Basecamp Reviews

Basecamp

Flexible project management & team communication tool

4.32/5 (11,862 reviews)

Pros
  • The overall experience is pretty average and neutral. It is good, quite easy to use and cooperate with other people, but the price for money value isn't great.Yurii O.Read the full review
  • My experience with Basecamp is a good but the only challenge is with the customer care ,where I would like to make an enquiry about some but the responds needs to be worked on please.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Platform is easy to use and very helpful to keep a project organized. Additionally, the email based communication and updates is a great asset to keep on top of assigned tasks.Nathan W.Read the full review
Cons
  • The lack of tagging or labels in projects is a bit of a limitation, although ultimately only a minor annoyance in the overall workflow.Shea M.Read the full review
  • Finding the BaseCamp is sometimes difficult. I have lost the link and was delayed in accessing the info.Colleen F.Read the full review
  • Since there are no categories or threads, conversations get lost inside Campfire and it is quite difficult to find specific things that were discussed in the past.Giammarco P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Brandon Stewart

Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value

Reviewed 2020-01-07

I've used Basecamp for more than 10 years and it has worked with me through three different positions in the three different industries. Their onboarding tools and support team offers a lot of immediate help when you need it. I'm definitely an evangelist for this platform.

Pros
Basecamp 3 offers an intuitive platform and interface for project and operational collaboration across a wide distributed team. It's easy to onboard new team members both inside and outside the organization. The flat-rate price is a steal compared to all of its competitors.

Cons
Basecamp does not try to be all things to all people, which is a blessing and a curse. There are dozens of other features offered by other platform that are not offered by Basecamp. So if those features are critical, you may have to turn to one of the API-driven integrations for a separate fee.

Ryan Watkins

Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently

Reviewed 2020-04-11

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Pros
Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Cons
My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

Regina McCormick

Adequate, better than nothing

Reviewed 2020-04-03

Adequate, at best. Better than nothing. More work than it should be, after 5 years of use. I'm not sure this is the best product for as many users and as many projects as we have... maybe ok for a handful of users/customers and 5-10 projects at a time.

Pros
It's better than an excel spreadsheet. I consider it to be a 'starter' PMS. Sort of like a starter home, or first car (if you're parents aren't rich).

Cons
None of our users can use it properly no matter how many times I instruct them, send them cheat sheets, walk them through the process, justify my requirements for how to use it properly. There's too many places for users to put things, too many ways to make it confusing. Nobody seems to be able to find a thread to continue a conversation, and they just keep starting new messages for everything. If you have a lot of files to add to a project, it gets really confusing on which one is the right one - even if you explain that the newest one is top right. If there's too many messages or files - the oldest ones get buried and nobody can figure out how to find them. The archiving system is a nightmare - impossible to find and pull up projects, you can't search by project, you can only search by a file name, and you can't sort your search - it's just a long list, and you'd better hope you were super consistent in naming your files if you ever want to find something again. There's no analytics

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Clayton Chase

Hands-down my favorite project management software

Reviewed 2020-02-25

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Pros
Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Cons
There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

Stefanie Markiewicz

Basecamp Review

Reviewed 2020-04-02

Overall, this is the most easy to understand and easy to navigate project CRM tool that I have used.

Pros
I think the system is very user-friendly. If someone was new to it, it wouldn't take much time for them to catch onto how to create and assign out tasks and task lists.

Cons
Using it as a daily task organizer only worked for select departments who had ALL tasks housed within the system. For departments that had additional tasks (client phone calls etc.) keeping up with daily tasks/keeping all teams up-to-date within the system was difficult. You can only view one persons task list at a time to see what they have overdue, what is on deck for the day and what tasks are upcoming. If you have multiple team members on the project there is no easy way to see a quick overview of where everything stands aside from looking the actual project folder.

Francis Li

Great for small businesses collaborating with clients and team.

Reviewed 2020-05-05

Overall, Basecamp is integral to our business communication and I highly recommend this for any kind of agency that needs an online proof of the communication. Helps me manage the team but also manage the clients as well.

Pros
I have been a Basecamp user for many companies and when starting my own, I needed the same features. Basecamp had scalable plans to allow me to start small and expand. There was a bit of a learning curve from Basecamp Classic to Basecamp what it is now but I like the changes and the flexibility you have with features for each project you work with.

Cons
The task management part isn't as great as other softwares that focus on task and project management. I feel this is something they can improve on for their out of the box solution instead of relying on other addons or using another software.

Savannah Garzon

The backbone of our team

Reviewed 2020-05-22

Overall, I’ve grown to truly appreciate all that Basecamp can offer. I can’t imagine my job without it. I wish the interface was designed better, with a better UX experience. But I still wouldn’t trade what Basecamp offers for a lesser but more attractive system.

