GoTo Webinar Logo

GoTo Webinar

Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

GoTo Webinar Reviews

4.5

2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.37/10

Reviews by rating

It is easy to download and setup. The quality of sound is great and if you need to call in it is very easy.
My overall experience with GoToWebinar has been really satisfactory and it has been a good experience. The audio and video quality is good and the provided controls is also very useful.
The tools in the side really intuitive, I participate a lot in webinars and I'm grateful there is a platform that works perfect and allows us to have a great webinar experience.
I sent out the webinar registration confirmation with no password so I lost more than half my attendees and my business suffered because of it.
Every meeting I have had has had sound issues during which people are cut off or I miss what they are saying.
Poor video and call quality, was difficult to hear conversations properly due to a poor delay.

2,062 reviews

KV

Kyle V.

Career Services

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

excellent way to deliver live webinars online

Transcript

Kyle V.: Hi, I'm Kyle. I work in the career services department in the real estate industry. I give GoToWebinar...

Destiny E.

Marketing Communications Director

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

We LOVE GoToWebinar

Transcript

Destiny E: My name is Destiny. I'm a communications director in the higher education industry, and I...

Zedekiah M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Brace yourself with an epic tool for all your virtual needs

I have really had a blissful experience with Goto Webinar. Event planning and hosting was a real nightmare that really needed a lot of money and burning of the midnight oil. But with GoTo webinar we are able to plan and launch succesful virtual conference, workshops and event without much hassles. We really love it here

Pros

Goto webinar is an epic tool that set itself apart from others of it's kind in the market. It is super easy to setup and implement in any organization of any size. Also it's interface is impeccably intuitive and friendly making it soo easy to plan and launch any event or conferences as well as for the attendees to join. Over time I have learnt to pay a little extra for convenience and trust me the...

Cons

There is literally nothing I have found wrong with GoTo Webinar it's doing what we got it to do

CB

Claire B.

Online Media, 51-200 employees

A Comprehensive and Convenient Webinar Platform

GoTo Webinar is an excellent webinar platform for businesses of any size. It provides a comprehensive suite of features that make hosting and attending webinars simple and efficient. The platform is user-friendly and allows for easy remote connection with audiences.

Pros

GoTo Webinar makes hosting and attending webinars a breeze! The platform is easy to use and provides all the tools needed to create a professional and engaging webinar. The features are comprehensive and make connecting with remote audiences a snap.

Cons

GoTo Webinar can be pricey for organizations with limited budgets. The subscription tiers can add up quickly and the lack of an entry-level option can make it difficult for newer organizations to get started.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Software reliable, API is flaky, Support is Worse

We love the reliability. We run a weekly webinar and over the past 9 years have done 210 webinars, with a good attendance. Let down by the API and very poor support, which seems worse since the LogMeIn purchase. Now starting to look for alternative webinar solutions.

Pros

I have been using GotoWebinar software for the past 9 years and have found the basic service to be very reliable and have done over 210 webinars using it. The video functionality that they have recently added has been a good addition. Over the years that have made it easier for people to dial in, we get few problems. They also offer a phone dial in number for people to listen to the webinar audio.

Cons

- The API is the worst API that we have used. Most products provide a simple REST API with a reasonable amount of instructions. The Gotowebinar API is badly documented and is difficult to work with. Just found out that the current API expires on 31 Jan 2019 and you have to move to Oauth2 - a costly migration. - Support for the API is awful. In November we were unable to use the API for 10 days. - The chat function is limited - we developed a chat room to run alongside GotoWebinar, but cannot integrate it with the webinar software - Takes a while to convert the recording

Ama W A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Join a webinar in a click

Pros

Easy joining of meetings and the fact that there isn't a time limit which enables smooth interactive meetings without breaks.

Cons

I had challenges registering the first time I used it - the process was complex

JP

Joey P.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Webinar Hosting Made Easy

Pros

The software was easy to learn and the user interface is intuitive. Features were easily accessible and icons were self explanatory to any person who grew up in the age of smart phones and the internet. I was able to launch the webinar without any prior training and hosted my very first webinar ever without a hitch. GoTo Webinar has the ability to keep track of attendees' engagement, record presentations,...

Cons

Some features can only be unlocked by increasing the membership tier. The basic subscription is already pretty pricey and does not have access to many of the "premium" features such as embedded videos and maximum number of attendees and available registration slots.

Information Services, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

With ongoing use, you will learn how to use it

We use GoToWebinar to host educational sessions with our clients or leads. If you're an experienced user, the platform does everything you need it to do. It also integrates nicely with our email management platform and takes the burden off of manually managing registrations and confirmations.

Pros

All organizer controls are readily accessible when you host your event. Everything is located on the right hand column so you can toggle between boxes for whatever function is required. The newly designed dashboard makes it easier to see at a glance upcoming events. Creating an event is simple and integration with our email management system was seamless. The automatic confirmation emails that are sent to registrants are also one less thing we have to worry about during our webinar registration process.

