All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SimplyBook.me Reviews

Pros

I love the website integration and the beautiful design. There are hundreds of features and functions that make a all in one perfect experience.

Milan Angelo V.

Read the full review
I like the ease of scheduling, the options for scheduling and the templates. I recently bought the paid subscription and having more features is great.

Quaiser A.

Read the full review
Solid foundamental design , great potential to be the best in this area. Competent customer service , easy to reach and always resolve problem efficiently.

Thompson H.

Read the full review

Cons

Terrible Customer Service, terrible service, they turn your platform off without any prior warning because their staff made mistakes when you needed help. AT the end they do nothing at all to fix it.

Read the full review
At first, we had some trouble with our agents receiving notifications when the appointment was booked. Turned out to be user error.

Taylor V.

Read the full review
The nail in the coffin for us it the lack of HIPAA compliance for the API. Their sales page touts HIPAA compliance but this is not possible if you are using the API and this is not stated anywhere.

Read the full review

Free up your front desk!

Great Product, But Customer Support was not very Supportive

Affordable and Powerful Booking Software

This software works very well for booking. We had complicated requirements for customer support and coaching and this software handled both well.

Pros

I loved the features included with the base package and the ability to add extra features alacarte to keep costs low. Customers can self-cancel and outgoing emails can be customized. Zapier included!

Cons

The moment you need an extra feature after your first three alacarte ones, the price jumps up into the next alacarte tier. Also, you cannot create booking "buffers" or delays for different departments. For example, if you want customer service customers to wait at least 1 hour before booking a customer service call, but want coaching customers to wait 24 hours before booking a call, it cannot accommodate those different delays in different departments. The entire company must be either a 1 hour delay, or a 24 hour delay.

Not flexible enough

If it works for you, the app is great and easy to use. It does not work for me and I think the whole design (not taking into account the time based nature of bookings)

Pros

Easy of use, many integrations with other software. Fast interface, simple

Cons

The app has a very big flaw design that cannot be worked around. If you charge by the hour it is impossible to configure it. Every service and product has a static price which does not depend on duration. How is this even possible in a booking app? Let's say you are providing lessons. You try to create the service. The duration is fixed and so is the price. So if you want to create 1, 2, 3, 4-hour...

Dear Kostas, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we truly appreciate it! Regarding your issue then yes the system is built up with the premises that you define the time length before hand and hence this problem. We are sorry to hear that our solution did not cater to your needs. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Just what we needed.

I looked very hard for a better affordable service for my needs, but I kept coming back to Simply Book Me.

Pros

I like that you can add on features and that it integrates with WordPress. Also, we took a pretty long break due to the pandemic, but when I logged in five months later, all of my data was there, waiting for me. We have multiple income streams from finished pottery and bisque ceramics, as well as from instruction and studio rental. We use Simply Book Me for booking studio sessions. It is nice because we can control how many sessions can be booked at the same time and the customer can choose to pay via the booking site or at the session. I am excited to see that we can promote related products as well.

Cons

One downside is paying a monthly or yearly fee for something you may only use intermittently. However, the price is affordable enough that it is painless to absorb the cost into product pricing and much cheaper for us and the customer than other scheduling and/or event services. The flow and feel of this platform, for both the administrator as well as the user, is a bit awkward. I would prefer a...

Dear Dianne, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we truly appreciate it! We are just about to start redoing the design for admin interface, so gradually you should see some improvements there. If you are finding the booking flow of your booking website cumbersome, please reach out to our Live Chat and ask them to suggest changes to make it more intuative for your clients. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Overpriced and under spec'd

IF I could find another system that had the functionality I need I would move to that one. The cost would not be an issue if it had a better base product. If you only need basic then stick with some of the free options out their. I have made about 20 suggestions with zero idea of when or IF they will even be considered. After trying or looking at around 50 systems I feel it is the lesser evil of what is out their. I am not asking for much but they think they know better what people want/need.

Pros

Allows for a degree of automation to my business. I can show images and descriptions for my categories and services which a lot of other systems do not. Like the drag a slot function in calendar. Like the SMS and email reminder system (but could be better!) It adapts to most types of business which many others do not.

Cons

Very expensive for what it offers. It costs a lot of money to get a reasonably functional system by paying for all the add ons and extras. If the core was better then I would be happy to pay for my business specific add ons. Customer service is more of a cut and paste script routine. There is no place other than sending via customer service to place suggestions. It needs a dedicated place to post suggestions...

