Shortlist Reviews

Pros

Most of all the customer service experience has been amazing and we are very happy with our relationship with the Shortlist team who are always on hand to solve any problems.

Michael M.

Christopher J.

User friendly, great customer support, provides innovative business solutions.

Louise F.

GABRIEL A.

Requires some change management to get people to use the tool, but is about 1% of the change needed verses other eProcurement or eSourcing tools, given how clunky and difficult they are to use.

Mat L.

Lots of capabilities, but under delivered and poor customer service.

GABRIEL A.

4.6

Excellent product! Shortlist has streamlined several of our internal freelancer management processes

A streamlined solution to freelancer management! We used to have a fragmented system that involved using several tools for various parts of freelancer management: onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, etc. We are now able to fulfill all of these duties using one single platform, which drastically cuts our admin time and creates a smoother, more consistent workflow and user experience.

Pros

From an internal perspective, Shortlist greatly reduced our admin time spent on freelancer management and allowed us to centralize many management duties. The platform helped us to streamline freelancer onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, and more. Before Shortlist, we were using several different tools to accomplish what is now done in one single platform! The...

Cons

There's nothing I explicitly dislike about the platform. However, I'd love to see more customization options, especially in regards to freelancer profiles and the internal performance tracking system.

Thanks Justine, really appreciate this!

The FMS of my dreams!

When I began the hunt for a FMS for our small start-up, I was working out of no less than five massive spreadsheets -- not to mention the hundreds of files floating around -- just to keep track of our freelance projects and payments. I found Shortlist via Google search, and from my very first contact I've been impressed with the software and especially, the team. I was able to consolidate all of my...

Pros

*Integration with Hello Sign takes so much pain out of the on-boarding process *Speaking of which, the customizable on-boarding is bar none *Payments are easy to set up and schedule *Freelancers love it *Intuitive set up; you can tell it was designed with the user experience in mind *Amazing responsiveness of team

Cons

Only one: I do a lot of bulk work, and it can get tedious as times. For example, I may have 25 of the same type of assignment going out. If I need to change the rate on them, I have to visit each one individually (can't open in new tabs), change it, and get back to the projects screen, which is now unsorted. So I have to resort to find my items and start the process again.

The premise of the platform is great - the aesthetic design and functionality sometimes lacks.

The ability to share curation with our talent pool across our various internal stakeholders.

Pros

That we can have ratings, reviews and contextual information about our talent pool. It makes curating our talent much easier.

Cons

The design feels a bit dated and the functionality fails sometimes. It feels like a product that is very much still in development and lacks polish. Also, we have not used the Project RFP/RFP functionality as much as originally anticipated - although that is not necessarily the result of the software. However, the lack of flexibility in modifying questionnaires feels clunky at best and downright annoying at worst.

Shortlist.... Any other site you need for your payment needs!

Overall i highly recommend shortlist for any contractor!

Pros

A user friendly website. While alot of people overlook this aspect I want to point out just how important it is for a site to be userfriendly. In a business there are several aspects of the workflow that need to work together and when you use a program that isn't designed to be used by all members of staff things can get bogged down very quickly. Another pro is definitely the template selection that is baked into the software so it can be detailed to a specific project you had in mind.

Cons

Maybe creating a system that allowed for certain reminders to be sent to staff that would be helpful. Overall I cannot think of any certain con's for this site.

Vital Tool for Our Business

Overall, our experience with Shortlist has been fantastic. Our business uses the tool a little differently and they have been accommodating to our needs. They are constantly improving their product and it is great to see those updates frequently. The customer service is top notch and everyone is warm and friendly. Most of my contractors are impressed with the system. They appreciate how easy it is to do business with us now that we have Shortlist.

Pros

I really like that this system allows me to keep everything in one place. I used to have information all over the place (emails, Adobe cloud, paper files, Sharepoint, word/excel files, etc). My team used to wait on me for information that they now have at the click of a button. It has streamlined my process so significantly and it costs less than hiring another person to help me.