Cons

When you first host your event, the controls can be intimidating. The boxes are piled on one another and it's not straightforward as to what each control does unless you've had prior experience running an event or reviewed their resources to understand how to operate everything. While the labels of the function provide some context, it would be helpful if a "?" hover option was available so users know what each feature does while you're in an event. Chatting during an event is also a concern. You'll have to be very careful to select who you want your message to go to.

CG

Charlotte G.

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,001+ employees

Perfect Solution for Collaboration on and off network

Overall this tool allows us to reach a greater audience with ease and we have had a lot of success with people logging in from home or at the office to tune in. I like the ease of use and the results we have had!

Pros

I think that the ability to use GoToWebinar both on and off network is great because we host weekly training sessions across the nation for people at home or at various companies. We haven't had any connection issues and the interface is intuitive and user friendly. Pulling reports on attendees or viewing how many people are registered are a breeze with the option to pull .csv or .xls. You can easily share screen, see the attendee view, add in polls, chat function for questions, etc. I like that all webinars are recorded and you can share them out afterwards. The ability to schedule/change/cancel reoccurring webinars is nice too! Easy to figure out without a user guide which is a plus!

Cons

When you pull reports for for attendees you aren't able to pull by parameters, it is just a set report. For example, we have a recorded webinar that we send out to people and weekly I need to view for new applicants - I would like to pull the report based on specific dates but I can only pull the report as is (a giant list of everyone that has ever viewed the webinar). For my purposes its only a minor inconvenience but more capability in this area could provide more insights.

BE

Bernadette E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

GoToWebinar is Reliable, Stable and Cost Effective

We use GoToWebinar at least once a week and sometimes more. As a non-profit, we watch our dollars and GoToWebinar, although not the cheapest, is reasonably priced and includes an unlimited video library and a license for GoToMeeting. We have been using it since 2018 and it definitely provides the capability we need to present online meetings and events to our membership and beyond.

Pros

We chose GoToWebinar because it is a stable and secure platform. Webinars and events are easy to set up and it included GoToMeeting at no additional cost.

Cons

Since the pandemic, Zoom has become the standard and most presenters are familiar with Zoom and less familiar with GoToWebinar, so practices are usually required to familiarize the presenters. Attendees are also used to having reaction emojis, which are not included in GoToWebinar and a third party software is needed to add a different background.

GK

Gabor K.

Accounting, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Quick, efficient, works everywhere, helps you rise above the market

It is a great tool for delivering presentations/online trainings. I expect a software like this to be quick and stable. I have found all of these qualities in the GoTo Webinar.

Pros

GoTo is really a work from anywhere company and with this product you can also embrace this quality. Go To Webinar has always worked seamlessly, I would dare say effortlessly, without experiencing the regular hickups with similar software.

Cons

At first I did not really see why I should choose GoTo instead of Zoom or Teams. I am not sure how this could be fixed other than trying the product and seeing if it works better for you than the competition. There is a free trial after all

Faiyaz T.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Great for webinar and virtual conference!

I attend online Webinars and Workshops via GoToWebiner. And I'm Satisfied.

Pros

During this pandemic, GoToWebinar is playing a great role in conducting online meetings and Webinars easily. It has got unlimited Participants and live chat features. Can be easily launched in web browser and can be joined with dedicated link and passcode. Online learning and workshops are easily conducted.

Cons

Sometimes video or audio might hang due to network issues. The UI isn't as smooth as it's other competitors.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Now organizing online is much easier with GoToWebinar

Pros

GoToWebinar makes your webinar registration process much easier. It has very clean user interface. New user also can navigate GoToWebinar easily. It record our webinar automatically. we can execute polls smoothly. Attendee reporting is also good. GoToWebinar provide real-time data of attendees. Easy to share screen. compatible with all devices.

Cons

Email automaton feature is missing. We cannot use digital background. Need strong internet connection for using this tool.

AH

Adan H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Dependable virtual Conferences and Events olution

Since the adoption of Goto webinar in at the hospital I can say that we put our best foot forward to acquire it. I can attend workshops, conferences or even meeting without having to leave the the HDU/ ICU room. Soo Iam able to follow up on everything while taking care of my patients. Also with it I don't need an account to join the meetings. What an incredible tool. I really love it

Pros

Goto webinar simplicity is next level. It's intuitive interface makes it easy even for invitees to join the conferences from anywhere without struggles. I engage on any device may it be my desktop, phone or even tablet. Planning topnotch virtual events is also quite easy with it through the pre planning and event promotion through the Goto stage. Scheduling is flexible for one time events, series of...

