ActiveCampaign Logo

User ratings

4.6

1.6K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The team is great with helping you troubleshoot any problems and my team loves how easy it is to use.

LD

Lucy D.

I really love and appreciate the ease of use. It's super easy to throw together an email, assign tags, create lists, etc.

TL

Talya L.

I am so happy to have Active Campaign on board. It is just what I needed to help promote my online program.

Es

Edie s.

And that hurt our webinar registration for that week (which was a bummer) and we found out about this on the day of the webinar.

SB

Shaq B.

The major problem is the lack of ability to copy an email to more than the recipient. The lack of this feature is putting the continued use of this product in doubt.

AP

Adam P.

I've a problem to pay for my upgrade plan due to an currency problem. The website automatically converts the price to my local currency.

Filipe A.

HubSpot Marketing Hub-logocaret
+ 21

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Compare both
How would you rate ActiveCampaign?

1,616 reviews

Rachel W.

Co-Founder + Lead Practitioner

Online Media, self-employed

The best ESP out there.

Transcript

Rachel W.: My name is Rachel. I'm a licensed mental health therapist working in the mental healthcare...

One-stop shop for more than just emails

Transcript

Justin: My name is Justin. I am the content marketing strategist for a church media company, and I give...

The Last Email Marketing Tool I'ld Ever Need

Pros

1. Powerful Native Integrations 2. Open API With A Lot of Options 3. World's Best Email Automation Builder 4. Powerful Segmentation 5. Site & Event Tracking 6. Reply Tracking 7. Awesome Customer Support

Cons

1. Sometimes platform doesn't load perfectly due to caching

Active Campaign: Very good CRM on a budget

I totally recommend AC. There may be better options there like Hubspot, but AC is at a fraction of the cost and I think it covers most of what you could need as a small-medium company.

Pros

AC is a great solution, full of features that should be enough to cover Basic-To-Medium needs. It's very easy to use and the price is perfect for what you receive. Support is also great.

Cons

The reporting side of things is a bit limited, I miss better tools to report on what's going on in terms of campaign activations or simply status on deals and contacts.

Slow and exasperating support that gets worse and Partnership Program frustating and limited

Finally and also important the affiliate partner system is also very limited where you can even know the name of your clients in your own panel and again the support is slow. It doesn't matter the number of accounts you manage they treat you like a common customer with slow attention protocols.

Pros

Initially has good functionalities but the support makes it all wrong. We have been using Active Campaign for more than 2 years. Things are getting worse with each month.

Cons

The top-tier support for WooCommerce Deep Data Integration Pluging takes literally months to attend and solve easy questions or difficult questions and they even don't solve them. The low-level support has a standard not useful protocol to gather evidence that only delays and makes things worse. They literraly don't read the tickets and ask the information already offered. When the ticket pass to...

Powerful, near enterprise grade Marketing Automation system

Extremely high value Marketing Automation system priced at a highly competitive rate to traditional enterprise tier Marketing Automation/CRM solutions while meeting almost 80-90% of the features and functions of traditional enterprise solutions. Many organisations that are currently on enterprise Marketing Automation solutions could easily migrate to ActiveCampaign and see a better Ux for their teams and significant savings of over 70% on their tooling costs.

Pros

A step up from most Email Marketing tools that brings a powerful Marketing CRM and automation system. Highly competitive against the enterprise grade platforms of Hubspot and Marketo. Brings much of the day to day functionality you will typically need and avoids a lot of the excess and bloat of the larger enterprise platforms. Easy to setup and build automations and campaigns. Very cost effective Marketing Automation CRM that integrates well with all other Enterprise tools

Cons

Field management and auto-fill functionality is lack. Email/Templates builder while works well is very rigid and locks in to the system, requiring custom builds to be made inside the platform. Little to no documentation or functionality for importation of external builds.

The best tool to convert customers by mail

very very good. I have managed up to 30000 contacts and the percentage of undelivered contacts is very low. The control over the sendings and the high conversion make it the best email tool.

Pros

The level of personalization of the labels to create automatisms in future mailings. To be able to segment a lot and extend the sending of campaigns on a daily basis. And once achieved, to segment automatically to customers achieved.

Cons

The minimum price is very high, which means that my campaigns can only last 3 or 4 months, because if the conversion rate is not high, it is an expensive tool.

Good but expensive

I have been able to automate and grow my business but prices in massive niches skyrocket and impact the ROI of your business.

