Instabug Reviews

Instabug

In-app feedback & bug reporting for mobile apps

4.64/5 (87 reviews)

Pros
  • Instabug integrates easily and seamlessly with ios, android and web. It captures useful screenshots that can be edited, and the integration with JIRA is amazing.Anthony L.Read the full review
  • There is no perfect code with 100% test coverage, instabug is another level of testing and reporting very detailed bugs which may occur during runtime. Perfect solution to feel more secure.Marcin U.Read the full review
  • The customer support staff is friendly and helpful. Instabug helps us communicate with our clients quickly and resolve issues faster.Mike M.Read the full review
Cons
  • The documentation wasn't updated when i tried it. The sdk version on the site was outdated which caused some errors.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • We haven't found anything that we dislike with Instabug.Mike M.Read the full review
  • There was also a number of cases when the app didn't recognize really similar crash reports so we needed to involve human work for consistent analysis.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kerry Knight

It pays for itself every month and more

Reviewed 2018-09-08

I've used Instabug for the past 3 apps (and 3ish years) I've worked on. While there are a few rough edges when it comes to administrative items, I couldn't be happier with the product and would recommend it to any developer who has the means to pay for a premium service. The product easily pays for itself each month when used to resolve 2 or 3 crashes or customer-reported support tickets.

Pros
- The UI is great and implementation is a breeze - I love being able to customize my development console logging to amend my crash reports. In fact, the suite of information I get along with crash reports is easily the most comprehensive I've seen on the market, hands down. - Having the ability to speak directly with customers via in-app chat is invaluable in building customer relationships and solving issues promptly. - I love being able to annotate screenshots and take videos is issues in the app to attach to bug reports. I often find myself browsing my own app and making notes to myself about items that should be fixed or looked at in this manner. This feature, for me, might be the greatest value add of the product.

Cons
It's actually quite cumbersome to work around the 4 account limit per team for a paid account, especially if you have multiple apps and/or support people that need to log in. There are almost too many updates (too frequent?) being made to the software. Every other day that I log into the dashboard, there's an alert at the top screaming at me to update to the latest version, which don't even seem to include high priority hotfixes.

Mike Mueller

Instabug The Best For Bugs And Feedback

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Integration with both IOS and Android is an essential need for us. Instabug makes it simple for anyone to submit bug reports. Each ticket is handled individually which is essential to customer support. The customer support staff is friendly and helpful. Instabug helps us communicate with our clients quickly and resolve issues faster.

Pros
Instabug is simple and easy to use. Bug reports and feedback are easy to analyze. The screenshot feature works amazing and it is crucial to providing feedback and follow up. Full console logs, network logs, screenshots and device details saves crucial time.

Cons
We haven't found anything that we dislike with Instabug.

Anonymous

Recommended tool for bug tracking !!

Reviewed 2018-12-27

Pros
Using Instabug for bug reporting is super easy. The best thing about instabug is the ability to attach screenshots, notes, and video recordings when submitting the bug. This helped our team to reduce the time they spend on clarifying the bug which resulted in more productivity.The integration with third-party tools like Jira is again a very useful funcitionality that has made Instabug a winning tool.

Cons
There is nothing that I dislike for now.

Istvan Balogh

Instabug helped us to kill bugs faster

Reviewed 2020-02-26

Overall experience was great there are some privacy policy questions that we are not sure about

Pros
We used instabug as a bug reporting tool from our UI test automation tests, and it seemed to be great for that.

Cons
It overrides many main entry point of the application and you can't be sure what other data they collect as the project is not open source. We did not ship this into production due to this.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Yasmany Cubela Medina

Entry point for your customers feedback

Reviewed 2018-03-13

A lot of feedback from our beta-testers allowing us to fix bugs, improve and even rework features before hit the final users

Pros
Easy to integrate with all platforms allowing an fast way to get feedback from beta-testers. Integrations with third party platforms like jira for task control and slack for communication

Cons
The UI, i think it can be cleaner, with some useful dashboard reports that can gave you insights right away

Glenn Mariën

Can't really ship an app without it

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Overall experience is very good, we've been using the product for a while now to gather feedback from our testers and it has helped us identify issues and save a lot of time in the process.

Pros
The ability to have users shake their device and send feedback regarding our apps.

Cons
Certificate pinning seems to break the capture of network logs, support has been very friendly and seems to be working on it.

Tim Fletcher

Exactly how and what you need

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Easiest way to give your users a simple way to contact with you, and be able to respond to any issues.