Cons

Go to Webinar guarantee us hassle free events because it makes events delivery soo easy. It is comprehensive in terms of event platform features making it the ultimate best solution in the market for us and anyone seeking to go virtual on hosting events of any size

Kimani N.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

GoTo Webinar always put a smile on our faces by exceptionally executing our events

GoTo webinar is a game changer for all our virtual events needs. It is soo excellent that I feel like we are having a one to one physical event

Pros

GoTo webinar's cost effectiveness, user-friendliness and ease to setup and use are exceptional making it accessible by all users across the organization . GoTo webinar is suitable for our organizational need for it can handle large numbers of attendees. It is also customizable in such away that it allows for customization of webinars or workshops with branding and polls. Webinars can be recorded...

Cons

Technical issues occuring during the webinar especially in the case of internet connection problem that brings about video or audio issues

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

This is an effective old-school technology for online events

Using GoToWebinar to host large-scale meetings and training sessions has been around for a long time. For both internal and external use, it is excellent. There are a lot of firms out there, but GoToWebinar is one of the oldest and most well-tested. With our clients and staff, we utilize GoToWebinar because it doesn't require a lot of software to run, and the online version works just as well.

Pros

For meetings of 50 to 100 persons during the pandemic, we used this platform. We appreciate the ease with which the presenter can be given control of the presentation from the organizer's control panel. Useful reporting and recording options are available after the event, and they're simple to use. It takes minimal time and effort to set up an event. It's not designed for two-way communication, but...

Cons

You can't fast-forward or rewind the video to go to a previous point. It restarts from the beginning if you exit and reopen it. The only way to utilize it is to play and pause. It's also worth noting that when video playing begins, the panelists' microphones are automatically silenced. Even though they can unmute, panelists who wish to discuss videos in meetings may run into this issue if they forget.

BN

Bernice N.

Retail, 51-200 employees

GoTo Webinar is my Go To online Webinars

Pros

GoTo Webinar is reliable, cost effective and stable. It’s easy to download, very clear the audio and video is in HD, does not buffer, it’s a great tool for those webinars or trainings with large groups. It’s very handy when it comes to engagements with the attendees as you’re able to conduct polls and get comments during the meetings or training sessions. I like the fact that I’m able to use from any device, eg smartphone, tablet, laptop etc. you do not need to download the tool for participants but instead you can use the web version, how cool! GoTo Webinar is very secure and does not display personal information- data protection is top notch. Recording feature is my favorite, this helps me keep records. Mute on entry option helps bring orderliness to the meetings.

Cons

GoTo Webinar is the best thing that has happened to me. I can’t imagine my life without this tool now. Simply the BEST

Mathew F.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

An Online Webinar Solution, Let’s Go To Webinar

Pros

Being an area manager for Africa, I have a huge task of making sure my team members all over Africa get training and hold meetings oftenly, truth be told I can not make it in person all over Africa but with GoTo Webinar, am Virtually present the whole of africa, and the best thing I can be present at the same time, I will just set up a webinar or a conference and am good to go. Screensharing option...

Cons

I can go on and on for all the things I love about GoTo Webinar, I have not had any single dislike for all the years I have been a user

Jane G.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Better audience engagement in virtual webinars with GoTo Webinar.

We do alot of training work and since we have multiple branches across the country, GoTo Webinar allows us to do these trainings virtually. Its excellent engagement functions allows us to experience the same effectiveness as we would if we are doing the training physically.

Pros

GoTo Webinar interface is intuitive and easy to learn and understand for anyone. In fact, we were able to setup our first webinar without needing any IT assistance. It is super secure and has always safeguarded all our data and those of our audiences from any form of security breaches. It offers large virtual rooms which allows us to host larger number of audiences during our training sessions. We have never had a boring webinar with GoTo Webinar thanks to the audience engagement functions that allows us to engage freely with them.

Cons

I have never experienced any dull experience with GoTo Webinar for all the times that i have used it.

Mitesh C.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

GoTo Webinar is a real go-to tool for virtual conferencing and webinars.

We use GoTo Webinar in our organization as platform for hosting online events including virtual conferences and webinars. It provides with a safe platform for us to communicate with our customers and clients either as individuals or as a group in webinars and online events.

Pros

GoTo Webinar allows one to host virtual events of any size meaning its a convenient virtual conferencing tool for any organization despite their size. It provides enterprise-grade security to all your information and data ensuring that no unauthorized person can have access to your account or any data. It is a simple tool which has its architecture designed with an approach to make it easy to use for users by using a very user-friendly user interface. It provides excellent features like raising hand which allows attendees to ask questions or give opinions. It allows more than one presenter at a time which means that multiple presenters can host an event at an instance which is amazing.

Cons

With no doubt, i have nothing that i like least about GoTo Webinar. It is a very useful and productive tool.