Cons

One improvement that I would like to see is in the search function. I think it would be great if you could search certain key words in certain places of a profile. For example, in the resume, description or internal notes. It would also be nice to see the keywords highlighted so that it is obvious where in the profile it is located. Being able to preview a document without having to download would be beneficial for my team.

Thanks Jessica! These are some great suggestions for improvement. Let's cover on our next Customer Success check in call.

The perfect tool for handling a lot of people

As the only content manager at the team I am responsible for around 100 people. I have to hire, onboard new talent, and give out tasks to the already existing team of translators and voice talents and run projects parallel for many languages. Shortlist made this insanely huge and complex task mindblowingly easy. Steps that I had to do 30-50 times per project can now be done with 3 clicks. The site is super easy to use, the contractors had no problem applying, registering or later using the site and its functions.

Pros

Using Shortlist made it so much easier to handle our whole translator and voice talent team. I could move away from emails and have everything in one place from job ads, hiring, actual projects and task management to invoicing. I don't have to search back anymore in endless emails, every person and project has all the information on one site. I also love how many things can be integrated, especially the Slack notifications. We also got outstanding support from the Shortlist team, from setting up our account to monthly check-ins and personalisation.

Cons

A bit more bulk editing options would be great for the tasks, I have to enter and edit info one-by-one now for all.

Thank you!

Shortlist is great and getting better!

Customer support and the rest of team at Shortlist have been great to work with. They have followed through constantly to make sure the system is working for us and are quick to turn around any requests or answer any questions. Great customer experience!

Pros

Shortlist is user-friendly and has a lot of nice features that help me better manage my team of freelancers. I like that freelancers can set up their own profiles and set their availability, so I know at a moment's glance who will be best for a particular project.

Cons

Shortlist does have limited reporting and project-tracking features. I believe the team is constantly heading feedback and working to add new features though, which is reassuring.

Hi Nate, Thanks a lot a lot for your review! We recently launched a very extensive reporting module, We will make sure to reach out to you shortly to demonstrate this to make sure it matches your needs. Thanks again, Martin

Simple, flexible, powerful!

Shortlist.co is a fantastically versatile platform that allows easy locating, engagement, contracting and payments of freelancers, consultants and vendors. Very quick and easy to onboard preferred freelancers / consultants / vendors or use their database, a logical user friendly workflow to engage with your preferred for new service or product needs, then compare, rate and award. During the project or engagement period you can even manage to budgets and pay them.

Pros

1. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants and vendors. 2. Database of over 20,000 vendors if you don't have a preferred. 3. They provide templates for marketing briefs, contracts and response questionnaires. 4. Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along. 5. Easy comparison of responses for a quick award. 6. Budget / financial analysis provided when move into project. 7. Payment through the platform also possible. 8. Service centre to help along the process or add support where needed (covering when you are away on holiday etc).

Cons

Requires some change management to get people to use the tool, but is about 1% of the change needed verses other eProcurement or eSourcing tools, given how clunky and difficult they are to use!

Excellent product

I've been using Shortlist for over a year now, and have found in extremely useful tool for managing our agency's workforce. I've recommended Shortlist not just for my own company but to other teams that I now consult with. What it comes down to is that it solves a major issue for me when it comes to managing your workforce in one central location. Before Shortlist came around, there wasn't really any decent options to solve this. I notice also that the Shortlist team has made major steps forward with the UI/product design over the last few months. It's looking great and the new clean dashboard design will be a welcomed addition for our team.

Pros

- I think value for money - you cannot go past this. It's priced extremely well for software in this category. - Nice design. Lets face it - most of these tools look like they've been design and built by the finance team! Shortlist looks more like an Apple product. - Great customer service. When we first tried it out we were having some small issues onboarding , but Shortlist got straight back to me and helped us immensely.

Cons

The solution I have been waiting for!

Makes hiring vendors a breeze.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive interface. Met most of the initial needs and their new updates continue to impress.

Cons

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated!

