ZoomInfo

Lead generation and buyer intent data for B2B organizations

visit website

ZoomInfo Reviews

Pros

I would highly recommend Zoom for any organization that needs to prospect new potential clients. It is effective and has great plug-ins and interfaces with Chrome.

Adam D.

Florence B.

All and all the user interface and functionality of ZoomInfo was great. It was easy to search, I really liked the ability to look at org charts, and for the most part the info was correct.

IJ

Ian J.

Cons

Not surprising that they have to trap people into giving them money given how terrible their product infrastructure is.

MB

Michael B.

The biggest con is the amount of times that numbers either aren't on there or are wrong numbers. I have dialed and got siblings, spouses, and other family members along with completely wrong people.

Christian H.

ZoomInfo is an unethical company that does not care about its customers and relies on legal threats to intimidate its customers.

DH

Daan H.

Lance C.

Director of Business Development

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Results vary by industry

Transcript

Lance: Hi, I'm Lance. I'm a regional sales director in healthcare sales. And I give ZoomInfo a three...

has contact info for almost everyone

Transcript

Sola O.: Hi, my name is Sola. I'm a benefits consultant in the insurance industry. I give Zoominfo, a...

Zoominfo the Holy Grail For Sales

My experience with Zoominfo has been amazing, I was able to find out when people are looking for our services and reach out to them to close some bussiness.

Pros

What is not a pro of this tool! it has everything!! I'm able to find all my contacts for a business and everything I need to know about them. Helping my closing right when talking to new clients.

Cons

There are no cons with this platform, this tool is amazing for sales teams to get more new clients, and able to see what they are looking to buy.

Great data, easy to use and train teams to use, valuable tool for sales/marketing

I have been a user for over 6 years and I love the tool. Their customer support is always responsive - although I have rarely ever needed them because the software is very intuitive and always is working just as expected. In my experience, the sales teams work with your budget on renewals - always are flexible and make adjustments to their packaging/pricing to fit your needs.

Pros

The quality of data is top notch. I have used many different sources of marketing data - even worked for 2 of the big players - and the data at ZoomInfo is among the top in quality for B2B. Their software is extremely easy to use, even with the recent update a couple years ago. I have trained many BDRs and SDRs on how to use the tool for prospecting. I have implemented this solution at new companies I have joined and it is always received as a high-value software that continuously is renewed year over year.

Cons

There's not many cons about this software. This is being really nit-picky but... I have used the tool as a marketer to build/target and export lists. Although ZoomInfo integrates with some CRM tools, I found I still needed to export the data into excel, add any custom fields (such as Lead Owner, Lead Status, etc), then upload it into the CRM. So it is a bit time consuming. If ZoomInfo can find a way to allow you to add custom fields to the data before instantly integrating into CRMs, that would save a lot of time.

ZoomInfo has buyers' cell numbers, which has been a gamechanger for me.

Overall, I have seen value from ZoomInfo and it has helped me accelerate some deals.

Pros

with ZoomInfo, I like that I can get notifications about the companies that I care about and what they are doing. That allows me to strategize what I want to do and who I need to reach out to to. And when I do my outreach, I know what I need to say with my messaging that will cut through the noise and get a response from my buyer.

Cons

Because there is so much you can do with ZoomInfo, sometimes the software is a bit hard to use. It really does take time to set it up properly, otherwise it's just another too-powerful, often clunky solution in my tool kit.

Easily the worst company I've ever done business with

TL;DR — This company does not care one iota about customer service. They do not care about you or your business. They don't care about maintaining a good relationship in the pit of a pandemic. And even when times are fine, they don't care about giving you what they said they'd give you. Here’s the experience * I spent three months telling the sales rep exactly what I needed. * Each time I explained...

Pros

The data quality is good and has improved over the past few years. This has been accomplished through numerous acquisitions of competitors, and either they were always a terrible company or the disarray from M&A has cast them into such chaos that all they can do is sell whatever they can get people to agree to buying, and operate a platform. Whatever benefit they provide is so overwhelmingly overshadowed...

