Webex Reviews

Pros

Easy to use : no need to install client S/W for meeting, only can invite an attendee by 2 steps. Good quality of vioce : can hear good quality of voice and latency is under 0.2 sec.

Overall I think the Webex is a good and I do recommend it as a good video chat software I will definitely be using this soft ware on my laptop.

Guillermo V.

The most important thing, as it is with all video conferencing, is the video quality and reliability are top notch.

Cons

Everytime you scroll through the people in the room, all the camera screens have to reload. Half the people in our room have audio problems and it's very ugly to the eye.

HD

Hannah D.

Webex's design is atrocious, and its legacy features live behind separate interfaces—which are somehow even worse than the design of the main UX—that make them incredibly confusing to use.

We have had trouble with the video when everyone first started working from home and opted for audio-only. I have also experience the inability to recorded meetings.

Kurt M.

IT Administrator

Military, 51-200 employees

Remote Audit

Transcript

Mike N.: Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a quality manager in the military industry, and I give Cisco WebEx four out...

As easy as meeting in person

Transcript

Mark: Hi, I'm Mark. I am a sales and service delivery executive, and I would give Cisco Webex a four...

New Webex - The best for collaboration

We like it a lot. We've been replacing other tools and simplifying everything into a single Webex Suite. Leaving aside other tools and using only this one, helps to take better control of the work carried out. Although to a certain extent it is impossible to ignore other tools, this particular one is already used by the majority of users in most collaboration cases.

Pros

It is very simple to use in general. The tool can be used by clients and business partners for free, which allows us to collaborate with them in a safe and comprehensive way with the rest of our solutions. Although we have our license that includes storage in the cloud, customers or business partners do not need to pay anything to collaborate with us and use our spaces. Which makes it a very convenient tool.

Cons

I think the costs are not the best. To be able to use and take advantage of it, you have to acquire different types of licenses and integrations. For example with Webex Meetings, it is not something that you have for sure, it is something that is integrated as long as you have all the licenses and subscriptions.

A decent meetings platform that you can't really blame. Nice overall and quite good for lectures

I started using webex as a students during our lockdown for covid since most of the lectures where hosted there. Having private messages is a plus and also meeting recording is more than useful. Sometimes there where some connectivity issues and kicking people out of the meeting. Overall, very decent online meetings software

Pros

Since I mostly used webex in the context of school lectures, I loved the fact that the teacher could record the lectures and I could watch them in my own time and pace (a lot of them where too early in the morning for me). Also, I liked the fact that we could communicate in private with other attendees (not crowding the team chat) for some extra clarification. Lastly, having the "raise hand" feature seemed quite nice in some cases, since I didn't have to stop the lecture by opening my mic whenever I felt like I needed to.

Cons

Well, there is not much to blame in Webex. Sometimes, mostly in lectures where there were too many attendees (more than 200 usually), some colleagues of mine faced issues with random kicking from the platform and of course the usually stuttering (you all really need to disable your cameras in such high bandwidth calls).

Complex but a few shortcomings

We're using Webex to do tech meetings with US partners, and to manage remote meetings of local institutions.

Pros

It stands among the most feature-packed conferencing apps, and comes with dedicated hardware, powerful and extensive means provided to connect users to a conference

Cons

Even with lots of free bandwidth (both in the organization and in the remote connections) the audio can do 1-2 seconds lags, or the audio can just be bad for a few partecipants even if they have good audio and bandwidth, I suppose it's a server side issue. Can be resource hungry when there are >20 partecipants with video. The image quality using the Cisco room kit is underwhelming for its cost.

Functional and Secure

My experience has been a pleasant surprise. My employer has a contract with this service and we use this platform for meetings where very sensitive information is discussed. It's been very simple to use thus far and we've had no issues with people gaining access to meetings.

Pros

I can easily join a meeting from my phone or computer with or without downloading a dedicated app. I also feel very secure using this product and feel like my sensitive information is not exposed. I also like the fact that I can choose to join meetings as a guest and still have similar functionality.

Cons

The interface is not the most attractive. But that is in no way a major issue and does not take away from the functionality of the program.

Cisco Webex Hossam Review

Cisco Webex is very reliable & my preferred when requiring access to remote devices, especially in today's circumstances of remote working & working from home, if you are a support person, then Cisco Webex is helping you do all of the needed tasks when troubleshooting a remote endpoint by granting access & control.

Pros

Cisco Webex is very reliable for meetings, conferencing, screen sharing, also in terms of security. We have been using it especially with vendors & in resolving tickets & issues remotely where we need a complete access to remote endpoints & it serves perfectly.

