Cisco Webex Reviews

Cisco Webex

Voice and video conferencing with screen sharing

Cisco Webex

Review Summary

Pros

It's easy to share screens, easy to see, sound quality is good. I also like the options to 'Call me' so I don't have to fumble with codes.

My organization likes the ease of use to both create and join meetings. Calendar integration with Microsoft Outlook, and integration with Cisco's other products is perfect.

James H.

It is very easy to use and invite the people to collaborate in the meeting. Good quality of audio and video conference is the positive side of this software.

Bhawin D.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the recordings of meetings will be available only for 5 days. If we fail to download it by that time, we would have lost the recording forever.

There was not anything that I disliked about the program. The program lagged some when in session with others, but who is to say that it was the software's fault.

Jessilon M.

Some time auto login does not work, only a host can do a recording, which i feel a restriction. After update of webex , sometime it creates problem it reconnecting.

Kalim S.

2,370

1,728

4,576 reviews

One of the best, could be better

So far, the experience with the application is really good compared to other ones which I have used. So thanking the team for this and hope they still update it better than what it is today so it can reach the level which we expect from it in upcoming years.

Pros

> The primary option which I liked really in this software is connectivity from other sources like mobile phone or other for audio connections which helped me a lot whenever I was stuck in the less internet connection speed. > Webex is so far the best one I have ever seen where the speed and ease of use is on the stake here. The ease of use as I mentioned really applies to this since as soon as the connection has been done, the options to join the meeting and the security it applies to the meeting is the one I like the most. > Other than that, the speed as mentioned before, even in the low internet speeds, the lack of any lag makes this application the most I used ever.

Cons

There is really less things which I don't like about this software which is desktop application readiness. Whenever I always connect through the desktop application, sometimes it takes a lot of time to join the meeting which would result in some of the escalations which you can get in your professional life. I hope this would be made better in the upcoming versions.

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting The application provides a very clear audio and video quality. The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome. The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems. The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it. A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth. I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.

How the mighty have fallen

WebEx used to be great software. Now it is mediocre software that is overpriced and underfeatured. Asking a question on a Cisco forum about WebEx has the moderator close your question and redirect you to a WebEx site. WebEx is past its prime, and it shows in the lack of revolutionary or even maintenance features in the WebEx client. Nearly any other choice will be cheaper and offer a better experience to users.

Pros

WebEx was the default leader in virtual meetings. Subsequent to its acquisition by Cisco, things got markedly better. The tool had broad integration with scheduling tools like Outlook, and the (relatively) recent addition of the ability to attend a meeting using only a browser is an added bonus for people who lack administrative rights on their PCs.

Cons

With stiff competition from Microsoft's Skype for Business, the venerable GoToMeeting, and newer arrivals like Slack and Zoom, WebEx is now a choice amongst many. When WebEx works, it does so decently at best. It suffers from bandwidth issues, even with only two participants in the same building. Furthermore, if a large enterprise buys an account, they are given "dedicated" support. When the client...

Essential application for videoconferencing

As I have a small business, I don't have much to complain about. The maximum number of participants in a meeting was 10 people, however, when the room is full, I feel that the file sharing speed differs for some, even though we are all using the same connection, with a speed of 200mbps. In general, it is a very useful application for anyone who wants a meeting with team members. We use it on both Windows and Androis and are happy with the result.

Pros

Despite having many features, which can somewhat hinder those who are experiencing it for the first time, the application offers a simple way for a videoconference. The application already automatically generates a password link for all participants. Plans: Free, Beginner, Plus and Business, each with dirty features. Free: Up to 100 participants and meetings of up to 50 minutes in length, with an unlimited...

Cons

A wide variety of meeting setup options can be confusing for novice users. Strong competition from Miscrosoft's Skype for Business. In some meetings, the video hangs for a few seconds, while participants are still talking, even with a dedicated 200mbps internet. When you are a beginner, using the app for the first time, you can get lost among so many features. The start-up tutorial should be more complete and less cluttered with information. When sharing many screens, there is a slight lag in the transmission, which can cause the participants to lose focus. The audio quality drops considerably when using the notebook or PC speakers. When meetings are recorded, the deadline for making them available is too long (sometimes you have to wait 24 hours before the recording is available.).