Leah N.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

GoTo Webinar is a 10/10. The Best

Pros

GoTo Webinar is super easy to setup and implement regardless of the organization size. The tool is fairly priced, we all want a tool that saves us money and gets the job done effectively and GoTo Webinar is that tool. It’s customizable to my needs. The video and audio are of vey high quality. Super secure tool, you get the assurance that your data is in safe hands. The audience engagement makes our...

Cons

No dislikes. GoTo Webinar tops my list of the best softwares I’ve used

SG

Stanley G.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

GoTo Webinar is a pioneer for virtual events.

We use GoTo Webinar as a virtual platform to educate people on matters museum conservations through community awareness campaigns as well as to run webinar marketing to attract more tourists to visit us from both local and international.

Pros

The main reason we find GoTo Webinar more useful to us is that it allows to host larger number of audiences for our online events and this allows us to reach out to more people at a go. It makes online events more interesting by allowing the audience and the hosts to engage and interact freely using features like raise hand, chatting and others. Another unique thing about GoTo Webinar is how it allows an event to have more than one presenter at a go.

Cons

Am more than happy with GoTo Webinar and its features and am having a good time and experience using it. No dislikes.

Anerlisa M.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

GoTo Webinar is the real Deal.

Pros

GoTo Webinar is easy to use, download and set up. Setting up webinars and meetings is pretty easy and the good thing is that participants do not need to install anything, they can use the web version which is straight to the point. Its compatible from any device eg smartphone, laptop, desktop name them, this means you can access from anywhere at anytime. GoTo Webinar is favourable especially when you have a big audience, we use it for our AG meetings , trainings etc. I love how interactive it is, panelists can ask questions and even conduct polls among the participants. GoTo Webinat stores the session recordings which are available for download, this acts as backup.

Cons

Nothing to dislike, well done GoTo Webinar

dishant s.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Organising many webinars successfully

I use this software to do a weekly webinar with our clients. Through this software, we can interact with a lot of people at the same time. They can ask us questions, and we can easily communicate with them and solve their queries. We are also using it to connect with our remote employees.

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic tool to host online webinars. It is pretty straightforward to get started. You can sign up in the software very quickly and begin organising great webinars. The best feature which I liked the most about GoToWebinar is that we can send live questionnaire about the concept or theme of the webinar or we can directly talk to them about any issue faced during that time. In this...

Cons

One thing which I would like to mention is to keep the chats scrolling automatically just like in the case of YouTube. Sometimes, when I am taking coding cases, I would like to see the code on the webinar attendee's screen to correct or debug the code. So, I would love to see a video conferencing type feature to be added.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

GoToWebinar- great if you have a large group attending your presentation

GoToWebinar helped us edit the content of our presentations, pertaining to the feedback we gained from our attendees. It was fairly easy to use and our clients were all familiar with the software so we never had issues with them not knowing what to do when logging in.

Pros

What I liked most about GoToWebinar's software is that when we were putting together a presentation, it allowed us to invite hundreds of people. We were presenting to various sister hotels and knew we would have a large group that would exceed that of GoToMeeting's capacity, and I believe GoToWebinar had a limit of 1000 attendees at the time, which was more than we needed, but great to know we had...

Cons

I was a sales manager using the software so this didn't apply to me, but I do know that the GM did not like how expensive it was. He would often complain about the cost, but it wasn't enough for us to get rid of the software because we valued the information we gathered while using it.

Silas M.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

GoTo Webinar is Reliable, Fast and User Friendly

Pros

We use it for online training in our college especially when sharing screens and presenting visual information. Video quality is excellent and audio is audible and very clear, no buffing and lagging. Recording meetings is an excellent feature for keeping records. GoTo Webinar integrates well with other systems. Its user friendly and all can access with no hitches. Customer service is very prompt at responding to queries and offering assistance. It can hold many occupants for an online meeting. Love the reporting feature available almost immediately after the post webinar. I have never experienced unstable connection that means its very efficient for meetings, even with poor connectivity it delivers.

Cons

I love GoTo Webinar, I have been using it close to 4 years and I have no regrets

GO

Gabriela O.

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

GoToWebinar it's a wonderful tool for spreading knowledge

It is extremely useful in learning environments such as training where you don't necessarily have to be there physically, or interacting with our colleagues in real time, or interacting with a customer where we have to demonstrate our services. Super cost and time efficient.

Pros

I have worked as a Administrative Coordinator for quite some time and I am familiar with the GoToWebinar platform. I was scheduling online and video conferences for my company's managers and our customers. This platform it's very user-friendly, can be learned in an instance, it's easy to manage and does not require IT support or expertise, it is simple to enter a webinar without worrying about any system requirements. The process of signing up and getting started with the platform was very quick and easy. The webinars can also be recorded and watched later. GoToWebinar it's a wonderful tool for spreading knowledge.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I immediately wish was different. I've never experienced any glitches while using GoToWebinar and overall have had a positive experience.