Splashtop Business Access Logo

Splashtop Business Access

Remote access for professionals, teams, and individuals.

Splashtop Business Access Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.61/10

Reviews by rating

I love how easy it was to set up on my computer and the computer that I was accessing remotely. I also love how simple it is to use.
I've used LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, Team Viewer, and other products before. Splashtop is as good as any of them, and at a better price, creating the best value.
Previously I refused to pay for apps which lack performance. I had no reluctance in paying for this one.
It was very difficult for me to change my password on splashtop when I forgot it. That was my only issue with splashtop.
Just to ask a few questions about the features I may be missing.

PC

Phil C.

Co-Director

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Affordable and Effective

Transcript

Phil: Hi, I'm Phil and I am a journalism instructor. I work in education and broadcast media, and I would...

DM

Diana M.

Office Manager/Legal Assistant

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Simple Setup, Easy to Use

Transcript

Diana: Hi, my name is Diana. I'm a Law Office Manager. I give Splashtop four out of five stars. For more...

Nathan R.

This is the software that gets things done at a fraction of the price of others.

It is cheapear than others, it works like a charm. Worth every peny! you can manage all your computers from a pc or a mobile, you can assign groups, users, and have remote control over your systems.

Pros

This is a really good software to both remote connect and manage computers. You can have teams (or groups) and assign groups to users to manage. Very good for IT-Pros

Cons

Sometimes it feels more complex to manage computers and users that it is. mind you - only the admin on the website feels complex to me. Everything else works perfectly fine.

AI

Angie I.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Awesome software for the now more common "stay at home' worker.

I had been using another software prior to switching to Splashtop in March, it was a free version because I had only need to access my work computer from home minimally and that was only to access our accounting software, everything else I needed was in the "cloud". The free software I was using had a horrible lag and terrible visual quality and once our state got stay at home orders, I began working...

Pros

Super easy to use, with a lot features including fast access anywhere from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebook, HD quality, file transferring. remote print, ability to switch between multiple monitors, all for as low as $5/month ($60 per year).

Cons

I access a computer with 2 monitors and will I can switch between the 2, I wish I had an option to make all everything open on one monitor because dragging between the monitors is not the smoothest when you can only have 1 monitor visible at a time. Although I believe viewing multiple monitors simultaneously is a feature in the Pro version, I am using the Solo version as working from home should only be temporary but if it were more permanent then I'd probably upgrade to Pro.

Hi Angie, Thank you so much for the scoring and telling us your user experiences. It's truly our pleasure to have an environmental protector/maintainer as one of our customers. Regarding your feedback, have you tried our monitors switching hotkeys? Here are the articles for your information: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014465512-MULTI-MONITOR https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014349892-Splashtop-Business-App-Supported-Shortcuts-Hotkeys If you would like to have any further assistance, feel free to reach out any time at: https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us. We are at your disposal Stay healthy and take care!

Cheap for a reason - not many features, and some connections falter.

Pros

Very easy to deploy, and easy to teach to the staff. Connections happen quickly. Great for simple desktop access, without a need for backend management. Sessions are encrypted, so this meets HIPAA and other compliance standards. Mobile apps are easy to deal with.

Cons

There really aren't very many back-end tools that you can use with this software. We also have had connections fail during a session. Eventually, we chose different software for remote connections.

JW

Jennifer W.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Savior Product

This program was a savior during covid. It allowed me and continues to allow me to work remotely as I have to access accounting programs that cannot be accessed outside of the office network.

Pros

I like that it doesnt really feel like its a remote desktop, more like an extension of my desktop. Barely any lag at all.

Cons

The only thing I do not like, is that there are occasions where the full screen does not work and I am unable to see the task bar on the remote desktop.

KB

Kenneth B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

The LogMeIn Alternative

We used LogMeIn for years until they almost quadrupled their prices. We looked and found Splashtop. It offered almost all of the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. It was lacking some polish at first but over the years they have greatly improved upon their product. I use it daily to manage the users at my company remotely and I haven't had any issues.

