GoToWebinar Reviews

Pros

It's quite seamless and has a lot of great features for a good experience. I also like that its free to use and you can even record the training sessions.

CH

Courtney H.

With the good network connection you will get a video with good call quality and clear vision. It allows to record the sessions which is beneficial for offine works.

ANKITA S.

This software have great services like screen sharing , International dial in number , 24*7 Customer care and the best is recording. Which we can use later on to review the important points.

pG

priyanka G.

Cons

I sent out the webinar registration confirmation with no password so I lost more than half my attendees and my business suffered because of it.

RF

Ray F.

Every meeting I have had has had sound issues during which people are cut off or I miss what they are saying.

Jennifer A.

Poor video and call quality, was difficult to hear conversations properly due to a poor delay.

1,436 reviews

Destiny E.

Marketing Communications Director

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

We LOVE GoToWebinar

Transcript

Destiny E: My name is Destiny. I'm a communications director in the higher education industry, and I...

excellent way to deliver live webinars online

Transcript

Kyle V.: Hi, I'm Kyle. I work in the career services department in the real estate industry. I give GoToWebinar...

Very good software for hosting Webinars or Presentations for larger audiance

This is a great software even for large organizations. We all love it.

Pros

1. Our company uses GotoWebinar for hosting quarterly update calls and all hands meetings 2. It is a slick application that has useful features such as muting or unmuting all or few. 3. Attendees can virtually raise hands in the app by pressing a button when they are muted by organizer and when they want to speak. 4. Users can send private messages to one another or can send group messages or broadcast messages to everyone. 5. It has screen sharing and Video camera option too. 6. It has lot of toll free and local numbers from almost all of the countries to dial in 7. Phone app is equally great to dial in and has a calling ability as well. 8. No need of hosting this software in local premises. It is available as a software service.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software.

Now organizing online is much easier with GoToWebinar

Pros

GoToWebinar makes your webinar registration process much easier. It has very clean user interface. New user also can navigate GoToWebinar easily. It record our webinar automatically. we can execute polls smoothly. Attendee reporting is also good. GoToWebinar provide real-time data of attendees. Easy to share screen. compatible with all devices.

Cons

Email automaton feature is missing. We cannot use digital background. Need strong internet connection for using this tool.

Attend Conferences at your Home with GoToWebinar

My overall experience with GoTo Webinar is very satisfying. As a Ph.D. student, I have used this software during the two years of the Corona Virus to attend different conferences. It has been so helpful, easy to use, and convenient to me. Despite having some cons, this software offers several important pros that most similar software lack. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

* It is very easy software to use even for beginners. * It integrates with Hotspot perfectly. * GoToWebinar offers a high-quality audio and video. * Users can record the conference, the meeting, or the class they are attending. * It has a great CS with fast replies.

Cons

* It has a limited customization. * GoToWebinar requires downloading and installation. * Sometimes sharing the screen with others is troublesome.

Utterly Disappointed and Let Down By GoToWebinar

Pros

user friendly, like the analytics and reporting

Cons

GoToWebinar has let us down time and time again when calling into the customer service line. We receive information that ends up being incorrect. Previous experiences include video recordings lot playing and recordings disappearing. The most recent and most upsetting, particularly in the times we are in, is with a webinar we hosted on the CARES Act yesterday (Wed). We had almost 1,500 registrants....

GoToWebinar is very comfortable software for training and webinar purpose

To provide training to new comers in my team, I feel that GoToWebinar is one of the suitable options to provide training to the new employees. Moreover, I can easily attend a meeting on GoToWebinar due to its simple interface.

Pros

Attending and conducting a webinar is so simple on GoToWebinar. I can carry out a large webinar on GoToWebinar swiftly. Also, new comers easily get used to the interface of GoToWebinar that makes my job easy as I can communicate with them efficiently.

Cons

GoToWebinar is lacking in the mobile application. I definitely faced a lot of issues to attend the meeting from its mobile app. Sometimes, I had to leave the mobile and resume the meeting on my desktop as it lags a lot on the mobile.

Good for hosting webinars and training

It’s among the best webinar and virtual meeting software platforms. I recommend it and will keep using it unless another platform can do the same thing for a lower price.

Pros

GoToWebinar is easy to use from the get-go, the learning curve is very short. It makes setting up a webinar very simple and you can share events in a variety of ways. That makes it easy to get the word out about your events and it integrates nicely with other products, like Pardot and website platforms.

Cons

Sometimes it’s confusing to know what level of service you have, and it’s not always clear if a feature is included in your subscription or not. It would be nice if they took excluded features out (based on your service agreement) or made it clear what’s included in you subscription and what’s not when you’re setting up an event. We also have multiple people using a corporate account and the notifications get out of control sometimes.

