Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.96/10

See full reviews by rating

Staff loves the ease of use of the front end. I love the simplicity of updating the online site, the data available for export in the office, and the full integration with our other software.
We like the ease with which new staff can learn to use this software. We also like the clarity with which the back end is organized, and the support available to help us learn the various features.
The setup was really straight forward and there has been such great customer service for any questions or issues that have come up. It's very user friendly and easy to train new staff on.
Some time later, I requested that they send me the rest of the registers that I needed as I had originally requested and chalked the wrong number up to a mistake.
Sales Team - Arrogant and dishonest. Billing - Sly and deceitful.
I messed up when I quickly glanced at the invoice of equipment they sent me and didn't see the discrepancy in the quantities.

AD

Alexandra D.

Best on the market

Anytime an issue or a question rise up, the team is super helpful and quick to solve it !

Pros

Best POS system on the market. Period ! The customer service and dummy proof system makes everythiong easy, plus accounting is directly linked. Amazing time saver !

Cons

When you set up your floor plan there is not a lot of choices in terms of ''decoration'' to help new memebers of the team visualise the better.... But truly, that's being a little bit over the top...

RP

Rob P.

Great system

Great system great support great company Any problems we have had have been addresses and all to our satisfaction

Pros

Stable uses Apple network. Very stable Price very moderately price with loads of features Equipment using Apple products cannot get better

Cons

Some ticket layout problems. But fix things monthly Need a router with a 3G back up Incase the internet goes down

HB

Harkirat B.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Lightspeed Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how it comes with so many features that are useful in our business. It is very organized and you are able to look up records and sales from years passed and compare which allows you to grow your business.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I dont like

SC

Sean C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

From Implementation to working in Remote locations, effortless and efficient.

Lightspeed was very easy to implement, it's cut down on the time required to order and receive stock into inventory and do cycle counts to keep our inventory levels accurate. We use Light Speed to offer credit to some accounts, managing credit accounts is efficient and easy. we also take some of our terminals to Trade Shows for selling products and remote set up is always quick and effortless, the processes flow as smoothly as if we were back in our store. Processing orders is quick and effcient, and has helps us to increase the level of customer serivce and experience in our store and at Trade Shows. - Sean Craig Senior Manager of Corporate Credit Factors Group of Nutritional Companies ltd.

Pros

Ease of set up and Use Portability Inventory Management Interface Customer Support times/response Credit Account Management Individual log-ins for staff for performance tracking Excellent Reporting

Cons

Receipt Customization would be nice Receipt do not print Credit Account information as it was at time of sale, but as it is when you reprint, having archived receipts would help with reconciling accounts with customers when questions arise.

PS

Pascal S.

Affordable and reliable

Been reliable part of our business for over 4 years now.

Pros

Most affordable option for POS on the market that is compatible with revenue Quebec and MEV machines.

Cons

Occasionally updates take a few minutes, otherwise we have very few issues in the last 4 years since we started using Lightspeed

RL

Ryan L.

great service

Pros

lightspeed has been wonderful to work with. easily update and change menu its at the Chilliwack airport restaurant. customer service is always easy to deal with

Cons

needs to have easier ways to upgrade equipment,

KB

Kesha B.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Go with something else!

If it was up to me, I would cancel our contract.

Pros

Fairly easy to set up for basic items. Not much else is easy with this.

Cons

Anytime we lose power, printers will not work and requires a 45 min - 1 hour call with support. Cannot set up a tab using a credit card at our bar. Tickets print too long with unnecessary information that is redundant. Multi-choice items are difficult to program and then make the order tickets EXCEEDINGLY long. System freezes up when the restaurant is busy causing delays.

Hi Kesha, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value our customers' feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us Toll-Free at: 1-844-365-2868 Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

AK

Assad K.

Great POS system

Lightspeed has helped to reduce costs and save time for my business.

Pros

Lightspeed has been great for my restaurant (Centrale Bergham West Island). They've helped me save time and reduce costs with their intuitive system, and every time I have a question or concern they are happy to help me and solve my issues. You can't find a better POS on the market.

MJ

Maïna J.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Impressive

Pros

I'm owner of a coffeeshop but also a mom of 2 young kids so the fact that I can manage my business from wherever I need, even on my phone is amazing! Also so much potentiel to help optimize every aspect of the business. Great and efficient customer support also!

Cons

It would be even better if it was independant from WI-FI

MR

Max R.

Great Product

Pros

How easy it is to use, the user interface and experience is very straightforward. Great support.

Cons

The reporting visualizations could use some work

RS

Rana S.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Absolutely beneficial software and amazing customer service!

Recommend this product and company to all business!

Pros

How easy it is to use and train staff to use it. The fact that customer service is available all the time.

