Freshservice Logo

Suggested alternatives

jira-service-management
zendesk
sysaid

I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated. Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility.
The integration with email is good, and we really like the mobile app as it gives us a far better ability to respond when away from the desk than email alerts.
The interface is extremely user friendly, ticket management is far superior to the system we were previously using and the support has been fantastic so far.
I placed 2 trouble tickets and I had my account suspended because I apparently was harassing them.
Difficult to note any dislikes on the application. Any issues we have are being considered for future upgrades.
Lack of Flexibiity to link with other products such as JIRA for example.

Brad T.

Application Support Manager

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Great Overall SASS for IT

Transcript

Brad T.: Hi, I'm Brad. I'm the application support manager in higher education and I rate Freshservice...

Bryan S.

501-1,000 employees

Great tool for tracking issues, managing assets, staying compliant

It allowed us to determine the number of IT staff needed to support a growing company. It also allowed us to track changes for SOC II compliance.

Pros

FreshService is a simple to use system that has allowed us to manage IT issues, assets, and changes within a quickly growing company. Prior to the implementation of FreshService we were unable to appropriately identify our staffing needs or areas of concern due to the lack of ability to track issues across the entire organization. With FreshService implemented we're now able to put metrics to the volume of support our team provides to the company. We're tracking assets across multiple states. And we're tracking changes within our environment for SOC II compliance.

Cons

I wish there were some built-in features which made viewing issues by Location easier. Currently, it appears that Locations can be linked to Requesters which implies issues by Location. However, it would be ideal to be able to quickly see and change the Location the issue is occurring. This would lead to reporting mechanisms that would allow us to see which Locations have the highest number of issues.

RB

Rob B.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

A user-friendly all-in-one solution for the servicedesk

I am really happy I rolled out FreshService 2 months before Covid-19 forced all to work remote. We were able to support users from home ( IT was at home as well ) without issues. FreshService contains a Solutions (knowledge-) base, users can request hard- and software like shopping online, very intuitive and user friendly

Pros

The ease to set it up : you can do it yourself without technical support. It comes with an app so it works on mobile devices as well, convenient if the laptop stops working.

Cons

You cannot change the webportal to your liking unless you have webdesign skills.

Hossam S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Hossam's Fresh Service Review

The overall experience is not that pleasant, it can perform the daily tasks, but not powerful & complicated to use, and doesn't have the customization features of creating our own dashboard in an easily manner.

Pros

We have been using fresh service for more than a year, it is ok as a ticketing system & perform the daily task

Cons

It is a complicated system compared to the other one we have been using, we had a problem generating the Team's ticketing report to do the yearly appraisal, so it has failed us in one of the most important yearly assessments, so it is either the Admin knowledge or the system has issues, but in both cases it is a bad experience, unlike other systems we were using

MC

Marco C.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Freshservice: Modern and Reliable Ticketing Solution

Pros

The capabilities of this ticketing solution are incredible. Freshservice is easy to use and flexible.

Cons

I do not have dislikes for Freshservice. Freshservice works so well for us.

TL

Tom L.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Freshservice Review

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

MW

Mel W.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Implementation and Management

I had used FreshService in the past at different places of employment and had enjoyed it. This was the first time I was tasked with picking a ticketing system for a company. The fact that you get a trial based on the level you want to pay for, can basically have it customized during the trial to see if it's the right fit, extremely helpful and responsive customer service, and its easy to use for all levels of tech comfortability were the big reasons we chose FreshService. Every time I check in with our team of Agents, everyone is extremely happy with the switch and, overall, I am looking forward to the positive changes this is bringing our teams.

Pros

There are several reasons I pushed to choose FreshService over other products. The value of the features I was getting with the ease of set up. Within the trial period, I had most of the set up done before I presented to my department head. The ease of switching from the previous (and archaic) system to FS for our end users was, overall, seamless. The ability to customize the product with minimal knowledge makes it easy to manage and make changes. After reviewing a dozen other ticketing systems, FreshService provided the ease of implementation and change that we were looking for.

Cons

I love Freddy and want to use it however it's limited features over the traditional portal are frustrating. I understand it's a new feature and it's in a state of constant improvement but I wanted to launch with it and was unable to because key features that we needed specifically for our company would not show up. The reports aren't quite what I thought they would be either and I will probably have to do some work with powershell to get the information I really need.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Easily worth the price compared to other ticket systems.

Pros

After following a demo given by enthusiastic and cooperative Freshservice employees, we were sure of our choice. The tooling is intuitive, user-friendly, responds quickly and very easy to set up. There are plenty of things that can be adapted to the needs of the company. There are a number of options within the tooling that have certainly increased the efficiency of our employees and in the way customers create their own tickets. The support and technical staff are excellent and an example for other companies!

