Splashtop Logo
Splashtop

Remote access and remote support for specific use-cases.

visit website

Splashtop Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.43/10

Reviews by rating

I love how easy it was to set up on my computer and the computer that I was accessing remotely. I also love how simple it is to use.
I've used LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, Team Viewer, and other products before. Splashtop is as good as any of them, and at a better price, creating the best value.
I like that I am able to access up to 10 computers, I like that I am able to access multiple computer simultaneously. I also like that I am able to reboot the accessed computer with ease.
Previously I refused to pay for apps which lack performance. I had no reluctance in paying for this one.
The only thing I do not like, is that there are occasions where the full screen does not work and I am unable to see the task bar on the remote desktop.
It was very difficult for me to change my password on splashtop when I forgot it. That was my only issue with splashtop.

DM

Diana M.

Office Manager/Legal Assistant

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Simple Setup, Easy to Use

Transcript

Diana: Hi, my name is Diana. I'm a Law Office Manager. I give Splashtop four out of five stars. For more...

PC

Phil C.

Co-Director

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Affordable and Effective

Transcript

Phil: Hi, I'm Phil and I am a journalism instructor. I work in education and broadcast media, and I would...

Daniel L.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

The best remote access software

Every employee is working from home. The software is fast, transparent and seemless.

Pros

I have used quite a few solutions to remote access software. Most are very complex and difficult to use. VPN was almost impossible for the users to use. Splash top was a breath of fresh air. I chose it because of the reviews it had. I downloaded the trial and installed it on the desktop server in minutes. That process was seamless. Then I had each user integrate the access from their remotes. Not a single user had any connection issues. We are now all working from home as if we were in the office. This software is excellent. We are accessing from laptops, iPhones, androids, iMacs and notebooks. No issues!

Cons

I have no reservations at all. This software is by far, the best remote access software I have ever seen.

Hi Daniel, Thanks a lot for the amazing scores and the review. I am Antonia from Splashtop Customer Success team. We are proud to be contributing to your business continuity and hope to have you as our customer for many years to come.

AW

Art W.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Splashtop Remote Is The GOAT

Overall Splashtop is a gamesaver for me on many occasions when I need remote access to my work computer while on the toad.

Pros

Being able to remotely access my office and home computers is vital to my business.

Cons

It would be nice if we could have two simultaneous remote connections as part of the standard subscription.

Hello Art, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Splashtop. We're thrilled to hear that our service has been a game-changer for your business by providing essential remote access to both your office and home computers. We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the desire for two simultaneous remote connections as part of the standard subscription. We constantly...

KK

Kenneth K.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Keeps crashing

THey are not acknowleding this is not productive when we have to restart sessions or ask the customer to restart their PC

Pros

We like the easy GUI to access, and the customized deployments

Cons

If a user forgets to logout from his desktop pc and want to use his laptop in the field he cant, and we either have to go to his desktop and sign him out or he can wait for several minutes to terminate a connection, and we are talking +5 minutes .... We have used other solutions in the past, they would popup and asked to terminate the other connection automatically, and be done in seconds...We also constantly getting dropped or very lagged connections suddenly - rate is 50 times higher than with previous solutions - so we know its not the internet but the product... stabiliy is starting to be an issue for us

Hi Kenneth. Sorry to see that you're having issues. If you haven't already, please contact our Customer Support team at https://www.splashtop.com/support or our Customer Success team at https://www.splashtop.com/form/contact-customer-success-team for assistance.

RK

Rebecca K.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Easy to deploy, easy to use

Although our agency provides essential services, during much of 2020 we were required by the state to employ a hybrid work schedule to minimize the number of people in the office at any one time. As this happened rather suddenly, those staff working from home were often using their own equipment. I still needed to be able to support everyone in and out of the office on any equipment, and most staff...

Pros

Pros: Pricing model, ease of deployment, simplicity of connection for end users. There are a several features we don't currently use, but the interface is simple enough that these additional features do not clutter the app with functions confusing to the average end user.

