Nitro Reviews - Page 4

cs

chandra s.

Construction, 5,001-10,000 employees

best for PDF viewer

overall its good for a pdf viewer.

Pros

easy to view the pdf and zoom in zoom out selecting text copy and paste number of options are available for pdf viewing.

Cons

lack of number of editing options and simultaneous work is also missing. extracting options to different format s are missing.

MR

Miguel R.

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees

Herramienta fácil de utilizar

Tengo buena experiencia desde que lo utilizo en mi trabajo y sigo utilizando de manera continua en reporetes que realizo de manera semanal.

Pros

Lo fácil que es utilizar las funciones que me ayudan a adecuar un documento a los requerimiento de reportes, agregar paginas y quitar otras es muy fácil así como funcionar archivos y ordenar de manera fácil y rápido

Cons

No tengo desventajas que comentar en este momento en las acciones y tareas que requiero para mis necesidades de trabajo.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

EH

Elke H.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Good product but Customer Service no longer exists.

We have generally been impressed with each new version and the new features.

Pros

We have used Nitro since around version 6, and have been very happy with it. However, the software recently became a bit glitchy, and I wanted to upgrade our team licenses. I have tried FOR WEEKS to reach someone at the company. Service is a premium feature and you can't even get email assistance without other fees - but it's impossible upgrade to that feature online! I have even tried to reach sales to buy more and harmonize - zero responses, except for one auto-reply telling me to go back to the site. It's harder to reach a real person than it is at facebook.

Cons

We occasionally have to re-enter license numbers. We can't "scale" images on the pdfs to enlarge or reduce an image (just to crop).

RE

Robert E.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

My go-to pdf editor

I've used this product for years through six versions. It's intuitive and powerful.

Pros

They keep it updated, and I haven't found a feature I need that is missing

Cons

The Save As feature doesn't really work in version 12. It takes you to the wrong location.

Nikki S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great PDF Editor Without the Subscription

Nitro helped me combine PDF documents from different sources and create comprehensive reports for my clients. It did so without costing a lot or requiring a monthly subscription.

Pros

Nitro makes it easy to edit PDFs and combine or arrange PDF pages from different documents.

Cons

My use cases for Nitro have been pretty basic, so I have not uncovered any cons so far.

HA

Harris A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Decent affordable option

Decent, good option for both free and paid options

Pros

The free version offers more functionality than competition it does what it says (full read and basic annotation capabilities) i like its virtual printer which i use often to produce pdfs out of documents, web pages etc The paid (Pro) version offers advanced editing functionalities

Cons

Not something particular. Perhaps not many options to merge, or adjust quality (and size) of the pdfs, but this is common to most of the pdf viewers. For merge and adjust i use PDF SAM (Split and Merge)

MV

Mantas V.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Nitro user

Moved from their competitors and are very happy with pricing and functionality

Pros

Very cheap compared to other products, very easy to use. Finds every cell very , very easy to edit pdf files

Cons

Can be quite expensive for larger entities, doesn't open all PDF files sometimes, it might be glitch with provider

GS

GEORGE S.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Ease of converting word or spreadsheet files to PDF makes sharing files easier and more efficient.

Pros

Nitro is easy to use for beginners as well as advanced users. Its menu bar is well organized and easy to navigate. I can do a good portion of my work even if I use the basic free version. I like highlighted forms features. The Pro version allows to manage anything in the document. It is my default PDF software.

Cons

Not much is missing! Adding a couple of more features to the basic version would make it more useful to beginners, such as increasing/reducing text size and extracting text and images.

RM

Ryan M.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Highlighting and Text formatting/editing needs to improve to Adobe's Standards

Pros

I like how easy it is to search through pages and add pages to a document. Also searching text through a document .