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

User Friendly Collaboration Tool

Overall Webex has helped our organization meet with each other regardless of our location. It allows us to train new hires, schedule 1:1s with employees, or simply collaborate to bring out a project.

Pros

I have several favorites when it comes to Webex. I really like how you can schedule unique future meetings with recurring sessions and how you can also schedule ad-hoc meetings using your Personal Room. The use of the personal room is one of my favorites because you have your unique link that you can start whenever, or you can choose to not use your personal room and schedule meetings ahead. I also like the new virtual background and blur features that were just released.

Cons

Sometimes it uses up a lot of bandwidth... that's to be expected. However, it can cause overload when you are sharing webcam and perhaps doing a demo on a product. Of course that is relative to your OS, but it's one of the things that I notice specifically when I use Webex.

Using Cisco webex

Different experience, easy to use but limited as all products are to be purchased separately from webex.

Pros

Having meetings anytime anywhere with vendors and clients that do not work in the same company. Instant web conferencing with video instantly making virtual interface real time. Sharing desktop and documents with others to help follow what I am talking about. Easy to use, features are easily accessible while on calls and is compatible across all operating systems.

Cons

Premium priced except for free meeting services. Setup and download to install requires administrative privileges. Training center and support center are separate products from webex meetings. Proprietary formats for media sharing and meeting recordings

Secure by Cisco, Best for Meetings

My overall experience to use Cisco WebEx is meet my requirements on Android Device but i am faced to many issues while operating on computer/ Laptop.

Pros

1. Best customer support 2. Available Android application 3. Easy to schedule meetings 4. Allow mute, kick any person.

Cons

1. Windows application not working 2. Required 2GB RAM for smooth interface (for windows pc)

auto stabilize during screen share

I love webex because of one reason "auto stabilize during screen share". In Microsoft teams during network slowdown, it often got stuck. But Webex it always stabilizes the screen.

Pros

1. Better interactive features during screen sharing session. 2. Enjoyable during live courses. 3. It has a good feature in both desktop and web apps.

Cons

1. It takes more time to set up a meeting schedule. 2. Need more improvement in Webex mobile app.

Life saver

Great application and platform with very little problems when using the service.

Pros

Easy to setup and configure. Gave us the best way to include as many types of connections. Allowed more users to connect.

Cons

Didn't have all the same features as Zoom, but worked for what we needed it to do. But in time, they have added some of the same features and improved the interface.

Best Tools for meeting setup in IT Industry

Personal Advantage and views :- 1) This software tool is available for mobile and Desktop. So it's making big difference for me. Whenever I want to connect my work meeting from home or some another location then I can join easily by mobile app. The mobile app is very important in case of electricity has disconnected at your home at a time of WFH and if you are working on desktop from your home then it's making big difference. The quality of voice and content on mobile app is same as desktop. ** Overall I liked this Cisco Webex tools very much for meeting purpose in software. I will recommend to other organization to use this tools. Thanks to Cisco for making such beautiful project.

Pros

1) Easy to use: Any common user can use this tools in easy manner. No need to do some extra effort. You only need to click given link in meeting. Then it will automatically download required meeting setup and then it will redirect you in a meeting. After joining the meeting your are able to see all participants in your meeting and who are speaking as well. So it's give better clarity for meeting members...

Cons

I have one point in Cons. Which related to cisco Webex Mobile app update from google play store. When we are updating this mobile app then we are facing some issue to connecting the meeting. All the filled details has been gone and you have to reenter those. It's means you have to keep your all details with you before updating this app. like you login name, Webex Url etc.

An enterprise tool for the meetings with broader Global teams - Very featureful

Overall, experience is great but UI is not something which is fun. Features are great and helpful.

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. App is super helpful to take meetings on the move 3. Several features for sharing documents live (pause, do selective share) 4. Attendance can be collected easily 5. You get to know who is on mute and who is causing background unknowingly and mute them as needed 6. Chat option is availble 7. There are upfront prompts available for you to select mute or camera options 8. You can take...

