Toast POS Reviews

Michelle Tapscott

Why I chose Toast

Reviewed 2017-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP. Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Theo Kollintzas

Toast is really a great system easy & saves time. Problems false promises from sales rep & cc fees

Reviewed 2018-03-26

That is super user friendly. Fast and overall a great system. Seriously aside from what I write in the CON section. Toast REALLY is the best software POS system I have worked with. Hands down.

Lindsay Miranda

Not the best, not the worst

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Overall my experience is indifferent. While I am occasionally irritated with this system other days it functions fine but overall it is still mediocre. I would recommend it to someone with a strong encouragement of researching the program to see if it is the best system for your business.Toast POS system has a VERY short list of pros from my time using it in my restaurant. One of the only pros is the easy-to-read menu set up. While There are not many features or anything about the system that I found unique or helpful, there are not to many bad elements that stand out either. It is a simple and mediocre system.

One of the most intuitive POS systems I have encountered

Reviewed 2019-01-14

When I began using Toast there was fear of a learning curve however I immediately adapted to it as it seemingly was designed by the professionals in the industry who use it. Everything is where it needs to be and it is incredibly easy to train new employees on the system even without previous experience working with a POS system.Very intuitive user interface Incredibly easy to pick up and go with previous POS system knowledge Very responsive clicks Great organization tools for menu options Split check function is much easier to use than other systems Credit card transaction time is very fast

Kelly Vega

Toast Review

Reviewed 2018-08-30

The back end entry saves HOURS out of my week, and my employees are much, much happier with the ease of functions they use everyday (splitting checks, transferring tabs). I also enjoy the community and keeping in touch with Toast. It's not like one of those systems where a salesman comes into your restaurant, sells it to you, and never answers your call. Toast is constantly finding new ways to be a partner to us. I most liked upgrades. With our previous systems, you bought them and that was it. We suffered for years without functions we wished we had. With Toast, if they don't already have it, you can bet it will be in a future upgrade.

Tyler Broucek

Toast Review

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Far and away the easiest POS software to use. If you are looking for software that anyone from the most tech savy down to the least savy, this is the platform I would recommend. The reporting features are easy to use and understand.

Joe Guenther

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed 2017-03-24

We've had Toast for over a year and could not be happier. We never planned on switching from our old POS but after seeing a presentation of Toast we were blown away by the possibilities. Toast has increased our efficiency immensely which shows in our sales. We recently had over 10,000 people for our annual St. Patrick's Day Street Event. We've always been please at how easily it handles our volume, but wow, it ran smoothly and effortlessly all day long! We had 17 handhelds running and 5 terminals! We cannot say enough good things about Toast! We learn new things every day that increase our productivity!

Jeff Jacobson

Toast and the Cloud Makes Sense

Reviewed 2017-03-26

For over a year our organization searched for the right POS solution for us that would solve issues that our current provider could not. We had 65 locations in our brand and it seemed like they were 65 islands when it came to our POS system. There were many versions of our data base, and we were hampered by issues such as the end of life for our operating system. Toast was one of many POS providers we evaluated, including all of the top names in the industry. Some of the most important considerations that influenced our decision included the system being cloud-based, easy to use, and easy to integrate with other technology. We installed the Toast POS solution for the first time in July of 2015, and have been converting locations since then. We currently have over 60 locations using Toast, and anticipate the rest of the locations to convert this year.Easy to use, reliable, good value.

Matt Stanfield

Awesome product, completely cost effective and easy to work with.

Reviewed 2015-09-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I have found their system to be very easy to work with and definitely cost effective. The thing I hated about the other POS systems that are IPad based is that a new Ipad is so ridiculously expensive to replace. And I don't know about y'all, but when you hadn employees tech, you better be prepared to replace it. I have added tablets in literally less than 20 minutes on a Friday night because I decided that day I wanted a phone station. It was easy to do, and I took care of it without support. But when I have had issues on Friday night, like when Time Warner decided to go down for a couple hours just cause, Toast was right there on the phone and able to walk my staff through the offline experience. The data is easy to get on the back end, and in real time. I love being able to log in and see what is going on at any given time. Or edit the menu because I forgot something from my recliner at home, if I am actually able to that day. Y'all know how that is, or will.

Tony Konecne

Our company's experience with Toast has been pretty terrible.

Reviewed 2018-07-08

The benefits we have gotten are overshadowed by the drawbacks.The front end functionality is pretty good, though not as good as it was sold. Aloha was better. There are features such as drag and drop table transfers that are pretty neat. Splitting checks is very easy.

Brayan Agostinho De Freitas Gomes

Excellent application to manage restaurants in a fully automated way

Reviewed 2018-05-25

As a software developer I have had the opportunity to see this mobile application and I think it's really great everything he does. is an excellent tool for restaurants where it offers a good system of administration of restaurants based on the cloud and where it calls more attention is its integration of points of sale to this software built in android operating system. the application has a comfortable and easy to use interface and where there is enough documentation. Its products include: receipt printer, cash box, kitchen display screen and card slip.

Toast POS review

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Great young team of professionalsLove that it is built on the android platform and technically you can use your android phone to run the system.

Jonathan Schroeter

Toast POS!!

Reviewed 2016-08-20

Toast has been a great overall experience thus far for my 5 restaurants. The functionality is amazing as well as the back end . All of employees hands down prefer this software over what we use to have. Offline Mode is amazing!! No more phone calls because the internet went downYour able to do anything you really want. With 5 stores I love the fact that when I make a change on one restaurant it make the exact same change on the other 4. Offline Mode is huge considering what we had before. 24/7 Technical Support is nice although at times they just tell you they do not know the answer and will call you back but 9/10 they never do call back.