Cons

We were sold the wrong benefits despite roughly three months of discussing our needs with the sales rep, and the company did absolutely nothing to amend this despite the sales manager's first impression on reviewing the problem being, "Oh shoot, we've got you on the completely wrong plan." So I'm not sure because it only sometimes met our needs and the company never revised our plan and blithely ignored our requests for them to do so.

Hi Julian, I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. This is absolutely in no way how we conduct ourselves with our customers. As always, we appreciate your feedback and are continuously looking to improve. If you could please email me at colbie.blaisdell@zoominfo.com I would love to chat more with you in hopes I can help resolve any issues you are currently having and figure out a way with you to avoid any miscommunication in the future. Thank you, Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing

ZoomInfo is the comfortable, reliable, familiar

Overall I like ZoomInfo. I selected them because of prior experience and its brand recognition. That being said, while they offer a lot of capabilities and products, specializing in one area is just not their M.O. - at least that's what it feels like. Because of that, competitors who focus on providing one service (i.e. buyer intent) oftentimes are of higher quality (and much cheaper). They are the essence of "comfortable," which may or may not be the most important factor when deciding on your overall tech stack.

Pros

The continual acquisitions to improve their product and company. The accuracy of their contact data is pretty good. Their company data is really good. Integration with Salesforce is pretty straightforward. Lots of features and capabilities to choose from.

Cons

Customer support takes a long time. Their contact data is not always up to date especially with linkedin. No "left company" update/alert that I know of. Not a very robust integration/sync with Linkedin. Enrichment feature has been failing recently.

Zoominfo Helps Us Zoom

Pros

The ease to use the software is what I liked best. Zoominfo is great.

Cons

Training videos/information needs to be meatier. It's cool but lacks some meat. Engage is in its infancy compared to other software programs out there.

ZoomInfo takes the load off of Ops

Zoominfo is an older looking UI but their database is robust and it gets the job done.

Pros

Zoominfo is beneficial to me because I can assign credits to reps who want leads and then forget about it. They are empowered to set their own criteria and go hunt and sell on their own.

Cons

The integration with SFDC is sub-par. Ideally we could use more sophisticated configuration options so that these could come over to our CRM the way that we want to see them and that doesn't conflict with other conventions we have in place.

Good for your outbound SDRs

Good experience, CSM and AE always helpful. Will likely continue using Zoominfo in the future.

Pros

Easy to build lists and export across to Salesforce. In North America, the contact quality has turned out to be pretty good. Websights has also been interesting to gain insights on non converting companies on our website.

Cons

Sometimes the UX around searches vs lists is a bit tricky when you compare it to other modern prospecting products. This workflow could be a bit more seamless, and I'd love better connectivity to platforms like Slack to enable our SDRs to receive notifications a bit more proactively.

Great Catalog/Communication Product

This product has dramatically transformed our companies "attacking" process of sales. Would recommend to anyone needing lead generations.

Pros

ZoomInfo is a life saver for those sales/cold-calling individuals that have a hard time reaching their targets. It implements numbers/emails so you can have your targets direct line, and is very useful in following up and striking conversations between managers, employees, or potential targets in a company.

Cons

Sometimes it can have ambiguous or outdated information and it makes it difficult to track down exactly the person you're looking for.

Zoom Info

Pros

The ease to locate new prospects and there contacts is great.

Cons

To many duplications The program that checks for duplications needs to be more substantial. There should be a notifier to admin that duplications have occurred when uploading to a CRM. Not just to the user but to the admin as well. Maybe a choice for the admin to turn on a stop import of dips are found.

Regular User

The primary business challenge being solved is around uncovering new business logos to promote our services. The platform has also assisted in cleaning the data we already have in Salesforce.

