All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

Assad K.

Read the full review
Its ease of use, customer support is great, reporting is good. They are always coming out with updates and improvements.

Peter D.

Malcolm K.

Read the full review

Cons

They sent me the hardware and threw a bunch of additional software charges in the mix without even mentioning them. All charges were made before I even saw an invoice.

Clif P.

Read the full review
The difficult components were in the initial set up of the floor plans for us.

Andrea M.

Read the full review
There's some missing functionalities for Canadians but it seems to be in the works.

Mathieu M.

4.5

Lightspeed at the speed of light!

Pros

The set up was easy with great support from the staff at Lightspeed. Great ability to handle multiple floor plans, products, users and reporting. Very full featured software that should be able to handle any restaurant's business.

Cons

It can be a little confusing when first starting to use the ordering piece on the ipad, a bigger learning curve than some other POS systems, but once you practice with it a bit, it makes sense.

!!SMALL BUSINESS WARNING!! NOT FAIR

!!WARNING!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOT FAIR! They bundled in the loyalty program in our automatic renewal. We were looking into the addition to see if it fits our business. Another $800 was tacked on to our renewal for the Loyalty program that I did not authorize. They are refusing to refund the Loyalty program fee say that we are in a contract and they have a phone recording committing to the contract (they...

Pros

The software is comprehensive. Many add-ons are available at high costs.

Cons

It can get complicated and takes some effort to train new staff. Support is good for the software although I have found that are led down the wrong path and wast time. Some of the representatives are not knowledgeable enough.

Hello Vaughn, We would like to apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed and hope that we can work with you in order to get things moving in the right direction. We see that you have been in touch with our Customer Success team and we encourage you to continue working with them. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

User friendly!

Overall, it is a good experience. The customer service is suitable and helpful. The system itself is easy to figure out.

Pros

I most like the "easiness" it has on the eye. For service, the floor plans, menus, and payment buttons are all easy to see and use. Makes for a faster and more efficient service every night. The reporting is in-depth and also easy to find/consume. The reports are visual and make it easy to "at-a'glance" understand how the service is performing.

Cons

The difficult components were in the initial set up of the floor plans for us. In order to make our floor plans look professional and aseptically pleasing we had to reach out to an outsourced consultant for aid in designing. Also, we integrated Lightspeed with our PMS (for our hotel) so that guests could seamlessly add products from the bar to their hotel reservations. This set up process was early in the stages for both companies - it may be more figured out - but the process took many months. Back and forth conversations with both companies. We are successfully using it though as of now - and the systems are interfacing seamlessly.

Not interested in much other than sales

Implementation was terrible. The salesman made onboarding sound very simple, but when I was putting my items into the system, it was no better than square to do. The company's idea of helping you seems to be to create videos for you to figure out their software so that they don't really have to help you. The few times I called to try to get help with items, the support staff was very short and seemed...

Pros

I thought this product was going to be a great way to more easily keep my books up to date and get pricing and inventory dialed in as compared to square. It has a lot of functionality compared to a product like shop keep or square.

Cons

Service - Limited concern for the customer's problems. No effort to actually work through and understand a client's business. Sales Team - Arrogant and dishonest Billing - Sly and deceitful. Invoices serve as contracts as they contain fine print at the bottom that refers a client to the company's actual contract and product terms that the client must hunt down for themselves. Management - No concern for clientele.

Choose Lightspeed!

Lightspeed was, is, and will continue to be great for us. Staff loves the ease of use of the front end. I love the simplicity of updating the online site, the data available for export in the office, and the full integration with our other software.

Pros

We had the highest expectations for Lightspeed POS and have been ecstatic about the choice. Staff appreciates the ease of use and the quick customization (once familiar with back office which does not take that long). We have continued to appreciate the helpful 24 hour customer service team. Even when they did not have answers for our unique problems, they always did their best to figure out...

Cons

First, no POS is perfect, including Lightspeed. Understanding the back end has allowed us to create work arounds for things the software is currently incapable of doing as intended at this time. One thing has been problems with combos, which we resolved with a workaround. The biggest con is the process used for some software upgrades. Understandably, when a request is made often, it is pushed up the programmer's priority list. There are however some upgrades that, although not highly requested, can definitely improve the product. I have several requests into the programmers at this time.

