Webex Logo

Webex

One app for everything. And everyone.

Webex Reviews

4.4

6.9K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.05/10

Reviews by rating

Very good, easy to share content, presentation, be able to view participants. Very stable platform, video quality.
Webex has an easy interface and is good with some integrations like outlook. Webex has a good mobile app.
Overall I think the Webex is a good and I do recommend it as a good video chat software I will definitely be using this soft ware on my laptop.
Everytime you scroll through the people in the room, all the camera screens have to reload. Half the people in our room have audio problems and it's very ugly to the eye.
Webex's design is atrocious, and its legacy features live behind separate interfaces—which are somehow even worse than the design of the main UX—that make them incredibly confusing to use.
We have had trouble with the video when everyone first started working from home and opted for audio-only. I have also experience the inability to recorded meetings.

6,932 reviews

Diane Wendy H.

Founder & CEO

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Webex Review: Digital signage queen reviews Webex

Transcript

Diane: Hi, I'm Diane. I'm the founder of PreQualified Mates, and I give Webex a four out of five. I have...

Michael N.

QA Manager

Military, 51-200 employees

Remote Audit

Transcript

Mike N.: Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a quality manager in the military industry, and I give Cisco WebEx four out...

Vadiraja T.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

One of the best, could be better

So far, the experience with the application is really good compared to other ones which I have used. So thanking the team for this and hope they still update it better than what it is today so it can reach the level which we expect from it in upcoming years.

Pros

> The primary option which I liked really in this software is connectivity from other sources like mobile phone or other for audio connections which helped me a lot whenever I was stuck in the less internet connection speed. > Webex is so far the best one I have ever seen where the speed and ease of use is on the stake here. The ease of use as I mentioned really applies to this since as soon as the connection has been done, the options to join the meeting and the security it applies to the meeting is the one I like the most. > Other than that, the speed as mentioned before, even in the low internet speeds, the lack of any lag makes this application the most I used ever.

Cons

There is really less things which I don't like about this software which is desktop application readiness. Whenever I always connect through the desktop application, sometimes it takes a lot of time to join the meeting which would result in some of the escalations which you can get in your professional life. I hope this would be made better in the upcoming versions.

Victoria L.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

High quality audio and video.

In our company we had shortcomings with the previous software and decided to switch to Webex, it was a good decision as it has a more professional and clean interface.It provides high quality audio and video, which makes meetings more fluid.It provides end-to-end encryption, which is very important for our projects and sensitive data.Provides cloud access to recorded meetings. Allows you to customize meetings by requiring a password to enter and waiting rooms.

Pros

I like the features it offers us to collaborate with our work teams, whiteboard, chat and file sharing.We have had very smooth meetings with screen sharing and it works very well for presenting projects and their progress.In a recent meeting we were able to discuss and identify some issues and make decisions with remote workers without interruption or latency.

Cons

It uses a lot of resources and can be a bit unstable at times. We have not found any other problems with this tool.

Steve B.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

How the mighty have fallen

WebEx used to be great software. Now it is mediocre software that is overpriced and underfeatured. Asking a question on a Cisco forum about WebEx has the moderator close your question and redirect you to a WebEx site. WebEx is past its prime, and it shows in the lack of revolutionary or even maintenance features in the WebEx client. Nearly any other choice will be cheaper and offer a better experience to users.

Pros

WebEx was the default leader in virtual meetings. Subsequent to its acquisition by Cisco, things got markedly better. The tool had broad integration with scheduling tools like Outlook, and the (relatively) recent addition of the ability to attend a meeting using only a browser is an added bonus for people who lack administrative rights on their PCs.

Cons

With stiff competition from Microsoft's Skype for Business, the venerable GoToMeeting, and newer arrivals like Slack and Zoom, WebEx is now a choice amongst many. When WebEx works, it does so decently at best. It suffers from bandwidth issues, even with only two participants in the same building. Furthermore, if a large enterprise buys an account, they are given "dedicated" support. When the client...

