Ignition Logo
Ignition

Client engagement and commerce platform for professionals

visit website

Ignition Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.18/10

See full reviews by rating

Amazing - support team are great, I was set up and they even did some graphic design on our brochure. Ten minutes in I felt supported and knew it was the right decision.
Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them.
Very pleasant to deal with and certainly knows his stuff. Please pass on our thanks.
No smartphone app/access. Delay in receiving client funds when not using credit card.
The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.
Everything you need except that one FATAL FLAW.

Ignition users...

Proposify-logocaret

Proposify

Microsoft Word-logocaret

Microsoft Word

How would you rate Ignition?

So easy and EFFICIENT

Transcript

Andrew: My name is Andrew, and I'm the Director. I give Practice Ignition a five stars. For more reviews...

Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy.

Pros

The three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are: 1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal. 2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before...

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are: 1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs 2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date. My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!

PI for App Advisory Services

The team at PI are really helpful, from our initial conversations with them, to onboarding and set up, right through to our firm-wide roll out. They are quick to response to emails and jump on Zoom calls as and when needed. The software itself is easy to use and the UI is intuitive. Its been a learning curve for us around setting up our service library but the team have been on hand to give direction throughout. We're now starting to look at the added extras like webconnectors, videos and expending our service library to include traditional compliance services too.

Pros

This software has helped streamline our service offerings for app advisory service, helped our outline exactly what is involved or included in the scope, and more importantly what isn't. We've had great feedback from our customers when receiving proposals, and we can now create and send proposal in minutes whereas it used to take an hour or more to draft emails explaining it all. The speed of response from clients is amazing, and the turnaround from offering a service to acceptance and deployment of a job is a game changer for us.

Cons

There has been some internal resistance to using the software as accountants like to rely on the old methods of sending out paper forms to get signed off. However, it the app advisory space, we were able to use this to our advantage and get some real traction with the product before starting to roll it out across the more traditional areas of the business.

Ignition great for electronic signatures, not great on reporting

Pros

Ignition is a great all in one platform if you're not relying on them for reporting. Their electronic signature abilities let you stay inside of the proposal which helps with client retention. The flexibility of crafting proposals is very good too.

Cons

The only and largest downside for me is reporting and it's made me consider other options.

Everything you need except that one FATAL FLAW

I have tested 100's or Accounting Practise Management Quoting & Re-Occurring Billing systems in my many years as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and found that of all of them, right now (August 2021), Practise Ignition has the most features you need as an Accountant to run a fully remote and automated firm. HOWEVER, that said, even with all these amazing features that are all in this one software (many are...

Pros

The best features include: -Ability to have your lead enter their own Credit Card or Bank Account information so it stays secure when they go to accept the proposal -Re-Occurring Monthly Payments with the ability to set a custom reoccurring date -Ability to add an On Acceptance and On Completion payment as custom dates along WITH a Monthly Re-occuring payment on one proposal -Full Integration with...

Cons

FATAL FLAW: NO REFUNDS & MONEY TAKES TOO LONG TO HIT BANK ACCOUNT (4 to 6 days) You can not give your client a Refund in Practise Ignition. That's right, NO REFUNDS. SO if you charge your client the wrong amount by mistake, or need to un-do an amount after they have canceled service, you can't push a button anywhere in this software to give your client a refund. You have to contact PI and ASK...

Ignition for Beginners

Pros

As a novice using the Ignition for proposals made productivity and client use easy and efficient. The integration of Xero for invoicing, deposits and generated reports makes daily tasks more efficient. Customer service is the best service for first time users. The staff is always friendly, patient and professional.

Cons

Currently, my lack of use with the payment feature is my sore spot. However, every time I contact Customer Service the issue is resolved and my understanding is increased.

Best Proposal Software Available!

It has been so easy to work with Practice Ignition, and anytime I can't figure out how to do something, our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really quick to help me! He even created a workflow map for our process which showed us what we needed to work on/could automate to help our business even more!

Pros

We initially switched to Practice Ignition because it had the ability to collect payments when clients signed proposals plus it could do the reoccurring billing for us at the same time instead of us having to set it all up in QB. Clients can update their own payment settings, an the proposal process is really easy. Recently, they made changes which allow us to present multiple options within one proposal, as well as do variable billing and it has made things even better! Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them! They really understand what we need for proposals and the bulk creation through support will definitely be helpful when tax season comes!

