Sprout Social Logo

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.11/10

Reviews by rating

A great onboarding experience and a lovely and simple user interface. Love the smart inbox feature on the platform.
Sprout Social also has very robust reporting for each platform and it has allowed me to have deeper insights into how our accounts and posts are doing. It's been a big lifesaver.
It's been a great experience so far. They also have a great support team that you can work with to ensure that you're utilizing all of the platform features as best as you can.
Very very disappointed and frustrated with the whole experience. Stick with FB and IG and don't waste your time and money.
Lack of support for enterprise. Difficult to scale up using this tool.
The only other tool I can think of which would be missing is SEO in terms of Social.

Ashley G.

Founder and Publicist

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

Quality software but overpriced for the everyday social media curator

Transcript

Ashley: My name is Ashley. I am a founder. I give Sprout Social a four out of five. And for more reviews...

Dan F.

Chief Growth Officer

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Simple Social Media Scheduling Tool

Transcript

Dan F.: I'm Dan, I'm a social media manager in the automotive industry. And I give Sprout Social a three...

Kiran S.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

The Best Social Media Management tool

Pros

1. Scheduling posts 2. Chatbots 3. Social Listening

Cons

1. It is quite expensive 2. Add on features costs more than the tool itself. Other than these two sprout social is a great tool to have.

DS

Danielle S.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Easily allows for teamwork

Overall, this is an easy-to-use tool that makes my daily work so much more manageable, and makes teamwork seamless.

Pros

One of the best features on Sprout is the ability to have multiple users create, review, and publish content. This has saved us a tremendous amount of time on our team. The user interface is really nice and accessible, and the features are all the essentials you would want in a scheduling tool plus some bonus features that I don't use often but are nice to have. Most of all, the reporting tool saves me a tremendous amount of time. It's customizable so you can quickly pull a report for a certain channel and window of time when needed.

Cons

When drafting content, sometimes it's difficult for tags to load or come through at all, especially with regards to Facebook. I also wish that you could customize the metadata on links in Sprout, with the same functionality of something like Yoast, so that your social person could swap out thumbnails quickly. I do have issues from time to time with what attachments are generated as well; depending on the order in which you insert links into the draft, it will pull different attachments. Sometimes you have to delete and re-insert links in the draft to get the right attachment. It would be better if Sprout added a section to choose the link you want to attach.

NH

Niki H.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Good, but needs improvement.

I appreciate the quick response to problems I have. Also your blog is top notch.

Pros

In concept, I really enjoy the publishing feature that assigns certain posts on certain days and hours. However, there are a LOT of tiny things that can be fixed which reduces the overall value of this feature. The "ideal times to post" is a great feature but I've noticed that some "high peak" times do not garner the results I expected.

Cons

The LinkedIn post feature is pretty limited. I CONSTANTLY get error messages that the app cannot tag names. Also, I cannot tag individual people within the app (OnLinkedin), so I have to "assign post" in order for the final post to have the names I want tagged, OR edit the post after it's published. Huge no-no. Again, this defeats the purpose of the app, as it's more hands-on than I want it to be. The...

HM

Hanane M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Featured application

Honestly .A very unique experience and still like you

Pros

Ease of use, availability of the deployment scheduling feature and strategic visibility of performance metrics

Cons

For me there is the problem of pricing..

SV

Sarah V.

The Best Social Media Scheduling Platform Hands Down

We love Sprout Social and highly recommend it to others. We've used other scheduling platforms, and nothing has come close to being able to handle our needs the way Sprout Social can.

Pros

Our team has used a variety of social media scheduling platforms, including Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and others, and Sprout Social is by far our favorite for many reasons. • As an agency with hundreds of profiles, Sprout Social makes multiple account management a breeze. • The scheduling browser is very easy to use. • It offers ideal posting times to help you optimize reach and engagement. •...

Cons

I won't beat around the bush. It's pricey. Very pricey. If you're a freelancer or not using social media daily, it may not be worth the investment. If you're an agency working with multiple clients or if social media is part of your daily routine, a scheduling software that offers everything Sprout Social offers is well worth it.

CE

Cari E.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

I absolutely love Sprout Social.

I'm always surprised when a social media manager hasn't heard of Sprout. In my social media classes for my masters degree most of my classmates used Hootsuite and they were surprised by the differences between the two products. Sprout is by far superior and I'll never go back.

Pros

Sprout Social makes social media management simple. I publish content on a daily basis and review our notifications, messages, and assign tasks when needed. The crop tools help us with our photography and graphics for each platform. Most platforms also allow alt text, which is extremely helpful and is a huge priority for us as an institute of higher education.

