My PT Hub Logo

2.8K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.85/10

Reviews by rating

I like the layout, ease of selecting programs and range of programs available. It has a nice aesthetic layout, and I like the customizability of it.
So far I have only used the free trial but the customer support I have received has been amazing - quick, friendly responses. Clear videos explaining how to use the tool.
I love how easy it is to use the mobile app interface. Clients love it and has also been very useful in managing the progress and accountability.
The only problem is that the software is flawed & won't populate programs into existing groups. After discovering this problem, I asked the company to refund my money & they refused.
Some features are a little confusing for clients. Inputting nutrition seems to confuse many as they don’t end up saving their inputs.
I wrote customer service two times to cancel in two months. Ultimately they refused to refund, saying I couldn't cancel in writing, but somehow canceled my membership when I escalated my emails.

2,814 reviews

SK

Steve K.

CMO

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent tool for anyone in the Fitness Coaching Space

Transcript

Steve: Hi, this is Steve. I'm a chief marketing officer, and I give My PT Hub a five star rating. For...

JD

John D.

Structural Engineer

Civil Engineering, 10,001+ employees

Starting MyPTHub Premium

Transcript

John D.: Hi there, I'm John. I'm an online personal trainer and coach at a online fitness program. I...

Shawn R.

MYPTHUB

We are solving issues with customers that travel and cant make it into the gym to work with us due to work, MYPTHUB allows us to train, motivate and keep focus for our clients on the go. We have found that many clients have had issues with many other software due to lack of direction but with MYPTHUB the directions are laid out so well that before we can assist with a question on how to, the customer is able to find a video that helps them find the answer. Try MYPTHUB and you find that no other compares.

Pros

What can I say , I have been with MYPTHUB since the beginning it seems and I love the way they stay ahead of the times and technology, plus they care about the customers and take care of you any way they can... I love everything about the services they offer as it is way ahead of any other personal trainer software. You def will love this product for all the needs of your fitness business and all our clients love it almost as much as we do, the features and ease is top notch!!

Cons

Honestly with how fast they adjust and build up the program to fit the needs of the user, I cant say that I have any cons at this time.

SW

Simon W.

Awesome app!

On-point and super easy to use. I started with a phone call that I booked in with their customer support.

Pros

This product has transformed my business. I recently also purchased their Masterclass series and have been able to start implementing this into my business funnel! The new app design is awesome too!

Cons

Not a lot. It's great, thank you! I guess it did take me an afternoon to set my account up, but that was mainly because I used spreadsheets. However I did download their find a plan's from the marketplace, that got me off the ground.

Thank you for your review, Simon! If you head over to our support portal you will be able to check out all our FAQ's and you can also contact our support team :) https://support.mypthub.net

HA

Heru A.

TEST OTHER SOFTWARE BEFORE SPENDING A SINGLE PENNY/DIME WITH THESE

The move to V3 is what is the big failure here. The lack of transparency on what will happen with V2 has led me to decide to leave them and not use their service again. I will be moving to PT Distinction, who I have now tested and cannot fault in comparison

Pros

I have been a PT for just over a year and found My PT Hub without checking any of their reviews online, boy do I wish I had. After spending on my custom app, what is a large sum of money for a new, sole trader business, it was all going really well. The app interface was a little archaic and the set up for clients could be very tedious/laborious but I decided to persevere and continue whilst they ironed out the bugs. Then they decided to A) update to their V3 app and B) charge WAY more per month for a new look software with a bunch of features that seemed absolutely AMAZING when they presented them on their keynote presentation online.

Cons

If there ever was a representation of great marketing but extremely lacklustre results, this is it. They charge £50 a month for an app that is FULL of bugs, I have had the app crash in the middle of clients sessions where they or I am recording their weights, rest periods and progress and then having to try and remember or guess what the client had completed, this is wholly unacceptable and has not...

I am very sorry to hear you're unhappy with the product. We provide a 30-day free trial to every trainer to ensure the software is right for them and their clients, we do not take any card details so to upgrade is completely optional. mypthub spent 2 years creating a new platform, once again moving from the old software to the new software was completely optional and we gave a free trial on this...

AM

Andrea M.

The BEST on the market - I've checked

For the cost, this is an exceptional piece of software, much better than competitors which cost much much more. It's a superb all-round, one-tool-fits-all for PT's and gym facilities.

Pros

Wide range of features, super easy to use, great customer service, intuitive for clients to use, includes chat, nutrition, workout design, a library of exercise videos, a programme creator, class booking, payments, analytics, and pre-made programmes you can download. It also comes with loads of discounts and deals for related companies.

