Award Force Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

Reviews by rating

Award Force has been quick to answer queries and address issues. They are also good at finding solutions that best suit our needs.
Its been perfect - speedy responses, excellent product that works really well for us and it has helped us increase our number of entries for the awards year on year.
We were manually collecting/managing awards before award force - so award force was incredibly welcomed.
I do find it frustrating that specific features are not present in the software.
I found it hard to visualise how to set up the system as a first time user, as there were no examples given for what I was looking for so the setup was a bit time consuming.
I DID ask if there was a file size limit for the upload (the answer is no) but I did not ask if the file sizes have an effect on the download.

MM

Michelle M.

marketing manager

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

A Little Tricky But Excellent and Fast Support

Transcript

Michelle M.: Hi, I'm Michelle, marketing and communications manager in the retail industry. And my rating...

Alex L.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

The perfect software for running custom awards!

Our old system for managing online entries and giveaways was clunky and timeconsuming. We knew it was a weak area for our marketing efforts but were unsure of the right way to implement a solution. One of our teammembers found Award Force and we implemented it almost immediately. It's streamlined our efforts so much and allowed us to run giveaways much more efficiently!

Pros

Award Force is extremely user friendly, while also providing a robust and feature filled platform. The system walks you through every step of what you need to run your custom award program. The layout is clean and organized, while simultaneously ensuring that the functionality of the platform is not dumbed down. You will find it is very sophisticated and able to be highly customized for your organization's needs. For our organization, we loved the ability to customize the site to use our brand's assets, without needing to bring in an outside designer or developer. Even better, the vast online guides and reference materials are awesome. They're a huge resource when you're onboarding Award Force for your organization. If you need any answers, they're just a minute away.

Cons

I would like to see better sorting and better reporting. Our owner is a report fiend and sometimes we struggle with not being able to export exactly the reports we need for meetings and check ups. Overall not a huge problem, but something we would like to see addressed in the future.

IL

Ingrid L.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

After the learning curve: the relief!

It was not quite so easy on the Admin end because the system is complex and allows for many configurations, but the customer service is stellar! I got replies to my queries regardless of day or time within a few hours, and even had a few video calls. I am a fan !

Pros

We use it to allow design students to upload their work at the end of the year. Setting the system up to meet our requirements was challenging because there are so many options, but once it was configured the students found it very easy to upload their work, and even sent some fan mail. They could revise their entries up to the deadline, we could specify the acceptable file types and everything worked smoothly. We also invited reviewers to comment on the work , that too was very easy on the user end.

Cons

There are a few odd things here: it is , for instance, not possible to sort all entrants by their last name, only by their first. If a judge is already in the AF system they have to use their previous password to log in which can cause confusion. With the help of AF we set up an algorithm that randomly assigned student work to reviewers and you would think that it would be easy for the computer to...

Thank you for your honest review, Ingrid! As much as we love fan mail, we also like to hear about the pain points of our clients. Bulk downloading is a slow process for sure and we have some ideas to optimise and improve it in the future. Some other interesting insights too which have been passed on to the Product team.

DB

Den B.

Review for Award Force by Den Barrault

I enjoy using Award Force, and in general find the platform easy to use, and quite polished in the way it is presented. My users also support this opinion. For an administrator, I do find it frustrating that certain features are not present: - not having a record of notifications - not being able to copy anyone into notifications - not being able to contact collaborators in an application (only...

Pros

I have already detailed this

Cons

I have already detailed this

Thanks for the lovely review and feedback Den. As you know, we're regularly adding improvements and features¿ we do need to get better at communicating those though! You'll be pleased to know that there are further improvements coming to broadcasts (notifications) that address some of your requests, and some other grant-specific features that I think you'll be interested in¿ an email is coming your way with details :)

Used other for 1-2 years

Award Force is easy to use and has helped me save so much time in gathering entries to our Awards!

