Shortlist Reviews

4.76/5 (38 reviews)

Justine Schofield

Excellent product! Shortlist has streamlined several of our internal freelancer management processes

Reviewed 2017-10-20

A streamlined solution to freelancer management! We used to have a fragmented system that involved using several tools for various parts of freelancer management: onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, etc. We are now able to fulfill all of these duties using one single platform, which drastically cuts our admin time and creates a smoother, more consistent workflow and user experience. From an internal perspective, Shortlist greatly reduced our admin time spent on freelancer management and allowed us to centralize many management duties. The platform helped us to streamline freelancer onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, and more. Before Shortlist, we were using several different tools to accomplish what is now done in one single platform! The project assignment functionality was the biggest attraction for us. It's the most robust I've seen, offering several assignment workflows. Our company works on a bidding system -- freelancers essentially opt into potential projects by bidding for work -- and Shortlist seamlessly supports and has enhanced our system. In addition, the platform is very user friendly for both administrators and freelancers. Although the platform offers a robust selection of tools to assist in freelancer and vendor management, the interface is clean, simple, and easy to navigate. The user friendly workflow greatly reduces the potential for confusion or questions, which is vital when working with a large external workforce. Lastly, the Shortlist team is clearly committed to the success of their customers. The team has been extremely communicative, receptive to feedback, and quick to offer helpful insights or suggestions on how to maximize use of the platform.

Loryn Elizares

The FMS of my dreams!

Reviewed 2018-08-03

When I began the hunt for a FMS for our small start-up, I was working out of no less than five massive spreadsheets -- not to mention the hundreds of files floating around -- just to keep track of our freelance projects and payments. I found Shortlist via Google search, and from my very first contact I've been impressed with the software and especially, the team. I was able to consolidate all of my scattered processes into one location, and the ability to manage all aspects of a freelancer's work cycle, from on-boarding to assignments to payment, has shaved countless hours off my work day. I think my absolute favorite part of working with Shortlist though has been the amazing team of people devoted to helping ensure that we have the best product to work with. The sales team wasn't pushy, the tech team is always available for help or improvements, and our customer success rep has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't say enough good things about Shortlist, and how vastly it's improved and streamlined our processes, and in turn, our own work flows.*Integration with Hello Sign takes so much pain out of the on-boarding process *Speaking of which, the customizable on-boarding is bar none *Payments are easy to set up and schedule *Freelancers love it *Intuitive set up; you can tell it was designed with the user experience in mind *Amazing responsiveness of team

Jessica Rosenbaum

Vital Tool for Our Business

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Overall, our experience with Shortlist has been fantastic. Our business uses the tool a little differently and they have been accommodating to our needs. They are constantly improving their product and it is great to see those updates frequently. The customer service is top notch and everyone is warm and friendly. Most of my contractors are impressed with the system. They appreciate how easy it is to do business with us now that we have Shortlist. I really like that this system allows me to keep everything in one place. I used to have information all over the place (emails, Adobe cloud, paper files, Sharepoint, word/excel files, etc). My team used to wait on me for information that they now have at the click of a button. It has streamlined my process so significantly and it costs less than hiring another person to help me.

Anonymous

Overall, the Shortlist team has exceeded my expectations! I look forward to my interactions w/ them.

Reviewed 2017-10-28

-Effective process techniques for recruiting, onboarding, growing, and managing our network of partners -Enables our business to scale -The Shortlist software enables us to do our business and be successful -User interface (UI) is intuitive to use -Friendly and personable customer support, they want to help us grow (awesome!) -Open to accommodating and exploring our needs (e.g. updated search functionality based on our needs & feedback) -Shortlist team has the technical capabilities to support our industry-specific needs -Most of our users accept and fill out their profile in <24hrs of us sending the invitation (Indicates this process doesn't take too much of their time and is easy to work through)

Nate Best

Shortlist is great and getting better!

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Customer support and the rest of team at Shortlist have been great to work with. They have followed through constantly to make sure the system is working for us and are quick to turn around any requests or answer any questions. Great customer experience!Shortlist is user-friendly and has a lot of nice features that help me better manage my team of freelancers. I like that freelancers can set up their own profiles and set their availability, so I know at a moment's glance who will be best for a particular project.

