All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Intercom

The #1-rated Business Messenger for customer relationships.

Intercom Reviews

Pros

The ability to keep a seamless and smooth conversation with each user is amazing and helps us maintain a great net promoter score with our users.

Josh T.

Read the full review
From products to service companies, intercom very popular and my experience through a customers lense is WOW. I like that I can get a response later on by email if nobody can answer the live chat.

kevin m.

Read the full review
I love that people recognize Intercom on the big company website so it really helps the reputation. Also the ability to have messages in one place is great.

Zachary R.

Read the full review

Cons

Their customer service has been incredible poor. They caused a completely preventable service disruption that caused several hours of outage for our team, and have been difficult to get in touch with.

Susanna N.

Read the full review
The implementation of how a custom bot should fire based on button click has been poorly implemented. The bot will always be tied to a domain although it should be decoupled from a domain.

Preetish P.

Read the full review
The inbox is quite poor to use for email conversations only. The articles lack for customization options, too.

Johann K.

A Great Lead Capture

Amazing customer support

Not Much Competition

Everything has been fantastic from the Customer Success-led implementation process to it being deployed to our users. Multiple compliments on the feasibility of use since purchasing.

Pros

From both the administrative and user perspective, the ease of use and just overall depth of what you can create with the product is very impressive. It allows a great amount of customer support to be automated and simplify it's delivery via articles and a knowledge base that'll continually grow. Although it's not the biggest feature, as a user, I love that it's focused on getting you an answer/resolution...

Cons

Theres really not much. I've run into situations where it was wrongly applied within other organizations and not properly resourced, giving a less than average experience. But that's not as much specific to Intercom themselves. Given they are the industry leader, it can come at a premium for a larger organizations.

Engagement with Customers is Great!

It is an easy choice if you want to create unique, engaging customer journeys! It also connects to many other tools, so it's a great addition to any software stack.

Pros

I like that we are able to gain insight, offer promos, convert leads, provide support, host a help center, and create unique customer journeys right from within one platform. The Inbox feature is very helpful in providing quick and easy support, especially when using the Intercom mobile app!

Cons

There are few things I would consider cons about Intercom. I wish they offered a bit quicker support, as I often wait a day to hear back, but it is a minor detail compared to the value we get from using the platform.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review and let us know how Intercom is helping you create unique, engaging customer journeys as well as integrate so well with your existing etch stack :) Thanks for your feedback regarding our support response times. These vary based on the urgency of the issue as well as plan, but we always aim to get back as soon as possible. I'll make sure to pass this feedback on to our team here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Awful product with terrible support

Support was terrible. They often provided 'create something custom through our API' as the solution to most of the inadequacies of the product. They also rarely listen or read the problem correctly and I would spend a bunch of time trying to implement the solution they provided only to find out it didn't meet any of the criteria I provided. You know its bad when a support tool lacks good support!

Pros

Admin interface is visually appealing. Widget is not.

Cons

Lacks basic/rudimentary functionality. Simple things like auto triggering a message at the company level when specific criteria is met is not possible. Tagging system is not easy to use and lacks basic features. Can't customize inboxes as needed. I felt like you product blog was so delightful that your product would be the same but it felt like you weren't living your word. Nothing was easy on this product.

More than a messaging platform

We are using Intercom as our main costumer messaging platform in all our ends, from emails to customers to internal communications for our team. Intercom does everything in a neat and easy way.

Pros

In a few words, using Intercom is such a wholesome experience with zero to non competitor in the market who can compete with his top notch features and constant improvements. There is always something new in the works to make it even more useful.

Cons

The overall quality of the SaaS is very good, but the price you have to pay for everyone of the features is a bit too much compared to what is offered from the competition, don't get me wrong, being at the top of the list comes with a hefty price tag.

