QuickBooks Online Reviews

4.16/5 (2,597 reviews)

Anna Hopkins

Gets the job done-- but very buggy.

Reviewed 2018-10-03

QuickBooks online has its weaknesses and bugs. However, after my research I think it's the best option out there for now.Quickbooks is easy to "plug in" and go... You can use their templates and basic accounts and set up your own accounting system in no time. I had no bookkeeping or accounting experience before using QuickBooks Online, and I was proficient after about 6 months of part-time use. Having an accountant log-in is so helpful in today's world so many people are working from home/ traveling/ etc. It is indispensable for my organization to have an online accounting platform that I, my organization's volunteer treasurer, and our hired accountant can all access from our home computers. As a non-profit organization that only pays a tiny amount of sales tax, that portion of the software is very functional and is one fewer thing I have to deal with. I do not use payroll through this system, so I cannot comment on the functionality of that portion.

Boram Chris Kim

Lesser of two evils

Reviewed 2018-07-27

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Randi Hecht

QBO has been a game changer for my business, but I have a few complaints.

Reviewed 2017-06-07

I converted from QB Desktop Pro to QBO about a year ago, and it has been a game changer for me. Some pros: 1. The design is much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than QB Desktop. I now feel comfortable doing my own reconciliations rather than paying a bookkeeper, as it is much more natural than the steps required before. 2. I can easily add users and therefore don't need to pass the file back and forth. Before, I'd forget that my bookkeeper is working on my file and would make changes, which caused big problems. This is no longer an issue. 3. I can login anywhere. 4. The apps are a big deal for me. For example, I have an app called "Importer Pro" which allows me to import the schedule from my scheduling software. It then automatically generates and invoice for my clients, and it could also automatically generate an invoice for my independent contractors based on the work they do. This saves me about 25 hours per week. I could not have done this with QB Desktop.

Scott Elsom

Great Features. Value for money (at the moment). Poor Customer Service

Reviewed 2018-08-27

Quickbooks Online is great for businesses that have inventory, job management, budgetting or a large payroll. While these features are available with other software (such as Xero)...it is often for an additional cost. QBO includes these features in their offering. Great for retail, manufacturing and distribution-type businesses. For service-based business that focus on services, such as consultants, professionals or creatives I would recommend Xero as a better alternative.Quickbooks Online (for Australia) has great features. It has been around for a long time and has developed a really good platform. Features, such as inventory and payroll are well developed. The reporting available with QBO is excellent - very detailed and flexible.

Cliff Hanks

When it doesn't stink, it's awesome

Reviewed 2018-06-23

Cloud based accounting. Reliability. Various user roles is nice. It's up time is tremendous. It's prettier than it used to be and getting a little prettier by the year. (The Benjamin Button of Software). It doesn't crash in the middle of doing stuff. Their support is very responsive. API plugins. Yeah, high marks, mostly.

Chelsey Lauer

Gives My Small Business a Professional Edge and Makes Accounting a Breeze

Reviewed 2018-03-14
Review Source: Software Advice

This software is simply amazing! I was on vacation in California last year and my business is Kansas City, MO. I had a client reach out needing copies of her service invoices sent to her lawyer by the end of business day. I was able to jump on a computer at the place I was staying and log in to my companies Quickbooks and meet my customer's need. I guess I would have assumed it would work since it is online, but to see it work in a situation like the one I was in, made me extremely happy.Quickbooks Online was a game changer for my business. It has paid for itself 100 times over simply because I can more accurately see where my company is spending money. It also allows me to track where a job came from so I can see, in a matter of seconds, where all my jobs came from and how much I earned. This has helped me stop spending money on marketing or advertising is areas that weren't profitable. The second best thing is that it makes getting customer's copies of their invoices a breeze and looks very professional. We are a small business and referrals are very important and clients feel more secure with a company that has such a professional accoutning system. My third favorite thing is QuickBooks On the Go payment options. It has the lowest processing fee I could find, it is extremely simply to set up and use, and it makes accounting easier because Quickbooks automatically seperates the fee from the profit correctly.

