All categories

Practice Ignition

Proposal creation and client onboarding automation

Practice Ignition Reviews

Pros

Amazing - support team are great, I was set up and they even did some graphic design on our brochure. Ten minutes in I felt supported and knew it was the right decision.

Stuart R.

Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them.

Beth S.

Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers, easy to use. Amazing customer service.

Claudia L.

Cons

Sometimes I get lost clicking on things, but it's so minor it doesn't matter. This review requires more words before it submits, but I don't have any - hence this wasteful third sentence.

Leticia M.

No smartphone app/access. Delay in receiving client funds when not using credit card.

Andrew B.

The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.

Tricia O.

4.7

Best Proposal Software Available!

It has been so easy to work with Practice Ignition, and anytime I can't figure out how to do something, our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really quick to help me! He even created a workflow map for our process which showed us what we needed to work on/could automate to help our business even more!

Pros

We initially switched to Practice Ignition because it had the ability to collect payments when clients signed proposals plus it could do the reoccurring billing for us at the same time instead of us having to set it all up in QB. Clients can update their own payment settings, an the proposal process is really easy. Recently, they made changes which allow us to present multiple options within one proposal, as well as do variable billing and it has made things even better! Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them! They really understand what we need for proposals and the bulk creation through support will definitely be helpful when tax season comes!

Cons

The thing we liked the least was we couldn't send options within the same proposal like we did in our old proposal software, but that's changed now! I think the only other issue we really still have is the ability to collect international payments

PI for App Advisory Services

The team at PI are really helpful, from our initial conversations with them, to onboarding and set up, right through to our firm-wide roll out. They are quick to response to emails and jump on Zoom calls as and when needed. The software itself is easy to use and the UI is intuitive. Its been a learning curve for us around setting up our service library but the team have been on hand to give direction throughout. We're now starting to look at the added extras like webconnectors, videos and expending our service library to include traditional compliance services too.

Pros

This software has helped streamline our service offerings for app advisory service, helped our outline exactly what is involved or included in the scope, and more importantly what isn't. We've had great feedback from our customers when receiving proposals, and we can now create and send proposal in minutes whereas it used to take an hour or more to draft emails explaining it all. The speed of response from clients is amazing, and the turnaround from offering a service to acceptance and deployment of a job is a game changer for us.

Cons

There has been some internal resistance to using the software as accountants like to rely on the old methods of sending out paper forms to get signed off. However, it the app advisory space, we were able to use this to our advantage and get some real traction with the product before starting to roll it out across the more traditional areas of the business.

Watch Your Chargebacks

It's going to be easier and to be more in control of my clients since it doesn't matter there's no recourse once Practice Ignition chooses to believe the other person instead of the people paying for the service. I can do the same thing and work directly with any challenges instead of just sucking it up and losing thousands more.

Pros

After getting used to it, it didn't seem bad at first but then the charge backs hit without any formal notice nor warning.

Cons

A former client said they didn't receive the services, Practice Ignition asked me to defend the potential charge back but then it was a waste of my time to do anything because they took back the entire amount, on top of already having charged me for the merchant fees.

Hi Dwayne, My name is Tom Maxwell and I'm on the leadership team at Practice Ignition. I'm truly sorry you had this experience but please allow me to clarify your concerns here: Unfortunately, your client disputed your charge which initiated an immediate reversal by the clients' bank. Immediate reversals are completely out of our control, which is no different to any payment processor, (including...

This software changed my life

Amazing - support team are great, I was set up and they even did some graphic design on our brochure.. ten minutes in I felt supported and knew it was the right decision!

Pros

The ability to look and feel like a big professional outfit even when you are a small firm. Our proposals look just as good as any prepared by the mid tier. The automatic billing and collections plus engagement letters and proposals literally save me hours on hours of work!!

Cons

The last piece for me is the direct debits in NZ - other than that it's perfect!!

Best proposal software for technology-driven accountants

Pros

It is very user-friendly and works amazingly within the Xero ecosystem. Our entire team uses it daily and pairing it with Loom videos it really brings a WOW-factor to our clients. Our Onboarding close rate definitely increased significantly!

