Filevine Reviews

Pros

Overall experience with Filevine has been amazing. Everyone in the office seems to love it and it works very smoothly with what we use it for.

Kimberly I.

Everything can be customized. The text features are great too, it's always so nice to be able to read back and reference texts between the client and attorney or the client and myself.

Kimiko W.

The flexibility of Filevine to match our firm's specific needs has been wonderful. The Filevine Outlook extension is particularly helpful in aiding communications.

Hannah G.

Cons

I made an error by entering some info into the wrong project - I was unable to delete it.

Kimberly D.

They are unresponsive to these concerns, with their standard response being that we should just do more training. The system is clumsy and the customer service is awful.

Michael T.

So in addition to wasting all the money we spent on training, we wasted a full day of work.

Michael T.

Great app but terrible customer service

Optimistic but very frustrated by terrible customer service and lack of implementation services.

Pros

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out. But FileVine is very innovative.

Cons

The customer service is some of the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. You are better off getting support from Google than from FileVine. I've been emailing them for seven months on one simple issue and six months on another and they won't even respond to my emails. You are on your own.

Hi Joel, we're sorry to hear that you weren't able to give us strong scores on service--our Director of Customer Success has reached out to you to discuss your support experience. We take your feedback very seriously and will do all we can to ensure any improvements which need to be made are appropriately addressed. That said, we are glad to see you are still enjoying the vision and functionality of Filevine and hope we can bring your service experience up to par with the rest of your experience.

Best Legal Software... Period!

File Vine has helped push our law firm to one of the Best Law Firms in our area! But, shh... don't tell anyone how small we are. File Vine is a very top notch friendly group of professionals who go above and beyond and very happy to help their clients succeed. Very hands on with training, onboarding and 24/7 support. If you forget what you learned, their help section guidelines and online support...

Pros

Access our case files from anywhere, phone, tablet, and computer at home! Ability to text back and forth to our clients within their case file. One click generated Welcome letters, contracts, Medical records requests, Demand letters, and many more to reduce the repetitive tasks and time. Outlook calendar and Outlook emails dumped into our clients case files. The generated documents, sent to clients, signed and dumped in case files. Task flows and deadline chains with instant notifications to those who need to know. There are so many more features I like, I can go on and on.

Cons

File Vine listens to their customers and constantly improving and adding new features so there is not a lot that I don't like about them. They can integrate for you or you can do it yourself. Pretty easy, a little time consuming but it helps you to update and weed out your junk before transferring over to FV.

Filevine Review

Pros

I love the texting feature so that I don't have to give out my personal cell phone number.

Cons

I don't like that the calendar doesn't alert you to upcoming appointments like our previous program did.

Run - Do Not Walk - From Filevine

Using Filevine was a waste of a year that I wish I could have back. A complete disaster. Make sure you have a backup of all documents you give them or upload into Filevine. My experience with Filevine is that they check ethics at the door and will say and do anything for a sale. They only hold the keys to all of your practice's information and documents, so best of luck with that.

Pros

Literally nothing. At the end of the day, Filevine was the most expensive version of Dropbox or Box - not a practice management solution - possible, so, if that is of any interest, read on.

Cons

Filevine indicated to me that they were very experienced at migrating data over from the practice management software I had been using. A YEAR AFTER retaining Filevine, it was still NOT done and was a complete disaster. If you ever want to see your documents again, run - do not walk - from Filevine. A YEAR after retaining Filevine, they still had not done any of the customization that they promised,...

Hi Richard, in looking at your experience, we'd love to address a few items. We reached out many times and were unsuccessful in reaching you, and even flew our Director of Implementation to San Diego to help you design your template to fit your needs. The visit was pre-planned and confirmed with you, but we are sorry if it still seemed a surprise. These efforts, along with many trainings and hours...

Love Using Filevine

Overall experience with Filevine has been amazing! Everyone in the office seems to love it and it works very smoothly with what we use it for!

Pros

The integration of this product was a bit agitating because it was hard to implement Time Matters documentation into Filevine. Once it was finally complete, however, it has worked like a charm. The Filevine team were also very understanding to our specific dilemma and did what they could to pull all the data we needed from Time Matters.

Cons

I wish it were easier to do the templates. I just don't have the time to enter all the codes needed and honestly don't fully understand how to do it, so it's a bit difficult.

Next Level Case Management System

Amazing business led by innovators in the legal case management space. Always willing to listen to your thoughts and create solutions for your business needs.

Pros

The software is limitless. We are able to integrate with multiple platforms without any issues.

Cons

Only draw back so far is implementation. With any technology you are going to have a slow down in production to start but we have seen significant benefits once the staff have all been trained.