Cons

Cons: haven't really found any yet? However, there are several features we do not currently use.

Hello Rebecca, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Splashtop. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has met your expectations in terms of ease of deployment, user-friendly interface, and overall simplicity. It's fantastic to know that even during the sudden shift to a hybrid work schedule in 2020, Splashtop played a crucial role in ensuring your agency's essential services continued seamlessly. We value your feedback and are committed to providing a reliable and user-friendly experience for all your remote access needs. If you ever have further suggestions or questions, please feel free to reach out. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

EN

Emilio N.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Splashtop Remote Support

Pros

It works great and provide the required remote connection for us to accomplish the support task for our users

Cons

Sometimes the connection can get a little bit slower.

Hello Emilio, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Splashtop. We're delighted to hear that our platform has provided you with the necessary remote connection to efficiently support your users. While we strive for consistent performance, we acknowledge occasional slowdowns in connection speed and are always working to optimize our service for smoother experiences. We're committed to offering reliable and cost-effective solutions for your remote support needs, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to enhance our services. If you encounter any further challenges or have suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

CR

Christopher R.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Best for the money

Pros

I love the ease of use and most importantly, the cost vs. Team Viewer. Team Viewer license for a small number of stores is crazy expensive.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. This software is a homerun

Hello Christopher, Thank you for your glowing review and for highlighting Splashtop's affordability. We're thrilled to hear that you find Splashtop to be a homerun. We're continuously working to provide an accessible and efficient remote access solution, and it's fantastic to know that our efforts are resonating with users like yourself. Should you ever need assistance or have any feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out.

JL

James L.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Great Product at a Great Price

Being able to work from home or afar on travels

Pros

Ease of setup/connecting, speed while remoted, cost of product

Cons

Having only 2 computers that can access the remote

Hello James, Thank you for your enthusiastic review of Splashtop. We're glad to hear that Splashtop has enabled you to work efficiently from home or while traveling. We understand your concern about the limitation on the number of computers that can access the remote, but we're constantly working to improve our services and expand accessibility. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to deliver the best remote access solutions. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

JR

Jose R M.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

Excellent for remote control!

This is our go to solution when on business trips, during the pandemic it was instrumental to keep our business going.

Pros

Very easy to set up. It is very stable and accurate. You can have several computers, laptops, tablets configured to control in your group, for a single user.

Cons

There is actually not a single thing I dislike.

Hello Jose R, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Splashtop. We're delighted to hear that our remote control solution has met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on the comparison between other providers, and we're glad to have been able to offer a more user-friendly and feature-rich alternative. If you ever have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

JM

Josepj M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Splashtop ROCKS

Excellent product, I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Very easy to use and they are always working on additional features to be implemented

Cons

Updates come on when first logging in and can take time for the updates

Hello Josepj, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Splashtop. Regarding your feedback on updates, we understand that they may occasionally interrupt your workflow, and we're continually striving to minimize any inconvenience while ensuring that you have access to the latest improvements. We're delighted to have earned your recommendation and are grateful for your trust in us, especially considering your transition from other providers. If you have any further suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again for choosing Splashtop.

BM

Bruce M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

best for the price

this replaces what I was using with little effort and no confusion made leaving the other tool easy

Pros

once set up on PC's easy to connect and preform functions needed

Cons

sometimes getting a remote computer set up is a pain

Hello Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Splashtop. We appreciate your positive comments about the ease of setup on PCs and the seamless connectivity for necessary functions. We understand that configuring remote computers can sometimes be a challenge, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered in that process. It's great to know that Splashtop has effortlessly replaced your previous tool with minimal effort and without confusion. Should you have any further feedback or encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We appreciate your trust in Splashtop and look forward to continuing to meet your remote access needs.