Adam Jernigan

A True End-to-End Workforce Management Platform

Reviewed 2017-02-20

We set out to build our own solution but were fortunate enough to come across Shortlist before we made a decision. Shortlist solved our immediate need as well as gave us features we heavily utilize but had not previously considered, let alone had the budget and runway to build our own features such as Talent Pools. There has not been much need for customer support based on our experience, but the few times we have needed to get in touch with Shortlist we've been impressed and our needs quickly met. In short, you'd be crazy to build your own software because Shortlist has already built the features and functionality and offers their solution for a monthly subscription.Simplicity to get started, consistent updates, improvements, and new features are released. Software has the look and feel of a proper enterprise application.

Mat Langley

Simple, flexible, powerful!

Reviewed 2016-04-19

Shortlist.co is a fantastically versatile platform that allows easy locating, engagement, contracting and payments of freelancers, consultants and vendors. Very quick and easy to onboard preferred freelancers / consultants / vendors or use their database, a logical user friendly workflow to engage with your preferred for new service or product needs, then compare, rate and award. During the project or engagement period you can even manage to budgets and pay them. 1. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants and vendors. 2. Database of over 20,000 vendors if you don't have a preferred. 3. They provide templates for marketing briefs, contracts and response questionnaires. 4. Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along. 5. Easy comparison of responses for a quick award. 6. Budget / financial analysis provided when move into project. 7. Payment through the platform also possible. 8. Service centre to help along the process or add support where needed (covering when you are away on holiday etc).

Louise Finlay

Highly recommended

Reviewed 2018-09-07

We managed to bring our APAC freelance team onboard (over 400 individuals) within a three month period. This enabled us to align all documentation, share resources, identify gaps, distribute work in a much more efficient and organized manner. The whole experience with the Customer Success team was a huge positive! Solution focused, responsive and overall an incredibly nice team to work with.User friendly, great customer support, provides innovative business solutions. Being able to see our freelance talent's portfolio in one easy-to-use platform was such an advantage for our teams to ensure the right talent was engaged.

Elliott Risby

Excellent product

Reviewed 2016-04-19

I've been using Shortlist for over a year now, and have found in extremely useful tool for managing our agency's workforce. I've recommended Shortlist not just for my own company but to other teams that I now consult with. What it comes down to is that it solves a major issue for me when it comes to managing your workforce in one central location. Before Shortlist came around, there wasn't really any decent options to solve this. I notice also that the Shortlist team has made major steps forward with the UI/product design over the last few months. It's looking great and the new clean dashboard design will be a welcomed addition for our team. - I think value for money - you cannot go past this. It's priced extremely well for software in this category. - Nice design. Lets face it - most of these tools look like they've been design and built by the finance team! Shortlist looks more like an Apple product. - Great customer service. When we first tried it out we were having some small issues onboarding , but Shortlist got straight back to me and helped us immensely.

Michael Millington

On-boarding

Reviewed 2018-08-06

The platform has integrated into our business very well and has saved us a ton of admin. Most of all the customer service experience has been amazing and we are very happy with our relationship with the Shortlist team who are always on hand to solve any problems!The software is very easy to use which makes it easy for the operatives that work for us to understand the functionality and complete their on-boarding with ease!

Todd Cartwright

Shortlist Review

Reviewed 2018-08-03

We use Shortlist as our supplier, venue and freelancer database allowing the team to search based on country of operation, experience, industry and many other factors. Suppliers upload all relevant insurance and marketing documentation when they on-board to help the team make decisions and reduce email traffic in the planning stages. Post event the team review the suppliers helping the rest of the team make better informed decisions during the next search. The software is incredibly intuitive and requires very little training. The layout is user friendly and is structured to get search results as fast as possible. Very editable on-boarding templates to suit different suppliers and freelancers.

Melanie Henkel

Exceptional Customer Service/Great company

Reviewed 2018-08-25

When our previous payment provider was acquired, we searched for a new company that could provide both payment processing and an onboarding/management system for our outside contractors. Working with Shortlist has exceeded our expectations in every way. The Shortlist leadership team from the top down is passionate about their product and has gone above and beyond to make sure our customer experience has been positive and successful. Working in finance over 20 years, I have never experienced a system implementation/integration with the continued level of support and attention that Shortlist has given our company. I highly recommend Shortlist!Ease of use and ability to integrate with our internal platform Demonstrated ease of onboarding and payment tracking for our outside contractors Reporting features

Anonymous

Fantastic !!! This is a future proof product that every Agency will need in the coming years

Reviewed 2018-03-23

1. Easy project setup. Get a project ready to be shared with vendors in no time. - with a possibility of setting up deadlines for proposals and final submissions. - Templates included in the software makes it easy to find the type of project you will use it for. 2. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants, and vendors. 3. Payment through the platform also possible. 4. Great Customer Support to help during onboarding and while using the product.