The POS We've Been Waiting For

Pros

I manage a restaurant called Eclipse Chocolate, and I was uncertain that Lightspeed would be able to meet all of our needs. We're a full service dining concept with brunch and dinner daily, a cafe, a bakery, an event space, a confectioner, and a wholesaler; we needed a POS that would be intuitive and adaptable to a very dynamic menu, and usable by professional servers, as well as kitchen and production...

Cons

There are some minor missing features I would still like to see, like better development of Labor Reports to help calculate overtime, but I have confidence that they will be added in time. I see an update every couple weeks, so I do believe the dev team is working through a list.

A easy to use system that my team love

We started using Lightspeed around two years ago. When joining the business I inherited a creaky old POS system that had been chosen for its ability to connect to our hotel PMS rather than for its usability and features. I was surprised that a cloud based system would have the capability to connect to hotel PMS but lightspeed does this really well. We started with 6 month trial in one location and...

Pros

So easy to train the team Simple sensible interface Regular updates and improvements Great Hotel PMS (Opera) Interface

Cons

Only works on Ipad, would be great if Android was an option to open up the hardware market Needs consolidated reporting for chains

Easy to use, excellent reporting features.

Pros

We like the ease with which new staff can learn to use this software. We also like the clarity with which the back end is organized, and the support available to help us learn the various features. It is simpler and easier to follow than Lightspeed Retail's back end. Reporting features are extremely helpful. It is all very customizable.

Cons

I don't like that the the software is not linked directly to Lightspeed Retail, and that when we lose internet connection we lose access to our POS.

How Lightspeed will help improve your business.

I signed up with Lightspeed back in Nov 2016 and I have never looked back. Lightspeed gives me accuracy and analysis. Through Lightspeed's data I was able to save costs through employee shrinkage. Combined with Lightspeed's great customer and tech support, you've got a winning combination that no one can beat.

Pros

They are accuracy and analysis. With Lightspeed each and every order is entered with 100% accuracy, so you don't have to worry about wrong items or amounts being entered. And with their integrated system you can manage your inventory, and analyze your sales patterns. All because Lightspeed gives you sophisticated and detailed sales reports at your fingertips all while saving time and money and reducing costs.

Cons

There was no onsite tutorial on how to access certain data, but a quick call with tech support and within a few minutes I mastered the system and where everything is placed.

User friendly and great customer service

Pros

We've been using Lightspeed at our Marina/Restaurant/Bar for 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The setup was really straight forward and there has been such great customer service for any questions or issues that have come up. It's very user friendly and easy to train new staff on. Very simple when it comes to changing prices or adding new products. We are very happy we went with Lightspeed at Marina Knowlton!

Cons

I'm not a very "techie" person so there have been some issues that have come up (that would have come up with any POS) that I wasn't able to figure out on my own. But any time we have called customer service for support they have helped fix the problem. So in the end, not really a con!

HAPPY WITH LIGHTSPEED

In my restaurant, we have been working with Light Speed from the opening in 2017, so over two years now, and me and my staff are very happy about. I don't like to lie and obviously the POS is not perfect., there are always areas to improve, and be more functional and works better as with any system. I sent few email to suggest the area they can improve and i have a good response, and this is somenthing...

Pros

EASY TO USE - GOOD VALUE COST - GREAT CUSTOMERS SERVICE

Cons

SOME FUNCTIONAL NEED TO BE IMPROVE AND SOME AREA NEED TO BE ADJUST TO BE MORE FUNCTIONAL

User friendly constantly improving

Pros

its ease of use, customer support is great, reporting is good. They are always coming out with updates and improvements

Cons

it was buggy at first but they have come a long way and are always there to help

First Advanced Software

We need better support system in the week end. We need a app to view from the menu. We will have to use browser to login into restaurant manager. As a owner, we need to simple app to check the sales summary for each location in the app.

Pros

Easy to use with many features. We have been using this software since the inception. We are happy with software.

Cons

There are few limitations to use it but it's getting fixed one by one. We have only POS system. We are looking complete solutions for the restaurant to track the sales and expenses.

Lightspeed meets all of our needs

We are very happy using lightspeed at both of our restaurants. In the past, when we have a problem, lightspeed has been able to suggest a work around until the problem is addressed with an update.