Thanks so much for letting us know how Intercom is helping you manage your communications with your customers and teams. Thanks too for you feedback regarding our pricing and packaging. Our aim is to align the price you pay to the value you see, and it's a difficult one to get this right for every type of business model. I'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Supercharge Your Customer Interactions

I am able to deploy a simple interface that helps customers interact with our team while they use our software. The team is also able to get direct notifications on their email, Smartphone apps and Slack (via the Intercom<>Slack integration) and respond promptly to queries. I am able to deploy product tours to users while they use our software. It helps us scale our support in ways we couldn't get done in the past. Finally, we are able to assess user actions across various touchpoints and sections of our software. We are also able to gauge our performance with supporting users. i.e. response time, user satisfaction with support interections etc. All together, Intercom is one of the best decisions we've made as a startup so far!

Pros

I like that users are able to reach us at Mercurie for our flagship product. I also love that we are able tosend them emails triggered by rules set by us. I also love the various apps I can integrate to our company account. It has made interaction with users so much easier and richer. I almost forgot the in-app tours and the new features they release every month. As a leader in a startup that owns a SaaS solution, I am always inspired by Intercom every time I use it. As a user, I am all to delighted every time I interact with the software.

Cons

To be honest, nothing really. Maybe the learning curve that comes with figuring it out at first, but they have a robust help centre and academy that resolves areas where we lack clarity.

Thanks for leaving us this review Damola. It's wonderful to hear that Intercom is helping you communicate and interact with your users in such a rich way! You're right that the learning curve with Intercom can be pretty steep as the tool is so powerful, and our Product Education team are hard at work creating content to help at every step. Make sure to check out our free online Intercom Academy courses, webinars and our new customer community Interconnected, as these are all great ways to continue your learning. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Profesionalidad

En general nuestra experiencia con este software es muy buena ya que nos ha permitido ayudar a nuestros clientes de una forma profesional y rápida.

Pros

Lo que mas nos ha gustado del software es la profesionalidad con la que ven nuestros clientes la interfaz y la facilidad que tienen de comunicarse con nosotros, además cabe destacar que muchas veces a través de las respuestas configuradas que tenemos muchos clientes encuentran su respuesta sin tener que contactar con un agente.

Cons

Lo que menos nos ha gustado por decir algo que es un software que incluye unos planes con un precio muy elevado y podría incluir alguno más asequible para empresas más pequeñas.

Thanks for letting us know how Intercom is helping you embrace conversational support and how you're making the most of our automation features too! I'll make sure your feedback regarding our pricing and packaging get back to the team. We always aim to align the cost you pay with the value you see and it's hard to get that right for every type of business model. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

My favourite support tool

Only good experience overall Great support team Price could be better

Pros

Easiest support tool to have. Makes your team very accessible, also makes the support process simple for the end users Good integrations and useful statistics provided

Cons

Pricing - it is not very cheap. Pricing also often changes Help center tool - it could really use some help and updates Also, a lot of Add block tools catch Intercom as an ad and blocks it - thus creating inconvenience for end users having to choose between

Thanks for letting us know that Intercom is you favorite support tool and we're helping you deliver such a good user experience. I appreciate your feedback on our pricing, Articles feature and ad block issues. I'll make sure these get back to the right people here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Intercom is a powerful Customer Support Tool

Overall I would recommend intercom for clients looking for automation chat bots and customer support software. They have plenty of resources and their new product tour feature adds additional functionality to their suite of software.

Pros

The knowledge center and live chat features were the most used features at our software company. These features were used regularly and automations within intercom helped serve clients efficiently.

Cons

Lacks in reporting and knowledge base customization compared to ZenDesk. Innovation in new features can be slow at times.

The best option for LIVE CHAT and Support

Pros

Intercom is the lease in the industry and that’s because is the best in Livechat and support software. I’ve tried a lot of services before, cheap and expensive and I can say intercom worth every penny and it’s the option that has given to me the best results.

Cons

Nothing found until now. It’s really complete and well done solution.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review Tito. It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you drive results for your business. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Amazing customer support

Great experience, we switched over from Sendgrid and prefer Intercom despite the higher price

Pros

The customer support is the most responsive I've ever had from a messaging / email software. We use the email because it's already integrated into our messaging and support software, so we don't have to do any import of the contacts.