RG

Raphael G.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Simplicity with a complex offering

Having worked in the industry for 8 years, i have experienced different POS's systems. LightSpeed really offers a easy to use and user friendly platform, which makes working in high paced environments efficient. Also there customer service is really responsive, which is very useful in the restaurant industry. Strongly recommend.

Pros

-Ease of use -No matter the restaurant type, multiple layouts possible -Very aesthetic

Cons

-Better reporting, but they are very aware and working on resolving these issues.

SL

Samantha L.

Loving Lightspeed

Pros

It is easy to use and set up. I can make modifications from my phone or the computer. I can check reporting easily and quickly.

Cons

The set up of the tables for the restaurant. There wasn't many choices and when you have more than one room it can be difficult.

RF

Riccardo F.

Great iPad based POS System

Pros

This is a great iPad based system for restaurants, very easy to use and easy to setup it can work with existing printers, etc

Cons

Quite expensive as they charge monthly and the support isn't the greatest, I think they have one person running support for all of Canada

CC

Caitlin C.

LIGHTSPEED Restaurant POS Review

Pros

What we liked the most about Lightspeed's software is how customizable it is! Lightspeed provides us with just the right amount of options to customize it to our liking. This is exactly what we needed for our dine-ins and catering!

Cons

We have yet to find something! So far, we have not come across any complications while using this software and we are very much happy with it!

DW

Daelan W.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Good inventory Management Features

Pros

The tool does a great job of multi-location inventory management. The metrics are also very useful.

Cons

The software doesn't integrate natively with Shopify so we had to use a 3rd party integration to get it to work. It was messy.

GJ

Garlock J.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Lightspeed restaurant software review.

Pros

The lightspeed restaurant software has been great. It allows us to streamline ordering and allows us to provide a great experience for both the customer and the employee.

Cons

Lightspeed restaurant software is great, but definitely took us a while to implement the program and become efficient with it. We brought in a l

MM

Mona M.

Great POS system

Pros

fast, many features, easy to use, full access anywhere you are, great reports for your company

Cons

It has glitched before, all add ons are extra

AA

Angela A.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Not for a bar and terrible customer service

Basically I’ve spent 3 months begging someone to help me figure out how I can best tailor the system to my needs. No one cares. Their system limps along at Best and they just don’t care. They also can no longer take tap or touch less payment.

Pros

Great gooey, product buttons adjustable, and reaction of buttons.

Cons

Customer service sometimes takes an hour to respond. Only level one available to speak. Cash drawers severely limited in features. My credit card processing is not working and Lightspeed knows says it’s a setting. They will look at it “next week” And they did take Google and Apple Tap payment but recently stopped

TV

Trey V.

Switched from Lightspeed

Would highly recommend for any small business.

Pros

We liked the ease of use with this POS as well as the exceptional support that was provided throughout the setup.

Cons

Some of the reports that I was used to using were an extra charge in lightspeed, but otherwise no complaints.

HT

Hiro T.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Need improvement. But good for small business

If you own small restaurant, you may consider this POS. But they are newbie from retail POS. So if you dont require to many modifier, this is good.

Pros

Cheap. You can use your own payment getaway, your own devices and it is pretty easy to setup. Good user interface so it is easy to train someone.

Cons

Lack of integration and API. Needs improvement for some features. I doubt that it is designed for large environment.

MM

Mathieu M.

Restaurants,

User for 6 months with two stations and in house server

Pros

The support is the best i've seen in the POS industry so far and I've dealt with a few POS systems across my companies. The system is fairly easy to learn and pretty customizable. I've only had minor issues with network ips and printer setup etc for my specific setup but support were very helpful and caring. My setup is a cafe style without table service and with a drive thru.

Cons

There's some missing functionalities for Canadians but it seems to be in the works. We've had issues balancing our tills buf finally figured out gift cards are not handled correctly by the system... Supposed to be fixed.

pp

peter p.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Back end down for Two days - First line support ultra weak - Advance Reporting is basic

For basic questions they are great. When something goes into chaos you will be down and will just have to deal with it as they are slowwwwwww at resolving issues (could be a full days or a week) that have major affects on your business. Be ready to manually have to do a lot of Reconciliation. And be ready to have High Blood pressure..

Pros

Fairly simple to use, super basic questions get quick answers.

Cons

First line support can be done by my 13 year old, Advance Reporting is more along the lines of Basic reporting, Found issues in Reporting where numbers do not add to be the same as Daily Reports (no answers). Support has a hard time following any type of logic instead they get hung up on stuff that has zero relevance.

RS

Ryan S.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Incredible Platform

Pros

The user friendly back end and POS display are exceptional! Very easy to use, and very easy to keep updated!

Cons

Some reporting could be more details - a few items are tough to track!

EG

Emmanuel G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great product and good support

great experience, ease of product use, and good support along with it.

Pros

Makes managing reservations very easy. d

Cons

needs to have an integrated widget for websites not supported by their software. or a link where clients can book a reservation.