Israel Vainstein

Company cares about their clients

Reviewed 2017-06-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Quickbooks Online is easy to use and smartly built. The company cares about its clients and makes resources available online to solve user problems. There's a large community of advisors and experts on the product that support it. (1) Easily configurable (2) Multi-user accessible anywhere, anytime. (2) Smart connectivity eases data entry and reconciliations allowed on any account. (3) Can be implemented at a moment's notice preferably by knowledgeable users so that the business owners expectations are met. (4) Great reporting features that can be customized and saved by user (5) Features invoice presentation and payment online which facilitate greatly that part of the operation. (6) Gauges build into the product help monitor the health of the business. (7) Accessible directly online by the professional accountant helps the professional time advice the business owners and correct issues. (8) APPS allow the addition of a variety of features to solve specific business problems. (9) Full system audit trails to monitor the integrity of the system (10) System is regularly backed up. (11) Digital documents can be saved within the system's transactions.

Colleen Lloyd-Rboerts

Quickbooks makes DIY bookkeeping easy.

Reviewed 2017-07-27

Easy bookkeeping with all the different report types that we need. We can track divisions as well as overall company income/ expenses. Its very easy to use and pretty intuitive. If you need help a Google search usually helps you find the answer you're looking for. As far as functionality goes, its so easy to use to invoice and track payments. We have subscription based payments as well as payments for services rendered. We also have divisions. Quickbooks Online allows you to track everything together or, in divisions so if we want to see how a division is performing we can. There are multiple ways to track numbers so all of the different reports that are available is just great. I like the online QB because both me and my bookkeeper can log on at any time. The big Pro to QB Online is its integration with so many different softwares and platforms and they even have a WordPress Plugin I believe. We recently started using an online proposal software and it integrates with QB Online so our Bookkeeper no longer has to manually enter in new client info, the proposal software adds all the information for us!

Mercedes Pellet

QuickBooks - the Accounting Software When You Really Want to

Reviewed 2017-06-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been using QuickBooks since 1992 as the CFO for a company with 50 employees. Currently, I am the treasurer for a non-profit and I am again using QuickBooks. I trained our bookkeepers, our financial managers, and worked without accountants to make sure that the software served our needs.QuickBooks is an easy program to use because it is logical, almost intuitive, and it can be adapted to the specific needs of the business. We are audited every year, and QuickBooks provide us with all the information we need and the ability for our Auditor to review it, correct, and verify it through the audit.

Jeff Wichman

Excellent Web Application that's Here to Stay

Reviewed 2017-01-26

We have been using Quickbooks Online since its early release and it has been a pivotal piece of software for our company. QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere. There is no need to have to go to the office to get work done. It can be done 24/7 from anywhere. I work for numerous locations and I am able to update billing and client information without having to go to our office location to get work done. Likewise, I don't have to have a remote server running Quickbooks. While they are improving on the product, there are aspects that are not intuitive. Right clicking and opening in a new tab does not actually duplicate in a new tab. You have to take several more clicks to do so. At first, when using multiple companies, it is difficult to remember what to click to get into the actual company. It seems several tasks take too many clicks then what should be necessary. I feel like there is a lot of competition with them and Xero and these simple interface upgrades would give them more of an edge.It's accessibility from multiple locations and different platforms.

Vickey Richardson

Using QBO for Church and Nonprofit Clients

Reviewed 2018-10-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, I do like QBO and continue to use it for my clients...but definitely has room for improvements ...without raising the monthly fee. It does work well for my remote clients and with Techsoup's partnership with Intuit and help with nonprofits and Lisa London's How to use QBO with churches book that I send to my clients that use QuickBooks Online...it will continue to be a software I recommend. QuickBooks Online works well for many of my church and nonprofit clients. My client, my employees, and myself can all work in the same file at the same time. There are tons of videos and how to books that I can refer my clients to for basic tasks. It's basically easy to use...if set up correctly for a church or nonprofit. The class feature works well for tracking restricted or designated funds. Many apps that I use in my business integrate well with QBO such as Bill.com and Hubdoc.