Cons

For some of my clients, they have struggled to find the descriptions, details and notes that go along with their programme. Also, I would love to be able to switch to client view, to see MyPTHub as my clients see it.

Thank you so much for your review, Andrea and it's great to see you have done your research on other companies and found mypthub the best! You can add yourself as a client with the same email address as your trainer account, so you can simply switch between trainer and client account in the settings. If you or your clients are ever having any issues or need any help pop an email to support@mypthub.net and we will be more than happy to help.

DT

Derek T.

Law Enforcement, 1,001-5,000 employees

Wow

SO far, very impressed. Great training videos as well. Thank you

Pros

I recently started Nutrition Coaching, and in less than 2 months woke up with over 20 clients. Business is growing fast and I couldn't keep organized. I found My PT Hub and it is a GAME CHANGER. My clients are impressed, my WIFE is impressed, I'm IMPRESSED. I'm still learning and adding my custom meal plans, but with a few clicks I can assign plans to clients. Best thing is, it keeps me organized and saved me HOURS. WELL DONE My PT Hub.

Cons

Learning curve. Some initial problems with sending clients email activation. Looking forward to the custom app (branding). I don't like the client being able to "google" the software and think it's cookie cutter plans I'm sending. Also, not sure I understand the measurement setup..perhaps a UK thing? I'll discuss with support team

'Wow' is a great start to a review! If you ever need any help at all, just remember you can pop us an email at support@mypthub.net, or you can head to our support portal where you can book an appointment to speak to the team and even join our live webinars. https://mypthub.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

AB

Ashton B.

Very Easy to Use!

Very easy and simple. The support team has been very helpful and intentional.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and very straight forward. I love how easy it is to navigate. There are also lots of informational videos on how to use each feature that MyPTHub offers.

Cons

The ease of use to upload my own videos.

Thank you so much for your review, Ashton. It is great to hear it is easy to use/navigate. If there is anything we can ever do to help you with both you and your business, please do get back in touch with our amazing support team and they will be more than happy to help.

CB

Claire B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Making my life a lot easier

i am new to it so still learning. i will find the time to sit down and go through the video at some stage.i have found staff very helpful with my annoying questions whether that be over the phone or directly chat online. if they dont get back to you online quickly due to work load they will get back to you via email at some stage that day

Pros

easy to set up workouts and allocate them to clients. easy to delete and alter workout as you go along. a wide list of exercises in data base but you can also add you own along with video if needed. looks very professional with clients. i still have a lot to learn but so far so good

Cons

i have being logging workouts during sessions and sometimes when the screen locks on the notebook and i open it back up, the session has reverted back to what was there originally and i have to go back and change info again e.g sets, reps, weight

Making life a lot easier is exactly what we want! Great to hear that you like a lot of the features mypthub has to offers, we have many more to come. If you need any help or what to learn more, please do pop an email to support@mypthub.net and we will be more than happy to help. If you're ever having any issues, please do also contact our team and we can certainly look into this for you.

RA

Ryan A.

Great for Growing your Business

So far so good with My PT Hub.

Pros

Its very easy ti navigate and use all the menu options and integration of google calendar is great. I also like the pre-loaded workouts, nutrition and habits features.

Cons

Its sometimes difficult to see the client profile details.

Thank you for the review, Ryan! In your account under the question mark icon at the top, there are videos to show you how to use each area of the platform, which may really help.

MP

Michael P.

Coach review

Single source for client management and program creation.

Pros

All in one nutrition, fitness, and back office with broad database.

Cons

cleaner integration of MFP and meal plan - create singular tracking

All in one is what we love to see! It's exactly what we try to give to all trainers and their clients. If you head over to our support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ's, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests! https://support.mypthub.net

RT

Ryan T.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Awesome and Simple

Absolutely love this product and the pricing model. We are switching from trainerize, and this is much more manageable and easier to work with. Even with a smaller number of clients, we value what PT Hub brings at a little more expense for us.

Pros

The ease of use when setting up new meal plans and workouts is great. All of the database items and the workout routines already in the system are phenomenal. We also love the fact that you can setup custom calorie and set macro's based off of that.

Cons

It would be nice to have the option to upload meal and workout plans via pdf, although not a requirement by any means.

You can upload meals and workout plans via PDF if you want to, this can all be done via the 'Files area'. It is great to hear it is simple for you to use, we have some amazing new stuff coming very soon which we're very excited about, so we will be sure to keep you updated as and when these are ready!