SI

Steve I.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

This is the best Remote Desktop software

It has been excellent. Support is great and they have never tried to sell me more than I need

Pros

Very easy to use Easy to configure Great support Works on every PC I have and iPhones! I use this every single day Excellent value

Cons

Can only access one remote PC at a time Wish there were a bit more customizations Need to be able to remove their icons (mouse, etc)

Hi Steve Thank you so much for the review and rating. We've been dedicating to deliver the best value remote access and support solutions to our customers. Unlike other service providers, our pricing remains the same for customers and allows them to stay with their chosen package without unannounced price raises. With Splashtop, each user can access more than one computer at a time, in fact up to 10. And the Splashtop agent Streamer tray icon can also be hidden. In addition to that the Streamer can also be installed silently. Feel free to contact our support team so we can assist you regarding the above. Thanks again for choosing Splashtop! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

LS

Linda S.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Excellent Way to Access Your Computer Remotely

Splashtop gives me the freedom to work remotely. The platform makes you feel like you're sitting at the computer you're accessing remotely. I love it!

Pros

I am very grateful that one of my clients introduced me to Splashtop. The platform allowed me to access his computer remotely and it worked very well. I had been using another platform for my own computers in my office. When that platform stopped providing free access, I started researching other platforms. Many had ridiculously high prices that were too high for my little business. I was pleasantly surprised at the price when I researched Splashtop. Thanks to them, I now have all the accessibility I need at a reasonable price.

Cons

At first I couldn't find out how to log someone out if they had forgotten to log off when they were done. After some searching and clicking around, I found the disconnect option. It would be nice if that was a little easier to find. Other than that, I have no other complaints.

MF

Mark F.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Splashtop for the win!

Very positive experience. I use it very frequently and rely on it for my business. Never needed tech support but business support has been excellent.

Pros

Splashtop Business aka Splashtop SOS does exactly what it says it will. Supported our entire community during lockdown and enabled free licenses. So easy to get users to sos.spalshtop.com with an autodownload and no install, just run it (unless you're a Mac user but thats Macs over zealous, hard to fathom security locks).

Cons

does lack the ability to get a transcript which would be useful, unless I missed it somehere in the UI.

MF

Mike F.

Solid Remote Support Tool

Pros

Splashtop's ability to quickly launch without hidden installers makes this tool a great asset for remote support. The ability to manage and trigger sessions with a standalone application vs being forced to run within a web portal makes it great to run independently of web sessions.

Cons

Linux support is still not at the capacity of some competitors. Would love to get CLI ability for Linux hosts.Would like to be able to join/transfer/takeover a session from another support technician even if not under the same account without having to restart a new session.

Hello Mike, Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on Splashtop. We're delighted to hear that you find Splashtop to be a solid asset for remote support. We understand your feedback on Linux support and CLI ability, and we appreciate your input as we continuously strive to enhance our features. We hope to continue meeting your expectations and appreciate your trust in Splashtop for your remote support needs. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team.

ET

Ed T.

Easy Way to Access Customer Computers

I use Splashtop daily to login to client's computers, check on issues, help them with application questions, monitor backups, check for viruses and more. It's easy and once a customer is setup to use Splashtop themselves to remotely access their office computer, then it's a no-brainer for them to get their work done. Businesses LOVE the fact that we have 24/7 access to their computers and that we can jump on after hours and not disturb their employees during work hours. Splashtop helps strengthen our relationships with the businesses that we support.

Pros

Splashtop is easy to use and deploy. Users "get it." Customers "get it." There's also no additional software to download as you must in other products.

Cons

The chat feature isn't great. User's aren't provided sufficient prompts on how to use it. My legacy version of Splashtop doesn't have multi-monitor to multi-monitor viewing. Moving to a version that does is a huge price jump

Hello Ed, Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback about Splashtop. We're thrilled to hear that you find Splashtop easy to use and deploy, with users and customers alike grasping its functionality seamlessly. We appreciate your constructive criticism regarding the chat feature and the lack of prompts; your insights will certainly help us improve. We're delighted that businesses appreciate the 24/7 access feature, allowing you to provide support without disrupting their work hours. We value your loyalty and are committed to delivering excellent service and continuous improvements. Thank you for choosing Splashtop and sharing your positive experiences with us. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

DF

Darrell F.