Cons

It's not super intuitive or the easiest to use sometimes, like all enterprise level software it can get a bit complicated. It's also not built out for email, e.g. we also can't create unsubscribe groups on email which is a bit annoying.

Thanks for letting us know you have had such a good experience with Intercom since swapping from Sendgrid. I've made sure your feedback regarding email capabilities has been sent to the product team - it's an area of focus for us. Kate (Intercom)

Great solution for chat support

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive interface.

Cons

It has quite a price point, which may not be friendly on small businesses.

Thanks for taking the time to review Intercom Anca. I'm delighted to hear you've found our live chat and help centre features so powerful and easy to use. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great product, poor pricing and support

Intercom helped us provide better support and engage more visitors and clients.

Pros

Intercom is super easy to use and implement. It's packed with time-saving features.

Cons

Their support team is driving us crazy. It can take them up to 10 days to reply to a simple question. Their pricing is also super frustrating. We're paying more than 500€/month. For a company with less than 10 employees and 1,300 paying clients, this is a lot of money. Despite what we pay, we don't have access to their most recent features.

Hi Gregoire, thanks for leaving us this review. I'm happy to hear we're helping you better support and engage your customers. I've let your account rep know about your support experience as this is not what we expect. Kate (Intercom)

A true ecosystem

We have stuck with intercom for 4 years at this point and no plans to leave. I think that is testament to how strong an offering they currently have.

Pros

I would not have written a positive review about Intercom 12 months ago. There were too many small grievances with the individual features that were all building up. Recently the platform has matured enormously. It feels like the team at intercom has come into it's stride. New features like Series, Guides ect and most importantly - how they all work together - has made it a much better experience.

Cons

Currently my 2 biggest gripes are cost and customer services. I do think for a scale-up the price gets very steep very quickly. The customer support thing is more annoying - a core part of Intercoms offering is instant-chat. I remember 2 years ago their own instant chat was really great - now it can take a long time for a response to come in.

Thank you so much for leaving us this review. I just shared your comments with our Product team and it mad their day! Especially the team working on our Series product :) I also really appreciate your feedback on our costs and support wait times, even more so considering you have been such a loyal and log-term customer. As of late our reply times have unfortunately slowed but we've been working...

Complete Package

We had the opportunity to start fresh with a new ticket system/knowledge base so were shopping around. We came across Intercom and never looked back. While it has those things it is so much more being a central place to manage all our client related communications. It is by far the application I use most day-to-day.

Pros

Using Intercom has been an amazing experience. It is well thought out, full featured and continues to improve all the time. It has become an essential tool to communicate with our leads/clients. What is great is we can reach them (and they reach us) wherever they are: our website, in our web app, our mobile apps, email, etc.

Cons

While it starts off cheap depending on the features you choose to use and your volume it can start to get expensive quick. I'm not saying the product still doesn't provide value (it absolutely does) just if I had to pick what I liked least I would say cost.

Hi Peter, We really appreciate you leaving us a review and are so happy to hear Intercom is an essential part of your customer communication. Thanks also for your feedback on pricing. We work really hard to align our pricing to the value you are seeing. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your subscription options with us. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

The really bridge the gap between customers and our service

Their customer success team is great, even on the days when I'm not the most gracious customer. I even try to emulate some of their practices because I feel heard as a customer when I suggest features or report what I think could be bugs in the system.

Pros

The ability to converse with our customers quickly and seamlessly between email and the messenger app is great. They've thought through this feature set very well and it brings us very close to our customers and we are able to convert leads very well through this service too. Other similar apps function the same, but their UI/UX is lacking compared to Intercom. The actual feel of the app is clean and friendly and dare I say...even fun to use. Customer success at Intercom is also excellent, they've got our backs and I appreciate it (although getting paired with someone in a vastly different time zone can hold up ticket times on our end).

Cons

There are some gaps in the help center and email features. It would be ideal to create/edit documents in a manner closer to Microsoft Word or Google doc, as those are the standard for editing documents these days. Little things like not being able to create a list inside of a document the way I would in other apps can be frustrating, but there is usually a workaround of some sort that will suffice (I'm just picky). It would also be nice to only be paired with their team members in our time zone. Working in the US and then being helped by a team member from Australia means our ticket times take much longer and conversation is hard to do in real time.

