GymMaster Logo

Suggested alternatives

wellnessliving
mindbody
vagaro

We love everything about gymaster, it is cost effective, user friendly and the support is great.
Overall experience with Gymmaster is great and i would recommend it to other users that need a software program for their fitness facilities. Its a great program for member base collection.
The service provided during the data migration was outstanding and the ongoing help desk support is excellent.
My only complaint would be that the with everything you get it doesn’t come with the door strike.
Seem to have regular faults and errors across all areas of the software.
Option settings are extensive and sometimes difficult to comprehend the full impact of the change.

CT

Clare T.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Software!

While there are a few small changes i might make to really make this software a perfect fit for our business, overall our experience has been exceptional. Everyone we have worked with at GymMaster has been absolutely PHENOMENAL. Even for being on the other side of the globe and in a completely different time zone, they have been amazing at getting back to us quickly when we had any questions or minor issues. I highly recommend this software based on their exceptional service alone!

Pros

The GymMaster Software has been absolutely great for our business. We are actually a Car Wash but have been able to implement the GymMaster Software to manage our Unlimited Wash memberships as well as to use as our regular POS system. The POS part of the software has been very easy for our employees to use and making changes in the settings is quick and simple, especially when it comes to adding or changing products or memberships.

Cons

I wouldn't say that we disliked anything about the software but there were a few areas that could be tweaked to better serve other types of businesses, like our car wash. It would be great to be able to switch between users more easily. Our employees got frustrated logging out of one users profile and into theirs so we eventually just left it logged in under my profile and everyone just used that....

Thank you so much for this feedback Clare, I have passed on your fantastic ideas and requests for a more specific type of software to be developed. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you and we hope to be in touch with you in the near future with a more tailored software solution

JH

Jeremy H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

I can't recommend highly enough

We are very happy with Gymmaster. The product itself is great, but the level and speed of support exceeds expectation. We attribute our New Zealand Exercise Industry Awards success over the last 4 years partly to the fact that we have Gymmaster as our software.

Pros

Gymmaster is very user friendly, with good permission options that allow us to offer different access to those team members that need it. We have found it easy to train new team members, as well as upskill existing team as required. The customisable options are great, as is the ability to get support when we need it! The integrations are helpful and easy, including Mailchimp, Zapier and Zoom.

Cons

Some of the reporting functions can be a little inconsistent at times, but support will usually remedy this quickly where required.

Hi Jeremy, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback! It's great to hear you're enjoying the system and are making use of our integrations to help streamline managing your club. We appreciate you pointing out areas we can improve for your business and will take this aboard for our future improvements to the system.

SH

Stefanie H.

Good

Pros

The software is easy to use and teach yourself.

Cons

Support, while awesome, it is hard to remember what the time change is.

Thank you for this review Stefanie, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your feedback. We have recently expanded our international support team, and increased our support hours to make it easier to keep in touch with us.

KC

Katie C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

GymMaster - all the gym software options and support team you need. All for a very reasonable price!

From day one, GymMaster has been an extremely professional company to work with, and the software has been nothing but positively impactful for my business. The price is so reasonable for what you get as a gym/fitness center, including full time support by email, and they always answer the phone for a support call or question I have. At the time of the Corona virus mandatory gym closure, GymMaster...

Pros

I found the set-up for GymMaster software to be very easy to integrate with my business, as well as merchant service account. Clear and easy to use instructions, but what I also find extremely helpful is GymMaster staff and support team always available to help. The software is very user friendly, easy to set up basic operations of the business and also to make changes along the way, (signing-up members,...

Cons

Navigating through the backend in the very beginning was a little frustrating at first, as there are a lot of options, and some of the phrasing can be a little confusing until you get used to it. Some tabs and links that can be accessed from several points, which was a bit confusing, but GymMaster staff and support team has always done a great job of helping understand the back end, answer questions and how to adjust settings specific to my business model. I can call GymMaster pretty much at anytime and they will help me make the necessary adjustments, while explaining how to do it myself for the next time. Really helpful and great instructors. They make sure you have all questions answered and things in place before the call ends. Really friendly, helpful support team.