Pros

The platform has been a major contributor to developing new prospects that fit our ICP guidelines, including revenue, employee count, and technology infrastructure. It has also assisted me in collecting as much information for prospecting new contacts within an organization. Integrating with Salesforce was incredibly straight forward, and I personally like the chrome extension. It allows me to look up a contact in Zoom without having to leave a LinkedIn profile.

Cons

One of the key issues I have noticed is the level of accuracy with the data shared on a particular contact. In many cases, the contact would no longer be with an organization associated with ZoomInfo. There have been instances where the contact may have left the company more than a year ago, and ZoomInfo still doesn't have the updated information. The level of detail in the data is incredible, but it's less accurate than what I remember when I first started using the platform.

Zoominfo Review

Zoominfo has been an incredible resource. I have implemented at 3 different sales departments and will continue to require it as part of my sales tool set. I was surprised to find that in outing previous contact databases for Zoominfo, the company was paying about the same, if not more, for databases of half the size and little-to-no direct contact info. There are some startups with a fraction of the database that may be a better price-fit for individual users, but I think you're doing it wrong, if you're using: - Insideview or Dun&Bradstreet (not even comparable for direct contact info, for around the same price) - Rainking (great tool for companies targeting IT Departments, has similar detail in contact info, but not as extensive of database)

Pros

The accuracy of the data. Zoominfo has more direct dials, including cell phone numbers and desk extensions, than any contact database on the market. Zoominfo also provides emails for just about all of the contacts in it's database and does a good job of verifying/updating these contacts/emails regularly.

Cons

Zoominfo has very detailed data across all firmographics, but their employee count for small businesses (between 5-15 employees) is often inaccurate. For instance, in populating a list of companies with 10 or more employees, a lot of those 10-person companies may only have one or two... Not a big deal, in considering their accuracy for companies with over 20 employees and all the other pros. It use to be a 'steal', but the pricing has continued to increase since Discoverorg purchased it. Still a very reasonable price for it's value, but it is becoming frustrating as the costs continue to increase significantly. They have a minimum, which amounts to ~$5,000/yr, which makes it inaccessible to individual users.

ZoomInfo is a great tool, depending on your needs and budget

It was great before DiscoverOrg bought them and is surely improving by the day with DiscoverOrg.

Pros

Contains probably 80%+ records that have email address and/or direct dials. It is way more accurate than the data offered by other providers. Their accuracy is in line for what it should be, especially in today`s economy with unemployment being so low, and employee churn being so high. Despite these factors, I`d say their overall data accuracy is easily north of 70 - 75%, even with the above-mentioned data decay (which exists no matter what vendor you consider). One other tool that helps to narrow down the list of contacts in a larger organization, is to search with filter to find only recently verified contacts.

Cons

It`s a little pricey, but there`s a lot of value too. The only other criticism is that unless you pay for a large number of "points" (contact that you can download in bulk) you are relegated to copy and paste at the individual level. It`s a bit cumbersome (by design), but I have used it as-is for years, without the additional credits.

ZoomInfo is worth the money

When I joined Mygo Consulting last year, there was no easy way to get a large number of qualified leads and their contact information, so getting ZoomInfo solved that very quickly. And Websights solved the issue of identifying visitors to our website. I have found the accuracy of the contact information to be over 90%, which is much higher than other databases I have used in the past. Overall, I have been very satisfied with their platform.

Pros

There are several features in ZoomInfo that are important to me. The first is the ability to tailor lead lists for email and prospecting campaigns. The next features that I use on a daily basis are Websights and Opportunity Scoops. Websights tells me what companies visited our website, and I recently added Hotjar to show me their activity while they visited. That gives me the ability to reach out with a very targeted message based on where they went. The opportunity scoops gives me leads that our sales team can get in touch with and talk about how we can help with the upcoming projects that are listed.

Cons

Two things that I have discussed in the past that I would like to see improved are the technology stacks that ZoomInfo reports in each company. There has been a higher amount of inaccuracy than I used to see. The other improvement would be for more detailed information in the Websights feature. It is hard to see what pages a visitor went to, which is why we added Hotjar.

