Smoobu Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.22/10

Reviews by rating

The easy interface enables me to manage reservations better and faster. In general, I am very satisfied with the product because it helps me stay on top of things.
Smoobu is easy to use from any mobile device and it helps me save a lot of time. The support staff are friendly, helpful and readily available to answer questions and solve issues.
I am thoroughly impressed with the service and am grateful that I found something I am happy to pay for and proud to continue using.
Suddenly all your blocked dates become available & you must re-block them all on Smoobu. It's awkward, difficult to use & the support is hopeless.
Dreadful, time consuming, very poor online support, who were surprisingly rude.
Without Smoobu there was a constant risk of double-bookings occurring across platforms.

LS

Lisa S.

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

AM

Allan M.

Tokeet to Smoobu

Overall, our experience has been great. We have lost a couple of features, however what we have gained far outweighs this. Customer support also very kindly offered to import existing direct bookings which was very helpful.

Pros

The features that drew us to Smoobu were the automated messaging, Igloohome integration, the guest guide/portal and the additional option selling.

Cons

I would say the only negative point we have so far is the handling/recording of invoices. Payments need to be recorded manually, whereas Tokeet would handle this automatically and made it very easy to schedule invoices, and track sent, outstanding and paid invoices.

Not what it used to be

This was a great PMS two years ago, not anymore.

Pros

When we first started testing different vacation rental software, Smoobu stood out as a great option, seamless and quick. But it has only been downhill from there. Their development team has made the interface clunky, their servers are down often, my team now hates Smoobu.

Cons

Extremely slow interface in 2021. If you manage more than 10 listings, please do not use this software. We had previously used Hostaway and Lodgify. We have had more double bookings with Smoobu by far than with any other PMS.

GL

Ganache L.

Opinion Costebelle Conciergerie

Very good exchanges with the team in place, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who manages the French clientele.

Pros

sharing schedules with the teams and the booking site

Cons

No PMS. Technical difficulty in setting up certain data (booking engine, and connectivity with platforms)

Andrew R.

Hospitality, self-employed

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

CR

Criscia R.

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Dear Criscia, thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2 Best Philipp

JA

Janette A.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Smoobu is the best

Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

NB

Nico B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Best channel manager in this price category

Covers all my basic needs. Gets better every year. Has a reasonable price. The support is just top.

Pros

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio. We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years. It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing. The subscription is very reasonable too. They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface. This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

GN

Gerry N.

Hospitality, self-employed

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly...

GA

Gary A.

ExcellentExcellent

Excellent

Pros

Great service and prompt help from [sensitive content hidden]. Would highly recommend

Cons

No Cons at all , really good relationship

LH

Luana H.

Extremely helpful and intuitive

Amazing.

Pros

I started using Smoobu back when it was really small and sort of beta version and liked it from the getgo. In the meantime they have improved and expanded so much and i am truly happy for them because what they offer is a high quality product. The platform is easy to use,intuitive and responsive,easily accessible on all devices. The customer service is fast and helpful. Already converted many of my colleagues into clients and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a tool that helps organise your hospitality small business.

Cons

The color palette for the website,perhaps.

MR

Milan R.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Good for starting up cheap with a helpful channel manager

Pros

Very good reporting and easy to connect channels.

Cons

Guest App did not develop, no team management.

KO

Kenneth O.

Intuitive to use - Great support

The multiple functions it offers eg communication templates, automated messaging make admin much easier. Although intuitive to use there are sometimes glitches (probably mostly self inflicted) but support is great.

Pros

I have been using Smoobu for around 4 years. I started off with 4 rentals and now manage 10 and couldn’t do this effectively without this application. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and the team are quick to help and resolve issues that crop up from time to time.

Cons

I cannot set up multiple season rates with intelligent pricing (discounting longer stays)

MF

Mark F.

Real Estate, self-employed

Don't use if you use Expedia/VRBO

Pros

Simple when it works, but unfortunately that doesn't last long

Cons

Regularly disconnects channel management price sync with Expedia/VRBO. Support on the latest disconnect May 2023 has gone weeks with no solution or update. I'm researching alternative platforms and warning others.

JT

Jim T.

Real Estate, self-employed

Awesome Software for Vacation Rental Management

We've owned our condo for just over a year. I found Smoobu when I was initially looking for a software tool to help me get up and running renting through Airbnb and VRBO. From the first day through today, they have been super supportive and helpful. The product integrates nicely with those travel sites (and others) to keep things organized (i.e. no double bookings), helps tremendously with communications and provides a great customer experience with all our guests. I would highly recommend Smoobu!