Hi Katie Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear GymMaster works well for your business and has provided you all the tools you require to make life easier for you. We do take pride in providing the best support we can for our clients and that we are always here to assist wherever we can. We hope you and your members keep safe and well during Covid-19 and don't hesitate to reach out to us for further assistance.

PR

Paul R.

Gym Master Wins.

I have owned and managed gyms for over 18 years and used the best software providers on the market that money can buy from staff/schedules/PT's/check-ins/POS/invoicing/online stores/reporting etc, anything a gym uses I've seen in most platforms & with out a stretch GM leaves the best of them for dead. Honestly if your considering starting to use member management for your gym/PT clients or switching GM will give you everything you need. If your unsure, hook up the free trial and don't be shy to call support, I've spoken with pretty much all staff and they all go above and beyond. This is very rare to find so I can only assume management is bang on perfect.

Pros

Customization GM offers is brilliant and extremely flexible. The dashboard is accurate and doesn't require double checking in reports, it's "at a glance" format tells me all the crucial things I need to know without wasting hours of running reports and filtering in excel like other providers I've used in the past. GM has saved me time and in turn money because of this. Boasting a huge degree of customization,...

Cons

CON: I'm addicted to using it because it's so enjoyable to use and user friendly. So that's the con, it takes up to much of my time cause I love using it. HA HA HA. Truly no con here. Maybe some time zones get displayed in NZ rather than my Adelaide time zone. Again GM fix it straight away.

Hi Paul WOW, we are feeling very humbled by your feedback. It's great to hear that our software has been so enjoyable to use. We also take pride in responding to clients requests as we know we are continually improving the system for our end users. If you have any further suggestions for improvement please don't hesitate to let us know, the support / development team are always ready to take the call. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.

SE

Sebastian E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Why GymMaster works for our business!

It has been good. I feel that there could be some more proactive support in regard to the features as we have had to do most of the learning going in blind and did not realise its full potential.

Pros

The software provides valuable and necessary automated communication features as well as key seasonal data indicators that allow us to target, improve and grow our business. It provides a more substantial overview of our overall business health.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like as it works for us and the system as been continually evolved and improved over the years due to the diligence of the GymMaster development team. We are always forthcoming with new ideas and requirements for the system and the team as been very proactive in improving our experience. It just gets better and bette. I would like to see on the main data dashboard page a graph with metrics and filters indicating clearly what our average member subscription value is per week/fortnight/month without having to generate a report. Also a very clear a "Year to Date" overall revenue graph with filters.

Hi Sebastian and Thanks for your review! It's great to hear you are finding the automation and KPIs helpful in growing your business! Your feedback is very valuable to us in improving the system (and our training techniques) for your business and others - we will be sure to take your pointers on valuable metrics, graphs and training onboard in the ongoing development of GymMaster.

JS

Joshua S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Over seven years of wonderful experience with Gymmaster!

We are thrilled to be going on our seventh year of operations with Gymmaster. Other companies have reached out, we simply don't reply! Thanks Gymmaster!

Pros

The easy of us that Gymmaster provides is hard to beat. Other systems seem incredibly bulky. With Gymmaster we are able to run our membership system with ease. New hires learn the system in minutes.

Cons

Being in the west coast of Mexico, sometimes there is a slight lag with communicating with the team in NZ. However it is nothing that is of extreme importance since we almost never need assistance from the Gymmaster team. The system is highly intuitive and easy to use! No complaints!

Thanks for your review and joining us for your amazing seven-year journey with GymMaster! Here's to many more successful years ahead!

CR

Courtney R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent Software, but a few suggestions...

This software works great for member management, tracking classes, collecting dues, new sign-ups, and selling products. Their are some very simple fixes that would greatly improve the quality of this software for smaller gyms.

Pros

The interface and the fact that there are explanations next to each function. Can give members freedom to manage their account and membership through portal The amount of fail-safe's in place to avoid mistakes or over charges Just an excellent overall software

Cons

That we are unable to provide a description for our classes, but can for bookings. Our gym only offers classes, so we have no need for bookings. PLEASE ADD ONLINE DESCRIPTIONS FOR CLASSES TOO. That we cannot put variations (size, color) on products which forces us to put in a new product for every single size and color. LOOK INTO HOW SQUARE POS FUNCTIONS WITH VARIATIONS.

