ON24

THE ONLY WEBINAR PLATFORM BUILT WITH MARKETERS IN MIND

ON24 Reviews

Pros

Our ON24 team has provided exceptional support. We've had a great experience and have had great success with our webinar program.

Joanne D.

End users appreciate how easy it is to view webinars and customize the widgets. Excellent customer service and the express monitors are always friendly and helpful.

Our account manager and CSm are very responsive and helpful. The entire corporate team is great, engaging, and helpful.

brenna i.

Cons

Sometimes the slide gets uploaded wrongly / missing slides after uploaded.

Shen Siung W.

Predatory sales tactics, poor customer service and outdated platform.

Creating chapters sometimes points to the wrong timestamp. Uploading slides with animation - not supporting all PowerPoint animations - get's stuck sometimes.

Shimon L.

Amazing and robust webinar platform

Transcript

Melissa: I'm Melissa. I'm the Director of Field Marketing for a software company and I give ON24 a five...

The best and only way to do Simulive Webinars

I have been using on24 for over 3 years. First as a powerpoint designer and now I run it end-to-end. I find the software intuitive​ and after a bit of training easy to use.

Pros

We use On24 in our marketing department to attract new leads for our sales team. We use On24's Simulive feature. This allows us to pre-record our speaker and slides. Then the day of the live webinar the attendees watch the edited video then our speakers are pushed into a live conversation to take questions that have came in. On24 is maybe the only webinar platform that can do this. All others are more of a screenshare system. Simulive gives us the most flexiblity to have a seamless webinar​ without any sound or speaker problems.

Cons

On24 audience console allows us to put up different resources, surveys and links, but it is limited in its customizability​. I'd like to see more console customization when it comes to menu format and colors. Also being able to upload your branded font would be great too.

The Best for What is Out Right Now

This system is one of the better systems out there. It meets all our needs with some limitations. Just be aware that you will need to learn the system yourself and expect little help from the higher ups. They will not give any types of discounts or refunds on the bill but will offer extra "help" packages, which was no help to us as by the end of our event as we knew the system better than some of the help techs. But now that we know the system using the platform for our events is easy and does what we need it to do. They are upgrading the system all the time to make it better which is helpful.

Pros

One of the only platforms out there that has been established since way before the pandemic. When we purchased it was affordable and catered to what we needed in an events platform. One that allowed individual events and served as a conference platform for multiple events. It allowed to have a conference feel without spending a lot on the virtual world looking platforms.

Cons

The onboarding for the system was horrible. There are several areas on this platform and with each section there is a different ON24 person to lead you through the process. We spent half the time explaining our event over and over again to different people for each section. The team would quickly show us the platform and ask if we had questions, however, since it was our first time we did not know the right questions to ask and missed a lot of good information because of it. We ended up learning the platform ourselves through their library of resource help. By the end of our first event, I knew more about the platform and how it worked better than their "expert help" staff team.

trash

Seriously terrible

Pros

simu-live and on-demand options allow us to mitigate the risks involved with live presenting on this platform.

Cons

the "best practices" where presenters need a wired internet connection, clear cookies, restart the computer and have no other apps going--are you kidding me? What year is it? The customer service is poor, not for lack of CSM's trying, but because there is no follow through from the product team, and CSM's often don't have access to the latest information, leaving them set up for failure.

Handled with Kid Gloves

The stability of the platform and the ease of use with ON24's technical assistance has broadened the appeal of webinars throughout our company. More and more subject matter experts want to discuss webinars for their products, services and specific client training opportunities.

Pros

Responsive technical team Continuous improvement to platform Excellent initial and ongoing training Highly customizable screens to promote our brand

Cons

Infrequent technical difficulties with firewalls and unique audience configurations are sometime difficult to overcome during a live webinar which annoy customers

On24 is a game changer

Very positive

Pros

Flexibility, I have the ability to produce live presentations or pre-recorded presentations that are broadcasted as if they are live. My KOL's love this option. Once recorded On24 software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, and the analytics we get post the live broadcast date are incredibly useful. They've allowed our company to have almost a "netflix esq" type of webinar service, where visitors can view any webinar we've done at any time all housed in one central location.

Cons

I have very few negative things to say about On24.

ON24 Review

We are using ON24 primarily for product enablement. We love the product and the team behind it as they are always willing to help us with anything that comes up.

Pros

I love that we can customize the console to have the look and feel we want. I also like that you can use it in many different ways - for training, marketing, making a show out of your sessions etc. You can conduct courses, certifications as well which is very convenient - no need to use additional tools for this purpose.