RB

ROB B.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

From radio silent to active listening

Exceptional useability that provides proof to the skeptical with every contact. Our adoption rate across operations is nearly 90% and complaints about the product just don't exist.

Pros

Webex gave us the ability to incorporate a real-time viewing element when diagnosing customer issues that also layered in the simultaneous ability to consult technical SMEs and avoid escalations as well as resolve issues and questions faster. This improved the customer experience for us and customer satisfaction rose.

Cons

It is a good product with few if any drawbacks.

Aimee S.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

No intuitive interface, features hard to find

I am an experienced user of video meeting platforms. I operator school, and we do all of our courses online and we had been using Zoom for years before we decided to switch. I experienced a lot of frustration the first time that I used WebEx. A lot of features that I was used to having on the other platform that I use was not available in WebEx. It feels like an old interface that they’re using and there’s definitely a significant learning curve to get started.

Pros

The video quality of webex was excellent. It has a crystal clear display of all meeting participants.

Cons

I didn’t find it easy to use. Every other video meeting software I’ve used has been super simple. WebEx feels like an old interface and a lot of the features are hidden or not available.

sm

shaik mohd h.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

as a user and a tester

it was good but there are some bugs which need to be solved as i tested the application

Pros

the features of the application i like the most

Cons

the design of the buttons and the options are't looks good when compaire to others

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees

Best meetings solution available in the market

One of the most seamless experiences I've ever got using video conferencing applications.

Pros

By far, Webex has been the best performing Meetings solution available in the market. Everything from the multiple amount of distinguishing features like whiteboarding,file sharing to the best in standard security features and highly stable performance is what I like.

Cons

The interfaces can be overwhelming due to many amount of features for new users. But with time, the complexity of the interface allows power users to use the multiple features easily. So not really a con for me now.

KM

Kimberly M.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Does what it needs to do, but is not the go-to software

Pros

I like the interface of Webex - some of our courts use it and it is easy to click through to the proper screen.

Cons

It did not always connect properly and left us waiting for other users to get on. They had to switch to web-based applications rather than the app to get in.

SG

Sam G.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Webex honest review

Webex is a wonderful program that I use it allows you to share you screen and PAUSE your screen during your presentation. This is a wonderful feature that competitors do not have. And that is why I always use it when I need too

Pros

Being able to use it whenever I need too

Cons

Sometime it can lag but overall it is a solid tool to use

JR

Jesus R.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Experience about conferences and meetings

Pros

Its service is very strong. Good Quality transmissions and meetings can be managed quickly and easily.

Cons

Make a more interactive platform or offer more functions to use on meetings, like other programs.

IS

Igor S.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Essential application for videoconferencing

As I have a small business, I don't have much to complain about. The maximum number of participants in a meeting was 10 people, however, when the room is full, I feel that the file sharing speed differs for some, even though we are all using the same connection, with a speed of 200mbps. In general, it is a very useful application for anyone who wants a meeting with team members. We use it on both Windows and Androis and are happy with the result.

Pros

Despite having many features, which can somewhat hinder those who are experiencing it for the first time, the application offers a simple way for a videoconference. The application already automatically generates a password link for all participants. Plans: Free, Beginner, Plus and Business, each with dirty features. Free: Up to 100 participants and meetings of up to 50 minutes in length, with an unlimited...

Cons

A wide variety of meeting setup options can be confusing for novice users. Strong competition from Miscrosoft's Skype for Business. In some meetings, the video hangs for a few seconds, while participants are still talking, even with a dedicated 200mbps internet. When you are a beginner, using the app for the first time, you can get lost among so many features. The start-up tutorial should be more complete and less cluttered with information. When sharing many screens, there is a slight lag in the transmission, which can cause the participants to lose focus. The audio quality drops considerably when using the notebook or PC speakers. When meetings are recorded, the deadline for making them available is too long (sometimes you have to wait 24 hours before the recording is available.).