Cons

It’s not a full fletched CRM like Insightly or Hubspot of course but can’t complain for the subscription price. More reporting around leads tracking and product type sale % will be awesome to have.

my review

Truly fantastic customer support and onboarding support. they have gone way over above and beyond to get us up and running

Pros

Deals with onboarding compliance like letter of engagement and taking payment option

Cons

no complex billing scheduling (coming soon)

Practice Ignition is a Game Changer

This product has a lot of functionality but the engagement letter process gets an A+. It provides a very professional and polished presentation for our clients. It is also easy to use and implement.

Pros

Practice Ignition delivers a professional, eye catching engagement letter quickly and efficiently. The support team goes out of their way to ensure a successful implementation and the product is easy to use.

Cons

One drawback is that the support team is located in Australia which poses some timing challenges.

I absolutely love Practice Ignition

Practice Ignition has made engaging with our clients a seamless process. We deal with a large volume of clients and with how easy and efficient the systems are, we are able to quickly send proposals, collect payment with virtually no administrative burden, and have great reporting around every step of the process. I can not recommend this product enough, it is truly one of my favorite programs that we work with inside of our firm and the the support team is just as great to work with! Thank you so much!!

Pros

- Fast - Intuitive - Option to collect payment in order to sign - Low amount of admin needed - Amazing support team, fast turn around - Scalable - Open to feedback, they actually listen!!

Cons

I legitimately do not have a single con that I would give. the only thing even close would be there is not currently a way to display a discount for a service item directly from the standard cost of the service. This is something that I have left feedback on and is already slated to be adjusted in a future update. to my previous point, they actually listen to feedback which is amazing.

PI has been a game changer for our business in a period of growth

We were spending a lot of time on engagements, especially as a growing practice. We also were making mistakes (as using word) and PI has proved invaluable. We started using it in 2017 and would highly recommend to businesses who need to engage clients / send terms of business etc. We link with XPM and Xero, and I think we need to iron out a few issues (mostly XPM related!), but could not be without it. What used to take a few hours and not look great, now takes 5 minutes and creates a great first impression. We attach our brochure and kick of the process of engagement / job set up / invoicing etc. Also better control over changes in terms etc - just one place to keep up to date.

Pros

A one stop shop for a great looking engagement letter that links to our job management system, creating the jobs and importing the client info.

Cons

I look forward to more features being added with the integration with XPM, so recurring dates can be more flexible, budgets imported against jobs. But I am confident this is advancing all the time which is great.

The best tool for ready-made proposal templates.

For me, Practice Ignition is really good software and has helped me a lot in uplifting my business and it has proved as a game-changer for me with its extraordinary features. By using its readymade proposal templates I have managed to save a lot of time thus giving it to my clients and I have seen a customer engagement prompt and simple too with practice ignition. Also by its automatic payment, we don’t have to bother our customers every month.

Pros

I have seen it as a really good and helpful software that has eased my work as it has combined different objectives and tasks and provided them to me on a single platform thus making work more efficient and less time taking. I must admire its ability of Direct debit collection and invoices in soft. It has transformed the power of a single click as I can now send a large engagement with just a single click. It is structured and well organized and with it, I am not able to keep track of proposals which has helped me in modifying my relation with my clients thus resulting in client satisfaction.

Cons

The switching option between different templates is also missing in it and also a single proposal sent with a single option bothers me as I think there should be an option of multiple options in single.

Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy.

Pros

The three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are: 1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal. 2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before...

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are: 1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs 2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date. My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!

AR Automated

First class experience with the whole PI team and the PI software. As mentioned above, it is a game changer for us.

Pros

We have been using Practice Ignition for over three years now. its a no-brainer and a game changer. Having my AR 100% automated has saved us a lot of time performing AR/Collection tasks. It also greatly helps with our cash flow as it auto charges each client each month at the begging of the billing period as opposed to the end. PI is easy to use and does it all.

Cons

It does take 5-7 business days to receive the deposit, but I believe this is beyond the control of PI.

Absolutely love PI

Practice Ignition has been a game changer for us from the moment I pulled the trigger on it. It revolutionized our process for creating proposals, is an enormous time saver and it creates a process that is standardized and consistently the awesome experience we want our clients to have. We close more engagements and at better fees than ever before. I can't say enough about how it changed my firm and put us on the path to the firm I really want. It was the start of all the progressive ideas we have put into place because it gave me the space and the revenues to recreate my firm. The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.😍🎉👏👍

Pros

It automates the preparation of proposals, it makes them look professional, it allows us to be paid sooner, the team at practice ignition is absolutely incredible.

