Monitask Logo

Monitask Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.25/10

See full reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

Seems like a good solution. I called in to have help with changing some of the features and they had great customer service.
All the products have an easy and user friendly interface. The screen shot option is very good.
Overall it's great and I like it. I will surely recommend it to others.
If you end the service, you loose all the data on your employees hours worked. There's now way to download it.
I am a bit confused about the overall timing as few of agents disagree.
It sometimes stops time tracking even though I'm working.

Jennyfer M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Probably the best time tracking system I've tried

I've used it for the duration of its trial and I love it! My trial is going to be over in a few days and I'm planning to purchase.

Pros

Whether logging in as an admin or end-user, the system is super easy to use. There's no steep learning curve or anything like that. It tracks time and works as a keylogger to better track productivity, my staff and I love it because it helped us keep productivity levels at 90%

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up shifts and to process payroll based on those shifts.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Monitask - easy, fast, nice

Overall, very good app, if not the mobile app absence, this would be our winner.

Pros

We were testing few apps to pick up the most appropriate, and Monitask was the easiest to implement. Although we run the trial period only, still impressed with customization options, and a very user-friendly interface and support.

Cons

There is no mobile app for employees, those who work "on the go" can't track the timing. Also, there is still a place to improve in the reporting section.

Sa

Sebahattin a.

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

Amazing!

I am satisfied with my experience. An app that I would recommend. Hassle free and user friendly

Pros

One of the best applications for remote monitoring. It is very easy to use. I got used to it quickly even on first use. The real-time vision feature works great.

Cons

I did not encounter any negative features. I definitely recommend it.

SS

Saurabh S.

Missing features

Overall I liked this system but without few features mentioned above, it will be difficult to use it for long term.

Pros

User friendly interface, Required reporting features. Main thing I liked about this is ability to select currency for each individual separately.

Cons

It do not have some of the features like 1) We can not provide access to client for reviewing project and where time is consumed 2) It do not have a way to put non billable hours. For example, if I have worked 5 hours on a project and want to bill my client only 2 hours. I can not do that. I have to delete 3 hours in order to do it but I need those 3 hours information for future reference. 3) It do not Integrate with task management software like Office 365, Jira 4) Good to have video recording feature apart from screenshot

MA

Muhammad A.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

" New software but a very impressive "

I have a good experience and I rate it 9.5/10.

Pros

Monitask is one of the best project and team management software. it is a very easy and simple tool to manage your tasks, you can easily access all the information and also it provide you the guidance and templates for your projects, one of the best things that impressed me is that we can easily access ouer account from anywhere on any devices that we trust.

Cons

This is a new entry in the market so there are some errors at the developer's end. but overall it is the best software to mange tasts.

Essence H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The best of the best!

I used to use a time tracking software but it didn't take screenshots and remind me of idle time. I like both of the features because it gives some accountability.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the design of the platform is clean and easy to understand.

Cons

I liked other software to download an app,I don't believe this app has that option.

JH

Joy H.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Life Changing Self Management

As an entrepreneur, I often feel guilt that I'm not spending "enough" time working on various projects. Once I started using Monitask, everything became objective and my time has started to become more valuable. Things that get measured get improved. This objective feedback on how I'm spending my time has given me so much encouragement and motivation. I can see progress happen, and I'm able to feel better about the work I do.

Pros

Ease of use Weekly reports by project that give you a visual overview of how you spent your time

Cons

I would like a colorful chart or graph that gives a visual breakdown of how I spent my workweek (time spent by project). At least they provide a numerical total hours logged by project, and by week.

sb

shailendra b.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

simple and affordable

Well it solves the purpose of monitoring your remote employee and helps in getting the productivity from them. The reports are very well detailed and provides good insight though more improvements can be done.

Pros

Ease of use. Clean UI. Amazing support. Mobile friendly Dashboard. Affordable and provides features which are mostly in other softwares for $10+ .

Cons

No Android App or IOS app for monitoring. Some more advanced features in Projects can be included.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

it is easy to manage personal programs that are not supported by these monitoring

Need to set some prohibition features for programs and tracking

Pros

There were a lot of questions, but they were very kind

Cons

I was complete satisfied with everything

Internet, self-employed

Intersting tool for time management

Pros

- simplicity - good visual - all primary needed reports

Cons

It would be great to have task with subtask support, some additional reports for this.

Syazila R.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Task tracking efficiently

Pros

Monitask is one of the software that has a very clean and effective task tracking feature. All the task can be added its own due date and can be flagged with its current status like on progress or complete. For collaborating task with my colleague, the task status help us aware of our current project situations.

Cons

One of feature that Monitask missing is the client platform. It will great if there is a way or platform that I can grant client access to some space on the software wheres i can share the task progress with them. It will make it easier for them to collaborate with me and get a quick report for it.

Falisha Z.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Task tracking and manager

Pros

Monitask is important for my workflow, as they offer an easy way to track and time track my task. I usually collaborate it with my team, and we can monitor easily the task progress and intervention that are needed for the task. The notification will be sent either by email or on the notification central for the task that has reach its dateline and still not marked complete.

