Karbon Reviews - Page 4

Karbon - Changed the way we practice

Pros

Kanban view of tasks Live view of what each team member is working on Excellent customer support and training

Cons

Conversation view of emails not able to be switched off Price can add up for larger teams Takes a bit of time to get used to

Karbon is in a category of its own

Pros

Smart concept to integrate the unified team inbox with the task and project management system. This unique combination of features puts Karbon in its own app category really, as there are plenty of project and workflow management apps out there, but they don't include the email inbox as an integral aspect, as Karbon does.

Cons

Some missing features are sure to come in time, such as the ability to search on Tasks and not just Work items (projects), Emails and Contacts — and more extensive keyboard shortcuts will be nice, too. The Karbon team are releasing new features on a consistent basis.

Absolutely Wonderful! Keeps me organized!

Pros

Keep jobs/recurring work organized! Support is Fantastic! Always new and helpful updates! Customizable for your firm!

Cons

My only con is there is not an app for my phone YET. I know this is coming though! I can still log in through a browser.

Great Management App

Pros

Really helped me 'tame' my emails. Assigning my emails to tasks so that they don't get lost was HUGE for me! For example, if an client emailed me to adjust their payroll for next pay period, I could assign that email to that task and it would be there on the task when I performing that task. I was able to set up work templates for reoccurring tasks and move them off of my calendar, leaving my calendar only for appointments and using Karbon for projects.

Cons

Wish it had a calendar view with my appointments as I find that I have to open up Outlook for seeing my appointments.

Karbon Review

Pros

It’s a one stop shop for organizing your work. You have your work, tasks, contact information, and all of your clients in one software.

Cons

It has to be set up perfectly, or exporting data isn’t as user friendly.

Karbon = Solution!

Karbon being so 'young' is not as well known as it could or should be - the functionality and tracking is second to none! Client communications, tasks, checklists, jobs, priorities; it's all there - amazing!

Pros

Functionality - not just another emailing platform - we schedule jobs, repeat checklists for repeated work, tick boxes (love that) Complete visibility of where everything is up to - including 'Waiting', 'Planned' and 'In Progress' to 'Complete' So innovative! I love Karbon!! The support is always there and working hard to find solutions/ release new features and keep you up to date with introduced plans!

Cons

Not enough people know about it!

Very Poor service (after you have purchased)

Brutal - Do not buy this software. There are cheaper and better ones out there that have a better track record.

Pros

Planned features were great, but in operation were very clunky and still being developed. Despite its polished look, this software is far from ready for use.

Cons

The support. The sales team are super nice, and accommodating until you have purchased and they will tell you anything, including lies to get you to buy. Once you need support or assistance, good luck! They are currently withholding our client data in their system so we will continue to pay them!

has been amazing by getting the whole team organised in what they need to do

Pros

Visibility on the team and Workflow management and transparency Checklists for all work items

Cons

The search function in emails is not as cohesive as gmail and find myself jumping back to gmail for specific searches

Dealing with clients is now so simple.

Pros

The ability to create various templates that can be used for month end close procedures and IT implementation checks. From the templates, you can create specific client tasks that are then sent to the client so they know what and when to complete them - within the tasks you can hold "conversations"! Perfect, and cuts out so many emails flying backwards and forwards with clients. A true timesaver.

Cons

It's wonderful that all emails are stored by each contact in Karbon but personally I don't like to see all emails stored by subject, but rather by date.

We LOVE Karbon!

Pros

Karbon provides our team complete transparency across the board! It has allowed managers to quickly view communications between staff and clients to ensure work is being handled correctly and up to firm standards. It has also allowed us to work on streamlining our processes in house and to help new team members get up to speed much more quickly.

Cons

I would like to see more naming options for work in the "scheduling" function. At times it can be tricky to set up scheduled work just right to get the names of the work item to populate correctly.

It makes my day a more productive one.

Pros

I love that I can see what the whole firm is working on. The one feature that stands out for us, is how we can make our emails a work item right after we finish reading it. I no longer leave emails unread, just so I wont forget to do the work Later.

Cons

We used to work with outlook. It been difficult to get used to the email formats. I would love when they have restriction to what other users can do. Right now anyone can make a change to the firm preferences. You can track who made the change, but still I would love restriction to lower tier users.

Eases my mind that nothing will get dropped

Pros

I like the visibility into the work that is in process...where does it stand...what are we waiting on to finish. It's a process that we absolutely needed in order to move into the new year knowing that we could continue to grow and not be faced with missed deadlines and dropped projects.

Cons

I would like to see Karbon develop an app that I can use on my phone so that I could go through my triage on my phone when I'm sitting idle like I do when I go through my outlook...the good news is I have heard it's coming...I hope so!!!

