Splashtop Business Access Reviews

Pros

I've used LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, Team Viewer, and other products before. Splashtop is as good as any of them, and at a better price, creating the best value.

Chad B.

I like that I am able to access up to 10 computers, I like that I am able to access multiple computer simultaneously. I also like that I am able to reboot the accessed computer with ease.

Elizabeth C.

I love how easy it was to set up on my computer and the computer that I was accessing remotely. I also love how simple it is to use.

Heather K.

Cons

Previously I refused to pay for apps which lack performance. I had no reluctance in paying for this one.

Declan M.

It was very difficult for me to change my password on splashtop when I forgot it. That was my only issue with splashtop.

Andrea P.

Just to ask a few questions about the features I may be missing.

Patrice B.

Affordable and Effective

Transcript

Phil: Hi, I'm Phil and I am a journalism instructor. I work in education and broadcast media, and I would...

The best remote access software

Every employee is working from home. The software is fast, transparent and seemless.

Pros

I have used quite a few solutions to remote access software. Most are very complex and difficult to use. VPN was almost impossible for the users to use. Splash top was a breath of fresh air. I chose it because of the reviews it had. I downloaded the trial and installed it on the desktop server in minutes. That process was seamless. Then I had each user integrate the access from their remotes. Not a single user had any connection issues. We are now all working from home as if we were in the office. This software is excellent. We are accessing from laptops, iPhones, androids, iMacs and notebooks. No issues!

Cons

I have no reservations at all. This software is by far, the best remote access software I have ever seen.

Hi Daniel, Thanks a lot for the amazing scores and the review. I am Antonia from Splashtop Customer Success team. We are proud to be contributing to your business continuity and hope to have you as our customer for many years to come.

Excellent Way to Access Your Computer Remotely

Splashtop gives me the freedom to work remotely. The platform makes you feel like you're sitting at the computer you're accessing remotely. I love it!

Pros

I am very grateful that one of my clients introduced me to Splashtop. The platform allowed me to access his computer remotely and it worked very well. I had been using another platform for my own computers in my office. When that platform stopped providing free access, I started researching other platforms. Many had ridiculously high prices that were too high for my little business. I was pleasantly surprised at the price when I researched Splashtop. Thanks to them, I now have all the accessibility I need at a reasonable price.

Cons

At first I couldn't find out how to log someone out if they had forgotten to log off when they were done. After some searching and clicking around, I found the disconnect option. It would be nice if that was a little easier to find. Other than that, I have no other complaints.

Love Splashtop!

Very easy to use. For years we had used a different competitor. They kept increasing their price too much every years so we left. Then we used another company for awhile but it was difficult to use and pricing was too high. So so happy we switched to Splashtop. Logging in is extremely simple. Navigating the screen is user-friendly. It truly feels like you are on the computer itself.

Pros

Very easy to use. For years I had used a different competitor. They kept increasing their price too much every years so I left. Then I used another company for awhile but it was difficult to use and pricing was too high. So so happy I switched to Splashtop. Logging in is extremely simple. Navigating the screen is user-friendly. It truly feels like you are on the computer itself. I don't need remote access often. Maybe once a week for 10 minutes. It doesn't make sense to pay crazy fees when access is minimal.

Cons

Getting used to downloading the app for the remote versus host computer was tricky and a little confusing.

Splashtop Disappointment

Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I have logged into a customer, rebooted and when the customer opens the splashtop app it goes away and there is no way to log in using splashtop. The video is sketchy and the file transfer works most of the time. Support is clueless and the follow up is very poor. If you need to service your clients in a timely manner, this may not work for you.

Pros

It's very user friendly and allows many features

Cons

Sometimes it is slow, the video quality varies from good to poor.

Simple Setup, Easy to Use

Programs that I only have downloaded on my CPU at work can be accessed remotely from my home! This is saving me time, money and energy.

Pros

When I had a change in circumstances and needed to transition to working from home for several months, this product was recommended to me by a colleague. It was easy to setup and super simple to use. I can now access my work computer from home!

Cons

I don't like how small it makes my screen. I have to zoom in to be able to see things well. I'm not sure if there is a workaround for this, and maybe it's because my laptop is smaller than my computer at work, so it just seems tiny when I'm using certain programs.

Great Product, Great Value

We needed a replacement product for remote access of our local desktops both from our satellite office as well as in the event stay at home orders went back into effect. Other products I've used in the past for this purpose have been so slow and unresponsive that even with fast internet it was painful to try to work using remote access. Splashtop is very fast and works very well. It was also available at an incredibly reasonable price for the number of users our firm needed.