Cons

Unlike other meeting software out there, the cost is a major drawback which might not fit the budget of small companies, who would prefer other free ones which can provide almost same functionalities. one more thing is that when using Mobile you might not get all the features, and that needs development.

Options for invited users are somehow limited

Webex is sound, cross-platform and open to phone calls. so you can have everyone join the meeting even when they are travelling, low on battery, etc. Sharing documents is fine. The ability to choose what participants to pin to the screen is also good, as sometimes the faces of people listening to a presentation tell you more than the speaker's words!

Pros

Webex is solid, easy to use, good to combine people on the go thanks to the ability to join by phone. I like the way I can edit charts shown by colleagues by simply using my finger on a touchscreen.

Cons

As an invited user (I attend a weekly meeting with a company using Webex, but I am an external consultant) I find it cumbersome that I have to copy and paste a link in a web browser to get the Webex client started. I wish I could have clickable link in my invitation. Also, sometimes you have the same user joining through Internet and phone, which can be somewhat misleading.

A Reliable and Secure option for Video Conferencing

We use Webex for meetings on a daily basis in our organization, and it's a great way to get everyone on board. It offers a lot of useful features and is simple to use. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

Pros

Scheduling meetings is extremely simple and easy. The audio and video sharing system is of excellent quality. This platform works great for screen-sharing. We have the option of giving or requesting control of the other user's screen. Webex enables us to record and download the meetings to watch them later. These meeting recordings can be saved to the cloud as well.

Cons

Sometimes the screen control does not work. It would be great to be able to send attachments over the meeting chat.

Cisco Webex - on the go!

the functions and software intergrations make it a pleasant software to use.

Pros

It is a comfortable, safe environment for sharing and collaborating for work or performing activities. It has a user friendly interface. The software cannot only be used for work but to socialize or speak to friends and family.

Cons

it is not supported on my desktop and it is expensive.

Flawless Meeting Streams

Overall, the software delivers what it claims to offer, stable and reliable.

Pros

This software is so stable even when conducting meetings with colleagues from other parts of the world feels so responsive and lacks latency.

Cons

Sometimes i struggle with setting up multiple mics and speaker input/outputs.

An all in one hybrid solution to video conferencing.

Flowless video interface with high security yet easy to use platform

Pros

The inception of voice calls and messaging, adds extra value to the video conferencing facility.

Cons

Lack of breakout rooms which is a powerful module for collaboration

great online meeting tool

Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting. Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password. The...

Pros

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. - Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help. - Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more. - Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards. - Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants. - Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons

- Not suitable for large scale webinars. - You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Webex Review

Pros

Powerful Security: This is perhaps the main advantages of Webex. Cisco is the biggest endeavor network safety organization on the planet, so you can trust it to guarantee your protection and information security inside a Webex call. Webex encodes every one of your information regardless of which plan you purchase. Organizations whose information security is absolutely critical can find supreme harmony...

Cons

Incidental Call Quality and Association Issues: Call quality is by and large great, and the encompassing commotion decrease highlight is superior to different apparatuses we've attempted. Yet, in light of the fact that Webex is so broadly utilized, there's consistently the danger of blackouts. We've encountered a couple throughout testing various items, and sporadically Webex sets aside some effort...

The most reliable conferencing software out there

After having tried several other products, I have come back to WebEx time and time again.

Pros

I use Webex to teach continuing education courses at my local community college. I actually pay for an account out of my own pocket after having so much trouble with the software the college provided. Webex is very consistent. It's rare that a student has trouble getting on. It allows me to share my screen, record sessions, track attendance, use breakouts, share files and video. Really, anything I've needed to do. The phone app is very good and I've had to use it when my power went out during class. I just hopped on the mobile app and finished teaching from my phone.

Cons

The only downfall of the software is that users have to download a plugin to use it on their computer. Rarely do any of my students have an issue with it. However, people seem more resistant to downloading things these days and some of them do complain about it.

Webex Meetings

I quite liked it. It is very easy to start a conference. It also has a waiting room for participants who can tell that they are already inside so that the organizer can start the conference. Meeting scheduling is very useful, and easily integrates with calendars like Outlook.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It allows a large capacity of participants and allows sessions to be recorded. Something that makes it a very good option is that it allows you to enter the sections even by dialing a number without the need for software (although it would only be audio). The integration that it has with other Christ solutions and that allows adding a great variety of video conferencing devices makes it a very flexible application.

Cons

Price may be one of its downsides. Comparing it to others like Zoom, the price may go up a bit. However, for a medium to large company, buying by volume can compensate for this situation.