Pros
Been using Instabug for a couple of years now. Very useful, essentially meant we didn't need to time sink to create a contact platform, just integrated theirs into our solution.

Cons
Nothing bad to say about it to be honest. Done everything we needed thus far.

Anonymous

The place where Bugs gather.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
The best thing InstaBug has going for them is the ease of integrating into existing software. Getting InstaBug added to our iOS and Android apps was a breeze. It creates an overlay on our apps that don't directly affect our software which is great. Adding questions and feedback prompts are easy with the website. Working with the InstaBug developers with issues that come up is fantastic, they have an open channel directly with individual workers at the company.

Cons
Since they support so many platforms and codebases, they occasionally have a few of their own bugs that make it through the cracks. They make up for this with quick response time and they push out fixes very quickly for a company.

Ahmed Tohamy

the best beta testing tool for mobile so far.

Reviewed 2018-03-05

I delivered 2 Apps using it for beta testing, Swift 3 and React Native... it was an awesome experience using instabug with developers and product managers.

Pros
that it doesn't have to be a crash to be reported, comments and video recording... Integration with React Native, Native iOS and Native Android.

Cons
the dashboard UI, but it's not really a big deal.. it's easy to use but it's not beautiful to look at.

Anonymous

Great option if you work with mobile apps

Reviewed 2020-02-08

Provides a good workflow and feedback delivery system when used in conjunction with Jira

Pros
- Targeted towards mobile app use - Beta testing features - Strong intergration with general project development / bug tracking / software lifecycle management tools

Cons
- While the product is excellent on its own, it works best when paired with a larger platforms and tools used by developers

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

We used Instabug for mostly beta testing of our client Mobile apps

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Manual and beta testing teams saved 30% of their time on logs and screenshots collecting

Pros
Me and most of testing team just loved the app. We enabled Instabug for beta builds of our app. Whenever some bug or weird behavior is detecting, grabbing logs as well as screenshots was very easy. We had a few tricky questions when we needed to use API. Support team was so friendly. They provided us all required guidelines really quick. Also, in cooperation with Dev Team, we were able to set up crash logs collection with sufficient granularity of logs. Including crash report eventually became almost requirement when we reported new bugs (this is how much they liked these reports)

Cons
As we needed API access to build custom reports and client wanted some detailed statistics, we needed to use Gold plan, that was pretty expensive. At some devices shaking feature didn't work stable and I needed to shake it a few more times to get crash reported. There was also a number of cases when the app didn't recognize really similar crash reports so we needed to involve human work for consistent analysis.

Anonymous

Instabug is a great tool for tracking bugs and customer experience

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Instabug helps us connect with our users quickly to learn/know about bugs as soon as they crop up, as well as making sure we can fix issues as fast as possible.

Pros
Relatively easy to integrate with mobile apps, and 3rd parties platforms like freshdesk. We use it for bug tracking including screenshots and videos from our users, as well as general app feedback and it's an indispensable tool.

Cons
The price tiers are not friendly to small teams and seem geared more toward large organizations with high budgets

Rex Fong

Exceptional Tool for Mobile App Startups

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Pros
I love how simple the integration. Especially at early stage our product has many holes. Tracking down a crash can be difficult if without this app. It has very advanced analytics and reports. It also helps us deal with the second problem which is collecting and consolidating users feedback. We use their feature request feature where users can suggest something or report a bug visually. Then upvote and downvote things each user thinks is important. We are able to practice lean development and product iteration very successfully because of it. Lastly their team is very attentive and hardworking. It just feels right in every interaction with them. You know they care about your feedback and they are open to accepting feature requests and take the time to help you out. I really wish them the best.

Cons
Perhaps they can include addons so we don’t have to do a full on upgrade in tiers just to get that 1 extra feature we want. They do have lots of products and if they allow us to more customize our subscription would be best.

Santhosh Chintapatla

InstaBug Review - My Vodafone App (New Zealand)

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Overall, InstaBug is a software that we use everyday and it's helping greatly to optimize our workflow to help our customers to experience a better app every time they update. I am more than happy with it!

Pros
InstaBug has a very easy to use UI and it makes both bug reporting and handling a seamless experience. There's quite a lot of customization available through filters for reporting purposes as well as having the ability to bulk reply to customers really helps us save time.

Cons
I think that the documentation page could be more interactive and this would help with training on how to use this tool and ease the learning curve.

