All categories

IFTTT Reviews

Pros

My experience with IFTTT was very positive and I think it's a super clever idea that was also well-executed.

Kristina C.

I love how practical the IFTTT application is. They make it very easy to figure out how the tool can help you, and then the configuration process is quite simple as well.

Cons

Maybe I just not getting it but I struggle figuring it out. I also have noticed that the IFTTTs that I've created sometimes work and sometimes don't.

I haven't used the app enough to say too much in terms of negative feedback.

Louise A.

IFTTT is key to my Social Media strategy

Transcript

Sean C.: Hi, I'm Sean. I'm a real estate agent and I've been using IFTTT for a long time now. And I would...

If this isn't Black Magic Then That's IFTTT

IFTTT is a valuable tool for my personal and working life, the tool has proved to be a great asset to automate repetitive tasks. IFTTT has saved precious hours throughout the week and has improved how I work and how I use my free time as well.

Pros

When I discovered IFTTT a few years back my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe my eyes. IFTTT is perfect for productivity and optimization geeks that want to do their most out of their time and also for those who have fun letting the Internet of Things unleash in their lives. IFTTT can't really be compared to other automation services like Zapier, is not intended for an enterprise-like operations runner...

Cons

I found that some of the triggers sometimes don't run and you can't see why in detail, it could be awesome to have a log to see what went wrong, when and why. Also, it would be great to be able to deploy many tasks from one single trigger without having to create another applet for that (something that can lead to duplication, closed loops, etc). Sometimes the description of the applets is too short,...

The best value-for-money automation platform

It is an awesome tool that has saved us enormous amount of time and has allowed us to automate huge part of our day-to-day tasks

Pros

With IFTTT "recipes" we were able to automate nearly 50% of our daily processes. From simultaneous posting to archiving (moving files in google drive) to logging (keep track of every change at a google spreadsheet) we were able to automate every repetitive task in our organization.

Cons

Sometimes the service stops working (ie when you change your password to any connected platform you need to re-autorize IFTTT) and it might take a while before you realise it.

Great automation software easy to use

It has been great for making good automations with alexa and calendars in no time

Pros

I like that you can set up the steps needed for an automation even on your phone in less than a minute and get it working immediately

Cons

I would like to have more integrations for business software. It works great with commercial stuff like google, alexa, mail, etc. But on a larger business term like integrations of CRM, Mailchimp and Slack it falls short.

Idea is great, UX is great - if only know it would work regularly

Pros

The simplicity of it. When applied well, automation can make your life radically more efficient - both in a professional and personal context. IFTTT presents these possibilities to users in a simple and easy to understand way. You can select existing automation flows by just selecting tiles and flipping a switch.

Cons

I've set up multiple automation flows with IFTTT over the last few years but none of them have run more than a couple of weeks, for the simple reason that they didn't work or didn't work consistently. The idea of automation is that things you need to happen, happen automatically... every time. If that is not the case, you can't count on it and the whole idea kind of comes crumbling down. It's only as valuable as its reliability and that is just not good enough with IFTTT.

Simply the best home automation toolset

setting up home/office integrations that remove interruptions from the working day.

Pros

A wider range of connectors than anywhere else, and the simplest way to create most triggered actions. IFTTT pro now allows multi-step actions which would address most of the issues I had earlier.

Cons

being able to link to multiple accounts for triggers and actions would give me everything I really need from this now.

Easy to use Social Media Management

I love this service and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to schedule posts for their social media marketing.

Pros

I love how easy this is to setup and get started. There is a free version and a premium version. Both options have much to offer. The customer support is amazing and the website also offers tutorials on how best to use the service to maximize your scheduling.

Cons

I love the software but the only thing I dislike is the time zone difference. The creator and the program is set up in a different time zone, so you have to adjust your posts to schedule in the time zone that best works for you.