Cisco Webex Review

The overall experience is awesome. It has a lot of features that can be useful for Meeting, Collaborations, Scheduling future interviews etc. Nice Audio and Video Quality. Screen sharing and Nice virtual Background Options. During this Covid situation Webex is the tool that saved us and we could deliver work deliverables properly and timely manner.

Pros

Cisco Webex meeting is the awesome tool for meetings, collaborations, creating appointments for any event. Nice Screen sharing options. The best part is Recording meeting which can be stored and referred later. Nice Chatting options also. You can choose whom to talk or you can chat to the whole team. Nice Video and Sound Quality. Easily Integrated with Microsoft outlook that's why we can create meeting from outlook easily including WebEx link. We can have our personal room where you can collaborate with the team. It can be accessed outside the VPN network. Easily can download on Mobile without any need of Company network. Nice notification settings which will be pretty nice and from the notifications you can join meeting. We can connect to a phone also to have a call between team members.

Cons

The Tool is pretty heavy which takes a lot of memory on the system since it includes a lot of stuff on its own. Can't avoid surrounding noise. We need to install some other plugins to avoid that.

Handles large meetings quite well, but people still join with two devices to avoid issues

It is being used by our client, big banking corporation, that trust the privacy of the platform which is probably the main driver for its choice. I've had much better user-experience with other similar software, but this being a "forced" platform to use, it's not that bad nowadays. Hopefully, they'd keep on improving it in the future as well.

Pros

I've seen webex meetings with about 150 participants and it worked without any issues. For big events it can even support the 'hidden participants' which is also great for hosting public events. Recently it got several updates which got rid of some of the most annoying problems with the platform (the "person joined the meeting" sound, people forgetting to mute themselves upon entering, ability to have co-hosts, introduced "push-to-talk" feature, easy switching between audio/video devices). Ability to easily record sessions is a plus. The desktop client can sync with Outlook/Webex so you can enjoy the "one-click-to-join" experience. It also works with people from outside the organization (anonymous logins), which enables widespread usage with contractors or other external staff in general.

Cons

* In a meeting with ~100 people, around 30 of them will have joined with two devices - they would use one for seeing the screen and sharing video, and the other one for audio. It appears there's still issues with it which is quite annoying being it's 2021 and that's one of the basic features. * The features only started rolling out since the pandemic broke out - the webex was looking pretty bad for...

Great Video & Audio Quality

I totally love incorporating this software into my weekly business meetings and sometimes for meeting with clients. It is super easy to use for the clients as well. Love that there is nothing to download or install for people who are suspicious of viruses. Quality of the video and audio are truly amazing and makes my presentations flawless.

Pros

I use this software for video conference meetings. The HD video is of high quality and the sound quality is really great. Since our company is small, the free version works well since we can have up to 100 participants with no charge. The best part for me is that there is nothing to install or download for users. You just click a button and join the meeting. They offer additional packages at reasonable...

Cons

It doesn't have the capability for you to include a user anonymously, which was a downfall for us because sometimes administration may need to queue in on the meeting for observation or feedback without making your guests nervous. The virtual background features are limited and not as vibrant as other similar programs. Also there is no notification sound when someone raises their hand, so you have to pay attention to your screen throughout presentation.

Cisco WebEx Meeting Huge Improvement

Eight months ago, I would not recommend WebEx Meeting. But now, November 2020, WebEx Meeting is definitely a different one, and is already at par, if not exceeded Zoom as the standard for virtual meetings.

Pros

The Pros: As Zoom has been the standard of virtual meeting since pandemic, WebEx meeting has quickly improved from their lackluster features 8 months ago, to almost Zoom. Our company has been using WebEx as standard virtual conference platform. It used to be very buggy and laggy and having audio and video performance issues. Now, it's one click audio and video integrated in internet. No need to dial...

Cons

Although WebEx Meetings has improved a lot, there are still a few features not working properly. 1. Virtual Background in video eats a lot of computer memory and sometimes causing laptop to freeze. 2. The breakout rooms do not have advance assignments yet, so imagine you have 500 attendees and you have to break them up manually.

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting The application provides a very clear audio and video quality. The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome. The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems. The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it. A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth. I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.

Best Tools for meeting setup in IT Industry

Personal Advantage and views :- 1) This software tool is available for mobile and Desktop. So it's making big difference for me. Whenever I want to connect my work meeting from home or some another location then I can join easily by mobile app. The mobile app is very important in case of electricity has disconnected at your home at a time of WFH and if you are working on desktop from your home then it's making big difference. The quality of voice and content on mobile app is same as desktop. ** Overall I liked this Cisco Webex tools very much for meeting purpose in software. I will recommend to other organization to use this tools. Thanks to Cisco for making such beautiful project.