Cons

The thing we liked the least was we couldn't send options within the same proposal like we did in our old proposal software, but that's changed now! I think the only other issue we really still have is the ability to collect international payments

We would be lost without Ignition

Super easy to use, the team are so friendly and supportive, clients find it very professional

Pros

We've been using Ignition since 2013 and find it very easy to use. Clients also like the experience, and find it very professional. It's very customisable, allows us to send quotes and proposals very quickly.

Cons

Would love pricing to be built into the software. We currently build fee quotes in a google sheet.

First Impressions

We choose to work with apps who are listening to us and not just telling us what we can have. The team at Ignition keep the improvements and training coming to keep us engaged. Its always exciting to see what they are working on to streamline our engagements even more.

Pros

You only get one chance to make a first impression. Present your client with a professional branded brochure and proposal from Day 1.

Cons

Options are only available for larger practices.

Ignition is one of the key programmes in my app stack

Been amazing from the first call to current use

Pros

The ease of use and the in-depth onboarding made sure my templates were ready and easy to access. It allows me to send through proposals quickly and track if or how often they have been viewed

Cons

In South Africa, we don't yet have stripe to its not linked to any other subscription payment method compatible in South Africa

Ignition makes sending contracts a breeze

Excellent

Pros

Setting up templates and ease of customization

Cons

Billing wording options is limited Cannot add separate signing option for particular sections

This software changed my life

Amazing - support team are great, I was set up and they even did some graphic design on our brochure.. ten minutes in I felt supported and knew it was the right decision!

Pros

The ability to look and feel like a big professional outfit even when you are a small firm. Our proposals look just as good as any prepared by the mid tier. The automatic billing and collections plus engagement letters and proposals literally save me hours on hours of work!!

Cons

The last piece for me is the direct debits in NZ - other than that it's perfect!!

Best proposal software for technology-driven accountants

Pros

It is very user-friendly and works amazingly within the Xero ecosystem. Our entire team uses it daily and pairing it with Loom videos it really brings a WOW-factor to our clients. Our Onboarding close rate definitely increased significantly!

Cons

It’s not a full fletched CRM like Insightly or Hubspot of course but can’t complain for the subscription price. More reporting around leads tracking and product type sale % will be awesome to have.

I absolutely love Practice Ignition

Practice Ignition has made engaging with our clients a seamless process. We deal with a large volume of clients and with how easy and efficient the systems are, we are able to quickly send proposals, collect payment with virtually no administrative burden, and have great reporting around every step of the process. I can not recommend this product enough, it is truly one of my favorite programs that we work with inside of our firm and the the support team is just as great to work with! Thank you so much!!

Pros

- Fast - Intuitive - Option to collect payment in order to sign - Low amount of admin needed - Amazing support team, fast turn around - Scalable - Open to feedback, they actually listen!!

Cons

I legitimately do not have a single con that I would give. the only thing even close would be there is not currently a way to display a discount for a service item directly from the standard cost of the service. This is something that I have left feedback on and is already slated to be adjusted in a future update. to my previous point, they actually listen to feedback which is amazing.

PI has been a game changer for our business in a period of growth

We were spending a lot of time on engagements, especially as a growing practice. We also were making mistakes (as using word) and PI has proved invaluable. We started using it in 2017 and would highly recommend to businesses who need to engage clients / send terms of business etc. We link with XPM and Xero, and I think we need to iron out a few issues (mostly XPM related!), but could not be without it. What used to take a few hours and not look great, now takes 5 minutes and creates a great first impression. We attach our brochure and kick of the process of engagement / job set up / invoicing etc. Also better control over changes in terms etc - just one place to keep up to date.

Pros

A one stop shop for a great looking engagement letter that links to our job management system, creating the jobs and importing the client info.

Cons

I look forward to more features being added with the integration with XPM, so recurring dates can be more flexible, budgets imported against jobs. But I am confident this is advancing all the time which is great.

We Love PI!

We love Practice Ignition it has been the platform we have built our business growth on for the past 4 years since implementation. We have grown 10% per year since then; and the fact that everything is streamlined from proposal to billing to collections to accounting in our QB company file has been a game changer. We are spending far less time doing administrative tasks and our accounts receivable has gone from over $80K per month to less than $20K at any given time. I would highly recommend this app to any practice that is looking to grow and sreamline! Five Stars! We love PI!

Pros

The ease of use and the interface to the client. Getting paid right away for our services and integrating into our firm's QBO so that we can easily track our clients' billing. The training and support offered are very valuable.