Erik Metzdorf

Toast rocks for us!

Reviewed 2015-02-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Service, support, simplicity, reporting, integrated payment processing, online ordering, and overall functionality. When we launched our business, we had purchased a competitor of Toast's product that ran on iOS platform. Based on our needs and our gourmet mobile food business model, it seemed to be a great fit. But when we attempted to implement the other software, we ran into a variety of problems from the outset, and after 2 weeks of struggling to get the other system up and going, we realized we needed to find a different solution. Toast literally saved us! Their tech engineers were on site the day after we connected with them, and they set up up for success instantly! My favorite thing to say about Toast is that it just works! But it is also much more than that. It is a very robust and integrated tool that is available at pricing that is almost embarrassingly fair. A true "Champagne Product for those on a Beer Budget," to quote my uncle.

Alexandra Coughlin

Modern POS system with functional features

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Peace of mind, modern and easy to use especially with staff who is accustomed to cloud based software. I enjoy the easy access without fussiness, it allows for customizable features that work for our restaurant, it makes updating menu items/labor simple instead of a headache that it was on other POS systems. I think the ease of functionality lies in their cloud based system that allows you to run credit cards even when offline.

Anonymous

After using so many POS systems this is my absolute favorite

Reviewed 2019-02-16

We use Toast as our jazz club and every single employee absolutely adores the system if they have any experience with another point of sale systems. It is much more professional than a system such as square in my opinions and seems like a wonderful middle-ground between an industry standard like Aloha and a more intuitive and user-oriented solution like clover.User Interface is absolutely gorgeous So much more intuitive than other systems (seems like it was designed by me) Very fast transaction and screen speed easy to add things to menu/change prices Works very well so any sized restaurant makes splitting checks way easier that most POS systems

Sarah Aasland

Toast fits like a expertly tailored suit!

Reviewed 2017-03-03

Toast can be whatever you want out of a POS system- you can customize all settings to fit your needs or if you want something you don't have to be too involved in and you want to keep it simple, Toast can do that too. They are always introducing new features and ways to make your life easier- and if you think of something they haven't added yet, you can request it and it will be added if other users and restaurants like the idea too. Hardware and software are integrated well and easy to use, and if there's ever a problem then 24/7 support (not robots, real Toast employees!) is only a phone call or email away. user- friendly, simple, customizable, intuitive, fast.

Jennifer Majeske

Very reliable and user friendly

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Overall it was one of the best POSS systems I used.Easy to teach and edit POS that is specific to the restaurant industry.

Paul Tupa

Confusion of support

Reviewed 2017-04-03

The support is lacking. You always get a tech to speak tech and when they look at your system they find other problems to fix and never help fix the one you need help with. You pay a monthly fee but they charge you for the support anyhow. The Sales staff can not work the system so don't bother asking them for minor help. Back office is easy to use.

Jack L

Toast is The Most!

Reviewed 2016-07-18

I moved our restaurant from Aldelo to Toast, and I've found it to be a Very Good Decision. Streets ahead of the competition. Competitive processing rate, excellent customization, great integrated online ordering, cloud-based reporting so I can take care of all kinds of tasks from anywhere I have internet, and the list goes on.

Matt Ensero

Huge leap forward from our NCR Aloha experience

Reviewed 2018-05-30
Review Source: Software Advice

We switched from NCR Aloha to Toast within our franchise system and it has been a huge leap forward. We went from an archaic product full of unnecessary layers of complexity to a streamlined solution that our entire team loves. Sure there are occassional issues as technology is an imperfect solution, but the Toast team certainly tries harder to resolve issues than some of the other bigger guys we've worked with in the past, including NCR.UI is simple and friendly Software is modern and intuitive New features are constantly being developed

Daniel Morris

The Hand Held Device is Groundbreaking

Reviewed 2018-11-21

While getting my ơn business under way, I was a gẻneral manager at Banditos Cantina. I have been in the hôspitality business a long time and mostly used Micros. I was introduced to Toast Systems and it blew my mind. The hand held device has changed everything. No more waiting for a terminal to put an order in or print a check. You can do it from anywhere in the restaurant. Increases in sales, típ and table turnovers where through the roof!Not having to go to a terminal to put in a food or drink order is amazing! It saves so much time and hassle.

Jamey Harland

Toast POS Review

Reviewed 2016-09-13

Fantastic customer service. Easy to learn if you have prior computer and POS experience. Reliable and efficientEase of back end work making menus...reporting etc .

William Johns

Toast will change your business for the better! Save your business money with toast! New toast customer.

Reviewed 2017-03-06
Review Source: Software Advice

We love our Toast POS system! We have been with Toast for a couple of months now and it is one of the best business decisions we have ever made! We used to have to pay 2 separate companies for POS and one for online ordering.. with Toast it's ALL IN ONE (and cheaper than both of the old companies). Toast also offers very thorough accounting and inventory software that makes it easy for us to see where o. ur money is coming and going! The software is very user-friendly. We are happy we joined and can't wait to see what this growing company has in store for the future!

Leslie Ciccone

Toast is simply AMAZING!

Reviewed 2017-08-09

The biggest benefit to our use of the software is the inventory control. We are a dessert bar, so our daily inventory is finite. No need for an 86 List.