Overall, the Shortlist team has exceeded my expectations! I look forward to my interactions w/ them.

-Effective process techniques for recruiting, onboarding, growing, and managing our network of partners -Enables our business to scale

Pros

-The Shortlist software enables us to do our business and be successful -User interface (UI) is intuitive to use -Friendly and personable customer support, they want to help us grow (awesome!) -Open to accommodating and exploring our needs (e.g. updated search functionality based on our needs & feedback) -Shortlist team has the technical capabilities to support our industry-specific needs -Most of our users accept and fill out their profile in <24hrs of us sending the invitation (Indicates this process doesn't take too much of their time and is easy to work through)

Cons

Not much to note here, but I'll get into the weeds so I can provide constructive feedback: The process for adding a partner to multiple groups can take a little more time than I would like. Besides that, setting up a partner profile takes a minimal amount of my time, which I value.

Thank you for your review!

A True End-to-End Workforce Management Platform

We set out to build our own solution but were fortunate enough to come across Shortlist before we made a decision. Shortlist solved our immediate need as well as gave us features we heavily utilize but had not previously considered, let alone had the budget and runway to build our own features such as Talent Pools. There has not been much need for customer support based on our experience, but the few times we have needed to get in touch with Shortlist we've been impressed and our needs quickly met. In short, you'd be crazy to build your own software because Shortlist has already built the features and functionality and offers their solution for a monthly subscription.

Pros

Simplicity to get started, consistent updates, improvements, and new features are released. Software has the look and feel of a proper enterprise application.

Cons

It requires some effort to maintain your database and keep things current but this is to be expected if you have a lot of activity.

Impressed over and over again

The Shortlist team has gone above and beyond many times. Most recently I had a few urgent questions that I needed answered and Soobin Kang personally called me outside of typical business hours and made sure I got everything I needed figured out. He continues to check in and make sure that my experience is nothing but the best. The product is amazing, but the customer service is even better. I can't say enough great things about the Shortlist team.

Pros

It is like a dream come true. I needed a product like this for many months and finally decided on Shortlist. Shorltist is everything I needed from a contractor management software. they keep improving and listening to their customers and I am always impressed.

Cons

The cons, not many cons here. The only thing I would say is its so secure that sometimes It can take a little bit to log in if you forgot your password like myself:) But I ultimately look at this as a positive as Shortlist is holding lots of sensitive information. So security is a huge plus.

Highly recommended

We managed to bring our APAC freelance team onboard (over 400 individuals) within a three month period. This enabled us to align all documentation, share resources, identify gaps, distribute work in a much more efficient and organized manner. The whole experience with the Customer Success team was a huge positive! Solution focused, responsive and overall an incredibly nice team to work with.

Pros

User friendly, great customer support, provides innovative business solutions. Being able to see our freelance talent's portfolio in one easy-to-use platform was such an advantage for our teams to ensure the right talent was engaged.

Cons

I would love to see more reporting functionality - but I know it's on the way - once that is in place this is a brilliant software for any company to bring on-board to manage freelance talent

Great Team, Product, and Process!

The overall experience with shortlist was excellent! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were great communicators and was very responsive to my requests. The team was a joy to work with. I had requested a calendar feature as part of my POC, and the team spoke to their product team to make it happen.

Pros

The onboarding feature was the most impactful. At our company, we used Shortlist for vendor onboarding and the team helped us developed our first proof of concept. The feature helped streamline our onboarding process for new vendors in a very user-friendly way. This feature received great feedback from various teams in the organization.

Cons

Shortlist had many great features that we requested for. If I have to name a con, I wish there's more flexibility in customization.

On-boarding

The platform has integrated into our business very well and has saved us a ton of admin. Most of all the customer service experience has been amazing and we are very happy with our relationship with the Shortlist team who are always on hand to solve any problems!

Pros

The software is very easy to use which makes it easy for the operatives that work for us to understand the functionality and complete their on-boarding with ease!

