Mixmax Logo
Mixmax

Email communication & sales productivity application

visit website

Mixmax Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.98/10

Reviews by rating

The Salesforce integration is great, allowing for easy visibility directly from your inbox; love the templating options and the ability to insert availability for a few team members at once.
This sales/marketing tool works like a marvel when integrated with Gsuite. The control panel is very easy to use and the free version gives you a lot of very useful features.
The amount of integrations is seriously impressive. I also love the scheduling feature built-in to it.
Broken emails, bad reports, formatting errors. The worst Customer Service I've ever seen.
Pointed out a bug, their CS blamed our team for it (they said we were copying and pasting formatting errors in). Then it happened again and their team said we were typing random carriage returns.
Also, I had some problems with open rate stats, the Mixmax counted opens when somebody opened a contact to which an email was sent on our CRM.

DC

Dave C.

Director

Design, 1-10 employees

Mixmax User Review

Transcript

Dave: Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a director of a design agency. And today I'll be reviewing Mixmax,...

Jyothish J.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

One of the Best Email Sequencing & Campaign Tool

Really good experience with the trial and paid versions. Our team uses MixMax for all our email scheduling and automation campaigns.

Pros

Compared to the other email blasting platforms, mixmax is for those users who wants to sent genuine automated & sequenced emails for their campaigns.

Cons

There are some bugs in the software that makes my job difficult at times.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

I love MixMax and all of its capabilities.

Being able to track, schedule, and templatize emails.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to track email opens in great detail. There are so many great features for such a good price. The features i use most besides email tracking is the ability to schedule emails and create email templates. I use both those features on a daily basis and I really don't know what I would do without it.

Cons

Sometimes MixMax glitches and for whatever reason doesn't track certain emails. It doesn't happen frequently enough for it to be a big issue. Also, you have to have MixMax installed on every computer you are sending emails from for the tracking to work. This can be a pain- I really wish it was just automatically hooked up to gmail so no matter what laptop you were using, it would track your emails.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Worst piece of software I had to use, ever

The only benefits I've gained was that it was easy to use and I didn't need onboarding as I've already used a bunch of other sales automation tools. This one is among the cheapest and the quality of software perfectly shows that.

Pros

I can hardly say anything good about it, but if we would have to put bugs, technical issues, lack of support and any other issues related to this product, I'd say it has a lot of great features that you can't use because everything is broken, literally.

Cons

It's broken. Half of the functionality is not even there. You want to make changes to your campaign that is active? You can't, because the settings you make, do not take in the effect. You wan't to check your bounce rates of that campaign? You can't, because it is not able to understand if the domain of the email service works or not. I could write an essay of problems that occured in less than 2 months with this tool.

Sorry that you had a bad experience with Mixmax. Please email me to see if we can resolve your issues.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Tracking opens so there is no stress!

Being able to follow up with prospects and clients at appropriate timing due to the tracker being installed. It's a great tool.

Pros

I love the tracking feature, as well as the preview service they provide when pasting Droplr links into emails. It makes it really easy to use and I know exactly when to follow up with clients.

Cons

If the integration becomes disconnected sometimes I don't notice so Ill have to make sure when I clear my cache and cookies that I reinstall. Nothing that big through - Mixmax is great!

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing tool to manage email outreach campaigns

Pros

The sequences feature is a the best email outreach workflow that I've used so far.

Cons

Price - a bit on the expensive side, they should create a tier like "MixMax light" that enables low volume usage for solopreneurs.

Desmond B.

great bulk email sequencing tool for Salesforce hampered by buggy and incomplete implementation

Mass email automatic multi-stage sequencing integrated with Salesforce.com. We prepare our leads in Salesforce, load them to MixMax and track the results back in Salesforce. My likelihood to recommend could so easily be up at 9-10 but for the current quality weaknesses. The good news is that the quality issues are slowly being addressed.

Pros

Multi stage sequencing allows "fire and forget". Relative ease of loading from Salesforce, incl duplicate filters. 5 stars for the ideas - features and functionality 3 stars for ease of use, should go to 4/5 once implementation and quality addressed If MixMax can sort these out real quick, they'll have a first class offering. Overall, a lot of "customer sacrifice" but will stay with MixMax for a few months at least and review quality again then.

Cons

Buggy, buggy, buggy. The core sequencing engine appears to be working well. Sadly, the surrounding functionality lacks quality - failures (bugs), omissions (some event type not fully reported), weaknesses (realtime reporting performance management) 2 stars value for money because of our costs associated with bug handling and work-arounds. missing out on 3/4 stars. Again, for such a promising product but at this level of maturity, customer support is ok but underresourced .