JS

Joren S.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Worst decision ever

This has been my worst business decision ever. I switched from the expensive Virtuagym to the cheaper MyPTHub. MyPTHub has cost me way more time than using Virtuagym. The software is very slow. It takes forever to load! The calendar always jump up or down and when you filter on week/month/day, after you open an event, it switches back to the beginning of a month. Which irritates the hell out of me...

Pros

If you are a starter who wants to test their business, this is your software.

Cons

- Slow - Illogical - Takes up way to much time for a CRM system

I am very sorry to hear this, Joren. We have created My PT Hub to cater as much as possible for all types of businesses as we understand it will be used slightly different each time. If you're ever facing any issues, please do ensure you report this to our support team as we need to ensure everything is running as smoothly as possible. Anything that will make your life easier and running your business through My PT Hub, that we do not already have, please raise this as a feature request to support@mypthub.net and we will do everything we can to get this implemented.

TW

Tiara W.

Easy Programming

I've trialed it twice and have thoroughly enjoyed it! I have also used it as a client once and loved how easy it was to use.

Pros

I love how easy it is to program and select exercises for client's workouts. I enjoyed the trial to try and use all the features- I was also trialing another popular software program but I didn't last 2 weeks on it because the layout of this software was easier to navigate! It was also really easy to upload and create your own exercises and with a few clicks it was done !

Cons

The only con is tracking the workouts given to clients and giving them names to remind yourself what they've already done in your program layout. Sometimes the app lags on your phone and can be difficult to navigate but overall it's a pretty good software program.

Thanking you for taking the time to write an in depth review, Tiara! If you head over to our support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ's, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests. https://support.mypthub.net

aw

adam w.

Sports, self-employed

Do not use: go to trainerize!

Awful, waste of time and money. Use Trainerize it is x100 better, I'll never go back. Support has been awful and they've not treated me well as a trainer. Don't give them a penny. Ad

Pros

Not a lot. Honestly I do not have anything positive to say.

Cons

-workout builder is not easy to use on app or desktop -bugs and glitchy - I've finished a workout with a client and faced 'error' many times trying to log it in, so wasted my time there -support is pretty useless -you see around 10 of the same exercise in their library, so when they say it has 'thousands of exercises' they actually mean hundreds of duplicates. -building a programme is tedious and glitchy - how have you not yet enabled us to cmd-click to open a new tab? That would really help us to build workouts/programmes but it doesn't happen -chat is hard to navigate to -Good luck searching for an exercise in that library, they have incorrect names a lot of the time

I am very sorry to hear this, Adam. I know you have spoken to our team about these and hopefully explained a all of these to you, but it was great to get your feedback and I am sorry that My PT Hub was not the right fit for your business.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Overall good PT software for client management

Overall My PT Hub helped me manage clients, track and implement client programing, and communicate and keep tabs on all client activity. Overall a useful software and essential for any online personal trainer and coach.

Pros

This software is simple to use, not bare bones, but not too complicated. The UX/UI is intuitive and does not feel as if there are too many bells and whistles. I like how streamlined this makes the experience for the administrator and coach and also for the client.

Cons

Client tracking for exercise and nutrition was not as competitive as it is for other programs like for Trainerize. At the time I used the program, there was no easy way to track client calories and macronutrients. Otherwise nothing else that I particularly disliked.

That's great to hear! We would love to get some more feedback from you about the tracking, please email support@mypthub.net and we would love to talk to you about this.

FC

Francisco C.

PT Hub

Pros

It's pretty easy to use, with a large video selection. Clients generally found it easy to track their workouts. I like that you can customise to have your logo. Good to have alternative/switched exercise options if needed.

Cons

It would be good to have more of an option for clients to add notes to each exercise, if needed and to upload videos directly to the exercise.

You can always add your own exercise as well! We will be adding more in the new year also :) Thanks for your feedback with the notes to an exercise, certainly something we can certainly look into.

TW

Tatiyana W.

Great Features for a Decent Price

Their customer service is VERY quick and 99% effective. They will work with you to figure out your issue and I love that about their company. The features are AWESOME though they could use some improvements on functionality to improve the user experience. The features come often which is sometimes an issue when they haven't fixed other concerns but it's awesome to know they're keeping up with current needs in the fitness industry. I've used other training software and this is still my favorite!

Pros

The features far outweigh competition: Trainerize, NASM Edge, etc. Unlike the others, you can fully run your business from this one program without having to supplement with other software. This makes it easy for trainers who barely have time to work in one program, let alone 5. Their support team is AWESOME. Even with my most difficult of issues, they've been very happy and quick to help. That alone is worth choosing them over others.

