Award Force Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.51/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Award Force has been quick to answer queries and address issues. They are also good at finding solutions that best suit our needs.

FI

Folake I.

Its been perfect - speedy responses, excellent product that works really well for us and it has helped us increase our number of entries for the awards year on year.

AL

Amie L.

AL

Amie L.

I do find it frustrating that specific features are not present in the software.

ct

charles t.

I found it hard to visualise how to set up the system as a first time user, as there were no examples given for what I was looking for so the setup was a bit time consuming.

JH

Jenny H.

I DID ask if there was a file size limit for the upload (the answer is no) but I did not ask if the file sizes have an effect on the download.

IL

Ingrid L.

Award Force users...

WizeHive-logocaret
listing-logo

WizeHive

Compare both
How would you rate Award Force?

A Little Tricky But Excellent and Fast Support

Transcript

Michelle M.: Hi, I'm Michelle, marketing and communications manager in the retail industry. And my rating...

Great Awards Platform

We previosuly used Openwater and fine Awardforce much easier to use and competitively priced.

Pros

Awardforce lets us run an internal program that lets all our offices globally submit work for judging. This happens every 2-3 months and we can then publish the work into galleries for all to see (separated into the top scorers and all other work). Being able to lock down registration to specific domains means that we can keep it strictly within our company, but allows us the versatility to add external people if and when necessary. The process is relatively simple (once you've gained an understanding of how the system works) and I have always found that help is readily available when needed, with the team being quick to respond, and offering solutions to any problems we encounter or requests that we have.

Cons

It isn't particularly intuitive, and if not used on a regular basis it can be easy to get a little lost when trying find specific functionality. That said, we do use the platform ina different way than most other companies so it is partly because of that.

Gov Awards

Love Award Force! It's really improved our office efficiency. We used to have to manually collate all information from nominees (over 130 with this program) which was messy and left room for error. We also had to then save all nominations and upload forms and supporting documents to an online share portal for judges to review ( very very time consuming and also fraught with error!) Award Force has...

Pros

It's reduced our manual data entry process and made it easier for judges to review from anywhere at any time.

Cons

Creating the tabs and each individual criteria field - for our particular awards program, this was very lengthy!!

So easy to use and functionality is wonderful, plus the support team are amazing.

The range of features. Simplicity to set up and for the users encourages more entrants into our annual awards. The ease of use for the judges means they can use the system wherever they are and what ever time it is - no more bulky paper packs to be sent out.

Pros

The ease of use. At first there appears to be a lot to input and learn but the support you get, including hands on webinars and individual training makes it simple. The support team are very responsive. And the degree of functionality is great. We had a paper based system previously which was an absolute nightmare - printing, distributing, collating, reprinting for judges...and so on. Now it's a simple process and judging is online, so it can be done at any time anywhere.

Cons

The is really nothing that I don't like about this software. Some of the things, such as setting up your theme take a bit of work, but a little reading and experimenting overcomes this.

Great all in one awards tool

Overall a great tool with a lot of capability and customization. Could still use a few programming tweaks to just make it easier to use and a bit more intutive.

Pros

Customization of both the nomination process and judging. Allows you to really tailor the questions and judging process to your specific needs. I like that you can create different juding rounds as well to help narrow down finalists and winners when there are a lot of entries.

Cons

Some learning curve to navigate the tool. For example I wanted to change the name of a certain field but instead of just editing the title I had to edit how that field displayed in the system. Would like a little more cusomtization on data merges as well where you can merge the name of the cateogry into a question for example vs creating duplicates of the same question with conditions. Also the text areas use markdown formatting which take a bit more time.

Great platform, easy to use, amazing support!

Everyone i have worked with at Award Force has been a delight! We had been using the same system for a long time and made the much needed change to Award Force, we are going into year two with the platform because it was so great!

Pros

It works well and is visually appealing.

Cons

I wish there was a way to close a round for entries but have a secret way to allow ppl to still edit their entry.

Aww thanks Emma! You've been a delight to work with too :D We've released a 'resubmission' feature recently which might work for you. We'll be in touch today to tell you about it.

Amazing support

This has saved a ton of time that would normally be spent on combining/merging submissions, creating surveys for judges, etc. Everything is in one place. My support rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing! Very quick to respond, understands what I'm trying to do, etc.

Pros

When you select the help menu, it suggests customized topics depending on what screen you're on Ability to customize most fields Merge multiple submissions

Cons

A little hard to navigate at first Some things are not customizable

Fantastic Product and our client loves it!

It's completely changed the competition from paper based to 100% online, saving on cost but also attracting more users!

