Freshservice Logo

Freshservice Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated. Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility.

MS

Max S.

The integration with email is good, and we really like the mobile app as it gives us a far better ability to respond when away from the desk than email alerts.

John T.

The interface is extremely user friendly, ticket management is far superior to the system we were previously using and the support has been fantastic so far.

EK

Emily K.

I placed 2 trouble tickets and I had my account suspended because I apparently was harassing them.

JP

Jacob P.

Difficult to note any dislikes on the application. Any issues we have are being considered for future upgrades.

FH

Fady H.

Lack of Flexibiity to link with other products such as JIRA for example.

SW

Steve W.

Freshservice users...

How would you rate Freshservice?

Great Overall SASS for IT

Transcript

Brad T.: Hi, I'm Brad. I'm the application support manager in higher education and I rate Freshservice...

Freshservice review from RI

It's been very useful and helpful to our organization.

Pros

Ease of use, price, integration options with other applications

Cons

I wish that Freshservice sent regular reminders of what live and recorded training that is offered for the reporting and inventory options.

Very simple easy to use for both an Admin user and for Requesters.

We always struggled getting teachers to log jobs with our old ticketing system, they always forgot their account details to log in. With Freshservice you are not required to create an account to put in a request, as long as the requester enters a valid email address they will receive emails with updates of the status of the ticket when ever you add notes or close the job. It was very easy to setup as well. We were able to modify the form for staff to fill out with their request and customise the portal with our school logo. You can also add your own FAQ and solutions page. Would definitely recommend for your organisation!

Pros

Unlike other service desk software, users are not required to have an account to put in tickets, they only need to put in their email address and will receive updates on the ticket as you make notes.

Cons

What I don't know like is if you have a guest admin replacing one of your regular admins you need to keep purchasing guest passes.

Love using Freshservice!

Pros

I love how easy it was to get started and a year later we are continuously customizing the HelpDesk to our needs. The Automators and options are very intuitive and I would recommend to anyone.

Cons

Reporting could be a little easier to use

We love using ServiceDesk ! Much easier than our prior ticketing system.

We have streamlined our helpdesk processes considerably and provided our user base with a tool that they actual don't mind using!!

Pros

Customizable to your business. Simple data entry panels for the customers. Easy to keep track of tickets with views so you can see just your tickets, or your groups tickets. Escalation process that is built in works great for getting approvals for spend in advance. Has streamlined our efforts tremendously. Also love the private note capability so we (in IT) can assist one another with notes, but there is just one person dealing with the customer.

Cons

Would like the display a little more condensed. Would like the Project, Releases and Changes sections to have more of the features that tickets has where you can put in notes about progress, or ask others in the team for help on certain items. Wish Solutions had a better editor.. I would like to copy and paste in a fully completed Word procedure and it doesn't accept all the formatting or images.

Task Management

Overall, this was an easy software to learn and helped our team be more collaborative, efficient, and productive.

Pros

When I became the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for our school district, this is the first ticket management system I've ever used. It took a while to get our employees used to putting in help requests, but now they know this is the fastest way for them to get service. The workflow management helps get requests to the right person, and we love the parent/child ticket option. Most companies don't offer this and it has really helped when we have multi-layer tasks to accomplish. For the cost, this is a great product to keep your team efficient and productive!

Cons

It didn't seem to integrate our inventory as seamlessly as we liked and we prefer a more visual and user-friendly dashboard.

Simple Internal Support

Freshservice made keeping up with the requests in my workload possible. At the time of implementation I was the only member of our IT Department and after 1 year had closed about 300 tickets myself. After having brought in another person and as we're planning to grow our team even more we are on pace to handle 600+ this year. So many of those requests can and have gotten lost in email in the past, but no more!

Pros

Freshservice is simple to use as an end user submitting tickets and as an agent managing / responding to them. The automation features to automatically close tickets or assign to agents based on category are instrumental in an efficient workflow.

Cons

I feel bad even complaining about it because it's so simple to use but I feel as if the interface could use an update. It feels like it's a few years old but it allows you to get the job done and ultimately that is all that matters.

Easy to setup and configure, professional and modern to use

Instantly improved our ability to manage and prioritise our support of both our internal IT users, as well as our external clients. Have also started using Freshservice for asset management, which initially we had no intention of doing, but after testing have found it to work brilliantly for this too.

Pros

Very easy to use for our end-users, as well as agent. Also very easy to set-up, practically works "out of the box", and doesn't need any specialist knowledge of HTML, etc. Looks good and for the most part as customisable as required. Integration with O365/AD a bonus. Asset management tools are great. Automatically generated reports come out looking good straight out.