Cons

The software is good. A few minor issues with the user experience on the trainer and client portals by having to do a LOT of clicking to get some simple tasks done but nothing too drastic to complain about. I have also had the issue with the app closing out on me and clients while recording workouts but not often. My issue, however, was that I've been a customer for a couple of years and renewal time was...interesting. In short, their upgrades aren't quite "add-ons" and instead create a brand new agreement at the current full rate, up front. I hope they find a way to make going from one tier to another a prorated "add-on" rather than a prorated "new agreement." For the time being, they did assist me with this process, though and I am happy with the outcome.

Hey Tatiyana, firstly thank you for taking the time to write an in depth review on My PT Hub! It is great to hear that all the features outweigh other personal training apps and we thank you very much for saying our support team is awesome, I will be sure to pass on the message! :) If you head over to out support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ¿s, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests! https://support.mypthub.net

SO

Sarah O.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Best Option Out There

I love it. It's such a powerful platform.

Pros

I have been using PT Hub for almost 2 years now and I love it. I upgraded to V3 as soon as it launched so I've had a chance to use both platforms for quite a while. Before I switched to PT Hub I had tried a couple other types of training software but this one is by far the best. Just having unlimited clients is worth the cost. It allows me to us PT Hub as a selling feature for my business and lets...

Cons

The lag in the app with V3. At first I thought it was just my tablet but it lags on my phone and my husbands phone.

We absolutely love this, Sarah! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we are constantly making improvements to mypthub whether that be performance and also new features, so keep your eyes peeled as we have certainly been listening!

JA

Joseph A.

Ok software but it can be better.

Pros

Package Maker - It's real easy to build packages for clients Scheduler - Keeps clients notified with daily workouts Plenty of workout videos Nutrition Log Before and after photos Features

Cons

The software can be very glitchy. - Server very slow - App shuts down during workouts (you lose all data) - Calendar is a hit and miss - sometimes shows duplicates, shows wrong count sessions, very slow to come up... - Messaging - can be very annoying (when sending messages to all at the same time, some people don't get it. Messaging is only in one place...so when youre looking at your...

CF

Cav F.

Brilliant product

My overall business relies on My PT Hub. That is how valuable an asset it is. With the addition of a few extra features, it could be perfect!

Pros

My favorite thing about the product is the ease of use for the client. The software looks very smart and has a lot of features. Being able to customize the app to suit your own branding is a big plus. I have trailed most of the competitors and this is the best by far as well as the cheapest. Win win!

Cons

There are a few areas I'd like to see improved in the software. I'd like more customization in the fields when programming. It's great being able to change sets and reps etc but I'd love to be able to add custom fields where I can add whatever metric I like. I often track RPE scale so having a section where the client can put in their RPE, for example, would be great. There are other things I track to so leaving extra sections as customizable would be great. Another massive feature for me would be an area for clients to fill in a check-in form. I know the software has forms but it would be great if the same form could be filled in numerous times with the data being stored. Having seperate check-in forms for each week just leaves the overall form list cluttered.

Hey Cav, Firstly, thank you for your taking the time to write an in depth review on My PT Hub! We have recently updated the workouts section where you can now have RPE! I have added a link which will show you all about our new features :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvS8ixwnIl0&t=1506s If you head over to our support portal, you will be able to check out all our FAQ's, contact our support team and even raise feature requests. https://support.mypthub.net/

Emma M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Ease of use, lack of appropriate functions

It’s allowed me to combine everything I need for my clients, but I found the issues that kept cropping up not worth it. As it was too glitchy

Pros

Easy to use Affordable Accessible for clients It’s easy for my clients to upload their progress which is really handy

Cons

Too many exercise choices for the same exercise, and then lack of really basic exercises so customising your own takes forever and laborious. Easy to lose all your work if the cursor moves while you’re planning a workout

Firtsly, thank you very much for taking the tie to write a review. mypthub has over 7,500 exercises which all have a video of the demonstration, there are similar names, however, they do differ as we know depending on where you are in the world you may call the exercise something different. That being said you can create your own custom exercise which you can upload your own video. If you are ever having any issues at all or need any help, please do email our support team at support@mypthub.net and we will be more than happy to help with anything you need :)

Nice app for Online Coaches

Pros

I switched to this app from Trainerize because it had some features I liked. I also paid for the app and then found out the itunes store doesn't let you keep the custom icon which I wasn't too happy about. The app itself is smooth and I get positive feedback form clients on the look and ease of use. I like that I can quickly push workouts and nutrition information to their phones immediately.

