DrChrono Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

Reviews by rating

DrChromo has a good payment plan compared to other similar EHR which helps to save money. It keeps improving its functionality.
I love the ability to take templates that other users have created and then edit off of those. Also like that square is integrated with it for payment.
The feature we liked best was auto posting of insurance payments. Also, the reporting package had great flexibility.
Its handled by auto generated scripts and it only gets to a live person via email, not a phone call, when the problem is out of hands and escalated by an irate consumer.
Pushy salespeople, bad experience with sales and billing staff, expensive. Took 6 months to integrate billing software with clearinghouse, poor follow up with customer service regarding this process.
Labs are always a problem they never receive it. With that situation of the labs i can tell that maybe is the labs company and not the Drchrono, but im not 100% sure whos guilty for that.

Lauren M.

Account executive

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

DrChrono

Transcript

Loni M.: My name is Loni. I'm a licensed therapist and I give DrChrono a four rating. For more like this...

AP

Abbey P.

overall worth it

We have been using drchrono for over 5 years, we have recently added the billing feature and it is working out great. We love it.

Pros

The software is user friendly and definitely laid out and user friendly like an apple user would expect. The final document is polished around the edges like a mac user would expect. Clean, crisp and user friendly.

Cons

If you do have a problem or a question that requires customer support there is no phone number to call and get immediate help. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. The turn around is usually 24 hours, and if you are not available when they call they leave a number to call them back on. The number then becomes inactive after about 1 month, So you cant keep the number and call in later with a new question.

AS

Amy S.

Massage Therapist Employee at a Chiropractic Clinic

I trust the business savvy of the Chiropractor that I worked for while using this software. He did his research and chose this software despite that it is less catered to a Chiropractic office than a medical doctor's office. There are many good aspects to it. It is ultimately more than what I would need as a Massage Therapist and not enough of what I would need. It was ideal to have it for my notes while being an employee, however. I wish all software had such wonderfully customized SOAP notes!

Pros

The SOAP notes were amazing. Being able to customize how to use them in terms of using intensity number scales, images, drop menus for frequently address muscles and more. It would also flood notes from a previous session, since there are often a lot of similarities, while allowing for easy changes to everything that could have been different that session. Well through thew, easy to use. The best SOAP notes I have ever used from Millennium (2 versions), Clinic Sense, MassageBook, Vagaro & Mind Body. Dr. Chrono is a land slide winner.

Cons

1) The system does not allow for varying appointment times for different types of practitioners. For instance, clients trying to schedule a 10min chiropractic adjustment & 60min massage ONLINE, would have their massage session only block off 10mins of the MT's schedule. (When the MT only had 15mins between clients, the client was led to believe they scheduled their 60min!)This created a lot of confusion...

RR

Richard R.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

DrChrono is the most morally corrupt company that I have every worked with! These people do not care about you or your business. They do care about taking every penny they possibly can from you. In my opinion, these are that absolute worst kind of people on the planet! They are everything that is wrong with the world. If I could give them a negative 1 million, I would. Let me save you a lot of time, money and frustration by learning from my experience and go with a different company! Run, don't walk away from DRchrono and don't be fooled by a nice sounding person on the other end of the line. These people are TERRIBLE!

Pros

The company itself is such a disaster to work with that it would matter if these guys could cure cancer, I still wouldn't work with them. They are the bottom of the barrel of humanity. Utterly disgusting people.

Cons

The company itself. The staff, the managers and most likely all the way to the top. I dont know how they sleep at night. Every employee ought to be ashamed to work for such a dishonest company!

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Very good, support can be faster, down time is a problem, what is better?

Overall, I don't think there is a platform that is a better "value" for your money from BOTH a practice management and charting prospective. If you take the time to set up your system properly, it will work very well for you. Unfortunately, with their fast growth they are having server issues that is slowing the system down at time. This should be resolved and there should be less downtime.

Pros

It is very customization, more than nearly any other option, although there are a few limitations. The clearinghouse is built into the software, which is their best feature. It is easy to use and new providers can be trained in hours (that is correct).