AD

Aki D.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Cisco WebEx Meeting Huge Improvement

Eight months ago, I would not recommend WebEx Meeting. But now, November 2020, WebEx Meeting is definitely a different one, and is already at par, if not exceeded Zoom as the standard for virtual meetings.

Pros

The Pros: As Zoom has been the standard of virtual meeting since pandemic, WebEx meeting has quickly improved from their lackluster features 8 months ago, to almost Zoom. Our company has been using WebEx as standard virtual conference platform. It used to be very buggy and laggy and having audio and video performance issues. Now, it's one click audio and video integrated in internet. No need to dial...

Cons

Although WebEx Meetings has improved a lot, there are still a few features not working properly. 1. Virtual Background in video eats a lot of computer memory and sometimes causing laptop to freeze. 2. The breakout rooms do not have advance assignments yet, so imagine you have 500 attendees and you have to break them up manually.

SM

Satya M.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Cisco Webex Review

The overall experience is awesome. It has a lot of features that can be useful for Meeting, Collaborations, Scheduling future interviews etc. Nice Audio and Video Quality. Screen sharing and Nice virtual Background Options. During this Covid situation Webex is the tool that saved us and we could deliver work deliverables properly and timely manner.

Pros

Cisco Webex meeting is the awesome tool for meetings, collaborations, creating appointments for any event. Nice Screen sharing options. The best part is Recording meeting which can be stored and referred later. Nice Chatting options also. You can choose whom to talk or you can chat to the whole team. Nice Video and Sound Quality. Easily Integrated with Microsoft outlook that's why we can create meeting from outlook easily including WebEx link. We can have our personal room where you can collaborate with the team. It can be accessed outside the VPN network. Easily can download on Mobile without any need of Company network. Nice notification settings which will be pretty nice and from the notifications you can join meeting. We can connect to a phone also to have a call between team members.

Cons

The Tool is pretty heavy which takes a lot of memory on the system since it includes a lot of stuff on its own. Can't avoid surrounding noise. We need to install some other plugins to avoid that.

Felipe R.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

The professional choice for collaboration

Excellent experience. During the pandemic, there were very specific moments of deterioration of the service as a result of the explosion in the use of this type of tools (it multiplied x10). It is something that affected all online video conferencing and collaboration tools globally. Including Zoom and Microsoft. However, Webex knew better to measure up

Pros

I've been using Webex for over a decade. Being a Cisco product gives me the guarantees of being robust, secure and continuously updated. In the last year, many new Artificial Intelligence functions and other interesting features (p.e. simultaneous translation) have been integrated. In addition, it complements very well with the rest of the Cisco portfolio for videoconferencing, voice, contact center, etc.

Cons

Little to complain about Webex. Perhaps that is more expensive than other similar options. But it is a product oriented to professional use that is worth what it costs. Security is very important, and that pays for.

Kelly M B.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

It's simple to use and facilitates teamwork

Using Webex, video conferencing is a simple and straightforward process. I've used Webex to participate in interviews and instructional webinars, among other things. Installation and use across many devices is really simple and functional.

Pros

Its user role administration is simple to use, and its functions are not complicated, but rather straightforward. When preparing a presentation, I really appreciate the annotate feature. Additionally, the program offers real-time translation as well as subtitling capabilities. I appreciate that the program is simple to set up and that it is simple to communicate with colleagues all around the world.

Cons

When used on mobile devices, it does not function correctly. When I have computer troubles (not software problems), I attempt to utilize Webex on my cell phone, but it doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, I am unable to function correctly.

CB

Claire B.

Online Media, 51-200 employees

Excellent Webex Experience

Overall, Webex is a great choice for businesses looking for a reliable video conferencing platform. The audio and video quality are excellent, the features are comprehensive, and the interface is easy-to-use. The only downside is the cost, which can be prohibitive for some businesses.

Pros

Webex is an easy-to-use and reliable platform for video conferencing, with a wide range of features that make it a great choice for businesses. The interface is intuitive and the video and audio quality are excellent, making it an ideal choice for remote meetings.