Courtney, appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback and for your suggestions on future improvements! You'll be pleased to know that online class descriptions are currently available in the system, if you'd like a hand with this please don't hesitate to reach out to support. The point of sale improvement you mentioned is on the team's radar, I have notified them of your interest to assist in prioritizing the project. Thanks again

TT

Tracy T.

Awesome Product

Pros

Gym Master is user friendly, time friendly and integrates well with other products.The support base isamazing, so quick to help and resolve if there is ever a query

Cons

The billing if a members payment fails a few times it disconnects from using it and have to speak to member where in mindbody it just keeps allowing tries

JN

Jed N.

Gymmaster!

Pros

Everything! I have no complaints for Gymaster! !

Cons

I have no complaints, there was a little bit of a learning curb but customer service is very responsive and helpful!

BM

Barret M.

Awesome Club Management Software - especially if you have a 24/7 club

Pros

I have used other Club Management Software at my facility in the past and I have done a lot of trials/demos of other software. GymMaster really is the best available - in my opinion. If you own a club, you owe it to yourself to do a demo. Door access system is super reliable and has lots of great features (such as Tailgating recognition) to help you manage 24/7 access. Developers are very good...

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, Barret. We're absolutely delighted to see your recommendation of GymMaster - it is exactly what we are striving for!

AA

Are A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

AN EXTRAORDINARY SOFTWARE & PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM.

Where do I start? My overall experience with the GymMaster system, was daunting at first. I had NO IDEA! However, the Gym Master team have been amazing, their attitude were exceptional by ways of: 1. Helping - Understanding my needs of learning GymMaster. 2. Patience - Giving me the opportunity get better at it and learning from my mistakes. 3. Willingness - to assist after hours, even they have finished work for the day. 4. Follow up - getting back to me regarding an existing Problem. 5. Staff and client recognition - knowing who their clients are and creating Rapport, and building confidence in me to understand GymMaster. 6. Thank you - representatives and some I may have forgotten (sorry) for listening, understanding and offering me guidance to be a GymMaster operator in my business.

Pros

The GymMaster software is user friendly with a simple interface that shows everything about a member at first glance. The folders are well labeled and easy to follow prompts and dropdown boxes. The GymMaster is an amazing tracker of clients and bookings, as well as memberships. Every gym should adopt this software for piece of mind.

Cons

It's not a major thing. I mean, off the record. Time difference calling from AU, NSW at 7pm, and it's 11pm in NZ when they're closed. But, I totally understood, some things cannot be done. I'm a Kiwi myself.

Hi Ar'e Thank you for such a glowing review. We are thrilled to hear the system is so user friendly as we do try to ensure it's intuitive for our clients. As you have found first hand we have an amazing support team here. We are expanding the team internationally to ensure all time zones will be covered for support when you need it. We certainly wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

MS

Michael S.

GymMaster - a true pleasure

We control our business with GymMaster and as a small business owner, it doesn't get any more important than that. The technical staff are always available and very helpful. My experience with them is superior to many other software companies I have used in the past. GymMaster gives us insight into billings, facility usage, membership information, and even provides a portal to contact our member en masse as we had to with recent COVID-19 activities. I truly feel that they value our relationship and that speaks volumes to us. I would choose GymMaster again and again, and would freely recommend it.

Pros

GymMaster is quite easy to use and very robust. Its functionality goes above and beyond. We are able to track membership activity very quickly and painlessly. The controls within the system are much appreciated. My staff is frequently offered tutorials for use of the software and understanding any.al upgrades.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to this software. None at all.

Hi Michael Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are pleased to hear the system has provided a great tool for your business. We have a great support team who are always here for any queries you may have. Look forward to working with you as you expand and grow.

SA

Sarah A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great experience from start to finish!

I loved my experience with Gymmaster. I've seen it change and update as well over the years, which was nice to see as a gym owner. We've had a lot of things change in our gym concept, as we tested different aspects of memberships, point of sales, etc. and everything was always smooth sailing with Gymmaster because everything was logged and the customer support was always ready to help us through any process.