Anonymous

Top notch customer service and good option for people without much accounting experience!

Reviewed 2018-12-10

QBO helped our medical practice immensely during our first year of business. I feel like QBO enabled our business operations to run smoothly and efficiently. Working with QBO also taught me a lot about accounting in general and gave me confidence as a practice manager. I strongly recommend QBO for individuals who are new to accounting. I have always felt like a valued customer and I am glad that we chose to use QBO for our accounting needs.We opened our medical practice about one year ago and started out with QBO from the very beginning. As a practice manager with limited accounting experience, I was really intimidated at first. I give credit to QBO for turning this around, however. The QBO interface is very clean, easy-to-use and intuitive. On top of that, there are several well made educational webinars & instructional videos/articles that simplified my understanding QBO & accounting in general. To go even further, the customer service is amazing. I have called them with questions on a number of occasions and the QBO reps have been some of the most professional, knowledgeable, patient, articulate, and courteous phone agents I have encountered. Even with challenging situations, I have always felt well taken care of by QBO.

Aaron Frick

The perfect fit

Reviewed 2018-11-11
Review Source: Software Advice

The go-to book-keeping software. It's just right...I love that there are many packages available so that I can get just what I need to fit MY business. There is software out there that is a "one-size-fits-all" and you end up paying for services you don't need or not getting the services you DO need. That's not the case with Quickbooks. I am a contractor and I got Quickbooks Online Plus and I can track projects, 1099's, payroll, and all of the simple book-keeping. The projects feature is amazing as I can categorize transactions per job and know my profitability on a particular job with a few clicks. The reporting is great. I give my accountant the login information and at the end of the year, he logs in and does my taxes for me. The mobile app is perfect for bookwork on the go. Snap a picture of the receipt, tag it to a project and account and it's all taken care of. It links to all my bank accounts and cards so I have everything all in one place. I can access it from anywhere and don't need to download anything as I can use the web app in any browser. It's the perfect fit.

Lindsey Harris

QB Online goes Everywhere with you and is User Friendly

Reviewed 2018-12-10

QB Online has given our company the capability to work remotely and still be able to access all we need through this software. Often times, we have found ourselves needing for draw up bid proposals, check past invoices, and submit payroll while away from the office desktop. QuickBooks Online allows this flexibly to access this information from anywhere with wifi. It also allows several employees to access the information at the same time from varying locations. We have been using this software for nearly 8 years and we have not intentions on using anything else. All accounting duties are done through QB, reconciliations, payroll, payroll taxes, balance sheets, monthly reports, etc. Beyond that we use it for providing bid proposals to our clients. We can easily access past proposals and create invoices directly from them. It has offered us a perfect solution for our accounting and pre-construction daily tasks. QB Online also has the capabilities to sync with TSheets, an employee tracking software that has made the usage of QB online even more user friendly when importing timecards and customer reports.

Tabitha Thompson

Definite learning curve with this software

Reviewed 2017-02-10

I have been using QBO via a web browser, iPhone app, iPad app and Mac based app for about 3 years. There are some cool things available such as reports, the ability to collect payments online, and convenience of mobile apps. However, if you are not familiar with double entry accounting or standard accounting practices, nightmares may ensue. After 3 years, I can manage my small business *most* of the time without having tantrums when things don't match up. I've read a lot online and even ordered books about how to properly use the software and I still have trouble sometimes. I don't think this is the ideal solution for people who want a simple way to track money in and money out. It's probably too complicated for many small business people, including me. The reason I continue to use it is because it's one of the cheaper options and I'm used to it. I've considered switching to waveapps several times and do use that one for some of my business transactions. My advice is that if you're going to use QBO, take time to learn how to set it up and use it correctly. If you don't you may end up spending many hours trying to fix months of incorrect entries. It's kinda complicated!Cheap, accessible, pretty good phone support. Intuit also offers credit card processing which ties in pretty easily with QBO software.