Functional and Reliable

The system has been very beneficial for our purposes. We have not fully implemented and utilized the billing and settlement features.

Pros

The Filevine Software was integrated into our law practice with all the modifications we needed. It provides features that allow us to maintain all our client information in one system with designated users. This software even allows us to fax, text and receive messages from clients, providers and others through our mailroom feature. It is truly an innovative expandable package with good technical support for any purpose.

Cons

Integration into our business was an extended process requiring our personal involvement. The least likeable feature thus far is the import of external files from outside the system.

Great software; billing needs help

FileVine has been a vital addition to our company and we love it!

Pros

The ease of use is by far the nicest aspect of the software. I also like how frequently the product is improved and new features are added.

Cons

As a law firm, the billing, timekeeping, and invoicing could use more flexibility like the rest of the software; i.e. being able to export as an excel spreadsheet or word document; allow for more malleability with tracking dollars and hours and utilizing those factors in reporting; being able to view by hours or by dollars. Etc.

Great case mgmt. software

Pros

Filevine has made a huge difference in our law firm, and has helped us tremendously. It's very easy to use. Has amazing features. It comes in handy when you're not close to a computer you could just log on in your phone.

Cons

To be honest I haven't encountered any difficulties throughout the time we have been using this case mgmt. software.

Great File System

Filevine has made it much easier and simpler to organize cases and keep up with what phase they are in / recent activity made within the cases.

Pros

I like the project feed feature most as it helps make it much easier to keep up with the flow and organization of our cases.

Cons

I don't like the editing PDF feature because it is difficult to use, I usually use Adobe PDF to edit PDFs instead of Filevine.

Cutting edge document management software

It's been much easier to save docs, store docs, and also retrieve files thru the search engine. The activity feed is a must have feature and is simple to add. I also love the ability to hashtag certain docs with passwords such as for medical records and the various views you can see docs in (one page, side by side, etc.) Our overall experience has been excellent, looking forward to continuing improvements and continuing to master the software.

Pros

The product was easy to use and was installed and integrated with the assistance of our IT professional. The features I find most impactful are the search capabilities between individual client folders, the ability to see multiples calendars at once without overlapping. I also love the activity feed to post and get up to date on the latest events in every case without having to search endless folders and screens. I could go on and on but it's also very simple to upload docs as it's a simple drag and drop from anywhere on your PC directly into the specific client folder you need.

Cons

The one thing I continually don't like is when I open a client folder, I'm unable to sort the documents in date order. At times, I need to go back to a certain date and the docs don't sort in that fashion or stay in any sort of order. I like how the docs tend to group by how you name them, but would love to see a date sort added.

Easy to use, tons of features, and customizable!

We had a pretty robust program in place before it had some deficiencies and needed to be updated. FileVine allows us to text our clients from the program which has been a great feature to have. We are also taking advantage of the faxes through FileVine and those go straight in/out of the program or even the matter. That allows for much quicker sending, saving and "filing" of the fax.

Pros

There are so many great features in FileVine. The program is customizable to suit your needs. They are constantly updating the program and adding new features or adding enhancements to make the existing features work better. Customer support is easy to reach and quick to respond. We really like the fact that we can text our clients from inside the program and it's saved to their matter. This allows us more flexibility to communicate with our clients in a manner that they choose. It has also been good for sending out quick reminders about appointments. FileVine listens to their customers, evaluates the feedback and determines if they can make updates to make the user's life is easier. We've suggested several things that we've seen come to life inside the program, making it better each time!

Cons

It's not really a negative, but just be prepared that implementation does take a little bit of time so you should be patient. Part of that is based on the user's timeline and when they have the shell set up as they want it. Then any existing data has to be imported into a test area, reviewed and then imported in the live program. So the process will move quicker or slower depending on how much time...

Great Product that Continues to Give

My overall experience is great. I do wish that there was more available support.

Pros

I handled the development for our PI department and I found the support page and the training sessions that you can sign up for were very specific in what they were teaching and were very helpful. When it came to launching and training my staff, I found it a lot easier than expected.

Cons

I don't like that we are not told when there is a bug that your team is working out. For example, fax and email attachments were not going into our folders from the feed. When we reached out to report the issue, they were already aware of it and working on it. Meanwhile, we had no idea how long it had been an issue so we had to go back thru the activity feed of all our projects to make sure everything...

Time Saver

Doc+ is still not as functional and userfriendly. The view of documents and folders. It would be very beneficial to have an option to view all of the documents in the folders and subfolders at one time rather than having to click into each subfolder to see what is in it. This process takes up valuable time.