GoToWebinar: User review

I attend/host both professional and personal webinars (e.g. business conferences & family reunions) using this software and I have yet to be disappointed by poor performance.

Pros

This is both a secure & efficient software to reach a vast audience anywhere in the world especially in the COVID-19 times that we currently live in. I love the high quality of both audio & video using this software every time I attend a webinar.

Cons

Some users have mentioned that it works better with some Internet browsers than others but I have at least 3 different browsers on my Windows 10 laptop and they all work just fine with this software. Perhaps it is specific to a Windows 7 or Mac issue?

GoTo Webinar Review

Overall going from Webex to GoTowebinar was great because we were able to go from something that was not updated with the times to something that was more current.

Pros

It is a very seamless tool and very straight to not only implant into the business, but also understand how to use it.

Cons

Just like with any tool there is always limitations and nothing is every perfect. Occasionally we would have connection issues, but not to much beyond that.

Great for presenting to larger groups

Very pleased with the controls and overall operation for holding meetings with 12-80 people.

Pros

GoToWebinar gave us full controls to carry out our meetings and sessions at the level of professionalism we wanted. We could easily control audio and video feeds, provide control to speakers during presentations, poll participants if needed and review questions posed during the proceedings. Registration process allowed us to conduct secure sessions and automatic email updates kept participants informed on how to access sessions.

Cons

Need a better way to give control of advancing presentations for panelists/speakers and still allow administrator to click and review other elements - polls, audio feeds, etc.

Goto webine -A goto product for meetings

Pros

Thus makes likfe more simple with much simpler process of conducting day to day meets or conducting interviews for candidates and what not.. It is faster and more lightweight in term of startup than comparing to its peers like webex etc

Cons

There is nothing i dislike about the product but the logo and user interface can be revamped or be designed to be more catchy

Great Tool to conduct online Webinars

My overall experience with GoToWebinar has been really satisfactory and it has been a good experience. The audio and video quality is good and the provided controls is also very useful. Some issues with mobile apps can be resolved and the overall sign in process can be improved.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about GoToWebinar is the audience monitoring. It helps in strict moderating of webinar audience and provides wide range of services to monitor and moderate audience. Also, the availability on all major platforms is a real plus.

Cons

The thing I like the least about GoToWebinar is the settings panel. Settings panel in GoToWebinar is really complex and sometimes it includes lot of efforts in finding the required settings.

Deteriorating tech support on what was once an amazing service :(

We've used GoToWebinar for many years, going all the way back to the days when we had to use a Dynametric box hooked to our computers to record webinars (you couldn't record them off the screen). We've loved GoToWebinar, because webinars are an integral part of our business. Over the years, the tech support was phenomenal - live operators answering quickly when you call, and they were true experts...

Pros

GoToWebinar is very easy to use in setting up webinar sessions, adding dial-in numbers for other countries, and downloading both reports (Q&A, attendance) and the webinar videos. Also, the cost is very competitive compared to other webinar services.

Cons

Since LogMeIn purchased GoToWebinar a couple of years ago, we've experienced a huge increase in technical snafus - the audio line for presenters dropping without notice, the recording of a live webinar suddenly stopping in mid-session with no warning, etc. Despite our ongoing requests for tech support to fix these issues, they continue happening. Also, the new tech support teams that came on when...

Webinar Hosting Made Easy

Pros

The software was easy to learn and the user interface is intuitive. Features were easily accessible and icons were self explanatory to any person who grew up in the age of smart phones and the internet. I was able to launch the webinar without any prior training and hosted my very first webinar ever without a hitch. GoTo Webinar has the ability to keep track of attendees' engagement, record presentations,...

Cons

Some features can only be unlocked by increasing the membership tier. The basic subscription is already pretty pricey and does not have access to many of the "premium" features such as embedded videos and maximum number of attendees and available registration slots.

With ongoing use, you will learn how to use it

We use GoToWebinar to host educational sessions with our clients or leads. If you're an experienced user, the platform does everything you need it to do. It also integrates nicely with our email management platform and takes the burden off of manually managing registrations and confirmations.

Pros

All organizer controls are readily accessible when you host your event. Everything is located on the right hand column so you can toggle between boxes for whatever function is required. The newly designed dashboard makes it easier to see at a glance upcoming events. Creating an event is simple and integration with our email management system was seamless. The automatic confirmation emails that are sent to registrants are also one less thing we have to worry about during our webinar registration process.