Lots of Features but Frustrating When Messages Get Lost

Our team used intercom to support a large team of contractors that would frequently visit our website and work with us on a regular basis. We frequently use the "segment" feature to learn more about our population and to send out messages to certain segments. We also used a variety of integrations. For example, we used upscope.io so that we could immediately screenshare with any user who was on our website if they sent us a message on intercom that they needed help. The user would get a popup asing if they want to let the administrator view their screen and they just need to click "ok." That's it. It's that easy. Upscope.io integrates directly with intercom. You can also add Google Calendar to intercom so that intercom users can schedule a call with a teammate directly.

Pros

Intercom allows for various quasi-queries, integrations, and outound messasges to your users. This is very helpful and is not available in all of the other customer support platforms that I have used. You can find out information about your customer population. You can send messages to only CERTAIN "segments" of your customer population. You can also integrate with a WIDE variety of other softwares to really up your customer support game.

Cons

Intercom does not show all of the user messages together unless you open their profile OR they send their message as a response. So, for example, if a customer sends you a message, then 10 minutes later they create a new chat and send a new message, those messages are not linked togather unless you open their profile. I have had the experience of different agents answering the two messages or of answering one message only to see that the same user had sent a correction to their message. This is very frustrating. It can also be difficult for users to locate the knowledge base which leads to more inbound messages. Intercom is trying to solve this by bot responses, but this is something you may have to pay for.

Advertising for Intercom in every E-Mail

We have been using the solution productively for some time now, then discontinued it for cost reasons. Now a plan was booked and cancelled in a new subscription structure again as a test. In the plans up to Pro, the customer also figures as an advertising slingshot, since an advertising line for intercom is always included in every e-mail. Since we did not want this at all (after all, the plan already costs 99 dollars / month) the test was finally cancelled. Intercom didn't want to offer a solution to this, except to offer updates to the next higher subscription (499 dollars / month) which is not affordable for a small company.

Pros

+ Beautiful design, with many useful details. + Good iOS and Android app with slightly limited operation. + An easy to understand messenger for the customer. + Customisable messenger with colours, text and details.

Cons

- High price and only monthly plans. - Platform only in English. - Minimal help center, but large but confusing Academy pages. - Tedious setup help, although the setup itself is not complex. - Support replies take up to two days, in English only.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review Beat and letting us know about your intercom experience. I'm sorry to hear that we're not the right fit for you at this time, but thank you for sending us your feedback. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

A Great Lead Capture

Makes customer communication and customer acquisition easier. I wish the chat flows were more advanced and customizable. There was definitely a learning curve with the chat flows. Also, I don't believe I can export contact information with my leads.

Pros

-Capturing emails and names -Integrating to Hubspot and other software for easy lead closure -Creating chat flows allows us to communicate to customers faster and saves us time

Cons

-Would like to combine actions on Intercom -Hubspot Integration is not perfect; would like to have specific field matching -Chat flow capabilities are limited

Intercom is The Best chat/support tool available

The business problems we are solving using Intercom are managing incoming requests and sending in-app messages and emails. And Intercom does this with flying colors. Regardless if a user messages us live on our site, via email, or even Facebook, our support team is easily able to reply and help. It also integrates perfectly with our app to provide full visibility of a user easily accessing their profile to gain deeper insights to assist the user even more effectively. There's a reason Intercom is growing so quickly; because it's a great product and is built with quality.

Pros

What I like most about Intercom is how easy it is to jump in and begin assisting users with their questions and requests. It's been an invaluable tool for communicating with our users (both clients and developers) on Codeable and we've been relying on it 365 days a year for 5+ years straight. There are so many new features they keep releasing which are often things we didn't realize we need until we tried them and discovered we can't live with them.

Cons

For the size of our support team and number of messages we send, Intercom is one of the more expensive SaaS products we use. There are other services that may manage a support center better, but those don't provide the same quality of live chat, self-serving help center, or messenger bots that Intercom provides. While cost is a consideration for all companies, we feel Intercom is still the best value for the money and are happy paying the price for all the value it brings us.