Pros

The cost versus LogMeIn. We pay a fraction of what we were paying with LogMeIn even before their price hike. Also it allows for a lot more client machines at the same price

Cons

It was lacking some polish in the beginning but they have steadily been rolling out new features. They are on par with LogMeIn now.

BM

Ben M.

Professional Training & Coaching, 10,001+ employees

Splashtop puts others to Shame

Controlling machines, the fact that it supports UAC prompts, file transfer ability, all of those are reasons that this works well for our business.

Pros

To be honest value is the number one reason I love this software. Compared to other solutions the cost is lower, but the product is high quality and is used on a daily basis.

Cons

No support for Linux. We have several Linux machines that we would like to manage, but the support for Linux has been little to none. They have an old version for Linux, and it has not been updated in a while.

CG

Chris G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Remote control sofware - Bang for buck cannot be beat.

Value, product functionality, and quick replies for help without having to spend unreasonable amounts of money to do so.

Pros

Remote control software that works well with all of the features of Teamviewer for excellent pricing that anyone can afford.

Cons

The only issues after moving from Teamviewer is when installing trying to figure out the streamer vs. just installing one .exe file that does everything.

RN

Ryan N.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

If you are using TeamViewer - Switch now!

It has been good. I was searching for an alternative to TeamViewer that wasn't going to kill my one-man-company. This lets me manage the few servers I need too without having to pay a ton of cash. The file transfer works great, and the screen sharing is solid. Stays connected for DAYS.

Pros

It works way better than other screen sharing apps I have used. It just works. I also like the cost - compared to teamviewer, it is more reasonably priced and I don't have to fight bugs all the time. It works when you switch to wifi - long time teamviewer bug!

Cons

The only problem I have had (and it was short lived) was that it is easy to close the remote client accidentally. Once you realize it needs to stay running (and don't close the tray icon) - you don't have any problems. I caught this very early on.

International Affairs, 11-50 employees

Easy-to-use and deploy solution for remote access with super service

Excellent.

Pros

Multi-monitors management; Easy access from PC to PC remotely; Management of users and access made simple; Quality of service and support.

Cons

Some missing tools compare to Teamviewer.

Dmitry M.

Amazing Value for your Money

Pros

I really like the copy and paste feature. Makes files transfer a lot more easier and convenient. I wish my clients had faster internet though.

Cons

I found it a bit challenging assigning users to computers at first. But once you figure it out, it is relatively simple process.

SC

Steven C.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Excellent User Experience!

I'm able to work remotely with no loss of productivity and also able to provide support to other users who do not know how to solve computer issues themselves.

Pros

I was particularly impressed with the sound transfer features of the software. I selected my desired sound settings on setup of the program, rather than having to select it with each session. There was no delay or latency and the full screen function makes it appear that I am sitting at my office computer. The cost was low and the value very high, especially when compared to other similar software, some of which costs 10 times as much.

Cons

Two different software programs, a streamer and a business program, must be loaded. It would be nice to only have to load one program, but this was not that much of a hassle.

EG

Erika G.

Motion Pictures and Film, 11-50 employees

Best remote option so far

Pros

It's easy to access the multiple computers I need to. Bonus that I can be logged into more than one at once. I like the options for having different windows representing the different monitors and being able to move them and readjust size.

Cons

Unfortunately setting up remote audio was a hassle. Once I got it to work it's been seamless ever since. Second complaint about audio is that if you are working on Macs, you can't get audio through both the local and remote computer at the same time. Only 1 Mac will get the audio and it's not a quick function to toggle or switch between either. I've been told PCs support this function though :( this would be super helpful to have.

GD

George D.

Great Remote Access Software

Overall this software has been a godsend for us making remote access easy and simple.

Pros

This software has all the functionality of other products that cost multiple times more. It hasn't tried add a bunch of other features that aren't really related to our needs.

Cons

Having to buy individual license for each user is a little awkward and I wish it could wake up the other computers in our stores.

MM

MOE M.

Happy Camper

Simply the best solution for remote working and the cost is unbeatable. Keep up the great work Splashtop!

Pros

The product is very easy to setup and it's up and running with a click, I use it every day all day and I'm loving the fact that I don't feel like I'm connected to a remote computer. The speed is great and I can see the whole screen without any notification pop outs or other distractions, the icon bar is almost invisible when closed and it's a great feature.

