Freshservice Logo

A complete IT service management (ITSM) tool for business

Freshservice Reviews - Page 2

Mikaela S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Freshservice can help you work more efficiently.

If I have to make a new system choice today, I would choose Fresh again.

Pros

In Fresh, the company can achieve a comprehensive ticket management solution. It's enjoyable to work in Fresh. It's educational, visually appealing, and helps us in our operations to deliver to our customers.

Cons

Some of the requests we've made take time to be incorporated into the Fresh roadmap.

TW

Tony W.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Freshservice - Great ITSM tools and keeps on improving.

I really like Freshservice and it keeps being improved. They continually innovate and adding AI that can do ticket translations and summaries is really good for us as an international company. Support has been fantastic also.

Pros

The ease of deployment for Freshservice was great. We were quickly up and running and the automation features are really good. They have recently also improved the AI capabilities which is good to see and constantly seem to improve the product.

Cons

Reporting can be complicated. We had issues with line managers trying to create their own reports and then questioning the results as the criteria can be complex to understand. They have inbuild basic reports and these are OK

MW

Mark W.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Good value and easy to implement and use

We have been happy with Freshservice and consider it a good value in comparison to some of the other Desks out there that provide similar service. We particular enjoy features like round robin ticket assignment, asset discovery and tracking, and providing a Knowledge Base for both Users (Requesters) and Agents.

Pros

We rely on the ticket system primarily to manage steps to resolution and archive past interactions and solutions. FreshService provides this functionality with little back-end effort on our part. Though somewhat limited, we do appreciate the ability to customize our portal.

Cons

Adding MSP's can be a confusing process. As it stands, you have to open a trial account then merge it into your main Desk. Last time we did this, FreshService failed to convert the account properly and we ended up being billed for the "trial" account. It took us several weeks to get the billing resolved. I recommend working with a live agent right off the bat to make this happen as smoothly as possible.

RB

Rob B.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

A user-friendly all-in-one solution for the servicedesk

I am really happy I rolled out FreshService 2 months before Covid-19 forced all to work remote. We were able to support users from home ( IT was at home as well ) without issues. FreshService contains a Solutions (knowledge-) base, users can request hard- and software like shopping online, very intuitive and user friendly

Pros

The ease to set it up : you can do it yourself without technical support. It comes with an app so it works on mobile devices as well, convenient if the laptop stops working.

Cons

You cannot change the webportal to your liking unless you have webdesign skills.

PT

Paul T.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

FreshService is Great but not consistent

It's amazing! it's just hard for me to hand over some of the responsibility due to the steep learning curve. Support could really do with arranging time to speak to you instead of email tennis, support can be slow but some agents are stella!

Pros

The way it can be used to report on bottlenecks and problem areas as well and programmed to tackle them is a game changer. It's great but you do have to know what changes impact others and I think it could be made more clear even for those with experience it wouldn't hurt and for those learning it would speed up the learning curve a lot.

Cons

Inconsistencies in user interface. Menus and options and ways of changing things differs on newer or older modules. Also the Employee Onboarding is great but a pain to adjust if you wish to change the Stakeholder order and initiators. Also linking to AD groups for requesters and agents would be ideal.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Freshservice is the best ITSM, our users love it!

After using several ITSM tools, Freshservie deployment was very easy and it fits 100% with our needs at an affordable price.

Pros

Ticket management is great by itself but if you uses it with workflow automation it's awesome. You can configure as many user portal as you want and it was a requirement. Inventory is also great module. Project management help us not only in the helpdesk team but also in other areas of the department.

Cons

The knowledge base could be better. You can't create more than two category levels and sometimes is not enough.

Sarah H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

You can do a lot of great things with Freshservice

Complete platform for IT service management and reporting on client needs. It gives me the ability to develop material that can be provided as assistance to customers, as well as report back internally to the team and to top board management.

Pros

I appreciate that it is not only affordable, but also demonstrates a lot of value due to the fact that it comes with a lot of features considering how much it costs. FreshService is capable of competing with ServiceNow in terms of IT service management, and I am accustomed to utilizing ServiceNow.

Cons

The constraints placed on portal design, in addition to the requirement of having HTML coding skills. I have not been able to determine whether or not it is possible for us to have parent portal sites that include kid pages, and the process of developing these pages will require experience in coding.

Max S.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

Pros

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on...