Pros

1) Easy to use: Any common user can use this tools in easy manner. No need to do some extra effort. You only need to click given link in meeting. Then it will automatically download required meeting setup and then it will redirect you in a meeting. After joining the meeting your are able to see all participants in your meeting and who are speaking as well. So it's give better clarity for meeting members...

Cons

I have one point in Cons. Which related to cisco Webex Mobile app update from google play store. When we are updating this mobile app then we are facing some issue to connecting the meeting. All the filled details has been gone and you have to reenter those. It's means you have to keep your all details with you before updating this app. like you login name, Webex Url etc.

An enterprise tool for the meetings with broader Global teams - Very featureful

Overall, experience is great but UI is not something which is fun. Features are great and helpful.

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. App is super helpful to take meetings on the move 3. Several features for sharing documents live (pause, do selective share) 4. Attendance can be collected easily 5. You get to know who is on mute and who is causing background unknowingly and mute them as needed 6. Chat option is availble 7. There are upfront prompts available for you to select mute or camera options 8. You can take...

Cons

1. Sometimes when a meeting (especially a recurring one) is moved/cancelled, app doesn't sync always 2. They took away an app feature (not sure why), where a notification used to come for the next meeting and that was helpful to know next call even when you are away from machine or not in app. They should consider that feature back 3. Cisco recently had a big audio failure with phone dial feature but computer dial in was working. So, if you don't have any other meeting set up for org, you may be impacted. 4. Users are advised to end the call to stop the meeting time from usage perspective otherwise meeting won't end. 5. UI can be made more fun

Essential application for videoconferencing

As I have a small business, I don't have much to complain about. The maximum number of participants in a meeting was 10 people, however, when the room is full, I feel that the file sharing speed differs for some, even though we are all using the same connection, with a speed of 200mbps. In general, it is a very useful application for anyone who wants a meeting with team members. We use it on both Windows and Androis and are happy with the result.

Pros

Despite having many features, which can somewhat hinder those who are experiencing it for the first time, the application offers a simple way for a videoconference. The application already automatically generates a password link for all participants. Plans: Free, Beginner, Plus and Business, each with dirty features. Free: Up to 100 participants and meetings of up to 50 minutes in length, with an unlimited...

Cons

A wide variety of meeting setup options can be confusing for novice users. Strong competition from Miscrosoft's Skype for Business. In some meetings, the video hangs for a few seconds, while participants are still talking, even with a dedicated 200mbps internet. When you are a beginner, using the app for the first time, you can get lost among so many features. The start-up tutorial should be more complete and less cluttered with information. When sharing many screens, there is a slight lag in the transmission, which can cause the participants to lose focus. The audio quality drops considerably when using the notebook or PC speakers. When meetings are recorded, the deadline for making them available is too long (sometimes you have to wait 24 hours before the recording is available.).

One of the best, could be better

So far, the experience with the application is really good compared to other ones which I have used. So thanking the team for this and hope they still update it better than what it is today so it can reach the level which we expect from it in upcoming years.

Pros

> The primary option which I liked really in this software is connectivity from other sources like mobile phone or other for audio connections which helped me a lot whenever I was stuck in the less internet connection speed. > Webex is so far the best one I have ever seen where the speed and ease of use is on the stake here. The ease of use as I mentioned really applies to this since as soon as the connection has been done, the options to join the meeting and the security it applies to the meeting is the one I like the most. > Other than that, the speed as mentioned before, even in the low internet speeds, the lack of any lag makes this application the most I used ever.

Cons

There is really less things which I don't like about this software which is desktop application readiness. Whenever I always connect through the desktop application, sometimes it takes a lot of time to join the meeting which would result in some of the escalations which you can get in your professional life. I hope this would be made better in the upcoming versions.

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

User Friendly Collaboration Tool

Overall Webex has helped our organization meet with each other regardless of our location. It allows us to train new hires, schedule 1:1s with employees, or simply collaborate to bring out a project.

Pros

I have several favorites when it comes to Webex. I really like how you can schedule unique future meetings with recurring sessions and how you can also schedule ad-hoc meetings using your Personal Room. The use of the personal room is one of my favorites because you have your unique link that you can start whenever, or you can choose to not use your personal room and schedule meetings ahead. I also like the new virtual background and blur features that were just released.

Cons

Sometimes it uses up a lot of bandwidth... that's to be expected. However, it can cause overload when you are sharing webcam and perhaps doing a demo on a product. Of course that is relative to your OS, but it's one of the things that I notice specifically when I use Webex.