Pros

This software has made it easy for our team members to track daily tasks and team members activities. This software has also helped us to stream line communication on our files which ultimately saves time for the team and the client

Cons

I believe Doc plus isn't as functional and easy as it could be. I believe it would be very beneficial to be able to see all the items in docs folders in one view rather than having to click in each individual subfolder

Game Changing Software

I used TrialWorks for over 11 years with my prior firm and started my new practice with it. Within a couple months I demoed multiple other case management software's for my personal injury practice. Filevine was by far the most superior out of all of the choices. I am very pleased with the Filevine.

Pros

The software allows you to have a birds eye view of everything going on in the cases in my office. It also allows me to run excellent reports and manage teams efficiently and effectively.

Cons

The email integration is not the most ideal, but it has gotten better. Sometimes the document generation is slow.

Good Answer to a Small Practice

Communication between employees with tasks that can be entered per client helps to keep on top of things. Everything is organized, which we like, so it streamlines the process. Most work involved is simply setting the cases up by entering data but t's all fill in the blanks

Pros

We like that this software is mostly customizable. We are a small firm and do not need all the bells and whistles that large firms might utilize so it is nice to design the format for how we do business. Mostly, we like that, since it is in the cloud, we can work with it no matter where we are which was a huge help in 2020 while working at home.

Cons

Improvements are being made all the time and if there is an area that needs improvement, we can enter it at the website and it will be reviewed and changed if enough people agree with our assessment. So there's not a lot to dislike as most are small things that don't affect the overall production. Maybe that the yield section determining settlement could include liens.

If you have at least a little tech savvy, Filevine is the best

I love the product. Period.

Pros

The ready customizability of key features of the platform (database structure, document generation, reporting, deadline and calendar management, and so on) can really, really compound your team's efforts and reduce errors by forcing folks to do things the right way every time.

Cons

There are plenty of features that could use one or two little tweaks that would make things easier or better for my use case, but nothing that makes me grind my teeth on a regular basis. The one thing that I wish was consistently better is user-support related to the API. The general customer support and how-to articles are fantastic. The API documentation is OK, and the team is knowledgeable, but it can be hard to get them because, I assume, they are quite busy.

Goodbye server!

Filevine has allowed us to be much more nimble in working remotely for all employees, replaced our server, provided increased and accurate communication in our firm on cases, allows us to share parts of the file with clients, allows client communication with text messages, and permits easy customizing to further suit our practice area which is ERISA and disability benefits. In a nutshell, it has been wonderful.

Pros

Filevine came along at the right time as we had to attorneys who were working remotely. We had consistent difficulties with our server and of course that made them entirely unproductive. Filevine worked wonderfully in replacing our server and eliminating those growing costs. It is secure user-friendly and honestly the more you use it the more power you see it has. We are now greatly expanding our form letter database although we have been using a number of letters with it for over a year now.

Cons

We previously utilized Needles and the reports with Needles were very helpful especially when two or more attorneys worked on the same case. We were able to separate out the attorney time using the Needles reports. Our attorneys are paid based on their productivity and such reports were very beneficial. Filevine does not have those reports but that really is the only negative that we have seen so far.

FileVine Rocks!

FileVine has finally brought our firm into the 21st Century!! We are now able to streamline our intake/sign-up process; easily manage/maintain our documents bringing us closer to our goal of being a paperless office; more efficiently communicate with our clients; and keep our paralegals on track with managing case loads. The sales team and support staff were absolutely amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the FileVine team went above and beyond to accommodate our firm, including, providing 3 separate demos to make sure EVERYONE involved in the decision making understood what was going on. LOVE. FILEVINE.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Input and updates to case info super quick and easy. The most efficient CM software I've used in the 25 years of being a paralegal. LOVE the customization

Cons

Honestly haven't found anything I don't like yet. Only thing I would like to see...only to accommodate some of our old-school staff, is some type of integration or syncing with QuickBooks. I believe it is available but is time consuming (on the programming end) and expensive?

SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST

ALTHOUGH THEY ARE VERY NICE, THEY DO NOT NEARLY HAVE ENOUGH STAFF. THEY ESPECIALLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF. IMPLEMENTATION WAS A STRUGGLE AND I HESITATE TO ASK FOR ANYTHING BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS. HOWEVER THE PROGRAM ITSELF HAS BEEN GREAT NOW THAT IT IS IMPLEMENTED (IT TOOK OVER 9 MONTHS FOR US TO GET UP AND RUNNING AND COST A LOT IN ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE AND OVERTIME FOR OUR STAFF).

Pros

CUSTOMIZATION (A BIG ONE), REPORTING, EASE OF TRAINING/LEARNING FOR STAFF, KIND CUSTOMER SERVICE, SYNCING WITH OUTLOOK, DOCUMENT DRAFTING AND ORGANIZATION, STAFF PRODUCTIVITY MONITORING, DOCUMENT MERGING AND EASE OF CREATION OF TEMPLATES (ALTHOUGH MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT FULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE THEM OVER AND OVER).