Pros

The automatization is easy to implement and it is possible to make different recipes

Cons

Is difficult to scalate in a massive niche considering the price of this tool.

One of the best email marketing platfroms

Pros

I like the incredible features of email automation, I have used some of these features to create long multiple automation sequences for 3D virtual labs platform that I was promoting and it helped me a lot to know more about the online behavior of my leads and customers and how they interact with each email messages and how many of them buy from the website.

Cons

I think that ActiveCampain needs to increase their customer support agents availability, as there are email marketing platforms that charges less and have 24/7 customer support chat.

It's an easy to use CRM

Overall we are very satisfied, it gets the job done.

Pros

Dales pipeline management is really easy to manage. We've used ActiveCampaign since more than 4 years ago and the software's been really up to par to what our clients need.

Cons

Pricing and support have change negatively over time, reports are also lacking and integrations with social media platforms as well.

Active Campaign - A Must Have

Active Campaign helps me send segmented communications over a long period of time without any manual work. The tags can be added and removed automatically!

Pros

This product can do so much. Even if you are just looking for an email system, this is the one to get. It can grow as your organization grows. There are so many small, backend things I used to do manually that I can automate. It's incredible.

Cons

The setup takes a LONG time in terms of getting every automation up and going. The great part is that they provide excellent onboarding, and their support team is out of this world good and patient.

The best value for the price point

My email list has grown significantly and more importantly, I have an intentional way to grow and manage my list well.

Pros

I was looking for email management, landing pages, and tagging functionality. What I wanted to accomplish was not feasible from a price perspective with some other software packages. It was too expensive to add on all the right tools. Likewise, something cheap was not going to meet my needs either. AC has been a perfect compromise.

Cons

While AC does a really good job at onboarding, it's still a little steep of a learning curve. I'd love some more contextual tips, recipes, and/or internal resources to build out some key features.

Active Campaign

I had tried using several other free email services in the past. Getting people to actually sign up was nearly impossible, even offering discounts and more, hardly anyone ever clicked "subscribe"- Active campaign allowed me to create a pop up window integrated with my website design, that will only pop up once on the main page for first time viewers (or until the cache is cleared). I also created a...

Pros

The sole reason I decided to start a free trial with this software was because of the complete customization allowed for your email sign-ups and pop-up windows. No one likes to click though email sign-ups that look out of place or run by a 3rd party. With this I could create a system that blended seamlessly with my current website, allowing everything to look 100% integrated into the site itself.

Cons

So far the system has more functionalities than I will likely ever use. However, this is not a 'dislike'. While there are many functions I don't currently need (or understand) there may be a day that I use them, and there are several tutorials and documents available to help me understand these other features. Nothing about the system so far could qualify as something I dislike.

Elite Features at a Great Price Point

AC gives us everything we need for ~10% the cost of some of the "bigger " options. Cracks show if you look deep, the overall product is as advertised. If you're into automation – in the true sense – you'll love it.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is built around automation, rather than flashy UI. It's a tremendous toolbox – deep hooks into other systems (often via Zapier), simple workflow and journey builders, easy data management. You can run a multi-million dollar marketing program on AC ... and we do.

Cons

AC can be slow at times, and some "killer features" of other products – pre-form user tracking on the website, flashy reporting – lack.

An important tool for preparing effective online marketing campaigns and following up on customers.

The current phase and future developments necessitate the presence of an experienced platform that can assist you in competing in extremely turbulent marketplaces, and ActiveCampaign is the appropriate option. It enables the assignment of potential connections and clients, making it easier to communicate with clients via email depending on their interests. Additionally, the graphs and statistics you obtain will assist you in developing plans based on correct advice.

Pros

I enjoy the way ActiveCampaign displays information because it assists you in optimizing your services. The platform eliminates the requirement for users of varying skill levels to use multiple programs by centralizing all records in a single location that can be accessed from anywhere at any time. ActiveCampaign's advanced marketing tools enable you to create and save lists of potential customers...

Cons

I had no technical issues when using ActiveCampaign, and the user interface is fantastic and simplifies the process of accessing various tools and reports, but the work team need easy exercises to effectively use the platform and get the intended results.

Active Campaign is the best email marketing software for startup brands & solopreneurs

The business problem I'm solving with Active Campaign is I needed email marketing software to collect the leads my business attracts, and place them in various different autoresponder sequences so my message can be delivered to my audience. Uplifting my readers until they feel comfortable becoming a buyer. Active Campaign has helped me create numerous buyers by spreading my message in a dependable way.