Cons

The change module may be further expanded. A feature request has been created for this and the latest information shows that a number of improvements will be made this year.

Denise W.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Works wonderfully for automation and workflow

Everything related to work may be found in one convenient location. It's perfect for storing company guidelines, demands, and procedures. It also has pre-built connections to popular services like Gmail, Slack, and more.

Pros

Automated processes and operational flow. Adding a new integration and automating task pushes is a breeze. To date, automation has allowed us to cut our work time by as much as 60 percent.

Cons

While the sheer number of configuration options may seem daunting at first, you'll quickly gain the expertise to tailor freshservice to your exact needs as you gain experience with IT service management.

CZ

Colin Z.

Entertainment, 501-1,000 employees

Review of Freshservice

Very good experience. But when our organization became bigger and more systems were buildt, we found freshservice didn't have enough capability for integration. So it's hard to keep FreshService in our IT eco system

Pros

Intuitive UI. Easy to self-study and self-deploy. Global wide search is very useful as well

Cons

Not enough integration. Can't connect with other systems

Vr

Vigneshkumar r.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Awesome product for ITSM, ITAM and ITOM

Pros

I like the Self service portal and Virtual Agent, With this requestor can easily make Service request through the portal and Virtual Agent helps our requestor on basic troubleshoot problem

Cons

Improve the Customer support services , and provide a on site support is better to understanding more in this product

BJ

Benjamin J.

Construction, 201-500 employees

FreshService Internal Ticket Management System for Gehan Homes

We enjoy FreshService for the simplistic ticket management and communication it provides. It is also a secondary database for our asset management to cross reference our main database. We would like to see more curated automated reports for both tickets and assets. We would also like to be able to levarage the change management database, but it does not appear user friendly nor intuitive; so we may need training on this but we do not use it because we dont understand it. We are actively looking for change management.

Pros

Easy to build requestors and submit tickets via email and communicate with the end users we support for our internal helpdesk. Easy to spot trends and ensure service level agreements for ticket response times are measured appropriately.

Cons

The inventory management system at first was very unreliable, sometimes search wouldnt pull up names or info. It seems to have been developed and works much better, but I believe the backend database or tool used could be of better quality. It has come a long way from the beginning and is markedly better.

OB

Olly B.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best ITSM / ESM tool out there

We are solving 1200 tickets a week with a team of 22, and automating resolution of 320 tickets a week using workflow automator. We were able to get up and running with Freshservice with only 3 months for planning, build and implementation.

Pros

- Very little initial configuration needed - features work out-of-the-box - User experience (UX) very very good - modern, quick and easy to use, looks great - Workflow automations and orchestrations allow significant and valuable automation with little work - Sandbox mode allows safely making and testing changes, and syncing them into production easily - Ticket approvals system works very logically and very well

Cons

- Sandbox sync sometimes fails and needs Freshworks support intervention - Only the main requester can access the ticket, and it's not possible to add others to see the ticket - No first-party SSO integration - we have to use a 3rd party plugin for SSO & SCIM which only syncs user attributes when they re-login - Agent permissions are not granular enough to allow us to lock down the number of admins as much as we want - WYSIWYG editor has quite a few quirks around new lines and styling

DY

Derrick Y.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Favorite ticketing solution so far

Overall I am very happy and don't have any plans to change the product

Pros

I have used several products before and Freshservice is by far the favorite because it has automation, integrates with many vendors and software that we currently use such as Dell and JAMF

Cons

The Admin setting section is hard to navigate through sometimes and hard to find settings I want

GL

Gemma L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Happy with Freshservice

Overall I won't be able to do with all. Everything that is necessary to deliver our services on IT is ran by Freshservcie.

Pros

I like the fact it is simple in use and that I can offer my clients a solutions/helpdesk functionaliteit for manuals. As well manage my ITIL processes and asssest from 1 solution.

Cons

I am missing some helpdesk features I had before with Freshdesk. I think I had to 'give' in some of those nice features with the solutions, where you could index a page and make templates.

BJ

Braden J.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Great IT software

love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

KW

Kathleen W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

FreshService is great for IT ticketing, terrible for project management

I dislike this tool and am ready to find a new solution.

Pros

It has made our issue and service intake much cleaner and easier since we have a ticket users can submit requests through and it gets sent to our team members as required.

Cons

Our team has been using FreshService for over a year now, and while it has made our issue and service intake much cleaner and easier, it is awful to use for project management. It is not intuitive, we have to remember all sorts of details to ensure our message gets through to team mates' emails, the calendar is not helpful, and we waste time by using this tool.

