Smoobu Reviews

Smoobu

The all-in-one vacation rental management platform

Smoobu

Review Summary

Pros

They have a very useful and very easy to configure web functionality. I love the functionality of being able to synchronize rates from smoobu with the most important sales channels.

Xabier Txomin S.

Best viable solution for small property owners with great CUSTOMER SUPPORT, CLEAN FEATURES & PRICING.

Ryohei I.

They truly helped a novice channel manager user like myself troubleshoot, configure, and set up the optimal solution that works best for my particular business size and workflow.

Ryohei I.

Jason S.

Missing revenue management module to control prices easily. They do have a price management module, but its awkward to use.

Henrik M.

Without Smoobu there was a constant risk of double-bookings occurring across platforms.

Jilly L.

4.7

Great software i would not hessitate to recommend

It is really easy to use. No complications, no difficult to set up functionalities. The property web facility is a plus. The support team is really friendly, knowledgeable and listens to customers!. I am getting lots of emails from competition but I am not planning to move from Smoobu. I really love Smoobu simplicity.

Pros

Pros: 1.-It is a very easy to use software. Getting familiar with smoobu is really simple, practically instantaneous. 2.-The migration to Smoobu is really simple and staff is always willing to help. 3.-They have a very useful and very easy to configure web functionality. 4.-I love the functionality of being able to synchronize rates from smoobu with the most important sales channels. 5.-The synchronizations...

Cons

Cons: Given that it is a software that it is designed to be easily usable and does not complicate its functionalities, there may be people who miss less avant-garde features but in my case in particular I love that everything Smoobu offers works perfectly and without complications. They are currently developing a solution for the new PSD2 regulations, which is more than welcome.

Pros

Firstly, for someone who has hardly used a channel manager, the learning curve is always going to be a thing no matter which service you decide to use. This was the case for me, after reading countless reviews I decided to trial Smoobu and am now a paid user. And when the learning curve is unavoidable, Smoobu truly shines with their CUSTOMER SUPPORT - it is definitely one of their best features. Their...

Cons

EMAIL SUPPORT > CHAT SUPPORT: Though chat support is easier to access, for an actual conundrum or a multilayered question you're facing I would definitely go through their e-mail support since they can constructively engage with your problems (maybe also because they have more time to respond?), and you really feel that they are there to help you! But the chat team is great too for small questions...

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Dear Criscia, thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2 Best Philipp

Avoid....caused me a load of extra work.

Dreadful, time consuming, very poor online support, who were surprisingly rude.

Pros

The idea is great but it doesn't work in practice. There are better alternatives.

Cons

Smoobu was a disaster for me. Using Sboobu cuts you off from using the portals (Airbnb, Agoda, Tripadvisor etc). You are actually blocked from using the portal platforms & must only update listings & bookings on the Smoobu platform. You can't even access the calendars anymore. You can no longer communicate with guests through portals, only through Smoobu. The worst thing is, if you have any blocked dates in the portal calendars they are ignored by Smoobu & then deleted on the portal. Suddenly all your blocked dates become available & you must re-block them all on Smoobu. It's awkward, difficult to use & the support is hopeless. They have no training, they are rude & don't understand the platform. AVOID! The set up is too time consuming.

Hi there! Let me say sorry for your bad experience first of all. We tried to do our best supporting you in the setup. Airbnb blocks some functionality on their side, which then you can access through Smoobu directly. In the end this is the central point of a channel management system. The other portals are not blocked. They remain exactly the way they were before connecting. So you can work on both ends. I looked at the support cases and we did not have a chance to help you out as you had already started disconnecting once we were coming in. So I am happy to give it a new chance to show you how the system actually works as addressed in several messages. Best regards Philipp

Kostengünstig für Hotels und Resorts

Das Programm arbeitet perfekt fast 2 Jahren kein Fehler.

Pros

Einfacher Handhabung und kostengünstig hat mir deshalb am besten gefallen

Cons

Kein gefunden vielleicht nicht für große Hotels.

Best price - functionality relation on the market

I have done thorough evaluations of what the market has to offer for business like mine and I have concluded that smoobu is the best option for e business of my size in europe. It covers everything that is essential and also offers quite a bit more. It is multilingual which is an important aspect for short time rentals in Europe. Their support is really adequate. For the price one pays it is the best to my knowledge (and I think I've seen them all).

