GoTo Webinar Logo

GoTo Webinar

Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

GoTo Webinar Reviews

4.5

1.7K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.36/10

Reviews by rating

It is easy to download and setup. The quality of sound is great and if you need to call in it is very easy.
My overall experience with GoToWebinar has been really satisfactory and it has been a good experience. The audio and video quality is good and the provided controls is also very useful.
The tools in the side really intuitive, I participate a lot in webinars and I'm grateful there is a platform that works perfect and allows us to have a great webinar experience.
I sent out the webinar registration confirmation with no password so I lost more than half my attendees and my business suffered because of it.
Every meeting I have had has had sound issues during which people are cut off or I miss what they are saying.
Poor video and call quality, was difficult to hear conversations properly due to a poor delay.

1,794 reviews

Destiny E.

Marketing Communications Director

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

We LOVE GoToWebinar

Transcript

Destiny E: My name is Destiny. I'm a communications director in the higher education industry, and I...

KV

Kyle V.

Career Services

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

excellent way to deliver live webinars online

Transcript

Kyle V.: Hi, I'm Kyle. I work in the career services department in the real estate industry. I give GoToWebinar...

Craige Hardel -.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Good flexible solution

does the job for us although the pricing could be a bit more convenient Also it would be nice if we didn't have to download a software for most to jump on our webinars

Pros

Works well and doesn't crash unlike others. They've been around for a while and compared to the others they're quite quality

Cons

Price point. Although we started using it but it would be nice if they offered a cheaper tier We pay for it but they may get competition soon

DN

Dhiraj N.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

My personal experience with GoTo Webinar

Pros

User-friendly interface: GoTo Webinar to be easy to navigate and use, with a user-friendly interface that makes it simple to set up and manage webinars.Robust features: GoTo Webinar offers a wide range of features and capabilities, including screen sharing, polls, and Q&A.Customizable: GoTo Webinar allows to customize their webinars with branding and personalization options, making it easy to create...

Cons

High cost: GoTo Webinar to be expensive, especially when compared to other webinar software options on the market.Limited storage capacity: the storage capacity for GoTo Webinar recordings is limited, making it difficult to keep a large number of recordings.Technical issues: technical issues with the software, such as difficulty connecting to the webinar or issues with audio and video quality.Limited...

AL

Andrea L.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Not very easy to use

Pros

It was one of the first tools for online meeting that I discovered and I found it amazing at that time that it had so many features.

Cons

The installation took forever, and the software was very heavy and it did not always work properly (I couldn't hear the speaker etc.)

DB

David B.

Wireless, 1-10 employees

The best tool for large-scale webinars. Worth the money

I give it a 9/10. I think it's fantastic, I was hired to host webinars cause the tool isn't easy, so that's why I didn't give it a perfect 10, but it's reliable.

Pros

I used it with multiple clients and have to say that it's the most reliable tool out there, especially for moderators since it allows us to be in control of everything.

Cons

It's a little complicated to use at first, but once you get used to it you won't want to try another webinar tool

Jimmy M.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

GoTo Webinar Review, The Best Ever!

I’m out of words to describe my awesome experience. I am glad am one of many users who are beneficiaries of GoTo Webinar.

Pros

It’s easy to download and install. Video quality is in HD, very clear and audible. It holds large group of participants, very effective for conference and online training. After an online webinar or conference there’s a polls provision where the participants can leave comments. Attendance at meetings can be recorded. Very easy to schedule and join meetings, literally takes seconds. GoTo Webinar is compatible with all devices, smartphones, tablets etc hence also accessibility can be from any location provided there is network connectivity. It has a recording feature where we can store the recordings for future reference.

Cons

Pricing is a bit on a higher side but this is atleast compensated with the many brilliant features.

Kurapati S.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

A Trustable Mobile Conference Solution

With a few clicks, scheduling meetings is remarkably quick and simple. It is the perfect tool for business trips because of the extra capabilities like screen sharing, conversation recording, and excellent network connectivity that make it possible to work together or finish assignments fast.

Pros

I enjoy the Goto mobile app because it enables me to remain connected to group conference calls even when my mobile network is unreliable. It uses less bandwidth and is meant to prevent interruptions during conference calls. I have access to a pdf tool that enables me to capture many sets of presentations at once during screen-sharing sessions.