Cons

Perhaps that it glitches sometimes and it can be nerve-wracking during live sessions.

Good but can do more

We have done an interesting project using this software. In particular by creating webinar registrations with personalizations and special functions in the form.

Pros

I think it has got an interesting console which could be personalized with useful widget for both users and speaker.

Cons

I think the process for the post webinar for example. I would like to have a dedicated section for post webinar in order to have it already ready after webinar and to give possibility to non participant to go just after the webinar inside to look what done.

Lots of Great Features in this Webinar Tool

ON24 is very easy to use- and I know there are more functionalities that I need to explore. I also enjoy their webinars that give you tips on building successful programs.

Pros

I like that ON24 is easy to use. I can setup my webinars quickly and there are also lots of elements I can customize. I like that it is easy to setup polling questions, move slides around and also easy to answer audience q's- either privately or to the whole group. It is also easy to see how many other webinars the participants have viewed and engaged with.

Cons

There are some elements I would like to have more control over the design. The polling questions do look a bit plain. But most of the elements are easy to customize.

ON24 is a valuable partner

The account managers have been good with following up on our tickets and providing calls to inform and educate users about the best ways to use ON24.

Pros

ON24 delivers a consistent webinar service for our marketing department. We do several webinars a quarter and see ON24 as being a partner in making them a success. We use a variety of widgets and love that ON24 rolls out new ones consistently to make the webinar experience better for the attendees and users.

Cons

Occasionally our phones delay behind the presentation, but support has been notified and there's nothing they can do on their end to improve it. We adjust when this happens.

ON24 is not ON point

OK, not amazing but you get what you pay for.

Pros

Customizable, easy to duplicate events, tracking is great and recording link also available shortly afterwards.

Cons

Does not allow the presenter to break out the participants in small groups for discussion. This tool is really meant to be unidirectional; me presenting with very little interaction with the audience. I would hope something better link Adobe Connect which is better tailored for virtual classes.

"Changing the way we train"

The problem we had was reach. We could bring in all the best instructors in the world, but we could only impact the few we could cram into our training facility. Live interaction is very important to us, so that is what kept us from just recording them and posting them online. The community interaction is a must. Because of this, we knew we needed to utilize live video with interaction capabilities, but at the same time keep it simple enough that anyone could participate. How could we make them feel like they were in the room with us? The biggest benefit we have seen is how quickly the HVAC industry has recognized us as a training leader. Most of the major manufacturers are now looking to us to help them educate their clients

Pros

The reason we went with On24 was for the broadcasting feature, and how easy it was to set up an event. We host between 25 and 35 live trainings a year, but up to a few years ago they were only for those would could travel to our facility. Our goal was to open the experience to a much larger audience through video, and On24 was the best solution. One of my biggest requirements when choosing a platform was the ease of use for our attendees. Between making it very easy to sign in, and how customizable the user dashboard is, I was able to ensure the best user experience for my audience, most of whom don't use a computer much. We are now in our second year with the platform and it continues to get better. The On24 team has been very responsive when we had any concern.

Cons

Our two biggest issues with the system have been: Freezing and buffering problems with our audience. When we first starting using their platform, On24 was flash based. They have made strides to move to HTML 5 and adaptive bit rates, but we still get complaints of the video freezing. Most of the time, a browser refresh fixes it. I have a feeling that most of the other problems stem from someone watching...

On24 is the best webinar tool if you are looking to cater todays user: mobile friendly and on-demand

great product, good service, friendly staff, bit pricey and definately not for all businesses due to that.

Pros

We use On24 daily and it helps us reach mobile users otherwise left out (due to bulky plug-ins) and it´s on-demand module really helped us build a whole new service. Additionally the real-time Reporting is great and provides valuable information. The integrations can be improved but overall it´s a great tool if you want a reliable software for today´s user-demands.

Cons

integrations are bit difficult, paid add-ons (e.g. lead-notification for one should really be a standard feature and send it by email if someone registers).

Webinar Project Manager

I am a webinar team of "ONE" in my media group, so it is crucial that I have a platform and vendor I can trust. We excelled in all KPIs for our webinar business last year, and having a great platform allowed me to achieve that.

Pros

Easy to learn, user friendly, and reliable. Other than a few quarks when doing a pre-record in for simulive events. Having a reliable and consistent platform is key for me. I know if I set it up to the specs ON24 provides, I'll get a quality product each time.

