All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Nextiva Reviews

Pros

My overall experience with Nextiva was a pleasant one. It taught me what my needs are, and should they improve in the future, I would be more than happy to revisit them as a business solution.

Janiece S.

Sarah G.

Read the full review
Good experience, I knew I was sacrificing some features when I switched from the leading service provider, but I was going to save 50% on my VOIP bill. Again, the customer service is really great.

NOE T.

Read the full review

Cons

Just before the porting they misinformed me about the date and and time and the porting was done without my knowledge. First week of the Nextiva phone service was terrible.

Darek B.

Read the full review
Poor call quality has also likely contributed to irreparable damage to our brand as customer calls are so frequently dropped or missed due to Nextiva’s problematic online platform and phone app.

Christine B.

Read the full review
Trying to leave them was a literal nightmare, because they broke their contract and I refused to pay the full ETF, I had to speak with a manager, who was supposed to call and never did.

Aaron B.

Read the full review

Nextiva delivered for our business

Pros

1. What a difference a new system can make on your business. Now, phone calls are going to the right individual in their department. Before using a VoIP service, our whole system was a mess. We had no department structure regarding calls, and they were being answered by the closest person to the main phone in their department. The quality of the service is great, too. Every call has been crystal...

Cons

What we liked least about using Nextiva is the onboarding process took a bit longer than we expected. We had a delay porting our numbers to Nextiva. Beside this small headache, we have had smooth sailing.

Mobile app is super easy to use

The quality of service is unmatched. The app is super easy to use, and keeps me organized. The service is great, I have never had difficulty with my calls. The customer service is excellent, staff is patient, friendly, and eager to help. Overall, Nextiva has helped me be more efficient in my business and I know it has helped my colleagues within our company as well.

Pros

Mobile app is easy to navigate, never gives me any trouble.

Cons

That I didn’t switch over sooner, it would have saved me a lot more business.

Good Phone System for Small Business

Using Nextiva we have reduced are phone bill, increased control over our phone system and added the ability to use the phone app.

Pros

I like how I have full control over all aspects of the system such as assigning numbers, forwarding, setting business hours, having multiple voicemail greetings, setting up the call flows, etc.

Cons

The on-boarding process left much to be desired. I would have much-preferred someone to walk me through the system instead of having to rely on Quick Start guides. When emailing to check on the status of porting I didn't receive confirmation emails from the team to confirm receipt of needed materials.

Hello Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're pleased to hear that you're enjoying the Nextiva system and the many features it has to offer. We also appreciate your feedback about onboarding and will make our team aware of your review.

Read this before signing a contract with Nextiva!

Nextiva has been a constant source of frustration for our team, and we feel this has very likely contributed to employee burn out. I personally experienced many of the same call quality issues and stopped using the platform because it was so infuriating. Poor call quality has also likely contributed to irreparable damage to our brand as customer calls are so frequently dropped or missed due to Nextiva’s...

Pros

Unfortunately, we have not liked anything about Nextiva software.

Cons

Be sure to read the fine print and be warned – I do not recommend signing a contract with Nextiva! As a small business owner, I would highly recommend sourcing another digital phone provider that delivers reliable phone service, easy to reach tech support, plan flexibility, competitive pricing and most importantly, the option to cancel if the service does not function properly or meet your current...

Hello Christine, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear about the challenges you and your team faced. We want to help make this right and will have our team reach out ASAP.

Great phone option for the tech-savvy and/or mobile business

The onboarding process went pretty smoothly. We started with a tech setup phone call, which took a bit over an hour. Customer service since then has been a little spotty - but we haven't been put in a pinch yet.

Pros

I like that Nextiva can go with you anywhere you want to go - whether you choose to use your cell phone or a desktop phone. You won't have to change ISP's if you move to a new location - just plug into your internet connect or use your cell phone and you're good to go.

Cons

Setting up voicemail, call groups, and other features is a bit frustrating. There is definitely a learning curve to setting up this system, so give yourself some room to learn their admin panel and features.

A Good Product with Difficult Onboarding

Overall, I imagine our experience with Nextiva was somewhat anomalous. My guess is that our issues were related to COVID-19 and they were unable to attribute our delays to such. It is difficult to look past the frustrating onboarding experience, but I think Nextiva is a good provider now that we have overcome the technical issues. If your company wants friendly and knowledgeable account support, Nextiva is a good choice.

