All categories
CAKE POS

Online Point of Sale (POS) software solution for restaurants

visit website

CAKE POS Reviews - Page 6

CAKE has saved me so much time!

CAKE allows me to tie all of my business aspects together. My inventory, ordering, and sales and being tied into one program which saves me time and money.

Pros

CAKE's ease of use and customer service makes it outstanding. I have an open line with my rep and any need we come across CAKE does their best to change the programming to fit my needs!

Cons

Cons are minimal. Glitches seem to be very rare and when they do happen they are fixed promptly.

Hi Sue Ann, thanks so much for your kind review! Love hearing that you have had such a great experience with CAKE! We do our best to make things easy for our customers, and we're glad that you agree.

Cake has been a great help to our business. The reporting is top notch, and very easy to use!

We saved a immense amount of time and energy on the reporting side of the software. Because the system is cloud based, it benefits our organization by allowing owners and managers to view and interact with the software in remote settings, and get real time daily numbers.

Pros

I love the depth I can get out of the reporting aspects of the software. The customer service has been stellar from hardware issues, software questions, and even helping my assistant managers when I was not able to be on site. My staff was able to use the software on day 1, thanks to its ease of use and the loads of training material available online.

Cons

The software does have some customization and feature limits. We have an old building and our line is in several places, so I was not able to get as detailed as I would have liked with certain menu items, printer controls, and sending features. However, the customer support team was able to help me come up with solutions that were not optimal, but served the purpose.

CAKE is happy Mama J's is getting the reporting you need, along with excellent customer service and staff training. We're happy to talk you through any customization and feature issues you're experiencing, please reach out to support@trycake.com for help with your issue, our support center is 24/7 and a restaurant specialist will be able to assist you in 30 seconds or less.

Our CAKE POS system has been a great asset to our growing business!

Pros

I like the ease of keeping my menu up to date, the knowledgeable support staff and the smooth order entry with our Cake POS system.

Cons

The one thing that would make this system perfect is if the printers could buzz or ring when a ticket prints. This feature is only needed on the kitchen printer so it should be something that can be turned on or off as needed.

CAKE is happy Rodney¿s BBQ has no bones about their experience with CAKE Point of Sale. We offer the tools you need for your restaurant to succeed, and the support to get you back up and running in every event. We are testing new printer features with our partners, and we are likely to release printers with lights and notification alarms in the future. We¿re happy to be a great asset to your growing business, and please reach out if we can ever offer further assistance.

Best all in one around

Pros

The reporting and customization of the software make Cake the best all in one PoS on the market!

Cons

Sometimes there are updates that are counter intuitive but they will allow you to remain on an older version of you prefer.

Cake made our life easier

We've been using cake POS system for a couple years now and I've been very happy with it. Wish that we had the income to bring in the pads because that would have made things so much easier.

Pros

Customer support, and ease-of-use. I love the fact that customer service helped us quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Would like it if the payroll would have a marker showing paid and not paid.

Thank you for your kind words Morgan. As we strive to continually be an easy to use Point of Sale, we are glad to hear that we made your life easier! Also, we will definitely be giving a shout-out to our Customer Support team for being quick and efficient.

Very positive

Pros

Software it easy to use. Can be used remotely. I like the copy feature and the search. I like having remote access to the menu administration. I do it mostly from my phone.

Cons

No order pad support for Android devices. Some actions can only be done from the terminal such as item count. Needs auto sort feature. Needs better search feature. Copy should also copy the price.

Thank you Roseanne for your great review of CAKE. We offer tools that let you manage your restaurant anywhere, anytime. Unfortunately on the inception of the OrderPad product we had to make a choice: iOS or Android. We chose iOS as there was far less diversification on the hardware front. We wanted to deliver a reliable experience, so we chose iOS support. Thank you for choosing CAKE for the Wit's End Tavern, and thank you for the great feedback.

Easy and Cost Effective

Pros

Cake is extremely user friendly. My employees learned how to use it in about 5 minutes. Also, the pricing makes it great for small businesses. Lastly, the support is wonderful. After almost 3 years of having cake, we have yet to experience any problems.

Cons

Nothing. Everything is wonderful. I have recommended it to other independent restaurants

Thanks so much, Mike, for your review! Extremely user friendly, and your employees learned to use it in 5 minutes, wow - love hearing that your experience was a piece of CAKE. Thank you for being a loyal customer, we appreciate you and your business!

We absolutely love this system, it's is so easy to use and The functionality is amazing!