Pros
Basecamp is an excellent intersection between project management software and cloud storage. Not only do we produce projects here but we can store and organize all of our file types here as well. I’m able to access every document and file I need throughout the day solely in Basecamp. I’ve seen teams need 2-3 softwares to function. Basecamp brings all of that functionality into one platform.

Cons
The user interface isn’t great. Visually the software isn’t engaging and it’s easy to get lost. There isn’t a clear hierarchy on the homepage or within projects. Everything looks the same.

Ron McOwen

Wonderful, intuitive, wysiwyg software!

Reviewed 2020-03-26

Overall, this has helped to keep my experience focused on the tools I need to complete my work in a timely manner. Alerts, task check ins, scheduling, and easy team creation allows for a productive environment.

Pros
Basecamp provides a user experience that allows for significant ease of use, allowing for much more time spent on work rather than program adjustment.

Cons
Notifications can be inconsistent, and not always received in a timely manner. But this can be a minor problem for daily use, which is predominantly how I use the software. Distance or periodic users may want to look into this further.

Anonymous

New way to manage your work

Reviewed 2020-02-17

Overall satisfied about the serivce so far. Looking forward to explore the application more

Pros
One of the key features I would recommend in the Basecamp apart from the features in traditional other PM applications are interactive communication channels , informative dashboards , mobile friendliness. Basecamp comes with the various communication channel such as group chats , pings and etc which help users to interact with the others and get information distribute easily. Interactive and easy managing dashboards help users to virtualise the data in more accurate way. All mobile platforms support very well.

Cons
Basecamp has given less priority for the time managment and that will make bit hard for users to track down the completion of the tasks.

Al Mansur

Easy-to-use system to organize your business effectively.

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2020-02-21

Basecamp interface might be a little overwhelming and confusing for beginners. But overall this is one of the best software on the market out there.

Pros
The free version is usable, and I also like that basecamp did not set a “per user” pricing. Basecamp also provides an easy way to keep all of our project info in one place. And the mobile app also fully-featured just like the desktop.

Cons
Basecamp interface might be a little overwhelming for beginners, it also lacks some advanced features. Well, the interface can be confusing at times. But for the experienced managers, they will appreciate the efficient way it handles projects and client communication.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kristen Nelson Paniagua

Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos

Reviewed 2020-03-31

Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pros
The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Cons
The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

Anonymous

Basecamp is the best all user portal!

Reviewed 2020-01-16

Our team has always been collaborative but with Basecamp used as a tool, we have been able to increase our collaborative spirit. In addition, we have been able to accomplish projects and tasks faster because it gives us a way to share which piece we are working on and thus eliminating duplication.

Pros
I love Basecamp! I think it is a great software for keeping tabs on projects and people you work with. It is a collaborative space for users to update each other on what parts of the project they are working on or finishing up. It gives our team the balance needed to ensure no one is working on the same thing or on overlapping projects. It has been a huge asset and we have all loved watching the progression of projects and campaigns we are working on. It has many settings so you can really set it up based on how your team would best thrive.

Cons
One con is that this product could easily turn into a micromanaging tool for bad managers and leaders. When utilized properly it will do wonders for your team but if overused it could be a huge pain point and stressor for employees. They allow an option to have your team give a daily summary of their tasks and I could easily see that going wrong if used by the wrong manager.

Michael Stebel

Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management

Reviewed 2019-12-19

I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Pros
Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Cons
I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

Sean Green

The best production management software for our company.

Reviewed 2019-12-17

We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Pros
The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Cons
Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation. Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

Ellie Granata

A Really Good Project Management Tool!

Reviewed 2019-12-15

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Pros
Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Cons
When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

Lawrence Copeman

The hub for all great quality projects

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Our experience with Basecamp has been very positive. It has been a greatly important tool for the management of efficient and timely projects. The features within Basecamp have been positively used by the vast majority of our clients and create a really collaborative and team-like feel around the projects.

Pros
The best thing about Basecamp is that it provides a secure and easily accessible central hub for your project. It is easy to invite all key project stakeholders and has features that allow for quick and easy discussion around the project, easy communications of important notices and action points and acts as a central storage place that gives everyone oversight to essential project documents and files. Basecamp also provides an accurate project timeline based around the actions of the individuals who use it, meaning that assists with project traceability and track. In addition it will also send automated reminders to the inboxes of those registered which is a fantastic feature for keeping on top of all project details. These reminder emails can be customised to specific individuals which means you can easily reach/remind/engage with the action point owner.

Cons
The main frustration with Basecamp is the updating of personnel profiles when the original creator has left the company. For example, I have needed to update the job titles and email addresses associated with people for accounts I have inherited after my predecessor has left the company. However, this action is blocked as I was not the original creator which was highly frustrating.

