Intercom Reviews

4.53/5 (351 reviews)

Carlos López

A very simplistic tool to connect with your users.

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Overall, my experience with Intercom has been great. It's very easy to set up and get it running on your site and it's very user-friendly from your customers/leads side. There are a lot of improvements that can be made but their support team is very approachable and helpful. - The interface is very straightforward, You get messages from users and you reply. - It allows you to snooze messages so you can focus on messages that are your priority. -There are a lot of customizable options so you can make Intercom more like your company and less like Intercom.

Karim Helal

Jack of all trades, master of emoticons.

Reviewed 2017-11-16

Intercom does have a lot of features and is easy to get started with. Sign up, go into segment, activate it, and you're done. You can see who's online, send them automated messages, write support tickets.

Sean Davis

Intercom Review

Reviewed 2018-11-09

This experience has been very positive. The value we gain by using intercom helps us as a team to stay organized and on top of everything as we are a highly collaborative office. Not sure what all is in the pipeline for development. I've made a few request and not sure where those stand or really even where to go review those. I understand with ongoing development it's hard to give dates but some type of "under review" or "denied" status would be helpful. This software is easy to use and the customer support is very friendly and will help walk through how to solve for an issue end to end - even if there is no developed solution, which can be difficult. I really like the "note" functionality.

Bolatito Teidi

Intercom has done well for our customer support activity.

Reviewed 2018-11-04

Intercom provides my organization with a medium via which customers and website visitors can reach out for support on real time,at any time of the day and at no financial cost to the customer.I find Intercom aesthetically pleasing,and that makes it intuitive and easy to use by myself and all of my colleagues at Iroko tv. Its knowledge base feature has enabled myself and my colleagues at the Sales department to build large repository’s of responses to the most asked questions by customers,thus allowing our customers and web visitors find answers to questions ,without necessarily reaching out to a support agent. I like how I am able to add fun into my conversations with customers by making use of emoticons and other expression icons : this is very important in situations where the customer or web visitor is very angry.

Vivienne Coffman

Great platform for Customer Service

Reviewed 2018-03-24

Nice interface, easy to communicate with customers. Another bonus is the mobile application that helps for direct contact with customers and enables me to answer questions whenever and wherever. Also, it has the ability to intergrades third-party tools. We like triggers to let us know which customers need to be engaged. We use it as an interactive tool to keep in touch with our customers. Without Intercom, we would have never been able to grow to have thousands of customers. Also, we use it as a view to seeing client usage data and as a support too. Our customers write to our support team using intercom through our technology. Intercom is very well-suited for providing an authentic and human interaction with customers when it comes to technical support, predominantly (in my opinion) through their in-app chat. Intercom also has suited us well as a simple, clean, and intuitive knowledge base.

Joseph Jennings

Intercom: Customer service is getting better and easier

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Intercom will help you organize all employees and establish their work. You can capture a large number of potential customers by sending them targeted messages. The ability to use Intercom not only on the desktop but also on your mobile device. In addition, you can create templates for answering frequently asked questions from your customers, this helps to save a lot of time. You can keep statistics and use it to understand which messages generate the most traffic and conversions on your site. In addition, you can easily understand the performance of your team, this will help to identify the weak employees who slow down the whole process. Working in Intercom allows our team to cooperate with our customers in a qualitative and productive way, as they can ask us questions, learn about updates and so on. We are always in touch with our customers and this is different from other teams. This service has a large number of functions that will be useful to both large teams and small ones.

Rachel Gerard

A Great "CRM Lite"

Reviewed 2018-11-12

I haven't explored other chat platforms, but Intercom is good. It's pricey, but it definitely opens up your knowledge to what chat features you want and need.I like that this software offers a lot of different features. It's an email inbox, messaging outreach tool, customer information database, etc. You'll quickly learn what features work and don't work for your company.

Emilia Enakhena

Beyond a customer helpdesk solution.