Great Contact Data Platform with Additional Benefits for Customer Engagement

Overall, my team really likes Zoominfo. It's simple, easy to use, and gives us the type of information that we need for our sales team to be successful. It's a great additional to pair with our other tools, and it extra helpful when it comes to finding contacts on LinkedIn.

Pros

My team really likes Zoominfo! It allows us to easily pull contact data for our sales team. The variety of filter options make the platform easy to use, and makes list pulling quick and simple. We love the Websights feature that allows us to see which companies have been on our site. And we really love the intent data that the platform provides! It's great to be able to cross reference the websights with the intent data to not only see who has been on our site and the pages they have viewed, but also it also allows us to focus on other products or services that the company is showing interest in when our sales team does outreach.

Cons

I wish the platform were quicker at updating contact and company records, and I wish that we would be actively updated on requests we have made in regards to these updates. I have submitted a few update requests, but they seem to die after the request is submitted because nobody reaches out to tell me the update has been complete, or when the update will be done. I have checked back in on records months later to see that they still were not updated with my request. Many of these have been HQ address updates.

YOU NEED THIS!

We love ZoomInfo, you can do a trial in the beginning to dip your toes in the water and see how you like it, but again they really do work with you on pricing if that is what is deterring you from trying out this software. If you are a staffing/recruiting firm, I really recommend you trying this out!

Pros

We absolutely could not live without ZoomInfo! This software has made such a huge impact on our business, it is so easy to use and they really work with you on pricing if necessary! There are so many awesome add on you can choose from for your account, and we love being able to search millions of companies and get direct work line and mobile dials + work emails. It has helped out recruiters reach out to many hiring managers directly.

Cons

I would say pricing is a little bit high, but again you get what you pay for! And this service is 100% worth it in our minds, that we do not mind spending the money to make the business grow.

Most Accurate Prospecting Tool

ZoomInfo has eliminated most of our other tools, it is where I go to verify existing information I may have on accounts and it has streamlined my prospecting process.

Pros

I have used many tools similar to ZoomInfo, but none are as accurate and detailed as ZoomInfo. I'm in a sales role, and spend many hours prospecting into companies to find accounts, titles, use cases, etc. that our product can help solve their use cases. ZoomInfo lets me filter very specific parameters for my searches and has lead to the most accurate information, which gives me great lead conversion.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with ZoomInfo, if you don't have the budget for buying more of their 'tokens' then it can be hard to pull mass amounts of contacts for events or general prospecting. But, it is worth every penny for our sales team.

Prospecting Freedom

Pros

ZoomInfo allows endless, accurate, quality prospecting for the sales process. It is frequently updated, kept sharp, and easy to use. I like the additional browser extension which allows you to search for contacts real time on whatever internet page you are on.

Cons

Sometimes it slows down my computer. Sometimes contacts and company pages are outdated and inaccurate. Luckily, you can submit a ticket for internal review to check on the status of a contact and see up to date information.

Excellent tool for Data Enrichment and growth

We have managed to increase our contact database by 30% since we started using ZoomInfo. We have also managed to discover new companies in our target market to prospect to and have managed to enrich our existing data with some critical data points like Industry, Segment, Job role etc.

Pros

The amount of data points available for each Company and contact in large allowing us to segment and enrich data in different ways. Zoominfo also has a huge database of companies and contacts which aids in contact discovery and growth in the contact database. The google chrome extension is also very helpful to quickly search for a prospect on the go and the UI is very user friendly.

Cons

Their Salesforce integration seems very clunky. You cannot sync data to Salesforce unless you use up your allocated credits which is a problem. Data enrichment should occur in the background and not take up credits in my opinion.

Zoominfo is the best product for list acquisition

If you are trying to choose between the top options in list acquisition services don't hesitate to choose this one as the universe is far larger and more up to date than anything else out there.