MS

Mary Sunshine L.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Always improving

We used to use 3 different softwares for email templates, followups and scheduling. Mixmax streamlines them all and uses simple shortcut keystrokes making work much more efficient.

Pros

Mixmax makes following up with potential leads and clients with ease. The ability to set up templates and sequence emails with ease is A+.

Cons

There have been a few times where bugs have popped up which is very embarrassing on the user end. As they have grown customer support has gotten slower.

RR

Rustin R.

Machinery,

My beloved dog Bella or Mixmax? I guess I'll go with Mixmax

Pros

Game changing time saver and enhancement for email, accessible user interface, real support and attention customers. Mixmax fills in the gaps where Gmail falls short and has proved itself to be an invaluable aid to my company's sales and management tasks.

Cons

A bit pricey, though I grudgingly admit probably worth it. Needs the addition of several features, including message deletion and mobile app support.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Helpless without it

Pros

Scheduling emails through MixMax is absolutely brilliant. It’s essential to the way that I work.

Cons

Nothing at all, works brilliantly for us for our team.

Ariel L.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Really is the best email productivity app

Pros

Wow, the dashboard and icons are incredibly easy to follow! This is more of a learn by using type software - it's difficult to educate yourself on all of the features by just reading about it. I highly recommend that anyone who is looking to become more productive with their emails try the free trial version of Mixmax.

Cons

The software is incredibly expensive if you're looking at enterprise - I don't think most people at the company I work for would use it, but I certainly would. However, I'm not given the option to purchase a single license. You can find a lot of the features spread across other apps like Gorgias and Boomerange, Mixmax just happens to consolidate it. I still use this product on my personal gmail, however.

PD

Paul D.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

18 month review of Mixmax

Pros

The email tracking has been very useful but the feature I utilise the most is the sequences to set emails to go out to prospects, it's efficient and user friendly.

Cons

A Home button is required, many times I just want to get back to the main page and there is no easy way of doing so.

MK

Michael K.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

I will not use GSuite without MixMax

Using MixMax let's me and my team focus on serving our customers by significantly reducing the friction in email exchanges and meeting coordination. I will not use GSuite without it.

Pros

MixMax let's me manage the -sometimes tedious- email cycle with ease and confidence. The automation (meeting templates, sequences, follow-ups, reminders, etc) make it so I do not need to manage my follow-ups in a separate task list (like I used to) and insights (Opens, Downloads, Etc) take some of the mystery out of the email portion of the sales cycle. I've used MixMax for almost three years and it keeps getting better.

Cons

They seem to be slow about rolling out integrations with multiple services. Example: They have supported Zoom integration for Meeting Templates for a while now, but GoToMeeting still isn't supported. Also, it is particular about your GMail configuration. Example: I like to use the preview pane, but MixMax doesn't support it even though it is a first class (non-labs) GMail feature. Same with IE support. Some of my clients still use IE, but they cannot use my meeting templates. It gives them a blank screen.

SA

Sasanka A.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Founder's Thoughts

I like Mixmax it allows my team to send sequences etc.

Pros

Love Mixmax as a productivity tool for scheduling meetings, templates, and activity tracking

Cons

Adding members can be confusing. I have deactivated individuals that shows they are on an annual bill. The pricing is starting to go up to an "uncomfortable" position based on competitors in the market.

VT

Vincent T.

I been wanting something like this, forever. One Real Gripe.

Pros

Has its' own Calendly-like functionality built in! Can not only view if someone opened a multi-recipient email but tell WHO it was, no more "Someone opened" (I'm looking at you Hubspot). The schedule emails feature is the most robust out of a bunch of tools I tried in the past. This tool was originally referred to me as a great template/canned response maker but it really is the other features that stuck out to me most. SO MANY GOOD FEATURES! FAVORITE PRO: It makes Gmail-Interface much smoother feeling and faster-seeming.

Cons

Reminders and follow ups as well is great - but I really can't tell the difference between the two features. Some features feel a bit "bloat-y" - Yarn?! What the, is that?A little too ahead of the curve on that one. UNFAVORITE CON: To completely eliminate the rest of their branding "Not using mixmatch yet?" from some of their neat tools, you have to get their highest-paid plan for $65/month. That is absolutely ridiculous. I thought I was being generous paying $29 a month for this tool because I fell in love with it, "where has this been all my life?" I Tweeted. But really you should at least take out the rest of the branding at that price point. It keeps deleting email drafts with no resolution, killing days of productivity.

Free Version Helpful, But With Issues

It has a lot of advanced functionality, but the basic scrolling issues and popup made it annoying over time.

Pros

I liked that I could integrate my calendar availability into an email just by typing /a. My Google calendar would pop up and I could decide which time slots I wanted to tell the email recipient I had available. Those slots would then appear in the email with a button for them to book a time.

