GoodHire Reviews

4.78/5 (58 reviews)

Sean Swift

Background Checks with a Human Touch

Reviewed 2018-09-11

Pros
The system is extremely easy to use. I personally was in the industry for 12 years prior to moving on to my current role, so I'm still up to date on systems like this. However, in my new role I'm training a team that is starting from scratch on the whole process - and inside of our first two checks they're logging in and generally able to navigate around and read/process reports with little problem. The UI/UX is intuitive and the system does a fantastic job of hand-holding through complex processes such as state-specific forms and the pre-adverse/adverse action workflow. Also, while it says "software", it should be noted that our account rep Jory is a bona fide rockstar. She's incredibly proactive, helpful, and is a joy to work with. Beyond that, I can speak to the fact that they are well up on their compliance enforcement as well, which is a mission-critical piece when dealing with a CRA. Given some of the issues inherent in working with one of the bigger fish (and I did work for one of the biggest), I'd strongly recommend looking into GoodHire if you're shopping for a CRA.

Cons
Just about the only thing is that because they aren't one of the biggest fish, the system still has a few quirks that the bigger ones have mostly ironed out by now. Minor things like, for example, not being able to order a SODB search as an a la carte...or the ability to run searches in Canada. The thing is, all of the above will be addressed in time, I'm sure. I work in product, I get what comes with the territory of a packed tech roadmap. It's comfortably outweighed by their competence and friendly service when it comes to the baseline functions of background checking.

Joleen Buttjer

Optimal Solution for Remote Team Members

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-08

My overall experience has been fantastic! Everything has been streamlined and become so much more efficient, just the sheer hours saved over the course of the year is far worth the investment!

Pros
This software provides me the ability to request confidential information from team members all across the U.S. It sends me updates as needed, not in excess. The reports back are extremely timely which keeps our hiring process moving efficiently along. In addition, GoodHire. connects seamlessly with our HRM platform, BambooHR. All records are kept where they belong, with each employees' file, it is kept private from everyone except for myself and senior leadership. I strongly recommend this platform to anyone with remote team members.

Cons
The only slight deterrent would be in regards to the pricing. I understand and acknowledge that having the ability to run additional items for different positions is standard, but with "so many" options, this can begin to make the background report pretty pricy. *Please note--thus far I do not need access to these features, this is merely my personal view should I ever come to a time and place whereby I need these "extras."

Jan Hooper

Bland Reports

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-09

GoodHire did exactly as we asked and has worked well for us for non-management or non-financial staff background reviews. When and if I require a background check for management and/or especially sensitive staff positions, I will need to review whether GoodHire can provide sufficient information.

Pros
That we did not need staff time or expertise to check the myriad sources for work history, educational history, or potential offenses.

Cons
The reports had essentially no "personal" flavor to them. We had a bad experience with one candidate who jumped through all the GoodHire hoops, and whose reports were squeaky clean, but whose background had events and experiences that we needed to know in advance. GoodHire needs to have additional levels of social media and legal search capability.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Serene Kidd

GoodHire does GoodWork

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Pros
This is the easiest thing in the world to use. I love their customer service, they put a proposal together quickly for me and were able to give me different background check options for different positions in our office. I love being able to send out the background check through a link. The website is very easy to use and the print out backgrounds are very easy to read and their turn around is so fast. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons
I live everything about the software, I have been really happy with it.

Very Satisfied with this company

Reviewed 2019-03-11

We have been very satisfied with GoodHire. The system is fast and dependable and the very few times we have had problems the phone service has been friendly and excellent.

Pros
Very reasonable priced, very efficient and fast, very easy for us and our clients to use

Cons
There are no drawbacks with this product.

Kari Puckett

Simplified Our Background Check Process

Reviewed 2019-08-22

So far we have had a great experience with GoodHire. That fact that it integrates with our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, has made requesting and keeping track of background checks much easier.

Pros
Integration with Greenhouse/ease of use and ability to select add on check options if needed.

Cons
Was a small challenge to set up and integrate with Greenhouse initially.

