Intercom Logo

Intercom

The #1-rated Business Messenger for customer relationships.

Intercom Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.38/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Embedded chats with history are quite nice, it has both the messages and notes left by the supporting team members to each other. Chat itself works quite good and overall thing of a good quality.

Aleksandr S.

Intercom is overall a really good, professional product. They have great quality of support, good training material, and they still keep releasing.

Anna K.

When we were first started using them, they were flexible, had great customer service, and seemed genuinely invested in helping us succeed.

SN

Susanna N.

Their customer service has been incredible poor. They caused a completely preventable service disruption that caused several hours of outage for our team, and have been difficult to get in touch with.

SN

Susanna N.

We have stuck with intercom for 4 years at this point and no plans to leave.

Updates may be lost, updates may be rejected by intercom because of server side exceptions, or mysterious thing called "concurrent updates" when there is just a single update.

Aleksandr S.

Drift-logocaret

Drift

Conversational Cloud-logocaret

Conversational Cloud

How would you rate Intercom?

Jennie Z.

Marketing Manager

Internet, 11-50 employees

A Great Lead Capture

Transcript

Jennie: Hi. I am Jennie, and I am a Marketing Operations Manager, and I am in the tech industry. I give...

Intercom is a powerful Customer Support Tool

Transcript

Brandon: Hi, I'm Brandon. I'm a tech support specialist. I give Intercom four stars out of five. Click...

Highly recommended if you are looking for a tool that you can integrate with other sales and support

Pros

Highly recommended for systems and tools integration. If you use other platforms that need lead and sales generation, this might be the one you are looking for.

Cons

A little pricy compared to other solutions.

Great tool with some improvements needed, but a great ally for support and sales

INtercom is very nice, their support, account managers super efficient. At the same time it has points for improvement from what I've seen from competitors I still prefer the package offered by Intercom

Pros

- Chatbots in code - User-friendly when it comes to aesthetics - Fast and efficient support - It has a learning track which makes it easy for new developers

Cons

- Data analysis within the platform is quite poor, which brings the need to cross-check with other tools - Exporting data results in lack of standardization - Lack of governance to access team settings like macros, for example

Good entry into chat and support

Intercom was great! Good was to start out and decide what your business needs, I just wouldn't keep it once a business scales.

Pros

Intercom is simple to use and set up, it is very user-friendly and uncomplicated. It provides and quick, easy and fairly affordable option to provide customer communication, service and sales communications.

Cons

When scaling a business and moving into the realm of a more powerful CRM it didn't make sense to use Intercom anymore. There is syncing and integrations available for most platforms but software like Hubspot has the same capabilities as Intercom, in some cases more, and you get a full sync with a contact record.

Good product let down by atrocious customer support and shady pricing practices

We've been with Intercom for a number of years and unfortunately the customer service in the last 18 months has been atrocious. It's not possible to call anybody... everything is done via chat, which would be fine if they responded in a timely fashion but often it takes weeks to respond and often they'll just go radio silent. The irony. Whilst the product is very good, it will get VERY expensive VERY...

Pros

The software to be fair is the best integrated product out there if you need live chat, knowledgebases, chatbots, outbound marketing etc., all in the same package. The range of features is VERY comprehensive. Outbound campaigns are really nice as is the knowledgebase.

Cons

Notifications for incoming chats are poor. If your support team are doing tasks other than sitting on Intercom all day it's easy to miss incoming chats. The AI bots are more miss than hit in my experience when it comes to suggesting solutions and some of the bot responses are simply bewildering.

Intercome is up to something, but it's not there yet

In your everyday job, when you simply respond to incoming chats - Intercome is amazing. Once you want to do anything beyond that, it gets complicated, but not impossible. Also, their support is not really responsive, but you eventually get an answer from them.

Pros

The live chat! It's working perfectly, it's easy to set up, and easy to use by both the customer and the support agent - one of the best options on the market for me.

Cons

Everything besides the live chat - the knowledge base management has so little features and possibilities it hurt my soul everytime I needed to write an article :( Also, sending or receiving email is also quite a mess, it needs a little bit more work from Intercome.

Intercom helps customer support teams manage their tickets

Intercom helped us control and manage all of our support tickets and also have better queue management, including SLA and different prioritization. Intercom has multiple ways of customer service such as sending emails to different types of users, in-app messages, chatbots, and knowledge base suggestions. It's a good platform considering its price x what it has to offer!