Jaron Hall

I use QuickBooks Online for accounting for my small business

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Saving time and money by not using spreadsheets or relying on an accountant to do everything for me. I studied accounting quite a bit in college, so I know the basics of ledgers, financial statements, etc, so I really do feel confident filing a lot of my reports on my own and using my skills i've learned to save me money. I like how I can use it as the one place to go to find accounting info about my business. My cards are all linked, so I can just visit QBO to see transactions. I use it to run payroll and keep track of employee details for HR purposes. I like how I can use it to file my taxes 80% on my own, with only some assistance from a professional accountant. I can use QBO to run reports to get insights on my finances for budgeting and strategy. Expenses can be kept track of very easily.

Kenan Jaddeny

QuickBooks Online for small businesses

Reviewed 2017-11-17
Review Source: Software Advice

This product from Intuit, easy to use, full functioning as an accounting software for small businesses. you can easy get started within up to 4 minutes, dig in all administration roles, getting familiar with it, and create your own company. follow up your banks accounts through the available integration between this software and your bank. additional to that you can check in any moment the Chang-Log to every one who just post, add, edit any transaction on the system. a great feature through it, the massive available integration with other softwares especially the POS systems like Vend, Revel. it does really save time and money. I do really enjoyed using this software as a small business.

Jake Douglas

Powerful for Cloud-Accounting

Reviewed 2016-11-04

QBO has made some major advances in recent years/months due to the pressure of other cloud-based accounting suites trying to steal Intuit's market share, and these advances have benefited us as end-users. Though the interface and forms-based entry is a little different than the desktop software, the functionality in QBO is realistically quite similar to the Desktop version. I have not found many limitations to QBO that require any kind of work-arounds, but at the same time, I have had some trouble with software bugs and down-time. I don't think I've experienced as much as others I have heard from, but I have run across a few issues. In comparison to the desktop software, the bugs I've encountered in QBO are almost inconsequential. When you have a bug in the desktop software, it is usually a corrupt file or the loss of information, which I have never encountered with QBO. There are a couple bells/whistles that are missing from this, like the ability to print signatures on checks, but I usually recommend against that for safety reasons anyway. On the bright side, I have seen QBO respond to feedback and implement the changes they have heard from customers, so I know that they are continually improving. At this point, I think QBO still stands out above other cloud-accounting software for its power and ability to handle many industries.Power & Functionality in the cloud world.

Olivia Roberts

Just what small businesses need!!!

Reviewed 2019-01-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I just love how easy everything is to do with this software and how considerate the creator of this tool is. I get work done much faster using this in comparison to my old method.1.I love the fact that if you cancelled your account intentionally or by mistake all your data is kept safe for up to 12 months from the day of cancellation, however resubscribing within those 12 months reactivates your account. 2.The dashboard reminds you daily of your income and you previous month expenditures using a donut chart . The home dashboard screen also shows you how much money was earned over the last 30 days. I personally think this is an awesome feature especially if you are trying to reach higher sales targets in the upcoming months and lower your expenditures. 3.Creating new customers are effortless. 4.Adding new products and services and even removing them is just as easy as creating a new customer. 5.Easy to navigate through. 6.The fee Per month is affordable so that's another plus 7. Customer service are reliable and fast.