Pros

Cloud based means we can access POS while away from the restaurant. Easy to use and minimal training required for new staff. New features are added on a regular basis. Customer service is reliable and available.

Cons

We are unable to use our Lightspeed without an internet connection. Unable to unfinalize receipts after 7 days.

Lightspeed POS

Lightspeed has been really good to us over the past 4 years with regards to reports and POS systems.

Pros

The software was extremely customizable and accommodating . There was always an answer and or a work around to getting the setting that you need.

Cons

The price. In my situation I really only need the basics and there isn't a more accommodating price point for the little that I need. Also, they are relatively new to ecom and the add on is way too much for what it is.

Light speed for restaurant

Pros

Simple and user friendly interface allows for quick and easy training of new staff. Menu/price adjustment can easily be implemented on the fly through the back end. Daily sales reports via email allow me to keep on eye on the restaurant when I am not there.

Cons

Dont update accept updates during lunch hour, as it can take a few minutes to update and the software cant be used during that time.

Best on the market

Anytime an issue or a question rise up, the team is super helpful and quick to solve it !

Pros

Best POS system on the market. Period ! The customer service and dummy proof system makes everythiong easy, plus accounting is directly linked. Amazing time saver !

Cons

When you set up your floor plan there is not a lot of choices in terms of ''decoration'' to help new memebers of the team visualise the better.... But truly, that's being a little bit over the top...

Very user friendly!

Pros

User friendly, and excellent technical and customer support. Lightspeed has lot of options for formatting the POS, which is an asset to any restaurant.

Cons

Using the restaurant version, there are a few limitations. First, there is limited to no inventory management. As well, there is no way to have a negatively priced product (for example if someone returns something)

Great system

Great system great support great company Any problems we have had have been addresses and all to our satisfaction

Pros

Stable uses Apple network. Very stable Price very moderately price with loads of features Equipment using Apple products cannot get better

Cons

Some ticket layout problems. But fix things monthly Need a router with a 3G back up Incase the internet goes down

From Implementation to working in Remote locations, effortless and efficient.

Lightspeed was very easy to implement, it's cut down on the time required to order and receive stock into inventory and do cycle counts to keep our inventory levels accurate. We use Light Speed to offer credit to some accounts, managing credit accounts is efficient and easy. we also take some of our terminals to Trade Shows for selling products and remote set up is always quick and effortless, the processes flow as smoothly as if we were back in our store. Processing orders is quick and effcient, and has helps us to increase the level of customer serivce and experience in our store and at Trade Shows. - Sean Craig Senior Manager of Corporate Credit Factors Group of Nutritional Companies ltd.

Pros

Ease of set up and Use Portability Inventory Management Interface Customer Support times/response Credit Account Management Individual log-ins for staff for performance tracking Excellent Reporting

Cons

Receipt Customization would be nice Receipt do not print Credit Account information as it was at time of sale, but as it is when you reprint, having archived receipts would help with reconciling accounts with customers when questions arise.

Affordable and reliable

Been reliable part of our business for over 4 years now.

Pros

Most affordable option for POS on the market that is compatible with revenue Quebec and MEV machines.

Cons

Occasionally updates take a few minutes, otherwise we have very few issues in the last 4 years since we started using Lightspeed

Impressive

Pros

I'm owner of a coffeeshop but also a mom of 2 young kids so the fact that I can manage my business from wherever I need, even on my phone is amazing! Also so much potentiel to help optimize every aspect of the business. Great and efficient customer support also!

Cons

It would be even better if it was independant from WI-FI

Great POS system

Lightspeed has helped to reduce costs and save time for my business.

Pros

Lightspeed has been great for my restaurant (Centrale Bergham West Island). They've helped me save time and reduce costs with their intuitive system, and every time I have a question or concern they are happy to help me and solve my issues. You can't find a better POS on the market.

Great Product

Pros

How easy it is to use, the user interface and experience is very straightforward. Great support.

Cons

The reporting visualizations could use some work

Absolutely beneficial software and amazing customer service!

Recommend this product and company to all business!

Pros

How easy it is to use and train staff to use it. The fact that customer service is available all the time.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.