Sprout Social Logo

Sprout Social Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

See full reviews by rating

A great onboarding experience and a lovely and simple user interface. Love the smart inbox feature on the platform.
Very very disappointed and frustrated with the whole experience. Stick with FB and IG and don't waste your time and money.
Lack of support for enterprise. Difficult to scale up using this tool.

Sprout Social users...

Loomly-logocaret

Loomly

CoSchedule Marketing Suite-logocaret

CoSchedule Marketing Suite

How would you rate Sprout Social?

Dan F.

Chief Growth Officer

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Simple Social Media Scheduling Tool

Transcript

Dan F.: I'm Dan, I'm a social media manager in the automotive industry. And I give Sprout Social a three...

Great piece of software, bad customer support.

Reviewed a day ago

Great tool for various Social media managements

Pros

It offers simple navigation which helps a new user to use the platform with ease.And also it helps to manage multiple social media accounts in a single platform so that time consumption is less and high productivity.

Cons

According to me ,social media management tool is inevitable in my work so I chose tools with chrome extension .This tool ofcourse offers extension but it has little glitch.There is a room of improvement else it is wonderful tool for social media marketers .

Sprout social best social media management software.

Sprout social allowed me to optimize the customer relationship, and to be more visible on social networks.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software is the ability it gives us to be more present on social networks.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is that many are not interested in it yet and beginners find it difficult to immerse themselves.

Idea is great, follow through not so much..

I would say I'm pretty neutral about it. I was so excited about using them but if I could rewind time I never would have switched.

Pros

I manage 13 different social media accounts so I need scheduling software to keep up with everything! The majority of the reports on sprout are the same as you can find on your social media channel, but having everything in one place makes reports easier.

Cons

We have had some issues with Sprout since we signed up and the customer service along with the follow-through has been less than ideal. First off you have no account manager, the guy who signed us up washed his hands of us the second he got the check. I found this out when we were having issues connecting our Instagram. After 2 MONTHS, yes 2 months, of talking to support and engineers none of which...

Where business grows faster!

This enables users to control social media accounts with ease. The templates help to produce fast and effective content. This is a very helpful tool that ensures smooth workflow. If they reduce the price then it would be a very effective option indeed.

Pros

The template collections help creators to create contents very fast and smoothly. It lets users to monitor competitors which helps to design marketing campaigns accordingly. This helps the business reach to the top at a very high pace.

Cons

It is very expensive and their customer support is really bad. They literally ignore the problems reported to them. Which is very irritating. I hope they improve it soon.

Excellent platform to plan the publication of content on social networks and more

Since its deployment, it has been great; it has allowed us to save time while maintaining the social networks administered by the company. The report generator has performed well, making it easy to schedule content publishing, track it in depth with little to no fuss, and increase decision-making in digital marketing.

Pros

Because of its usability, high level of intuitiveness in its user interface, integrated functions, and established metrics for reports, Sprout Social is well-liked in my organization when managing social networks and all the content intended for them. It is well-liked because it is one of the most comprehensive on the market. The solution is fantastic for small, medium-sized businesses and freelancers; it is outstanding and lacks complexity; it is simple to teach new users how to use; and it offers exceptional customer support.

Cons

There were only two aspects of Sprout Social that I didn't particularly like. The first was the price because it is so exorbitant. On the other hand, the support staff is slow to respond.

The Most Effective Social Media Management Software.

This product is just what we require. We manage various social media accounts due to our work, which enables us to keep a solid online presence.

Pros

Never has managing several social media accounts been so simple. Time is significantly reduced by switching between accounts and scheduling postings. The reports provide precise information about how everything operates and aid in making informed decisions. My teammates enjoy utilizing the user-friendly Functionality since it is so effortless.

Cons

The expense is the only drawback. It would have been much more sought after if the pricing had been slightly lower.

Sprout Social - my helping hand

It can be the best software for someone who is beginner and doesn't what to begin with. lt's loaded with so many features. I have used so many account management softwares but this one is really different and outshines.

Pros

I can easily handle multiple account using this software. It is a one place solution for me. From scheduling posts for my social media to getting all analytics and queuing messages. It manages all. It's interface is too clean and simple.

Cons

It doesn't have any cons in my point of view but pricing is little bit expensive and analytics can be more detailed.

Great piece of software, bad customer support.

Pros

The ability to schedule social media posts for all platforms in one centralized environment is fantastic.

