Smoobu Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.31/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Smoobu is easy to use from any mobile device and it helps me save a lot of time. The support staff are friendly, helpful and readily available to answer questions and solve issues.
I am thoroughly impressed with the service and am grateful that I found something I am happy to pay for and proud to continue using.
Suddenly all your blocked dates become available & you must re-block them all on Smoobu. It's awkward, difficult to use & the support is hopeless.
Dreadful, time consuming, very poor online support, who were surprisingly rude.
Without Smoobu there was a constant risk of double-bookings occurring across platforms.

LS

Lisa S.

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

Kv

Kathi v.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Good Customer Service

Average experience. I am also a bit disappointed that the price is only for one listing and I will have to pay more for a second listing. I don't really think the benefits justify this.

Pros

Very good customer service. And for the most part easy to navigate.

Cons

I don't like the way the messaging works. The messages to VRBO bookings are sent via email and not entered into the VRBO app. And VRBO booking is not downloaded like Airbnb with all the details. I was disappointed with this. I think it is a bit outdated.

HF

Heidi F.

Hospitality, self-employed

This product is geared towards Europeans

I have had a terrible experience with Smoobu and do not recommend this product to anyone

Pros

The guest app was a nice feature. This product was less expensive than others

Cons

The customer service for this product is terrible. It is difficult to speak to anyone by phone and if you are able to finally get through it has to be during European hours so if you can't talk first thing in the morning you are out of luck. Many features on the included booking website are geared towards Europeans and cannot be fixed. For example, Sq meters instead of sq ft, the format for the date...

Hi heidi, thanks for your feedback. Let me apologize for your experience. We are a Europe based company, indeed. We are still adapting some minor issues for the US market (exactly these 2), but we have +1000 happy clients in the US already. The PayPal issue that you were having must be a setup issue, happy to get it fixed with you. The fact that you did not have any days available were because you had not yet set your prices. No prices = no availability. Indeed we do not pro rate refunds. You had the choice to opt in for the monthly subscription, no questions asked. Plus you had a 14 day trial without any obligations whatsoever. Happy to hear your thoughts. Best regards Philipp

Andrew R.

Hospitality, self-employed

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

CR

Criscia R.

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Dear Criscia, thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2 Best Philipp

JA

Janette A.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Smoobu is the best

Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

NB

Nico B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Best channel manager in this price category

Covers all my basic needs. Gets better every year. Has a reasonable price. The support is just top.

Pros

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio. We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years. It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing. The subscription is very reasonable too. They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface. This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

GN

Gerry N.

Hospitality, self-employed

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly...

TM

Tara M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Ticks more boxes that you need for less money!

We'd been comparing platforms for a few weeks and found that Smoobu was not only more cost-effective but that it ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Smoobu team are super helpful and respond very quickly to the few queries I had but really, they have explained everything exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out! I'd highly recommend Smoobu and can't imagine moving to any other platform especially with their continuous improvements and new integrations which I think will be very useful when normality returns to our hospitality business!

Pros

Cost-effective and incredibly easy to set up all the integrations with everything explained exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out but the team are super helpful when you do and respond very quickly! Ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Guest App is genius and we can't wait for our guests to benefit; as well as upselling feature!

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. It didn't appear in my google searches but luckily discovered it via an online ad :)

OK

Ozan Kemal Ş.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Smoobu offers practical reservation management solutions

Pros

Smoobu has by far the most practical reservation management system in the market when compared with other alternatives.

Cons

They should release a new version of Smoobu where it has more etensive features about reservation management.

PB

Paolo B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

I would definitely recommend it

Although I am still in the trial phase, I have no doubt that I will continue to use Smoobu in the future.

Pros

The ease of use in different aspects: synchronization with the different portals, setting the different payment methods, creating your own web page. There is no need to have great computer skills, you are guided step by step and if that is not enough, clear and comprehensive video tutorials are offered. The contact with the customer service has been pleasant and friendly. I am also glad for the possibility recently offered to block dates before an arrival and after a departure, due to the ongoing health crisis.

Cons

I can't get myself to like visually the speedometer of the "use" widget in the desk. In addition, the fact that when I select a property in the calendar menu and reload the page, I lose the previous selection.

PB

Petra B.

Smoobu just works

The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pros

I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

JV

Jennifer V.

Used other for 2+ years

Smoobu is the best

Smoobu is a useful tool which helps me run my business more efficiently. The easy interface enables me to manage reservations better and faster. In general, I am very satisfied with the product because it helps me stay on top of things.

Pros

Cons

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to further scale the annual price to adjust for (extra) small businesses.

OG

Olga G.

Great product- Lots of potential

I would recommend this software to any property manager. The software does what you expect. Fast.