Cons

1. Sometimes when a meeting (especially a recurring one) is moved/cancelled, app doesn't sync always 2. They took away an app feature (not sure why), where a notification used to come for the next meeting and that was helpful to know next call even when you are away from machine or not in app. They should consider that feature back 3. Cisco recently had a big audio failure with phone dial feature but computer dial in was working. So, if you don't have any other meeting set up for org, you may be impacted. 4. Users are advised to end the call to stop the meeting time from usage perspective otherwise meeting won't end. 5. UI can be made more fun

Solid platform for setting up internal and external meetings, with a few drawbacks

Aside from the few drawbacks mentioned above, overall I have had a relatively good experience using Cisco WebEx for both team as well as client meetings. It's easy to share the dial-in information with the clients, schedule meetings, and set up calls using different rooms. In the future, if there is a way to allow an original host to EXIT a meeting without ending the call altogether, that would be very helpful.

Pros

I use WebEx meetings almost daily for work - for both internal and external check-ins. Pretty straightforward navigation, once you get the hang of setting up a room (either personal or client-facing) the platform is quite easy to navigate. At my meeting we have WebEx integrated with peoples' calendars, so when I schedule a meeting on WebEx it allows me to easily see my coworkers' availability which is definitely a plus - good ease of integration with other applications. Interface is simple enough that the main functions (setting up a meeting, sharing meeting info) are easy to use and I have not had issues with this software unexpectedly crashing which is an added bonus.

Cons

One of my main gripes is regarding shared rooms (ex. other members on your team are able to start/stop the meeting if you're unavailable). One of the recurring issues with shared rooms is that they all use the same call-in number and pin. With that said, if there are back-to-back meetings using the same room, and the earlier meeting runs over, we run the risk of clients calling into a call that is...

Webex - Excellent for collaboration

In general I found it a very useful tool. I mainly use the conference module, but the support module has given us very good results. The extensions for browsers or for Outlook have been helpful, as well as the desktop application.

Pros

It is a very easy to use tool and compatible with several devices. It allows us to collaborate from our cell phones or PC. The fact that you can dial a number to join the conference gives you more frexibility to collaborate with third parties. Security with passwords for meetings can be improved. Serving for remote support is quite useful as well.

Cons

The price could be a disadvantage compared to other software or similar app's. I think it needs to have more flexible plans.

Cisco Webex - one of the best tool to conduct online virtual meeting with great security

Being a legal service company and as per the company’s legal compliance, we have chosen the Cisco WebEx. In terms of legal compliance, the security of Cisco WebEx is quite good. We generally use it to conduct an online meetings with vendors and clients.

Pros

Cisco WebEx is the one-stop solution for online virtual meetings. Cisco Webex features include document, application and desktop sharing, Integrated audio and VOIP for toll-free calling, and Video Conferencing. Online meetings can be recording, editing, and played back later for retrieve useful information. The best feature I like is audio to text transcripts that WebEx creates for each meeting. So,...

Cons

The mobile app seems to have functionalities as compared to the desktop app. The issue with audio and video over slower networks can be improved. Integration with third-party software can be improved. It usually takes time if you drop off in an ongoing meeting and then tries to rejoin again.

Best for Virtual Meetings

First of all, I use the Cisco Webex for all professional meetings with my clients. It is convenient for me as most of my clients do use the software regularly. Additionally, it has saved my valuable time by slashing all unnecessary traveling time to clients' offices and subsequent waiting times. Secondly, it provides me the complete cybersecurity and end to end protection for my discussions. Cisco...

Pros

Well, Cisco Webex Meetings offers the highest quality of audio and video outputs that anyone could expect from such a provider. It is fascinating and perfect for your crucial virtual meetings. The video quality is superb (may depend on your internet speed, device, and browser) and it has no disruptions nor freezings which waste your time as well as resources. The quality of the audio is also at the...

Cons

So far I have not come across any drawbacks in this software as it perfectly, identified all customer requirements and provided them at their best quality.