Pros

When selecting AwardForce, we ran a full search looking at many different platforms. Only Awardforce offered us the flexibility and control over our own competition. The Team are fantastic, the costs are completely transparent and it's brilliantly secure. There's also new features being delivered regularly. My client absolutely loves it and it's completely revolutionised the whole competition process.

Cons

It would be nice to have more control over the Judging views in terms of layout. At the moment this is fixed.

It was great joy to coordinate the BIGGIES Awards using AwardForce.

Pros

The software provided everything you need as an Awards Coordinator, in a clean designed view: Setting up the rules and categories for your Awards, the customised design, payments, the judging, a nice dashboard to have real-time impressions and the different possibilities to collect data. It´s a very sophisticated system; I would recommend it to whoever is working with awards and competitions.

Cons

Some tools were very easy to handle, but at first I could not understand them. Thanks to the support of AwardForce team, that was not a real issue, as they immediately came back with a solution.

Easy to configure and great functionality

Pros

The customer service was excellent. They were always helpful in nutting out solutions for our complicated review flows and finding work-arounds if necessary.

Cons

Can't tailor the reports (downloads) to suit our requirements Need to be able to copy the review flow over to the next season

Award Force - my review after 1 month of using

AF helps us with the process of application and judging of 9 different awards (individual and big companies can apply). There is a lot of data to collect. Until now we did it all via e-mails. It was a big mess. Award Force put it all in one place so it gives us more time and less work to manage it.

Pros

I was a bit affraid before implementing this tool because we have many different awards, each of them with other criteria but from the beggining we had big support - with a lot of tutorials on the website and especially with the customer service. What I like most is the big range of possibilities and its versatility. However your award system is complicated, you will find a solution in implementing it in Award Force. I also like the main menu. It is very useful and easy to use.

Cons

What I don't like is the button "configuration mode ON/OFF". It should be on the botton of the page also not only on the top. It is the only thing that comes to my mind.

The most valuable awards platform

I have realised that the award force platform can be used for many other use-cases, besides handling awards. In one of my projects we used the platform for handling, reviewing and moderating grants for students at a university.

Pros

The greatest pro is community and people working to keep the software up-to-date and answer questions you have around the product. It's hard to know everything about a new software, so having a great support team is crucial.

Cons

I don't feel like I missed anything when buying the software. Perhaps some features are missing, but that can be easily fixed by upgrading your subscription.

Wonderful customer service

Outstanding!

Pros

While the Awardforce program is not the most intuitive program in my opinion, your customer service team is wonderful! It is so reassuring that I can jump into the calendar and schedule time with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and have other customer service personnel who are accessible. While I sometimes struggle explaining my questions, your team always seems to understand what I'm asking. I appreciate and value everything your team offers. Thank you!

Cons

I do stumble around trying to navigate the system. It's hard for me to find what I'm looking for without asking for help!

Thank you for your kind words, Aimee! Our support team is celebrating today - with a special mention to Megan! We hear you on the system being a little hard to use and we are working hard on making it simpler. The new year will bring some big improvements :)

Great platform and easy to maintain. We have found the system great for our needs

Pros

Easy of use, personally maintained but with back up when required. Ability to check progress, email from within via broadcasts to entrants, financial capability to accept payment and send invoices saves time. Once we had worked the platform once we definitely got the hang of it quick as did our entrants and judges.

Cons

In the criteria area when info is written, the system automatically defaults to spell check with pink boxes and often not necessary. this can be off putting to entrants and we have received a number of queries on this as to how to not have it showing but the system cannot change this. Points system does not work well for us and we still have to export ranking and then mannually add up to find winners based on preference from our judges

A great platform

My experience has been great, customer service is fantastic - quick and responsive, and the platform is easily customizable to company branding. The look and feel and the good functionality, makes the awards process look very professional

Pros

Relatively easy to use and makes the awards management quicker

Cons

1. not possible to search for duplicates in different categories 2. No possibility to open attachments from PDFd entries

Thank you for your kind words, Sylwia! We have recently introduced a new feature to be able to identify and manage duplicate entries. We'll contact you today and tell you all about it. We'll address the PDF point too :) Thanks again for your positive review!

A great system - clean and easy for entrants to use. Highly recommended.

The ability to judge online which our previous system didn't. Much easier to use than previous systems.

Pros

Entrants can easily upload and view their entries and edit when needed. Flexible and adaptive forms to collect data/uploads and the forms are very clear and easy to add a lot of descriptive text to help inform entrants. Very easy to monitor entries and payments etc. Managers can easily access entries and make amendments when needed on behalf of entrants. The support is amazing - help is always on hand when there are any questions or issues you need help with.