Cons

Billing clients on an alternative schedule then monthly or quarterly was difficult but they have fixed that problem.

Practice Ignition - a life saver!

First class from the very beginning. Could not be more helpful and regularly touch base to make sure all okay and using the software to its full capacity.

Pros

Easy to use software with little tuition required. Set up and off and running sending proposals in no time. Lots of support assistance available with fast response times to queries. It has been a game changer in our company, saving so much time with client proposals and improving our internal efficiencies.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more notes to a client proposal after it is signed. eg. reminders or comments about the proposal or the client.

Practice Ignition Review

It’s been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it’s nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we’d have scored higher.

Pros

We moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.

Cons

By far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can’t be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.

Practice Ignition - Review

Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers looking to move to a package / upfront billing model. Particularly good for our firm, as it integrates into our client database, and deploys our job flow once a proposal has been accepted. It also has website connector, so we can sell our services on our website, and initiate the on boarding process from there. Provides analytics and internal notes which is also really helpful. Additional reporting would be nice.

Pros

All in one solution. Client engagement documents, jobflow deployment, billing.

Cons

Can take a while to get your head around.

Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel.

I love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing. Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.

Pros

The software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects. Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.

Cons

The reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.

Tracking categories

Pros

I love that: 1. You can attach a business profile with your proposal 2. Show a breakdown of your services and give a brief description of each. This really adds value 3. Set up reminders for clients to accept proposal 4. Send invoices directly to Xero once a proposal is accepted 5. With the help of Zapier, send work flows to Asana

Cons

The challenge is that the invoices sent to Xero are sent without their tracking categories. One has to manually update these invoices for tracking categories. A feature that send these invoices with tracking categories would be great.

Great website for creating client engagements

Practice ignition save us heaps of time and this means we get to spend more time on value add work rather than chasing bills.

Pros

Practice Ignition has helped get a lot of our clients onto fixed fee payment plans this means we don't have to chase bills and its all easy to manage in one place.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to get set up. I highly recommend using their tutorial videos to get an idea of what the software is capable of.

Create a Proposal - And forget about it. Practice Ignition Thinks for you

We set up all of our billing through Practice Ignition. Clients need to put in their credit card details or banking details before they can accept/agree to a proposal. This means one less thing we need to do - chase payment from our client. The only time we need to do this is if a payment is not able to be collected. Overall, a very simple, brilliant program to use. I love the HelpDesk as they are generally very quick to respond to our queries, no matter how trivial. Setting up a proposal for my Manager to review prior to it being sent is a brilliant little feature also. I recommend trying this for yourself.

Pros

Where to start. From setting up templates for future use, to sending reminder emails of when the proposals are signed, due for expiration, weekly review, to quick turnaround times from the help desk - what's not to like?

Cons

Not to be negative on a great product, but if you're looking for an invoice, you need to open each proposal for the client in the proposals list to be able to access the invoice tab, to search through each invoice to find the one you need. On the upside, as soon as the invoice is raised it sent to Xero which is time saving plus!

Practice Ignition

Good.

Pros

Easy/intuitive to use and well priced. Much more organised than paper engagements.

Cons

Has a few bugs from time to time which prevent it doing what you want it to. Search function not that intelligent, could do with more reporting/data analysis/Excel export functionality. Could also do with the ability to attach more than 1 PDF.

A great product

It has allowed us to move from the more traditional time billing system to a fixed fee program that clients seem to really like. One day we won't need timesheets and this will help us get there!

Pros

I love this program for ease of use. it does what it needs to. I can set quotes to be sent out and when they are accepted they fill in bank details to do direct debit. I don't need to do anything else. I love the new update for recurring billing so I don't have to send out new annual fee quotes if we agree that the same price is still relevant.

Cons

I possibly don't use it to its full capacity as when we started using it the software was very basic but the new updates are making it a bit better. I don't have much negative to say.

Amazing

Epic.

Pros

Scalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation

Cons

Accounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.

Love Practice Ignition

Great results from clients. Makes interactions with clients current & new so much easier, they know what we are offering, price and everything is explained in one document.

Pros

Easy to use and great results. You can set up as many templates as you like.

Cons

Nothing! It's all so very simple, anyone can use it

Thanks for your review Kate! We really appreciate it :)

Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients.

Streamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero

Pros

It is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.