Host Meetings Professionally!

Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

Pros

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Perfect meeting and communication management with Cisco WebEx

In overall I'm very happy to use Cisco WebEx meetings while working in the office or during the business travels. Sharing information, getting or giving training, meeting with the team members or foreigners from distance never had been easy this much. WebEx increases our communication and sharing capabilities with it's many features...

Pros

HD video and audio conferencing is probably the best positive side of WebEx. Connectivity oprions e.g. landline or internet call also good. While you make the meeting, you can share your screen or even control other user screens and make some actions while controlling their screen as well. There are lots of ways to effectively use WebEx. Firstly, you may use mobile version (IOS, Android) of WebEx and...

Cons

Latest version of the WebEx has a very lean interface which makes it elegant but on the other hand some user controls are kind of hidden or hard to reach so you may struggle in the first hand; but can get used to by the time. Another drawback is the lag or slow down issue while sharing or controlling screens. I think the severity depends on your connection speed; but this is likely to happen if you use control features much. Lastly, connection with WebEx server may be an issue time to time; but I don't see this as a critical issue as it may happen with other service providers as well.

The best conferencing tool so far with audio, screen or video sharing features

I'm very happy with Cisco WebEx. Outlook integration makes the life very easy for the meetings. You can easily do the meeting management within your outlook. WebEx productivity tool enables you to access your agenda and shows what's next. By this way even outlook is closed you can manage your agenda or meetings. Mobile platform apps works properly and integrate you while on business travel. Sure there are some things to improve; but it is the best software I've experienced so far for meeting organizations. Interface is very elegant and attractive too.

Pros

WebEx have several tools like MS Outlook add-on and Productivity tool. These really make the office life easier while you are working during the day. Add-on is easily integrated to MS Outlook. By clicking meet now, you can easily create instant link and forward by mail, also by schedule meeting ribbon you to can easily add link invitation note. You can use productivity tool from the desktop and use all features with a small interface. User controls are good and can be easily managed. Mobile platform usage is a very big opportunity. I'm using IOS version of WebEx app most of the time while I'm away from the office. It is very convenient and easy to connect. You can use almost all the features.

Cons

One of the issues with WebEx is that it causes lag after sharing screen long time or when taking over other users' screen. If you are using headset (directly from your IP or land phone) then the audio quality is perfect; but if you are using only computer to connect, then voice quality drops significantly. Another issue is the connectivity problem with the WebEx server. This happens rarely; but you probably end up with cancelling te meeting. Interface is very elegant; but I somehow have difficulty to use some features, e.g. taking or giving control or annotate screen.

Cisco Webex - Better before

All in all, It is a great program and provides great convenience to all of us. I have also used some similar programs and I can easily say webex is the best at this point in time. However, I believe it is worth to work on the cons I mentioned above to make it even better, maybe perfect. I would like to thank to Cisco Webex for making business life easier for us.

Pros

It is one of the most helpful program in my business life. It makes the discussion easier. You can quickly set-up a meeting for anytime in the future. If you need to have a meeting immediately, one-click webex is the quickest way. During the meeting, you can annotate onto screen even if it is not your screen. It helps to have a better discussion. It is even possible to dictate another attandee's computer. I could not believe when I realized it. It is also possible to get the detail of the meeting including attandee list and you can even record your meeting.

Cons

There are two cons that I feel while using webex. First one is a new issue. After last update of webex, I do not think it is user-friendly enough anymore. I am having issues to control the meeting. It was better with old revision. I have no idea what is the driver of having this update but it obviously need another update. Last and most important one is the delay of the action for me. When I am controlling someone's screen or annotating on it, what I have done appears others computer late. Frankly, I do not know it is due to an issue with webex or internet connection but it sometimes makes communication harder.

Best video meeting solution I've ever tested

Since COVID-19, I couldn't visit our customer and have a meeting on offline, so I should've find the way to solve this problem. First time I used Zoom for my video meeting but I had a bad experience while on meeting such as lack of signal or poor quality of voice. Therefore I found many video meeting solution on Google and tested 21 solutions last MAR. Finally I selected Cisco Webex. You can see my...