Cons

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

TL

Tom L.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Freshservice Review

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Aleksandr Z.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Freshservice Review from a daily user and admin

My overall experience with Freshservice has been really good (despite the cons I listed). The interface from Agent point of view is easy to navigate, the ticket/problem/change management is clear. From an admin point of view, everything is well group under the admin section and even if you don't have experience with Freshservice you will find yourself picking everything up pretty quickly. The mobile...

Pros

- Easy to use - Good platform to manage incidents/problems/changes/releases as well as requests - Good CMDB for managing company assets - Pretty simple to perform administrative tasks - Good customization - Has mobile app that will notify you when someone performs an action on any of your items (Such as assignment of a ticket, replies, approvals, etc.) - Had good experience from Freshservice support staff - Has the ability to integrate into your domain account via Single Sing-On (SSO) - Good solution for storing your IT Support based knowledge base

Cons

- Customization could be better in some areas - Some changes require you to contact Freshservice support directly - Digital asset management is a bit clunky - Mobile app is not as intuitive as desktop experience and can feel difficult to navigate for some users - Noticed that at times, usually in the morning hours of EST time zone, Freshservice access cuts out for 5 minutes

DP

Dave P.

Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement.

Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

Pros

Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system. Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There...

Cons

Reporting - very limited compared to some systems although improvements are on the road map. Software Assets - confusing to use as you have to track each software item as an asset, cannot easily search on what is installed on computers across the database. Again improvements coming on the road map. Dashboard is useless - current implementation of the system gives a very basic overview of the...

51-200 employees

Feature-rich and intuitive

We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with. The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which...

Cons

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there. Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves. There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent. My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...)...

Shayla B.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

An excellent customer service tool, Freshservice

We primarily use this system as our IT support ticketing system. The process of getting set up was manageable, and their customer service has been fantastic. Even though we'd like to see more individualization in the HR/IT onboarding requests we've developed, we've already done a lot of the groundwork. We had previously invested in Asset Management but have now abandoned it. You get out of the knowledge base what you put into it in terms of content updates and documentation.

Pros

Super simple for both IT managers and regular employees to learn and utilize. According on your membership plan, you have access to a wide variety of optional add-ons for your control panel. Extremely flexible, albeit occasionally annoying limitations surface.

Cons

In comparison to the things it provides, Freshservice's price tag is a touch steep, and the company's support team has occasionally experienced technical difficulties that have slowed its response times.

Lillian G.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Freshservice is a top-notch help desk solution

I use Freshservice to stay on top of my workload and respond quickly to any incidents that arise, most of which are related to technology at the company where I work.

Pros

The best thing about Freshservice is how simple and straightforward it is to use, both for end users and for the system administrator. Even first-time users will have no trouble grasping and implementing workflows because to the intuitive nature of the UI.

Cons

Since I use Freshservice on a daily basis for both my job and my company, and since it is so intuitive and simple to operate, I really can't think of anything bad to say about it.

KW

Kimber W.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Good, but not quite great

FreshService is definitely an improvement over our previous system, and we like it, but it's not all it could be. That said, they make frequent updates and are noticeably trying hard. It's a good solution for the money, but if you have the budget and want robust project management, change management, knowledge base, asset tracking inventory features, there are likely better solutions

Pros

The FreshService implementation team was very easy to work with and provided excellent customer support. They did a great job of keeping us on the timeline we had set. General tech support is very good as well. I always get a response within a day. I've also enjoyed working with their robust API so that I can make customizations. The ticketing system, which is by far the most commonly used feature, is excellent.

Cons

The knowledge base feature leaves some things to be desired. There is no ability to create a template so that multiple people can write articles with a consistent look. The user side can be customized with Javascript and CSS, but the agent side can't be. The result is that knowledge base articles look different, depending on who is looking at them, and whether the article content is included in an e-mail or being accessed from a URL. The project management feature is confusing and not particularly intuitive. Especially when it comes to altering dates for tasks that must happen in a sequential order.

RS

Renan S.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

A review about fresh service

A solid product with excellent qualities that can help transform how teams work

Pros

Good tool for team collaboration. It is possible to configure workflows for each of them, projects, queues, etc. It is possible to greatly customize the fields and apply them to workflows, meeting specific needs.

Cons

Graphing is a bit confusing, and you need to buy higher planes to use the best tools.

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

No bang for the buck, an overpriced form submission tool that disappoints in reporting and integration

Pros

Friendly user interface. Copy screenshots directly into the form (although there's a bug for the last 3 months that screenshots are displayed double in edit mode.) Plenty of fields to configure for more complex workflows.