Cons

Few quirks that can't seem to be fixed. i.e. I can's pull raw lead reports in chrome, but I can in firefox. But, i find chrome is better for functionality while in presentation manager. So, basically this means I am constantly going between both browsers when creating, producing and reporting. I produced a number of "simu-live" programs last year and I understand that the recording is done...

Great Software for Webinars

Fantastic! I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone! We have never had any glitch on a live webinar - which we had using other products. The software is simple and easy to use and gets the job done well!

Pros

Ease of use! I have NEVER used a software so simple and intuitive! It's always been easy to set up, and when On24 rolls out new features, they hold webinars that instruct those on how to use it. Those webinars are helpful, but even if you can't attend - the updates are pretty simple to navigate!

Cons

Chat - those on chat ALWAYS need an Event ID# even if you're simply asking a hypothetical question. I always get an answer, just takes some unnecessary exchanges at the beginning to get there.

Good but can be inconsistent

I mostly really like it. The emergency support line has been very helpful when needed. The chat help line a little less so. I think it's good that more firms are using On24. It provides an additional level of comfort for attendees. It has a lot of capabilities.

Pros

I really like that the registration link automatically becomes the On Demand link so I never have to worry about links expiring. I think it has a lot of bells and whistles that if you're able to leverage them are a big benefit.

Cons

The reliance on flash and cookies. I often have issues with an attendees or presenters slide player not working and we regularly have to tell people to refresh and enable flash. In a highly regulated industry where security settings on our attendees computers is high - this is often problematic. I also think it would be beneficial to have a dial in option for attendees as a standard part of the platform rather than an add on. This is pretty standard for other platforms. I also wish there was an easy way from the presenter platform to be able to see the attendee console too so you can see what they see.

On24 Review

We have one person in our organization who manages all webinars through that the organization runs. It was very difficult to get his time as we had plans to run more frequent webinars. We didn't have access to reports or even registered and attended list. we had to get that from him. Once we moved onto ON24, there is two of us in my team who manage all of our webinars and training ourselves. We were able to run over 50 webinars in one year and thats only part of our overall job. Many of the built in automation like On-Demand library, email notifications, ability to copy previous consoles, and use previous instructors BIO and photo saves us time an effort

Pros

The ease of setting and conducting up webinars. The detailed reporting lead generation capability. Love the widgets and the ability to customize the console. We use Ideas and group chat a lot within our training webinars to keep the audience engaged.

Cons

When we have a webinar series, we can link them so individuals can register for all sessions by choosing on all sessions in the list. They are not notified, in case they miss one or are not able to automatically register for all. At times, an individual will me mistake use a wrong email address and we need to go to each session to remove him, instead of being able to do that for all sessions.

It does the job, but not without its problems.

It does the job, I've been able to adjust, and with typical webcasts it can be totally fine. But with anything beyond slides (and even those have problems sometimes), it can be a headache to use.

Pros

I can schedule a lot of webcasts, they can hold up to 2500 people before it would potentially become an issue (according to our account), they do contain the functions that we'd want (resources, group chat, Q&A, polling, customizable design). It was pretty easy to learn on my own and teach to others.

Cons

Lots of cons for me, it's very buggy. Sometimes if you open multiple webcasts on the backend, the titles at the top glitch and say that they're a different webcast than the one you're actually editing. You can't do embedded videos and can only do 16:9 aspect ratio. When you upload videos and launch them to the audience during a webcast, you can't pause them. If your slide deck had slide timings built...

On24 Review

The OnDemand feature has been extremely beneficial to us. During the busy times of the year, we could be hosting one or more session each day. OnDemand keeps it fresh, and Similive has come in handy as well.

Pros

We started using On24 this year and the support getting started was tremendous and extremely helpful. The online tutorials come in handy as we have extended our use of the On24 webinars. The reporting is a true benefit to us and used in multiple ways before and after events.

Cons

We wish there was an option to set up and event where we could allow the agents to use a microphone. We also wish the Group Chat was more useful. Since attendees don't see the other people in the room with them, group chat has come in handy to add validity to the event, however when trying to read messages in chat, it becomes troublesome. We also wish our presentation would allow animation.

Great software, lots of features, great support

Pros

I like the customization features of the console and that you can continue the customer journey by pointing them to additional resources.

Cons

There a few nitpicky things. The bigger issue is that I don't feel confident that requests for new features or adjustments to existing functionality are heard and taken any higher in the company (things like letting the media player remain fixed in location, rather than popping up whenever something is pushed to it). Also, their PowerPoint slide converter often makes slides fuzzy if there is too much text/detail. Granted, that last complaint is probably for the better, as detail-heavy slides aren't really a best practice.