The Essential Smart Home Tool

Overall IFTTT is an essential part of anyone's smart home. Our current devices are very limited to what actions they can execute, but with IFTTT your entire smart home comes together with more unison. It makes the smart home experience flow more smoothly and you have access to hundreds of more features and triggers than if your smart home devices just worked independently of each other.

Pros

IFTTT is a necessary part of any smart home. This software gives you the ability to connect the services you use in your home like Eufy, Nest, Phillips, Smart Life, Google Assistant etc. You are able to easily create triggers that make other things happen. So if you say "I am home" you could trigger the lights, AC, and turn on the TV all with just one simple phrase. I love how easily it streamlines your smart home experience. One of the best features is just how many products it supports, there are hundreds of services that you can link to IFTTT so it is likely that the devices you use will be featured there.

Cons

I do wish that when a command could not properly be executed it notifies me either on my Google Assistant or on my phone. I also have had issues with some services not providing all of their features as triggers or actions, which can make actions more difficult to create.

Settings Apps Leave Out

Overall IFTTT has been a pleasure to use with ease and has provided ma with many useful applets. The best thing is they provide updates every so often loaded with new applets.

Pros

Using IFTTT will bring a new outlook to the apps you use each and everyday. Ever wished that two apps were compatible and linked to each other well guess what wishes come true. IFTTT is packed full of applets that connect different services and connections together but you can also make your own custom applets. The process is pretty easy to understand and use even for the average tech user. The biggest plus is that its safe to use unlike many of the services offered nowdays.

Cons

The only con I have experienced in my use of IFTTT is that I will connect my services, connections, or devices then select my applet and options. Well somtimes during the running of the applet it will just close for no reason, no error nothing. I have researched for an answer but so far have not had any luck finding a solution.

Great for the basics

I love it. I am a huge fan of backing up things. I am also on the go and the links help me keep things logged that I can go back to revisit if I forget when I did something.

Pros

I like that many of the options are already built in. It saves a great deal of time from having to reinvent the wheel. There were even some set up that I would have not thought of on my own, but turned out to be quite handy.

Cons

It works for simple tasks, but as I got into needing more steps and some more difficult links, it was not as easy to use.

Amazing and So Cool

It is been amazing and know that we have it set up I hope it does not go away. We depend on it every day.

Pros

The ability to move data from one product to another product has never been so easy and helpful. We take video content from our Ring Doorbell and move it over to other application or spreadsheets super easy.

Cons

I wish that they had other applications/software tools that could use with this software. It looks like it is more consumer foreclosed than it is for business. I still use Zapier for some of my business stuff.

IFTTT - action automation with limitations

Pros

IFTTT is a great service that allows you to automate repetitive tasks without knowing how to code. It is really good at several things including: 1) Recipe Marketplace- If you are new to IFTTT you can easily get started with their marketplace of applets or Recipes. Using recipes (as they are called) you can easily connect services and begin to create new tasks. The good thing is that there are many...

Cons

I feel like IFTTT actions do not always work, for example if you have a service running and you encounter an error, you have to delete the recipe and start all over. Some recipes are pointless, the quality in the marketplace really varies. You have to test before committing to any recipe. Have had instances where an Tweet is not shared to Facebook or vice versa but IFTTT says the recipe was run. There are instances where you do need to know a bit of coding to get create recipes that have a lot of triggers and in some cases even pay someone to get things done for you. For the most part its easy to get started but you may need to be a coder to create some complex recipes that have multiple tasks and triggers.

If you find yourself repeatedly doing the same action - look into this.

Pros

Over the last couple of years, IFTTT has begun to focus a lot more on smart home automation - but there are still some really great triggers available. Using simple logic triggers you can make two different (or even the same) apps communicate and complete actions for you. There is a great user-generated base of ideas for things you can do with the application! It's a great place to start if you...

Cons

Zapier has begun overtaking it in the volume of apps available to integrate with. But - if you have a smart home, or multiple smart-devices - IFTTT will be a valuable tool for you.

Streamline and Integration

It's been a great time saver automating redundant tasks to free up time for non-mundane tasks.