Cons

Customer support. When I first started the sprout social trial, it auto renewed for the $297/month plan. I wanted the $99 a month plan. The only way to downgrade your subscription is via phone. The email and chat widget reps could not do this for me. When I called their phone line, there was no answer on a Friday during business hours. I took me 4 business days to fix this challenge. I had to cancel one of my sprout social subscription when one of my clients decided to retire and sell their business. I was billed for the entire month even though I cancelled 2 days after the billing date. They refused to refund a prorated bill for the time I did not use.

Great platform to manage all social media needs

Pros

Their smart inbox is very easy to use and keeps all messages/comments in easy access areas. The publishing tool is also very flexible and easy to use.

Cons

The smart inbox doesn't allow for managing YouTube comments. It's also quite costly to have 20+ pages connected

Great product for large accounts

Pros

Sprout Social is a great product for a business with a well-established and large social media strategy and reach. The analytics tools available would be invaluable for those who are running and analyzing data all day.

Cons

For our small agency Sprout Social was overwhelming and a bit "too much" for our needs.

Good Software for Data Analytics

We have been bounced around from account manager to account manager which has been unfortunate as we haven't been able to optimize things very well or probably get the most out of the product. We don't really use the listening tools and I think that is partly because we don't quite know how to set it up. That seems to be a BIG selling point for them but we aren't big on Twitter so that appears to not help us much. As a community manager I would prefer better ways to track sentiment, track engagement metrics, and pull better insights per post on engagement % to see how that effects reach and other data points. But since we don't use Twitter at the moment we seem to miss out on a lot of their focus areas.

Pros

The data we are able to get from Sprout is fantastic. They recently added an inbox activity tracker which has been a game changer for engagement management. Being able to get an export of all of our post data too is phenomenal. WAY better than trying to pull things directly from each app.

Cons

Not being able to pull YouTube comment data is a big detractor. You also aren't able to not include some posts in reporting (for example we did a giveaway post on Instagram which skewed our entire metrics for the month). No one has TikTok data yet and I am not sure Sprout will be the first as they take a while to implement feedback (if at all).

Dashboard Metrics and Report Generation Make My Job Easy

I really like the customer service experience I've had here. I'm very new to YouTube from a marketing standpoint, and Sprout gave me a lot of resources to learn.

Pros

I work in marketing and report to professionals who don't have as much marketing expertise as me. Having a dashboard view of the social media statistics really helps me explain and analyze the significance of changes.

Cons

The software itself is tough to navigate. Things change around a lot, and that makes it difficult if you present metrics on screen share.

Sprout Social: If You Need to Increase Your Social Media Workload Efficiency

Overall, we're enjoying Sprout Social and the ability it gives us to manage all of our client accounts from one place. Our efficiency has increased exponentially after switching to Sprout and it's allowed us to take on more clients' social needs as an agency.

Pros

It is so nice to be able to have all of my clients' social profiles in one place! With Sprout Social, we're able to not only keep our clients' profiles together, we're able to schedule posts to all of their platforms in the same interface. I think the shining moment for Sprout Social is the Inbox feature, where you can respond and engage with your online social community right there in the Sprout interface. You want to talk about efficiency...our team was spending hours a day logging in and out of different profiles for a client, responding to comments, engaging with other users, etc. Then, they had to do the same thing for the rest of our clients! Having the ability to cut out that unnecessary time spent logging in and out has been a life saver.

Cons

Unfortunately, Sprout Social does NOT have the ability to schedule stories on Instagram. While they claim you can "schedule", it's actually a manual process. You can go ahead and create the story post and "schedule" it, but all that means is you'll get an alert to go manually post the story to your profile. This doesn't help increase efficiency and can actually distract from other work in the middle of the day when you have to stop what you're doing to go manually post.

Makes Social Media Management so Easy!

It's been a great experience so far. They also have a great support team that you can work with to ensure that you're utilizing all of the platform features as best as you can. For teams who struggle to plan and manage their social accounts, I highly recommend Sprout Social. The platform also can help you uncover trends for future planning too!

Pros

No one has the time to sit there and individually schedule out social posts so that's where Sprout Social comes into play! We purchased this software to help us plan and manage our organic social media calendar easily. They also can integrate with paid ads, but that's not something we use it for. I love that you can see a calendar of upcoming posts so I can see if there are any gaps in our calendar. Sprout Social also has very robust reporting for each platform and it has allowed me to have deeper insights into how our accounts and posts are doing. It's been a big lifesaver. Prior to this, I would always forget to post so this has made it easier to make a plan!

Cons

The platform is kind of pricey, especially as you add on more licenses. You can't create any custom reports. However, they have a lot of robust reports so I imagine you don't need to. We haven't needed to yet.

Easily allows for teamwork

Overall, this is an easy-to-use tool that makes my daily work so much more manageable, and makes teamwork seamless.