Pros

Its user friendly interface makes it very easy to set up a session and manage the entries to you awards. I like that the information from the previous years can be reused, making it even more easy to use years after years. The information displayed on the dashboard are really useful. You can keep track of how many entries you've got at the moment, how many have already been submitted and how many are still in progress. The graph displaying how many entries have been created over the last few days also helps us analyse our impact. For example we can see whether the last email we've sent to promote the awards has generated new entries. We send I also love the broadcasting feature, which makes it so easy to contact all the entrants at once. Bye bye mailmerge emails, hello simplicity!

Cons

Setting up the criteria for each categories has been my least favorite part of the set up. It's still rather user friendly, and I'm not sure whether you could make this step easier, but I found it quite tideous. The data analysis features could be better too. For example we wanted to compare the amount of entries created/submitted in the 2016-17 session and the 2017-18 session but were unable to do so.

Bronwyn S.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Having used Raisers Edge I found changing over to AF so much easier and more intuitive to use.

I can bring all my information together and export to Excel. I have the opportunity to learn as I go or with a consultants assistance and the software is very responsive to my particular award needs.

Pros

Processes are relatively easy as is replicating seasons. Pulling reports is an absolute joy compared to asking the database the right questions as you do in RE and any queries or challenges you may face are quickly fixed by the team of consultants. They're happy to show you, teach you or do it for you. I also really like the ability to choose what you can see.

Cons

It can be tricky at times like all software however, by working slowly through the problem and with the assistance of the consultants, the majority of challenges can be worked through

Sienna K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great all in one awards tool

Overall a great tool with a lot of capability and customization. Could still use a few programming tweaks to just make it easier to use and a bit more intutive.

Pros

Customization of both the nomination process and judging. Allows you to really tailor the questions and judging process to your specific needs. I like that you can create different juding rounds as well to help narrow down finalists and winners when there are a lot of entries.

Cons

Some learning curve to navigate the tool. For example I wanted to change the name of a certain field but instead of just editing the title I had to edit how that field displayed in the system. Would like a little more cusomtization on data merges as well where you can merge the name of the cateogry into a question for example vs creating duplicates of the same question with conditions. Also the text areas use markdown formatting which take a bit more time.

Computer Software, self-employed

The most valuable awards platform

I have realised that the award force platform can be used for many other use-cases, besides handling awards. In one of my projects we used the platform for handling, reviewing and moderating grants for students at a university.

Pros

The greatest pro is community and people working to keep the software up-to-date and answer questions you have around the product. It's hard to know everything about a new software, so having a great support team is crucial.

Cons

I don't feel like I missed anything when buying the software. Perhaps some features are missing, but that can be easily fixed by upgrading your subscription.

51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

This is my second year using Award Force and the experience just gets better and better.

From an administrator perspective it is easy to use and nice and clear. For those externally who use it again their user experience is always positive.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use and easy to navigate. Due to its clean look and feel you cant really get lost. To change or update anything it is all clearly labelled and where as you may forget what order to do it in the customer service is first rate and their knowledge and helpfulness is second to none.

Cons

I don't think there is anything not to like. I use other software programmes for HR and payroll and tI wish they were as easy to use as Award Force.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Pretty seamless and uneventful so far which is great!

Complete digital submission of our applications, eliminating paperwork and manual copying and mailing of documents. Committee members are able to evaluate apps from their computers and ipads.

Pros

The ability to customize where needed, the availability of options and the design, look and feel of the site is a lot more modern from the front end user perspective than others we have used.

Cons

Would love if there was the option to edit application within the site to make them anonymous. Our users enter information within their applications that sometimes require us to have to manually block out information - for example, school transcripts with photos and address information. It is more of a function of our application requirements but for us it has been something that is never easy to do.

Charlotte K.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Makes streamlining award programs easier

Dealing with Award Force has always been pretty straightforward and positive. Everyone I have spoken to has been very helpful and supportive, and is a testament to a good company culture.