Cons

Although the software is very customisable. There are a few features our company didn't need and we would have like to have had them removed.

Shortlist Review

We use Shortlist as our supplier, venue and freelancer database allowing the team to search based on country of operation, experience, industry and many other factors. Suppliers upload all relevant insurance and marketing documentation when they on-board to help the team make decisions and reduce email traffic in the planning stages. Post event the team review the suppliers helping the rest of the team make better informed decisions during the next search.

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and requires very little training. The layout is user friendly and is structured to get search results as fast as possible. Very editable on-boarding templates to suit different suppliers and freelancers.

Cons

Like all platforms there are pieces that need changing to suit our business, Shortlist have worked very hard to make developmental changes for us and continue to do so.

Exceptional Customer Service/Great company

When our previous payment provider was acquired, we searched for a new company that could provide both payment processing and an onboarding/management system for our outside contractors. Working with Shortlist has exceeded our expectations in every way. The Shortlist leadership team from the top down is passionate about their product and has gone above and beyond to make sure our customer experience has been positive and successful. Working in finance over 20 years, I have never experienced a system implementation/integration with the continued level of support and attention that Shortlist has given our company. I highly recommend Shortlist!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to integrate with our internal platform Demonstrated ease of onboarding and payment tracking for our outside contractors Reporting features

Cons

Have not had any difficulties navigating thus far

Fantastic !!! This is a future proof product that every Agency will need in the coming years

Pros

1. Easy project setup. Get a project ready to be shared with vendors in no time. - with a possibility of setting up deadlines for proposals and final submissions. - Templates included in the software makes it easy to find the type of project you will use it for. 2. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants, and vendors. 3. Payment through the platform also possible. 4. Great Customer Support to help during onboarding and while using the product.

Cons

Can't think of any Cons. Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along.

I love Shortlist! Great Features: Versatile and Easy to Use!

Pros

I use Shortlist.co to screen, contract and source out my freelancers in my promotional marketing agency. The app is extremely versatile and easy to use. The set-up was tailored (somewhat) for my marketing company. I am very happy with the software and when there is a concern or issue, customer service was very quick (via chat and email) to respond.

Cons

They do not have a mobile yet. I am being told it is coming soon in 2018. It's difficult as most of my users are on mobile and I am ecstatic for the launch of the mobile app.

Excellent piece of software

Pros

Ability to easily search our third-party collaborators, request information from them, and keep our relationships up to date Particularly helpful for signing documents and keeping supplier information accuate

Cons

Sometimes the structure could be a bit rigid if we wanted changes

Great tool to manage your partners!

The team have been excellent and really accommodating to our requirements. Using Shortlist will allow us to better manage and engage with our Partners but it will also impact our internal teams giving them the visibility needed and helping them to deliver for our customers.

Pros

Firstly it's so simple to use. I also love the fact that unlike a lot of systems, it's so customisable which will be important to a lot of companies.

Cons

Still in implementation so nothing so far

I love shortlist!

Pros

Okay, I've seen a lot of similar types of software, but I love how shortlist does things! They are a true class leader

Cons

I don't like the support but that seems to be the norm with SaaS companies - other than that they're good, they have a good help desk as well.

Excellent service provider and outstanding service

Pros

Shortlist provides an user friendly environment and they can always customize per our request. Information on the platform are straightforward and our payee are invited to the platform timely. Payment are processed timely and accurately. Service team are always responsive and willing to solve any problem.

Cons

If we could download customize report from the platform that if would be perfect!

Lots of capabilities, but under delivered and poor customer service

Endless issues with payments and keeping track of the status of payments (some payments marked as paid even when the contractor doesnt actually have funds). Most of all, very unsatisfactory customer service. Often no support at all.

Pros

Lots of functionality. But poor use of features

Cons

Payments are incredibly slow, and never on time. Takes 2-3 weeks to process and with holidays can delay payments longer. Customer services is UNREACHABLE at times, only a chat function with NO phone number to contact. Very frustrating and disappointing.