Pros

One of the best features on Sprout is the ability to have multiple users create, review, and publish content. This has saved us a tremendous amount of time on our team. The user interface is really nice and accessible, and the features are all the essentials you would want in a scheduling tool plus some bonus features that I don't use often but are nice to have. Most of all, the reporting tool saves me a tremendous amount of time. It's customizable so you can quickly pull a report for a certain channel and window of time when needed.

Cons

When drafting content, sometimes it's difficult for tags to load or come through at all, especially with regards to Facebook. I also wish that you could customize the metadata on links in Sprout, with the same functionality of something like Yoast, so that your social person could swap out thumbnails quickly. I do have issues from time to time with what attachments are generated as well; depending on the order in which you insert links into the draft, it will pull different attachments. Sometimes you have to delete and re-insert links in the draft to get the right attachment. It would be better if Sprout added a section to choose the link you want to attach.

Super Charge your Social Media

Definitely enjoyed the user friendliness of the platform and their support was also really great. I enjoyed the smart inboxes, competitors social analysis and scheduler. I would say the platform is easy to get into straight away and is easy to build a fell formed strategy from. Not much else too it. If it wasn't for the cost, I would have definitely gone with this platform and I'm still a little sad that I was not able to use the software just because of price. Definitely a Happy, Easy and Joyful experience.

Pros

Firstly. Sprout is extremely user friendly and simple to use. I honestly really enjoyed that all comments and direct messages from any platform are collected in an inbox for me to respond to as soon as possible and never miss a comment. This was very important to me and something that I could not find on other platforms. I also enjoy the Scheduler, which is important to be but similar to any other...

Cons

You can not control any Ad accounts from sprout, but you can engage with boosted posts and ad's once they are live. Hence, sprout will work in compliment with the original ad account. I also struggled with the fact that I was only allowed 10 accounts. We are not an agency but still need more than 10 social accounts. Their price to add accounts asked too much for us to beable to continue with the purchase of the software. We operate in South Africa. So going from Rand to Dollar is quite a big leap. Although the software has many lovely tools, the price just didn't equate for us. The only other tool I can think of which would be missing is SEO in terms of Social. Otherwise Sprout Social pretty much has most tools you would need from a Social Managing platform

The Best Social Media Scheduling Platform Hands Down

We love Sprout Social and highly recommend it to others. We've used other scheduling platforms, and nothing has come close to being able to handle our needs the way Sprout Social can.

Pros

Our team has used a variety of social media scheduling platforms, including Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and others, and Sprout Social is by far our favorite for many reasons. • As an agency with hundreds of profiles, Sprout Social makes multiple account management a breeze. • The scheduling browser is very easy to use. • It offers ideal posting times to help you optimize reach and engagement. •...

Cons

I won't beat around the bush. It's pricey. Very pricey. If you're a freelancer or not using social media daily, it may not be worth the investment. If you're an agency working with multiple clients or if social media is part of your daily routine, a scheduling software that offers everything Sprout Social offers is well worth it.

Great Social Tool to Manager Multiple Brands

For the most part gives us an all-in-one social media management and creation tool. Perfect for collaboration and the structure of permissions and approvals helps on a team level.

Pros

Allows us to collaborate across our team with members in different locations. Love the notifications and ability to respond directly to social posts within the app. The ability to email posts to certain non-users helps, and being able to tag content types makes organization easy. The including reporting is robust and provides enough information across multiple platforms to make good decisions. The single inbox is ideal and is the reason we continue to use the platform. It's great to know if something was handled and by which user and the sense of accomplishment is there once you clear your inbox.

Cons

The listening tools are a separate cost and for our brands becomes too expensive to commit to. Which it had more feature built in like other platforms to scour and collect keyword mentions across other platforms (not just social).

Best customer service in this category, hands down. Big win with launch of listening product.

People seek out social media software primarily for automation. But that doesn't solve the workflow and analytics issues that social media and community managers face. Sprout enables us to load content and art into the automation platform as drafts, submit for approval and then automate posting. We also need a competitive edge as an agency, and using this software with the ability to provide more robust...

Pros

The agency model sold us. Big win to invite larger groups rather than paying by the "seat" as previous models and other services demand. The approval process and analytics go beyond what is available in the native platforms which is essential for business use. The social listening is what we've been waiting for--and will be instrumental in our relationship moving forward. With that said, there is a caveat, listed below.

Cons

The social listening is amazing. However, the sales model is seriously flawed. Our clients will not pay every month for each social listener. Moreover, our agency needs to use this as a way to earn new business. We have many pitches in process at any time and it's not feasible for us to pay every month per listener. As such, this amazing service is not available to us on the scale it needs to be. Please...

