Contentful Reviews

4.32/5 (19 reviews)

Anonymous

Very inflexible when it comes to styling changes, use only if you have plenty of engineers

Reviewed 2017-04-01

It is impossible for users to create elements that are totally out of line with the corporate design. Contentful also loads faster than many other CMS.

John Mann

The best option for a headless CMS

Reviewed 2018-04-03

It is truly cloud-first for a headless approach. You can build your content model and control your input with easy validation (min/max/regex) and even dependencies on other models. It is truly headless and integration with node, react, asp.net, and php have all been relatively easy. Node was definitely the easiest integration.

Brandon Zhang

Contentful is useful and wonderful

Reviewed 2018-12-12

I'd like to recommand contentful as it is easy to use, and easy to config store data for develop a project. stable, friendly configuration, data structure is clear, and have api auto configuration

Courtney Hinerman

CMS solution that lets you publish content simply and easily

Reviewed 2018-08-09

Contentful is a content management system solution which has a great API focus and allows us to develop our own data relationships and data structure. It provides us complete flexibility within projects and gives us the capacity to distribute to different types of platforms with less hassle. The user interface is straightforward and really simplifies the process for our backend system.

Andrew Folts

So long, WordPress! Welcome to the future of nimble web development!

Reviewed 2018-09-18

The free developer plan is amazing, and overall Contentful has made my life SO MUCH BETTER. I no longer have to worry about updates, databases, or clients breaking their sites.The UI of Contentful is superb in its own right, but especially when compared to other similar CMS interfaces. Everything is laid out neatly, and it's easy to sort and edit your content. When paired with a static site generator like Gatsby, Contentful is WAY more safe, dependable, and low-maintenance than WordPress (which I'm sad to say, after being a WP dev for years, is a complete mess).

Mohamd El Khatir

All about Contentful

Reviewed 2019-02-09

I like to recommend you to use Contentful, because it is user friendly, and more professional in developing your projects.The user interface of Contentful is great in comparison to the other sites. The user interface is easy to use. It is very easy to locate content. Best API capabilities.

JJ Fry

Great for developers, great for non-developers

Reviewed 2018-02-14

I love the ability to completely customize the content types so that the editors are only able to edit exactly what you allow them to.

Jan Piotrowski

Content Management done right.

Reviewed 2014-07-15

After deciding to integrate an offline experience to our mobile shopping app Cash to Code I started looking at syncing solutions for mobile. Shouldn't be too hard to find something, many apps have to have this problem - or so I thought. Well, not that easy as it turned out. What was out there at that time was unfinished, limited or just broken. By accident I found Contentful and their API focused CMS. Now some months later we are live in the app stores and I couldn't be happier how it all turned out. Yes, back then we couldn't just drop in a SDK an get all the sync functionality out of the box (I hear this is different now), but we just wrote it ourselves based on the great API documentation and the sync endpoint. We use the API to create our content on Contentful directly from our backend system, then it just gets synced to all the clients out there.API. Sync endpoint. People.

Anonymous

I've used Contentful to develop the project of a corporate website.

Reviewed 2018-07-04

A fast, rich and 100% reliable development experience.Contentful offers number of useful features and it's incredibly smart and simple to use. I also appreciated the great discussion I had with one of Contentful main programmer on Github : it helped me to go way beyond my expectations for a CMS.

Ketan Mistry

Contentful is so easy to use and integrate. I had my website up and running in no time!

Reviewed 2018-06-13

The ease of use and functionality, paired with a great user interface. The fact you can create your own data structure and data relationships is so useful and enables complete flexibility within projects.

Job Wind

The perfect solution if you're looking for a flexibel CMS for your projects

Reviewed 2015-07-21

We choose Contentful for our project after comparing many other CMS solutions , whom all seemed to make the process more complicated rather than easier. Contentful on the other hand is a very flexible, straightforward and easy to implement backend system. It serves your data back in JSON which makes it perfect to connect any kind of frontend, without being limited by any predifined layout or formatting. The CMS interface itself is also very easy to manage. You define your content-types, lay them out exactly how you want them, and, in our case, let the client do the rest. All in all a perfect solution if you're looking for a flexibel and easy to use CMS system, and even more so when working with multiple platforms.

Jean-Hugues Bretin

Contentful...

Reviewed 2016-10-12

WYSIWYG interface is ok, but nothing crazy. Uploading images is a real pain and can only be done effectively (seo) by adding images one by one. How and when content appears when published is still a mystery to us. Technical limitations not mentioned, poor support.

Christian Schagen

Great as a mobile backend for our apps.

Reviewed 2015-03-25

Pro: + great API capabilities + cool features for mobile network constrained app experience + fast Con: - Editor could be prettier - App has sometimes glitches in Firefox (Chrome and Safari work fine)

Content with Contentful

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-02-17

Overall my experience has been good. Once I got a rough tutorial I had a pretty good handle of how to use it. There are still aspects I don't know how to use, but of what I do know its pretty fun website creatorI like how easy and quick it is to use. There are some things that are bit difficult, but for the most part its very simple and a great way to run a website.

Karan Sethi

Great productivity product

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-08-21

We've been using this product for a couple of projects now - glad to mention we're a happy customer :) Recommend this to everyone who wants to create a flexible CMS powered web application.- Flexibility - Easy to use - Easy to locate content - wide variety of filters and search - Previews and webhooks are ++

Luke Jordan

Technically rich, very solid headless CMS.

Reviewed 2018-05-18

Helping us build a new platformI found Contentful to have strong technical quality, it was easy to get started, and had a pretty quick learning curve. We're going to be integrating it in several upcoming projects.

Good Value

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-11-20

It has a good balance of cost and features. Their API is feature rich allowing us to extend Contentful and tightly integrate it with our systems.

Anni Kokko