Buddy Punch Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.3/10

Reviews by rating

That is one of the things I think are most important- the great customer serivce. The accessibility to actual people can help is valuable.
I love the facial recognition feature and other features that are offered to ensure that your staff is on the job site in order to sign in.
BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.
There were times where it was buggy and screens would get stuck so that you had to reopen the map and follow a specific procedure to avoid the issue from occurring again.
It is hard to correct if you did the wrong punch in or out.
The only issue we've encountered is adding or editing times. If somebody forgets their punch it can cause some struggle.

KJ

Kevin J.

General Manager

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Buddy Punch Tracks Hours At The Push Of A Button.

Transcript

Kevin J.: Hi, my name's Kevin, and I'm the general manager at a paper crafting company. We have about...

Kevin, hearing that Buddy Punch has met your company's unique needs with its flexibility and ease of use is wonderful. We're glad you found the transition smooth and appreciate the value it offers. Your recommendation is highly valued. Thanks for choosing Buddy Punch as your partner in growth!

EU

Emtiaz U.

Administrator

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great

Transcript

Emtiaz U.: Hi, my name's Emtiaz, I'm a health administrator. I give Buddy Punch five out of five stars....

Ifeoma O.

1,001-5,000 employees

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous. Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

NM

Natasha M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

employee point of view

Pros

Easy to use! It is easy to edit! And it does not require a lot of training to use!

Cons

I think it is making sure that the employees remember to clock in and out!

It’s great to hear how easy and straightforward you find our system, Natasha! We're glad that it’s helping you and your colleagues remember to clock in and out without requiring much training. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

SE

Sean E.

As an owner, I don't have any problems with Buddy Punch, but my employees have several problems.

Pros

It makes it easy for me to view and edit time cards as needed. I also like how I can create different categories for employees to clock in under.

Cons

My employees have a terrible time with Buddy Punch. The app does not work on a couple of their phones. When they do punch in on the computer, the buttons don't function like they're supposed to. For instance, they try to punch in and edit time, but it just punches them in and doesn't allow them to edit their time. It has also automatically punched an employee out five minutes after punching in (they did not punch out).

Hello Sean, I'm glad that we've been easy for you to use. I'm sorry to hear that your employees are having problems but thank you for the feedback. We have 2 features that will automatically punch an employee out. We can split shifts at midnight, which keeps time within each day, and we have a maximum hour in a shift. This will automatically punch an employee out as well. Sorry for any confusion on these features. We appreciate your business.

RC

Rhonda C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Champion of Employee Time Tracking

Pros

Buddy Punch is super easy to use, and has all the features one would need to have an efficient time tracking system. The customer service is top tier, and the reps are incredibly knowledgeable. Not only is Buddy Punch easy to use, but it is affordable, even for a small business. I've recommended Buddy Punch to others, and they love it. Glad I found them.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I have come across since using Buddy Punch.

We're absolutely delighted to know that Buddy Punch has been super easy to use and efficient for your time tracking needs, Rhonda. Your kind words about our customer service and the affordability for small businesses are greatly appreciated. It's wonderful to hear about your recommendations and the positive feedback from others. Thank you for being such a strong advocate for Buddy Punch!

MC

Marlon C.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

One of the best tracker

yes, best one the best program so far that i have used

Pros

Its convenient and easy to use and just overall good

Cons

It's the switching the punch it is confusing sometimes

Thank you, Marlon! We're thrilled you rate Buddy Punch so highly. If you need clarity on switching punches, please reach out to our support for assistance.

MS

Mohamed S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Amazing time tracking App

Pros

ease and cheap which all team member can use without any problem

Cons

nothing is remarkable everything is great

It's great to hear that you and your team find our time tracking app amazing, easy to use, and cost-effective, Mohamed! We're delighted everything is working smoothly for you. If there's ever anything we can do to make your experience even better, please let us know.

VS

Vickey S.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Payroll Prep

I have used several timekeeping systems and Buddy Punch overall is simple and easy to use.

Pros

The ease of use and simple reports. Option to break out departments and locations.

Cons

Would like to have the option to have separate subtotals for regular pay and overtime.

Thank you, Vickey! It's great to hear that you find our system straightforward and the reporting options sufficient for breaking out departments and locations. We appreciate your insights as they help us enhance our service.

MD

Marisela Diaz D.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Great New System for Hourly Employees

We have been using BP since Jan of this year and all the employees seem to like it and it keeps track of PTO, as well so we all know how many hours we have left and what our payroll hours will be.

Pros

Very precise on time and calculates the hours for you.

Cons

Nothing so far, all the features are easy to understand and very practical

Thanks, Marisela! It's fantastic to hear that Buddy Punch is working out so well for you and your team, especially with its accuracy and automatic hour calculations. We're glad everyone finds it easy to use and practical for managing PTO and payroll hours. Your positive feedback is greatly valued!

AL

Adriana L.

Research, 51-200 employees

Good system but i wonder if approval to login from several locations when users are restricted by IP address clock in can be implemented.

Pros

It has more than one way to clock in. The pin option is easy to use and remember.