Pros

Award Force makes streamlining award programs much easier, from the submission, to managing the judges and communicating with users every step of the journey. The platform is really easily customisable in terms of design and user experience, and enables multi-faceted award programs with multiple categories, which would just not be possible without having the software.

Cons

I would love to be able to have a more customisable landing page for the program, which would avoid me having to develop another page/destination, instead of having a lot of the information around the categories/judges, etc. behind a login. These are often managed by other teams and can add complexity in the project, or even deter some users from entering.

MS

Michael S.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Building Designers Association of Australia benefits from Award Force

Award Force ensures that the format of the entry material is consistent and predictable, whilst still allowing the entrants to be as creative as they like with the content of the material. The participation is about 2 - 3 times more than it was 10 - 15 years ago before Award Force. Whilst I can't attribute this increase wholly to the software (there are other factors), my colleagues and I can't imagine how we would have dealt with the volume using the old methods.

Pros

The software saves us time and energy by storing the material, categorising it, and allowing entrants to manage the submission themselves until close of entries. Even then, entrants are permitted to resubmit incomplete content if necessary, which saves us a lot of filing. Centralised storage that is backed up and accessible to anyone (with permissions) is a relief. We're pleased when entrants give us feedback that they find the process simple & intuitive. It's very convenient for the administrators to be able to export customisable reports. I could go on and on...

Cons

We haven't got around to asking the helpdesk about this feature yet (perhaps it already exists), but we can see some benefit in providing the capacity for an entry to be able to be a "linked copy" of the primary entry. Rather than making a full duplicate of an entry simply to enter into a different category. It would be useful if all the common content was linked between each instance, and there was the capacity to provide additional content specific to the linked category(s) if required. I don't think this functionality exists currently, but if it doesn't I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on it already.

DK

Dana K.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Award Force helped our program become completely digital. The entire process worked so well.

Ease of time on the administrators end. Ease of use and uploading ability to make all things electronic on the users end. Wrap up after the award process was so simple! That was the best part. Even though there is a cost that we didn't have before, our organization found that the benefits outweighed the costs. We needed to be all electronic and needed to alleviate the time component from the administrators, who are all volunteers. This program did that for us.

Pros

The ease of use on the user and the administrator ends was great. The administration learning process was not complex and Award Force staff took the time to train us. The entry process for the users worked so well. It was simple! The part that sold our organization was the wrap-up portion. We didn't have to do much of anything and the program did it for us. Our members could login and see the winners' entries. This saved our admins a ton of time compiling award winners and sending them out to everyone. That was an amazing process! I would definitely recommend this, and have, to other organizations if they want to go all digital and have a simple back-end process to administer, and help the users get their information entered and then received quickly.

Cons

Like any software, you have to learn it. It takes a little time at first to learn, but once you do, it is not hard to utilize. The Award Force team was very helpful through that process, though. There are some unique ways to find information within the software, so it just takes working with it to gain an understanding. The payment system was something that we had to inform our membership of, since this software is based in Australia, when using an United States credit card, it is best to charge all entries at one time and not individually, as they card will question foreign purchases and possibly shut the card off temporarily. This happened to us, but once we realized why, we explained it to the membership and then it worked fine.

KS

Knut S.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Application for Best Scientific Image Contest

AwardForce fits very well with the requirements we have in the competition for the best scientific image. The price is not low, but it has paid off because of the very good support and the great variety of features.

Pros

The support for the setup and for the time when we ran this years' contest was perfect (and we are not quick on the draw with such very good ratings) and the support is one of the main reasons why we intend to further work with Award Force. In cases where support was needed very urgently and quickly, the response was fast and very competent. The broad range of features gave the flexibility which we needed when we set up the contest for the first time. The pre-configured features made setup and use during the contest easy and convenient. The evaluation options of the judging results were very comfortable and at the same time so detailed that we got very good bases (Excel files) for our own evaluations.

Cons

In some respects, the user interface was not very convenient/user-friendly for the judges in the case of our contest (too much scrolling, something like an overview table was missing).