Pros

What I like most about Active Campaign is for the incredible power it gives you, it is fairly simple to use. Active Campaign allows you to deploy the most complex and profitable email marketing strategies known today such as deploying Soap Opera Sequences. They have a very convenient mobile app that they improve every year. They are also run by passionate people, that care about making an impact. It also doesn't hurt that getting started with Active Campaign is very affordable.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the email editor is still fairly clunky to use. It's not terrible. But recently there have been a few other new contenders with much more fun to use email editors such as Convertkit. However, Active Campaign's power and development roadmap keep me using Active Campaign over Convertkit. Active Campaign integrates with almost everything.

A powerful, simple and fast implementation tool.

I managed to put together a complex project in record time thanks to AC because I had to incorporate a group of participating entrepreneurs in a very short time. Before it was a huge job calling and explaining the project one by one. This time we managed the entire funnel with AC and I was amazed at how quickly we were able to move forward.

Pros

It is a very powerful tool. I am very happy with the decision. The UX is very nice and simple. Uploading and cleaning my databases was simple and very fast, as was using one of its many standard formats to launch my first campaign. The entire reporting system is complete and you have real-time information on the performance of the campaigns. The A / B tests fascinated me: I went from 28% open to + 55% adjusting only the "subject". On the other hand, webinars are very powerful: specific, agile and very detailed. Also the attendance, the help library and the follow-up mailings.

Cons

It took me a bit to understand the difference between "lists" and "contacts" to perform the segmentations. I have done some basic integrations that work very well, although I think the potential is huge, I need to spend more time for that.

This review was translated from Spanish. Read original review

Activecampaign Best email marketing software

My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.

Pros

It is an excellent platform, the CRM is very intuitive and the follow-up it gives to customers through automations is excellent, it is capable of sending automated emails or mass emails, since it has some add-ins that are very much in line with the job. . I am dedicated to digital marketing and this system has been very useful for me to be able to organize myself without the need for more paper or old Excel techniques. I highly recommend it for different types of businesses because it is also very adaptive to whatever you want to do. Highlights are CRM and sales automation, marketing reporting and analytics, contact management, and A / B testing

Cons

It is difficult to use at the beginning, I would say that it has a learning curve of medium difficulty

My ActiveCampaign Review

Overall, I am IMPRESSED with ActiveCampaign! As an email marketer, I've used a couple of other email marketing software and nothing beats ActiveCampaign so far when it comes to their software features and customer service. I literally recommend ActiveCampaign EVERYWHERE which is why I was able to convert my client to migrate to ActiveCampaign.

Pros

I love that their user interface is very functional and easy to understand and use. I've been using ActiveCampaign from a little over a year now and there are still so many features I discover that helps me and my clients every time.

Cons

I guess an area they can improve on is their loading time. Sometimes it takes a while for things to load when I use ActiveCampaign heavily.

Easy Organization Of My List & My Favorite CRM

My overall experience has been very good. When I was first getting to know the system I used their chat support to figure things out and they sent me step by steps screen shots and customized video walkthroughs. That's what really won me over, knowing I can do just about anything I needed and instead of trying to take half a day to figure out how to do it on my own, they simply walk me through it now.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the different mechanisms of ActiveCampaign. The tagging system is easy to use and really helps to organize my list. It also makes it so I don't have to create multiple lists and duplicate emails. I also have to say, their customer support has been awesome. Their chat support people will send me step by step screen shots on what to do and even record video for me to watch them set things up and explain how to do something. I mean seriously, their support is 5 star. They also have a really good API system. I am able to connect different pieces of software to ActiveCampaign so my contacts or organized as they come in.

Cons

I don't really have anything to add here. It's easy to use and the support is fantastic.

Best CRM for HIPAA

It's immensely positive. Their support is quick when you have questions. They are very helpful. They have teams of people there to help educate you on how to improve your implementation of the product. It's very special and encouraging.

Pros

I went into ActiveCampaign knowing nothing about CRM's. I figured it out and implemented it with ease and that's quite a contrast to Salesforce, SugarCRM, KEAP. The interface is easy to understand and setup is intuitive. Support is incredible and they are constantly improving the product and hiring good people. When they add new products they are well planned out and tested.