Cons

Some issues I've had to contact support for seem that they could quite easily be a knowledge base article (if they are, then need to be more easily found). Some customisations that seem basic can't be done, for example some default catagories/settings/fields cannot be removed or modified, and reporting isn't as customisable/bespoke as it could be .

The experience has been great! The various reports have given given our team visibility of what we

There is visibility of what the IT team is doing as a department. Support cases raised by users are closely followed up to completion with every feedback clearly recorded and users consequently feel well catered for. The Team is able to access the areas that need a lot of attention through the various reports. It also has made Agents work even harder and smarter in order to solve issues, incidences and complete projects within SLA

Pros

I love the many different reports, SLA watch for agents, the facts that customers can raise tickets simply by sending an email without necessarily logging in to the portal. The possibility of customer feedback. I love that the team can populate solutions and build up knowledge base.

Cons

The Project management module. Tracking completion is never very clear. When you complete a task within a project it reports as though the whole project is completed.

1 year review of this great ticketing software

Having a proper way for our employees to submit trouble tickets to our I.T. team that are trackable and also have a running log for individual employees to look back on to see what issues they have had in the past.

Pros

Simple to use Simple to manage Easy to make changes and form to your companies needs Fast look up of prior tickets Easily manage your teams productivity

Cons

To tell you the truth I havent really seen any thus far. Its so customizable and so simple to navigate that our users have not had any complaints

Great ticket management platform

Overall, it's a handy tool and offers a solution for almost all of our needs. Customer service is super quick to respond as well.

Pros

- Easy to use UI. - Offers a mobile app so you can answer tickets on the go. - Asset management integrates well into the ticket view so you can easily see which assets each user has.

Cons

- While the mobile app is a great tool, the interface can be difficult to navigate and settings are limited. - Reports can be a pain to retrieve.

Great ITSM Solution

Pros

The number of features bundled in with the software. Works as a help desk, knowledge base, and ITSM solution all in one platform.

Cons

Weird kinks. More than once I have had to great tickets for weird issues, such as an emoji in an email breaking the whole ability to receive emails to create a ticket.

Intuitive, evolving and provides great value for money spent

Visibility and efficiency Can now measure results and see where we can improve

Pros

Setting this system up for our business was straightforward and no complications Easy to use and navigate Efficient support included in the pa package - no blow outs. Default reports are comprehensive Covers asset register, change and problem management, tickets in one package Ticket management is fantastic Gamification encourages agents to achieve SLAs. Cloud based and accommodates SAML making it easily accessible to our users

Cons

Workflow templates are static and cannot manipulate the views Asset register needs improvements Forwarding emails to helpdesk does not raise the ticket in the original senders name if their email exists in the company's domain

Has been invaluable in shaping our team going forward

1. We really needed to formalise our reporting process. Job Done! 2. Reports back on the ares we are getting the most issues and we can manage physical, training, software or other specific issues. 3. Drives performance from a BAU and project view.

Pros

Simple layout which looks clean and easy to use from a busy systems admin. Can easily be tailored to add layers of information which in turn easily reports back. Easy for all staff to use the system.

Cons

It is email heavy but must admit we're not looked into turning certain ones off yet. Would like to see the report turn into dash board that are on the front. Not just call open and in breach.

Fresh Succeeds where others fail.

Great.

Pros

The Ability to automate ticket responses and send reminders to users has been very impactfull.

Cons

There is not a lot of End User centered Documentation / Training materials.

FreshService, Fantastic and affordable ITSM platform

The benefits of having all these features under one pane of glass.

Pros

Ticket management, KB, Contracts are my most used features, we like the new project management as well

Cons

integration into our business was time consuming and arduous, I performed the migration by myself and it took months as I have other duties as well.

Simple with all the features you need

Excellent asset tracking. Discover probe at free level is fantastic. Customization of fields is simple.

Pros

The simple and intuitive interface. There is a lot of ability for customization of fields. Free level is great place to start and robust. Technical support is best in class backed-up with fantastic online knowledge base. I have used several tiers of this product and was quick to implement at a new company.

Cons

The free level features can quickly be outgrown but entry level cost is reasonable. The asset probe is a great feature, but light on information from assets that are causing errors.

Has allowed easy tracking of issues in a unified platform

Improved Tracking through reports. Customization of issue topics

Pros

Reporting that shows the types of issues that are coming from our users and what departments/regions the issues are coming from. This allows us to be proactive and develop training and guides to assist users before issues crop up again.