Cons

Monitask has limited logs or history for the time tracking. It only store the logs for the last 2 weeks and nothing after it. I make the auditing process is harder as i will need to save the logs manually before it disappeared.

SB

Simon B.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Simple to use with one drawback

good experience. site has been up 100% of the time. Quick and intuitive

Pros

the software has a very easy interface to use. i use it on desktop and have never opened in mobile so i cant indicate how that is. its features follow most software formats which have all of the user capabilities on the right hand side. Visually the interface is appealing and easy to read. It provides all of the useful features needed in a timetracting software

Cons

I am the admin of the account and in not as user. However i am being charged as a user. i contacted the company about this and they said they hope to deal with that in the future but i haven't been informed as such.

Hi Simon, thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoy using Monitask. I would also like to inform you that now we do have a feature of setting Admins to be free on paid plans. I've just enabled this for your account. New invoices will subtract one user, since you are not using the app to track time!

ON

Orlando Nandito N.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

A powerfull Software to manage team, good job Monitask Team!

Pros

this software is really helpfull for me to manage my small team. its really make a remote work is really possible to do. before i know Monitask, i just thing that working remote is really difficult to trust really my team. but because Monitask, i can really more trust with my team, and i can be more productive and effective to know what is important in development so i can see all my team works on their screen. good job Monitask Team!

Cons

sometimes monitask is buggy, where sometimes the screenshot is not loaded or sometimes at my team screen it already recorded, but in dashoard its not. so i hope this software can be better in the future. but overall i realy love the team how they treat me as a user.. where every report i bring to developer, they really heard about that and fix it as soon as a possible.

DC

Daniel C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Super easy to use and br

Pros

I could quickly implement it and it made it viable for my company to fully stabilish with home-office work.

Cons

Lacks a few settings options. The default options are ok, but for some cases, some flexibility would be nice.

Masturah D.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great way in tracking task

Pros

Monitask gives a new perspective in the way of monitoring a task and project. It is a great way for project administration to track the project progress percent and which task is still left behind the time schedule.

Cons

It will be great if the task has an option for mobile version, so for the user that need to go off the sites still can be counted on their task timing. It is not too pressing, but should be good it they have it.

MA

Mei Angelica d.

Government Relations, 11-50 employees

Great time-tracking app!

Pros

I love the idea that the app is able to track the internet time and apps used by the user. It builds discipline and also shows your integrity for the client.

Cons

I'm not very fond of the pause feature since it's hard to track the specific time you spent for a task especially if your project is split on a daily basis.

DV

Dubravka V.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The Best Time Tracking Software

I tried a couple of different time tracking softwares and they all missed some of the features that I liked, Monitask has them all. I really like all the different personalizations you can do, it's cool that you can have different settings for different team members. I also like the ability to have different projects.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's accurate. What I really like is that it can work in background and you can turn off screenshot notifications so it doesn't hinder your work.

Cons

Adding manual time cannot be disabled and I don't get notified when one of the employees adds manual time.

LM

Len M.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

good value- full feature set & supports multiple monitors

our full team, everyone including management and owners, uses this tool. We found it very helpful to keep us on task.

Pros

Full feature set, ability to screen capture more than one monitor, and ability to update task comments in between/independent of screen captures - this allows the team to note key items as they come up. Pricing is fair.

Cons

minor...no direct way to go from the tool to the www dashboard. Need to click 'enter manual time' then go from there.

RL

Ramona L.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

HAppy with the product

happy with it so far; been using it for the best part of two years and it is a daily necessity as I work remotely. Is great that you can use it for free on the basic options and I wouldn't change it unless I have to. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward, little errors over time.

Cons

Has some unexplained glitches over time and in the last few updates I can't have it in the pinned taskbar icon when running, it opens in a different icon - so I end up with two icons on my taskbar.

AM

Akash M.

Monitask Review

Nice Experience for this Product.

Pros

This App Contains Company Features. Time to Time Notification. Nice Access and Privileged settings.

Cons

If possible can you also add daily keyboard and mouse taps.

JO

Jay O.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

A great way to track how efficient you are!

It's been great! Time saver and lets me see what tasks are taking much of my time!

Pros

This takes screenshot, automatically groups my time depending on the task I am focusing on, and so easy to use! UI looks good too!

Cons

For now - at least I don't like that I need to manually click Sync to server to get updated of things, I like that to be automatic

Jisselle B.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Love using this!

It's been great in helping me streamline the management of my assistant's tasks.

Pros

I use it to track and manage my assistant's projects. I love the time tracker for each project, it helps with accountability.

Cons

Nothing! I was using Hubstaff, but this is cheaper and has even more features.

cp

chinmes p.

Review of monitask

Pros

Easy to use. Good functionalities and features

Cons

It don't monitor timing while we are in a meeting in google meet or zoom. It calculated as inactive time

LD

Linda Devina W.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Nice but need some revision

I feel a good experience

Pros

Efficiency of time when we used it to see the progress of staff's task

Cons

Sometimes it needs a time to syncronize the data, sometimes it off automatically