Cons

I'm new to this product and it may be there already but would be nice if we could print from the local computer to the remote printer and vice a versa. same for sound.

Hi Moe, Thanks a lot for the rating :) Hope you are doing well! My name is Antonia and I am with Customer Success team at Splashtop. Regarding your review, luckily, remote printing feature is already included in our products. Here's the relevant article for your reference: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725383-REMOTE-PRINT If you would like to reach out, please contact us anytime at customer-success@splashtop.com Stay healthy and take care!

EC

Elizabeth C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Love Splashtop

My experience has been great. Was having speed issues at first, call customer service and they weren't as helpful as I would have liked. They just told me to go to the FAQ on the website and go from there. Of course nothing helped the speed that was on the FAQ but I found out from my tech guy that it was the internet on the accessed computer that was slowing me down.

Pros

I like that I am able to access up to 10 computers, I like that I am able to access multiple computer simultaneously. I also like that I am able to reboot the accessed computer with ease. I also enjoy the viewing options to ensure a clear picture of accessed computer.

Cons

I have not had a chance to utilize everything but I do wish there was a better way to message the accessed computer. I'm not sure what it looks like on the other end so not sure if they are receiving any messages.

YW

Yasmin W.

Accounting, self-employed

Outstanding Software!

In comparison, it is the best remote access for business to most out there.

Pros

The ease of use! You don't have to be a savvy tech person to use this software.

Cons

None that I can think of. Any problems I have, I can figure out within minutes.

KK

Kelly K.

Insurance, self-employed

Easy Connections

Been using it for two years and have never had an issue connecting or setting up.

Pros

Super easy to install and deploy. Doesnt take long to setup and get remoted into a clients software.

Cons

Cant deploy more than one Splashtop account on a computer.

RK

Ruth K.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Must-have software for remote workers!

I cannot imagine working remotely without Splashtop. When NY shutdown and our "essential" business had to reduce the number of workers at the office, I was left scrambling to find a solution for accessing my computer (and the company's network) from home.

Pros

Love the drag-and-drop file transfer feature, it's saved me the hassle of going into work to copy files to a removable hard drive.

Cons

Very minor issue, but there are times when the connection is slow (maybe 1 out of 10 times).

GM

Graham M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

On Top of remote access

Needed quick, easy and reliable remote acess to a couple of office desktops when everything went in to lockdown and we needed to start working remotely at short notice. The Splashtop solution worked painlessly.

Pros

I've found Splashtop Business Access to be very easy to use, both for myself and for other general users. It works well over lower bandwidth links, even for streaming video - I've successfully managed a video conference where my office PC was the host, while I was at the wrong end of a poor broadband link. A colleague uses it successfully to check the office CCTV while remote working. Dual monitor support works well.

Cons

There hasn't been anything I thought was missing. Occasionally the client fails to launch for me but it works every time on the second try, so not investigated further. Heart stopping moment when updating the software on the remote machine but actually it worked flawlessly.

CH

Catherine H.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Splashtop Business Pro is a good choice for me

I would also like to mention that their Customer Support is excellent. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with their rep, discussing the merits of Splashtop and the various options available. He was thorough and extremely patient. I started with the 7-day trial of Splashtop Business Pro, which they extended for an extra 7 days when I needed more time. I've needed support a couple of times, and they were very responsive. Another thing I love about the choice I've made is the affordability. Some other services were going to be unjustifiably expensive for me, which led me to the search for an alternative. I don't need to offer 24/7 remote support, since I use it on an "as needed" basis, which fluctuates week by week.

Pros

After a relatively short learning curve, I was able to use this software exactly as required. I offer remote computer and device support to people who are, for the most part, over 75 years old. As such, it can be challenging to guide them through resolving their problem. Being able to offer remote access, is crucial with clients like this, because I can explain as I offer the visual. The seniors I deal with are easily confused with technology, which made guiding them through installation of the Splashtop Streamer at their end a bit tricky. This was probably the most difficult part of laying the groundwork for helping my clients. So I prepared screenshots of every step of the installation process for myself, which allowed me to guide them through installation one step at a time.