One of my go-to SM management tools

Pros

Great user interface (I like it much better than Hootsuite's interface). Customer service is superb! Anytime I had any issues with using SproutSocial, their customer service was a chat or email away. Their customer service seems like a very small team of people, but they are very quick to respond and get to a solution. I've used SproutSocial for several different companies, both large and small, and...

Cons

There are a couple social networks that cannot be integrated with SproutSocial, and therefore I have to resort to also using Hootsuite. Things like LinkedIn Showcase Pages, Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups to name a few cannot be scheduled or automated. SproutSocial covers the larger social media pages you need to manage like Facebook pages and Twitter. Because it cannot schedule at all social networks, I have to do most of my scheduling in Hootsuite.

Simple SM manager with superior Analytics feature

I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and on Capterra and my expectations soared and became somewhat unrealistic to be honest. The pricing threw me off because $99 monthly seemed kind of steep given the features. Nevertheless, I had nothing to lose by trying it out so I decided to signup for a trial. I’ve used/currently...

Pros

The Digital Asset Library The Analytics feature The RSS feature can serve as a social media content generation tool. Easy UI

Cons

The pricing is rather steep. There are other SM managers with more powerful features which could prove to be a better substitute to Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better Asset Library feature, SMHack provides just as detailed analytics, Swift social has powerful RSS feature, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling function, as well as one of the easiest SM Managers to use due to the numerous tutorials online and it's inbuilt mini-tutorial.

I absolutely love Sprout Social.

I'm always surprised when a social media manager hasn't heard of Sprout. In my social media classes for my masters degree most of my classmates used Hootsuite and they were surprised by the differences between the two products. Sprout is by far superior and I'll never go back.

Pros

Sprout Social makes social media management simple. I publish content on a daily basis and review our notifications, messages, and assign tasks when needed. The crop tools help us with our photography and graphics for each platform. Most platforms also allow alt text, which is extremely helpful and is a huge priority for us as an institute of higher education.

Cons

Sometimes the content calendar glitches and it shows all of the posts per day, including shares, that we didn't necessarily create. It can be a little messy and difficult to navigate when this happens, but it is rare and likely occurs when the software is going through updates. And who doesn't want updates/improvements? Definitely not a deal breaker in the slightest.

Good tool, but need to keep an eye on it

Overall, Sprout Social is a great tool, but it shouldn't be used in a way that ignores your physical social media pages. It is important to continue to monitor those pages, check how posts pull through as the end product, etc.

Pros

The best part of Sprout Social is the ability to preview your social media posts. These previews allow you to see if a photo will crop properly or if it will crop in a weird way, and they allow you to adjust text so it best fits the page. It is also great that you can schedule posts to multiple sites, plan ahead, and easily duplicate posts.

Cons

While the post previews are a great tool, sometimes they are deceptive, especially with Twitter. Most of my posts to twitter end up looking different in the final post, as preview photos are not always pulled through. Additionally, if you make adjustments to the photo or crop in Sprout Social, it is important to double check that they actually apply on the back end.

Marketing Agencies and Sprout Social

Overall, we much prefer using Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite. Hootsuite seemed out of date and not nearly as easy to use as Sprout. We switch to Sprout Social 3 years ago and have never had the desire to switch back.

Pros

The ease of use to schedule content is the best part about using Sprout Social. It's also very easy to add new accounts and take accounts out when necessary. I work at a marketing agency so we write and manage tons of content for our clients, so it's important to be able to switch from client to client easily, and switch from platform to platform (FB to IN to TW). Sprout Social does a great job with that.

Cons

Sprout Social will have glitches from time to time where content is not pushed out at all or incorrectly. They have sent emails addressing the issues and assured the costumers that they're working to fix all issues but every once in a while we still run in to the occasional glitch.

Sprout is really user friendly, from both an interaction point and management. Good blogs too!

Using Sprout along side another platform for a different client (their choice) the overall functionality of Sprout is really clear! It is much faster and user friendly.

Pros

Sprout is great for interactions. Having over 1000 pages to look after means we need to be able to access specific pages quickly, and view messages for just the one page in a set profile group - this is really easy with Sprout! In terms of quality reviewing responses from a management point of view, it is great - you can see full threads and who did what. For reporting, you can tailor reports for...

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs, which can cause functionality issues (but this does happen with all software). Because we are a UK company, and Sprout's support team are in the US it does mean that we have to wait until the afternoon on our time for any additional information - although you are able to log the error you are experiencing.