Webex Reviews

6.6K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.03/10

Reviews by rating

Very good, easy to share content, presentation, be able to view participants. Very stable platform, video quality.
Webex has an easy interface and is good with some integrations like outlook. Webex has a good mobile app.
Overall I think the Webex is a good and I do recommend it as a good video chat software I will definitely be using this soft ware on my laptop.
Everytime you scroll through the people in the room, all the camera screens have to reload. Half the people in our room have audio problems and it's very ugly to the eye.
Webex's design is atrocious, and its legacy features live behind separate interfaces—which are somehow even worse than the design of the main UX—that make them incredibly confusing to use.
We have had trouble with the video when everyone first started working from home and opted for audio-only. I have also experience the inability to recorded meetings.

6,641 reviews

MS

Mark S.

Sales Director

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

As easy as meeting in person

Transcript

Mark: Hi, I'm Mark. I am a sales and service delivery executive, and I would give Cisco Webex a four...

Michael N.

QA Manager

Military, 51-200 employees

Remote Audit

Transcript

Mike N.: Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a quality manager in the military industry, and I give Cisco WebEx four out...

Traci F.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy to Use Software - highly recommend!

I love the ability to connect with my customers “face to face” and I’ve never had a complaint about difficulty using it!

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is and I rarely have call quality issues. I also love how you don’t need to download software to participate in a meeting - great for my customers who use Zoom, or Teams. I also love the integration with Calendar - it makes scheduling meetings super easy!

Cons

I really don’t have any cons - but maybe some new backgrounds would be nice!

ea

emilie a.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Webex pour un usage professionnel

Lorsque je mets en place des réunions avec d'âtres pays que la France, ce logiciel est plus apprécié car plus déployé qu'en France

Pros

Sa prise en main rapide et les fonctionnalités de bases font le job. C'est un outil déployé dans d'autres pays que la France et avec ces clients je ne peux m'en passer.

Cons

Le fait de devoir télécharger un logiciel ou l'application alors que d'autres ne le nécessite pas

Showing original review in French. See translation

BM

Bame M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Best App to talk business

The app allows me to communicate well with my patients and employees which helps business to become easy and functionable.

Pros

I can hold meetings with my patients and employees anywhere at any appointed time.I can review meeting and discussion points I've missed by downloading them from the automatically downloaded transcripts.

Cons

The App is convenient only when I have good network.It is not supported in my other devices which hinders with my meeting appointments at times.

David B.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Webex is essential to any business

Its been a wonderful experience , it ties me to the office and lets m know whern people are available or busy. or using video.

Pros

Its a great alternative to Teams and it is feature rich and works great. Cisco made a top notch product with this one. I have been online with several hundred people all sharing video at the same time for some online company photos and it was fine. We tried teams for the same thing and it hung up. This is my go to product to keepo me tied to the office.

Cons

There is nothing that I can say I truly do not like about this software it is perfect for me and a lot of companies I work with.

GC

Gael C.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Videoconferencias rapidas y sencillas

Me gusto para hacer videoconferencias gratis y rapido, es una alternativa excelente para cuando buscas hacer una reunion corta

Pros

La aplicación permite hacer videollamadas de calidad aceptable y de manera gratuita. Permite tambien transmitir la pantalla y los espectadores pueden interactuar entre si

Cons

Las videoconferencias suelen tener limite de tiempo, aunque se pueden usar los mismos links de reunion para volver a entablar la videoconferencia. Y la calidad de video baja considerablemente cuando se tiene una baja conexion a internet

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

CC

Carmen C.

Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Excelente aplicación para reuniones de trabajo

Solíamos usar otra plataforma, se entrecortaban las llamadas y no se entendía bien al interlocutor.

Pros

Es un producto muy fácil de usar, muy amigable y de muy buena calidad.

Cons

Creo que no tiene mucho que mejorar , es un producto que se va actualizando y eso lo hace ser impecable cada vez que lo uso.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Sam J O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Webex always prove to be the unbeaten unified communication tool.

I use Webex consistently in our organization as a communication platform to help have a smooth-running communication experience both internally and externally. It helps maintain top levels of privacy and security during communication. It offers us an easy to use communication platform for everyone.

Pros

Webex provides the most secure and private platform for communication. With high levels of privacy and security, it allows one to have even the most private and sensitive conversations and share top secret information with confidence. It has very easy to use communication functions that make it effortless for everyone to access and make use of them. To ensure the best communication experience that...