Pros

The easy access to Nextiva support and account managers is its best feature. If there are ever any issues, their support staff can be reached by messaging or phone call quickly. Reliable, domestic support is one of the primary reasons we switched to Nextiva and they deliver in that arena.

Cons

Our onboarding to Nextiva was, frankly, a terrible and protracted experience. While the staff I worked with were always helpful, the salesperson I worked with greatly oversold their onboarding turnover time. We were told our change from 8x8 could be resolved by month's end upon engaging their services. However, it took nearly three months to get our system going, which was frustrating because of the low complexity of our service requests. Once we made the full transition, our services were marred by constant technical issues with the phone app, so a complete delivery of services did not occur until 2021.

Hello John, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that you had a challenging onboarding experience. We want to help resolve any ongoing issues. We'll have our team reach out ASAP.

Trying to leave Nextiva was a nightmare

I would avoid Nextiva at all costs. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and talk to my past self to avoid them like the plaque. You could not get me to switch back to them even if their service was free or they offered to pay me to use their service.

Pros

Their phones did come preset up and the onboarding process was very streamlined. When I did need technical support, they were quick to resolve the issues.

Cons

Where to begin, their pricing and contracts all but force you to stick with them long term or pay an arm and a leg to leave. I should have known better than to sign any contract, but wanted to save a little bit on the upfront costs (by getting a free phone) and slightly lower monthly rates. When I did leave Nextiva, I happily paid to break my contract, even though I shouldn't have had to pay any...

Hello Aaron, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to see you go and wish you and your team the best. If we can help you with anything, please let us know.

Nextiva sold us phones and supplies a quality service with customer support that is always available

Pros

VOIP phone system was the best idea we had for phones. Nextiva has made it easy to remain a long term customer. Our office is phone dependent and if a client cannot reach us they let us hear about it. Nextiva has handled problem we have experienced with the urgency that I would expect from a professional service company. Most questions are answered before we get off the phone. The recommendations for phones was spot on. The service is reliable and the quality of sound it clear. My client never ask about the kind of phone we are using. They can't tell the difference. The billing is always correct and predictable. Never had a billing problem.

Cons

The app is a bit uncomfortable to use. In order to answer the phone I have to press a couple of keys and often the phone rings 3 -5 times before I answer. I prefer our calls answered in 2-3 rings. Now this is only a problem when out of the office and the phones are forwarded.

Great software to track inbound and outbound calls

Pros

Nextiva being the main source of our communication with our clients, this gives the company great knowledge on whats actually happening on the phone with the clients and our employees.

Cons

Nextiva has its moments, when it use Nextiva crashing on daily bases, just a restart of the software will put you back online.

Nextiva Phone System Review

I love this product and it helped save our business during the Covid-19 lockdowns.

Pros

It is so customizable. This software can do anything you can dream of when it comes to call routing and tracking.

Cons

It is very glitchy at times. Sometimes from the softphone app random phone numbers cause the app to crash randomly. No one at Nextiva can explain why.

Hello Andrew, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're happy to hear that Nextiva helped keep your business going through the pandemic.

Nextiva the Good the Bad and the Fugy

The best things about working with Nextiva are 1. Our Sales Rep . 2. Amazing! HD Call quality compared to our old VoIP Service. 3. Versatility of the software. Our Sales Rep worked his ass off for us. And had the patience of a saint with my million and one questions, and reworking the quotes to our needs over & over & over.... Over a years’ worth of questions and reworking the quote to something...

Pros

Ease of use to add and manage users in multiple cities and states remotely. Ease of adding new phones or devises Like VoIP PA Speaker in the Factory. And cordless phones as a secondary phone sharing a single Ext # with a desk phone. The old Cell Phone App. (not the new one) everyone loved this App.

Cons

1. Build Call Flow is a total Fake selling tool used to show potential customers how easy it is to configure your call flows. It’s total BS. If you call customer support to assist you in a new configuration they tell you. O that doesn’t really work anymore, we need to configure it on the back end for you. Don’t try to use it. If it’s nonfunctional don’t try to sell me on how easy it is using it.