Cons

Billing is not as easily accessible as other areas (a few more clicks than is needed). Logs for lab specimens needs improvement. It needs to be programmed to be used (it is not like an iphone where you are good to go right out of the box). There is downtime that slows or stops practice up to 15 minutes every 3-12 weeks, which is awful. Support is not readily available as it used to be.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and staff is very friendly. :)

Gaining great clients and having the honor to work with such a friendly team. This software makes not only my life easier but everyone else's and I just cant help to spread the word.

Pros

Easy navigation, excellent customer service! The team is always finding ways to make keep customers happy while providing excellent customer service. Also, problem solving skills are A +++. Following up on matters are also handled in a timely manner as well. I can definitely say they are on top of things. I always reefer new clients or practices to them as I know they hae a great reputation and awesome people skills.

Cons

No Cons here. But there is always room for improvement. If i can say one thing regarding improving I can say perhaps follow up speeds? Even though they are awesome at following up already. Every time I called to reach out or they followed up first I can definitely picture the friendly person i'm talking to has a huge smile on their face which is not really a con but I wanted to just throw that out there . :)

Kourosh B.

Bad Product, Bad Support, Bad Outcome

Horrible. My practice is in shambles as a result of this company's misrepresentations. Yet even knowing this the 45 minute talk I had with their director of sales did not include any apologies or remorse for their tactics. It was one of the infallibles shrugging off any responsibility as he looked proudly down upon the sheep. "It's your ex wife not your new one" he said!

Pros

Bells and Whistles looked good and promising for tele health visits and specific customization. Again, a beautiful building set on a faulty foundation.

Cons

In their fervor to make a sale they tell you that you are perfectly fine importing data from your last EMR and ready to go on day 1. After the sale they tell you that they can not predict how the upload will go and you may not have some of your data. In our case, we did not have any of the data! Imagine manually re-entering the data from the last 20 years. Run! Run! Run!

Tyler W.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Amazing, Outstanding and easy!

I dont have to write anything everything is a click away saving massive time!

Pros

I love how everything you need is just a click away! I can access documents for patients and physicians. I always use this system with such ease!

Cons

I have no complaints! There are minor glitches in the system, sometimes information can duplicate but all you have to do is refresh the page and problem is solved!

DrChrono Software

Overall, it has greatly improved the way I run my practice and I don't even use all of the options.

Pros

The billing software is easy to use and has made in house billing much easier. Once you have your macros and templates setup they are very user friendly on iPad.

Cons

There are some slow times. Customer support is not available by phone, but they do get back to you promptly.

Ive used many EMRs. Drchrono is the only EMR that has truly organized my patient's records.

Pros

Easily accessible on all apple devices. Easily create templates that suits your office. Easily create forms to be filled.

Cons

Compared to other EMRs that I have tested and purchased, I still have not found a Con that applies to drchrono.

It helped me get hands-on experience with real world software while still a student

Hands on experience in the classroom, to "play" with the files and different aspects of the software without fear of doing any irreparable damage to real patient files.

Pros

That it is an actual software used by real clients in the healthcare business. The live "feel" made the training very "real" and will shorten any time I spend training on the job.

Cons

That I didn't get paid while I was using it. Seriously, I really liked the software and am not sure I have any cons to share.

LA

Louis A.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Buyer Beware!

I find their business practices shady, customer service says they will respond within 24 hours, which usually took 2-3 days. The business side doesn't care about their customer, they just want your money.

Pros

I thought the scheduling was the easiest part of Dr.Chrono, but that doesn't compare to how money-hungry the company is.

Cons

Prospective customers should know that while it is state law that the doctor maintain the records for a certain number of years, that if you decide, like I did, to leave DrChrono, they refuse to give you future access to any of your medical records. Once my subscription expired they locked me out of the entire system. There was no way to look up any record that I had written. When I mentioned this...

HK

Hamid K.

Spiraling down

I think DrChrono needs to get their act together and address critical issues. To constantly asking customers to add "suggestions" in the "community" page as a deterrence from addressing real problem gets old.