Cons

The software is not overly intuitive when initially setting up, but the high-level of support provided helps with this. Can't be modified/developed for specific needs (unless requested by multiple users - due to nature of the system). However, they do help you with workarounds and develop new features when they can.

Excellent product

Pros

We were manually collecting/managing awards before award force - so award force was incredibly welcomed. The product is perfect for what we need it for, its simple to use for us who are managing it, the users using it and also for the judges. I would highly recommend this product especially as the customer service is better than anything I have ever experienced.

Cons

Would be good to have a user view in the back end when you sign in - just so you can keep track on what the users are seeing along with managing the back end of everything

This is my second year using Award Force and the experience just gets better and better.

From an administrator perspective it is easy to use and nice and clear. For those externally who use it again their user experience is always positive.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use and easy to navigate. Due to its clean look and feel you cant really get lost. To change or update anything it is all clearly labelled and where as you may forget what order to do it in the customer service is first rate and their knowledge and helpfulness is second to none.

Cons

I don't think there is anything not to like. I use other software programmes for HR and payroll and tI wish they were as easy to use as Award Force.

Pretty seamless and uneventful so far which is great!

Complete digital submission of our applications, eliminating paperwork and manual copying and mailing of documents. Committee members are able to evaluate apps from their computers and ipads.

Pros

The ability to customize where needed, the availability of options and the design, look and feel of the site is a lot more modern from the front end user perspective than others we have used.

Cons

Would love if there was the option to edit application within the site to make them anonymous. Our users enter information within their applications that sometimes require us to have to manually block out information - for example, school transcripts with photos and address information. It is more of a function of our application requirements but for us it has been something that is never easy to do.

I've been pleased with the overall functionality, user friendliness, and customer support.

A system for collecting data and materials from applicants for our awards.

Pros

Customer support: Carl has been such a great trainer and support--going above and beyond to help us understand and make changes to our events. He helped copy fields and change order numbers on our screenshare call to make our event better. Megan has been super helpful too--responding promptly. It is easy to use! Everything is pretty straight forward--if it's labeled something it has that functionality. It looks nice to viewers. Clean and nice layout. Its dynamic--there is a wide range of functionality--to create conditional fields, to hide fields from judges, types of attachments, types of judging, ect.

Cons

There are some hidden tricks you'd only know about if you were screensharing with an award force rep--for example the ## make the heading size different.

Great features and perfect support

Pros

Very responsive support, great features and easy to implement and maintain.

Cons

Often not very descriptive labels in the application.

Simply the best customer service

Awards Force provide the most amazing customer service. I regularly emailed with various queries and received replies within minutes. On two occasions I was offered a call with a customer service representative to chat through some specific functions I needed assistance with. A truly amazing service.

Pros

All the functionalities I needed were built into the software. There was no feature our project needed that wasn't available with this product.

Cons

I didn't experience any cons while using Awards Force!

Very user friendly and actually quite fun to set up

Its still too early to tell, as I have not yet finished the programs cycle.

Pros

It intuitive after a while it become second nature and its fun watching it all come together. I am not at all techy but I had no issues with the software and it looks very straightforward for our applicants.

Cons

At the moment I don't have any complaints. We don't have a graphic designing so scaling the logos to the correct size took a little bit of time but nothing major. I have not yet configured the judging component so I just hope that is as straight foreword as setting up the applications. I think it was quite expensive too. Many from the point of view that I work in a department where there are multiple program and to pay this much for every program would not be possible, which is a shame as all the programs would benefit from it.

Very customer focused. It is always a pleasure to liaise with the client success team.

Pros

The adaptability to customer's needs. Since we started using this programme back in April, we flagged some changes that we wanted to implement to make it easier for our entrants and judges and most of them where already implemented by the Award Force team.

Cons

There are still some features/functions that need to be changed and some missing to make it a seamless experience for the administrators, entrants and judges alike.

Occasional User/Administrator

As an occasional user, I have no complaints. Does the job well and customer service is always swift, clear and helpful.

Pros

Allows me to do what I need to for work. Allows candidates to fill in applications really easily and the entire process is easy to monitor.

Cons

The terminology and interface takes some getting used to. It's not as intuitive as I had hoped. Although help and customer service has been excellent and once one gets used to it, the features are very useful.

A great experience

Its been a great experience using Awards Force. The system is very user friendly and the team is only a email or call away should you need assistance. I have been using Awards force for a few years now and can highly recommend!

Pros

User friendly, well though out, always being updated, responds quickly to changes made