Amazing service & platform

The overall experience with Nextiva was excellent. I can highly recommend them as a software service provider. The entire process was streamlined and professional. The staff were very knowledgeable and were able to guide the team here through all the necessary steps, they made smart recommendations that allowed us to avoid future problems, and they even made it enjoyable. We’re now working on the NextOS...

Pros

There are so many pros to Nextiva’s platform. We have been able to increase our business productivity, profitability and our communications processes, all with one new system. Nextiva have created an all in one platform that’s addressed our major communications issues and there have been a number of flow on benefits that we didn’t expect. It was really fast getting set up, our staff were able to learn...

Cons

I was involved throughout the entire process and I can honestly say there are no cons I think can of. Sorry, that’s not exactly helpful but for our business it was just a great fit technology wise.

Making a tough transition easy

In general, the business has been really happy with the Nextiva system, the final costs, timing and functionality all fit what we asked for upfront. As an older business, we know that this is a rare result and we appreciate that Nextiva was able to honor our requirements and make sure the solution was exactly as we needed it. Technology today is extremely more complex than when our business was founded...

Pros

Nextiva have really made a hard transition much easier. Our systems were way out of date and we needed a high level review and rebuild of our existing coms set up. Not a small feat. The system we had been working with had not been updated for about ten years, at least, and the result was a Frankenstein. We had integrated various tools to drag out the lifespan of the existing system. The Nextiva team...

Cons

The only con I can really think of is the lack of ability to integrate with some of our older systems. We had some tools we wanted to keep that we had updated only a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, due to their limitations we were unable to keep them as a part of our set up. It’s unfortunate as they were expensive and supposed to last for a long time. Plus, training and implementing new tools takes...

Full service coms software solutions

Overall the change went quite smoothly. I was very impressed with Nextiva’s customer service from when we first began to talk to them, through to the support team we are using for question now we are using the software. All of the staff we have dealt with were professional, friendly and helpful. I think it’s the level of service that differentiates Nextiva from other service providers with similar...

Pros

When we reached out to Nextiva, we weren’t entirely sure what level of solutions we were after. We knew our phone system needed an upgrade as it was very old and starting to get unreliable, but we weren’t convinced of the benefits of a CRM system instead of the manual customer service work flows we were using. I felt like the team at Nextiva really took the time to understand our business and help...

Cons

Implementation, while reasonably straightforward, was still quite a lot of work for our business and we underestimated how much effort it would be to get our staff to adapt. We had to train them on how to use new phones (all staff), and (for our customer service team) the new CRM system. There was plenty of support from Nextiva, but our customer service staff found it a struggle to balance the training...

Nextiva - a great software partnership

We’ve been Nextiva customers for at least 5 years. It’s been a long road with them and we were one of the early adopters. A lot of what could be classed as “negative” I think in hindsight was due to the rate of growth and common young business realities. However, we stayed with Nextiva due to the service. The staff are trained well and encouraged to support clients to the best of their ability. They...

Pros

The benefits of working with a company like Nextiva are really endless. First of all, they have great solutions for business communications and management tools. They are well crafted to address problems and they’ve been honed over many years and with many clients. The experience this organization has is baked into everything and that means the service is amazing too. They can see a problem and solve...

Cons

This technology is quite demanding on a business. It calls for visionaries and trailblazers to envision how it could benefit, and then they must spearhead the work. Once live, the tools push for efficiencies and the transparent reporting makes it clear if there are people who are not pulling their weight. This can result in lots of organizational change. It’s important to understand how to handle this...

Excellent support and priced effectively

Straight up, I partnered with Nextiva as I was looking for a good offering to bring to my clients who were unhappy with other local providers, most commonly Comcast's "Business Voice Edge" hosted VoIP service. I was introduced to Nextiva and have always been leary of hosted VoIP that doesn't come from the carrier you're getting Internet via. When you're on VoIP with your Internet carrier, there is...

Pros

Support is amazing! Everyone is friendly, helpful, there's no transferring around or long hold times. I have yet to have a bad support experience with Nextiva.

Cons

While it's a common practice in many telecom service offerings, once you make a purchase you are locked in for term. There's no option for turning down services if your company downsizes to save on expenses

Amazing customer service

Really positive. Very happy with how the project was managed and how the tools are working for us now that we’re live. The team has adopted the new platform pretty easily and in the day to day we have a much more efficient and seamless customer experience and communications process. Our team are happy with it and it’s taking away some of the issues we had in the past with multiple systems and systems not integrating. Duplicate efforts have been removed and managers now have a view of all the activities their team are completing making issue resolution and work load management much easier. It’s more transparent in terms of being able to see how each customer service rep is working and if there’s an issue we can see it, address and resolve it quickly.