Cons

I wish they would add conditional logic to forms. Their API support for developers could also be improved. They could also add more form types to allow a question by question path like Typeform but that's minor.

I always recommend Active Campaign for Funnels and Lead Nurturing strategies.

Active campaign has helped me a lot with developing my main service which is to create, implement and optimize funnels for different companies in wide niches.

Pros

What i love about this software is the sequence automations, use of tags and goals. They are time savers and easy to use once you understand the logic. It does not take great time to learn either. There is a lot of useful blog posts and documentations to achieve the goals plus a Facebook Group community if very specific help is needed.

Cons

Loading time. Would like to have a faster loading time when it comes to saving emails, creating landing pages and reports.

Active Campaign LOVE!

I LOVE ActiveCampaign. I feel that the tools are evolving and relevant for my business. It has transformed my ability to identify leads, track their progress, convert contacts into members, and track and respond to their journey within my website and club.

Pros

I was with MailChimp. I moved to ActiveCampaign for the features that I am most fond of and use the most. Those are list segmentation, CRM, their existing recipe to help build automation, the automation functionality, in-depth segmentation, and tracking every move a contact makes. The transition was seamless; ActiveCampaign moved my whole list for me. I was a bit overwhelmed at first because of the high level of functionality. But, their customer service and support are the best I've encountered in any company that I deal with to run my business. I love them!

Cons

I don't love the functionality of the design elements in the Campaigns. Mainly, there is no way to set the overall design perimeters. So, every time you add a block, you select your font and have to reset the design. The time making adjustments adds up.

ActiveCampaign, 4 Months In

Although I'm fairly new to AC, I manage it for multiple others at my organization, so I've been deeply entrenched in it for the last 4 months. The learning curve wasn't too steep, the onboarding/training were all very good, and any time I've had an issue, the Customer Service has been top notch. There are some minor issues that are clunky (as described above) and I'd like an easier way to do reporting/analytics, but no software can do everything. All in all, their service and their respectable feature list make AC a very good value and a good choice for anyone who isn't total Type A :)

Pros

The Customer Service is stellar, especially for being chat-based. As a previous HubSpot user (which is prohibitively expensive), AC comes pretty close to delivering all the essential features and the ease of use between the two platforms is night and day. AC is, for the most part, pretty intuitive. They also have better onboarding/training.

Cons

There are some seemingly very basic features that are missing. That being said, I'm able to create 'workarounds' to get what I need, but the workarounds do cause unnecessary work. Specifically, I can't automate task assignment at the Contact or Account level so I have to create and organize wholly unnecessary Deals and Deal Pipelines to do what I need to do. The other (minor) frustration is not being...

The best email marketing software available

Overall, I have been extremely happy with ActiveCampaign and don't see myself ever switching to another provider.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is crazy powerful and has so many features that make it a fabulous selection for email marketing software. I've used a few different email marketing programs and definitely think ActiveCampaign is the best - the tagging features are way superior to a lot of the entry level offerings and the automations are fantastic. On top of this, the service is brilliant and I feel confident in the team's ability to help me with any issues I'm experiencing.

Cons

Because it is so powerful, it can be a little confusing to new users who aren't tech-savvy. There is plenty of education though, so I do believe it is worth pursuing.

Everything I wanted in marketing automation & more!

I'm blown away, to be honest. I never expected this much personal support from an ESP, and I keep winding up wonderfully surprised by just how much ActiveCampaign can do. I look forward to having this software grow with me and my business!

Pros

I made the switch to ActiveCampaign after using Mailchimp for years because I wanted the ability to get to know my contacts more intimately and to better communicate with them in personalized, relevant ways. I needed an email service provider, and what I got with ActiveCampaign was more - it's customer experience automation. I love how easy it is to get started, and how in depth this software is. The long I use it, the more I learn and am able to do with it. Also - the support from ActiveCampaign is AMAZING. I got stuck at one point early on, they could see I wasn't using the software, and someone reached out to me to help me get going again!

Cons

There is an intimidation factor, to be honest. ActiveCampaign can do SO MUCH, so when I was making the decision to switch, this caused me to pause. I was thinking - wow, it is going to take me a long time to learn this and it's frustrating to have to learn another software package. On advice from friends and colleagues in the entrepreneurial space, I decided it was worth the risk to try it out and see. And - it's true. There IS a lot. It DOES take time to learn and it is frustrating sometimes to learn how to do something that would have made things much easier if you knew it earlier.

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.