Cons

The only downside is the cost, which can be quite expensive for larger organizations. Additionally, the setup can be time consuming and sometimes difficult for those who are not tech-savvy.

MM

Malith Madhawa I.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Best for Virtual Meetings

First of all, I use the Cisco Webex for all professional meetings with my clients. It is convenient for me as most of my clients do use the software regularly. Additionally, it has saved my valuable time by slashing all unnecessary traveling time to clients' offices and subsequent waiting times. Secondly, it provides me the complete cybersecurity and end to end protection for my discussions. Cisco...

Pros

Well, Cisco Webex Meetings offers the highest quality of audio and video outputs that anyone could expect from such a provider. It is fascinating and perfect for your crucial virtual meetings. The video quality is superb (may depend on your internet speed, device, and browser) and it has no disruptions nor freezings which waste your time as well as resources. The quality of the audio is also at the...

Cons

So far I have not come across any drawbacks in this software as it perfectly, identified all customer requirements and provided them at their best quality.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Webex Review

Pros

Powerful Security: This is perhaps the main advantages of Webex. Cisco is the biggest endeavor network safety organization on the planet, so you can trust it to guarantee your protection and information security inside a Webex call. Webex encodes every one of your information regardless of which plan you purchase. Organizations whose information security is absolutely critical can find supreme harmony...

Cons

Incidental Call Quality and Association Issues: Call quality is by and large great, and the encompassing commotion decrease highlight is superior to different apparatuses we've attempted. Yet, in light of the fact that Webex is so broadly utilized, there's consistently the danger of blackouts. We've encountered a couple throughout testing various items, and sporadically Webex sets aside some effort...

Arpan S.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Effortless File and Screen Sharing: Streamline Collaboration with Webex

I like Webex because of its wide range of features and ease of use. It allows for easy collaboration between colleagues, even across different countries. With the ability to set up a meeting in minutes, it eliminates the need for long setup times before meetings. The interface is also incredibly user friendly and intuitive which makes it easy to learn how to use quickly. Additionally, I really appreciate...

Pros

1.Easy and convenient file sharing.2.Seamless screen sharing during meetings.3.Remote access and control capabilities.4.High-quality video conferencing.5.Reliable and stable platform performance.6.User-friendly interface and intuitive controls.7.Interactive collaboration tools & Robust security features.8.Integration with other productivity tools and applications.9.Excellent customer support and technical assistance.

Cons

Webex's seamless experience and robust features have significantly improved my ability to collaborate, communicate, and engage with others, making it an invaluable tool in my professional endeavors.

Ravinder B.

Legal Services, 501-1,000 employees

Cisco Webex - one of the best tool to conduct online virtual meeting with great security

Being a legal service company and as per the company’s legal compliance, we have chosen the Cisco WebEx. In terms of legal compliance, the security of Cisco WebEx is quite good. We generally use it to conduct an online meetings with vendors and clients.

Pros

Cisco WebEx is the one-stop solution for online virtual meetings. Cisco Webex features include document, application and desktop sharing, Integrated audio and VOIP for toll-free calling, and Video Conferencing. Online meetings can be recording, editing, and played back later for retrieve useful information. The best feature I like is audio to text transcripts that WebEx creates for each meeting. So,...

Cons

The mobile app seems to have functionalities as compared to the desktop app. The issue with audio and video over slower networks can be improved. Integration with third-party software can be improved. It usually takes time if you drop off in an ongoing meeting and then tries to rejoin again.

Noureen P.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Revolutionizing Virtual Meetings with Webex.

Webex is generally considered a reliable and feature-rich video conferencing tool. Its high-quality video and audio, ease of use, security features, and integration capabilities make it a popular choice for remote teams and virtual meetings.