Reviewed 2018-06-06

Multipurpose use : Intercom goes beyond just being a tool for support agents , it is also used by our customer success team and my organizations sales team. In a sales capacity ,we use Intercom to prompt new web visitors to signup for our services ,and existing web visitors to make a purchase; thus becoming repeat customer. We achieve this by leveraging on trigger messages and lead routing functions to maximize our website visit to purchase ,conversion ratio. For helpdesk purpose , we use Intercom to communicate with ease with web visitors. We are able to effectively manage customer tickets and respond to customer queries in real time.

Andre Larsen

Great tool for conversations - not for tracking

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall, this platform would be amazing if the stats were figured out. Right now, it's a solid 8 even without tracking features. It's a keeper, but not once the team reaches over 100 and you really need to track solid numbers. This software is easy to use and navigate. The support has been quick to respond and very helpful. They utilize all the tools and resources available to you and really embrace their own technology. Intercom has helped to create more of a conversational-based outlook for our success team.

Anonymous

Good value for money for a medium-sized company

Reviewed 2018-11-12

I used it in a early stage startup and it was a game changer. Now that I am in a bigger company, I feel that it has several limits and their support features aren't very advanced. - Plug & play : Intercom is really easy to set-up - User friendly : Intercom is has a nice UI and is very intuitive. There's no need to spend hours in training each time we have a new recruit in our team. - Always moving forward : I used to use Intercom in my last company in 2016 and I started using it again in 2018 and I was very glad to see they have added several new features (Operator and the newest Answer bot)

Anonymous

A Patchwork Of Valuable Tools

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Built out automations for email & on site communications. Engaged with customers and leads real time online. Intercom’s initial purpose was to support on-site chat. They do this exceptionally well. They’ve branched from there into other things in the customer engagement and marketing automation worlds, and do most of what they offer very well. All their tools are also well designed and mostly intuitive which is a big plus for me. They’ve also recently launched support articles paired with an on-site chatbot that I haven’t used. But if it works as well as their marketing claims, could be really cool.

Basiirat Ali

Intercom should aim for perfection.

Reviewed 2018-08-20

Intercom makes it easier to develope a relationship with our users,while also able to get feedback from them in real time and address their complaints and queries as fast as possible.Thus we have been able to engage more with our customers thereby improving their loyalty and keeping them hooked to our products and services.I love that Intercom offers my organization more possibilities beyond acting as a medium to offer support to customers(helpdesk), it also serves as a marketing tool.It is accessible both as a web and mobile based app and offers a good experience to web visitors on every smart device. With Intercom, we have been able to segment our users ,which makes it easy to focus on users who are more likely to make a purchase from us. Also Intercom has a large integration capability with multiple softwares.

Abiola Ademosu

Addresses more than Live chat issues.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

Intercom is very user friendly .and provides our helpdesk department with prompt timely support whenever it has been needed.It integrates well with Slack ,allowing us receive Intercom messages via the Slack interface. Intercom provides us with more than just Live chat features , thus I see it as a marketing necessity for the modern day organization.Intercom provides helpdesk teams with bots and messenger apps to gather and analyze sales leads.

Sundeep Gopal

Intercom will always in one of the choices if you are looking for a customer nurturing platform.

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Intercom with its easy to use interface and powerful features is easily one the of the best tools for customer nurturing. It has set a new standard for all the software makers in terms of functionality and also marketing. Intercom offers great integrations but sometimes it gets a little overwhelming with a lot of features. They are always in touch with their customers updating them about the releases and new features which are being updated very frequently. Intercom is a great product and I believe that when choosing a customer nurturing platform, Intercom has to be a choice.

Olivier Brousseau

Great communication tool

Reviewed 2018-06-26

This is a great tool to automate messages to our users in times of downtime, problems or simply to inform them of a new feature. Customizable messages, conditions can make quick work of a message automation! User info can be tracked easily.

Atish Bandyopadhyay

Great product to use!!