Pros

I manage 22 properties in Spain. I choose Smoobu based in these facts: - Price - Calendar management (APIS connection) - Price management - EASY built in website with payment gateway and possibility add your own domain FOR FREE - EASY built in app. - Owner/ team accounts - Messages and automations It is a self training software with a large stock of self explanatory videos to learn how to sep up your account. Videos are also Spanish (many softwares don't provide this choice yet) Support is fast and efficient (Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]) The different accounts can be set up in different languages, very helpful if you have several languages in your team

Cons

Even though these areas can be improved I still will recommend it: - Efficient way of creating reservations reports - Easier way to know the calendar day when navigating through the calendar - My website should have the option for marking up price (to cover Stripe costs) - The app does not preview efficiently the calendar view.

mc

massimo c.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and extraordinary assistance

Managing prices and availability is very easy, even from the smartphone. The software allows you also to make most changes to your properties by yourself. Messaging with guest from one place makes you save a lot of time: no need to log in and out all day. Automatic mails do the job for you.

Pros

This is very easy to use and that makes you very efficient. Their assistance service really makes the difference. You are never alone!

Cons

Maybe I'd like to be updated when they release new features, and to make it really complete, they need to develop the invoicing system (more like a PMS)

FM

Firman M.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Smoobu is perfect one !!

User Friendly Not expensive Very Quick responses of the knowledgeable​ customer services, they are doing improvement​ regularly, which is very good !

Pros

If you are searching for the perfect platform to organize the whole rental management, Smoobu is the best so far, why? because very user friendly, all the tools just as easy as the Airbnb platform! We use for almost a year and we don't have any issue even we have various types of accommodations, from the middle budget to the luxury ones .. being grateful to found Smoobu in 2019, when I was really desperate with those options available.

Cons

Simple, easy to integrate, user friendly​!

KK

Kim K.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive Channel Manager

I have been using Smoobu for over 8 months now and our entire family is very happy to be able to use it. We all use it pretty much daily to mainly accept reservations and coordinate check-ins and check-outs.

Pros

Using Smoobu was an absolute game changer for us. Being able to adjust prices and reservations once and apply them automatically to all the different platforms on which our properties are listed saves as a huge amount of work plus it provides a great overview of the reservations of all properties in one place.

Cons

Connecting the calendar with some specific portals was a bit difficult, which mainly has to do with the technical expertise of the portals though. The payment system integrated in our website works great. It would be helpful to be able to include different bank accounts for different properties though.

ES

Edward S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Life Saver

Double bookings solved Pricing on multiple platforms solved

Pros

ease of use Functionality Clear Statistics

Cons

Would like to use it as an app rather than having to log in via a search engine

FV

Francisco V.

Morros del Pacifico

I decrease to ´´cero´´ duplicate reservations. Very easy to administrate, very simple and friendly.

Pros

Very easy to use Mobile app very simple and friendly I can easily administrate all your booking without duplicate reservations

Cons

Difficult to synchronize all the option with airbnb and booking. There are some special options from Airbnb or booking that you cant set.

Hi Francisco, thanks for your review. Unfortunately, all portals work a bit different. But I promise we are working on making the user experience even better. Happy to receive your detailed feedback on how we can improve! Best regards Philipp from Smoobu

HM

Henrik M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Easy to use booking software

We lease out several cabins, and smoobu helps us keep price parity across several OTAs, and we have all communication with our guests in one platform. It also keeps all our places easy viewable in in one place. Customer service is swift in replies if we have any questions, and they are great at developing new features.

Pros

Easy to use Many integrations with OTAs such as Airbnb, Booking.com and many more. Cheap

Cons

Missing revenue management module to control prices easily. They do have a price management module, but its awkward to use. I´ve solved this with integration towards pricelabs.

MM

Mary M.

Mary Mackay

Good

Pros

I found it easy to use and accessible from my phone

Cons

Not being able to block all rooms at once but time consuming going through each one separately

EM

Eckhard M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

enthusiastically

The support at Smoobu is excellent. Unbelievably fast feedback on questions and problems. Even on weekends inquiries are answered. The Smoobu team is very friendly and is available with advice and action!!!!

Pros

The software is intuitive to use. The settings are well explained and in the help function you will find good support during setup.

Cons

the software is an all-round successful package that makes it easy for landlords to manage all connections to various portals.

FF

Fabiana F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Maybe the best channel manager

Pros

Easy, user friendly, powerful, efficient.

Cons

A better invoicing management and customer data repository

SC

Sabirah C.

User friendly software

Good

Pros

Easy to use and manage multiple properties

Cons

Price is quite expensive for Sri lanka would like a regional pricing schemem

BL

Bert L.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Only good

allways good

Pros

If you have a problem, they will help you

Cons

no problem to integrate it with our own software