LG

Lauren G.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Loving this program!

It is easy to use. The help articles and videos are also really good.

Pros

We used a different program for three years for my association. It became harder to use each year. After helping two other associations on judging their awards, we got to work on Award Force and really loved it. So when our three year contract was done with the other program, we switched to Award Force. We love how easy it is to work with and also how all of the content is arranged for the administrators. We only started the process in 2020. We created our awards program, opened the awards and people started submitting their entries. Then COVID hit and we cancelled the awards. But up to that point, we did not have any problems. Oh - and our other program did not have a shopping cart. For our members, this was a game changer.

Cons

Nothing so far. We are just starting our second year with the program and did not get to the judging part last year due to COVID. But many of us have been on the judging side for other associations who also have Award Force and it was easy.

EH

Elizabeth H.

Award Force makes it easy to create online application forms and judge the submissions.

Pros

The Award Force team provides basic training and awesome support that enables anyone to configure their product. The product is very flexible. We are able to create and manage application forms and judging for four separate grant funding streams, with different deadlines. It's accessible to applicants and judges anywhere, anytime, on any device.

Cons

Our organization must comply with privacy laws for the protection of personal information. The storage of data on servers outside the country could be an issue.

Thanks for your lovely review Elizabeth. For information... Data protection has always been a major focus for us¿ we are currently finalising compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the most stringent requirements globally for data protection. Our practices mean you are already in very good stead in Canada¿ the work we are currently doing will put you in an even better place! Details will be sent to all clients in the near future.

mm

michelle m.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

A Little Tricky But Excellent and Fast Support

I'm glad we have one awards season under our belts because it will be so much better next year with the platform up and running. Overall, I would use it again.

Pros

For the price, my chapter was able to purchase, set up and administer a decent awards program. It is highly customizable down to the most minute feature. It looks and feels professional and well thought out. This same platform is used throughout the US so many judges/entrants have already interfaced with it.

Cons

Because it is so customizable, it is like a maze. At times I felt like there was so much to know that there was no way I'd ever learn the platform. Luckily, customer service was ALWAYS there. When I say always, I mean morning, evening, night -- even though they were a half a world away. Super helpful, friendly, patient folks. My needs were plenty and they were always there for me. Can't say enough about them. Honestly, most of the reason I needed help was that I was busy with a new job and didn't have the time to devote to teaching myself how to use the program.

Thank you so much, Michelle! Our support team is doing (virtual) high-fives after reading your review :)

RW

Robert W.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

The best entries management software out there - this is one extremely sophisticated system

Using Award Force has worked wonders for me. It meets every single one of my needs with room to spare and its features have enabled me to innovate and develop our own internal processes positively. It is streamlined and easy to use yet incredibly comprehensive and sophisticated. It is fast and efficient and the days of having to work until midnight adding and processing entries are way behind me....

Pros

Everything

Cons

There are no cons. I like everything. Nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Wowza! We're blown-away by your words Robert. Thank you. We'll be sure to keep it up :)

sc

sally c.

An excellent experience

Total confidence in securely stored past submissions and sessions. Straight forward and intuitive configuration. Amazingly supportive and genuinely helpful software support team. Right from the start we were able to configure the software to our session requirements, therefore reducing any potential negatives to a minimum.

Pros

I can honestly say it has been an excellent experience, particularly when configuring the system - very straight forward and intuitive. Our session requirements have meant that some of the judging specifications needed to be multi-level, thanks to our fully supportive and amazingly helpful Awards Producer, the judging rounds have been a breeze. One particular totally invaluable feature is having full access to archived sessions and submissions coupled with feeling confident that they are totally secure.

LB

Louise B.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Award Force Review

Great! Very supportive, efficient and helpful customers service experience with all the Award Force team, coupled with an easy user experience and set-up process.

Pros

The ease that entrants can create and submit their entries and the ease that we can track their progress and monitor incoming revenue.