Pros

So impressed with the way that the Nextiva team handled our launch. They really were with us every step of the way and made sure we had the resources and were able to make it a success. They walk the talk and it shows in the quality and design of the tools, as well as with the people and how they treat their customers. With tech vendors there are a lot of arrogant people that talk down to their clients,...

Cons

None. Nextiva have a reliable and cost-friendly service and they meet our particular communications needs.

Huge sales gains

The team is really happy with the new VoIP service. It’s fast, works for our needs and is cost effective too. We are saving on our previous system costs and we have a far superior system so I couldn’t be happier. I also think it’s worth noting the service from the Nextiva team. Every step of the way the rep and his team were available, knowledgeable and quick to sort any issues. It was a huge relief...

Pros

The VoIP service from Nextiva has helped our sales team so much by enabling them to be better connected to the business, each other and their clients. The app that they use has a number of tools and features that streamline the day to day tasks of a sales person in our organization. From the call forwarding, scheduling side of things through to the voicemail to email features. It’s a big improvement from our old service and I believe it’s saving us money too. Another benefit for our team at head office is the conferencing capabilities. The new conference tool is far and away more stable, the line is clear, the images are crisp, our clients comment on the improvement… there is nothing worse than conference services that fail you mid conversation!

Cons

It took a while to get us set up. We had a complex implementation and needed lots of support from the Nextiva team to get the system configured to meet our needs. It’s always tough when things take longer than expected but overall I think they handled our business well and we have the system we want and need so it was worth taking the time to get it right.

A win-win for staff and customers!

The product offering is really compelling as it’s got the capabilities for enterprise level businesses without the cost and complexity of implementation. The service and support is also excellent and Nextiva are clearly invested in ensuring the success of their customers. Overall we’ve been very impressed with the work to date and the results too. It’s also a huge peace of mind thing for the board of directors as we have had to change a lot of systems over the last 5 years and that was a hugely time and money intensive effort. With Nextiva, it seems we’ve finally got what we need for both todays needs and the future needs we expect in the coming years. I would highly recommend Nextiva to other medium sized businesses who are looking for an all in one coms solution.

Pros

The Nextiva NextOS platform is helping our staff do their jobs better, and in less time. Within our Data team the reporting processes that use to take up 2-3 days of the week are now a couple of hour’s work. On the sales team side of things, the team are converting sales at a higher than average rate. On the customer side, the wait times are down and customer sentiment is improving. This is all in one single system. It’s pretty incredible.

Cons

I don’t know if I’m aware of any downsides of this platform. I guess if you didn’t want to know all the ins and outs of your business, then you wouldn’t want to have the transparency and information that this platform generates. Also, it’s a big job determining how to implement if you’re transitioning off other systems onto this one. You do have to invest in it to ensure you make the most of the capabilities. In our case we believe it to be a solid decision to set us up for the future.

Fully integrated software, easy to learn

Make sure you take the time at the start to ensure that both you and Nextiva are on the same page and understand the requirements. You won’t regret doing the extra work upfront, and it will make your job a lot easier at the other end. Otherwise, it's a great system and we're very happy with how it's performing for us and how the team seems to be adopting it.

Pros

The best part about the Nextiva software suite, is that is really does have a solution for everything, and they all work together. Our staff really appreciate using one system, that has replaced 3-4 old systems that we were using. It’s a lot easier now to onboard someone, and from a management perspective, we get a lot higher quality of data and reporting out of the Nextiva system, compared to our old systems. We found it easy to train our teams and ramp them up, a lot of it is quite user intuitive, and Nextiva obviously have a lot of experience in rolling out to medium size organizations. We followed their guidelines, and our teams were comfortable reasonably quickly.

Cons

Because Nextiva was replacing multiple systems, there was a fair amount of due diligence to be done to ensure there were no gaps in terms of how we use the system, and then again in terms of making sure the customer transition was smooth. We also had to update a lot of our Standard Operating Procedures to ensure everything was documented correctly and that we would be able to easily onboard new staff. In saying that, we found Nextiva really supportive and they offered a lot of helpful advice throughout this process.

