Workyard Logo
Workyard

Time tracking tool for businesses in construction industry

visit website

Workyard Reviews

User ratings

5.0

• Likelihood to recommend9.82/10

See full reviews by rating

The personal have been very helpful when I needed any help in learning some of the features.
Changing time for an employee if they forget to log in.

Workyard users...

QuickBooks Time-logocaret
listing-logo

QuickBooks Time

How would you rate Workyard?

Very Satisfied!

Overall experience is awesome because if HR isn't happy no one is Happy!

Pros

Workyard is very user friendly when set up and maintained. Employees can switch from job to job with no down time. This makes tracking job costs a breeze.

Cons

Workyard doesn't lend itself to view all workers location at one time, I have to open each employee to find out where they are.

Easy Implementation, Seamless Process

Their customer service is phenomenal, you call and get a live person and quick email follow up.

Pros

The ease to set up and track on a daily basis!

Cons

N/A, they are coming out with a scheduling addition which will make this app the complete package.

George, thanks for your review. We've worked so hard to make sure Workyard is an app that anyone on your team can pick up and use in minutes. So glad that effort paid off!

Time/Stress Saver

From the start, the team that I worked with was very responsive to all of my questions and concerns. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the engineer and I spent quite some time over video conference calls working out the kinks and he worked really hard to make sure that it was what I needed BEFORE even purchasing the software. I am grateful for the amount of time we have saved and the stress of payroll has become so much lighter for us as a company and we can confidently attribute that to what WorkYard has done for us.

Pros

We transitioned from a time tracking software that was giving us massive headaches with overtime and double time. During the free trial, we ran some tests to make sure that the OT and DOT were calculating properly and even learned a few things about how OT and DOT work. We love the Dashboard to be able to see the costs of payroll for the period and the ability to easily have multiple managers approve time. The potential that they will be able to sync this with our payroll service is also something we look forward to.

Cons

We are unable to pull reports the way that we want to. We want to be able to pull the cost allocation by the department.

Dana, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. Glad to hear that we're relieving some of the stress you had with your previous software provider. Thanks for pointing out the additional reporting requirements. Good news is that we'll be adding that in to a future release. We also continue to add new payroll integrations. We'll keep you posted on updates to both of the above.

Employees time cards/whereabouts at your fingertips

The main solves were getting the employees hours together for the payroll service without having to chase each time card down. With this system I have it at my fingertips and can even use it as a billing tool to look back weeks/months behind to find that missing day or hours on a job that was not tabulated on the job list.

Pros

This product was simple to implement and it's ease of use really streamlined my involvement with respect to getting the time sheets to the payroll processor. We are a service business and the crews may have 5 to 12 jobs a day, With the GPS tool I cam let customers know ETAs without bothering employees with calls/texts while they are driving.

Cons

What I liked least about this product was that I had not found it sooner......

Ian, thanks for leaving this review! When we started Workyard we were so frustrated with how hard traditional tools were to implement and how poorly designed they were. We're so glad you had a smooth experience getting started. We wish we'd met sooner, too. We're just getting started so we promise your wait was worth it.

Great for Construction Workers

Excellent

Pros

Time keeping for each individual worker and reports easy to pull for payroll.

Cons

Changing time for an employee if they forget to log in. Not really sure - the supervisor uses this system more.

Charlotte, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Glad to hear that your team feels like it's easy to use on their phones and that you can get the reports you need. Someone from our support team is going to reach out to you about your concern regarding editing employee time if they forget to clock in. For now, I wanted to share that we send them reminders and provide geofence detection but we also know that there will still be times when your team simply forgets. That's why we make it easy to quickly edit a time card or even manually add one from either the mobile phone app or the desktop.

Workyard

Since our start of using Workyard the available information has greatly improved our focus on labor profitability.

Pros

One app delivers all the information I need to cost the job, track employee time and deliver it to payroll.

Cons

The mapping feature does not keep up with the pace of development.

Gary! We've always dreamed of hearing that small contractors can finally get the data they need to drive profits without paying for those incredibly expensive enterprise platforms. Music to our ears that you're experiencing it.

Superior Functionality

The customization provided to our jobs through cost codes along with the ability to monitor our efficiency throughout the work week has been supremely beneficial. I also really appreciate the prompt support we receive from the Workyard team whenever we have a need.

Pros

We have been able to track our labor expenses in real time, with a cost capture that far outpaces what were previously using. I would predict that our reimbursements will increase by 20-30% before the end of the year. I love the ability for my team to transparently record their efforts and my ability to reflect that in our invoicing.

Cons

At the time of our implementation, there was no direct export to our payroll software, but I know the Workyard team is getting ready to allow access.

Kelly! Thanks for leaving your review about Workyard. We're pumped that you going to increase your reimbursements by that much in your first year using Workyard. We're adding a whole bunch of integrations this year including ADP Run in just a few weeks!

Easy to Use

Pros

The software is easy to use, my employees love using this software.

Cons

Job numbers, would be nice to have a job number on the time card next to the address of where my employee was.

Vicki, so glad to hear that you team loves using Workyard. That's music to our ears! Also, thanks for sharing your request to add a job number next to the address on each time card. We'll talk about that internally!

Great product!

Very responsive customer service and so easy to use my guys and gals don’t even mess up.

Pros

Easy to use, one step for employees. Easy for me to process payroll and monitor hours on the fly.

Cons

Nothing- didn’t find it sooner.there is nothing negative

Shaun, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. So glad that it's easy for your team to jump in and use. Let us know if you ever find us not living up to that promise.

Great product!

Pros

Gps tracking and the timesheet app make processing payroll and job costing save a ton of time.

Cons

i'd like to see more detailed reports on individual jobs when it comes to job costing.

Korey, love hearing that Workyard is saving you a "ton" of time on job costing and payroll processing. We'd love to hear more about the details you're looking for in your job cost reports. We'll reach out to you for feedback!

Workyard Review

Employees no longer manually keep up with their time and text it in weekly. I have several days more to complete payroll. I usually approve time cards daily.

Pros

Weekly time spent on payroll and job allocation went from 4 hours weekly to less than one hour.

Cons

it took a few weeks to be comfortable uploading hours into QBs, but now I am very comfortable with the upload.

Kathi, thanks for taking time to share your experience so far. We're all about helping you get even more accurate payroll with Workyard. Even better to hear that you went from 4 to 1 hour to do your payroll each week. Glad to give you some of your valuable time back!