Dear John, Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, we appreciate that. FIrst of all I am glad to hear that out of 50 systems investigated you did find that we were the most flexible one. But of course we can not solve everything 100% for every single company we have as we have tens of thousands of clients. Our goal is that our system solves everything for 90% of users, but some users may have so specific demands that only a system, developed especially for them will fully resolve the needs. Until you have someone that creates such a system for you, We are happy to have you as user of our system and hope the system easily pays for itself as we believe it does for most of our users. Kind regards The SimplyBook.me team

Going past the trial will invest.

I am excited to be able to make booking easier for my clients and on social media.

Pros

The ease of implementation to outside apps. The facebook and website integration ease is well done.

Cons

Editing the booking landing page. Fortunately, I have web builder knowledge and that is helping but your system is not user friendly nor provide helpful items such as best size of banner image for templates.

I did my research and found a great fit!

My experience has been awesome! I was able to seamlessly set up my site with ease, set up my payment processor and have a beautifully designed live booking page for clients to book. I highly recommend this for small businesses and providers who accept appointments.

Pros

I love how user friendly this software is! I found the video tutorials very helpful and the customer service was prompt and friendly. I appreciate how they would always send article links to refer back to after the chat and would email me when we got disconnected. I also love the booking site themes to choose from, they are all very well designed.

Cons

If I had to give one improvement it would be to allow users to get more than three custom features with the first upgrade tier. I would have loved to get five to test it out, and would have definitely upgraded once my business bookings began. The jump from three to unlimited is a big jump, maybe offer a tier in between for new subscribers. Other than that the software itself is pretty amazing.

Hi Korie, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we appreciate it greatly! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Surprisingly Robust

It's made it so much easier for our clients to book directly in with a team member of their choosing online without us having to switch and move things from different calendars. We're still getting the hang of it, but it's already saved us so much time

Pros

The more I dive into the system, the more cool stuff I find that it can do. I've been using another software for a long time, but it just didn't have the flexibility I needed for different users with different booking types and linked calendars but SimplyBook me is proving to be a game-changer for my business

Cons

It's probably a little confusing to get started; I'm quite tech-savvy and find that it's a bit confusing when it consistently opens a new window when you want to make a change to a setting, so you end up with a bunch of tabs open that you'd forgotten about, but once you get the hang of it, you do see how all the sections tie together and it's much easier to flick back and forth between the settings with the extra tabs opened.

A Scheduling Service that is more than just that!

Great Service, was up and running in no time!

Pros

SimplyBook.me is MUCH more than a simple appointment setting service. It stretches far beyond that and covers other areas you wouldn't even imagine. I would highly recommend SimplyBook.me to any colleague!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anythhing else it could provide other than its own CRM maybe.

Dear Taylor, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Before customer, a lead journey

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the BR support was excelente in her e-mails and also the zoom section we did. And I got a lot of attention from her and a lot of questions being answered, and I'm still not a active customer though. It seems to me you understood what a experience is, before even the customer be in the platform activilly.

Pros

More than a book platform, it's about loyalty, easy to use and an end process with payment also.

Cons

Maybe it could have a way to have a Service Provider I could add a lot of adress on it on this features, instead of adding a lot of Service Provider per each address.

Dear Halef, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Comprehensive online booking for tutors

So far it 100% fits our business. We managed to set everything using 10USD plan with 3 plugins (2way calendar sync, multiorder and product categories).

Pros

SimplyBook.me does not require any knowledge of coding, website support or other developper's skills. Moreover, you do not need your own website or domain to start it. Tens on plugins. For everyone and everything.

Cons

Prising is based on users and quantity of plugins. Just one additional plugin may force you to upgrade subscription.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your outstanding feedback, we truly appreciate it! Good luck with your business! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

New User review

I am impressed by the software and will be using it to schedule swim time during the summer due to the recent pandemic.

Pros

I found the customization features easy to navigate. The overall interface is straightforward.

Cons

Several of the custom features would seem to be similar enough (deposits) and (payments) that if you require both options you use up two of the features.

Full Featured and Usable

Met all of my needs, thanks!

Pros

Lots of features and customizability, lots of good documentation and helpful support staff.

Cons

I wish I'd have had a longer trial period. It was tight to configure the system before purchasing, but I suspect I could have gotten an extension from their support staff had I asked.