Cons

There was one time where the hours were not displayed correctly for me but they were displayed correctly for my manager. This worried me.

We appreciate your feedback on the ease of using the PIN option, Adriana! If there's ever a discrepancy with how hours are displayed or any other concerns, our support team is just a message away. Thank you again for your feedback!

CT

Chantele T.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Buddy Punch user

Pros

I love how I can edit on my own rather than have to bother my HR dept when I forgot to clock in on time or clock out,( which I do rather frequently). I also like how it will punch you out after a certain time if you forget.

Cons

So far, I don't have any cons. It's very user friendly.

Thanks for the feedback, Chantele! We're delighted you're enjoying the flexibility to manage your clock-ins and outs directly, and that our auto punch-out feature is making things easier. It's wonderful to know you find Buddy Punch very user-friendly. Appreciate your kind words!

KB

Katie B.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

User friendly time tracking with geofence/GPS accountability

BP has been extremely accessible for customer service and have been open to suggestions for improvements/additional services. They have steadily grown over the last several years, offering more and more helpful services and integration with other programs. BP was also extremely accommodating during Covid shutdowns, allowing us to freeze our account in good faith that we would pick up where we left off as soon as we were able.

Pros

Very easy for employees and administrators alike to track time and edit if necessary. Provides accountability for our employees with the location settings such as GPS/Geofence. Provides a variety of reports that are helpful. Provides our employees with mobility--we can send them to any job site, and they have the ability to punch in/out.

Cons

Would like a report that provides a daily snapshot, chronologically, of who punched in/out and at what time. If this exact report exists, I have not been able to find it.

Thank you Katie for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS/geofencing features. We do take pride in our customer service, and I am glad it is showing! We appreciate your business!

AT

Anne T.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Buddy Punch

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Pros

Buddy Punch has made it easy for our practice since we expanded and now have staff in remote locations including staff that work from home. It's user-friendly and makes the supervisors'/managers' jobs easy when it comes to approving timecards! Payroll report is easy and it works with SurePayroll which is out payroll company.

Cons

I wish the phone app can delete auto punchouts. Currently, we have to log in to the online platform in order to do so.

Thank you Anne for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us user-friendly. I'm also glad to hear that our integration with SurePayroll is helpful too. We appreciate your business!

MG

Mia G.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Easy and simple to use

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes. If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

Pros

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time. I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off. I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

Cons

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel. Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

JW

Josh W.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Good Product

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours,...

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

SW

Stephenie W.

Works the way it is advertised. Learning curve was minimal.

This software is a great alternative to paper records, especially for a small company that has hourly employees. I have no idea how easy/hard setting up accounts is, but for me--a regular employee--it works wonderfully. If I knew someone starting their own business, or someone who has their own business, I would recommend this product.

Pros

When I made user errors (like forgetting to clock out) the software had built in measures to rectify my mistake. I forgot to punch out, and it has a feature to leave notes for your boss. You can also edit a punch after you make a mistake (just needs to be approved by your boss) So if you get excited and start working before you clock in? No problem. Just punch in and edit the time to an earlier time of the day. Then wait for your boss to approve the changes. It says I can review punches from previous weeks, but I haven't had time to explore that feature yet.

Cons

I didn't devote a lot of time to explore the software, so it took a full work week to figure out what it had to offer beyond punching in and out. Software seems great! I've only been using it for two weeks. I don't have complaints about the software. Any issues I faced were from a lack of understanding how it functioned, and I was able to figure it out on my own (for example: I forgot to punch out, and the next morning when I saw the error it showed me punching in and out at what seemed to be random times during the night) Biggest complaint: the company sent me emails asking me to review the product the very first day I used it, and I personally think people need a few days--up to a week--to familiarize themselves with the software (at least enough to write a review)

Thank you Stephanie for the great review, I'm glad your'e finding us easy to use and that you're finding our built in features to be helpful, such as forgetting to clock in or out. Also, sorry for asking for a review so fast! I appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again for the review and for your recommendation.

KH

Kim H.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Simple to use

So far, the Buddy Punch App has saved me time with the weekly payroll timecards. I don't have to depend on the employee turning in their timecard in person on Monday morning. It is especially helpful because they work on multiple jobsites and not in the office

Pros

I like that the employees can clock in and out on their phones since we have construction sites where there isn't a mobile office. It also lets them select the job they are working for so we can have accurate billing. It is helpful for our laborers who are often on multiple projects throughout the day. As an administrator, I like that I can access it from my phone or desktop. I use the feature to filter out the hours bases on the job, I like that I can see all the hours worked on a job for the week, and it is totaled up for me. we also use the GPS feature, I like that it shows me where they were when they clock in, in particular if they meant to select a different job and picked one by accident, we can narrow it down by GPS

Cons

It don't have a least favorite part about the software. It just takes a minute t become familiar to the options and how it works.

Thank you Kim for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS feature and that you're finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

BW

Brittany W.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Best system for business owners.

I like the ease of having the app on my phone considering I don't always go directly into the office first before I start working.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is the geographical location requirement. Every time you punch in/out it shows your employer your location. Making time clock fraud one less worry as a business owner and the employee more responsible about time maintenance because you cannot get paid if you are not physically at work.