Pros

Intercom is really easy to use as a user but also as an admin. Easy to configure the queue and manage it, using different SLAs for each one!

Cons

It does lack a way to tag the tickets so we can have better metrics! Also, a way to improve chatbots and also better reports on SLA e user metrics. It also misses a way to categorize tickets (question, bug, information, etc) on the basic plan

Amazing Customer Service Software

Intercom is the first unified customer communications platform for businesses of all sizes. It brings together a unified customer journey management system (CRM, marketing automation, lead management and more) and a powerful engagement solution for every point in the customer journey (such as web chat, email & live chat, self-service, social, and more). Intercom has a wide range of features that help organizations communicate with their customers more effectively and efficiently.

Pros

This is a great tool for anyone that wants to stay in control of their customer communications. They simply install the software on their website and begin to collect and use the data. This is a great tool for enterprise and agencies, who want to provide a comprehensive service to their clients.

Cons

It's a little bit expensive solution comparing the alternative solutions in the market.

Intercom and Cashee

It was great using intercom it definitely helped our business to reach our customers also it made the customers feel the human touch and not feeling that they are talking to a robot

Pros

Using intercom was all the time easy and simple. Adding new apps and features on it was just a click and integration was that easy I have added localize app, ticketing system app to it and it is just a click

Cons

It's just the price it can be improved And sometimes the mobile app search is not giving the right information

Best friend for a team willing to exceed customers' expectation

Really, Intercom is everything a customer support team needs for exceeding customer expectations in support. The software is the est user-friendly software i have ever used, evolving fast, quite stable (not much bugs), and though it requires a high performing computer (RAM and processor), I would recommend Intercom to any business needing a real-time chat.

Pros

The design is awesome ! You can do many things on Intercom, but it is difficut to get lost as it is so easy to use. The reportings are highly qualitative and simple. Using the chatbot changed our life as our lead management went to the next level. Another game-changer linked to that is the help center where it makes it easy to let the customer helps himself or herself .

Cons

Not performance-savvy for a computer... I hardly see anything to add, except paying each seat for a full use...

Ferramenta robusta e incrível

Experiência fácil, prática e intuitiva.

Pros

A gestão multicanais da ferramenta é um ponto incrível. Muitas vezes os clientes abrem chamados por canais distintos, porém, o intercom organiza de forma fantástica essa demanda.

Cons

Acredito que o alto custo seja o principal ponto negativo.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

De lo mejor a nivel producto, pero con una atención al cliente nefasta

Pros

A nivel de producto están continuamente evolucionándolo y sacando nuevas funcionalidades que ayudan a crecer tu negocio. Series, para desarrollar campañas a tus clientes es brutal, se puede combinar con mensajes a través de un banner, un mensaje in-app o un email principalmente. Eso sí es un servicio caro. Tiene una herramienta para helpcenter muy práctica y con buena relación calidad-precio. Para soporte por chat con los clientes quizá hay alternativas mucho mejores pero si no requieres de mucha complicación te servirá. Además tiene productos como chatbot, product tours, multitud de integraciones con otras apps y pequeñas funcionalidades que por supuesto incrementarán su coste y no podrás tener todo... A nivel de integración es bastante sencillo y permite mucha personalización.

Cons

El mayor inconveniente es el inexiste servicio de atención al cliente, para contratar el producto o probar nuevas funcionalidades no tendrás problema pero si realmente te encuentras con un problema grave, por experiencia hemos tenido varios como problemas con la renovación de un contrato o el envío de emails en una campaña, lo más seguro es que o no tengas una respuesta clara o que se vayan pasando la consulta de unos a otros sin ayudarte

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Hector. I appreciate all the feedback around our products and it's good to see you are using a varied amount of them. I'm sorry that our customer service has let you down. We had a few weeks recently where our customer service was not where we wanted it to be. We have implemented new processes to help improve this and hope that the next time you need customer service, you will find it better. Thanks, Eabha (Customer Engagement)

Engagement with Customers is Great!

It is an easy choice if you want to create unique, engaging customer journeys! It also connects to many other tools, so it's a great addition to any software stack.

Pros

I like that we are able to gain insight, offer promos, convert leads, provide support, host a help center, and create unique customer journeys right from within one platform. The Inbox feature is very helpful in providing quick and easy support, especially when using the Intercom mobile app!