Pros

Probably the most important aspect of this software is how fast and responsive it is. Programs I've used in the past have had a lag where my curser doesn't track as quickly as my mouse movements, or text is entered more slowly than I type. Splashtop feels almost like I am working on the desktop locally rather than remotely accessing it. It also has nice features for transferring files, printing locally or remotely, locking the screen and controls of the remote desktop, and a live chat feature (although I do not really use the chat feature).

Cons

It is a bit tedious to set up the program on different computers due to all of the authentications emails, it takes a little while to familiarize oneself with the admin controls, and you need to take steps to make sure that the Splashtop Streamer app is running in the background when you try to launch the remote access, which can be confusing to explain to users that are not technologically savvy.

Remote control sofware - Bang for buck cannot be beat.

Value, product functionality, and quick replies for help without having to spend unreasonable amounts of money to do so.

Pros

Remote control software that works well with all of the features of Teamviewer for excellent pricing that anyone can afford.

Cons

The only issues after moving from Teamviewer is when installing trying to figure out the streamer vs. just installing one .exe file that does everything.

Great product, easy to configure and deploy.

Splashtop Business Access has worked flawlessly for me and I am very happy with the purchase.

Pros

I like the ability to customize and configure a deployment pack and either use a usb or link to deploy. I have not been disconnected or froze at all and there is no delay when using mouse/keyboard. I also like the resolution when connecting and ability to switch the remote monitors as needed.

Cons

The only (minor) thing I don't like is that when using a new computer to remote from is that an email is sent to add the device to the allowed list. It would be simpler to have a way to verify by simply sending a code to my phone asking for permission.

Best Remote Desktop Software 2021

Pros

Splashtop is the best Remote Desktop software I’ve ever used. While being the most cost effective, it also has the most features and never kicks me off for no reason. Features like dual monitor streaming and live audio playback are two of the best features that just don’t exist with other software- and they work great!

Cons

I can’t say that I have any negative things to say about the software.

Good Product

Pros

It lets me use my office PC from home and vice versa. Sometimes that just comes in handy.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It works well for me.

Easy way to offer helpdesk support to clients

It has been very good experience with software, it works ok with our needs. there are few options and features if they are added it will be perfect software and compete with advanced solutions that have been in the market for years.

Pros

The software is straight fw....client download the software, generate the code and the tech can use the code to log into the computer remotely. It is stable, fast and work great. can see connected sessions or that were connected from the admin console. depending on your license you can have more than 1 tech connected to same session and u can have unattended access as well depending on the license.

Cons

with mac we have to enable settings in system to allow splashtop to take control but this is mainly Mac os system issue. The client has to generate the code every time from his end.....if it can work the other way it will be easier....I mean we generate the code for him or he can just install software then it appear on our end. If there is an icon on the desktop that the client can click on to appear on the admin console it will be great. it doesn't capture windows user password for reboot.

Hello, Thank you so much for the rating and review. Sounds like you are using our Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) which is designed for having a quick and efficient connection to your users' Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices with a simple session code and the code will be generated each time automatically to provide an extremely secure on-demand remote access solution. Regarding your comment,...

This is the best Remote Desktop software

It has been excellent. Support is great and they have never tried to sell me more than I need

Pros

Very easy to use Easy to configure Great support Works on every PC I have and iPhones! I use this every single day Excellent value

Cons

Can only access one remote PC at a time Wish there were a bit more customizations Need to be able to remove their icons (mouse, etc)

Hi Steve Thank you so much for the review and rating. We've been dedicating to deliver the best value remote access and support solutions to our customers. Unlike other service providers, our pricing remains the same for customers and allows them to stay with their chosen package without unannounced price raises. With Splashtop, each user can access more than one computer at a time, in fact up to 10. And the Splashtop agent Streamer tray icon can also be hidden. In addition to that the Streamer can also be installed silently. Feel free to contact our support team so we can assist you regarding the above. Thanks again for choosing Splashtop! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Awesome software for the now more common "stay at home' worker.

I had been using another software prior to switching to Splashtop in March, it was a free version because I had only need to access my work computer from home minimally and that was only to access our accounting software, everything else I needed was in the "cloud". The free software I was using had a horrible lag and terrible visual quality and once our state got stay at home orders, I began working...

Pros

Super easy to use, with a lot features including fast access anywhere from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebook, HD quality, file transferring. remote print, ability to switch between multiple monitors, all for as low as $5/month ($60 per year).