Cons

When you first host your event, the controls can be intimidating. The boxes are piled on one another and it's not straightforward as to what each control does unless you've had prior experience running an event or reviewed their resources to understand how to operate everything. While the labels of the function provide some context, it would be helpful if a "?" hover option was available so users know what each feature does while you're in an event. Chatting during an event is also a concern. You'll have to be very careful to select who you want your message to go to.

Best Webinar Hosting Tool

I have been using GoToWebinar from the past 2 years and 5 months as the results-driven extraordinary when it seems after the webinar host. We nearly run 5-10 webinars per months both internal and external upon different technologies related, event s related, social awareness related as we can see our business growth with an outstanding performance each quarter with the help of GoToWebinar Tool. We...

Pros

The most I like in GoToWebinar Tool is: 1. We can host webinars easily with a single click 2. We can also have automated templates which we can send it to all registrants 3. We can also send reminder emails to all registrants and attendees 4. We can track individual webinar analytics and can generate reports based on that 5. We can also do the practice (Dry run) before going live with the webinar so as to check the webinar goes smoothly 6. We can record the live webinar and can have a copy of it stored in webinar dashboard in this GoToWebinar Tool 7. We can re-record hosted webinar if in case there are any necessary changes that can be implemented

Cons

There are no cons about GoToWebinar Tool at present as I'm totally satisfied with it completely :)

Perfect Solution for Collaboration on and off network

Overall this tool allows us to reach a greater audience with ease and we have had a lot of success with people logging in from home or at the office to tune in. I like the ease of use and the results we have had!

Pros

I think that the ability to use GoToWebinar both on and off network is great because we host weekly training sessions across the nation for people at home or at various companies. We haven't had any connection issues and the interface is intuitive and user friendly. Pulling reports on attendees or viewing how many people are registered are a breeze with the option to pull .csv or .xls. You can easily share screen, see the attendee view, add in polls, chat function for questions, etc. I like that all webinars are recorded and you can share them out afterwards. The ability to schedule/change/cancel reoccurring webinars is nice too! Easy to figure out without a user guide which is a plus!

Cons

When you pull reports for for attendees you aren't able to pull by parameters, it is just a set report. For example, we have a recorded webinar that we send out to people and weekly I need to view for new applicants - I would like to pull the report based on specific dates but I can only pull the report as is (a giant list of everyone that has ever viewed the webinar). For my purposes its only a minor inconvenience but more capability in this area could provide more insights.

Great Webinar Platform with Full Automation

Great webinar tool that's supported by a huge number of other apps as well. The app performs reliably and has the added benefit that most people have used it so you rarely have to worry about people not being able to connect.

Pros

There is one thing that really sets GoToWebinar apart from the competition in my opinion. First, if you subscribe to GoToWebinar Pro, you can pre-record and fully automate your webinars. If you run webinars in a timezone that's 12 hours behind or ahead of you, it's a HUGE lifesaver to be able to record a webinar a month in advance and have a fully-automated version of it run during the middle of the...

Cons

There are some quirks related to the setup of webinars that can be a bit frustrating and the customization of the webinar landing pages and emails is so minimal that it might as well be non-existent. Basically you slap your logo on the email and that's where the customization ends. For recorded webinars, there's one big downside. You need to have the recording of the webinar done at the time that...

Webinar - tool which is not user-friendly all the time.

Pros

- We can invite more people to join a live webinar before start the meeting. - It is vet easy to connect to webinar meeting. With a few simple clicks from an email we can connect to meeting without any interference and hurdles in between. - With the good speed of internet connection you can have a video with good call quality and clear vision. - You can record the session too for future use and train...

Cons

- This platform stuck and freeze more often compare to other remote meeting tools. - If you do not have an accurate internet connection, then there is no use of this tool. - The incident had happened to us that we were around 10 people in a meeting and not a single person was able to hear another person’s voice. Even after login and logout several times in tool. At last we had to switch that meets on another tool. - We have to wait outside the main meeting page if the organizer is late.

In a past customer service training job, I conducted daily webinars with GoToWebinar for big groups.

Pros

GoToWebinar was useful for conducting training webinars for large groups because of the ability to easily invite participants prior to the event, with the option to remind invitees of the event from an internal feature of the program. Following the webinar it was valuable to be able to access the roster of those who attended, along with their contact information. This was aided me in providing incentives...

Cons

As opposed to GoToMeeting, I did not like that (although it was easy to invite participants) each attendee had to register for the webinar rather than simply click on a link to access it. Many people did not receive a confirmation for this as the email was sent to their spam rather than to their inbox, causing a breakdown in communication.