Pros

It is 100% cloud based and ability to use iPAD

Cons

After DrChrono 10 years of service, you'd expect certain abilities to be fully functional. - Filing claims is a nightmare. Every time we load up the CPT codes, i get ERROR SAVING and then we have to start all over again. We spent the last 6 months asking for resolution, no luck. They say we are the only one who has that problem. It is cloud based, not sure why it would be on end when 4 different computers...

Hi Hamid, Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time to submit software feedback to us, and our engineering team is actively looking into your requests to ensure we can make these changes. However, since our software is cloud-based we are not able to make changes on a global scale without thinking of all users. Your account manager has also had consistent calls with the main...

LW

Lee W.

Scam Artists!

My experience is pretty bad with the 'team' at Dr. Chrono. There is no way to actually get in contact with a 'help desk' or to get assistance with issues when the program fails. You must submit a work order and then hope for a call back. The call back, if it EVER comes, is usually 2-3 days later (after submitting a work order). The only people you can easily access is the sales team who always...

Pros

I have been using the program for 5 years. Once I had my templates in place and understood the very quirky way this program builds and imports the note from the multiple page boxes which can be clicked on to create the note, I was able to use the system in a functional way that will create a thorough note which looks legally presentable. However, if you intuitively use the boxes they have set up...

Cons

The program glitches and freezes frequently. They are constantly doing maintenance on the program, which creates days of very slow use and function. The program frequently fails to save information you have entered or edited, which can get you in real legal trouble. If you are not paying attention, a great deal of information may be missing from your notes due to these glitches and system failures. Unfortunately, once you are invested in a program, it is a real hassle to switch, as many of us know. So I suffer through these issues, understanding that in 5 years of use, the problems have not improved-they've actually worsened.

Amanda R.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

DrChrono SCAM! Full Year Contract Charged - Never Able to Use!

-Expensive – full charges also apply while in training -Software and training are complicated. Takes time to schedule with trainers in India and complete -Only works with Apple/IOS -No phone support whatsoever! – email only and it’s not helpful if/when you finally get a response -Training & Tech support in India (opposite time zones) and takes at least 3 days for reply if you get one

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] presented DrChrono as a great software for our new, small mobile medical business. However, one month into our 12-month contract, that all went out the window. The product NEVER worked for our business as described. We didn’t even get out of the “product training” before we ran into some issues. Admittedly, one issue was on our side, but the rest was on DrChrono. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]...

Cons

They're very expensive, especially when most functions of the software will not work in the field (at least for our mobile biz) and if you want anything to work in the field, you must have the most current and expensive Apple (IOS) products to run the app for each one of your people in the field. For us, that was not attainable and of course these important details were not disclosed to us before we signed a year contract with them. They offered no support by phone and eventually none by email either. Any questions we had, no matter the urgency, could only be submitted by email and it would take at least 3 days for someone in India to email back with a non-applicable/non-helpful answer.

KD

Kofi D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Good but could be a lot better

Pros

1. It has a very elegant and eye pleasing layout which is the main reason I believe I tried this software. Navigating through the system is overall intuitive and generally easy to use. 2. It has a great functionality with the IPAD and that is why it has been awarded the best system on the IPAD. I don't even use my lap top to see patients. I use my iPad and then I supplemented this with my lap top....

Cons

1. Lack of awareness of what a true legal chart is: As much as I like this system, this is the main reason why I may have to leave and find another system. They are totally clueless as to the difference between what a end-user sees in the software and what the complete chart looks like when requested from an outside source. There is a huge difference and the company do not appreciate this difference....

Hi Dr. Doonquah, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the list of product features that have been working well for you. We are very proud of our award winning cloud-based EHR platform. As for the challenges you’ve mentioned, I would like to clarify some of the points that you may not be familiar with below: Phone call logs: You do not need to print/download each phone call to log it into your...

HO

Hugo O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Had a good run but it's time to move on.

Overall, my experience with DrChrono is neutral. It started off as a great product but went downhill quickly towards the end.

Pros

When we initially became a user we loved the customization of the software. Even though it was geared towards medical professionals we were able to create daily note templates, appointment templates, etc. that were unique to our chiropractic practice.