Cons

When starting or joining video conference calls with the Goto web browser application, I frequently suffer significant latency. It frequently results in system problems, which are complicated if numerous participants attend a single conference.

Sikhanyiso V.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

GoTo Webinar

Pros

GoTo Webinar is absolutely the best software to use , from training courses, project management etc. I encourage businesses and people to make use of this software.

Cons

I think everything about the software is perfect.

Swapan kumar b.

Computer Software, self-employed

Excellent program for holding Information sessions or Conferences for a Larger Audiences

For me, an on option was crucial since it helped me expand my audience and raise my return on invest

Pros

On request seminars are the frosting on the cake and are useful features to rely upon. Automated webinars are a terrific function for employees joining across organizations.makes scheduling the main purpose of the app.I would always use this app.

Cons

The installation and setup were both quite simple.The user interface is superb.There wasn't a lot of lag.Customer support was incredibly helpful.The features are nice, and customizing the registration was simple.The audio and video were of high quality.My reach and ROI increased thanks to the on-demand feature, which I really adore.

Mahade Hasan O.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Review GoTo

It's easy to start and join meetings with GoTo meetings. You can easily create custom meeting links with it if you want. Call others during the meeting. You can hide your number from GoTo Meeting call Me so that no one can disturb you later. Its security features keep your video communications safe.

Pros

You can use the application from any device (desktop, mobile, tab) simultaneously to record and share meetings. You can join meetings directly from Slack, Google Calendar, Microsoft, etc. It has a webcam gallery and skin sharing on the same skin.

Cons

I have no complaints about the GoTo meeting. But as a small entrepreneur, its prize seems a bit high to me. But it is toll-free in more than 50 countries and 14 days return in case of a business meeting.

Willis T.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Using GoToWebinar

For those comfortable with the software it is easy to use and functional.

Pros

This software is pretty intuitive and easy to implement into our business.

Cons

Not many people use this software compared to Zoom and it makes it a little clunky when you get new users on who are not familiar with it.

JP

Joey P.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Webinar Hosting Made Easy

Pros

The software was easy to learn and the user interface is intuitive. Features were easily accessible and icons were self explanatory to any person who grew up in the age of smart phones and the internet. I was able to launch the webinar without any prior training and hosted my very first webinar ever without a hitch. GoTo Webinar has the ability to keep track of attendees' engagement, record presentations,...

Cons

Some features can only be unlocked by increasing the membership tier. The basic subscription is already pretty pricey and does not have access to many of the "premium" features such as embedded videos and maximum number of attendees and available registration slots.

CG

Charlotte G.

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,001+ employees

Perfect Solution for Collaboration on and off network

Overall this tool allows us to reach a greater audience with ease and we have had a lot of success with people logging in from home or at the office to tune in. I like the ease of use and the results we have had!

Pros

I think that the ability to use GoToWebinar both on and off network is great because we host weekly training sessions across the nation for people at home or at various companies. We haven't had any connection issues and the interface is intuitive and user friendly. Pulling reports on attendees or viewing how many people are registered are a breeze with the option to pull .csv or .xls. You can easily share screen, see the attendee view, add in polls, chat function for questions, etc. I like that all webinars are recorded and you can share them out afterwards. The ability to schedule/change/cancel reoccurring webinars is nice too! Easy to figure out without a user guide which is a plus!

Cons

When you pull reports for for attendees you aren't able to pull by parameters, it is just a set report. For example, we have a recorded webinar that we send out to people and weekly I need to view for new applicants - I would like to pull the report based on specific dates but I can only pull the report as is (a giant list of everyone that has ever viewed the webinar). For my purposes its only a minor inconvenience but more capability in this area could provide more insights.

ME

Morgan E.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Useful, simple online meeting tool

The software has been very helpful for our client meetings, and makes it easy to send out calendar invites what have all of the necessary information for our customers to get logged in. A positive experience overall.

Pros

I like how easy it is to send out meeting invitations to invitees. This software has made it much easier for us to have conference calls with our clients, especially being able to share screens and change presenters.