Pros

Loved the customer support and quick turnaround on certain things as we grew from one gym to three gyms in less than 2 years. As well during the pandemic, they were very responsive and helped us change the memberships, update them, etc. It was a great customer support all around.

Cons

Some features aren't customizable, but the team does take note of the comments we send in, which is nice to know!

CC

Casey C.

Great Value, Great Service

Pros

I wanted a keyfab system that was inexpensive but that also had some of the features of "bigger" players. I found GymMaster and was thrilled that their upfront costs were so much less expensive. Easy to install and use and their launch program provided one-on-one guidance. Most importantly, their customer service is extraordinary. I have been an international consultant in the health and fitness industry for 30+ years and I would highly recommend them to anyone--and I'm not getting a dime to say any of this. Literally, I am a customer.

Cons

Although it was not an issue for my application, I'd like them to offer a second keyfab option that are a bit more rugged for clients/members who abuse their keychain. LOL

Hi Casey, Thanks so much for leaving us this amazing feedback, we put a lot of effort into keeping our costs low while maintaining the best quality system and service possible, so it's always great to hear our customers are noticing! I will pass your idea on to the team for extra strong key fobs, can't say we have had this request before, but it's super handy to have this feedback on hand when making future decisions with suppliers. As for the members who love to rough up their tags in the meantime, we also recently have released the new option for Bluetooth door readers. This allows members to use their phone to enter the club via the members app without RFID tags on them all the time. Maybe a solution to consider down the track!

SJ

Sueann J.

Gymmaster

Keeping an up to date data base is great with the members. Really enjoyed the one on one training in lockdown with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. She is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is an other stand out staff member. Always happy to help. I will miss this team. Last day at the gym tomorrow.

Pros

Love the gymmaster system. Easy to take on board. Just follow the steps. The team behind it all are great to deal with.

Cons

Would of loved to had some more one on one training in the office. We were just getting into organising this had covid it.

Sueann! Thanks so much for your feedback, pleased to hear you found the onboarding, ease of use and support team were stand-out points of the GymMaster experience for you! Sorry to hear you're moving on from your gym, we hope your future endeavours find you well. We'll be here if you ever need us!

JV

John V.

Gym Master is TOPS

It has been great- very supportive from first demo to final implementation and right through day to day usage.

Pros

#1 is the fantastic customer service and the team's responsiveness to all issues.

Cons

Hard to say, there's not much to dislike. I would like to see a bit more development in the area of client assessments/measurements and reporting for trainers.

Thanks so much for your review John. So happy to hear you are finding GymMaster and the team helpful for your club! Your feedback on assessments/measurements and trainer reporting will be taken onboard for future developments and improvements to the system.

TM

Tomi M.

Gymmaster

I tried three different software companies before switching to Gymmaster and I have found my home and unless this company shuts down I will not be leaving them.

Pros

The customer support is second to none and they actually care about you and your business. They are very prompt on fixing problems and even taking suggestions and integrating new solutions into the software. Gymmaster has made my life night and day better and takes care of all our client and payment needs.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I cannot handle about this company.

Hi Tomi, thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that GymMaster has made such positive changes to you and your members. We take pride in listening to our clients to determining their particular needs and assist where we can. Please don't hesitate to keep the suggestions coming as we are always looking for ways to improve the system for you.

BM

Brianne M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I've enjoyed my experience with GymMaster. The support team always answers my questions quickly.

Profitability. Able to see our profits every time we log into the system and NOT having to run a report. Although I do still use the reports weekly. Time Saving. I love being able to run the expired members report and TEXT the members directly. Our members love this feature as well. It's quick and easy to renew their membership. They prefer this over email.

Pros

Being able to access on my smart phone is THE BEST. I can let members into our gym with the click of a button from my phone and I don't have to physically be at the gym. The software is super easy to use and I love that I can customize reports to my specific needs.

Cons

Really, nothing. We don't utilize the schedule portion of the software (because we don't have a lot of classes) and I'd like to be able to remove that from my home screen.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It's great to hear GymMaster is providing you with all the tools you need to manage your facility even when you are not onsite. We look forward to working with you as you achieve all your business goals.