Cons

The only issue i have experienced while using Webex was that the video and audio quality are highly dependent on the quality and stability of your internet connection. Meaning that, when the connection is poor, the audio starts to break and video gets blurry.

Deyna R.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Professional looking communications

A good communication system, with a professional appearance and that also has screen sharing functions, send files, actions that are so necessary for professional management in an understandable and accessible way

Pros

It mainly helps us to communicate smoothly, especially those who do not have a computer capable of receiving video calls can do so from their smartphones with the same functions. It has a fairly simple interface and you don't need to be an expert to understand it, you can share screen, documents and even chat online in case of any failure with the connection, we have used it for a few years and it is basically essential in the company to communicate in real time with customers and partners

Cons

Please do not complain about this system because it is quite easy to use and those who work with this tool know how functional it is.

Amit B.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Webex - Good Communication Tool

Overall we are happy to make use of this audio-office tool, with its various features we believe with some added features in future it will continue to build on our trust.

Pros

We have been making use of Webex quite a number of times to make audio calls with our clients, internal teams , doing lots of screen share sessions. Its really a good tool , response time is really commendable.

Cons

Apart from occasional call drops the tool works fine, not many issues to point out, so far its working as per our needs and the tool is stable for most of the time.

Sachi C.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

WebEx makes your headaches with video conferencing go away

Pros

Ease of use in hosting/joining rooms, the whiteboard features are great.

Cons

Early on, there was a lack of security features which meant users outside of company could “accidentally” enter a private room. WebEx’s mobile experience left me hoping for a much improved version.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Covers my company's online events needs. There's room for improvement.

I’m using Webex for about two years having experience mostly from the admin side. The software company I work for used to host annual on-site events targeting to inform its users community for the new developments and updates. Due to the pandemic we’re forced to cancel all the physical events and start searching platforms that support olnine events hosting. We concluded to Webex. We use Webex to host...

Pros

- Automatic invitation sending to the invited attendees through the platform. - Option for reguired registration which enables the particpants’ behavior tracking - Update the participants for potential changes in one step - Easy and quick users’ role management - Option for feedback form after the end of the event - Detailed reports - Responsive support team

Cons

- Quite complicated Event setup - It is not possible to setup reccuring Events (there’s the solution of creating a list of events but that means that I must create each event separately). - The option of “Background music” (during breaks) is not supported (sound breaks) - The users logging in using their browser are facing sound and video-flow issues. - The Panelists that don’t run a temporary application have limited access to some tools/features. - Users of MS-DOS have reported several issues. - The videos don’t play in full-width and that makes impossible for us to host pre-recorded presentations.

Kelly M B.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

It's simple to use and facilitates teamwork

Using Webex, video conferencing is a simple and straightforward process. I've used Webex to participate in interviews and instructional webinars, among other things. Installation and use across many devices is really simple and functional.

Pros

Its user role administration is simple to use, and its functions are not complicated, but rather straightforward. When preparing a presentation, I really appreciate the annotate feature. Additionally, the program offers real-time translation as well as subtitling capabilities. I appreciate that the program is simple to set up and that it is simple to communicate with colleagues all around the world.

Cons

When used on mobile devices, it does not function correctly. When I have computer troubles (not software problems), I attempt to utilize Webex on my cell phone, but it doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, I am unable to function correctly.

SG

Scott G.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Versatile tool for today's business environment!

Business problems are really discussed in the "pros" section above. Many in our company are now able to work from home for multiple days of the week on a permanent basis. Having a tool like Webex helps make this possible and I see it leading to cost savings as office space shrinks in the future. I'm very happy with the tool and enjoy its use.

Pros

With the new work from home push brought on from the COVID 19 pandemic, we needed to find tools that would facilitate the new normal. Webex is a great tool that we use for multiple applications. 1. We use this for internal chat back and forth within the company. This tool provides instant messaging that is faster than e-mail and more likely to be read by the user. 2. It is very good for web conferencing....

Cons

I don't have much that I dislike on this tool. One thing that can be a problem is that I have multiple tools we use for web conferencing and chat messages. Between checking two chat boxes plus e-mail and handling live calls and web conferences, it is easy to miss a message with so many ways to send them. I sometimes fail to see that I have a Webex message until hours or sometimes days later.

ER

Edgar R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

The brand does matter when you're looking for something good...

I think that Webex seeks to expand its target market, not just be a communications software solution used by large companies with hundreds of employees, but also reach people who need to have quality, secure and reliable communication, which I think is a great Webex initiative. Having access to a top-level communications tool like Webex is fabulous, it's such a complete tool, I'm going to call it...