Cons

For the most part, Splashtop Business Access covers all bases for me and is definitely a crucial tool in accomplishing my work. Even so, there are two things on my "wish list", that would make the experience even better... 1. I would prefer not having to use my telephone to speak to the client, and would really appreciate if Splashtop had an audio component built into it. 2. Many of my clients have only iPads or iPhones and, to my knowledge, Splashtop does not allow for me to offer them remote support from my computer to their device. That possibility would be fantastic!

DH

Daniel H.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

How to get the best bang for your remote access buck!

My users, as well as myself, enjoy the simplicity and ease of use of this software and how it gets out of the way and allows us to concentrate on our workflow.

Pros

This product was very easy to deploy, setup and install for the administrator as well as the end users.

Cons

The ability to show only online/active computers and users on the web portal management/sessions page.

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop. We take great pride in the simplicity and capability of our software. It's our pleasure to have a surveying and mapping business on board. Regarding your feedback, may we know more about your concern? So that we will be able to know how to improve us to deliver our next level of remote access software. Please share with us at Feedback@splashtop.com Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon ;-) Stay healthy and take care!

JS

James S.

Oil & Energy, self-employed

Splashtop provides value in a provided service

Very good! It has provided seamless operations for myself as a remote administrator of a dental practice, retail establishments and a golf course. Along with family members as required.

Pros

It works, it is there when I need it, works on the platforms/OS's I need. The software is responsive and has improved with age.

Cons

My least items were from years ago. It has worked very well for my requirements. Woks better than LogMeIn for Mac's, that's a biggie as that's an elderly family member I assist remotely.

LA

Lance A.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Leader of the pack

Through the various subscription options, I can be the superhero I need to be without using proximity as an excuse/crutch. With Splashtop, I can investigate and resolve most any problem using an Internet connected device. Whether I'm in the office, at home or out of reach, all I need is the Internet and I'm my company's biggest and best problem solver.

Pros

Everything...and I mean it. Splashtop is lightweight, easy to deploy, has tons of features/options, etc. All the features a small business can/will actually use and at a price-point that isn't considered abusive.

Cons

The key word being "did", I was one of the very first to try something not named LMI. At that time, Splashtop was rudimentary and lacked a tremendous amount of functionality. But that's all in the past now. I still use LMI and TeamViewer in various capacities and for different reasons (not by choice), but my go-to is (and has been for 3 years now) SPLASHTOP. For the form, feature and function, there's nothing in the pay-for space that even comes close, period.

AB

Andreas B.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Splashtop replaces Teamviewer for veterinary practice

Very good experience. All members of my team who are using it were immediately on board and delighted how it did not require any learning curve at all, even for those who had not been Teamviewer users before.

Pros

I needed a cheaper, easier-to-use remote connection solution for my team. We were using Teamviewer but did not need most of their features and found it to be overpriced for our needs. Splashtop business has everything we need and more - for a fraction of the cost. The mobile app is also easier to use and more stable the mobile app from Teamviewer.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I have an install problem of the streamer on one computer and will need to sort it out with support once I have the time during the day. But I have not found any negative issue with Splashtop business yet.

Hi Andreas, Thanks a lot for the rating and comment. Splashtop is well recognized by millions of users to deliver the best remote desktop experience with the most reasonable pricing. We truly appreciate your business and we're so grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please feel free to contact us if you need our assistance. Thanks again for choosing Splashtop! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

PK

Peter K.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Cost-effective remote access

We had a stand alone license and Splashtop assisted us in converting it to a team license, once we realized we needed more people to remotely access their computer - thank you.

Pros

Splashtop was installed by our IT support team ISServices. The installations were quick and easy - some were performed remotely. Splashtop allows for easy SOS support from out IT support team. For our remote workers with sensitive info, Splashtop allows you to "blank" the remote screen for better security. Multiple screen support works great.

Cons

Some of the mouse buttons do not seem to "transfer". I have a back button that does not work across Splashtop. Appears to need a solid network connection and speed for good performance. File transfer does not work with network drives. None of these are deal breakers - the value is great!