Overall Satisfied Cusomter

My overall experience has been great. The support and features are exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

This booking site makes keeping track of clients, services, and sales super easy and organized.

Cons

Some of the features need explaining in order to be fully aware on how to use them

Good service

My overall experience with SimplyBook is pretty positive. I had some issues with caching, which I thought was on my end, but turned out to be on their end. They fixed this ASAP and afterwards that issue was gone. Live chat support is very important to me, and theirs is really good. I would definitely recommend SimplyBook in certain cases, it's just not really the right solution for me. But that's very personal.

Pros

SimplyBook is very easy to install on a WordPress website, using an iFrame. It's very easy to change the booking widget so it matches the style of the website. Support is very friendly, quick and helpful. There's a free version that has enough features in some cases.

Cons

It's VERY annoying that we have to renew the free version manually on a monthly basis. This was forgotten the first couple of months, which caused issues with the widget on the website. I have to set a reminder to do this manually. I get why they do this, but it's definitely not very user friendly and they should at least make it easier to renew. Because the integration is with iFrame, this causes issues (which I did have multiple times) and it's slower than something that's built-in. These issues ultimately mean that I will personally not be using SimplyBook for my agency in the future. However, it's definitely a good software and for some people it will be the right solution.

Dear Senne, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we truly appreciate it! We automatically delete free accounts after a few months if they have not been reviews. We have so many company signups every single month and we prefer to remove them if then they are not staying active. However paying accounts are never deleted. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Using Simplybookme to reopen Sports and Culture Services after the Covid-19 Lockdown

I really like Simplybookme. It has been especially useful during the Covid-19 pandemic as I have been able to provide a booking system allowing customers to access services and events right across our Sports and Culture Department (LLA) of Abredeenshire Council. Customers book pickup slots within our Library Click and Collect Service, outdoor tennis courts can now be booked allowing our customers to observe social distancing, two of our museums have reopened and are using Simplybookme to take bookings. It really has helped us provide a service through these very difficult times. I highly recommend Simplybookme.

Pros

Very easy to setup and all accessed from a single Admin site which is cloud based so I can easily roll out the system to other staff across several sites. I found the initial setup very straight forward and adding further complexity to the system was easy to do too once I got the basics right. I can easily add multiple sites providing many different services all from the Simplybookme Admin site. Great...

Cons

Can't add single Special Days (e.g. for a one off holiday) without having to move away from the easy to use "slider" schedule I use for opening times. No "Sand Box" site for testing setup or training. The dates/days in the front end Calendar for customers (when using a phone) are not locked which means if you scroll down the screen it's very difficult to keep track of which day/date you are selecting.

Dear Gavin Thank you so much for leaving your positive review, we appreciate it enormously! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Great features but the recent price increases have stung a bit!

Overall, Simplybookit has helped us streamline our appointment booking and monitoring systems. Despite it being a little difficult to set up initially, if you can afford the standard package (or can make do with the basic package) it's worth the time and the customer service is great.

Pros

It has some really great features that we needed - multiple locations, the ability to take appointment deposits, customise notification emails and having a questionnaire for clients to fill in at the point of booking. The ability to download our daily appointments as a CSV file is really useful - generally speaking, the amount of data we're able to extract from it for our monitoring is fantastic. The customer service is fast and helpful.

Cons

The interface took a bit of getting used to (but once you're used to it, it's fine! We have some single appointments for one person and some workshops with multiple spaces, but they have to be set up in the same way so the workshop booking interface is quite clunky from the customer's perspective. Some of the info (for example the service description) isn't viewable on mobile devices which is a shame. The recent price rises were a bit of a shock when it came to renew our subscription and unfortunately it has now become unaffordable for us to keep using.

Dear Becky Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we truly appreciate it. Regarding your comment on some of the service description not showing on your mobile, can you please send me from what kind of mobile you are checking? I checked your page with iphone and I can read all service descriptions. We are very sorry to hear that you guys have stopped using our system due to cost. I can see that you are a non profit organization, please contact me directly so that we can see what we can do for you guys. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Health Practice Perspective

Overall is grt. Quick responses from customer services. For us, the extensive ability to customize, operate video sessions, book a variety of services, products, packages, classes, and a membership makes this an all-in-one solution.