Cons

Because of the added security of the geographical location, I do not like that it prompts me to also take my picture as I clock in/out. I don't feel comfortable with a third party technology company not only knowing my location but also what I look like and am wearing at that moment. For employers, understood, we know each other personally and professionally. But there are hackers in the world so my face and location shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for the review Brittany, it is great to hear you're finding us easy to use. It sounds like you're using our GPS and webcam image options. The webcam image feature is enabled/disabled by the administrator of the account, so it is an optional feature. The administrator can make it required on a per employee basis. Thanks again for the review!

AW

Anita W.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Buddy Punch serves all our needs

We have been using Buddy Punch since 2015. Prior to Buddy Punch we were using an excel spreadsheet for time keeping. We use Buddy Punch as a time clock for daily in/out and breaks. We use the PTO accrual system and PTO tracker. Buddy Punch is easy to use and easy to figure out. Customer service is responsive. The few times I've needed help (very rare) they were super responsive and made sure...

Pros

*Easy to use *Great mobile app *Many bells and whistles

Cons

The only Con I have with Buddy Punch is the name. 'Buddy Punch' just feels awkward.

Thank you Anita for the review and kind words, we appreciate your business throughout the years and the recommendation!

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Great time collection option

Pros

I was looking for a time collection option for our temporary employee staff. We have anywhere from 15 to 30 temporary employees on staff from different agencies on a weekly basis. It was a chore to have paper time tickets from multiple agencies and making sure the hours were approved by the supervisor was difficult as well. Buddy punch allows all Temp employees to punch in on one clock and it takes their picture so I can verify it was them. We have an IPad set up for this purpose only. At the end of the week I can easily run a report by staffing agency and send the reports to them so the temporary employee can be paid.

Cons

In the beginning we had issues with the IPad not not running the app correctly. I am not sure if the issues were on our end or if they were with Buddy Punch but we had to reload the program once a week it seems for the first couple of months. I am happy to say things are working much smoother now and I rarely need to reboot the IPad.

Thank you for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding our reporting options easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our webcam feature, which you can setup to require a photo of an employee on punches. Also good to hear that any issues with your iPad have been resolved. Thanks again!

AG

Ashley G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Easy Enough

I like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.

Cons

I dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.

JH

Josh H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Lopez Electric Time Clock

Pros

We mainly use BuddyPunch for time clock feature and use the GPS feature to track where our employees clock in and out since they do so at a remote site. The feature is accurate and is easy to use on our employees phones. If there are any issues it is easy for the administrator to log in and correct them.

Cons

There's not much bad to say about the software. We are a small company and we do not integrate BuddyPunch with our payroll, so the only thing that is an issue is trying to print out the timecards without cutting off some of the clock in time's.

Thank you Josh for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS feature and that your employees are finding us easy to use. If you ever need any help with report formatting please let us know, we are happy to take a look. We appreciate your business!

SC

Solomon C.

I use Buddy Punch for my small office with 5-10 employees. The value and functionality are great!

Pros

I can customize its features in a way that work for my situation! My employees can clock in and out from the free app on their phones, and I can limit that ability by ip address and location of timecard punch. I also like that it is so easy to review original punched, and to accept or decline requested modifications if employees have erred or forgotten to clock in or out.

Cons

I wish I had and used cameras for Punch in and Punch out. I don't know how possible this is, or if it's a feature already available, but I wish it would send a notification alert to my employees every time it connects to or loses my workplace wifi.... Or better yet, if it could report the wifi /IP address find and loss times, directly to me -the employer - this way I could approximate, objectively, how accurate my employees are at clock in and clock out.

Thank you Solomon for the review! I'm glad that you and your employees are using our mobile apps and our IP Lock feature. We offer the full punch history if any changes are requested, as you pointed out. Also thank you for the feature suggestion, we do not have a way to notify users when they lose wifi but I will add this to our request list. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

DT

Dawit T.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Buddy Punch

My overall experience with Buddy Punch has been positive. The system offers convenient and efficient ways to record attendance, providing flexibility with options like username and face ID logins. The user interface is generally user-friendly.

Pros

The most appreciated aspect of Buddy Punch system is its user-friendly interface, which simplifies the process of recording and tracking attendance effortlessly.

Cons

Navigating the web-based system becomes challenging once a user logs in with their username and switches to utilizing face ID.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Dawit. It's rewarding to know that you find our interface user-friendly and our attendance recording system efficient. We take note of your insights regarding the navigation between username and face ID logins and are always working to improve. Thanks again!

PB

Pamela B.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Buddy Punch Review

Great platform and Customer service.

Pros

Customer Service - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] assistance is AWESOME

Cons

Cannot add a new hirer in the system on a day when PTO accruals is applied. So if new employee comes on board I have to wait until after

Thank you for the review Pamela, it is great to hear that our customer service has been awesome! In regards to the PTO accrual balance - you can optionally always manually increase/decrease a balance as needed. Thanks again!

LB

Lindsey B.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

L. Bruce

My employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.

Pros

I like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.

Cons

My least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!