Pros

Zoominfo is simple to use and has the most up-to-date contact info of any similar service I've used. It's rare I ever find a company not listed so I can always at least find a main number for the company and typically any company is well built out with all or most senior executives and usually most Director level and Manager levels as well.

Cons

I feel like they could do better with the way they link to linkedin profiles as very often there seems to be a total mis-match but this is really a minor issue given all the value-add this service provides.

Best tool for sales!

Love it. I swear by this tool and rate it higher than its competitors.

Pros

I work in technology staffing sales and this tool has been the best for souring new and existing clients. Love that you can customize you search by title, location, company, location and filter it to get a very narrow list of leads. It usually has the most updated list of contacts so you can use that list to cross reference with what you have and it provides you direct phone numbers and email. Love that it gives both!

Cons

You have a max amount of names you can extract monthly onto an excel. Sometimes My search is vague and I get 100’s of names and don’t want to extract a list because it’ll take away from being to pull more data for other companies later in the month. The search tool continues to function but you just can’t extract the data.

Easy to use but not always accurate

I've always used ZoomInfo to verify company headcount of companies and its been amazing

Pros

ZoomInfo is generally good for providing an all round set of key information a Sales person will need to prospect leads, however for Europe it doesn't seem to always score right with regards to the us of technology. It's definitely a lot stronger in the US.

Cons

The fact that info isn't as accurate in Europe as it is in the US. My colleagues in the US tend to use it more

Best tool for prospecting & lead generation in the US

ZoomInfo has the largest database of companies, contacts in the USA, it helps our sales team, who are working with the US, to get relevant contact information and most importantly, the tool helps us to get direct dials.

Pros

Software is very easy to use, it integrates with all of the most popular sales technology tools like Salesforce, Linkedin, Outreach and etc. The best thing about Zoominfo is their largest database of companies, contacts in the United States.

Cons

Like with all similar tools, sometimes data is inaccurate, outdated or there is no data at all. Moreover, their support is very slow and not very helpful. Moreover, the data quality in Europe is poor, we need to use another tool (Congism) for Europe.

Hello, Thank you for your review and feedback on ZoomInfo. We always like to hear from our customers and we value what you have to say. There is some things we would love to share with you as well about our data. Currently we have 95M+ Company Profiles, 63M+ Direct Dials, 100M+ Direct Emails, 4.3M+ C-Level Contacts, and we are constantly growing daily. Our platform employs automated machine learning...

Zoom through prospecting with ZoomInfo

Overall the experience with ZoomInfo has been great. We transitioned from legacy DiscoverOrg, which, was very outdated and limited us to only a specified amount of accounts and their information. ZoomInfo has opened us up to a whole new world when it comes to prospecting.

Pros

The ZoomInfo platform is super user friendly. The UX is very intuitive and easy to learn. We primarily use ZoomInfo for exporting lead contact information into our Salesforce CRM. We also enable alerts on target accounts to give us up-to-date information on the account that we use in outreach—keeping us relevant in our personalized communications to leads.

Cons

Not a major pain point, but the integration with Salesforce does not use "fuzzy" logic. For example, if I am exporting a lead to an account that already exists in our Salesforce, but the account name in ZoomInfo differs slightly from what is in our Salesforce CRM, the accounts will not match. For example, an account might be named "Acme Inc." in ZoomInfo but we may have the account named "Acme" in our Salesforce. This will not pick up as a match, and then we will have to search for the Account, otherwise a new account will be created, creating a duplicate record.

the best user intuitive and user friendly lead generation software

if you need a software that can give you access to raw data for lead generation,look no further

Pros

Zoom-info allows one to get information on leads including full names,job title, and there current direct phone numbers, mobile phone number, job titles and both work and personal email addresses, they have also greatly improved on the user experience with additional of LinkedIn links that allows for verification, also one gets access to the company revenue information and number of employees and the head quarters physical address,

Cons

so far so good, it is more user friendly and has a new arrangement for data information display