A modern project management tool

Pros

Karbon has been great to work with and us leaps and bounds above what we were using before. It's intuitive and things can be done on the fly so if you get an email that requires a new job you easily add the new work within about 10 seconds. For the firm needing to go to the next level in project management Karbon is a winner!

Cons

The triage feature takes a little getting used to and I feel like I am managing two inboxes now. It would be nice to have a bit more functionality when writing emailes too

and now, I sleep better

Pros

For us, the best feature is the work templates. These are training tool and ensure our processes are documented and regularly updated. Also, the ability to schedule repeating work helps make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

The contact info isn't seamless. It could be better organized and it seems that we have to enter information in more than one place sometimes. Also, it doesn't seem to me that the contact info is linked to Xero, even though there is a link showing in Karbon, it doesn't work for us.

Turbo charged integration of email and workflow

Pros

Ability to know what is going on for specific client matters throughout the team , including email flow and notes. Because each client matter can be allocated to team members, there is clarity in responsibility, action points and bottlenecks. Work and To-Do functions also enable better planning.

Cons

Some of the email options are lacking (even the fact that I need to capitalise the "i" when typing "I"), formatting etc. These will no doubt be improved with future iterations.

The best of task management software in the bookkeeping/accounting industry.

Pros

Triage for emails can be allocated as a task to yourself or a colleague. Client tasks (however I haven't used it much yet. Templated projects (work items).

Cons

It doesn't integrate with alot of software like others do in this category. I would love to see it integrated with Pandadoc (proposal writing, digital signing software), xero (for CRM integration), be able to clock in and out inside Karbon for TSheets instead of just recording the duration currently.

No more lost emails

Pros

We love the ability to link emails to clients and jobs, no longer are our emails lost in each individual silo. The to-do list is an excellent feature - far superior to sticky notes and bits of paper. It is great for our remote team as well.

Cons

The job workflow still needs a few more functions/search categories to make it even better, but I am told some of these new functions are currently in the pipeline and I look forward to them being released.

Good app if you commit to use it

Pros

This is a great app that can save time and make your team more efficient All the process get streamline and all your staff would treat each client the same way!

Cons

You have to make a habit of opening karbon app first thing in the morning and get everyone in to the same tune as well If one team member is not working on the app properly it is hard to track and pay per user could be quite expensive. So nothing wrong with the app but with the commitment of using

Great client management app

Pros

I really love the email triage feature and this is what drew me to the product in the first place. Works really good for people that work from there email lots.

Cons

I'm still in the beginning stages of learning the product but I'd like to have a way to bring in more communication streams in the same way as email into triage. I have clients that message me via sms, whatsapp, telegram, etc. Now I have to paste those conversations into karbon which works but.

Karbon is an amazing app for Accountants that are serious about their service delivery.

Pros

Great features & the development team is continuing to enhance the features & functionality of the software. Karbon covers most of the software needs for accounting firms. It can be used as a CRM, workflow management, Customer service, Team collaboration, Client Communication, and email management solution. I really dig it!

Cons

I Would like to see a more integration with other apps. Currently there is a quick books integration.

Great customer support

Pros

We have only been running on Karbon for a short period of time but the Karbon team was very proactive and supportive in the whole migration process from our previous task managing system.

Cons

I would appreciate a little more flexibility when it comes to exports and imports. Although the Karbon team was supportive so far in helping us with these, I hope they will eventually be working on this, if not already, in order for us to be more independent regarding this.

Great app for accounting offices and bringing workflow to any workplace!

Pros

Karbon allowed all of our team in the office to be on the same page and be more organized. Our office work efficiency has improved so much ever since we have started Karbon. We use it everyday now and cannot imagine going back!

Cons

There are some internal app areas that could still be improved. For example, the app does not allow a client with more than email to be entered into the same Karbon profile

Fantastic, intuitive tool to manage modern workflow

Pros

Emails are the boss. Emails create work. So the ability to create tasks from email is brilliant ("triage"). We successfully implemented Karbon for use by our bookkeepers and our advisory staff. It's perfect for managing those micro-tasks that pop up with advisory / outsourced CFO roles.

Cons

Its difficult to monitor incoming emails from a supervisor's perspective as only the user can see their individual triage.

Best Software for Effeciency!

Pros

1. Easy to set up 2. Makes assigning work to staff and colleagues very easy and quick. 3. Beautiful interface 4. Great support and training. Much more than just a software company....they are partners in making your firm run smooth!

Cons

As of right now, I do not have any negatives except for I wish that I could send secure files via their email feature. That would make this software perfect.

Product tailored to running an accounting firm

Great experience!

Pros

"Client tasks" and gentle reminders is one of the features I love in Karbon. Following up with client is never fun and automating it just makes so much sense. Work templates is another feature that increases one's productivity.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind... Perhaps, one can always complain about the price, but I find the value is well justified.