Pros

Webex is a powerful and reliable video conferencing tool that offers a wide range of features to make remote collaboration and communication easy and efficient. One of the key advantages of using Webex is the high-quality video and audio, which ensures that all participants can hear and see each other clearly, even in large group meetings. Additionally, Webex offers a variety of features such as screen...

Cons

Limited Free Plan: The free version of Webex has some limitations, including a maximum meeting duration of 50 minutes.Heavy Resource Usage: Webex can use a lot of system resources, which may cause slower performance or freezing on older computers.Limited Customization: The customization options in Webex are limited, which may be a concern for businesses that want to brand their meetings.

MN

Mateusz N.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Seamless conferencing experience

Webex is the kind of software that does well what it is supposed to do. Once installed it just works and helps you to be productive. It doesn't take up a lot of memory or space, it almost never crashes, it keeps meetings going even with a poor connection, it gives you the ability to handle a very large number of participants, screen sharing is fast and efficient, it has very good audio and a lot of additional capabilities like participant grouping, which is useful for projects for larger audiences. Using Webex compared to competitors, I don't have to worry about whether the software will work and whether it will jam, and this is one of the most important advantages.

Pros

Smooth audio and video. Speed of organizing meetings. Very few crashes. Works well both on a computer and on a smartphone.

Cons

I can't think of anything crucial to improve. Overall experience is really good and it does what is supposed to do.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Cisco Webex - Better before

All in all, It is a great program and provides great convenience to all of us. I have also used some similar programs and I can easily say webex is the best at this point in time. However, I believe it is worth to work on the cons I mentioned above to make it even better, maybe perfect. I would like to thank to Cisco Webex for making business life easier for us.

Pros

It is one of the most helpful program in my business life. It makes the discussion easier. You can quickly set-up a meeting for anytime in the future. If you need to have a meeting immediately, one-click webex is the quickest way. During the meeting, you can annotate onto screen even if it is not your screen. It helps to have a better discussion. It is even possible to dictate another attandee's computer. I could not believe when I realized it. It is also possible to get the detail of the meeting including attandee list and you can even record your meeting.

Cons

There are two cons that I feel while using webex. First one is a new issue. After last update of webex, I do not think it is user-friendly enough anymore. I am having issues to control the meeting. It was better with old revision. I have no idea what is the driver of having this update but it obviously need another update. Last and most important one is the delay of the action for me. When I am controlling someone's screen or annotating on it, what I have done appears others computer late. Frankly, I do not know it is due to an issue with webex or internet connection but it sometimes makes communication harder.

Amy S.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Works well for large meeting during covid

Great being able to see our clients since we can't be face to face with them right now.

Pros

I really like that you can host large seminars and invite a couple hundred people or you can have a 1 on 1 meeting with a client and it's safe and secure. I also like that the people you invite do not have to create a user ID and PW. Also really love that you can screen share so I can show a client their portfolio and performance. Also great feature is if you are hosting a seminar, you can mute everyone as the host to limit background noise for other people trying to listen.

Cons

The things most frustrating with this software was the customer service. We had trouble at the onset with it and their customer service desk is overseas and hard to get through. It was the start of covid19 (Mar-April 2020)when we were all working from home and hold times were no less than an hour to get through. My call kept dropping and I had to call and get in queue again. Once I was through, the representative was helpful and able to resolve my issue. Not sure what current hold times look like.

Sam J O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Webex always prove to be the unbeaten unified communication tool.

I use Webex consistently in our organization as a communication platform to help have a smooth-running communication experience both internally and externally. It helps maintain top levels of privacy and security during communication. It offers us an easy to use communication platform for everyone.

Pros

Webex provides the most secure and private platform for communication. With high levels of privacy and security, it allows one to have even the most private and sensitive conversations and share top secret information with confidence. It has very easy to use communication functions that make it effortless for everyone to access and make use of them. To ensure the best communication experience that...

Cons

The only issue i have experienced while using Webex was that the video and audio quality are highly dependent on the quality and stability of your internet connection. Meaning that, when the connection is poor, the audio starts to break and video gets blurry.