Buddy Punch Reviews

4.8

How would you rate Buddy Punch?

VT

Valerie T.

VT

Valerie T.

JJ

Joy J.

Cons

There were times where it was buggy and screens would get stuck so that you had to reopen the map and follow a specific procedure to avoid the issue from occurring again.

CR

Christian R.

It is hard to correct if you did the wrong punch in or out.

NF

Norbert F.

The only issue we've encountered is adding or editing times. If somebody forgets their punch it can cause some struggle.

SB

Shawn B.

Great way to manage hours

Transcript

Richard: My name is Richard. I work in software QA. I would give Buddy Punch a five out of five and for...

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Pros

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples...

Cons

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Importance of calculating time

Always good, no issues

Pros

How accurate it is , I was able to view all my hours from present to past weeks

Cons

When I tried to delegate a vacation time I put in accidently it wouldn’t allow me to change

Thank you Maria for the review, we appreciate it!

so so not greatest

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

Pros

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

Cons

Most of it

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding...

Small Business Life Saver!

My experience has been very positive! I initially started using this because I was questioning some times regarding a few jobs and once I implemented it, the time issues seemed to disappear.

Pros

This product was easy to use from day one and entering the employees took no time at all. Everything is easily accessible and you can check on employees to be sure they have arrived on time to their jobs.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Buddy Punch.

Thank you Cathy for the review, we appreciate the kind words. It is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use and that your experience has been positive!

Excellent

It is very convenient and easy to use

Pros

I can control my hours and see the changes that my supervisor does regarding my hours

Cons

Not at this moment, at the beginning was kind of unfamiliar with the product I was able to manage my hours and others resourses

Thank you Aleisi for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use!

Buddy Punch Review

It is great for our hourly employee!

Pros

The product is easy to use and to deploy to employees. The cost is reasonable and it can do more than what we use it for. The employees can edit their time if there is an error, and the Approver can edit and/or approve an employee's time entry.

Cons

The automatic logout feature initially, but someone from Buddy Punch responded and advised me how to change/adjust that feature.

Thank you Wendy for your review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use! We appreciate your business.

Highly Recommend Buddy Punch

Overall it is good, managers and employees all like it.

Pros

The product is easy to use, our employees adopted it really quick. Friendly view of each in and out.

Cons

The only thing about this software is a little bit pricy..

Thank you Anni for the review and recommendation, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use!

Pretty good

Pros

i cant get the hours right off the bat...

Cons

for some reason our agents seem to have issues learning from it, it seemed simple to me but some agents just have a hard time for some reason. A good video tutorial would be awesome

Thanks for the review Mario. We have many video tutorials, we'll reach out with more details!

Great and easy to use

I enjoy using this app for time keeping.

Pros

I enjoy the full version the phone version is a little more limited.

Cons

the phone version is a little more limited.

Thank you for the review Haze, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use.

Excellent Service

We were able to solve the punch in time and location of the employees, as a Construction company, the employees get directly to the job site.

Pros

Easy to use and very helpful to run payroll at the end of the week.

Cons

I love everything about this software, help us to know exactly the location where the employee punch in and out.

Thank you Giovanna, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

User friendly time tracking with geofence/GPS accountability

BP has been extremely accessible for customer service and have been open to suggestions for improvements/additional services. They have steadily grown over the last several years, offering more and more helpful services and integration with other programs. BP was also extremely accommodating during Covid shutdowns, allowing us to freeze our account in good faith that we would pick up where we left off as soon as we were able.

Pros

Very easy for employees and administrators alike to track time and edit if necessary. Provides accountability for our employees with the location settings such as GPS/Geofence. Provides a variety of reports that are helpful. Provides our employees with mobility--we can send them to any job site, and they have the ability to punch in/out.

Cons

Would like a report that provides a daily snapshot, chronologically, of who punched in/out and at what time. If this exact report exists, I have not been able to find it.

Thank you Katie for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS/geofencing features. We do take pride in our customer service, and I am glad it is showing! We appreciate your business!

Buddy Punch Review

I had used other more expensive systems at previous employers and Buddy Punch has be more than sufficient for our size of business. It is easy to run the reports- PTO, location of services, and the geofence. My favorite time in option was the facial recognition- the main problem with it was if someone had a beard and then shaved it or got a major change in hair styles we had to take their picture again.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to set up and use. Once staff is set up in Buddy Punch they are able to manage their time cards with min assistance. We have used the facial recognition and the scan code- The facial recognition works the most consistently. It is pretty self explanatory for staff to be able to put in PTO for approval and add notes if they need a time adjustment because they forgot to time in or out. There are several reports we use including the location worked, pto, and the location of timing in or out. We had staff that would time in or out from their car on their phone when they were to time in and out on the computer. We were able to monitor that and reinstruct the staff.

Cons

When an employee needs to be removed from the active payroll it takes a few weeks for the persons name to be moved to the inactive list. We tried using the QR codes for timing in and out but the staff would forget their card, the computer would not recognize the card or if their was a poor light, it would be difficult to get it read.