Cons

From time to time we do pick up on small errors or system glitches that interfere with live judging sessions - this tends to be related to 'system maintenance'

CR

Carolyn R.

Legislative Office, 201-500 employees

The whole process was simple and straightforward

An online system has saved literally hundreds of man hours from processing hard copy entries. The ease of reporting is critical and payments on line makes the accounting and administration so much easier. The software has fitted well into our other main systems

Pros

The software is very simple which makes it easy to understand, easy to use and easy to manage, The system is very cost effective.

Cons

Because of the simplicity of the system there are some functions which may be included on a more complex system. However constant work is being done by Award Force and we are now in our second year and see a lot more functions in place over time

NB

Nicole B.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

I found Award Force a bit tricky to start with - but after constant use it made sense to me.

Ease of use - no paper wasted having to manually send nominations to assessment panel. All the users have found it user-friendly.

Pros

I like the assistance tabs and the online help videos. I also would like to commend Customer support representative from Award Force on how informative and professional she is with her assistance e. Every time I have a question or need help, Lauren responds really quickly with advice and answers that are clear and easy to understand. I would also like to pass on comments from our assessment panel members who have told me how easy it was to use the portal and do the scoring online. They advise that they have assessed nominations via other portals - but this has been the most user friendly.

Cons

I don't have any cons about this software that I can currently think of. As I mentioned above, I found the initial part of learning the system a bit tricky because I had no one in the office to handover and show me the ropes. That is why I appreciate the online help videos and being able to ask Customer support representative for help.

QK

Quentin K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

So easy to use and functionality is wonderful, plus the support team are amazing.

The range of features. Simplicity to set up and for the users encourages more entrants into our annual awards. The ease of use for the judges means they can use the system wherever they are and what ever time it is - no more bulky paper packs to be sent out.

Pros

The ease of use. At first there appears to be a lot to input and learn but the support you get, including hands on webinars and individual training makes it simple. The support team are very responsive. And the degree of functionality is great. We had a paper based system previously which was an absolute nightmare - printing, distributing, collating, reprinting for judges...and so on. Now it's a simple process and judging is online, so it can be done at any time anywhere.

Cons

The is really nothing that I don't like about this software. Some of the things, such as setting up your theme take a bit of work, but a little reading and experimenting overcomes this.

MD

Meghan D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Amazing support

This has saved a ton of time that would normally be spent on combining/merging submissions, creating surveys for judges, etc. Everything is in one place. My support rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing! Very quick to respond, understands what I'm trying to do, etc.

Pros

When you select the help menu, it suggests customized topics depending on what screen you're on Ability to customize most fields Merge multiple submissions

Cons

A little hard to navigate at first Some things are not customizable

RM

Raquel M.

It was great joy to coordinate the BIGGIES Awards using AwardForce.

Pros

The software provided everything you need as an Awards Coordinator, in a clean designed view: Setting up the rules and categories for your Awards, the customised design, payments, the judging, a nice dashboard to have real-time impressions and the different possibilities to collect data. It´s a very sophisticated system; I would recommend it to whoever is working with awards and competitions.

Cons

Some tools were very easy to handle, but at first I could not understand them. Thanks to the support of AwardForce team, that was not a real issue, as they immediately came back with a solution.

AO

Aimee O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Wonderful customer service

Outstanding!

Pros

While the Awardforce program is not the most intuitive program in my opinion, your customer service team is wonderful! It is so reassuring that I can jump into the calendar and schedule time with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and have other customer service personnel who are accessible. While I sometimes struggle explaining my questions, your team always seems to understand what I'm asking. I appreciate and value everything your team offers. Thank you!

Cons

I do stumble around trying to navigate the system. It's hard for me to find what I'm looking for without asking for help!

Thank you for your kind words, Aimee! Our support team is celebrating today - with a special mention to Megan! We hear you on the system being a little hard to use and we are working hard on making it simpler. The new year will bring some big improvements :)