Great service!

Pros

Easy to use product, can get to a computer easily and quickly for remote control.

Cons

Connections can be a little sluggish, and interface is a little challenging if you delve deep. General connection and remote control is OK, otherwise

Hello Darrell, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're finding our product to be easy to use and time-efficient. We appreciate your honesty in mentioning the slight sluggishness in connections and the challenge in navigating the interface when delving deep. Your insights are invaluable, and we're continuously working to enhance these aspects for a smoother experience. We value your support and look forward to providing you with even better service in the future. If you have any further suggestions or questions, feel free to reach out to our support team.

BS

Benjamin S.

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Perfect Remote Support Tool

Once you customize the registry keys for the splashtop streamer you will have a perfect experience. Some annoying options to customize are sound and num lock settings. Integrates well with our RMM Atera and is even free of charge there. Connection is stable even in remote and very low bandwidth situations.

Pros

Stable and fast remote connections to any system no matter if internal or external. Direct chat and file transfers with the client. Option to have the client approve the connection requests or refuse, for non-server systems. Can be set up thru regedit entry. Various customizations and optimizations are possible thru registry keys, to customize the experience for the support technician and the client.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. Offers all the basic and some more advanced functionality you could think of you need while remotely connecting to a system.

Anthony R.

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

A great alternative to some of the more you expensive solutions

Pros

I like the fact that Spalshtop is quick and easy to deploy, simple for the technicians to commence a remote session and has great integrations with our RMM and ticketing systems.

Cons

There is presently nothing that I don't like about Splahtop.

Hello Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Splashtop. We appreciate your positive feedback on the quick and easy deployment, simplicity for technicians to initiate remote sessions, and seamless integrations with your RMM and ticketing systems. We understand the importance of a cost-effective and straightforward remote support solution, and we're delighted to have met your expectations. If you ever have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

DN

Dan N.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

This is everything I need in a remote assistance application.

Support has been phenomenal. I talk and they listen. They even implemented a suggestion I had which made Splashtop a more competitive product and it has eliminated the last of my frustrations with the product. They really do listen and the response time is reasonably short. I'd like to tell you about the response time when I have a real problem but I have never had any.

Pros

I can drag and drop files from my desktop to the client's; It is easy for the client to install and use, the client's agent is quite small; Video update time is subjectively short; I frequently do not remember there is a short lag between what happens on the client's computer and when I see the change on my screen. I can see the client's mouse pointer on my screen. This makes it so much easier for the client to explain to me what is happening on their computer. (It is an option, you have to select it.) I can arrange an unattended connection to the client's computer. Some of my clients prefer this.

Cons

My version has a limited number of unattended connections. I don't need an unlimited supply but I do need more than 10.

MB

Martin B.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great tool for remote support

Pros

Easy to deploy.Easy to use.You can assign individual users to give support.You can assign an end-user to have access to a particular computer if needed.Great price for what it offers.The ability to wake up computers.

Cons

The only think that is not that good, is that you need a user with admin permission in order to connect to a PC (you can't do it with a key like other products).

Hello Martin, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you find Splashtop to be a great tool for remote support. We appreciate your positive comments on the ease of deployment and use, as well as the flexibility to assign individual users for support and grant specific access to end-users. We're pleased to provide value for the features offered. Regarding the admin permission requirement, we understand your concern and are continuously working to enhance user experience. Your feedback is invaluable, and we'll consider this aspect for future improvements. If you have any further suggestions or questions, please feel free to reach out. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

NM

Nelso M.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great platform at a great price.

It is an invaluable tool for my small business. It's easy to use. Simple to navigate. Doesn't have tons of bells and whistles that I wouldn't use but have to pay for, so the value is wonderful for us.