Pros

- easy to use : no need to install client S/W for meeting, only can invite an attendee by 2 steps - good quality of vioce : can hear good quality of voice and latency is under 0.2 sec - network connectivity is always stable : I didn't experience for lost signal while meeting - video screen adjustment : can increase or decrease video screen size and put wherever you want - great collaboration S/W : I think that Webex Teams is better than Microsoft Teams.

Cons

- Language support : AI function can't use in Korean. - hard to use in Webex Event : UI/UX in Webex Event is very complicated - expensive : compare other S/W, I think that Cisco Webex is most expensive in this area.

WebEx Meeting Center better than Business Link

WebEx Meeting Center is the best software out there that is good for companies with 10,000+ employees. It is seamless and is easy to use. Never had any issues using this software!

Pros

When I started working, I was first introduced in using "Business Link" whenever we have client calls or conference bridge calls, and I thought that is already a great application used for conferences. However, when I transferred to Conduent (formerly known as Xerox) from Convergys, I now use WebEx Meeting Center whenever I do client calls, and conference calls with team members spread throughout the...

Cons

This software is very convenient to use, and I think I can't ask for more, and I never had any problems using this software so I guess this is N/A for me.

Cisco Webex Meetings - Meetings with everyone without limits

With Cisco Webex Meeting I can contact and work with anyone without leaving the office or my home. It allows me to support clients instantly, meet with colleagues who are in another country without having to travel or take distance training without the cost associated with the trip. Many of the daily meetings that work requires are resolved with this application without leaving the office.

Pros

Cisco Webex Meetings is the quintessential collaborative cloud platform. It allows users to have their own personal room to be able to meet up to 1000 people in the same meeting. It has video capacity of up to 200 participants, you can use a white board to show any idea in an instant and even share screen or give or take control of another device. All in one application. And the best part is that if you are near a Cisco video device, you can use proximity and define that device as an audio and video device instead of a cell phone or computer. If the guests do not have the application installed, it does not matter, from any browser they can join the meeting or from the cell phone. What more can you ask for a virtual meeting application?

Cons

Honestly there isn't much to say at this point. Maybe just mention that you need to be a computer administrator to be able to install the application that without it, you don't have the plug in in Office tools like Outlook. It would be good not to have this requirement and to be able to have the plug in without having the need to install the application.

Works well for large meeting during covid

Great being able to see our clients since we can't be face to face with them right now.

Pros

I really like that you can host large seminars and invite a couple hundred people or you can have a 1 on 1 meeting with a client and it's safe and secure. I also like that the people you invite do not have to create a user ID and PW. Also really love that you can screen share so I can show a client their portfolio and performance. Also great feature is if you are hosting a seminar, you can mute everyone as the host to limit background noise for other people trying to listen.

Cons

The things most frustrating with this software was the customer service. We had trouble at the onset with it and their customer service desk is overseas and hard to get through. It was the start of covid19 (Mar-April 2020)when we were all working from home and hold times were no less than an hour to get through. My call kept dropping and I had to call and get in queue again. Once I was through, the representative was helpful and able to resolve my issue. Not sure what current hold times look like.

Webex just WORKS!

Overall I am quite pleased. The current company I work for uses three different meeting tools and I always am pleased when I see Webex being the chosen tool. The others always seem to have some kind of trouble.

Pros

The best thing I really have come to admire about Webex over anything other such as Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, or even Slack is that it just works. No matter which device you're using or where you're connecting from, it works. Everyone's voice is always clear and you can easily tell who is speaking or sharing. The placement of every item is well thought out and I can't stress this enough, it just works! Best of all, regular updates reassure me that bugs are being taken care of while more innovation is implemented.

Cons

There isn't much I can think of that would be a con from Cisco's side. I had an older car where the sound would not play through my bluetooth but I don't blame Webex for that. They can't account for every car's audio system. Once in a blue moon a recurring webex meeting will just not work and claim to "not exist" but easy fix to just resend a meeting invite. Other than that, no other downsides I can think of.