Cons

Ever since a software update earlier this year (2019 at the time of writing this) the software has been slower and floundering in certain areas (i.e. daily note generation, scheduling, and authorization tracking). In addition, the support provided by DrChrono went from being top notch to lacking in that we would wait for up 24 hours before hearing from someone only to have our issue not resolved.

We are sorry to hear about any technical problems that may have impacted your practice. Please feel free to reach back out to your account manager so that we can swiftly resolve any issues you may still be experiencing. We look forward to hearing from you!

AT

Alex T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Too expensive for a small clinic

Pros

I like the ability to chart from my iPhone. I can do the entire patient encounter, including posting of codes this way.

Cons

1. They increse the cost without warning or new contract. I’m not sure if it’s legal, but it sure is annoying and seems unethical. It’s getting to be too expensive for what they offer for us. 2. The online scheduling is not very good for us because we have different providers that offer different services as well as different locations. We used to use a free online scheduling software for patient bookings and it was 10 times better.

Hi Alex, thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad to hear the mobile features are working well for your practice. We understand you are working closely with your Account Manager on the other items listed, and thank you for your patience and continued partnership! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. - The DrChrono Team

BM

Bella M.

Great EHR

Our practice has been Dr. Chrono for almost 5 years, and it was one of the best changes we have ever implemented. When the physician I work told me that we were switching EHRs, I was hesitant and nervous about learning how to use a new software. To my surprise there was little to no learning curve, when it came to learning how to use Dr. Chrono. Not only was it easy for staff to learn how to use Dr....

Pros

Being able to access our schedule and patient records from anywhere on any device has made it easier to work in and out of our offices.

Cons

One feature that I would like see improved is the "send e-mail" feature. Our office likes to send e-mail newsletters to our patients about every 3-4 months. It is nice that we can use Dr. Chrono, because all of our patient's e-mail addresses and mailing preferences are already in their records. Dr. Chrono is a bit limited when it comes to adding any e-mail content beyond simple text. It would be very helpful, if this was updated and eliminate our need to have another company that we use for sending e-mail blasts.

AM

Andrew M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Our nearly 4-year experience with Dr. Chrono has been frustrating and confusing, to say the least.

There are numerous bugs in the program that we've reported to Dr. Chrono, but they never reply with a straight answer. Patient reminders are unexplainably failing to send, appointments are randomly deleted or rescheduled, but Dr. Chrono does not provide any real help. They work diligently to make sure you are never able to contact them by phone. Even if I call my personal account manager's number, an automatic voicemail plays asking me to submit a support ticket. A support ticket that will not be responded to for days, and most likely you will just get referred to someone else who will ALSO NOT have a solution for you. I'm actually appalled at their lack of awareness in terms of never providing solutions.

Pros

Advanced Reports .

Cons

Ineffective and laughable support team and ticket system, dysfunctional patient reminder system, multiple unaddressed bugs in the system, unapologetic lack of urgency, and complete lack of communication.

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know. Our record indicates that your account manager is in contact with you to help you resolve any issues you may be experiencing. Please also open support tickets so that our customer support team can assist you as well. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help further.

MD

Mickey D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Much Room for Improvement

Their customer service is broken, to the point that if you have suggestions for them, they direct you to a forum where your post will be never be read by the "developers".

Pros

I think the product does a good job at collecting information, and makes it easy to store important health data for patients.

Cons

Not very good at generating reports. Does not organize data in the way that would work best for my company. Customer service is poor.

Hello Mickey, Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We take each and every feedback seriously, and would like the opportunity to make this right. Your account manager has already reached out to you and we would like to work with you directly to provide the appropriate training on various reports the system can generate. We would also like to mention that our developers are taking...

DB

Darren B.

NOT FOR AESTHETICS!

This product was sold to us as being targeted towards aesthetics practices. Garbage. In virtually every instance medical aesthetics employees are commission based and there are no provisions for that in the system. You can also not effectively have your product inventory managed unless you never discount your products, and never pay commission to anyone who sold them. If you do, be prepared for lots...

Pros

I like that it has the iPad app to use at check-in.