Reviewed 2018-11-11

We are using intercom for improving health care of our blue-collared service providers. We use it as a customer chat platform and regulating engagement over the customer app. And Intercom is one really great tool to be used!The automation features reducing the effort of agents is definitely a +1 about this software. The use cases covered by this software when it comes to marketing campaigns and at the same time using it as a customer support chat are very broad and really fulfill the requirements and seems adequate with the amount being paid. This is definitely one of the great products I have come across. There are many other such software trying to replicate the same but Intercom is very far ahead in the race

Jerold  Boren

Intercom is great for high touch interactions with clients

Reviewed 2018-05-28

We use Intercom in a sales capacity to nurture initial visitor traffic. At the same time, we can use it both in the office and in mobile applications. The mobile application is friendly and, although it requires some settings, makes it amazing for communicating with potential customers at any time of the day when we are away from the computer. This service allows us to create a client base and provides an opportunity for segmentation of the audience, which greatly facilitates the work. Also, I really like the integration with the LinkedIn API to personalize the conversation and provide recommendations.

Helen Väljataga

Makes communication with customers super easy.

Reviewed 2018-01-10

It allows you to reach the customer anywhere. If they have left the chatbox, the reply will reach their inbox. You see a lot of information about your customer/lead already when talking to them. Where are they located at, what browser they are using, etc? I also like the operator function that asks leads for email addresses and/or feeds help articles to conversations that I haven't yet attended to. The help article section is also great because it's integrated with the messaging so I can send help articles straight from the app.

Grant Stanley

Essential if you are building a SaaS App

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Intercom is specifically designed to support SaaS applications. If you sell software as a subscription, your users develop a relationship with your software. Intercom allows you to be apart of that relationship. I love being able to see when my users are logged in, statistics about how they are using the system, and chatting with them. I have found that very few users abuse the system. I thought that this would be a bigger issue, but it has not been.

Dale Gardner

Live Chat for the Modern Age

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Intercom has completely opened up a new communication method to a customer who is at a different point in the buying stage. It allows us to engage and assist users who otherwise would just be browsing the website in the early stages of product research.As a e-commerce retailer, we use the Inbox platform to handle customer enquiries and find the software to be incredibly user-friendly with a great user interface that feels intuitive and familiar, even if you've never used it before.

Blake Pridham

Intercom has been amazing for us

Reviewed 2018-03-26

What I love about intercom is it does everything you want but isn't overly complicated like other platforms out there ie zendesk. They have really taken a complex mixture of features and simplified into an easy to use interface.It is easy to set up, our clients love being able to connect with us directly through chat and the attributes make creating tutorials much simpler than designing and developing yourself. The help center is very easy to setup and edit on the fly and the reporting on respond lets us stay on track and make sure we are hitting our goals with response times.

Matt Green

Great in-app and email for smaller businesses

Reviewed 2018-01-26

For those new to marketing automation it is very simple to get going, with no prior knowledge of even HTML. It has lots of helpful prompts to make sure you stay on track. Most importantly the customer support team really do make an effort to help, and they are improving the software all of the time in response to customer feedback. The ability to easily send in-app campaigns, rather than the usual pop-ip messaging is a major USP.

James Dixon

We couldn't run our business without it

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Intercom is critical to our daily support operations and even sales at this point. We feel that it gives us an advantage over our competitors because they feel like they can get in touch with us immediately without having to wait for email. With the addition of bots and other automated features, it makes the experience even better for our customers. Highly recommended for teams big and small.

João Victor Gonçalves

Power tool for marketing automation and a more human customer service

Reviewed 2018-05-30

High power targeting of customised segments with a powerful tool for messaging users. Also, it has a more human and real-time approach of costumer support, which helps to solve faster user's issues.Intercom has a set of products that really talk with each other and follows the user's flow since a visitor to your product's website until the part where you're trying to drive engagement. It's integration via REST API helps getting data that is important to create powerful segments to target via in-app message which has higher CTR than email.

Jordan Comstock

Chat with everyone

Reviewed 2018-09-14

Intercom is not only a part of our website, but also a part of our app. So it at its most useful when we connect with our customers. The marketing team loves the web chat though, and it does get used very often. We couldn't function without intercom. It is a great product. Easy to connect with customers, prospects or anyone else that wants to chat. I love the notes between my team that are hidden from the conversation. New chat bots are cool.