Pros

I like the ease of use, the small foot print and most of all the price and financing was affordable and easy! Customers love it, employees love it and I love it. Has a great back office intergeagrion as well. There isn't cords all over the place and the credit processing is built in and lightning quick. The cloud support is top notch as wel

Cons

Only thing I would improve is more area for comments in the order taking menu for deliveries and special instructions

Thank you James! We're glad River Crust Deli is getting so much out of CAKE Point of Sale. We pride ourselves on technology to automate more and more of the multitude of tasks that is running a restaurant everyday. We hear you about adding more comments for delivery and online orders, please stay tuned to future updates.

CAKE is the Best

Excellent

Pros

The hand held feature is terrific and the service is seamless.

Cons

I planned on keeping my old POS equipment for a backup, but was so pleased with CAKE that I sold all the old equipment.

Overall good, have been able to give feedback on challenges.

Pros

Easy to use, simple layouts, good availability for support, representatives listen to feedback, good value

Cons

Updates, certain features pose issues, reporting needs more functionality, lag time in data uploading to reports and third party integrations

CAKE does our best to deliver excellent customer service, and a big part of our process is listening to the needs of customers like you. We are glad to hear so much of your CAKE experience has been positive, and if you'd like more help talking through your reporting and update issues, please reach out to support@trycake.com for immediate assistance. We appreciate you taking the time to review CAKE.

Easy to train my employees on...and very user friendly

Pros

User friendly!!! Screen very visible . Time clock is good to ,make changes to before payroll entered. Ability to enter new items with ease.

Cons

Would like to be able to enter beer and liquor for inventory. So you would be able to see you in and out

Thank you Rose for your great review of CAKE. We like to hear Elkhorn is moving fast and lean, entering in new items and managing time with ease. This video from CAKE University can walk you through using stock counts to help organize inventory. https://university.cake.net/Point_of_Sale/Daily_Use/Stock_Counts. Please get in touch if you ever need any assistance from our support team Support@trycake.com.

Great system, stable, 8 months in and still no problem. Great customer service.

You get your monies worth and isn't this what you want?

Pros

Easy of use, straightforward and easy to adjust things on the fly without messing up everything else in the system. Customer screen is fantastic since you don't have to flip the screen back and forth. Guests don't feel pressured to tip since all happens on their side. Reports are great and very neat.

Cons

We don't have anything that we don't like about it but if this system could integrate 3rd party vendors such as UberEats, Postmates etc then it would be tremendous.

Thank you Fred for your awesome review! We do offer online Ordering and actually have asked one of our Customer Success Manager to reach out to you to see if it's a good fit. You can also visit CAKE University to see your online ordering options. (https://university.cake.net/Special:Search?path=&q=online%20ordering) We¿re glad the dual displays streamline things for your customers and employees. Reporting is something we¿re pretty proud of too!

Cake software review

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The customer support is probably one of the best I have talked to. The Cake staff is very friendly and helpful. I would not think of using a different company for my POS needs.

Cons

Some of the previous software updates caused an issue with the POS having to be restarted frequently. I have talked to tech support about the issue and it has been since resolved.

Thank you so much, Scott, for being such a loyal CAKE customer! We are happy to hear that you have found the Point of Sale easy to use and had such great service from our support team.

LOVE it!

Totally changed my business. Now we track what items are selling best, peak times for employee scheduling and I don't have to go back to my deli to make sure the register has been closed for the evening. I get an email as soon as that is done!

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to train employees on, easy to make menu changes. Easy to keep track of sales and clock in/clock out for employees.

Cons

CAKE is happy to hear Main St. Desserts & Deli is getting the reports, data, and scheduling assistance that you need to run your business your way. We make sure you keep moving forward without having to recheck your registers manually every night. Thank you for your great review of CAKE.

I would recommend this system to any restaurant!

There are so many different ways to use the system from an owner stand point. Keeping track of data is critical and Cake has made it very easy to look up anything that I might need.

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate, program and train the staff on.

Cons

There have been some little things along the way that have not been very user friendly but the software is continually being updated and as time goes on, the little things are getting worked out.

Thank you so much, Lisa, for your kind review! There's no higher compliment than saying you would recommend us to ANY restaurant! And yes, we know there is always room for improvement and we are always striving to improve the system through feedback from customers like you. Thanks for your business, and for being a piece of CAKE.