Pros

Easy to use. Responsive. I can install on multiple devices without having to pay for each device. We access remotely rarely, but this allows access when there are files not on the one drive and we can move it there remotely. Also allows me to see what my business partner is seeing on their screen during meetings and to also walk through technical things he doesn't understand to work.

Cons

When I do have trouble connecting, the trouble shooting tips aren't very helpful.

Hello Nelso, Thank you for your glowing review of Splashtop. We're delighted to provide a straightforward solution that meets your needs without unnecessary bells and whistles. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has proven to be a valuable asset for your small business, offering ease of use, responsiveness, and the flexibility to install across multiple devices without excessive costs. However, we regret any inconvenience you've experienced with connecting, and we're committed to improving our troubleshooting resources to better assist you in the future. Your feedback is invaluable as we strive to continuously enhance the Splashtop experience for all our users. If you ever encounter any further issues or have suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out.

DB

David B.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

This software saved my business

Most of the support tasks that I perform now are with Splashtop Business Access, and physical visits to clients are now rare. Much of the work is after hours when businesses are closed, so it works very well for me.

Pros

The one thing that had me committed was the low cost after the massive price increases I was experiencing from Logmein. Splashtop has improved in performance, reliability and feature-set considerably over the several years I've been using it, and I cannot praise it more highly. The company also listen carefully to their users and have fixed minor issues along the way. All versions of Windows from XP upwards are supported, including servers.

Cons

There are very few cons. Very old PCs with poor graphics capability maybe rather slow, but there is an add-on driver that helps. Thankfully these issues are very rare, and those machines should have been upgraded anyway. Full Dual Monitor support is an additional paid option, but I can live without that.

BO

Beverly O.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Splashtop Review

I would give my overall experience as Excellent. You solved a major issue of accessing my computers withoug having to move them all to one location.

Pros

The ability to print locally when I am accessing my computer remotely is the best feature by far.

Cons

There is nothing at the moment I would improvie upon. I have recommended Splashtop to several friends who have signed up.

Hello Beverly, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Splashtop. We're happy to hear that the ability to print locally while accessing your computer remotely is the standout feature for you. We appreciate your recommendation to friends and are delighted to have earned your trust. We understand the importance of seamless remote access, and we're pleased that Splashtop has met your expectations. If you ever have further feedback or suggestions, feel free to reach out. We're here to provide you with the best remote access solution possible. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.

David C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great all around product, especially for small MSPs

Really good overall, never really any issues that needed escalating.

Pros

Feature rich and fairly priced. Rare in the current climate.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky, especially when it comes to file transfer/live chat

Hello David, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Splashtop. We're thrilled to hear that you find our product to be great all around, particularly for small MSPs. We appreciate your acknowledgment of the feature richness and fair pricing, values we strive to maintain in the current market. Your feedback on potential clunkiness in file transfer/live chat is duly noted. We're pleased to learn that you've encountered minimal issues overall and appreciate your trust in Splashtop. We look forward to continuing to meet your expectations.

AA

Amanda A.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Work from home seamlessly

I've been very pleased with the service provided by Splashtop, and I was pleasantly surprised by it, especially in the beginning. The function to easily print to my own remote computer and/or the server was an unexpected benefit.

Pros

It is very easy to set up and continue using daily.

Cons

This might be a me-problem, but I can't get the "type a message here" field to do anything. I would like some way to communicate with users at the site things like: "The screen is blanked and the keyboard is locked, please don't turn off the computer, I'm using it remotely"

Hello Amanda, Thank you for sharing your experience with Splashtop. We're delighted to hear that our platform has seamlessly facilitated your work-from-home experience. We understand the importance of simplicity and efficiency in remote work setups, and we're thrilled that you find Splashtop easy to set up and use daily. We appreciate your feedback and want to assure you that we continuously strive to improve our features. Your suggestion for a communication channel with users on the remote site is valuable, and we'll certainly take it into consideration for future updates. We're committed to providing a reliable and innovative remote access solution, and your positive feedback encourages us to keep enhancing the Splashtop experience. Thank you for choosing Splashtop.