Cons

I wish the signature function was more clear and bold when inserting it as an image. The digital signature i never was able to figure out easily and have it work for me so that is why I use the 'Insert Image' functionality tool. I also really wish the highlighting tool was better in a sense to where I could highlight the free text box that I create. It really will only let me highlight text that already exists on the document that I am able to 'Edit'. Also, if a document has a line-by-line format I wish the selection box went line by line but it formats the edit box to 4 lines or so, so sometimes I have to cut one line of a text and add a text box with that text wherever I am wanting it to go. Kind of annoying.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Gestióm de documentos

Pros

Este software tiene muchas ventajas, en el cual facilita los procesos de cualquier empresa tanto pequeña como mediana, sus caracteristica que más hemos usado y nos han ayudado es laherramientas de edición de PDF que permiten a los usuarios editar, anotar y resaltar texto, así como agregar, eliminar y reorganizar páginas; Tambien permite colaborar y compartir documentos con otros usuarios en tiempo real. Los usuarios pueden dejar comentarios y anotaciones en un documento compartido, lo que hace que la colaboración sea más fácil y eficiente. proteger documentos con contraseña, cifrar archivos y firmar digitalmente documentos, además de la Integración con otros programas como Microsoft Office.

Cons

Una posible desventaja del software Nitro es que su interfaz puede ser un poco abrumadora o confusa para algunos usuarios que no están familiarizados con el software. Tiene una amplia gama de características y herramientas, lo que puede hacer que sea difícil encontrar lo que se busca o navegar a través de las opciones. Además, requerir un poco de tiempo y esfuerzo para dominar, lo que podría ser un desafío para los usuarios menos experimentados.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Kelsi N.

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best PDF Converter for your money

Pros

Converts PDFs easily into other forms of documents. It also has a great combine and extracts feature I haven't found on other converters.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of a single con. I've used adobe before and this is 100x better

FP

Ferdinand P.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Great PDF editing tool

Been a great alternate to Adobe Acrobat. Not as expensive and does pretty much all the same things.

Pros

Easy to use PDF editing tool. Redacting is very straightforward and adding a signature line or other things is also easy to do.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment. Has been great thus far.

FS

Felipe S.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Excellent tool for enhanced PDF use

Great working tool to have the best PDFs in and out

Pros

Nitro Pro it's a very complete and professional tool to create, open, edit, annotate, share, sign and protect yous PDFs. Easy to use locally and online

Cons

The Nitro Pro version, wich is the best it's a bit pricey

JP

Jerry P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Nitro Pro is a wonderful Product that delivers a full punch

overall, im very happy with the product and will continue to use it as well as our organization .

Pros

I really appreciated the document conversion to pdf from MS Word, the GUI is really intuitive and not too complex unlike other competitors that sell either for an extraordinary price or they sell you modules that dont even work and requires constant logging into your portal , very frustrating.

Cons

Software Customer Support is very difficult to reach, we havent had an issue for over 2 years but when we did have an issue, no phone number was available, just an online case ticketing system. perhaps its gotten better over the last years? not sure.

AD

Annika D.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Just pay for DocuSign

Overall not a pleasant experience unfortunately. We really wanted to support a smaller business as opposed to docusign or adobe but it was too difficult to use

Pros

It was much much cheaper than docusign which is what we originally had for obtaining digital signatures and managing these documents.

Cons

It was extremely unintuitive to use and had a very poor UI. Eventually found ourselves being too frustrated with the UX and ended up paying the full money for docusign.

ME

Mohammed E.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

One of my favorite PDF tools so far

I use NitroPDF for all my lecture notes. It really helped me to save time while combining all my documents together

Pros

I am counting on NitroPDF all the time. It is a great tool that I use for most of my documents and I like that it is very easy to use. One of the most important functions that I use is combining my documents in to one PDF file and NitroPDF does this job in a great and fast way. Also file conversion is another great, I can convert almost all my documents format to any file extension I need. Lastly, the price of the NitroPDF Pro is very reliable and considered to be cheap compared to other softwares/

Cons

I wish if NitroPDf was available for my iPhone and iPad. Other than that it is one of my favorite PDF tools

J. L. D.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Excellent PDF Product

Clean interface, wonderful product

Pros

The free version is fantastic for a person to utilize and then find out if they need a more diverse approach

Cons

The learning curve is a little hard; but they have plenty of tutorials that will help you through the process

René Francisco T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

The best software for PDF editing

I always need to have it on my PC. Although there are periods when I do not use it, it is always good to have this tool.