Cons

Some features are confusing and feel a bit antiquated. For example, I am the admin and I usually set up the meetings for the agency partners. Every time they have a meeting scheduled, I get the invite on my computer to start the meeting, in order for them to sign in. Perhaps user error, but I haven't found a help button on how to automatically start the meeting at the scheduled time.

VT

Valerio T.

Internet, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

The best one, but more attention on payment

Good, think is the best choice for money/use . Some little things to make better

Pros

Easy interface, good quality for streaming, lot of possibilities for questions on signing, great function of video recording and virtual events

Cons

Limit in interface choice, no effect to add during live, a little slow with attached file for presentation

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

This is an effective old-school technology for online events

Using GoToWebinar to host large-scale meetings and training sessions has been around for a long time. For both internal and external use, it is excellent. There are a lot of firms out there, but GoToWebinar is one of the oldest and most well-tested. With our clients and staff, we utilize GoToWebinar because it doesn't require a lot of software to run, and the online version works just as well.

Pros

For meetings of 50 to 100 persons during the pandemic, we used this platform. We appreciate the ease with which the presenter can be given control of the presentation from the organizer's control panel. Useful reporting and recording options are available after the event, and they're simple to use. It takes minimal time and effort to set up an event. It's not designed for two-way communication, but...

Cons

You can't fast-forward or rewind the video to go to a previous point. It restarts from the beginning if you exit and reopen it. The only way to utilize it is to play and pause. It's also worth noting that when video playing begins, the panelists' microphones are automatically silenced. Even though they can unmute, panelists who wish to discuss videos in meetings may run into this issue if they forget.

Timothy E.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

GoTo Webinar is Unmatched, the Leader!

Pros

I use it for meetings and training for my agents, I like GoTo Webinar as I’m able to share my screens when am training online and it’s easy for my agents to learn as the watch what I’m training. Recording feature is a brilliant idea especially when you wan to keep records or share with those colleagues or friends who didn’t make it to join the meeting, this helps make sure no one misses on anything....

Cons

It’s brilliant, reliable. Efficient and effective. No challenges experienced, try it and you’ll like it

LJ

Leonard J.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Hosting seminars made easy

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic service if you're looking to present to a large group of people. You have the ability for your clients to interact with the seminar in the event that you want to make sure your employees attend the meeting. I have never had a GoToWebinar disconnect from the internet, even very poor connections can handle GoToWebinar. I have setup and hosted many different seminars and GoToWebinar has to be at the top of my list.

Cons

My cons come from troubleshooting GoToWebinars inside a restricted network. More than likely you'll have to make sure all your users can run GoToWebinar on their computers/laptops. This can raise questions if you're monitoring what sites are whitelisted on your network. There was also a big limitation on users accessing GoToWebinar with Group Policy restrictions. The launcher will more than likely trigger your policy if you limit the programs your employees are allowed to run. This only applies to users who run the software while on the domain. Otherwise GoToWebinar is a fantastic service.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

GoToWebinar

My overall experience with GoTo Webinar has been great, we have looked at alternatives in the past and while they are pretty competitive the GoTo/HubSpot level of integration has kept us around. The software has also undergone some recent upgrades which has also enhanced the UX significantly.

Pros

As a HubSpot user, the integration with our CRM is one of the best things about GoTo. Generating new leads and tracking them throughout the sales cycle is key to tracking ROI and this duo is great for that. It also allows us to connect to forms and lead capture popups so it's even easier to generate leads for webinars. The platform itself also gives you a decent amount of analytics and insights into webinar engagement, easy access to recordings, etc.

Cons

The presenter control panel is a little archaic and not super intuitive but you get used to it over time. It would also be great if the Q&A section in this panel was also a little more user-friendly. It's not uncommon we have more than one person on the back end typing answers to questions/helping the presenter moderate so having a way to 'claim' or 'assign' an inbound question during a webinar would be very useful.

NR

Naveen R.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Best among all to create and Manage online Webinars

The overall experience of using GotoWebinar was very good so far. With most of features provided in standard version itself, its value for money and trouble free software Being an admin of tool, its easy to setup webinars and manage the sessions

Pros

1)Intuitive user interface with almost no learning required 2) Auto recording of all webinars/training's 3) Stable and reliable. Never encountered any issues so far 4) No user login required for attendee's 5) Create polls and survey questions to be asked during Webinar 6) Multiple speakers can be accommodated with quick switching 7) Meeting link sent to customers once they get registered.