Cons

It does not work in a commission based practice

Hi Darren, Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We take our user experience and feedback very seriously. DrChrono EHR works well for many aesthetics and medical spa practices and we have numerous customers that are currently using our system very successfully. However, we understand that every practice has unique or specific desired features needed to fit their workflow. I have...

MS

Maureen S.

Used other for 6-12 months

Customizable, but lacks richness of features

This still feels like a relatively young product with great potential. The price is very appealing. There are lots of bugs in the system and kinks that need to get worked out. It can be a challenge to get through to folks who know what they are talking about. The basic support is only good for incredibly simple things. If a bug in the software is detected, it can be a nightmare to get through to the right person to actually correct the problem.

Pros

-Ease of changing documentation templates on the fly- I can update the way my practice documents quickly and easily -Cheap -Relatively intuitive user interface -Simple platform does not require extensive training for new users -Growing and developing product: drchrono has made consistent updates and improvements in the last year, and I expect them to continue to improve over time.

Cons

-It is difficult as an administrator to "push" customizations such as medication favorites or folder structures for tasks being worked by back office staff to users. You have to log in as the user to make these kinds of updates for each staff member. -There is limited ability to link and report on data inside of the clinical note. -There is no calculating of scores (such as PHQ9 or other screening...

VA

Van A.

switched from Practice Fusion now stuck with a contract fee

Tried to switch from Practice Fusion to it, but it has been a nightmare. Now we are stuck paying for a more expensive EMR for a year, during a year contract, that we will not use because it puts me behind in seeing patients by at least 30 minutes.

Pros

The note writing and ability to create your own forms is very good. They really show this off to you when they are demonstrating the software. They do not show the other things involved in day to day practice such as ordering labs (terrible in the ipad app), medications (is terrible in the ipad app), creating messages (they use a terrible task system), or finding ICD-10 codes (worst icd-10 search engine I have ever encountered).

Cons

Everything that was not note writing. If they would have shown all the other things you do in day to day practice during the demo, I do not think I would have got this software. The guy doing the demo talked about other EMRs causing death by a thousand clicks. Well this emr may not cause death by a thousand clicks with the note writing but everything else you need to do such as ordering labs, medications, billing, messaging, all take so much time that it eliminates any of the time saving in the note writing.

Hi Van, Thank you for reaching out. Your implementation specialist has been in contact with you and has set up your account to be ready for use. In regards to the difficulty, you have been having with our lab integration, our Head of Implementation Team was able to get in touch with you and is currently working with your team to come to a resolution. We look forward to working with you and thank you for your patience as we work with your team. Best, The DrChrono Team

BF

BJ F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

When it work's, it is pretty good. When it doesn't (often) you are basically on your own...

The tech issues are frequent and incredibly disruptive. I've had one issue which had a significant impact on collections and revenue - and DrChrono would not offer anything more than their apologies. They don't stand behind their product or customers. Dr Chrono support is very slow to respond and often unhelpful when they do. They unfortunately lock you into a 1 year agreement, and anytime you want to add a provider or team member, they make you lock that in to the agreement as well.

Pros

Very well-rounded software. Scheduling and billing functions are very solid. Nice that it is web-based and it is relatively easy to use.

Cons

VERY frequent tech issues - including: changes to schedule or billing information not saving, errors in claims going out, sometimes not being able to log in at all. Software is also not very customizable. You have to adapt your workflow to them, they do not adapt or help tweak for you.

TD

Timothy D.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Highly efficient all-in-one EMR and practice management software

I've used a lot of EMRs over the years and I searched a long time to find a good solution for our small group private practice that was user-friendly from the provider side but also had the analytics tools needed to run the practice management. We also struggled to find a biller in-house that could manage our growing practice. We switched to the revenue cycle management services with drchrono and have been very pleased with the billing team noticing an improvement in our collections and reduction of our costs.

Pros

Intuitive, provider friendly EMR, easily customizable Good revenue cycle management software that allows me to easily analyze how our practice is doing Cloud-based, works anywhere on computer, ipad, or iphone

Cons

There are a few things that don't work as well going from a solo provider to a group practice with multiple locations and providers Little differences between computer and iPad versions are a little bit frustrating