Pros

This software is used essentially to edit PDF and it does it in a very easy way, being able to modify any file. It also gives you the option to pass it to other formats such as Office Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Or simply as a PNG or JPG image.

Cons

It is a program that consumes a lot of RAM and can put old computers somewhat slow, but it is not something to worry about. It also takes a long time to charge. If you simply want to read a text in PDF I do not recommend it. Lighter programs can be used.

EE

Eric E.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Could be better

The Password protect function is really good, I use it all the time. I think however there must be better software that works better with Windows 10.

Pros

I give a lot of handouts of my own material to students. Don't want them to extract it to edit it so I really like the option 'Password protect'. It's also very useful for certificates!

Cons

It doesn't always work well with Windows 10. When I print a PowerPoint tot PDF therefore I don't use the Nitro PDF Creator but Microsoft Print to PDF. For this money I would expect a better performance.

Public Safety, 10,001+ employees

Ótima ferramenta para unificar, separar e editar arquivos PDF

Ótima opção para trabalhar os arquivos pdf

Pros

O Nitro PDF resolveu meus problemas para unificar ou separar páginas dd arquivos PDF. Além disso é uma ótima opção para a digitalização OCR de arquivos pdf.

Cons

A versão gratuita é bem limitada em relação à versão paga

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

TM

Thomas M.

Entertainment, 501-1,000 employees

Couldn't work without Nitro

Pros

Nitro is brilliant software and is in my experience considerably better than any of its competitors. The functionality and ease of use is really good and in many ways is a one stop shop for document needs. From editing PDFs, OCR documents, electronically signing and converting to another document form from PDF, Nitro is able to do this with ease.

Cons

Slightly more expensive than other comparative software providers

JL

Jose Luis P.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nitro, PDF administration made easy

I use nitro to generate PDF files from all of our technical data sheets for all of the products we sell. It supported large amount of files without getting stuck. You can play with the protection optioms to ensure a proper usage of the files. I love it, I would recommend using this software without hesitation.

Pros

Mostly its easier to use than other software in the market, plus, its A LOT CHEAPER than its first competitor (Acrobat). I liked how well and fluid it worked managing large amounts of heavy files. I liked how the trial version gave me an idea of how well it behaved, to buy later the pro version.

Cons

It does not handle all the file types that Acrobat does. I dont need them right now but, you never know when those capabilities can be needed.

RM

Rajeeb M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

The Best PDF Editor/Reader Suited for Engineers

I am very happy user, Nitro is really helping me to reduce my load in daily work activities.

Pros

The best feature I like about this product is the PDF editing feature provided by the software. The merging function provided by the software is also a very use full tool i use in my daily work life schedule. It is really help to combine "n" number of documents and make it one file. Another feature i like about the product is the Digital signature, very helpful in signing the contracts of Engineering documents received from client or contractor end.

Cons

I feel that the software is up-to the mark and got any kind of bugs so far.

Innocent M.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Nitro PDF ( Review )

I used to hustle trying to convert some PDF to word or any other different format. it was so stressful since i had to use an online converter of which it's not efficient as it consumes a lot of time converting online. Now am able to convert it without a hustle.

Pros

I love this program because it has nice features which can allow you to edit, Read/View, and also you dont need to hustle converting any document. Nitro has a feature where you can convert it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and also to Image jpeg. The most i love about nitro is that i can do a digital signature and i can edit the pdf the way i want.

Cons

The Programs needs you to have a license so that you can enjoy all the features freely.

AH

Adam H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Overpriced for the value

Horrible service and support ... I can't get a response to simple questions, and when I do get a response, it takes 2-3 days. We are currently having an issue with our licensing, and they could care less. Luckily we are only 2 months out from renewal, we will be cancelling.

Pros

Nice features like signatures and stamps that are very easy to setup.

Cons

Licensing is a nightmare...if you don't keep up with each install from the very first one, you are screwed. Their customer service/"support" is an absolute joke, and they only respond every other day.