Cons

I've not been able to find a way to attach files/forms to our scenario automations. For example, if a user needs to update their direct deposit, a scenario with the new form they need to fill out already attached with instructions on how to submit it would increase productivity further.

Best Turn Key Service Desk Solution Available!

A large number of efficiency gains from an agent perspective, and a lot of customer satisfaction gains. The system embeds the communication into the ticket using e-mail, so the communication stream and the update of the tickets is now in one action, and available in one system. This has sped up initial response, and frequency of communication. Freshservices use of tags in the main ticket view has also really increased our ability to follow up and more importantly follow through in a timely manner.

Pros

Ease of use with minimal training is a huge plus when rolling out a product. Our deployment of Freshservice was so smooth and issue free with very little training needed in our IT department. It was so easy we're in process of rolling it out to non-IT functional groups to be utilized as a work management system. Configuring the backend of the system is remarkably intuitive, and highly flexible, and the level of automation is fantastic. My environment support 2000+ internal colleagues and the adoption of this product was very positive and viewed as a huge value add to the organization.

Cons

If I'm being very critical, the ability to build and configure a pre-defined list of "billable tasks" is missing. To be fair, this functionality is not available in most of the products I've seen and is not common.

No Competition - Ideal Platform

Pros

I have used FreshDesk and FreshService now in three different project. It is always my go-to platform for incident tracking, and task allocation with the added benefit of auto asset management. You really cannot go wrong here with a really simple to use platform that helps organise your support team, provide the end users with the responses that they need to feel informed and give you valuable data on your deployed assets.

Cons

I have no negatives at this stage, I find it does exactly what I require and I get a good response from the team.

Got a satisfactory response back within 20 minutes.

Pros

The application has a really wide set of tools for a ticketing system and it is very easy to follow/move around. The way it allows to track tickets and displays notifications to the most recent tickets that have been addressed is helpful and a nice touch, and a really nice feature that was recently implemented was the option to remote assist a user via Teamviewer directly from within the ticket.

Cons

It has a nice interface, however when setting up new forms for knowledge base and service catalog it can be a bit time consuming since those two sections are similar. It creates by default a user account as requester whenever someone replies to your default ticketing email address and that person does not have an existing account; in my case, people from outside our company have replied to emails where our helpdesk is cc'ed and creates an account for them.

Easy to use and deploy ITSM tool for any organization

Overall features in Freshservice are good compared to other ITSM tool in my previous organization. It's simple and user friendly interface. Requester able to log a ticket with few simple steps.

Pros

I have little knowledge on configuring ITSM and with the help from Freshservice support, I'm able to pick the knowledge fast and able to roll out certain features immediately. Very friendly user interface.

Cons

When transition from Freshservice to Freshwork, there are few features are not available, hence limiting the configuration on Requester page. For instance Requester, there's no Location and Department field in FreshWorks Users. I would suggest a thorough testing on the field mapping be done before transition, e.g. Timezone was not done properly. Without the Location and wrongly mapped timezone, Agents and Administrator having a challenge to identify the Requester.

Robust enterprise system that’s much better than servicenow

Great

Pros

The workflows and integrations make freshservice extremely useful

Cons

Limited effy/Feeshservice-Okta support; Custom fields are difficult to configure with Okta

FreshService provides an amazng helpdesk and inventory solution

This helpdesk allows us to easily manage issues and our inventory in a single web based application that we can access anywhere.

Pros

The ability to easily gather tickets, generate reports, and manage assets is wonderful. Being able to link certain assets to trouble tickets and track expenses helps us track down reoccuring problems with ease. Email ticket submission has greatly increased communication with the tech staff and teachers.

Cons

The higher tiers get very expensive, especially as you pay by agent. Some features are only available at the highest tier.

Great Service 24/7

Very pleased overall. Great service, efficient, polite and professional. More importantly, patient

Pros

Ease of logging an issue Look is very easy on the eyes Flexibility in using products such as Incidents/Problems/Admin/Solutions etc. I can either log a ticket or speak on the chat - good turn around on wait times!

Cons

Lack of Flexibiity to link with other products such as JIRA for example. Lack of Flexibility when using the support portals - basically its all or nothing

Cloud Infrastructure management is possible with Freshservice

Very positive. Enjoyed the platform so far.

Pros

Easy to use and learn. There is a tremendous number of features that show the developers really strive to create something advanced and customizable. You can tailor the platform to behave very uniquely for your type of business.

Cons

Development of features feels schizophrenic. There are some areas VERY well developed and others that feel almost abandoned. It would be worth having less modules if the existing ones just felt "finished" and not missing obvious features.