Cons

I access a computer with 2 monitors and will I can switch between the 2, I wish I had an option to make all everything open on one monitor because dragging between the monitors is not the smoothest when you can only have 1 monitor visible at a time. Although I believe viewing multiple monitors simultaneously is a feature in the Pro version, I am using the Solo version as working from home should only be temporary but if it were more permanent then I'd probably upgrade to Pro.

Hi Angie, Thank you so much for the scoring and telling us your user experiences. It's truly our pleasure to have an environmental protector/maintainer as one of our customers. Regarding your feedback, have you tried our monitors switching hotkeys? Here are the articles for your information: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014465512-MULTI-MONITOR https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014349892-Splashtop-Business-App-Supported-Shortcuts-Hotkeys If you would like to have any further assistance, feel free to reach out any time at: https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us. We are at your disposal Stay healthy and take care!

The LogMeIn Alternative

We used LogMeIn for years until they almost quadrupled their prices. We looked and found Splashtop. It offered almost all of the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. It was lacking some polish at first but over the years they have greatly improved upon their product. I use it daily to manage the users at my company remotely and I haven't had any issues.

Pros

The cost versus LogMeIn. We pay a fraction of what we were paying with LogMeIn even before their price hike. Also it allows for a lot more client machines at the same price

Cons

It was lacking some polish in the beginning but they have steadily been rolling out new features. They are on par with LogMeIn now.

Splashtop puts others to Shame

Controlling machines, the fact that it supports UAC prompts, file transfer ability, all of those are reasons that this works well for our business.

Pros

To be honest value is the number one reason I love this software. Compared to other solutions the cost is lower, but the product is high quality and is used on a daily basis.

Cons

No support for Linux. We have several Linux machines that we would like to manage, but the support for Linux has been little to none. They have an old version for Linux, and it has not been updated in a while.

Clean and Easy

I use it for tech support of all our computers inside or outside my network. Great for those road warriors that are gone all week.

Pros

Can remote into existing computers from a list it gives you at will using the small client software or buy the SOS module and have the user go to a website, give you a number, and you remote into any computer. You can setup different admins to see a different list of computer to remote into. Once you setup the credentials you can remote in easily at will.

Cons

When doing a file transfer sometimes you closes the connection. They have been working on this and may have it fixed by now.

This software saved my business

Most of the support tasks that I perform now are with Splashtop Business Access, and physical visits to clients are now rare. Much of the work is after hours when businesses are closed, so it works very well for me.

Pros

The one thing that had me committed was the low cost after the massive price increases I was experiencing from Logmein. Splashtop has improved in performance, reliability and feature-set considerably over the several years I've been using it, and I cannot praise it more highly. The company also listen carefully to their users and have fixed minor issues along the way. All versions of Windows from XP upwards are supported, including servers.

Cons

There are very few cons. Very old PCs with poor graphics capability maybe rather slow, but there is an add-on driver that helps. Thankfully these issues are very rare, and those machines should have been upgraded anyway. Full Dual Monitor support is an additional paid option, but I can live without that.

If you are using TeamViewer - Switch now!

It has been good. I was searching for an alternative to TeamViewer that wasn't going to kill my one-man-company. This lets me manage the few servers I need too without having to pay a ton of cash. The file transfer works great, and the screen sharing is solid. Stays connected for DAYS.

Pros

It works way better than other screen sharing apps I have used. It just works. I also like the cost - compared to teamviewer, it is more reasonably priced and I don't have to fight bugs all the time. It works when you switch to wifi - long time teamviewer bug!

Cons

The only problem I have had (and it was short lived) was that it is easy to close the remote client accidentally. Once you realize it needs to stay running (and don't close the tray icon) - you don't have any problems. I caught this very early on.

Splashtop Business Pro is a good choice for me

I would also like to mention that their Customer Support is excellent. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with their rep, discussing the merits of Splashtop and the various options available. He was thorough and extremely patient. I started with the 7-day trial of Splashtop Business Pro, which they extended for an extra 7 days when I needed more time. I've needed support a couple of times, and they were very responsive. Another thing I love about the choice I've made is the affordability. Some other services were going to be unjustifiably expensive for me, which led me to the search for an alternative. I don't need to offer 24/7 remote support, since I use it on an "as needed" basis, which fluctuates week by week.

Pros

After a relatively short learning curve, I was able to use this software exactly as required. I offer remote computer and device support to people who are, for the most part, over 75 years old. As such, it can be challenging to guide them through resolving their problem. Being able to offer remote access, is crucial with clients like this, because I can explain as I offer the visual. The seniors I deal with are easily confused with technology, which made guiding them through installation of the Splashtop Streamer at their end a bit tricky. This was probably the most difficult part of laying the groundwork for helping my clients. So I prepared screenshots of every step of the installation process for myself, which allowed me to guide them through installation one step at a time.