Cons

There are few things I would consider cons about Intercom. I wish they offered a bit quicker support, as I often wait a day to hear back, but it is a minor detail compared to the value we get from using the platform.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review and let us know how Intercom is helping you create unique, engaging customer journeys as well as integrate so well with your existing etch stack :) Thanks for your feedback regarding our support response times. These vary based on the urgency of the issue as well as plan, but we always aim to get back as soon as possible. I'll make sure to pass this feedback on to our team here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

More than a messaging platform

We are using Intercom as our main costumer messaging platform in all our ends, from emails to customers to internal communications for our team. Intercom does everything in a neat and easy way.

Pros

In a few words, using Intercom is such a wholesome experience with zero to non competitor in the market who can compete with his top notch features and constant improvements. There is always something new in the works to make it even more useful.

Cons

The overall quality of the SaaS is very good, but the price you have to pay for everyone of the features is a bit too much compared to what is offered from the competition, don't get me wrong, being at the top of the list comes with a hefty price tag.

Thanks so much for letting us know how Intercom is helping you manage your communications with your customers and teams. Thanks too for you feedback regarding our pricing and packaging. Our aim is to align the price you pay to the value you see, and it's a difficult one to get this right for every type of business model. I'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great product, poor pricing and support

Intercom helped us provide better support and engage more visitors and clients.

Pros

Intercom is super easy to use and implement. It's packed with time-saving features.

Cons

Their support team is driving us crazy. It can take them up to 10 days to reply to a simple question. Their pricing is also super frustrating. We're paying more than 500€/month. For a company with less than 10 employees and 1,300 paying clients, this is a lot of money. Despite what we pay, we don't have access to their most recent features.

Hi Gregoire, thanks for leaving us this review. I'm happy to hear we're helping you better support and engage your customers. I've let your account rep know about your support experience as this is not what we expect. Kate (Intercom)

A true ecosystem

We have stuck with intercom for 4 years at this point and no plans to leave. I think that is testament to how strong an offering they currently have.

Pros

I would not have written a positive review about Intercom 12 months ago. There were too many small grievances with the individual features that were all building up. Recently the platform has matured enormously. It feels like the team at intercom has come into it's stride. New features like Series, Guides ect and most importantly - how they all work together - has made it a much better experience.

Cons

Currently my 2 biggest gripes are cost and customer services. I do think for a scale-up the price gets very steep very quickly. The customer support thing is more annoying - a core part of Intercoms offering is instant-chat. I remember 2 years ago their own instant chat was really great - now it can take a long time for a response to come in.

Thank you so much for leaving us this review. I just shared your comments with our Product team and it mad their day! Especially the team working on our Series product :) I also really appreciate your feedback on our costs and support wait times, even more so considering you have been such a loyal and log-term customer. As of late our reply times have unfortunately slowed but we've been working...

Complete Package

We had the opportunity to start fresh with a new ticket system/knowledge base so were shopping around. We came across Intercom and never looked back. While it has those things it is so much more being a central place to manage all our client related communications. It is by far the application I use most day-to-day.

Pros

Using Intercom has been an amazing experience. It is well thought out, full featured and continues to improve all the time. It has become an essential tool to communicate with our leads/clients. What is great is we can reach them (and they reach us) wherever they are: our website, in our web app, our mobile apps, email, etc.

Cons

While it starts off cheap depending on the features you choose to use and your volume it can start to get expensive quick. I'm not saying the product still doesn't provide value (it absolutely does) just if I had to pick what I liked least I would say cost.

Hi Peter, We really appreciate you leaving us a review and are so happy to hear Intercom is an essential part of your customer communication. Thanks also for your feedback on pricing. We work really hard to align our pricing to the value you are seeing. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your subscription options with us. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

The really bridge the gap between customers and our service

Their customer success team is great, even on the days when I'm not the most gracious customer. I even try to emulate some of their practices because I feel heard as a customer when I suggest features or report what I think could be bugs in the system.

Pros

The ability to converse with our customers quickly and seamlessly between email and the messenger app is great. They've thought through this feature set very well and it brings us very close to our customers and we are able to convert leads very well through this service too. Other similar apps function the same, but their UI/UX is lacking compared to Intercom. The actual feel of the app is clean and friendly and dare I say...even fun to use. Customer success at Intercom is also excellent, they've got our backs and I appreciate it (although getting paired with someone in a vastly different time zone can hold up ticket times on our end).