Cons

Sometimes the content calendar glitches and it shows all of the posts per day, including shares, that we didn't necessarily create. It can be a little messy and difficult to navigate when this happens, but it is rare and likely occurs when the software is going through updates. And who doesn't want updates/improvements? Definitely not a deal breaker in the slightest.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Good tool, but need to keep an eye on it

Overall, Sprout Social is a great tool, but it shouldn't be used in a way that ignores your physical social media pages. It is important to continue to monitor those pages, check how posts pull through as the end product, etc.

Pros

The best part of Sprout Social is the ability to preview your social media posts. These previews allow you to see if a photo will crop properly or if it will crop in a weird way, and they allow you to adjust text so it best fits the page. It is also great that you can schedule posts to multiple sites, plan ahead, and easily duplicate posts.

Cons

While the post previews are a great tool, sometimes they are deceptive, especially with Twitter. Most of my posts to twitter end up looking different in the final post, as preview photos are not always pulled through. Additionally, if you make adjustments to the photo or crop in Sprout Social, it is important to double check that they actually apply on the back end.

LL

Lindsey L.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

SproutSocial makes social media more manageable

We use Sprout Social to manage all our social media for 19+ boutique hotels. Without this platform, I would probably go crazy trying to manage all of our guest comments and planning effective campaigns.

Pros

First of all the customer support is absolutely outstanding. They are extremely responsive and helpful. When you call you actually get a person and they are knowledgeable and quick to help resolve any issues you may have. Second of all the platform is very user-friendly and actually makes social media way more manageable. Whether you are posting, sharing, commenting, or planning an entire year's worth of content, Sprout Social is absolutely outstanding.

Cons

Sprout Social is a bit more expensive than other platforms but you truly do get what you pay for. My only wish was that you could schedule Instagram stories from the desktop, but the app does make it really easy.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

One of the best social media management & analytics.

My overall experience with the tool is quite satisfactory. It really impacts your day to day tasks and have a strong algorithm around it. I am quite surprised that it somehow outperform so many other tools. Same is the case with exceptional user interface

Pros

It is simple and at the same time do really good when it comes to social media monitoring & analysis. It is by far one of the best tool that I have used.

Cons

It is a bit expensive compares to the same products available in market.

Abigail N.

International Trade and Development, 51-200 employees

Simple SM manager with superior Analytics feature

I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and on Capterra and my expectations soared and became somewhat unrealistic to be honest. The pricing threw me off because $99 monthly seemed kind of steep given the features. Nevertheless, I had nothing to lose by trying it out so I decided to signup for a trial. I’ve used/currently...

Pros

The Digital Asset Library The Analytics feature The RSS feature can serve as a social media content generation tool. Easy UI

Cons

The pricing is rather steep. There are other SM managers with more powerful features which could prove to be a better substitute to Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better Asset Library feature, SMHack provides just as detailed analytics, Swift social has powerful RSS feature, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling function, as well as one of the easiest SM Managers to use due to the numerous tutorials online and it's inbuilt mini-tutorial.

MN

Maryam N.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

It enables us to control our social media accounts and manage interactions efficiently

Thanks to its robust suite of features and tools, Sprout Social has facilitated the streamlining of our posting processes, as well as the management of follower interactions across numerous social media platforms. Additionally, it enables us to monitor comments, collect data, and access advanced analytics that aid in evaluating our success.

Pros

I appreciate how Sprout Social consolidates numerous services into one platform, allowing us to easily manage all social media responses and inquiries. The ability to create sub-boxes and categorize them based on topics and events helps us better comprehend customer feedback and inquiries. Additionally, Sprout Social streamlines social media management by providing collaboration tools that allow us...

Cons

The limitations of Sprout Social are relatively minor in my experience. Occasionally, the alert system may not function properly, resulting in delayed notifications that can hinder the promptness of necessary actions, particularly if the alert pertains to a publishing failure on one of the platforms.

HH

Heather H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Marketing Agencies and Sprout Social

Overall, we much prefer using Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite. Hootsuite seemed out of date and not nearly as easy to use as Sprout. We switch to Sprout Social 3 years ago and have never had the desire to switch back.

Pros

The ease of use to schedule content is the best part about using Sprout Social. It's also very easy to add new accounts and take accounts out when necessary. I work at a marketing agency so we write and manage tons of content for our clients, so it's important to be able to switch from client to client easily, and switch from platform to platform (FB to IN to TW). Sprout Social does a great job with that.

Cons

Sprout Social will have glitches from time to time where content is not pushed out at all or incorrectly. They have sent emails addressing the issues and assured the costumers that they're working to fix all issues but every once in a while we still run in to the occasional glitch.