Cons

For the most part, Splashtop Business Access covers all bases for me and is definitely a crucial tool in accomplishing my work. Even so, there are two things on my "wish list", that would make the experience even better... 1. I would prefer not having to use my telephone to speak to the client, and would really appreciate if Splashtop had an audio component built into it. 2. Many of my clients have only iPads or iPhones and, to my knowledge, Splashtop does not allow for me to offer them remote support from my computer to their device. That possibility would be fantastic!

I have been using Splashtop for some time now and have had very few issues with it overall.

I am able to start my day from home in order to get my crew working sooner with what they need whether I am there or not and I can do it from anywhere which gives me more flexibility as a business owner.

Pros

I do cad work and thought it was better than LogMe In Pro which I had used for several years, but the file transfer function is very useful as I work from home at times and need that ability when programming or modifying various programs at times. I also do a good bit of estimating and that also requires the ability to transfer files or even log in to Quickbooks to send the quotation. It serves my...

Cons

There is very little to complain about and as I said previously, I think any issues that I have experienced were due to an install that maybe didn't go well but how would you ever know until you ask the support team and once I did the problem was fixed! I really like that so no cons to report here!

Excellent User Experience!

I'm able to work remotely with no loss of productivity and also able to provide support to other users who do not know how to solve computer issues themselves.

Pros

I was particularly impressed with the sound transfer features of the software. I selected my desired sound settings on setup of the program, rather than having to select it with each session. There was no delay or latency and the full screen function makes it appear that I am sitting at my office computer. The cost was low and the value very high, especially when compared to other similar software, some of which costs 10 times as much.

Cons

Two different software programs, a streamer and a business program, must be loaded. It would be nice to only have to load one program, but this was not that much of a hassle.

Awesome tool for a great price - SOOO much better than Teamviewer

It works great. I used Teamviewer in the past and Teamviewer made you put in codes everytime you wanted to use it and weird stuff like that. Didn't seem like it was meant for long-term access to certain computers.

Pros

Splashtop is really easy to use once you get it set up. I also like that it was the "wake" feature which is a lifesaver. I use it to remotely access client's computers if I need to do something for them under their network. It's quite easy to use and I can have it setup to easily select the computer I need to log into.

Cons

Even with the wake feature, it doesn't always work (probably due to the computer not being connected to the internet etc.) but it's much better than alternatives. Really it does everything it is supposed to do so I don't have any other complaints.

Perfect solution to remote access and remote support

really helpful during initial talks, provided large trial licence and great discount on sign up

Pros

We needed to deploy a solution for a large number of users to remote onto their desktops, initially attracted to Splashtop for the price we quickly discovered it beat the competition in ease of use, delivery and service. We have since deployed remote support SOS for agents and will not be renewing Teamviewer. Sos UAC far smoother that teamviewer!

Cons

No negatives, this product met our requirements

Hi Jason, It's so awesome to hear your feedback. Thank you for the scores. It's our pleasure to have an international logistics company on board. May we know what you use Splashtop for? I am asking because I would love to understand your scenario and how we are helping you with your business. We also have a great news to share with you that we have now have our branch office in Amsterdam. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help. Please reach us at customer-success@splashtop.com. Thanks again for your support! Stay healthy and take care!

Great software that works

Claim to fame: I was walking around the Louvre museum in Paris on vacation, when we had an inspection at work back in Florida. I was able to move the files they were looking for whilst standing in the Egyptian area on my phone and in 10 minutes, my staff had everything they needed to complete the inspection.

Pros

I am a small business owner and the only person who needs to remote into my business. In my scenario, I no longer need to be in the office to work so often do some electronic paper pushing in the evenings and weekends (like most small business owners, we are 24/7!) and when staff have computer issues, I can remote into their desktops to fix the small issue no matter where I am in the world.

Cons

There is nothing I would complain about at this point.

How to get the best bang for your remote access buck!

My users, as well as myself, enjoy the simplicity and ease of use of this software and how it gets out of the way and allows us to concentrate on our workflow.

Pros

This product was very easy to deploy, setup and install for the administrator as well as the end users.

Cons

The ability to show only online/active computers and users on the web portal management/sessions page.

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop. We take great pride in the simplicity and capability of our software. It's our pleasure to have a surveying and mapping business on board. Regarding your feedback, may we know more about your concern? So that we will be able to know how to improve us to deliver our next level of remote access software. Please share with us at Feedback@splashtop.com Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon ;-) Stay healthy and take care!