Cons

There are some gaps in the help center and email features. It would be ideal to create/edit documents in a manner closer to Microsoft Word or Google doc, as those are the standard for editing documents these days. Little things like not being able to create a list inside of a document the way I would in other apps can be frustrating, but there is usually a workaround of some sort that will suffice (I'm just picky). It would also be nice to only be paired with their team members in our time zone. Working in the US and then being helped by a team member from Australia means our ticket times take much longer and conversation is hard to do in real time.

Not Much Competition

Everything has been fantastic from the Customer Success-led implementation process to it being deployed to our users. Multiple compliments on the feasibility of use since purchasing.

Pros

From both the administrative and user perspective, the ease of use and just overall depth of what you can create with the product is very impressive. It allows a great amount of customer support to be automated and simplify it's delivery via articles and a knowledge base that'll continually grow. Although it's not the biggest feature, as a user, I love that it's focused on getting you an answer/resolution...

Cons

Theres really not much. I've run into situations where it was wrongly applied within other organizations and not properly resourced, giving a less than average experience. But that's not as much specific to Intercom themselves. Given they are the industry leader, it can come at a premium for a larger organizations.

Lots of Features but Frustrating When Messages Get Lost

Our team used intercom to support a large team of contractors that would frequently visit our website and work with us on a regular basis. We frequently use the "segment" feature to learn more about our population and to send out messages to certain segments. We also used a variety of integrations. For example, we used upscope.io so that we could immediately screenshare with any user who was on our website if they sent us a message on intercom that they needed help. The user would get a popup asing if they want to let the administrator view their screen and they just need to click "ok." That's it. It's that easy. Upscope.io integrates directly with intercom. You can also add Google Calendar to intercom so that intercom users can schedule a call with a teammate directly.

Pros

Intercom allows for various quasi-queries, integrations, and outound messasges to your users. This is very helpful and is not available in all of the other customer support platforms that I have used. You can find out information about your customer population. You can send messages to only CERTAIN "segments" of your customer population. You can also integrate with a WIDE variety of other softwares to really up your customer support game.

Cons

Intercom does not show all of the user messages together unless you open their profile OR they send their message as a response. So, for example, if a customer sends you a message, then 10 minutes later they create a new chat and send a new message, those messages are not linked togather unless you open their profile. I have had the experience of different agents answering the two messages or of answering one message only to see that the same user had sent a correction to their message. This is very frustrating. It can also be difficult for users to locate the knowledge base which leads to more inbound messages. Intercom is trying to solve this by bot responses, but this is something you may have to pay for.

Advertising for Intercom in every E-Mail

We have been using the solution productively for some time now, then discontinued it for cost reasons. Now a plan was booked and cancelled in a new subscription structure again as a test. In the plans up to Pro, the customer also figures as an advertising slingshot, since an advertising line for intercom is always included in every e-mail. Since we did not want this at all (after all, the plan already costs 99 dollars / month) the test was finally cancelled. Intercom didn't want to offer a solution to this, except to offer updates to the next higher subscription (499 dollars / month) which is not affordable for a small company.

Pros

+ Beautiful design, with many useful details. + Good iOS and Android app with slightly limited operation. + An easy to understand messenger for the customer. + Customisable messenger with colours, text and details.

Cons

- High price and only monthly plans. - Platform only in English. - Minimal help center, but large but confusing Academy pages. - Tedious setup help, although the setup itself is not complex. - Support replies take up to two days, in English only.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review Beat and letting us know about your intercom experience. I'm sorry to hear that we're not the right fit for you at this time, but thank you for sending us your feedback. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

A Great Lead Capture

Makes customer communication and customer acquisition easier. I wish the chat flows were more advanced and customizable. There was definitely a learning curve with the chat flows. Also, I don't believe I can export contact information with my leads.

Pros

-Capturing emails and names -Integrating to Hubspot and other software for easy lead closure -Creating chat flows allows us to communicate to customers faster and saves us time

Cons

-Would like to combine actions on Intercom -Hubspot Integration is not perfect; would like to have specific field matching -Chat flow capabilities are limited

Intercom is The Best chat/support tool available

The business problems we are solving using Intercom are managing incoming requests and sending in-app messages and emails. And Intercom does this with flying colors. Regardless if a user messages us live on our site, via email, or even Facebook, our support team is easily able to reply and help. It also integrates perfectly with our app to provide full visibility of a user easily accessing their profile to gain deeper insights to assist the user even more effectively. There's a reason Intercom is growing so quickly; because it's a great product and is built with quality.