A reliable tool to deliver live webinars and trainings

We use it for training, remote team meetings, conference calls, and deliverable presentation to our clients.

Pros

GoToWebinar is one of the most widely used tools for live webinars, to deliver online training, product demos, live streams, and online meetings. It is easy to use and has a simple and intuitive user interface. It works via an app or can be directly accessed via a web browser without downloading any app. Multistreaming, option to enable/disable microphone of the audiences, meeting recording, screen presentation, noise reduction, and voice clarity are some of the features I really like. These features play a vital role when you have to deliver training to a huge audience. GoToWebinar Mobile app is really helpful in scenarios where your traveling and you need to attend training. Voice clarity is excellent.

Cons

GoToWebinar is a reliable tool and I didn’t find any limitations. You would observe some lag in a video presentation if you are on a slow internet connection.

Hosting seminars made easy

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic service if you're looking to present to a large group of people. You have the ability for your clients to interact with the seminar in the event that you want to make sure your employees attend the meeting. I have never had a GoToWebinar disconnect from the internet, even very poor connections can handle GoToWebinar. I have setup and hosted many different seminars and GoToWebinar has to be at the top of my list.

Cons

My cons come from troubleshooting GoToWebinars inside a restricted network. More than likely you'll have to make sure all your users can run GoToWebinar on their computers/laptops. This can raise questions if you're monitoring what sites are whitelisted on your network. There was also a big limitation on users accessing GoToWebinar with Group Policy restrictions. The launcher will more than likely trigger your policy if you limit the programs your employees are allowed to run. This only applies to users who run the software while on the domain. Otherwise GoToWebinar is a fantastic service.

The best webinar platform we've used so far

Gotowebinar lets you do everything that a webinar provider SHOULD let you do.

Pros

1. Let's start at signup: When you create a registration form for a webinar, it automatically includes the time & date of the event, with an option to convert those to the registrant's local time (& date). This is something that ANY webinar host could do, but believe me, not all do. 2. The layout is intuitive & easy to use, both at the scheduling & execution stages. SO much easier to do, and easier on the eye, than other services we've used. 3. It's easy to add downloadable files. Again, this is something every provider should do, but I don't know; maybe some have higher standards of what's "easy"? 4. No-fuss, no-bugs recording.

Cons

We give certificates of completion to our webinars' attendees. I found the export files of these attendees a little harder to work with than other providers'.

Organising many webinars successfully

I use this software to do a weekly webinar with our clients. Through this software, we can interact with a lot of people at the same time. They can ask us questions, and we can easily communicate with them and solve their queries. We are also using it to connect with our remote employees.

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic tool to host online webinars. It is pretty straightforward to get started. You can sign up in the software very quickly and begin organising great webinars. The best feature which I liked the most about GoToWebinar is that we can send live questionnaire about the concept or theme of the webinar or we can directly talk to them about any issue faced during that time. In this...

Cons

One thing which I would like to mention is to keep the chats scrolling automatically just like in the case of YouTube. Sometimes, when I am taking coding cases, I would like to see the code on the webinar attendee's screen to correct or debug the code. So, I would love to see a video conferencing type feature to be added.

GoToWebinar- great if you have a large group attending your presentation

GoToWebinar helped us edit the content of our presentations, pertaining to the feedback we gained from our attendees. It was fairly easy to use and our clients were all familiar with the software so we never had issues with them not knowing what to do when logging in.

Pros

What I liked most about GoToWebinar's software is that when we were putting together a presentation, it allowed us to invite hundreds of people. We were presenting to various sister hotels and knew we would have a large group that would exceed that of GoToMeeting's capacity, and I believe GoToWebinar had a limit of 1000 attendees at the time, which was more than we needed, but great to know we had...

Cons

I was a sales manager using the software so this didn't apply to me, but I do know that the GM did not like how expensive it was. He would often complain about the cost, but it wasn't enough for us to get rid of the software because we valued the information we gathered while using it.

Best among all to create and Manage online Webinars

The overall experience of using GotoWebinar was very good so far. With most of features provided in standard version itself, its value for money and trouble free software Being an admin of tool, its easy to setup webinars and manage the sessions

Pros

1)Intuitive user interface with almost no learning required 2) Auto recording of all webinars/training's 3) Stable and reliable. Never encountered any issues so far 4) No user login required for attendee's 5) Create polls and survey questions to be asked during Webinar 6) Multiple speakers can be accommodated with quick switching 7) Meeting link sent to customers once they get registered.

Cons

Compared to the pros's the software offers, there are very few things which can be pointed such as 1) Chat window is small. Multiple lines of text entered or to be read needs scrolling 2) Notifications needs to be more highlighted