Jennifer Nguyen

I love Shortlist! Great Features: Versatile and Easy to Use!

Reviewed 2017-09-12

I use Shortlist.co to screen, contract and source out my freelancers in my promotional marketing agency. The app is extremely versatile and easy to use. The set-up was tailored (somewhat) for my marketing company. I am very happy with the software and when there is a concern or issue, customer service was very quick (via chat and email) to respond.

Kevin Gray

The solution I have been waiting for!

Reviewed 2017-11-03

Makes hiring vendors a breeze.Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive interface. Met most of the initial needs and their new updates continue to impress.

Tony Welch

The premise of the platform is great - the aesthetic design and functionality sometimes lacks.

Reviewed 2017-10-30

The ability to share curation with our talent pool across our various internal stakeholders.That we can have ratings, reviews and contextual information about our talent pool. It makes curating our talent much easier.

Anonymous

Great tool to manage your partners!

Reviewed 2018-10-22

The team have been excellent and really accommodating to our requirements. Using Shortlist will allow us to better manage and engage with our Partners but it will also impact our internal teams giving them the visibility needed and helping them to deliver for our customers. Firstly it's so simple to use. I also love the fact that unlike a lot of systems, it's so customisable which will be important to a lot of companies.

I love shortlist!

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Okay, I've seen a lot of similar types of software, but I love how shortlist does things! They are a true class leader

Smile Li

Excellent service provider and outstanding service

Reviewed 2018-08-24

Shortlist provides an user friendly environment and they can always customize per our request. Information on the platform are straightforward and our payee are invited to the platform timely. Payment are processed timely and accurately. Service team are always responsive and willing to solve any problem.

Anonymous

Shortlist fills a gap for contractors that has been long overlooked.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Shortlist's focus on 1099 contractors is a welcomed addition to the world of management systems. The concept is pretty solid, but execution still needs work.

Anonymous

great tool, geat team; simple and effective

Reviewed 2018-08-03

I love the team behind the tool. Always there to help and looking for my satisfactionFinally a quick and easy way to track, search and reviews all my vendors.

Jose M. Torres

Vendor Recruiting - Fast and Reliable

Reviewed 2016-04-21

I started using this tool in order to keep track of several projects I had to develop with external vendors which were usually managed over e-mail. I appreciate the ease of use for creating new projects and including internal and external partners on the project. I expect to get more from the app in the future as I keep increasing the number of vendors I work with and the size of projects developed.- Easy project setup. Get a project ready to be shared with vendors in no time. - Possibility of setting up deadlines for proposals and final submissions. - Templates included on the App makes it easy to find the type of project you will use it for.

Richard Murray

review of Shortlist

Reviewed 2016-04-06

If only someone had come up with this idea sooner! Having personally worked on both sides of the table, it is always painful participating in an RFP process, despite how professional both parties are and how sophisticated the systems used (very rarely) are. From uploading documents, to communicating between parties, managing budgets and deadlines, I have never come across a solution as perfect as the shortlist! I highly recommend utilizing this for all tenders (large and small). Life has never been so easy!

Sam Poley

Total satisfaction from the start.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Intuitive, easy to use, respectful of the actual needs held by those buying the tool. It actually solves the problem I had, and it allows me to go places I wasn't sure I could when solving the vendor management problems with which I was struggling.

Richard Murray

Get shortlist

Reviewed 2016-04-26

“If only someone had come up with this idea sooner! Having personally worked on both sides of the table, it is always painful participating in an RFP process, despite how professional both parties are and how sophisticated the systems used (very rarely) are. From uploading documents, to communicating between parties, managing budgets and deadlines, I have never come across a solution as perfect as the shortlist! I highly recommend utilising this for all tenders (large and small). Life has never been so easy!” user friendly and great support