Pros

What I like most about Intercom is how easy it is to jump in and begin assisting users with their questions and requests. It's been an invaluable tool for communicating with our users (both clients and developers) on Codeable and we've been relying on it 365 days a year for 5+ years straight. There are so many new features they keep releasing which are often things we didn't realize we need until we tried them and discovered we can't live with them.

Cons

For the size of our support team and number of messages we send, Intercom is one of the more expensive SaaS products we use. There are other services that may manage a support center better, but those don't provide the same quality of live chat, self-serving help center, or messenger bots that Intercom provides. While cost is a consideration for all companies, we feel Intercom is still the best value for the money and are happy paying the price for all the value it brings us.

A big thank you from the team here at Intercom for your kind words David!

A lot of features but overpriced for startups

Intercom solutions solve real problems however if you are a startup I don't recommend using it since you really feel that they try to lock you. They attract you with their startup package and then it will take some effort if you want to switch to another supplier.

Pros

Intercom is a combination of tools providing different values and solving different problems. We use chat, article, product tour and several other tools. Overall they all solve a specific problem.

Cons

Every tool we use has some limitations and we often need to find workarounds to reach our goals. However the worst point about intercom is their pricelist Even if you own a PhD you will have a hard time understanding how much to pay if you add an option. Every tool is an option that keeps adding to your bill plus they have triggers to increase the bill according to the number of users. Overall you don't really know where you're going with the way they charge you.

Hi Stephane, Thank you for taking the time to leave Intercom a review. We appreciate you taking the time and letting us know what features you like and are helping your business. I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed in our pricing, we try to charge a price that reflects the value our product brings while letting both our businesses succeed. However, we understand that no price structure will suit everyone and are sorry that you find it to be expensive. If you have any questions around why you are being charged a certain price, please always feel free to get in touch via the Messenger and we would be happy to help. Thanks, Eabha (Customer Engagement)

Terrible customer service and onboarding

Onboarding was absolutely horrific. We even complained during onboarding about our rep. Basically our onboarding meeting comprised of --> Please log in and share your screen with us...now, what questions do you have for us? Excuse me? This is your product, what do you mean what questions we have? Everything, including how to set up and use your products. But the answers we got was basically the same, to look up the help center and let them know if any questions. It was terrible. The sales process was more informative than the actual onboarding. Awful response time from customer service. Can only chat, no calls. You're basically on your own once you pay them.

Pros

The product once you get past the setting up and figure out everything on your own, is great and meets our needs. It's easy to chat with leads and customer and easy to install on any websites.

Cons

Onboarding was a nightmare. Their help center is not all that helpful. You can only chat with customer service via the chatbot. It takes them 8 hours to over a day to respond back, if you're lucky (which is quite ironic for selling a chatbot product but they have zero urgency on their own). Everything costs extra, every feature is priced separately.

Hi Olivia, thank you for leaving us such a thorough and frank review. I'm glad that you found the tools meet your business needs but am sorry to hear our onboarding and support did not meet your expectations. I will personally be taking this feedback to the teams involved to help inform future improvements we can make here. Thank you for sharing this with us. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Profesionalidad

En general nuestra experiencia con este software es muy buena ya que nos ha permitido ayudar a nuestros clientes de una forma profesional y rápida.

Pros

Lo que mas nos ha gustado del software es la profesionalidad con la que ven nuestros clientes la interfaz y la facilidad que tienen de comunicarse con nosotros, además cabe destacar que muchas veces a través de las respuestas configuradas que tenemos muchos clientes encuentran su respuesta sin tener que contactar con un agente.

Cons

Lo que menos nos ha gustado por decir algo que es un software que incluye unos planes con un precio muy elevado y podría incluir alguno más asequible para empresas más pequeñas.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Thanks for letting us know how Intercom is helping you embrace conversational support and how you're making the most of our automation features too! I'll make sure your feedback regarding our pricing and packaging get back to the team. We always aim to align the cost you pay with the value you see and it's hard to get that right for every type of business model. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)