Cons

We would like to be able to issue refunds to our customers using PI but thus far we are not able to. Also we would like to build in a surcharge for credit card payments but that is not an option.

my review

Truly fantastic customer support and onboarding support. they have gone way over above and beyond to get us up and running

Pros

Deals with onboarding compliance like letter of engagement and taking payment option

Cons

no complex billing scheduling (coming soon)

AR Automated

First class experience with the whole PI team and the PI software. As mentioned above, it is a game changer for us.

Pros

We have been using Practice Ignition for over three years now. its a no-brainer and a game changer. Having my AR 100% automated has saved us a lot of time performing AR/Collection tasks. It also greatly helps with our cash flow as it auto charges each client each month at the begging of the billing period as opposed to the end. PI is easy to use and does it all.

Cons

It does take 5-7 business days to receive the deposit, but I believe this is beyond the control of PI.

Practice Ignition is a Game Changer

This product has a lot of functionality but the engagement letter process gets an A+. It provides a very professional and polished presentation for our clients. It is also easy to use and implement.

Pros

Practice Ignition delivers a professional, eye catching engagement letter quickly and efficiently. The support team goes out of their way to ensure a successful implementation and the product is easy to use.

Cons

One drawback is that the support team is located in Australia which poses some timing challenges.

The best tool for ready-made proposal templates.

For me, Practice Ignition is really good software and has helped me a lot in uplifting my business and it has proved as a game-changer for me with its extraordinary features. By using its readymade proposal templates I have managed to save a lot of time thus giving it to my clients and I have seen a customer engagement prompt and simple too with practice ignition. Also by its automatic payment, we don’t have to bother our customers every month.

Pros

I have seen it as a really good and helpful software that has eased my work as it has combined different objectives and tasks and provided them to me on a single platform thus making work more efficient and less time taking. I must admire its ability of Direct debit collection and invoices in soft. It has transformed the power of a single click as I can now send a large engagement with just a single click. It is structured and well organized and with it, I am not able to keep track of proposals which has helped me in modifying my relation with my clients thus resulting in client satisfaction.

Cons

The switching option between different templates is also missing in it and also a single proposal sent with a single option bothers me as I think there should be an option of multiple options in single.

Absolutely love PI

Practice Ignition has been a game changer for us from the moment I pulled the trigger on it. It revolutionized our process for creating proposals, is an enormous time saver and it creates a process that is standardized and consistently the awesome experience we want our clients to have. We close more engagements and at better fees than ever before. I can't say enough about how it changed my firm and put us on the path to the firm I really want. It was the start of all the progressive ideas we have put into place because it gave me the space and the revenues to recreate my firm. The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.😍🎉👏👍

Pros

It automates the preparation of proposals, it makes them look professional, it allows us to be paid sooner, the team at practice ignition is absolutely incredible.

Cons

Billing clients on an alternative schedule then monthly or quarterly was difficult but they have fixed that problem.

From proposal to client to invoice to paid!

Excellent so far, would definitely recommend it to others

Pros

Love the professional look and feel of the software which gives a great first impression to a new client of what it will be like working with us. Makes managing credit control easy with the integrated payment feature meaning that new clients sign up for Direct Debit as they sign up as a client.

Cons

Really like the new proposal editor but would be great if you could 'convert' a classic proposal to the new style.

Ignition Review

Overall, our experience with Ignition has been extremely positive and well received. It has streamlined our internal workflow, onboarding and engagement processes to facilitate better delivery of value services to our clients.

Pros

Client engagement process together with workflow integration with our practice management system is seamless and efficient. The client user experience has been positive and the automatic fee collection is a convenient and welcomed feature.

Cons

Reporting functions are very basic. Limited capacity to easily and readily identify which proposals require manual invoicing - "On Completion".

Made a massive difference to our firm

Has been great overall but would like more emphasis on those areas we have been highlighting for some time and for which the remainder of the professional also wants

Pros

It was extremely easy to initially implement the support has been second to none making the proposal process so much more professional and streamlined.

Cons

It is difficult for anybody other than the business owner to price as the pricing module is not fit for purpose when it comes to scaling.

Practice Ignition - a life saver!

First class from the very beginning. Could not be more helpful and regularly touch base to make sure all okay and using the software to its full capacity.

Pros

Easy to use software with little tuition required. Set up and off and running sending proposals in no time. Lots of support assistance available with fast response times to queries. It has been a game changer in our company, saving so much time with client proposals and improving our internal efficiencies.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more notes to a client proposal after it is signed. eg. reminders or comments about the proposal or the client.

Practice Ignition Review

It’s been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it’s nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we’d have scored higher.

Pros

We moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.

Cons

By far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can’t be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.