Great Webinar Platform

Overall, we have a great experience with ON24. It's an easy and user friendly system. The reporting is very robust and helps us to really evaluate attendance and what marketing initiatives work well and which ones don't. We have found the capabilities to be satisfactory and we've been able to execute each webinar the way we've planned. The system is reliable and have experienced very few technical glitches. I would highly recommend (and do) this system to others.

Pros

The ON24 platform is very user friendly. The set-up of a webinar, collection of registration to the execution on the day of the webinar is great and so easy. The system is very reliable and we've experienced very few hick-ups along the way from a technological standpoint and the quality of the call on the live webinar is also reliable. The reporting capabilities are robust and above average in comparison to other suppliers.

Cons

While ON24 is a great webinar platform, the cost is higher than average which makes it an expensive platform to use. Also, the tech people that join the webinars for an added $500 or more fee, aren't always the best and have language barriers and aren't that proactive. It's apparent this has been outsourced overseas. However, ON24 has worked with us and enabled us request specific technicians which has been helpful.

Recommend On24

They take a lot of care in helping with the strategic side of launching this channel/an effective webinar programme and it makes a huge difference.

Pros

Data capture and insights into how customers are engaging is miles ahead of other webinar software. There are so many touch point options. More customisable than other webinar platforms, you can make it look and feel like your brand and curate the right experience.

Cons

We have had some problems with integrating it into our CRM (but we have a highly customised CRM, might be fine with off-the-shelf CRMs)

Overall meets our needs, but we're always finding small details that could use improvement

Pros

Overall it has a lot of great features for interaction, some of which I haven't yet used. I did find that there are some ON24 certifications available, and I'm looking forward to learning more on there. I do like that we can customize emails in many ways, and there are a lot of options for what sort of materials can be included in each webcast we run.

Cons

The reporting options are extremely disparate. If I want to download information on who attended, for how long, and what their survey responses were, I have to enter three completely different reporting windows and download all of those reports separately. It'd be great if there was a better function for pulling reports on more of a checkbox list of everything I want to pull at once. It'd be nice to have more control over what "Producer" can see versus what "Presenter" can see, such as hiding the attendee list from presenters who are outside of my organization, for GDPR reasons. Also, the "add to calendar" feature isn't exactly as customizable as I would like it to be, both in that specific module and how it appears in emails.

ON24 Review - Arrow

Great experience. Love working with the ON24 team. They are very responsive when we are having issues but my only complaint is there are too many people to remember to contact for different issues our account may have. I feel like there's too many people that handle the Arrow account.

Pros

There are many features of the software and this makes it easy to customize each webinar. Functionality is great and ease of use by the users and attendees of the webinars. Love being able to customize the look and feel of your webinars and all the elements you can add.

Cons

We have had many issues with Screen Share and with attendees being about the hear or view the Live Presentations. Many times we can correct the issues that the attendees are having and most of the time it is a browser issue but there have been times that we have gotten complaints.

A Webinar Platform Above the Rest

We have really enjoyed used ON24 over the past few years. They also have great customer service and account service. They are willing to listen to your feedback and help with any issues you run into. Our webinars registrations and attendance has increase considerably by using this new platform.

Pros

We do over 250+ webinars a year and ON24 allows us to scale our webinar program while still making every webinar fun and interactive. They have multiple webinar types (On-Demand, SimuLive, Live) which makes planning for a large number of webinars much easier. We can use the SimuLive feature to still host webinars when we don't have any presenters available. They also have lots of "widgets" that you can add to the audiences view of the webinar that allows them to customize and click on different items during the webinars.

Cons

There is not to much that we don't like about the software. Reporting could be better and have an aggregate reporting pulling feature.

The daddy of webinar software

We have used the On24 system for couple of years now and whilst it has met all of our needs with regards functionality and the ability to customise the system to our hearts content it hasn’t been with its drawbacks. On24 expect you to be a webinar streaming expert and as such we had little to no help with regards recommendations on what was the best equipment to stream our webinars with or recommend software for use compressing videos to their required file sizes. A lot of the time you had to find the info yourself on their clunky help pages (if it exists, which a lot of what I wanted didn’t). Whilst there is a lot f support from customer success managers and the like I still think a better onboarding process with regards initial setup for the total webinar noobies would be better.

Pros

Analytics, speed of setup, ability to fully customise and brand fully, engagement hub, plenty of widgets to keep customers engaged.

Cons

Speed navigating some of the setup menus, delay to live stream 30 secs. Lack of help with initial equipment recommendations and setup. Clunky help systems force a lot of reading no real on boarding process.