after training though everything is smooth. Could be a little more friendly on how the features and ui appears.

Changed how we handle recruitment

We tried a number of solutions for managing our pipeline of candidates, however Recruiterbox has consistently impressed. We went from a situation where there was little repeatable process to a highly-personalised workflow for hiring.

Pros

Flexibility of the candidate management process. Notifications. The seamless experience and scheduling. Clarity of the overall hiring process. Getting candidates into the system is really easy.

Cons

Some parts of the hiring process never are quite as linear as you would like, and it can be tricky to deal with those anomalies, however I've yet to see another piece of software that solved that well. Some parts of the agency management process are not fully customisable, and we have some specific internal reasons why that would be useful.

Incredible support from the team

Our company was thinking of new ways to move our HR system online, and we came across Recruiterbox with our first click. The support we found from the team behind Recruiterbox was incredible - we actually didn't expect to have our emails answered within the first few minutes of sending them. They even adjusted our plan to fit our needs, and were of great help along the way. They took everything we...

Pros

- ease of use - extremely supportive team - possibility to add recruitment agencies to use the software - any customisations we needed were implemented - fit our budget

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.