POS use

Pros

New employees catch on rather easily. It does not do everything but it does run a lot of reports that you can get to daily with ease. Customer support will walk you thru most issues you come across in a very reasonable time

Cons

I wish you could do everything remotely. When your a small restaurant you don't always want to give servers ability to get deep into system. Close out reports, tip function

Thank you, Dave, for your review! So great to hear that new employees find CAKE a breeze to use and that Customer Support has been so supportive. Would love to learn more about what issues you are having managing things remotely. Please give us a call and we can walk you through how to set up options based on managers, servers, etc.

We've had nothing but the best experience using CAKE.

Pros

User friendly, 24/7 support, updates that make our business run smoothly. We also love the online ordering option, it was helped us increase business for customers who are on the go.

Cons

We really havent had any real big issues with the software as of yet. I do wish there were certain options like phone orders but other than that we love it.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on any features you'd like to see, please lettuce know how we can serve you better! Glad to hear Lettuce Toss It is running smoothly and seeing more green with CAKE. Thank you for taking the time to write a great review.

Cake

Excellent, no real issues or problems at all. Easy to use and user friendly.

Pros

Very easy to use. Rarely do have a problem but when one arises their tech support is easily accessible and ready to help.

Cons

Honestly I don’t have any problems with the company or software. The ONLY issue might be the difficulty of changing the users interface.

Hey Ben, thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear that we are a very easy to use and user-friendly system. Our 24/7 support team is always on standby and ready to help when issues arise, so thank you for the shout-out!

Always easy to get someone on the phone. Was very simple to set up. Very easy to add new items to the menu.

Pros

One is the top things I enjoy most about this software is the ease of making changes so quickly. Adding and deleting items is a breeze. I also love how easy it is for new hires to learn.

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish the nightly reports for the servers were more detailed.

Thanks for the great review! Love to hear that making changes and the system in general is so dang easy. We hear you on reports, improvements are coming your way soon!

Owner

Pros

Super easy to use and it did not break the bank to buy it. Plus customer service is easy to work with and get in touch with when needed.

Cons

Certain features on the employee clock in and out. I have had trouble fixing times for employees who forgot to clock out till the next day.

Thanks, Jennifer, for your kind review! We love hearing that you find CAKE easy to use and have experienced our top notch customer service. If you are still having issues with your employee clock in and out, please contact your Customer Success Representative or you can call support any time at 855.696.CAKE.

We switched to CAKE because we needed to update our old system.

I do have an issue with paying out vendors in cash where the system doesn't have categories to track that, which I am hoping they might resolve but has not been yet in spite of my efforts.

Pros

I really liked how fast they can get into the system within seconds to check or address simple issues.

Cons

Thank you Ronnie for your honest feedback. We make it simple and quick to access and utilize the full functionality of our POS anytime and anywhere. While we don't offer the tracking feature you want yet, it will be eventually developed. In the meantime, your accounting software can be used to track payments externally.

Switched to this POS 3 years ago, no problems works very well.

Pros

Great control over sales value and Items sold reports. Easy to revise/change menu and prices. 3rd party software ShoGo uploads daily sales to Quickbooks Online daily.

Cons

Scheduling and time clock functions are weak. We can't use them. Should be able to clock in and out from a ipad/tablet separate from order pad/register.

CAKE is glad to hear you're getting great mileage out of CAKE and our partnership with Shogo. We're glad you can change your menus and pricing with ease. We just pushed a CAKE POS update, and we've made it simpler to clock in and out. Thank you for your great review!

Cakes

It’s been great especially my account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Easy to use, back office short is great and helpful

Cons

Online ordering there is no protection just like anywhere else

easy to use .

Pros

easy to navigate, wish it had a few more features tho. I would recommend this system. clocking in and out, but could use better closing

Cons

staff signing out with open tabs, hate that... printers are ok . its getting better but needs fine toning.

CAKE is happy Johnny's Taphouse and Grill is doing well with CAKE Point of Sale. We have recently enhanced the POS to show a warning if the employee has any open orders. We will be creating a system option to prevent a clock out event if there are open orders. We hear you, and we're working on a solution. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback of CAKE!

Switching from Aloha

We so far are very happy with our transition to CAKE.

Pros

We really love the ease of use for back of the house. Fast and easy to change and add items. With these uncertain times the Online Ordering option has been a life saver! Cloud based makes everything very fast to update! Customer service has been amazing, every time I call or email my questions or problems are handled quickly and with a knowledgeable customer service rep.

Cons

Only cons are some features that are not yet available or are in the works.