Paycom Reviews

4.29/5 (273 reviews)

Ricky Aladort, MBA, PMP

Human resource management simplified

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Paycom is a wonderful tool for small to medium organizations looking for a single system to manage Human Resources related tasks and processes. Employees spend less time managing their time, information, and benefits which results in more productivity. Performance management has become more visible organization-widePerformance management is a key feature that allows me to efficiently track and manage my team's performance. Instead of a one-time, resource consuming performance review cycle, Paycom allows me to add notes throughout the year so end-of-year performance reviews become a snap. We recently implemented Paycom expense which has streamlined submitting and approving team and department expenses. A key feature is the ability to create expense templates for monthly recurring expenses, saving valuable time and energy. Benefits management simplifies what could be a complex process to research, understand, and enroll in company sponsored benefits. In particular, a single dashboard displays all of your employee benefits making it easy to find what you're looking for and make changes along the way.

Chad Rogers, CLU, ChFC

Paycom, my HR Department

Reviewed 2018-09-27

None of the payroll companies I have used in the past even compare to Paycom. The dedicated specialist is very important to me and I can speak to them with any questions. With the other companies, my payroll account never seemed to be important or big enough with them and I was never able to get the help I needed. With that said, this made a situation where I had to figure everything out and make sure my filings were correct and on the correct forms. One thing I do not want to do is get messed up with payroll taxes. The other companies didn't seem to care if I was compliant and I never had a good relationship to rely on with their specialists. The costs associated with Paycom are also better than any of the above listed companies. Overall, Paycom is my HR Department and I am very satisfied. The ease of use is the single best quality of this company. My payroll processing time has never been as effiecent or organized in my 18 years of having my business. I am on the site weekly and am very glad that I can process my payroll in a few minutes. I have w2 employee’s and 1099 contractors that I pay through my company. Having a tool that is easy saves me time and thus saves me money. The greatest asset that Paycom offers is their friendly and knowledgeable staff. I would be lost without my specialist. She is amazing. Once the payroll is complete, the reports are very easy to use and run so that I can keep track of all my expenses.

Vera Boyko

Excellent Product, Excellent Service

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-30

As stated previously, toggling between my 4 companies saves me a lot of time. We also have a lot of employees that work out on the field and having a mobile app for those employees has been a big help.Paycom is excellent. I work with 4 different companies and i am able to manage all four separate companies from the same log-in. It lets you toggle between companies which makes my time card editing and approving process go by so much faster! I also LOVE the customer service. I have a designated agent whom I can call directly if i have any issues and she is quick to help out in any way she can. Additionally, the W2s are sent to ou via fedex all ready to go. SO easy to deal with during tax season

Christopher Teerlink, aPHR

This is a great alternative to ADP! If you are looking for a new HRIS system, check it out.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

This has allowed us to simply our new hire onboarding dramatically. Additionally, it allows us to significantly cut down on the paperwork surrounding our employees as all forms can be electronically signed and saved in the system.For the price, its a great alternative to the big box companies offering their HRIS platforms. Their payroll, benefits administration, documents facilitation, etc is excellent. This product is great if you are looking to pull your company out of the stone age as we have. We especially like the electronic new hire paperwork option.

Trevor Jones

We use Paycom for both our ATS and Payroll with ease. Our employees find the platform easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-06-07

For Payroll, the cost of this service is better than other platforms for a business less than 200 employees. It's easy for our employees to use on their phone for clocking in and out and managers find it easy to approve time bi-weekly. For the ATS, it really cuts down on double entry throughout the recruiting process. Fairly simply user interface that really extends a user's access to their talent acquisition. Customer service has also been great with our rep coming into our office on a somewhat regular basis. You don't see that kind of attention for a software provider.

Christina Edgeworth

Paycom has been a lifesaver!

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Paycom is much easier to use than other HR software I have used and the Paycom team always keeps our HR/Payroll department in the know on important changes and enhancements. They send out monthly product updates that truly do make life easier! They don't leave you wondering what happened, they are great with communicating when something will change. They always take into consideration when clients recommend system enhancements. Paycom is ever evolving for the better!

Jenna Young

Good for Employee Management, Payroll, and Benefit Administration

Reviewed 2018-07-25

-Eliminated paper processes - Better Payroll and Benefit Administration processes Paycom makes managing employee files, onboarding employees, payroll, and benefit administration so much easier than the systems we were using in the past. Paycom also has excellent customer service, providing me with a dedicated rep that I can call anytime.