Cons

When it says "Deactivate" client it really means delete and erase. Some of the wording for it isn't logical. When a client has to miss a month it would be nice to have the actual ability just to deactivate temporarily. I had to rebuild a clients complete profile and nutrition/workouts when they came back. I'm not sure I will be renewing it as Trainerize was more user friendly on the back end and has made upgrades.

Thank you for taking the time to write an in depth review on My PT Hub! We have now had to remove the 'Inactive clients' due to the new data protection law. If a client has been deleted, the client will need to email support@mypthub.net asking to be reactivated as a client and for which trainer they wish to be reactive too! If you ever need any help at all, just remember you can pop us an email at support@mypthub.net, or you can check our Youtube channel for all the videos we have created and also our FAQ's on our support portal. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQfaOHrgP_QGU-E4Anx_4jA/playlists https://support.mypthub.net/knowledge-base/

NF

Natalia F.

Sports, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Non of my costumer enjoyed and find it's not easy to use

Absolutely horrible experience, shocked of service.

Pros

I am not sure if I like anything about this software after a disaster experience, not costumer friendly

Cons

Non of my client enjoyed to use this app, Google sheets are much better and easy to use, I didn't find any cancellation and they take my money and don't want giving me my refund and it's only one week gone, my clients find its difficult to use this app not compatible all the time need to push something to use, sheets just open and go, I not use this app much because no one like it and waiting long...

Hey Natalia, I am very sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed the app and it is not easy to use after not using much of it all. From what I can see you have not contacted our support team throughout your time with mypthub, we would have been more than happy to help you and your clients so that you can utilize the software as much as possible for your business. We have recently released mypthub v3 which was build from the group up which has 100's of new features and is 10.5x faster! When purchasing the subscription we outline everything to the trainer and the reason we give a 30 day free trial, to ensure that it is right for both the trainer and their business. I can see that you have now booked a call to speak to one of our support team we can discuss this with you then.

BB

Blake B.

My PT Hub Review

I've taken my entire fitness business online. My PT Hub is easy to use and my clients like it plus the price is great!

Pros

For the price, you can't go wrong. There are plenty of features for clients and it's pretty easy to use. I've been using PT Hub for a few years now and it's come a long way. It's pretty simple to use, upload your exercises (or use the exercise database), create the workout and assign it to your clients - Pretty easy. I recommend My PT Hub to anyone, especially if you're just starting out in the online personal training business.

Cons

None really...although it'd be nice to have a chat feature so I can talk with a rep sooner rather than later. My decisions are time sensitive using a chat instead of email would be nice. Don't get me wrong- the email support is great and the reps usually get back to me pretty quick. Other than that, the software is great!

We do have a live chat option on our website as well as email, which you can get an instant response 9-6 GMT Monday to Friday.

AC

Alexander C. K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, self-employed

MY PT HUB - The Best Software For Inspiring Personal Trainers

It has made my business much more efficient and effective. I only have to use 1 app to track everything now and store client documents, instead of using 5 or 6 different programs or apps to track everything and store documents. It has made my life and business all that much simpler.

Pros

Easy to track workouts for all of your clients and the client can see it as well which allows for great two-way communication from both the Trainer and the Client. On top of that, the client can even track their diet intake and documentation can be uploaded to the clients account on the app such as the Agreement they signed with me (the Trainer) or what their current weightlifting maxes are! MY PT HUB is a one-stop-shop for all you need, for the Trainer and the Client both.

Cons

There's currently no way, no function, in MY PT HUB to auto-calculate how much more weight the client is lifting today compared to 1 month ago. If you want to see how much a client has progressed since they started working out over the course of a month, how much more weight they can lift, you have to compare the numbers manually and calculate the percentages yourself (such as a 10% increase in strength over the course of a month for example). Hopefully, MY PT HUB will add this functionality in time.

Firstly, thank you so much for writing an in depth review on My PT Hub, it is greatly appreciated! It is great to hear that we are all you need for a personal trainer, this is exactly what we are looking to do, make everything easier for you and your business ? My PT Hub will be going through some big changes in the near future which we think both trainers and clients are going to love! If you head over to out support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ's, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests! https://support.mypthub.net

RJ

RAPHAEL J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great Program for managing many clients

Pros

You can make block programs, almost all of the exercises have videos along with them. You can set tempo and other variables for your clients. Nutritional plans can be made and sent out to clients with ease.

Cons

Can be confusing at first, but is easy enough to get the hang of. Take advantage of the free trial to make up lots of test clients or have friends try out the program so you can see what works for you.

We love ot hear it's great for managing your clients! Within your account under the 'Marketplace' there is the. Blueprint 101 which is a 9 part series that will show you how you can set up your online business, which may really help :)