Pros

Incredible amount of features for the $. HIPAA compliance / encryption SOAP notes Versatility Complete customization of confirmation emails to both service providers & Services Very easy for clients to navigate Clients can track their own packages Ability to force pre-pay Intake form option Seriously, I could list a ton more amazing features plus the fact that they continue to add more.

Cons

Realizing this was initially designed to serve salons, not health care providers, I hope to see improvements in the following areas: SOAP notes are the only therapy note option. Woud be nice to have a simple progress notes option. Ability to tender in person payments directly thru the platform would be a really big deal for us. Right now, a transaction is only tendered if they pay when they book...

Dear Mel Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, we appreciate it enormously! First of all I can say that we are working on developing an admin app and maybe a client app in next round. With regards to the videos then it is relatively simple to use jumpch.at and mixing it with our booking code to give direct contact, please check that out. With regards to the Progress note option, then yes that is something that we have considered, but is not yet on our to do list. However I know that some health centers have been using the Medical History tab for that. The automatic cc payment at place, will also be implemented later, but can not promise any date on that. Thanks again for your valuable feedback All the best The SimplyBook.me team

"Years ahead of it's time thanks to an ingenious underlying database design."

Without SimplyBook.me, we wouldn't be able to offer "same day book & play" along side our counter "walk-in" ticketing system. Based on customer support feedback: I believe (and am very optimistic) about a future update addressing the "default value of 1" setting which can potentially lead to user booking errors as noted above. Nothing is perfect, but honestly: SimplyBook.me comes close. It's "the best of the best."

Pros

SimplyBook.me is the ONLY "booking engine" which had the capability to integrate "same day book & play" online booking with our in-house "walk-in's" ticketing system. Not only does it "work", but it's a "near perfect fit!" (Largely due to the custom feature "add-ins.") I had done extensive research & tried them all.... Simplybook.me is in a class of it's own. Surprisingly, customer support is...

Cons

"Power comes at a price": Monthly fees are based on "custom feature add-ins." IMO, their tiered pricing needs more flexibility. Pricing model is also based on # of bookings & # of SMS messages (if you use them.) This is not a big deal and actually favors "low volume users." (There is even a 100% free plan that comes with 1 custom feature of your choice.) BUT: If you need more than 3 custom features,...

Dear Robert, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate it greatly! Good to hear that you suggested those changes to our Live Chat which will then discuss it with the developers and hopefully that will be taken forward. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

The site is simple to set up and you can instantly take bookings and love the Book Now link

Pros

you can easily modify schedules and specific days and make modifications to services. If you're running a one day promo it is so easy to set up and customize to a specific technician and day. Having reminders for both the service provider and clients is a great feature and setting the time of the reminder also helps as it eliminates those last minute cancellations. Sending an automated link...

Cons

there is not much negative to say about the software. initially when you set up you get to try all features but when it's new and you're not getting a lot of traffic at first it's hard to try them all so i would only suggest that maybe after 6 months when a client sets up and has really understood and had time to really try out the software to offer this later as well. I understand as a business it...

Dear Angie I want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your well constructed feedback, we appreciate in enormously! We think it is actually a very good idea to introduce all the features later on as well when people really know what kind of features they would benefit by using for their business. Hopefully we can introduce that soon. With regards to setting up a service from...

Software is really good and makes booking appointments easy. I rarely encounter problems with it.

Eliminates me having to spend time booking appointments manually.

Pros

Easy to use, almost trouble free (works almost every time). Interface is appealing, and customers can access site very easily.

Cons

1. My customers frequently complain that they cannot book an appointment. This is because it is not very clear that a time slot has already been booked and they need to try and search for another one that is not. I think to overcome this, a pop-up message should appear at the booking site every time someone tries to book a time slot that is taken already. The message could read "This session is...

Dear Patrick, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review, we appreciate it greatly! With regards to your comment then I strongly recommend you to update the template as we have got new templates where it is more obvious if all slots are full and that you need to find another day with available time. Best of regards The SimplyBook.me team

Great program with amazing customer service!

We have been using Simplybook.me for almost 2 years now. The best part about this booking program for us is how user friendly it is. We have a large number of volunteers using the program to book their clients and even those who struggle with technology find Simplybook.me simple and easy to use. As an administrator of the program, I appreciate how easy it is to make changes to anything from our...