John Churu, CPA

The Advanced Accounting Tool; QuickBooks Online. So Effecient

Reviewed 2018-10-15

I personally like the functions of QuickBooks Online and the advanced accounting nature for solving all the financial reporting issues. The automation of all the accounting operations makes this product unique and the best. I see it as the improved version of QuickBooks, and I think the vendor is doing great. It is not a complicated item to use. I see it as the best accounting tool. As a professional accountant and auditor, accessing the books of accounts online is one of the best attribute for QuickBooks Online. I can get all the financial items of our organization at any place, anytime. This is wonderful. Besides, it has additional features such as budgeting and asset management, some items that other basic accounting tools such as excel spreadsheet lacks. It is an easy to use platform, and the proces of implementation doesn't take long.

Kelvin Kinyua

Advanced Accounting Product that is easy to Implement and Use. Try it!!

Reviewed 2018-10-15

The accounting problems that our firm faced there before got solved by QuickBooks Online. More so, the process of preparing the books of accounting has been made easier, accurate, and this limits the emerging accounting errors. The stakeholders normally obtain correct financial results as per the organization's progress. I like the fact that the Vendor of QuickBooks noted that all things are turning digital, and this means, he had to improve his item to fit the needs of the users. On of the pros for QuickBooks Online is that it is an online based item. One can have its access anytime, anyplace. Two, QuickBooks Online has all the accounting procedure, and this makes the process of preparing the books of accounting easy, accurate, and reliable. Tracking of any mistakes made is also easy and perfect.

Brett Widmann

Quickbooks Makes My Business Run Smooth

Reviewed 2018-08-22

While I know a lot of people who use other ways to handle and manage accounting, I use and recommend Quickbooks for the simple fact that it integrates with nearly all banks and institutions, and I can send my QB information to my accountant anytime. I'll take peace of mind in exchange for an overwhelming amount of tools and extraneous features any day.As a self-employed web developer, I need all the help I can get with accounting and managing expenses. I first started using Quickbooks Online in 2014, and have seen the product grow and improve significantly over the years. I use the software for invoicing, expenses, 1099 forms, and a few other features. It makes me worry less about accounting and taxes and focus more on what I do best: making the internet a better place, one website at a time.

Terry Jensen

I LOVE QBO, but it still needs some tweeking

Reviewed 2017-12-13
Review Source: Software Advice

One of my QBO Payroll clients has a VERY UNIQUE problem with the naming of a payroll category (Case#516 495 978 and Case#516 903 347). I've called three times for tech support and have been escalated to the Back End team, but each time I'm told that since I'm the only client with this problem it probably won't be resolved because they only address problems with the highest number of complaints. After Jan 1, 2018 I won't be able to process this client's payroll unless the QuickBooks team fixes this problem. It shouldn't take more than a few moments to resolve but QB Back End will not even look at it. So WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE ME? Easy to train new staff on how QBO works. Very intuitive, if you're a new user with a question but you look at the page long enough you'll probably find an answer. I love the screen layout and response speeds . After using QBO for 3 years I don't want to convert back to QB Desktop. All but one of my clients have made the switch to QBO.

Karen Miller

QuickBooks Online - it is there when you need it on every device

Reviewed 2018-06-20
Review Source: Software Advice

QuickBooks online is pretty easy to use for a total non-accountant entrepreneur. Setting it up and using it was pretty easy. Of course I made accounting mistakes along the way as I muddled along but once I hired a bookkeeper, it was easy for her to fix, clean up, and streamline my accounting practices. Even though she had never worked with the online version before, she quickly adapted.QuickBooks Online is just what it says. I never have to worry about saving my work or updates. It just takes care of itself that way. When I am away from my office, I can use my iPad or iPhone to do a quick check on my accounts, edit an invoice and send it on it's way. My bookkeeper has equal access and can create checks and invoices for me to approve. It is seamless.

Taylor Vogan

Way better than QuickBooks Desktop

Reviewed 2018-10-25

QuickBooks is a necessity for any business. I haven't used anything that competes. The online version is way better than the desktop version.I love that everything is in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere. QuickBooks has created a user interface that is intuitive and easy to learn. You don't need to have an accounting degree to be a great bookkeeper because they make it easy.