Pros

Once it's set up, it is absolutely indispensable and critical to organize and coordinate a vacation rental.

Cons

Nothing really... All questions are answered quickly and they continue to add additional features.

IF

Isabella F.

Hospitality, self-employed

I have a new friend, it's called smoobu!

For me to say Smoobu means the rep. I still wonder how he can answer all the questions for assistance on his own. Always relevant, decisive and friendly.

Pros

It does a lot of things for me: it synchronizes the bookings on all the portals and updates the prices on some of them, it manages the communication with the customers, it gave me the possibility to create a website in an intuitive way and at sustainable costs and much more .. ..

Cons

I would say that I like everything, the graphical interface is intuitive and clean and I really appreciate their philosophy of trying to improve, always having a friendly customer relationship.

FM

Firman M.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Smoobu is perfect one !!

User Friendly Not expensive Very Quick responses of the knowledgeable​ customer services, they are doing improvement​ regularly, which is very good !

Pros

If you are searching for the perfect platform to organize the whole rental management, Smoobu is the best so far, why? because very user friendly, all the tools just as easy as the Airbnb platform! We use for almost a year and we don't have any issue even we have various types of accommodations, from the middle budget to the luxury ones .. being grateful to found Smoobu in 2019, when I was really desperate with those options available.

Cons

Simple, easy to integrate, user friendly​!

KK

Krista K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Excellent resource for syncing calendars and interfacing with website

My overall experience with Smoobu was excellent.

Pros

The feature that was most impactful is the ability to sync calendars from Airnbn, VRBO onto one calendar that was used to interface on my personal website for my short term rental property. Very good value for the functionality and service provided. Excellent customer service. All questions were answered in timely, clear and helpful manner.

Cons

There were a couple of times when I needed to contact Smoobu as canceled reservations on Airbnb do not automatically clear on the Smoobu system. Once I realized it was necessary to double check my main calendar after a guest canceled, it wasn't a problem.

JS

Jürgen S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

fresh and modern design, easy to use

I don't own a hotel. But can look just as professional as a hotel manager with a single vacation rental.

Pros

As a single user, I need a simple application that will manage all of my channels. With smoobu, I can do this on the PC, on the tablet and even on the go with my smartphone. Fast communication with the guests on all my channels, creating and sending invoices that was a horror without smoobu. The new design is very good. Everyone I show this to is delighted.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the software. I want to make my own decisions at certain points and that works well. There could be more experiences in the guest app, but that's not a software problem.

MW

Michael W.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best value for money, actually best value overall

Pros

I have been looking at different alternatives for quite some time. I had heard about a supposedly awesome dashboard that Smoobu had to . Turns out is was true. Also super reliable Channel Manager. They focus on the right things and make it super easy to use. Customer service was actually more knowledgeable about portals that the portals themselves.....

Cons

Would be nice to see some more external integrations. But they said there was more coming up

NK

Nausikaa K.

Great product, user-friendly

Been with them for a long time, very satisfied and glad they're improving the product

Pros

Very easy to use, good design, excellent customer service

Cons

Needs a few additional features (an app for owners for example)

CK

Christian K.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Very good channel management tool

Pros

This is an excellent Channel Manager. My guests at Villa Hygge in Ciovo Croatia love the personalised web sites where I can provide in greatest detail all the information required that a guest might be looking for, such as places to to eat, shop, attractions, beaches, activities, etc, etc. Also the integration with the main booking platforms works seamlessly. I can highly recommend Smoobu to anyone looking for trouble-free booking management.

Cons

It is a bit costly, but the benefits may weigh in favourably.

HS

Hugo S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

A must for any property manager

Couldn’t imagine managing my reservation without a central tool like Smoobu.

Pros

-Website -Booking engine -Ease of use / configure -Price -support team interaction

Cons

-Not all portals have API integration but this is a limitation from the portal side and not Smoobu as I understand they are working to get it.

SC

Sara C.

Makes business easy

Pros

Les Camelias is a small B&B business. Prior to using Smoobu it took a lot of time to manage our availability across different booking sites. Since using Smoobu our work load has reduced considerably. It is so easy to install and implement.

Cons

At present we have not encountered any issues with Smoobu.

MM

Mary M.

Mary Mackay

Good

Pros

I found it easy to use and accessible from my phone

Cons

Not being able to block all rooms at once but time consuming going through each one separately