Cons

Compared to the pros's the software offers, there are very few things which can be pointed such as 1) Chat window is small. Multiple lines of text entered or to be read needs scrolling 2) Notifications needs to be more highlighted

HM

Hayley M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Gets the job done

It’s so-so. It’s not our favorite, but the cost is right and it gets the job done. I am happy they are expanding functionality in the analytics space and hoping they’re recent rebrand will give us a more positive experience.

Pros

The ability to upload prerecorded videos and webinars to display, and the pre-arranged email confirmations. We can also integrate it with our registration.

Cons

The UX design is outdated and very little is intuitive to the user, especially as we introduce new guests into webinars. The settings aren’t great when determining panelist vs. attendee. Customer support isn’t easy to reach. You can’t host more than one webinar at a time.

Computer Networking, 10,001+ employees

Best of the breed in Online Conferences

- GoToWebinar has solved multiple issues related to: 1. Audience engagement - by using polls and active attendees 2. Capturing the number of registrants and actually attending 3. System requirements are minimal. So even low end devices can join as well. 4. No dropped connections or chopped audio

Pros

- Easy to create events and inviting people - Options for muting everyone to reduce background noise and only presenters can speak - option for users to provide individual feedback after the session - Webinar recording quality is commendable - Desktop and phone app are pretty stable

Cons

- Need to run desktop version instead of web to get full experience otherwise user is limited with options - Sometimes i have experienced sharing and audio issues

Cheaper compromise for GoToMeeting

Main benefit is still ability to conduct stable connection during my webinars and ability to interact with clients in effective way (including surveys)

Pros

We moved to GoToWebinar from GoToMeeting to save on costs. Though we've lost some features such as ability to draw on whiteboards, remaining set of features was sufficient for us. A pleasant surprise for me was ability to make surveys during the webinar as well as useful statistics available at the end (such as number of participants and survey results).

Cons

I had a few cases when the app hanged at the end of webinar so I was unable to save the recording. Also sometimes we needed to make some other attendees as presenter so he/she can share files and that was impossible.

TB

Tiffany B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Attend Presentations Without Leaving Your Desk!

GoToWebinar is effective and saves my company a lot of money and resources. We are able to participate in Webinars from across the country instead of physically sending people to those locations. We also are able to bring people into our presentations and meetings from all over because it expands our access. this tool is vital to sharing best practices with other Local Health Departments both in our own state and other states across the USA!

Pros

The best thing about GoToWebinar is that I am able to participate in webinars from all over the country. As an educator, I'm always looking for the best information and how I can apply that knowledge to my specific work. The information and resources I have access to locally doesn't compare with what's available on a national level. GoToWebinar allows me to gain information way cheaper through webinars verses flying out of state to attend a conference. It saves a lot of money, time, and resources. Not only does it expand my scope as a participant but as a presenter it allows my information to penetrate much further than a conference room or auditorium!

Cons

This software is very conducive to PowerPoint presentations and slides with a presenter but is harder to navigate for a presentation where you want more interaction and collaboration. There is a chat feature but I don't find that to be a very effective tool for activities such as brainstorming.

Gj

Gaurav j.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Online training simplified

Pros

One of the best tool for e-learning. It has all the features you need from screen sharing to voip and even video call. Also gives lot of controls for the host to make you on control of the class. Ppl Can ask their. Doubts etc by pinging hosts of other attendees

Cons

No major issues only thing is that in order to use it each client need to install a quick utility to make it work - if it had supported without hard install it would have been geat

Brandy M.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Best 4 presentations n meetings

Pros

I like this very fast and reliable it's got so many great features it's hard to list them all but you can invite users from your dashboard on your web browser or you can email them you can create a link you can have it auto start on a certain date there's also feature where you can test your microphone and webcam from your dashboard you can communicate on any device and allow others to access your...

Cons

Sometimes you can have quality issues or issues with your mic going out but other than that I haven't I never came across any real cons