Thank you Connie for the review! It is great to hear that you're utilizing many of our features including Facial Recognition and that you're finding us easy to use! Also in regards to the inactive employees, you are not charged for inactive users but you'll still see a time card for them in case they had any time worked for the pay period or if you wanted to add any manually. Them having a time card doesn't affect their inactive status. Thanks again for the review and your business, we appreciate it!

Buddy Punch

I have loved my overall experience with Buddy Punch. As I mentioned before their help is invaluable. Some companies have no chat, or phone number and you wait days to hear back from an email. Their immediate response is something they should never get rid of, no matter how big they become.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access help on any aspect of using the software. You can do their chat and they respond almost immediately. They will even help fix anything from their end if you need the help. I love the facial recognition feature and other features that are offered to ensure that your staff is on the job site in order to sign in. I like how easy the PTO requesting is for the staff and for admin to approve. It's a little bit of work trying to get all of the PTO hours in for all employees, especially if they work different hours and have different PTO hours, but the team at Buddy Punch are always available to help with questions. That is one of the things I think are most important- the great customer serivce. The accessibility to actual people can help is valuable.

Cons

I would like to see more options for PTO reporting. I feel that the report for overall PTO has too much info. I would like to see it have an option where you can check off which items you need in the report and then produce the report from what you actually need. It is hard to manage what they offer. This causes me to need to go into each staff account separately to report one by one.

Thank you Valerie for the review and we appreciate all the nice words! We try to always be available whenever anyone needs help and we value timely responses. In regards to the PTO question we'll reach out to you as we have a new PTO report that might help. Thanks again!

Great Product!

Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

Pros

The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

Cons

I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Buddy Punch is awesome

Excellent! The product works well on iPads and PCs. It seems to be very low maintenance and the staff are great to work with when I have questions.

Pros

The ease of use and implementation. I work with many non technical people and they caught on to the app quickly.

Cons

I would like to see a cached mode so if we lose internet facial recognition will still work and punches will record when internet is restored. I would also like to see more permission control over the manager role.

Thank you Bryan for the review! It is great to hear that you and your staff are finding us easy to use.

Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!

Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Pros

I love many things about this software! 1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part. 2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them...

Cons

The time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!

Easy and simple to use

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes. If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

Pros

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time. I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off. I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

Cons

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel. Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Excellent Customer Service

Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

Pros

I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

Cons

I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time. The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.) Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Good Product

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours,...

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised

Pros

The Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure....

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!

Works the way it is advertised. Learning curve was minimal.

This software is a great alternative to paper records, especially for a small company that has hourly employees. I have no idea how easy/hard setting up accounts is, but for me--a regular employee--it works wonderfully. If I knew someone starting their own business, or someone who has their own business, I would recommend this product.

Pros

When I made user errors (like forgetting to clock out) the software had built in measures to rectify my mistake. I forgot to punch out, and it has a feature to leave notes for your boss. You can also edit a punch after you make a mistake (just needs to be approved by your boss) So if you get excited and start working before you clock in? No problem. Just punch in and edit the time to an earlier time of the day. Then wait for your boss to approve the changes. It says I can review punches from previous weeks, but I haven't had time to explore that feature yet.

Cons

I didn't devote a lot of time to explore the software, so it took a full work week to figure out what it had to offer beyond punching in and out. Software seems great! I've only been using it for two weeks. I don't have complaints about the software. Any issues I faced were from a lack of understanding how it functioned, and I was able to figure it out on my own (for example: I forgot to punch out, and the next morning when I saw the error it showed me punching in and out at what seemed to be random times during the night) Biggest complaint: the company sent me emails asking me to review the product the very first day I used it, and I personally think people need a few days--up to a week--to familiarize themselves with the software (at least enough to write a review)

Thank you Stephanie for the great review, I'm glad your'e finding us easy to use and that you're finding our built in features to be helpful, such as forgetting to clock in or out. Also, sorry for asking for a review so fast! I appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again for the review and for your recommendation.

How good is buddypunch?

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood. Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs. Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator...

Pros

Good design Easy to use Intuitive Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Cons

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Pros

The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Cons

Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Best In Show

My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.

Pros

The Buddy Punch Customer Service is EXCELLENT! Poor service is one of the main reasons we left our last scheduling and payroll reporting software.

Cons

Would love to see more features such as hiring and onboarding of new employees.

Thank you Joy for the review and the kind words! It is great to hear the positive feedback on our customer service. We really try to make sure we understand everyone's situation and we're glad that it shows! Thanks again for your review and your business, we appreciate it.

Buddy Punch is the BEST!

Our experience has been phenomenal.

Pros

I like the fact that the support staff is very willing to try to accommodate requests that we have.

Cons

I would like it if we could put Exempt employees on the system, just to track PTO.

Thank you Cathie for the review and kind words! We always try to help with support, even if we don't offer a feature we try to find a way to accomplish what you are looking to do. In regards to employees just tracking time off, they can do that too - there isn't a requirement to track time. We'll reach out with more details, thanks again!