TJ

Timothy J.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

FreshService provides many of ServiceNow level functions - but without the price tag

I have implemented in my current and previous organizations. It has solid overall build quality and supports ITIL standards and data capture in many areas. We also have the asset tracking component which has been helpful.

Pros

Streamlined interface has been easy for our IT team to learn and use. I like the ability to track and link incidents, service requests, changes and problems. Does what we need.

Cons

I would love to see more and better reporting - simplistic tools for creating reports limit advanced analysis in the tool.

KW

Kimber W.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Good, but not quite great

FreshService is definitely an improvement over our previous system, and we like it, but it's not all it could be. That said, they make frequent updates and are noticeably trying hard. It's a good solution for the money, but if you have the budget and want robust project management, change management, knowledge base, asset tracking inventory features, there are likely better solutions

Pros

The FreshService implementation team was very easy to work with and provided excellent customer support. They did a great job of keeping us on the timeline we had set. General tech support is very good as well. I always get a response within a day. I've also enjoyed working with their robust API so that I can make customizations. The ticketing system, which is by far the most commonly used feature, is excellent.

Cons

The knowledge base feature leaves some things to be desired. There is no ability to create a template so that multiple people can write articles with a consistent look. The user side can be customized with Javascript and CSS, but the agent side can't be. The result is that knowledge base articles look different, depending on who is looking at them, and whether the article content is included in an e-mail or being accessed from a URL. The project management feature is confusing and not particularly intuitive. Especially when it comes to altering dates for tasks that must happen in a sequential order.

AS

Andy S.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Long time user

similar to most big orgs, initial contact and simple issues are resolved quickly. more complex issues take a longer for them to understand and get under control. also there seems to be a fast turnaround of account management staff, so continuity over time is difficult

Pros

ease of use for admins to control tickets via simple to use interface

Cons

new features take several revisions to get working correctly / fit for OUR purpose

ZN

Zac N.

Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent service

Very happy

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and nice layouts

Cons

Some things not configurable which makes us having to do workarounds

CE

Chad E.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Create the support system that fits your organization!

Pros

Freshservice is a wonderful service management product! We use it for handling all our tickets and service requests. It differentiates between incidents and service requests so you can create a whole catalogue of hardware/software items that users can request. You can add approval requirements to these service requests and can create custom workflows to automate certain processes for incidents and requests.

Cons

The Project Managment module is a little underwhelming. Feels a little underdeveloped and the visual interface and functionality fells somewhat lacking. We use the Kanban method of project management and Freshservice doesn't give us the ability to manage projects using that method. It uses lists and gantt charts. However, and a service desk management tool it is great!

MB

Matthew B.

International Trade and Development, 51-200 employees

Ok for the price but better software exists in almost every area

Freshservice has been a really useful tool for us over the past seven years. We are actively looking for replacement software because of its limitations, especially around ticket management. It's a good basic platform for the cost but there is better software out there.

Pros

The nuts and bolts of service catalog, tickets for agents, basic asset management and automation within the platform are all solid and entirely usable. We have been using it for a few years because it does the basics well, is robust, and is fairly priced for the quantity and quality of its features.

Cons

Ticket management is cumbersome as soon as you want to manage or prioritise your workload. The kanban view is limited. Ticket management exists only in list form. There is no effective way to plan your working week. This might be ok if you're handling only issues but if you're producing anything, it's very limiting. Ticket management should be this platforms bread and butter but it is only basic.

MS

Marty S.

Shipbuilding, 1,001-5,000 employees

Freshservice

Pros

The ease of use and flexibility of the product is what makes this a great product to use. The customer service is also very efficient with any issues we may have.

Cons

The asset management interface could be improved.

SE

Shaun E.

Freshservice is a very simple web based portal with a great deal of functionality.

Freshservice is an easy way to manage and resolve issues by following the ITIL proces

Pros

Freshservice follows the ITIL process which means it is easier to structure in a way which works for our business. Tickets can be raised by internal users or customers outside of the business allowing for greatly improved communication. Tickets are easy to manage in terms of responses and audit trails. The service catalogue is a great feature, this allows us to capture all the necessary information...

Cons

While the admin features are vast, on occasions it can be difficult to locate what you need unless you know your way around. However, it's not impossible and with time does become easier.

RL

Richard L.

Textiles, 501-1,000 employees

Feedback

Positive - The entire team enjoy using it

Pros

I like the ease of use - It has been really easy to roll out to the userbase

Cons

Lack of customisation on forms and categories - I cant change labels etc