Pros

The ease of use is the best part for us. With so many people needing to use it to book their clients it is important that they can learn to use it quickly. Even those who are unfamiliar with computer technology are able to book their clients with this program! It is also great for me as an administrator that it is so easy to use because with so many people using it I often am changing their hours or days of work. With this program, it only takes a minute so I don't ever feel I am wasting time managing our booking program.

Cons

I would love if there was a way to combine two calendar views. For example, it would be really great for us if we could view the calendar by day and service provider.

Dear Marsha, Thank you so much for giving yourself the time to write this review. We appreciate it immensely and are so pleased that you are happy with our solution and customer service...that is after all our goal :) Happy Holidays! The SimplyBook.me team

Reliable and functional booking software

I started with a free plan, and have loved it. I recently upgraded to a subscription, and it's great too. I looked into other options, but SimplyBook seems to offer the most flexibility for our specific needs.

Pros

I've never had an issue with the site being down, and customers have found the booking process easy to use. I love the custom translation features which allow me to set the exact terminology for my specific business. I've use this for about 5 years, and we love it.

Cons

When we set it up, it definitely took some learning to work out how to make it work for us (special day schedules only). But now that it's up and running, it hasn't skipped a beat. I can keep adding and changing things as I go and as our business grows and changes. I would like to be able to set the date that follow up emails go out requesting a review to a later date, as our customers don't receive...

Dear Kate, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! I will check out with my team if we can add some more flexibility with regards to sending sms/email reminders. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Although not everything works as we would like it to work for our business is it still a great tool

Pros

Possibility that clients book themselves. Connection to our google calendar. The ease with wich you can add a service.

Cons

Not possible to book for groups, as we use it for planning our guides for farm tours etc. People can book a tour for their group, and pay per head. We really miss this functionality. Also we have different locations people can book (instead of performers, but we use the performer tool), and it is a lot of work to plan the opening hours per location/performer (we close most locations for 5 months in winter) We cannot send a reminder more than 3 days before the appointment. For us 7 or even 14 days would be better.

Dear John Thank you so much for the feedback, we really appreciate it! With regards to the comments, then I would like to inform you that you can accept bookings for tours/groups with our Group Booking Custom Feature and accept payments as well for the whole group. If you however want each to pay for themselves then as a workaround they can choose "Pay later" for example or not receive payments...

It would have been the best if only it allowed me to log back in after loging out.

I cant tell since I cannot log in after logging out.

Pros

Accepts online payments even on a free account 30 days Free Trial which is long enough to try all of the costum features. It actually helped me decide to upgrade when my free trial is over.

Cons

Poor customer support. I signed up for the Free account. After logging out, I couldnt log in. Tried "forgert password/forget company login" but no email has been sent to my inbox. Tried chatting with their live chat, but it wasnt so "live" after all. I left a message but I didnt get any message in my inbox from them. Tried sending a message via their Facebook page which says "typically replies within...

Dear Clarisse, I am sorry to hear that your experience was not good. It is strange to hear about this login problem as we have thousands of users logging in every single day, and hundreds of new users being able to login as well. As for the FaceBook answer, you sent your question in on a Sunday, which is day off, and should have been answered on Monday but you were answered on the Tuesday. Our...

The best booking system you will find!

If you get happier by the hour during testing because it meets almost all your wishes and you see parts you didn't know but still are fantastic then you have the WOW.

Pros

The ease of use. It almost has it all. great software that fits almost any business. lots of extra features available that you can work with it the way you want. I've looked at different booking solutions and found SimplybookIt not only has the best solution, but it also has the best price/quality ratio! And the Support team has been very helpfull for me. Even when using the free version!

Cons

There are still parts I want to mention. A number of functions that I consider essential are optional, so you have to opt for the more expensive monthly subscriptions. I think the price difference (I don't have any employees) is a bit too high. My clients are people within a 30 kilometer radius, so I would like to give my clients the feeling that they are booking locally. For now, there are parts that...

Dear Richard, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, we truly appreciate it! Regarding the booking website then you can choose whether you want your clients to choose a country or not. If you go under settings/configurations then you can choose yes/no to "Show booking page in client timezone" and also Yes/no to "Prefix changable by client". If you choose no to both, then this problem should be solved. For the invoice issue, can you please send me an email back to explain better what you need. Yes makes sense your idea for the widget for contact us/booking instead of a button, we will note that down on our idea list. Thanks again for the feedback All the best Rut

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.