Pros

IFTTT is a pretty awesome app that allows you to custom chain apps or functionalities to improve user experience. The app is integrated with all of your favourite software so it is one of the most relevant add-ons you can get. Your options are truly limitless as you bolt together manual functions and speed them up through automation. With the app you can: Use your phone's location to trigger your lights to turn on when you get home Take a screenshot of your phone's desktop and have it automatically upload to a folder on your favourite cloud like Google Drive, Drop Box, or One Drive. Use it with Microsoft Power apps to take advantage of its integration with SharePoint to update a field, or add a line to a spreadsheet Truly the options are limitless

Cons

You can't chain together multiple IFTTT statements or at least I'm yet to figure out how to....and the software seems limited for users to some predetermined functionality that is allowed. So, not all of the features of your favourite apps are necessarily integrated into IFTTT - so you need to do some research before buying an app of your intention is to chain it with IFTTT to another process.

Automation for Everyone But Has Its Limits

Pros

IFTTT brings free automation/integrations to a huge variety of apps and offers a pretty straightforward user interface to do it, which makes it a great way for anyone to start using automation. One of the key benefits it has over some other popular automation platforms (aside from being free) is that it has a fully featured, native mobile apps for iOS and Google Play, and even the super helpful Apple Watch app. The big standouts benefits for me are the ability to work with iPhone stock apps in a direct manner, and the extensive list of supported home automation services, which many alternative platforms don't include.

Cons

IFTTT is better for home and lifestyle use than business use. It lacks support for a lot of enterprise software systems, and the ones it does support have fairly thin offerings for pre-built integrations/automations. The service, while free, also has been known to go out more frequently (and for extended periods of time) so it's not great for critical applications. The other big limitation is that IFTTT supports one-step automations, but anything needing conditional input or multiple steps can't be done directly in the app (although more savvy users can connect it to other apps to simulate that type of workflow).

IFTTT is key to my Social Media strategy

I have been using the app since 2016 and have loved how much I can do with it. Not only is it an app that helps my social media strategy out but also keeps me organized. It’s really a set it and forget it platform. If anything, try it out for yourself. That’s what I did and haven’t looked back since.

Pros

There are so many options to link info between social media platforms as well as others apps/programs to keep me updated

Cons

Some platforms make you re-initiate their service and you have to log back in to reactive. This can cause miss posts, but it is an easy fix to log into the app and turn it back on to work again.

IFTTT is simply the best!

Outstanding! I use it for both business and personal applications. It's been a lifesaver over the years!

Pros

IFTTT is basically a free version of Zapier for the everyday user. It allows us to integrate multiple software solutions/platforms to conduct business processes automatically, saving us tons of time and money.

Cons

Honestly, I have never had a single issue with IFTTT. The platform is easy to use, simple to set up, integrates with tons of different software solutions, and it's free!

Do things with your other things that those things don't do on their own

IFTTT is an essential tool for me. I use it to turn my lights on and off. I have a custom bedtime scene for my son that is triggered by "Goodnight [Son's Name]" that we use every single night. And it also improved my experience with Todoists subpar Google Assistant functionality. I couldn't do any of these things so easily without it.

Pros

A great way to automate simple tasks, and extend the functionality of other products you own to do things they don't do on their own. For example, add custom commands to Google Assistant. Add even more smarts to your smart lighting. Post daily exchange rates to a Slack channel. Those are some of the things I use IFTTT for on literally a daily basis.

Cons

Creating your own custom integrations is very clunky. I usually don't want to use someone else's premade integration. And I don't create new ones often enough to remember how I did it the last time. But every single time I find I have to hunt on the site for a few minutes to find the button to click to start a new integration from scratch. Why is this not the default landing page? I believe it used to be.

Long time user, one of my favourite apps.

I'm able to save time and more importantly brain power by automating some of the more mundane and redundant tasks from my day to day using this awesome app.