Pros

The brand does matter when you are looking for something good, it matters when you are looking for stable environments, reliable communications and available at any time, it does matter when you need support, people who help you in those moments when you really need it. It is not only what you see on your screen as a user or what you can do with the tool, but also what exists behind it, which many...

Cons

Cisco offers robust solutions (Webex is not the exception); from my point of view it has always been characterized by having very good solutions functionally (seek to be powerful and simple at the same time) that fulfill the purpose for which they were developed, hardware and software, and the Cisco's graphical user interfaces (GUI) usually have become so simple (simplified functions in a few buttons...

Felipe R.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

The professional choice for collaboration

Excellent experience. During the pandemic, there were very specific moments of deterioration of the service as a result of the explosion in the use of this type of tools (it multiplied x10). It is something that affected all online video conferencing and collaboration tools globally. Including Zoom and Microsoft. However, Webex knew better to measure up

Pros

I've been using Webex for over a decade. Being a Cisco product gives me the guarantees of being robust, secure and continuously updated. In the last year, many new Artificial Intelligence functions and other interesting features (p.e. simultaneous translation) have been integrated. In addition, it complements very well with the rest of the Cisco portfolio for videoconferencing, voice, contact center, etc.

Cons

Little to complain about Webex. Perhaps that is more expensive than other similar options. But it is a product oriented to professional use that is worth what it costs. Security is very important, and that pays for.

pa

papa arona n.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

great online meeting tool

Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting. Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password. The...

Pros

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. - Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help. - Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more. - Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards. - Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants. - Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons

- Not suitable for large scale webinars. - You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Oscar A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

New Webex - The best for collaboration

We like it a lot. We've been replacing other tools and simplifying everything into a single Webex Suite. Leaving aside other tools and using only this one, helps to take better control of the work carried out. Although to a certain extent it is impossible to ignore other tools, this particular one is already used by the majority of users in most collaboration cases.

Pros

It is very simple to use in general. The tool can be used by clients and business partners for free, which allows us to collaborate with them in a safe and comprehensive way with the rest of our solutions. Although we have our license that includes storage in the cloud, customers or business partners do not need to pay anything to collaborate with us and use our spaces. Which makes it a very convenient tool.

Cons

I think the costs are not the best. To be able to use and take advantage of it, you have to acquire different types of licenses and integrations. For example with Webex Meetings, it is not something that you have for sure, it is something that is integrated as long as you have all the licenses and subscriptions.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Webex Review

Pros

Powerful Security: This is perhaps the main advantages of Webex. Cisco is the biggest endeavor network safety organization on the planet, so you can trust it to guarantee your protection and information security inside a Webex call. Webex encodes every one of your information regardless of which plan you purchase. Organizations whose information security is absolutely critical can find supreme harmony...

Cons

Incidental Call Quality and Association Issues: Call quality is by and large great, and the encompassing commotion decrease highlight is superior to different apparatuses we've attempted. Yet, in light of the fact that Webex is so broadly utilized, there's consistently the danger of blackouts. We've encountered a couple throughout testing various items, and sporadically Webex sets aside some effort...

KP

Kelly P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The most reliable conferencing software out there

After having tried several other products, I have come back to WebEx time and time again.

Pros

I use Webex to teach continuing education courses at my local community college. I actually pay for an account out of my own pocket after having so much trouble with the software the college provided. Webex is very consistent. It's rare that a student has trouble getting on. It allows me to share my screen, record sessions, track attendance, use breakouts, share files and video. Really, anything I've needed to do. The phone app is very good and I've had to use it when my power went out during class. I just hopped on the mobile app and finished teaching from my phone.

Cons

The only downfall of the software is that users have to download a plugin to use it on their computer. Rarely do any of my students have an issue with it. However, people seem more resistant to downloading things these days and some of them do complain about it.

Oscar A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Webex Meetings

I quite liked it. It is very easy to start a conference. It also has a waiting room for participants who can tell that they are already inside so that the organizer can start the conference. Meeting scheduling is very useful, and easily integrates with calendars like Outlook.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It allows a large capacity of participants and allows sessions to be recorded. Something that makes it a very good option is that it allows you to enter the sections even by dialing a number without the need for software (although it would only be audio). The integration that it has with other Christ solutions and that allows adding a great variety of video conferencing devices makes it a very flexible application.