Pros

It offers a lot of functionality that only more expensive tools offer. There exists a direct line to their support and to their management.

Cons

There are some issues about the user interface. They don't really affect the functionality but would be very nice if they would be fixed.

Great Product and Easy to Use. Friendly team.

Very happy with the overall product. Customer service is not available on weekends but the team is very friendly and eager to help when you get to them.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup. Quick connection to Airnb and Booking.com (yet to try the others)

Cons

At first the messaging system wasn't my favorite. However, the new update looks great and integrates all messaging from Airbnb and Booking.com into the platform. Trying it out now and very happy with it!

The best customer service

Pros

The team in charge of customer service is very professional and they always give a solution of any problem that you can have with the platform.

Cons

We would like more functions in the future, also more personalization

Smoobu is exactly the Channel Manager that we need

The first month with the binding to the OTA was easy and we did not have any trouble to quit the previous Channel Manager and to connect with Smoobu. Now we use it daily with entire satisfaction.

Pros

It is easy to learn and to configure, you can phone to the customer service and they answer...

Cons

The French translation is not perfect but I can use it

Hi Yves, thanks for the review. Will be working on the French version. Any input you have is appreciated. Best Philipp

Very good with potential for improvement

This is my first online pms/channel manager that I'm using. So far I'm very happy and I will be even more happy if the development team and the management will be willing to evaluate developing more advanced features, in order to make Smoobu not only a software for very small but for mid size property managers. The learning curve for using Smoobu is quite flat at the beginning (meaning that you need to invest a lot of time to figure out how it works) and being forced to leave it after a couple of months because it doesn't manage a sufficient number of (different) properties would definitely be a lose-lose situation.

Pros

Assistance. The team is super kind and fast to reply.

Cons

It could be a bit more intuitive for my taste, however the assistance team is very helpful.

Hi Pio, thanks for your review. I am very happy you are enjoying your experience with Smoobu and you chose us over Guesty :) It can be quite tricky to get used to all these features out there, but we are working on UI / UX every day. Let us know any suggestions you have by opening a ticket. Happy to discuss and evaluate. Cheers Philipp

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly...

Cons

Ticks more boxes that you need for less money!

We'd been comparing platforms for a few weeks and found that Smoobu was not only more cost-effective but that it ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Smoobu team are super helpful and respond very quickly to the few queries I had but really, they have explained everything exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out! I'd highly recommend Smoobu and can't imagine moving to any other platform especially with their continuous improvements and new integrations which I think will be very useful when normality returns to our hospitality business!

Pros

Cost-effective and incredibly easy to set up all the integrations with everything explained exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out but the team are super helpful when you do and respond very quickly! Ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Guest App is genius and we can't wait for our guests to benefit; as well as upselling feature!

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. It didn't appear in my google searches but luckily discovered it via an online ad :)

Good software. It is possible to make it excellent software

Overall convenient and friendly software. In my opinion with some other functions like the ones I mentioned it can turn from good software into excellent software. It is important for me to add that there are similar software to this one at lower prices and at more expensive prices. In my country the average monthly software cost ranges around 50 euros. If you were able to connect a credit company that works with Israel and flexibility along with invoice automation, I have no doubt that I would recommend many to switch to this software.

Pros

The interface is convenient from any computer and mobile phone

Cons

1.There is no clear place to see a customer payment status. 2. In my country the software cannot connect to a credit card so I need to use more software. 3. If I want to issue a concentrated invoice at the end of a month to a supplier that sends customers to me it is problematic. That is, it is not possible to open a clean invoice and associate it with customers that I had this month.

I would definitely recommend it

Although I am still in the trial phase, I have no doubt that I will continue to use Smoobu in the future.

Pros

The ease of use in different aspects: synchronization with the different portals, setting the different payment methods, creating your own web page. There is no need to have great computer skills, you are guided step by step and if that is not enough, clear and comprehensive video tutorials are offered. The contact with the customer service has been pleasant and friendly. I am also glad for the possibility recently offered to block dates before an arrival and after a departure, due to the ongoing health crisis.