Matt Justice

Good Background Checks

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
We like all of the information that the background checks provide us with. It allows us to make sure we are hiring reputable employees and meeting our client requirements.

GoodHire Review

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Overall, we are very pleased with GoodHire. Their reports they give us give us everything that we need and and processed in a timely manner.

Pros
GoodHire has been a great background search tool for us. Their user interface is easy to use and their reports come back quickly. They setup the reports to pull all data that is required by your company.

Cons
Since we have been using this software, we have not had any issues. We have not seen any cons as of yet, which is a good thing.

Heidi Holzapfel

Excellent value and verified accurate results

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-25

As a small business owner, I value something that's reliable, easy, and cost-effective. Thanks for making this part of hiring fit those points!

Pros
Literally one-stop-shopping for background checking. I own a small, growing business and want to minimize on-boarding costs while obtaining complete and accurate background information. GoodHire fits the bill on both points, plus the turn around for standard background check is very prompt. I have not use the drug screening option, but with my existing experience with the service I would not hesitate to add that to an order if need be. I have purchase 2 background checks at GoodHire and plan on using them further for my hiring needs.

Cons
When selecting the type of background search and applicable add-ons, it would be helpful for people like me who aren't overly familiar with the types of searches to have a brief explaination as to what information each one entails. (For instance, what would be the benefit of running a candidate in a National database as opposed to only local? What type of information is available in one or the other?)

Taryne Kraus

Love Good Hire

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Excellent, except for the two points above.

Pros
So easy, accurate and quick. My initial call with Goodhire was phenomenal. Within about 30 minutes we were all set up with a profile that works well for us. Top notch sales person! Fast and efficient - just how I like it!

Cons
I wish you could enter the candidate information first THEN they print the invoice. It would be nice to see the candidates name on the invoice to help approve invoice at the end of the month. Also, I wish I could cancel a background check request without having to call in. Mistakes or changes are made and I'd like to be able to adjust the b/g check on my own. Quite frustrating.

Keileigh Neugebauer

Reviewed 2019-05-26

Pros
Extremely easy to use. You can even add whatever non basic features you want to each background check. All the reports store easily on your dashboard and you can export them in their entirety with just a click. Turn around time is also excellent-usually within 1 business day.

Cons
Only con is not being able to run large batch checks at one time.

Response from GoodHire

Hi Keileigh, We always love to get feedback from our customers! Re: the large batch checks, we actually do offer that feature - contact support and they should be able to help you.

Lauryn Williams

Ok but be careful of add on's

Reviewed 2018-05-06

Pros
Pretty easy to use and straight to the point for the most part. The cost is also good for a small business owner

Cons
There are a lot of add on's they spend time trying to get you to do to make more money. before you purchase a background check. Also, they send you an email saying the report is almost done when it is actually done and try to get you to buy even more stuff besides what you purchased. It is confusing because you don't ever get confirmation that the report you paid for is complete.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Carla Garrett

The Best Background Check Around

Reviewed 2019-08-08

From the point of contact when I expressed interest to actually using the system, the overall experience has been great. We will be using this service next year.

Pros
The simplicty and ease of running the check makes this, hands down, the best service we've encountered. Not only is it easy to run the check but I can see the status of all those pending and if there are alerts going through that process is equally as easy. It is very user friendly.

Cons
When manually entering the email address, it would refuse to accept it the first time. This happened quite a bit.

Shelby Lewis

Nice Product, a bit Pricey

Reviewed 2019-05-24

I like what they have to offer, especially as far as customer service. It's really easy to run a background check and allow a candidate to schedule their own drug screening. Basically, you enter their name and email address (which you likely have from their resume,) and they approve to be checked and submit to a drug screening. It's been really easy, especially when you have remote candidates like us.

Pros
- Easy to use - Customer service is VERY helpful. I've messaged their live chat reps several different times and always had a good experience. - Clean interface, easy to export/read reports - Customizable but automatic notifications

Cons
- Background checks took at least a week to complete. This isn't necessarily uncommon, but when you're in an industry where quick turn-around is essential, it's not great. - A little pricey. While a background check and drug screening may not be cheap, the add-ons like MVR and education checks add up quickly.