A big thank you from the team here at Intercom for your kind words David!

Adds Much More Value Than You Realise

While the price tag for Intercom is not small, especially for startups launching their first mobile app versions, it has consistently proven to be one of the most valuable assets for teams in terms of user support, communication & out-of-the-box development readiness.

Pros

The in-app chat feature (with its cross-platform support for React Native and Ionic) is absolutely the biggest differentiator for Intercom. It is a critical part of our day-to-day operations & every client that has gone the route of implementing it with us has been hugely surprised by the large amount of value it adds to end users.

Cons

We are facing ongoing complications differentiating identified and unidentified users. The experimental API available for Android seemed to be heading in the right direction to solve this, but we haven't seen updates on the stub implementation for iOS in over a year (https://github.com/intercom/intercom-ios/blob/master/Intercom.framework/Headers/Intercom%2BExperimental.h).

Very helpful support and customer onboarding tool

Overall they have been awesome on support and the tool is incredibly helpful. I will continue to use them for years to come.

Pros

I love how we could integrate chat directly into our application for our customers. The help center is very nice for our customers and the reports really help us understand how our team is doing.

Cons

Some of the functionality is a little difficult to setup especially around the tracking of specific features utilized on our platform. I also can get a little frustrated with the routing of messages, it can override the rules you put in place.

Hi Blake, Thanks for sharing your Intercom experience, I'm so happy to hear you'll be with us for years to come! I'll be passing your feedback about tracking and message routing on to our product team. If you'd like to add any further detail or context do get in touch via the Messenger :) Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

All our support team is using it

Pros

Ease of use is really great. We have hundrets of conversations with our clients every day using this tool.

Cons

Their pricing. Not only is it expensive, they have changed their pricing plan about 4x in 2 years. Furthermore it's very complex to understand.

Small SAS Use

Our main use for intercom is tier 1 chat support. Our users know that this is the fastest way to get ahold of us. In lieu of using a chatbot we've gone in and created a bunch of quick responses that we can go in and edit. This has cut down on the amount of time we spend chatting with a customer and it allows us to control the message that we are sending out across the board. We've also used campaigns to let our users know of new product releases and have sent out Net Promoter Score Survey's out in a campaign. I'd like to note that we do not use Intercom as a CRM for leads on enterprise accounts.

Pros

Intercom is really easy to set up and importing users into the software is really simple. It's nice to be able to create an online library of help articles and have it available for our users to find. The chat feature is what we use most and our users definitely enjoy how easy it is to reach out to us.

Cons

Our customers have a difficult time closing out of conversations or seeing actions on our screen that need to be taken on the right hand of the screen. The chat box will often times cause them to become more frustrated as they need to open and close the chat as we give instructions. The close button is in a circle under the chat, which is a spot that most people don't usually look for. There are a few customizable things that we'd like to see. Like the ability to create custom out of office messages or include holiday messages to let our users know we're either out of office or responding slowly.

Fast and easy

Pros

We used the chat system for our support team and Intercom made is super easy to get going. The chats were like personalized messages and we could set up introductory or absence messages for a duration set up. Automation is great.

Cons

No reporting at all. They have reports within the system which is not editable and if you want to download and run your own reports, it is not possible. Makes it difficult to audit.

Best software for proving support

Coundn't be better. Today I cannot imagine our daily support activies without this software.

Pros

Its hard to say what I like the most, since are so many great features. Still, I believe the Inbox module is by far the great thing about it, since it allows a direct communication with clients.

Cons

A couple of months ago articles sharing was changed on the inbox feature. Now, when you share an article via conversation the client cannot open it on a separate page. This is terrible for most clients, a source of great complain.

Hi Fernando, Thank you for leaving us this review. It sounds like you're getting real value from the platform, especially the team inbox! Make sure to keep an eye on our Intercom Academy page as we'll be releasing a new course designed specifically for Support Managers in the coming months which I think you might like. I'll also make sure to pass your feedback regarding Article sharing to the appropriate product team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.