NextOS has been a very straightforward system to learn, but has a lot of great features

We have been impressed with the functionality, and even though we have had the software in place for a few months, we are still realizing how powerful it will be for us to get a clear idea of what our customers need so we can adapt accordingly. The reporting functionality has also really changed our business as our high performers are now getting recognized accordingly – we have always said we are a high performance culture, but we have never been able to see who is performing well as clearly as we now. I would definitely recommend NextOS to any business.

Pros

NextOS has meant we are using one system for all of our customer touch points. We are able to track every customer’s interaction with us, and we can now work out how those customer interactions change over time and get a deeper interaction of how they are feeling. Our support team are more productive, and the team leaders are getting a lot of use out of the reporting. Prior to our switch to NextOS,...

Cons

It was a really big change for our staff to get used to; we dealt with this by rolling it out in tranches to different areas of the business, and we had some of our team members trained as ‘super users’ so that they could be on the ground experts for others which worked well.

A lot of features packed in a single platform - unbeatable

We have been very impressed with how much Nextiva thought of when they were creating NextOS, and are looking forward to seeing what other features are rolled out in the future that we may find useful.

Pros

Nextiva have really delivered a total single platform communication system – NextOS is a great product, that delivers on all fronts. We were running multiple systems and everyone needed two monitors and lots of tabs open in order to follow all our processes and capture the same information across multiple systems. We had tried to make it more efficient and streamline as much as possible, but when you...

Cons

It’s a big change for staff when you are implementing a new system that they will be using for 95% of their work day. It replaced a lot of other systems, so the business change was significant.

Our Contact Center is now using Nextiva and it’s going really well

Very happy with how it’s going a few months in. The work in getting our business ready for the change was very worthwhile and our contact center is more efficient than it has been before. The staff are happy with the change, and management are really pleased with the level of reporting that we can get out of it, both in terms of our how our staff are going, but also with regards to our customer experience.

Pros

All aspects of our contact center (phone calls, emails, and customer chats) are managed now on the one system which is really good. Everything is tracked together, and we have been able to eliminate the standalone databases we were maintaining to track everything which has freed up an FTE for us (previously this was a full time job). Our staff find it a lot simpler and as a result their morale has...

Cons

Lots of work went into the transition to ensure we had captured the correct business requirements and training requirements – Nextiva were really supportive throughout this process and I can’t fault their service at all, but it was still extra work that we had to absorb leading up to the transition.

A customer friendly CRM tool that packs a lot of punch!

In general, we needed something that was more sophisticated than our old system and NextOS has really fit the gap we had. The smart features and design make it pleasant to work in and it’s always great when we can keep both our people and our customers happy at the same time. I believe there are also a number of efficiencies gained by having the one system instead of 3-5 different ones that created a disjointed process for us. Saving time is important to us as we only have a small team and lots of customers to look after. Anything that reduces our effort is a godsend in my opinion.

Pros

The NextOS system has changed the way we work with our customers. There has been a big improvement in the way we work with them and there is a noticeable difference. The process from sales all the way through to fulfillment and all of the customer service points in between have been “smoothed” over as we have this new single view of the customer. Anyone that comes into contact with the customer is able to help them and has a clear idea of where they are at in our process and how to move them forward, or resolve whatever their problem is. Our team are loving the new system and it was relatively simple for them to get trained and up and running on it.

Cons

It’s probably too soon to say. We have only been live for a couple of months. At this stage I think the major con would be the cost. It’s not a cheap system.

Outgoing Call Center with Integration to CRM

Outstanding. Friendly, knowledgeable, and evolving. I highly recommend Nextiva to any Call Center looking to switch away from their old phone company or less equipped VOIP provider.

Pros

Nextiva is a dynamic and energetic communications company that captured our attention a few years when we were looking to automate our outbound appointment setting operations. The integration they had in place with our Lead Management System vendor was a big advantage but they also offered everything else we would need and then some. To specify what we like most about the Nextiva software and app is the - well, everything really. The whole platform is pretty impressive and their enterprise support is phenomenal.

Cons

There are a few things the common user might assume to work a certain way but don't because of one nuance or another, but anytime this arose (not often) Nextivas support team would clear up the matter and explain why it didnt do what was expected. Not a glitch but rather a user assumption error.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.