Todd Muller

Easy to use, quality Background Check Tool

Reviewed 2019-06-25

Goodhire works!

Pros
GoodHire is easy to use, quick to provide results and so far, hasn't made any errors I'm aware of.

Cons
No real cons, other than it GoodHire doesn't integrate with our ATS (JazzHR.)

Leila Blauner, MS, PMP, CSM, ACP

Easy Background Checks

Reviewed 2016-03-07

I used this the last time I had to run a background check on a new hire, and it made the process extremely easy. The UI is excellent, automation of previously cumbersome processes, progress reports, etc.

Pros
Proactive communication (progress tracking), UI, ability to create your own packages (purchase just the reports needed), and the support is excellent (I got very quick response)

Cons
I wish there was some way to pay a rush fee for certain elements to go faster (obviously there are limitations when there are dependencies on external agencies)

Cindy Jo Calvit

Awesome!

Reviewed 2019-08-08

I use it for new hire processing and it has been wonderful. All-in-one stop shop and quick responses.

Pros
I love this software. Easy to use, quick results and all-in-one processing.

Cons
Since I have been using this product it has made new hiring so easy. I have no complaints.

Crystal Donahower

Helpful Tool

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-08-19

We use this software during our hiring process and it is very helpful in determining who we are sending out to potential clients.

Pros
I like the ease of use, but I found that when an alert comes back, giving the potential employee a chance to provide an explanation of the occurrence is a great feature.

Cons
There is nothing I have found that I do not like about this software.

Cierra Pappadakis

Good

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
This program is super easy to use and can be accessed anywhere. It's very customizable and has great, useful features.

Cons
I wish you could run more background checks in a certain amount of time but it's understandable that the system has a tight security on that feature.

Sharyn Sitanggang

There is better background check software out there

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
Not much to be honest - the interface is easy enough to navigate without having to sit through a tutorial but the pros column ends with that.

Cons
It took way too long to integrate with our other system and even then, we realized that it wouldn't work for whatever reason [I don't even think our rep knew what the reason was]. The reports end up being like 50+ pages long and frankly, no one needs to cut down a tree to print a background report. Waiting on the candidate to fill stuff out is frustrating so I would rather go the old school route and make them sign something up front so I can initiate the check and get it going. This isn't my favorite background check software to use but I guess if that's all you have, you make it work.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Brad Plein

So Easy To Use!

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Pros
Easy data entry, user friendly platform.

Cons
Does not provide accurate completion dates.

Great Company

Reviewed 2017-03-07

We have signed up and started to use GoodHire, We are so impressed by it. What a great decision to move forward. We use it for Pre-employment screening

Pros
Timely results, Ease of operation

Cons
Nothing I can think of

Christina Hile

It's a great system, user friendly, and has quick return time on background checks.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Fast, accurate results and FCRA compliant.

Pros
We love that you can customize each search as needed by adding or removing items. This allows for more thorough checks depending on each position applied for in our company. It's also nationally based and accurate which is a necessity for our business that's located in a tourist town. We are a customer facing business that uses a one-on-one model: one employee, to one customer. We are thankful for knowing that our hand picked employees are safe, and who they truly claim to be.

Kelly Keller

GoodHire streamlines the process

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Very positive - customer service has been wonderful and timely. I nevre personally worked with the program a previous employer used, but I know this process is much more user friendly than the one they used

Pros
I like that the candidate can easily complete their background check information on their own. I have had no one complain about unnecessary glitches or obstacles.

Cons
It is a little wonky if you have the rare person who doesn't have an email address, but there is a way around it so even this is not a big deal in any way.

Ariel Lopez

Absolutely love this service!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

Having tried and used multiple background check services in the past, this one, hands down, has been fantastic. The pricing is inexpensive, it is easy to use and incredibly fast.

Pros
It is inexpensive, easy to use, customizable (you can add on additional items you want to be checked) and ridiculously fast. I also like that you can easily share the results with the perspective employee you are running the check on.

Cons
Can not think of any.