Cons

Price may be one of its downsides. Comparing it to others like Zoom, the price may go up a bit. However, for a medium to large company, buying by volume can compensate for this situation.

SM

Satya M.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Cisco Webex Review

The overall experience is awesome. It has a lot of features that can be useful for Meeting, Collaborations, Scheduling future interviews etc. Nice Audio and Video Quality. Screen sharing and Nice virtual Background Options. During this Covid situation Webex is the tool that saved us and we could deliver work deliverables properly and timely manner.

Pros

Cisco Webex meeting is the awesome tool for meetings, collaborations, creating appointments for any event. Nice Screen sharing options. The best part is Recording meeting which can be stored and referred later. Nice Chatting options also. You can choose whom to talk or you can chat to the whole team. Nice Video and Sound Quality. Easily Integrated with Microsoft outlook that's why we can create meeting from outlook easily including WebEx link. We can have our personal room where you can collaborate with the team. It can be accessed outside the VPN network. Easily can download on Mobile without any need of Company network. Nice notification settings which will be pretty nice and from the notifications you can join meeting. We can connect to a phone also to have a call between team members.

Cons

The Tool is pretty heavy which takes a lot of memory on the system since it includes a lot of stuff on its own. Can't avoid surrounding noise. We need to install some other plugins to avoid that.

Veljko Z.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Handles large meetings quite well, but people still join with two devices to avoid issues

It is being used by our client, big banking corporation, that trust the privacy of the platform which is probably the main driver for its choice. I've had much better user-experience with other similar software, but this being a "forced" platform to use, it's not that bad nowadays. Hopefully, they'd keep on improving it in the future as well.

Pros

I've seen webex meetings with about 150 participants and it worked without any issues. For big events it can even support the 'hidden participants' which is also great for hosting public events. Recently it got several updates which got rid of some of the most annoying problems with the platform (the "person joined the meeting" sound, people forgetting to mute themselves upon entering, ability to have co-hosts, introduced "push-to-talk" feature, easy switching between audio/video devices). Ability to easily record sessions is a plus. The desktop client can sync with Outlook/Webex so you can enjoy the "one-click-to-join" experience. It also works with people from outside the organization (anonymous logins), which enables widespread usage with contractors or other external staff in general.

Cons

* In a meeting with ~100 people, around 30 of them will have joined with two devices - they would use one for seeing the screen and sharing video, and the other one for audio. It appears there's still issues with it which is quite annoying being it's 2021 and that's one of the basic features. * The features only started rolling out since the pandemic broke out - the webex was looking pretty bad for...

PR

Pressilla R.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Great Video & Audio Quality

I totally love incorporating this software into my weekly business meetings and sometimes for meeting with clients. It is super easy to use for the clients as well. Love that there is nothing to download or install for people who are suspicious of viruses. Quality of the video and audio are truly amazing and makes my presentations flawless.

Pros

I use this software for video conference meetings. The HD video is of high quality and the sound quality is really great. Since our company is small, the free version works well since we can have up to 100 participants with no charge. The best part for me is that there is nothing to install or download for users. You just click a button and join the meeting. They offer additional packages at reasonable...

Cons

It doesn't have the capability for you to include a user anonymously, which was a downfall for us because sometimes administration may need to queue in on the meeting for observation or feedback without making your guests nervous. The virtual background features are limited and not as vibrant as other similar programs. Also there is no notification sound when someone raises their hand, so you have to pay attention to your screen throughout presentation.

AD

Aki D.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Cisco WebEx Meeting Huge Improvement

Eight months ago, I would not recommend WebEx Meeting. But now, November 2020, WebEx Meeting is definitely a different one, and is already at par, if not exceeded Zoom as the standard for virtual meetings.

Pros

The Pros: As Zoom has been the standard of virtual meeting since pandemic, WebEx meeting has quickly improved from their lackluster features 8 months ago, to almost Zoom. Our company has been using WebEx as standard virtual conference platform. It used to be very buggy and laggy and having audio and video performance issues. Now, it's one click audio and video integrated in internet. No need to dial...

Cons

Although WebEx Meetings has improved a lot, there are still a few features not working properly. 1. Virtual Background in video eats a lot of computer memory and sometimes causing laptop to freeze. 2. The breakout rooms do not have advance assignments yet, so imagine you have 500 attendees and you have to break them up manually.

Nelson Kipchirchir s.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting The application provides a very clear audio and video quality. The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome. The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems. The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it. A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth. I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.