Ryan Pezer

Former Paychex Customer

Reviewed 2018-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Robust Reporting Benefit Module is easy to use. As a client, you can manage your own benefit plans with just a few clicks of the mouse. Payroll budgeting tool allows a budget to be set, managers can request the increase by individual. You can get as intricate with this as you'd like.

Jeanean South

Paycom is the most efficient, innovative and trustworthy resource for our payroll and human resource

Reviewed 2017-07-12

Our most valuable asset are our employees. For a payroll and benefits administrator, Paycom puts customer first in taking care of employees with efficiency and protects our business in the ever-changing world of government regulations and taxes. The employees love Paycom because they have access to their account 24/7 for their own peace of mind as well as great tools such as vacation requests and proof of income verification when they are making exciting life changes such as buying a car or house. Thankfully our payroll taxes, healthcare regulations, and complicated government reporting is all handled by Paycom, providing the assurance that our business is 100% compliant. With Paycom, doing payroll and implementing benefits such as vacation accruals, pension plan contributions, and health benefits is very simple to administer freeing up time to focus on our organization's growth. When adding a new feature or benefit, Paycom's customer service is amazing! Our professional account representative is friendly, helpful and efficient. Paycom is also continually providing great training and updates on new features that are available. In a quick minute or two, I have learned valuable information on how Paycom is doing, even more, to stay ahead of client's needs and wants by continuing to be innovative and an invaluable resource. Paycom has been the best company decision for us!

Jenniffer Sullivan

Paycom Employee and Client Software Review

Reviewed 2018-09-07

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use. It provides a tutorial if you have any questions. It is easy to request time off as an employee but also approve my team members time off, and edit their time cards if needed. The app is also great because if someone forgets to approve their time card, it can be done from home. I also really like that I can view my paystubs as well with just a click. Paycom is a very proficient software and I would recommend it for businesses.

Corbin Harrison

While it isn't "feature rich" it does all the important things, does them fairly well, and does them at a low price

Reviewed 2018-04-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Our current support team and Rep are fantastic!Ease of use. The software is very intuitive and requires very little training time before someone can begin to navigate and begin to use it effectively. This is especially important with a broad user base who doesn't use the system regularly. Also, price is very reasonable.

Cynthia Pinkerton

Paycom has been great! It is a real time-saver!!

Reviewed 2017-12-06

It is very hard for me to say what I like the MOST about this software. We went from 27 total employees to 62 in a matter of about 6 weeks. As a one-person payroll/HR department, Paycom helped to make my life so much easier. Paycom does so much for me. 1. My dedicated specialist is very patient. He is always helpful and knowledgeable. 2. We are able to assign and track our employees' training here. 3. We are able to store all of our employees' documents within the system. Having Paycom has been a huge help to me. I highly recommend that you try it!

Alexa Donnelly

The software has helped us improve how we communicate, share information, and reach our employees.

Reviewed 2017-09-11

The software is very easy to use and they are always providing updates to improve and further simplify the user-experience. Customer Service has been an issue we've had in the past, but this has since been addressed, as we were recently provided with a representative who is more hands-on and attentive to our very specific needs.The software/website is very easy to use and they are always providing updates to improve and further simplify the user-experience. For a nonprofit organization like ours, the range of capabilities they provide is limitless, allowing us to generate detailed reports, create basic and intensive staff development trainings, implement mileage reimbursement reports, manage information on health benefits, and so much more.

Nathan Herkelrath

Used it as an employee for about three years.

Reviewed 2018-04-06

I liked that I could access it remotely and that it allowed me to update my w4 info and generate prior paystubs going back 18 months when I needed to provide for a mortgage loan.

Carissa Martin

Paycom is the Whole System

Reviewed 2018-03-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I love the ease of payroll processing as well as the benefits programming. The Documents section of the system allows for a complete and easy to access paper trail and historical employment record of all employees. This has save our HR department many man hours because there is no need to shuffle paperwork anymore. I have worked with 10+ systems over the last 22 years and this is one that I would recommend to anyone

Kari Watkins

excellent -- great technology --it's like having a huge HR department

Reviewed 2018-06-14

ease of use -- usable anywhere. We have used PAYCOM for more than nearly 20 years -- have never regretted it. We are a small non-profit and this service makes it easier for everyone from a small business to a large corporation.