Megan G.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Sprout social – automate all your social networks in one place

When it comes to publishing, Sprout stands out because it tailors unique settings to each platform. This means I get an immediate alert if an image is the wrong size or if I post it at the optimal time. The reporting features are also very clear and comprehesive, ready to be shared with team members without reformatting.

Pros

I've been using Sprout Social for a while now and it's been a good tool for managing our social media presence. The ease with which I can pre-schedule posts and preview them as they will appear natively on each platform is nice. What I find especially helful is the unified dashboard that allows me to view and respond to all comments, tags, and direct messages across multiple social media sites. The Smart Inbox feature is a huge time saver as it eliminates the need to log in to each platform individually.

Cons

A negative point is its cost, compared to other platforms that perform the same function, I consider it expensive, another negative point is the customer service, it is slow and it takes time for them to understand the problem, I think they need better training.

Cristina M.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Sprout Social, creates, measures, and analyzes social networks

All the tools it has are very useful, the customer service is good and it doesn't take long to respond, it's something remarkable since other similar platforms have very slow customer service. Its interface is intuitive, the menu is simple and the statistics are presented with easy-to-read graphs.

Pros

Sprout social It is a platform with many functions you can publish content from social networks, create engagement and above all see a detailed analysis of the statistics of your social networks, Sprout social is a platform that has come a long way, it is a combination of content manager and a tool data intelligence, you can see a clear picture of how your company's social media growth is, the number of fans, likes, comments, and sentiment analysis what it does through comments and certain keywords today with which it determines if it is positive or negative.

Cons

They need to add one of the main social networks, YouTube, many analyzes of all the users who are there are lost. Tik tok in my opinion is not well integrated, it lacks better synchronization with the posts, as well as with Instagram stories. And their prices are expensive compared to other social media management and analytics platforms.

RM

Rob M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Love Sprout! I knew nothing and Sprout helped, greatly!

I took over a Student-Housing Apartment community a couple of years ago and found myself having to handle social media all by my lonesome. I knew enough to know that Twitter/FB/Instagram, etc... were all completely different platforms that required different strategies, but I needed something that would help me manage to post at various times/days - especially when I was home (weekends). I discovered...

Pros

Ease of use. Super intuitive. Far better than Hootsuite.

Cons

Honestly, struggling to find anything I don't like. I never attempt paid ads through FB or Twitter, but I don't recall if Sprout would facilitate those.

Nickolas R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Scheduling made easy.

We used to spend hours creating a content schedule for our clients to then have to upload and schedule each day manually once approved. With sprout, we have the ability to create drafts and schedules in the publishing platform and send it straight to the client for approval, once approved it's a click of a button and all the posts are scheduled. Our clients love having well laid out reports sent weekly to see how the page is performing and also the ability to whitelist them is amazing.

Pros

This software has continued to impress me the longer i have been with it. What continues to impress us is the scheduling, and calendar which is easily to export and send through the clients. It looks great and clients can easily see which dates, and platforms posts will be scheduled in. The new addition on optimal post times when scheduling has really seen an increase in engagement rates and the weekly reports that are being sent out really help our clients, and also ourselves get a better picture on how the page is performing.

Cons

One thing that i think they could improve on is their interface a tiny bit. When selecting a page to filter the publishing calendar by, when you select to publish it will default to the last page you published with and not the one you have selected on the side. It's a small issue but i think it could improve the speed of publishing significantly.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Social Media accounts rolled into one package

Not everyone likes to use social media but most understand the value of it so using Sprout can help get the word across all the different social media platforms at once with minimal to technically no time actually spent on the individual social media sites themselves. Most importantly, it helps get the job done more efficiently and will give you a clear picture of how your social media presence is doing, which can help you figure out how to improve and where to focus your attention more.

Pros

It gives the ability to post to all social media accounts in one step. This saves a lot of time for businesses that want to promote the same things across several platforms. It's easy to select or deselect the accounts you want to include for any post and it gives detailed analytics for everything in one place.

Cons

Accounts sometimes get disconnected for no explainable reason and it just becomes an inconvenience to check and reconnect when you are using the software to make things easier. There are also limitations on formats and features that you might be able to control better directly through the social media platform itself so if you use those a lot, it defeats the purpose of having Sprout.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

social network management solution

it's a quite nice and afordable solution.

Pros

Sprout Social is one of the best social network management solution. Monitor the performance and management of the community

Cons

Some features are not free of charges. I hope they will update this

JA

Jessie A.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Excellent platform to plan the publication of content on social networks and more

Since its deployment, it has been great; it has allowed us to save time while maintaining the social networks administered by the company. The report generator has performed well, making it easy to schedule content publishing, track it in depth with little to no fuss, and increase decision-making in digital marketing.