Anonymous

Instabug provides a lot of value for what you pay for

Reviewed 2018-09-04

Pros
It's super easy to get set up in your project and the documentation is fairly thorough. I really appreciate how responsive their support is, when I have questions I usually just ping them on Twitter and I get a reply in a few hours.

Cons
Their dashboard is not exactly easy to browse through bugs with. It's hard to define the exact level of granularity I'm expecting with bug reports. And you can sometimes get bad bug reports with no descriptions or context to what went wrong. However they do a good job overall of capturing useful info by default.

Pawel Molfa

Great tool for bug tracking

Reviewed 2018-09-04

Instabug helps my team track and fix crashes easily - if we were to not rely on Instabug, I think 80% of crashes would go unnoticed or non-described. Thanks to Slack plugin, our team can report a new bug and a developer would be able to instantly address the issue. Instabug is a great time saver and makes my life easier.

Pros
Hands down, the best feature is repro-steps for crashes. It makes bug reproducing effortless and thus saves a lot of time.

Cons
There seems to be room for improvement when it comes to documenting and explaining more advanced topics somewhere on the website.

Dan Gallegos

Great software for any business or even personal use!

Reviewed 2019-01-04

Pros
Instabug has been awesome for my business with 8 computers in the office this software has saved us alot of times from crashing, and has a very accurate and fast detection on bugs and crashing! Would 100% recommend for business or personal use!

Cons
Love it has been amazing for my business. There isn't anything I don't like about it!

Almog Baku

Awesome product, amazing customer service!

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Catching exceptions, bug reports, technical customer support.

Pros
It just works. You simply put few lines of code and, shake your device and report bugs. Easier bug report than ever. The customer service is amazing, responses within few seconds-minutes.

Cons
Knowledge Base(FAQ like) is missing currently, and some necessary features are missing(like removing old chats).

Sital Mistry

Generally positive, has been very useful for customers trying to reach us.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Pros
- Easy to integrate - Easy to use mostly - Provides good information on customer setup to assist in debugging issues

Cons
- Buggy, users report bug tool crashing. - Advance features are nice but sometimes confusing to use. - Web interface needs more work, very slow to load hard to search requires URL manipulation to get to where you want easily - Site seems to go down often, can lead to our app crashing as well when site is unrepsonsive

tori marsh

The team are very attentive and supportive

Reviewed 2018-03-16

Lots of benefits from being able to see useful information at a glance to reference numbers & dashboard content

Pros
Ease of use and information available. Chat feature is helpful and ability to see screenshots & recordings from users when issues are reported. Being able to see device, connectivity & version information at a glance.

Cons
The only concern is sometimes reports or chat alerts don't get to the inbox immediately and are not seen straight away.

Steve Nas

Instabug is a great tool for error reporting and resolution

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
I like the ability to contact the user who has reported the bug and the ability/ease at which you are able to share information. Since errors and bugs can happen across many different devices and users, it's very important to replicate the issue that has been reported. If the user is unable to supply sufficient information, the development team will not be able to replicate and resolve.

Evgeny Aleksandrov

Great tool to gather detailed reports

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
Ease of sending bug report from app user - with photos, videos, networking and (especially important) custom logs.

Cons
Duplicates of same issue that are hard to group and handle - clutters integrations in Slack and JIRA

Anonymous

I've been working with Instabug for almost 2 years now & it makes our debugging process much easier!

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Pros
The "shake" feature is definitely my favorite. I also love how you can circle or annotate issues directly from your phone.

Cons
Overall I wouldn't say I have any cons. The only thing is that we use multiple platforms for tracking issues with our vendor, so we have to log it in Instabug and then also log it in a platform we use called Sifter. It would be great if the two were consolidated somehow.

Marcin Urbańczyk

Great library for every project

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Pros
- Complete and detailed logs - Reporting bugs with screenshots and videos (shaking etc.) - Integration with JIRA

Cons
- The most annoying is opening logs details - Surveys seems for me to be useless

Anonymous

Powerful QA, debugging and feedback tool

Reviewed 2019-02-16

Pros
Instabug makes it extremely simple for users of our app to notify us about problems, or suggest features, and gives developers a deep insight into the software to assist with debugging and resolving problems. The Instabug support team are extremely helpful and responsive. Instabug helps us at all stages of our app lifecycle, from internal QA through to beta testing and the feedback on the end product.

Cons
The API and documentation could be a little clearer, which makes the initial integration learning curve quite steep. The in-app framework is also quite invasive, and would benefit from providing some control over what data is captured and sent with issues and requests.