Pros

I have been using IFTTT since shortly after it launched many years ago. It's a really powerful piece of software, connecting and automating your life beautifully. In recent years they have published more connections for smart homes, and this is where they really excel, though there are still a full plethora of apps available to connect with powerful triggers, tokens and variables. They have also done an amazing job of making it accessible to setup up, easy for just about anyone to understand.

Cons

If I could change one thing, it would be to allow a service to connect to more than one account. Sometimes this is incredibly limiting.

This app can automate your life!

This is one of the coolest apps I've ever tried, because it can totally automate a lot of things in your work and personal life. Give it a try, you'll be amazed.

Pros

You can use IFTTT (If This Then That) via web or app. I mainly use the Android app, and it works great. There are literally thousands of "recipes" that you can use to cook up some great automation. Examples include creating a daily Google Sheet of the temperature that day, disabling Wi-Fi and bluetooth when your phone battery gets low, etc. You can either use existing "recipes" that others have created, or you can create your own. Very handy app!

Cons

Sometimes the possibilities seem a little daunting to me, but you just need to use what you understand and need. Don't let it overwhelm you.

Good product for some use cases, not for others

Pros

It's very beginner's friendly, and you can set up an automation in an intuitive way with no prior experience.

Cons

It's not very open to changes, and has a pretty limited amount of services and integrations compared to alternatives like Zapier and Integromat.

It used to be better but remains great

IFTTT is a cornerstone of my digital life. It automates my music listening habits at the same time it make my work easier. As Brazilian, sometimes I have to appeal to Brazilian alternatives due to specific apps unsupported by it, but I still love the whole idea and execution of IFTTT.

Pros

IFTTT automates boring stuff from leisure and home to study and work. A whole world of integrations.

Cons

I loved it more when it allowed me to personally set the triggers and actions, instead of giving me whole "recipes". This restricted the possibilities although have made automations more reliable.

Simple and quick

IFTTT is a great introduction to the idea of using automation to really improve your day-to-day productivity and is worth trying for anyone just getting started with this concept without having to pay anything.

Pros

It is exceptionally easy to set something up, and ther vast number of examples serve as very good inspiration. There is an ever-growing number of services that it supports. You can get a lot done at no cost.

Cons

The actions themselves are quite limited compared to alternatives. There is a notable lag with some triggers, which to be fair, is made clear by the app itself, but this still makes it unusable for those situations where real-time updates are required.

Amazing program!

IFTTT works in so many ways that it's possibilities are endless. From working with Salesforce, Google devices, Smart Home systems and other software you can easily perform 1 command/task and it will initiate another task to essentially get 2 birds with 1 stone. Definitely one of the best products for home and business

Pros

I love how IFTTT works with SO many different systems. I am all about automating processes as much as possible and IFTTT works great to make routines so simple

Cons

I wish that I could use 1 command to do multiple tasks. With IFTTT you can only automate 1 task but it is possible to make 1 command do other tasks with the same command but it is a tedious process

Automate your socials & more

We have not only kept our less popular social accounts active - but certain automated services have been so popular that the automated, but useful (not spam) social accounts have grown their engaged followers by over 300% - without any input from us

Pros

IFTTT allows you to easily links different social accounts, software and services to set up useful automated services. It's easy to use and has allowed us to keep many social network accounts active without having to manually login every day.

Cons

It would be great if there was an agency account - rather than having to create lots of separate logins.

I could write this review, or I could probably get IFTTT to do it for me. :)

Pros

I'd want to say that I've been using IFTTT before anyone else knew about it. Okay, maybe not "anyone", but I've been using it since they only had a few channels, and thought it was the best thing ever. I know there are now different competitors out there that charge you for usage, but IFTTT is the O.G. of the task automation and linking up actions of the Internet of Things (IOT). Super easy to configure, and possibilities are endless.

Cons

I've had some issues with IFTTT that the trigger wouldn't fire properly, but it's hard to pinpoint it to the software when it could be the case of hardware (in this case blink1).