Anonymous

Great for companies over 50 - 100 employees

Reviewed 2018-12-09

I'd recommend Paycom for any company that's moving over 50 employees or over 100 employees and you need everything in one place - Timesheets and HR and Payroll are all in one place with Paycom.It's cut and dried HR, logging in and observing pay periods or setting up schedules is easy. It's nice to have Timesheets, Time off Requests, and Payroll in one place as opposed to having these scattered across other small software (Harvest, Tsheets). The mobile app is nice.

Michael "Sully" Sullivan

Why didn't we switch sooner?

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Paycom is sooo much better than what we had before. It's night and day difference from our old provider. The ability to customize the fields and criteria that we need for our payroll and recruiting is incredible. Their customer service is top notch. There's nothing they aren't willing to do for their customers. I'm blown away! Oh, it's really easy for your employees to log in to their Self-Service platform. There they can do a number of things such as: update tax information, print paystubs, update personal information, etc.

Sherry Lee

Overall, Paycom is a great value for the money.

Reviewed 2018-06-07

Paycom is an intuitive system, so new employees and supervisors get up to speed on it quickly. The company is responsive to client feedback. We have seen many improvements in the 5 years we have been using it. Customer support and our account rep are helpful and responsive.

Adam Merillat

Simple, Clean and Easy to Use System

Reviewed 2018-12-20

Single point of information from applying for a position to automating notices that need to go out when an employee is terminated. We started simple with the basic features and have been continuing to add and add using more and more of the system.

Danny Ray Heiple

Switched from ADP to Paycom

Reviewed 2015-02-12

We took two years to make a final decision on which payroll service provider we would select next, I cannot tell you how patient and understanding Paycom was. They were not pushy at all and just presented us with the facts. I have been processing payroll for 22 years and I have to say this was the easiest of the five payroll implementations I have done over the course of my career. Paycom took the driver seat and made this experience way easier than I ever planned or expected, so much to the point we just knew our first payroll would be a failure and bomb out but that couldn't be further from the truth. To our amazement and surprise everything they told us happened just as they said it would. When my team would have meetings to discuss implementation we would say "this just seems to easy" "something must be missing" and my favorite is "just wait until we process our first payroll". I have now processed three payrolls and they were flawless. Our Transition Specialist was amazing, he was on site for two full days during our first payroll and has been on site at least one day during our other two processing's. I cannot say enough good things about Paycom and the team we have worked with. It is really "live" and all in one system. We were able to replace our Recruiting/Applicant Tracking and Performance Review system in addition to just our HRIS/Payroll System. Now everything is one place. AMAZING. Like every new system you have to get use to their processes but once you do it is so user friendly and easy to use. Even our employees like Paycom as we are self-service driven. I strongly recommend Paycom to anyone looking for a Payroll Service Provider. Danny H.EVERYTHING, seriously we love this system! Highly recommend.

Damaris Santiago

Great complete HRIS system with Payroll. Great Value

Reviewed 2017-11-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Very happy to strongly recommend Paycom. They have a great product, great customer care and at a very good value. We evaluated 10 other HRIS systems with Payroll and are glad we chose the right company. Complete solution for growing companies with huge functionalities and a system to keep you out of trouble with all the HR and DOL rules etc. Superior customer support. We have been very happy with the very high level of customer support, training and systems work. I have not worked with a vendor before that had this high level of support. They really care and make sure you understand the product well and how to maximize the benefits. Other software vendors we've used for HR as well as other products had nowhere near this level of support.

Courtney Cunningham

Covers a lot of HR functions, but some areas are not straight forward.

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Simplified and made us a more green business!Offers everything that an HR department would need. The ATS system is super helpful and payroll processing went smoothly. Our customer service rep was always available and responsive. He was willing to walk us through the process each step of the way.

Andrew McNamara

Paycom is great for your HR needs

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Paycom is like a one stop shop for your HR needs. It makes it easy to manage your work schedule/paycheck deductions/benefits/trainings as an employee and as a manager. I have used this numerous times to check to see when I am next working if unsure. With the ease of a few clicks I am able to adjust my paycheck deductions when necessary without having the hassle of paperwork or going to an HR office. I am able to clearly see which training I need to complete, and get a little notification for anything I have left to get done. I really enjoy being able to have all of these documents online in one place online, rather than having to access multiple sites, or have a physical pile of paperwork.

Tara Andrews

The very best company for all HR and Payroll needs!

Reviewed 2018-12-19

I have found that everything you need within the HR world is right at your fingertips with Paycom. Now that we use Applicant Tracking and Document and Task Management, our onboarding process has been simplified for our new employees, our supervisors and myself. The ease of use within the entire system makes my job much easier.