Cons

When I was replying to an email and wanted to scroll down through their original content, MixMax just fights you on the scrolling movement down. It's why I eventually uninstalled the software because I just hated not being able to easily scroll down. Also, whenever the mouse hit the wrong part of the top right side of the email compose screen, there would be a popup that came up and blocked the screen. I frequently had to stop and click it to continue writing. It drove me nuts.

JB

JOSEPH B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

MixMax - great value for the money

MixMax is an essential part of my everyday communication with clients, as well as follow up and mass distribution of information to them. It's a one stop shop for my needs in those regards, and I have recommended to several of my clients.

Pros

The program provides as advertised, and is very diligent in not only adding new useful features but also keeping us apprised of them.

Cons

Quite honestly, I do not have any negatives that come to mind easily. Perhaps the "sequence" function could be a bit clearer as to the process. But that's probably just nit picking.

Thanks for the review and for recommending us to your clients!

RT

Royden T.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Best Email Tracking Tool

Overall, it is great to know when someone has read an email and helps to reduce the time it takes to write common emails.

Pros

Mixmax integrates seamlessly with Gmail and is the easiest tool to use. It is better than Salesforce Inbox because you do not have to go through layers of menus in a widget to find information about if someone read an email. The templates are also easy to set up and use.

Cons

Sometimes it take a while for Gmail to load when it's installed.

KC

Kimberly C.

Sales Market and Sales Director

Well if It was not so great i would not be sharing it like crazy...

Pros

I love the email tracking and live report and I love knowing when to send the email. I love the feature to toggle the link or URL. I love the Send Later feature. Really "It's SO FLUFFY" moment. That is why I shared it with team. If possible I can shared the bigger team. There are hundreds in that group. Dag could I get a discount!?

Cons

My boyfriend is an all thumbs on the computer so dialing down to those folks helps one way is to make a video for the how or trouble shooting. Just thinking...

JL

Joshua L.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Keeping organized

We are a fast paced business that speaks to many clients a day with the requirement to send emails and then follow up accordingly. With hundreds of these clients that we're juggling, we've found the Mixmax sequence tool invaluable to keep things going without missing a step. I'd say it's paid for itself with the business we've already got from the sequencing.

Pros

I searched for many weeks trying to find the best sequencing platform that works for our business. There are hundreds of options out there, but only Mixmax was able to perform every function I need and some I didn't realize I needed!

Cons

It's costly to add users or to share templates to your team. Some of our team have limited roles and don't need the full platform so it would be nice to see more a la carte options that could save us money.

Lv

Lone v.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Taking your sales to the next level

Pros

Love the tracking, reminders and insights. This tool will help you to get to the next level, since you can track where/when/how many times your email is opened, can create email marketing and you see all the insights. You can implement this to improve your sales process and get more sales

Cons

also a paid-wall of course, and you get used to it, so you want to keep all the email tracking and possibility - because everything helps each other and at the end it's quiet expensive

Excellent email tracking, One click meeting tool!

I know exactly who opens my email and when.

Pros

I love the mixmax tool. The sequence email features, the preview and tracking tools - all of it. I use mixmax daily. Not sure I could live without it honestly.

Cons

I am using the Small Business option which is the middle of the road option as I don't need to integrate with salesforce. I hate that I can't hide the mixmax branding when sending out sequence emails and calendar appointments. I am a paying customer but not compensated for branding them. I've mentioned this to customer support but they kind of blew me off. I love this tool but if someone came out with something comparable and made this slight adjustment, I'd switch.

CA

Cynthia A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best Customer Service EVER!

The very best part of MIXMAX is the customer support you receive if you have questions or need assistance. It is by far one of the best companies with whom I have ever done business.

Pros

The software is amazing and easy to use.

Cons

I liked everything! There was nothing that I did not like.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Cynthia! We're always happy to help!

NG

Nick G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Supercharge email

Pros

Scheduling, templates, good value for money

Cons

Can clash with other plugins. Freemium to paid is quote a jump

Thanks for the review. Wanted to address your comment 'Can clash with other plugins'. Mixmax 2.0 may fix this issue. If you are using Mixmax 2.0 and still experiencing clashes with other plugins please reach out to our support team - success@mixmax.com.

Entertainment, self-employed

I know you read my email

Pros

Love that I can see when someone has read my email I can save my specific signature for each email account I can save email templates MUCH better fonts to choose from so I can really make my emails stand out

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about this app. It works great for my needs

CA

Claire A.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Great for the most part

It's been great for the most part!

Pros

I love tracking emails, side chatting with others without cc'ing, templates, however, it can be finicky sometimes and will not load.

Cons

When it doesn't load, it's hard to track.