Cons

CERTAIN THINGS DON'T MAKE SENSE AND CAN'T BE CHANGED. EX. NO SPOT FOR SUBRO LIENS IN THE DRAFT CLOSING TAB, SORTING OF REMINDERS IS OLDEST TO NEWEST AND YOU CANNOT FILTER FOR OPEN REMINDERS (SO YOU HAVE TO SCROLL FOREVER ON AN OLDER CASE TO GET TO THE OPEN REMINDERS), CAN ONLY ASSIGN ONE COST/TRUST ACCOUNT PER ORGANIZATION FOR SYNCING WITH QB (EVEN THOUGH IRS REQUIRES A SEPARATE ACCOUNT PER CLIENT...

Hi Eowyn, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that implementation was a difficult process for your firm. We hope to continue making improvements to our implementation process so that things are smoother in the future, but we're glad to see that you're getting value now that everything is set up. We read through the issues you reported and spoke with our team. Your Customer Success Manager and our Head of Support said they had a few ideas in mind to could help. Our Director of Solutions Engineering also mentioned they'd be happy to take a look to find ways we can improve the setup or workflow. Let us know if you're interested in hopping on a call. Thanks again for being an awesome customer. We hope that we can continue to make Filevine even better for your team.

Customizable & Headache Free

I discovered Filevine after using two other case management programs. The first one I tried was fine, but it was too generic for my law practice. The second one I tried was more tailored to my area of law, but it was a headache to learn and lacked any ability to customize the program to work the way I like to work. Enter Filevine. Filevine lets users tailor the program to have features that users want instead of delivering static features that force users to adjuster their workflows to suit the software. The program is easy to use, has a pleasing interface, and the onboarding experience is awesome. I was guided step-by-step through the program so that when I was set loose with the program, I could hit the ground running.

Pros

The ability to customize the program so that it works the way you work.

Cons

The details I would change are very minor.

Thanks for the review Eric! Filevine is all about giving you the ability to run your practice the way that you've envisioned. Happy to hear that you're loving it!

Filevine Review

Overall Filevine has been great. Implementation was a beast but after you get through that process its smooth sailing and only minor tweeks are needed to maintain the product. Since it's cloud based it has been a life saver as far as remote workers. As long as the user has an internet connection they can access all of the law firms cases and Filevine manages all updates and security.

Pros

What I like most about Filevine is its high level of customization. We migrated to Filevine from Lexis Nexis Time Matters and we were able to map every field in Filevine to an existing field in Filevine. We did not lose ANY functionality of data availability when we migrated, which was our primary concern when we first purchased the product.

Cons

What I liked least about the software was the implementation of the product. This may sound like a contradiction since I said what I liked most about the software was its customization abilities, but setting up the product required one of our employees work full time on the setup for over 3 months. The Filevine implementation team was great but the setup required so many customizations that it required multiple months of product customizations, then testing, then remediation and then the process started all over again for another case type. Disclaimer : We set up a LOT of case types in Filevine.

The Best!

I lover it!

Pros

I love how friendly usage this program is! Very up to date, very new and fresh! I will recommend it to anyone with my eyes closed.

Cons

I wish we were able to view CDs like MRIs, X-rays and etc.

Takes Your Solo Practice to the Next Level

With Filevine's help, I've been able to increase three-fold the number of active cases I feel comfortable handling. It's a great product, with a great support team. I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you already have a billing program you like and don't want to change.

Pros

This software adapts to the way you practice law. You don't organize your cases the way a vendor tells you to, you do it your way. You use your own, trusted, time-tested checklists and processes. But Filevine takes what you have built over your career to the next level by allowing you to streamline intake, and standard tasks you do in every case. The best way I can put is I don't need to cut-and-pate any more. I just click a button and I'm ready to serve standard sets of discovery. I don't need guess whether we ordered a court reporter for a deposition. There's a "Yes" or "No" button that says we did or didn't. I don't even need to manually check when we last did something on a case--I just click a button and a report tells me when the last activity occurred.

Cons

The set-up time is significant, especially if you are particular about the way things need to look and feel. But that's to be expected for something you can customize from the ground up. Outlook integration could be better, but it has improved since I've come on board. All signs indicate it's going to continue to get better.

review

I like it. But it isn't a perfect 10 product.

Pros

that the system does update, that the company does work on it.

Cons

its isn't as user friendly as it could be with changing things about the practice areas. it does take a significant amount of work to dig into the weeds to figure out how to auto-generate documents.