TS

Travis S.

Stadium

Pleasant, the staff have all picked it up easily and we have no dramas on boarding new staff into the system

Pros

Ease to navigate and constantly finding more features that make our jobs easier, the support we get is unreal as well! The team are always so good to deal with.

Cons

We where hoping there would be a manual Of some sort sent out with our purchase of the system so that we could work through the features but even so we picked it up easy enough and with the help of the training and support team we where able to train our staff easily enough

Hi Travis Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it's always good to hear how GymMaster management software has been easy to use and that the support team have assisted you when needed. Our manuals are generally all online, with a huge variety of supporting YouTube demonstrations to walk you through the different aspects of the system. We look forward to working with you as you grow.

SS

Stefan S.

Sports, self-employed

Wish I had known about this years ago.

All good here

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, search options, customization.

Cons

No problems at all, In the early days of learning the software was a little hard to get live customer support due to time zones, but they were extremely helpful.

Thanks for this great review Stefan, we have expanded our support team internationally to cover more time zones now. We really appreciate your feedback.

WK

Will K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The GymMaster Team was incredibly helpful and quick to ask how they can help improve our business.

Streamlined the entry/patron-recording process for our gym facility. That was the number one functionality of the product for us and it was wonderfully easy to use in that respect.

Pros

The software is capable of handling every need that a gym owner has to electronically manage their facility, staff, and patrons. The support team is wonderful and are quick to help you troubleshoot as problems arise. The team is flexible to help tailor GymMaster to meet your needs. The software/hardware is also easy for gym patrons to use and understand. GymMaster helps create a seamless gym-entry experience.

Cons

As with all new technologies, it does take some time to learn the software. There is an adjustment period as you figure things out.

Thank you for your great review Will, we really enjoyed working with you and hopefully in the future we will work together again.

KW

Kimberly W.

Awesome is for Awesome fit is the KEY

Pros

I love how this system does it all. The functionally of the program and being able to do it all under one roof. Its like a one stop shop for your gym.

Cons

Its very clicky. I don't like how I can not see upcoming appointments from the main screen. I have to gym around to find age against membership. I would like to see one platform screen to add all necessary information for health.

Thanks for your review, Kimberly. We're thrilled that GymMaster is a one stop shop for your business! Thanks also for your feedback about upcoming appointments. While we intentionally try to keep the dashboard as clutter-free as possible, we are always open to suggestion for a better way to display this information :)

PT

Phoebe T.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Customer Feedback

My experience with GymMaster has been exceptional. They have delivered an outstanding service and understanding each time we call for assistance or looking for the best option on how we can utililize the software more efficiently.

Pros

Cost saving and user friendly. The software has allowed us to set-up our schedule classes and other services to reflect our business needs. GymMaster’s reporting set-up and templates are taking our business to another level. The reporting allows our business to identify ways on how to improve our service and increase our revenue each week. As for the templates it has made is easier for us to reach out to our members daily. Our customize app has taken our business to another level. Our member finds it easy to access and use our app.

Cons

Sorry I don't have any cons about this software. Changing provider to GymMaster has been the best decision for our business (gym).

Hi Phoebe Thank you for the great feedback. The team here at GymMaster are always thrilled to see how the software can make such a positive difference to our clients and the day to day management of the business. We look forward to assisting you further into the future.

ST

Sarah T.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Keeping track of fitness & gym membership

GymMaster helps me stay in control of my fitness schedule

Pros

GymMaster is straight forward & user-friendly. I log on most days to book Gym classes and manage of subscriptions. There is also a portal to order protein shakes & coffees for after your workout.

Cons

It would be great if they could incorporate a bit of a sharing platform for gym users to share their progress, motivation & support.

Sarah, thanks for your feedback on your experience with us so far! Awesome to hear about your thoughts on the system from the perspective of a member. We hear what you're saying about bringing more social elements into the system! helping clubs build their community is definitely a big focus for us and you'll be pleased to hear we do have some projects in the works on this front! Thanks again!