Pros

Because of its usability, high level of intuitiveness in its user interface, integrated functions, and established metrics for reports, Sprout Social is well-liked in my organization when managing social networks and all the content intended for them. It is well-liked because it is one of the most comprehensive on the market. The solution is fantastic for small, medium-sized businesses and freelancers; it is outstanding and lacks complexity; it is simple to teach new users how to use; and it offers exceptional customer support.

Cons

There were only two aspects of Sprout Social that I didn't particularly like. The first was the price because it is so exorbitant. On the other hand, the support staff is slow to respond.

KD

Katie D.

A Killer Deal Needing A Few Tweaks

Overall, the software is a killer deal and easy to pick up and use. I do feel like there's more I can be doing with the software than I currently am, but it's hard for me to know what all is in there.

Pros

I work for a non-profit, so this software is a great value for the features it offers. It is fairly intuitive and easy to pick up quickly. I like the calendar view, and I like being able to comment on posts that are being drafted to communicate with my coworkers.

Cons

There are a few weird quirks it would be great to fix, if possible. Having to manually post the multi-picture instagrams leaves a larger margin for human error (I realize this is mostly instagrams fault, but is a consistent issue I have). While I love being able to message my coworkers in sprout, the notification feature for this could use some improvement. Instead of spamming inboxes (why do I get...

Ginger M.

We LOVE Sprout Social!

From the beginning, the Sprout team that has worked with us has been friendly, easy going, fun to talk to, and answered all of our questions. Their chat, customer service, and account managing team is great to work with.

Pros

This is practically a "do-it-all" tool. As long as I've been in the social media marketing business, we've been looking for a tool that has everything we need in one. Sprout Social certainly gets close with it's ability to produce, schedule, and post our content, store images in a library, organize our clients in folders and teams, produce reports and share analysis and metrics that are important to us. We're currently looking into using it's listening capabilities and then we'll pretty much have all we need.

Cons

We've noticed different team members have to use different web browsers to access full functionality of Sprout. Some of us are good on Chrome, while others works better with Safari or Firefox. Haven't had this issue with any other tools we use, but noticed it in particular about this one.

PL

Penny L.

Overall, Sprout is a wonderful tool, but lately, there have been issues that have arisen.

Pros

The ease of navigation and publishing, I like the added feature of optimal send times, and that Pinterest is now added.

Cons

Recently, we have been having trouble with photos from links not populating in the photo field when already published causing us to have to go directly into the platforms and edit/correct or add again when we realize this, because it appears to be there when we are publishing. Very time consuming. Also, we have been having issues with photos being cut off when they are published on the platforms, but...

RE

Román E.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Sprout Social: All your social media accounts and tasks in a single smart inbox

Sprout Social has helped us solve the problem of working with several accounts at the same time, especially with clients that use social networks as customer service channels for their services and companies. Sprout Social's server capacity and the overall stability of the platform are also remarkable. When a certain scale is reached in the number of users and managed profiles, the cost-benefit ratio increases positively.

Pros

The most useful tool of Sprout Social is the smart inbox, which brings together all the interactions, messages and comments of all social media profiles that are handled in a single working queue. This allows you to easily manage large amounts of work and is particularly useful for CRM jobs with social networks.

Cons

The limited capacity to conduct complex social listening research.

JM

Jamie M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Probably the best social media tool on the market

Pros

I've used Sprout Social on and off for many years. It's fantastic to use (a really great UI) and it performs very well too - so many useful features. From scheduling to reporting, social listening to chatbots, Sprout Social has it all. It's been growing as a tool over the years and they've been refining the key aspects (such as user permissions, approval processing, reporting and social listening) to the point where it's a brilliant tool. Their recently added features such as advanced listening and chatbots have put it in a whole new league.

Cons

Whilst the pricing is fair, it does get expensive once you start adding multiple users (as the pricing stated on their website is per user). Some of the features that are available for higher pricing packages would be nice to explore as a smaller user but it's understandable that some features are enterprise level.

CG

Carla G.

I have been using Sprout to manage about 30 social media pages for nearly a year.

Pros

I like having a hub to store photos (the asset library) as well as a hub for all user activity across multiple social media accounts (smart inbox).

Cons

*The maximum number of images that can be added to the Asset Library at a time is 10, and if you want to batch 'tag' all of the photos, you can only choose 1 'tag' per set of 10. For content creators that upload hundreds of photos to the asset library per week (like my team), this makes for an extremely cumbersome process. *You can't search the asset library by file name. You can only sort by file...