Cons

I can't get myself to like visually the speedometer of the "use" widget in the desk. In addition, the fact that when I select a property in the calendar menu and reload the page, I lose the previous selection.

Smoobu just works

The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pros

I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

Great Tool, Great People Behind, Simple and efficient

Pros

More than 3 years ago, when I was looking for a simple but well thought through Chanel Manager, I came across Smoobu. Implementation was quite easy even for me as an inexperienced user of Chanel manager. In the last 3 years Smoobu has developed enormously and still offers me everything I need to successfully market my almost 20 accommodations. The support is always fast and efficient and suggestions are taken seriously! I'm sure I'll be happy working with Smoobu for many yearsand look forward to the next development steps.

Cons

I do not habe any complains about smoobu. For me nothing is missing

Smoobu is the best

Smoobu is a useful tool which helps me run my business more efficiently. The easy interface enables me to manage reservations better and faster. In general, I am very satisfied with the product because it helps me stay on top of things.

Pros

Smoobu is easy to use from any mobile device and it helps me save a lot of time. The support staff are friendly, helpful and readily available to answer questions and solve issues.

Cons

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to further scale the annual price to adjust for (extra) small businesses.

Semplice, completo e funzionale

Molto soddisfatto del gestionale, sicuramente estremamente utile per la sincronizzazione con tutti i portali turistici. In passato dovevo modificare manulamente per ogni singolo portale turistoco prezzi e disponibilità delle camere. Una perdita di tempo eccessiva e non produttiva.

Pros

La facilità d'uso, completezza e funzionalità rendono il software uno strumento utile nella gestione della propria attività. È immediato e facile da utilizzare anche per i meno esperti.

Cons

Non vengono evidenziati punti negativi in particolare ma piuttosto alcune funzionalità che devono essere implementate.

I have a new friend, it's called smoobu!

For me to say Smoobu means the rep. I still wonder how he can answer all the questions for assistance on his own. Always relevant, decisive and friendly.

Pros

It does a lot of things for me: it synchronizes the bookings on all the portals and updates the prices on some of them, it manages the communication with the customers, it gave me the possibility to create a website in an intuitive way and at sustainable costs and much more .. ..

Cons

I would say that I like everything, the graphical interface is intuitive and clean and I really appreciate their philosophy of trying to improve, always having a friendly customer relationship.

Easy to use and extraordinary assistance

Managing prices and availability is very easy, even from the smartphone. The software allows you also to make most changes to your properties by yourself. Messaging with guest from one place makes you save a lot of time: no need to log in and out all day. Automatic mails do the job for you.

Pros

This is very easy to use and that makes you very efficient. Their assistance service really makes the difference. You are never alone!

Cons

Maybe I'd like to be updated when they release new features, and to make it really complete, they need to develop the invoicing system (more like a PMS)

Smoobu is perfect one !!

User Friendly Not expensive Very Quick responses of the knowledgeable​ customer services, they are doing improvement​ regularly, which is very good !

Pros

If you are searching for the perfect platform to organize the whole rental management, Smoobu is the best so far, why? because very user friendly, all the tools just as easy as the Airbnb platform! We use for almost a year and we don't have any issue even we have various types of accommodations, from the middle budget to the luxury ones .. being grateful to found Smoobu in 2019, when I was really desperate with those options available.

Cons

Simple, easy to integrate, user friendly​!

Ecxellent Channel

I don't need to check or update OTA's when a property is booked.

Pros

This channel manager is really complete and fits perfectly with the needs of a tourist manager. it's quick to update the data in the various channels. The feature I like most is that I can send an email with all the information to all customers automatically. In addition to the channel with the same price, a booking engine is included.

Cons

It should be fantastic to change the percentage different between channels for singolar apartment.

Best value for money, actually best value overall

Pros

I have been looking at different alternatives for quite some time. I had heard about a supposedly awesome dashboard that Smoobu had to . Turns out is was true. Also super reliable Channel Manager. They focus on the right things and make it super easy to use. Customer service was actually more knowledgeable about portals that the portals themselves.....

Cons

Would be nice to see some more external integrations. But they said there was more coming up

Life Saver

Double bookings solved Pricing on multiple platforms solved

Pros

ease of use Functionality Clear Statistics

Cons

Would like to use it as an app rather than having to log in via a search engine