Cons

Default categories and labels with awkward naming (synonymous use of "Tickets" and "Incidents" for "Issues", "Change" for "Change Request", "Problem" for "Bugs") No possibility to convert issues to change requests. Agent needs to recreate the entire case in the back resulting in significant adminstrative overhead. Reporting is practically inexistent. REST API not covering many functions and object...

GL

Gemma L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Happy with Freshservice

Overall I won't be able to do with all. Everything that is necessary to deliver our services on IT is ran by Freshservcie.

Pros

I like the fact it is simple in use and that I can offer my clients a solutions/helpdesk functionaliteit for manuals. As well manage my ITIL processes and asssest from 1 solution.

Cons

I am missing some helpdesk features I had before with Freshdesk. I think I had to 'give' in some of those nice features with the solutions, where you could index a page and make templates.

KS

Karthic S.

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

A Deep Dive into Freshservice Performance and Features

Overall Freshservice does the job that we needed but not allowing us to use the latest features effectively. As the use cases differ from company to company this should be taken into consideration and have a 1 to 1 meeting to help users use the latest features effectively.

Pros

1. Ticket Handling is Simple, effortless and straight forward.2. Automation of tasks can be done easily.3. Contract Management helping us a lot in digitalizing.4. Asset management and tracking is very helpful as we used to excel previously. 5. Build in Knowledge base help us prepare and save documents and procedures for repeated issues.6. SLA Management help us in providing better service to customers

Cons

1. Customer service can be improved. Almost every time when i reach service with an issue, i get an answer that its not possible.2. No options to submit a feature request, Customer service is refusing to take a request.3. Some of the features like Team integration are not usable with the Customer service ID, that feature will help many customers.4. account managers take a lot of time to respond and they dont talk directly they redirect you to customer service without even discussing about the problem.

AS

Andy S.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Long time user

similar to most big orgs, initial contact and simple issues are resolved quickly. more complex issues take a longer for them to understand and get under control. also there seems to be a fast turnaround of account management staff, so continuity over time is difficult

Pros

ease of use for admins to control tickets via simple to use interface

Cons

new features take several revisions to get working correctly / fit for OUR purpose

PM

Phillip M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great standard feature Set on the whole, but new features seem to lag behind their FreskDesk system

Pros

The ticketing system is really easy to use, with lots of options for workflow automations and ticket management. The app marketplace is great for extending the functionality.

Cons

FreshService seems more like a new branching out for the company, with a complete set of tools, but lacking refinement in a lot of places. There are also odd quirks like Discuss feature button being available, even though the Discuss feature doesn't work on FreshService yet.The mobile app is a bit of a let down, as it doesn't have a dashboard like the main site which makes it much more tedious to lookup...

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Efficient and Reliable Support Ticket Management with Freshservice

My overall experience with Freshservice has been positive, with the platform is easy to use, comprehensive, and efficient. The platform offers a range of features which can be customized to meet an organization's specific needs.

Pros

Ease of use is the thing i liked most about it. It is very intuitive and easy to use, even for non-technical users.And the ability to include a range of features, including incident management, problem management, change management, and more.

Cons

Sometimes we haveeienced slow loading times with the Freshservice platform, which can be frustrating when trying to manage tickets quickly

BJ

Braden J.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Great IT software

love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Muhammad ShahRukh B.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

An Enterprise-grade IT Management System

Freshservice helps us drive intelligent decisions by letting us track data and streamline service management across teams using a unified platform for improved visibility and efficiency.

Pros

Freshservice is innovative and new features and improvements roll out frequently. Most of the ITSM features are flexible and can be modified to meet the end users' needs.

Cons

Inbuild Reporting and Analytics are complicated and do not always yield the desired results

RO

Ruben O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Excellent Value and Everything we need for our Ticketing System

We have reduced the amount of redundancy and human error from many IT processes and workflows while organizing and improving our overall support and response time. FreshService is so well organized and it also helped us look into other areas that were often overlooked.

Pros

I really like how everything is organized, there is a logical flow viewing tickets, bugs/problems, Change orders, tasks, and then projects. The main dashboard is customizable so you can have the metrics that are important to you up front. I also love that you can tie the current issue with existing knowledge base articles helping you to solve issues quicker or possibly automate responses. Lastly, the ability to automate processes and workflows have been clutch for us, reducing time and human error.

Cons

During onboarding/setup some of the 3rd party apps that you rely on for integration with systems such as Azure can be difficult. FreshService has still provided top grade support for those but, I can take some time to implement.