Jason Nelson

Better way of doing business

Reviewed 2019-11-18

While there were other, cheaper PM softwares to consider, one of the reasons I started to look at Basecamp is because they are, in a sense, industry leaders. They are constantly publishing books or podcasts about better ways of doing business and that's something their software does.

Pros
Since switching to Basecamp we've seen better communication, collaboration, and better delivery on projects for our marketing team. The way Basecamp delivers information—keeping it all up front and easily accessible—makes it super easy to find out where a project is at at any given time. We've also seen an increase in productivity. People are spending less time trying to figure out what it is they are doing and spending more time getting tasks checked off their list. It has also improved team morale. PM software can be frustrating, but the user interface has made it more fun. While we haven't rolled this out company wide, we are looking forward to it.

Cons
I think there is room to improve the educational components of Basecamp. Based on their customer experience, are there best usage stories? Are there best practices for implementation and usage that we can use? Key piece is communication. There's a lot of choices for where people can submit updates: Campfire, in the task list, in individual tasks. What are the best practices? Someone, please tell me.

Kate Brady

Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team

Reviewed 2019-08-16

Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pros
I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Cons
There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

Christopher Dieguez

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-07

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Pros
Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Cons
Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

Chris Naurois

Organising the mess!

Reviewed 2019-08-02

There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction. Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pros
Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Cons
It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

Christopher Fendley

We would be a Mess without It

Reviewed 2019-07-26

Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Pros
I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Cons
DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

Daniel Rizzotto

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pros
The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage) Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Cons
As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome. It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

Walter Smith

Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us. Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Pros
It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Cons
The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp. Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Chuck Evatt

Great for Project Managers (at least)

Reviewed 2019-07-13

It keeps all of our tasks in a central location and ensures they don’t disappear in the mix of the daily grind.

Pros
Base camp has very competitive pricing for project management software. Is very user friendly for Project managers. You can organize individual projects with todos and then assign those todos to specific people. You can easily keep up with the status of what the team is working on and keep up with files and documents associated with each Project.

Cons
If you are on the administration side, it’s great. I mean real great. If your on the receiving end it can be a little confusing at times. The common complaint from myself and others I know, is that there are too many ways to revive a message and thus keep up with messages. Sometimes the message is on a “Ping ”, some times it’s on a “todo” or a “camp fire”. There is no central inbox to keep up with messages. There is a thing called a “Hey Stack” that functions kind of like an “in box “ that will let you know when someone has sent you something or commented on something , but the message disappears when you read it. No option to keep it and delegate it later, mark as in read or send it to a personal todo. Unless you go back previously read messages and dig it up. Then you can book mark it. It Should just function like a standard email inbox. Unless you get sent a “ping” wich is kinda like an instant message app with in base camp wich is on a different icon. Granted there may be a better way of using it that we are not aware of. Having used other project management software, I can say this is not a problem unique to base camp. I still feel it is the better software but needs some improvements. Specifically keeping in mind the people that are trying to do a good job for their project managers and sort through all of the information.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

More orderly workflow

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-23

The fundamental advantage of Basecamp is the capacity to allot out explicit undertakings to explicit people and with a due date. Basecamp helps organizations to know which individuals from every office on chipping away at a customer. With the due date highlight, clients can demonstrate time-touchy or important matters. This component is discretionary, which enables our organization to recognize transient undertakings and long haul objectives. Basecamp's plan is agenda arranged. Agendas advance incredibly to our increasingly fastidious representatives, yet in addition, empowers the more Type B workers to center their thoughts into convenient and quantifiable assignments. The freshest move up to Basecamp 3 presented the Campfire include which is perfect for inward ventures, an advantage that was missing from the past rendition. This part of the product is ideal for intra-office non-customer work. For instance, the record supervisory crew utilizes this element to work together on building another layout for our customer introductions. In general, Basecamp enables my organization to accomplish extensive scale objectives by separating them into particular objectives.

Pros
I have been dealing with the customer confronting side of a medium-sized computerized advertising organization. I cherish that Basecamp adjusts superbly with our multi-customer firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 contributed to the item's utility. Basecamp's plan enables my collaborators and me to dole out and oversee undertakings crosswise over divisions. The new Campfire highlight extends Basecamp's utility to incorporate inner tasks, besides the principle advantage of sorting out customer work. This element takes into account an increasingly easygoing stream of thoughts for ventures that my group is chipping away at as a team.

Cons
After you have transferred documents, you can not download them combined at once. You need to exclusively download each document that you need. This can prompt having different form of a record. On the off chance that you don't erase a past adaptation of an archive, at that point there will be two. the best way to not keep running into this is to us the record fuction in Basecamp. This element is exceptionally essential. in the event that you don't remain over record the executives and discourse you could be soon over run and end up with a ton of tidy up work.